Arborstone vs Underworld vs Fissure of Woe

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jarni.7402

Jarni.7402

Just a Q to start off this thread with: High Tier [HT], why exactly did you guys move servers to FoW? The WvW there is quite crappy apart from your Guild.
You managed to kill my zerg once or twice while I was commanding FoW Borderlands at reset, which was nice. You flatly kitten d us at Longview while we were catapulting…good job

To the others: I’m looking forward to this matchup! Let’s make the best of it!

Servers: Desolation (1) / Piken Square (2)
Main characters: Jarni The Catmander (1) / Jarni Goes Wild (2)
Gank Me Harder [FURY]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ivano.2604

Ivano.2604

You cannot define “crappy” WvW on the base of mere numbers, or the global score, WvW quality (and fun) game comes from somewhere else, and since your statement and the energy behind it, i am half sure you did never knew it…
Apart from this, if i would be as you are, so enlightened to define a server after just few hrs of “fake zergling fights”, i would feel like to say that Underworld WvW is not crappy, is simply low quality zerg commanded by shortsight commanders.

But ofc I am not like you, and i won’t :p

To the others: no comment

Elite PvP Raiders [PvP] – Fissure of Woe
Kaosberg De Lay
Deflora Pulzelle

in Match-ups

Jarni.7402

As a matter of fact I said that based on your WvW ranking and scores of…..forever. I’ve kept an eye on the evolution of all EU servers for the past months, ever since I started commanding (which was around 9-10 months ago I think, not sure) and your server has never really gotten any higher than bottom tier :P
As far as I can remember, I know you guys could only win against Vabbi (when HT was still in Gunnar’s Hold).

And we do have skilled WvW’ers left in Underworld, as well as some skilled Commanders. Though yes, overall, WvW on Underworld nowadays is simply crappy, and I am willing to admit it.
We have lots of people who don’t even know how to stack and buff up, and generally lack numbers as well. We used to be good – we once went all the way up to 5th or even 4th place – but just before season 1 started, most of our WvW Guilds left our server.

So basically, my Guild is one of the only Guild in UW still throwing Guild Buffs on forts and sieging/upgrading them.
Still, we continue the fight, and are genuinely happy to be able to defeat a server -no offence- after all those weeks of getting our kitten kicked on both sides :P

Also, to whoever was defending FoW Garrison at reset (before it went green for the first time), great job. I never managed to take your Garri because of tons of ACs everywhere, and FoW people who kept respawning to defend, though I came very close a few times when I was poking. Then, after it turned Green, I stopped taking and retaking Hills and the eastern towers for a bit and finally managed to take Garrison. FoW was a bit faster with breaching outer gate (you got there earlier), but you immediately retreated when you saw us coming, which is a shame. The numbers seemed equal to each other, so it would have been a good fight. But mehh you made a bad decision and lost both Garri and Bay (Arborstone was attacking it and you gave it up for Garri, where you fled from us), while Hills was still ours as well. I don’t know if that’s the usual way you do things, but try not to run away too often when the numbers are equal – we want some good fights this week!

Gank Me Harder [FURY]

(edited by Jarni.7402)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ivano.2604

Ivano.2604

As far as I can remember, I know you guys could only win against Vabbi (when HT was still in Gunnar’s Hold).

Very wrong, very bad memory or very bad intentions in manipulating the truth to comply your argument..

We used to be good – we once went all the way up to 5th or even 4th place – but just before season 1 started, most of our WvW Guilds left our server.

Did you know that FoW has been first in EU for few weeks after launch? (Eventually that FoW is not this FoW); your argument about the “once upon a time there was Underworld” does not stand, and it is for real irrelevant.

So basically, my Guild is one of the only Guild in UW still throwing Guild Buffs on forts and sieging/upgrading them.
Still, we continue the fight, and are genuinely happy to be able to defeat a server -no offence- after all those weeks of getting our kitten kicked on both sides :P

This is good for you, and I sincerely appreciate your attachment to your server, I’d never call you “crappy” WvW just because many of your fellows zerger left you behind in order to join karma train somewhere else…

I don’t know if that’s the usual way you do things, but try not to run away too often when the numbers are equal – we want some good fights this week!

Once again, you seem to addresse your argument to one of us who should be representing all Server, and even worst you are placing your statement where they do not belong..
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPTbxXnZfFZoA-9CoBe_oNA?feature=watch

It’s all fun, peace

Elite PvP Raiders [PvP] – Fissure of Woe
Kaosberg De Lay
Deflora Pulzelle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kesoria.5601

Kesoria.5601

I would just like to say that I’ve had blast yesterday night! Was commanding for pretty much 8 hours straight in Eternal Battlegrounds and we’ve had some pretty awesome fights in there. Also we’ve finally managed to get a pretty decent zerg! (que in EB at 1am lolwut).

Let’s keep it up this week

The Order Of Time [TIME]
Far Shiverpeaks
https://www.youtube.com/user/leilanightfire

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sorcha.4976

Sorcha.4976

Hi everyone ! Thanks for making this match-up fun !
But I have a request from the defenders of Arborstone Borderland : please ! please ! come in ! you are all welcome in here to fight !
We got used to RoF blobbing our Garrison around midnight. Now we still have our 3 TP in forts. They all survived the night ! I guess they might survive another day without even a threat. Some scouts in keeps and towers are sleeping in the lord’s lap ! Only fun were the [WvW] roaming squad lurking in the south of the map. Thanks for coming.
Meanwhile in EB, you can’t make a step without bumping into someone, ennemy or ally. Cheers to the Underworlders for their defense of MS. You wanted to keep this castle, did you ? XD

Please bring the fun to the Borderlands !

Arborstone – [CCCP] Warrior Kelkahir

in Match-ups

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Just a Q to start off this thread with: High Tier [HT], why exactly did you guys move servers to FoW? The WvW there is quite crappy apart from your Guild.

Wow, way to start the matchup by offending everyone.

I can tell you that the WvW community in FoW has dedicated guilds and players. We may not have the numbers of some of the other servers, but we do great and hold our own usually.

Also, yes, [HT] is a great guild, but certainly not our only one.

Regardless, I missed the reset due to having to go to a birthday dinner but I am greatly looking forward to this new matchup (can’t remember if we’ve ever been paired against underworld?) and I am very eager to fight against you all, and I’ll assume the majority of the players on underworld aren’t as offensive

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in Match-ups

Jarni.7402

Did you know that FoW has been first in EU for few weeks after launch? (Eventually that FoW is not this FoW); your argument about the “once upon a time there was Underworld” does not stand, and it is for real irrelevant.

This is good for you, and I sincerely appreciate your attachment to your server, I’d never call you “crappy” WvW just because many of your fellows zerger left you behind in order to join karma train somewhere else…

Firstly, like I said, I didn’t watch the WvW scores the first few weeks after launch. That was back in my old PvE leveling days where I barely did any WvW. But it doesn’t even matter, all WvW has changed since then. At launch, people generally used no skill and tactics at all to defeat other servers in WvW. These tactics only developed over time.

Secondly, we are in fact crappy at WvW, apart from a few dedicated WvW players and Guilds (like mine). But overall, Underworld WvW is genuinely crappy…but mehh we manage to have fun anyway, and that’s what it’s all about

To Sorcha: All right! I will make sure to put up a few assaults on Arborstone Borderlands this week! You’d better prepare!

To psizone: I’m sorry for offending you, I didn’t mean to. I sure know there are other dedicated WvW’ers as well – every server has them – but overall, all servers around our rankings are crappy, mine included. Like I stated before though, as long as we can have fun, that’s just fine

Gank Me Harder [FURY]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arathor.7419

Arathor.7419

You managed to kill my zerg once or twice while I was commanding FoW Borderlands at reset, which was nice. You flatly kitten d us at Longview while we were catapulting…good job

ah yes.. , we have been in fow for quite sometime now , i think were planning to stay a while longer:) , what happened to uw btw , i remembered we had great fights in the silver tier

A wolf among sheep

in Match-ups

Jarni.7402

ah yes.. , we have been in fow for quite sometime now , i think were planning to stay a while longer:) , what happened to uw btw , i remembered we had great fights in the silver tier

Ah I see, well I’m happy to see you guys again!
Last time I saw you was when you were still in Gunnar’s Hold

And well…even in Silver Tier we had lost 90% of our WvW strength, so you hadn’t even seen us at our usual strength, and that has gotten even worse.
Most of the WvW Guilds left our server just before WvW Season 1. My Guild stayed, but WvW has only gone downhill from then on. More WvW Guilds left our server, and atm we’re left with just a few dedicated WvW Guilds – like my own – and some dedicated players from other Guilds. As for the rest, it’s al randoms who don’t even know the very basics like stacking and buffing…
But mehh. Whatever is left of our server will try the best we can to put up some decent fights with you guys. Let’s have a great matchup!

Gank Me Harder [FURY]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

Underworld just doesnt have coverage, we are stuck on very high and have been for the last year so we havent had any transfers really.

anet broke uws population and is really slow to fix it :P

WvW is fine for me and my guild due to our size, but the others struggle to get an organised zerg going which is a reason so many left.

We will see :P im sure i can come and cap more of your stuff like i did on eb last night.

in Match-ups

Kesoria.5601

Underworld just doesnt have coverage, we are stuck on very high and have been for the last year so we havent had any transfers really.

anet broke uws population and is really slow to fix it :P

WvW is fine for me and my guild due to our size, but the others struggle to get an organised zerg going which is a reason so many left.

We will see :P im sure i can come and cap more of your stuff like i did on eb last night.

I didn’t see you in EB last night :o I was commanding for like 8,5 hours straight in EB lol xD. Also my guild [Blöd] isn’t really struggling either, most of our members are active WvW players ^^

The Order Of Time [TIME]
Far Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Phoenix.3416

I couldnt sleep to took a few guys and flipped reds area of eb at about 2am? I think it was

in Match-ups

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

Excuse Jarni, I did not intent to reply to him but I will now.

Sweet Jarni, please stop saying about how awesome your guild is, and please get down from your imaginary throne of Underworld.

In 3 out of your 4 posts you are trying to show us that your guild is one of the very few left on UW.
You are telling us how you commanded last night but you only command like twice a month and you spam it like the event of the year.

Please follow my advice and stop trying to organize UW, stop commanding and trying to take all the credit as the “Guild Leader of [WAR]” while 99.9% of what your guild does(not much) is because of your officers.
The 4 last guilds that left UW few weeks back and went to RoS, remember that you take big responsibility for this.

Sorry for the outrage, but this guy drives me(possibly me only?) nuts sometimes.

Great match up so far, at last things look balanced !

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

in Match-ups

Jarni.7402

Ahhh, dear Natsos.

Excuse me for taking time to study for the upcoming exams and to socialize with a few girls who want me – yes, my dear, there does exist something as “real life”, and at least I have one.
Also, my Guild only has a total of 5 Admin Team members now, including me. We’re struggling to find people who match my standards to get promoted to Officer.

Also, you sound like Underworld consists out of many WvW Guilds who are all alive and kicking. The only Guilds left on Underworld I have ever seen in organized WvW, with more than 5 men, were WAR, SPGR, Mayh, ET and Blöd. As far as I know, GuM left our server. So please, dear Natsos, tell me. Are you really stating Underworld is doing so well?

And I have no clue why you even insinuate a “throne”. Only thing I’m leading is my Guild. And others as well when I’m commanding, but that’s all. Please do explain what you meant there.

Gank Me Harder [FURY]

in Match-ups

Arathor.7419

Ahhh, dear Natsos.

Excuse me for taking time to study for the upcoming exams and to socialize with a few girls who want me – yes, my dear, there does exist something as “real life”, and at least I have one.
Also, my Guild only has a total of 5 Admin Team members now, including me. We’re struggling to find people who match my standards to get promoted to Officer.

Also, you sound like Underworld consists out of many WvW Guilds who are all alive and kicking. The only Guilds left on Underworld I have ever seen in organized WvW, with more than 5 men, were WAR, SPGR, Mayh, ET and Blöd. As far as I know, GuM left our server. So please, dear Natsos, tell me. Are you really stating Underworld is doing so well?

And I have no clue why you even insinuate a “throne”. Only thing I’m leading is my Guild. And others as well when I’m commanding, but that’s all. Please do explain what you meant there.

where did those dudes from GuM go lawl

A wolf among sheep

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dzent.2750

Dzent.2750

Ahhh, dear Natsos.

Lol this is the funnest post i have read in ages, i think i will have to bookmark this thread and show the rest of GuM. Also you forgot to put the " " around girls.
Arathor GuM moved to AG, we left UW as we got tired of being spawn camped and reading everyone else crying in /team chat.
Good to see [HT] on FoW i went there towards the end of season 1, got some really good guilds there and a great WvW community, maybe one day UW might had that aswell, just maybe.
Good luck with the matchup,
Peace out

Dee, charr mesmer at heart
Member of [GuM]
Aurora Glade

(edited by Dzent.2750)

in Match-ups

Jarni.7402

Lol the girls thing is actually true, but I’m not expecting you to believe it, even though I have proof :P
Mehh doesn’t matter anyway, that’s private

Good luck in Aurora Glade though!

Gank Me Harder [FURY]

in Match-ups

Sorcha.4976

Hi again ! I speak for the Arborstone side. I speak all by myself, not asking others, but I think that the feeling may be shared by some of my team-mates.
Underworlders, wake up ! Stop fighting each others ! Your home is a mess I have never seen before ! Anywhere ! I mean, in AS we fought versus RoF, Dzag, Surmia, servers way bigger than us, but I can’t remember a time where the ennemies had the 3 TP in OUR forts ! At 11am ! On Saturday ! Just look at your home !
(sorry for overusing the exclamation mark)
So bring your people out of EB, repaint your homeland, and give us somethink to take from you again. And come and say “Hi” in our forts with golems while you’re at it. Instead of stacking them up the roof of Valley.

FoW ! Congrat to you ! You’re doing well ! You totally deserve your second rank.

Come on ! Nice fight ahead !

(edited by Sorcha.4976)

in Match-ups

Posted by: KillEveryoneElse.3940

KillEveryoneElse.3940

a lot of UW only joins wvw if its wxp farming :p

thanks for all the loot bags and golems trying to take our keep just tho

in Match-ups

Arathor.7419

jesus arbor.. 100 man blob in eb with BS hiding in the zerg… where is the skill???

what day is it today blob sunday??

A wolf among sheep

(edited by Arathor.7419)

in Match-ups

Sorcha.4976

jesus arbor.. 100 man blob in eb with BS hiding in the zerg… where is the skill???

what day is it today blob sunday??

EB is blob heaven. But the Borderlands are empty, except for the FoW one, so every PU goes to find fights on EB. That’s what is sad about this match-up. I hope the fight will be more scattered on the maps during the week.
… I have to admit that we are dramatically outnumbering you, UndW and FoW. I don’t take much pleasure into this kind of match-up. I want frustration and desesperate fights, not rolling over in blob.
I hope you guys will keep the heart to defend your things and destroy us some times.

in Match-ups

Kesoria.5601

Shoutout to Arbor Stone, run away from each and every fight (unless they pulled their massive blob from all other maps). Hide into towers each and every time we see them, and building kittening superior ac’s IN EACH fight we’re in. GG much skill such wowe.

The Order Of Time [TIME]
Far Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Sorcha.4976

[…] and building kittening superior ac’s IN EACH fight we’re in. GG much skill such wowe.

Actually, building siege weapons is skill in WvW. You don’t want them, go in sPvP. And inter-maps communication is also part of the skill. I call it server-scale strategy. :p
… Ask for GvG, in think some may be glad to come and fight you. The EB blob is way too big and may benefit of a few guilds running all by themselves.

(edited by Sorcha.4976)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Shoutout to Arbor Stone, run away from each and every fight (unless they pulled their massive blob from all other maps). Hide into towers each and every time we see them, and building kittening superior ac’s IN EACH fight we’re in. GG much skill such wowe.

Not sure if serious…..

Every server tries its own zerg and blob tactics.. even Underworld in the rare few hours we have enough numbers so not sure why your trying to call out Arbor for it.

As for sieges.. well if only UW did more of it in an attempt to defend what we have, at least to slow them down and up our own tick rate that little bit – not that PPT is in anyway useful anymore.
As a commander its sound tactic to consider field chokes and draw outs a lot of the time, shame though we have forgotten the old tactics so quickly that helped to make UW a decent WvW server – all we have left is empty maps and a lacklustre attempt at zergwars even though we all know our numbers wont hold out that long outside prime or even during it..

Season 1 highlight how well other servers communicate even in PUG’s and they showed us that sending out small roaming groups to continually flip camps and starve supplies can have a long lasting effect on our ability to upgrade/siege/repair and defend anything. We are continually being out manoeuvred as we try to react, but instead of learning from othr servers we simply call it unfair use of sieges or accuse others of out zerging us – bottom line is tactically we don’t have what it takes anymore and we don’t have numbers or coverage to compete at zergwars.
Players that do tag up and try something outside of zerg grouping are crucified and lambasted in map chat leading them to log and not bother anyway.. cos unless their is a Karma choo choo running players prefer not to bother trying something different.

in Match-ups

Phoenix.3416

We don’t have coverage, end of discussion, stop complaining about something we cannot control.

Most of the active guilds i know play together, run events and focus on fun over PPT. last night we flipped all of reds border, them retook home from green, 4 hours of mainly 3 guilds cooperating filled the maps and retook everything back.

At the same time, we flipped greens WP on SM, and coordinated attacks on several maps at once retaking our land before red and green could react. I would argue that skill wise we are equal to the other servers, we just have different pop levels at different times.

We are having fun doing it, we might not be winning but kitten we are having fun since we know we cant hold our maps 24/7 we focus on holding EB and branching out when we have extra players

The moment players stop caring about PPT and focus on having fun is the moment that politics, drama and flame wars end on underworld and everyone actually has fun.

I actually got gold thrown at me by pugs yesterday for making wvw fun for them again, I suggest you all try the same focus, Fun not points

in Match-ups

Bloodstealer.5978

Interesting post RF.. though the only one I have seen complaining across the discussion/matchup forums about server balance, numbers etc is …. well youactually

We all know the situation, we all know we are easy prey 90% of the time but for me I have never indulged in the zergwars way of life as I run with small guild / group or solo roaming for fun fights.. see the thing is fun is open to everyone’s interpretation – some like hiding in a pack of 40+, others prefer small to solo and yeah some like to look at PPT for their challenges, I only used PPT as a way to get a point across in answer to players complaining about other servers usage of siege etc.
Personally I have never cared for PPT as I believe its was one of the main reasons that karma trains and zergwars began to appear in WvW in the first place… ala pre reset Friday choo choo’s.
As for skill levels.. I never said we lacked skills just we lack players willing to step outside of the zergtrain comfort zone.. look at how well other servers run their maps.. its not just zone in hit garrison then map flip, they work us down bit by bit, but yes for a few hours a week when we do actually have numbers we can do much better but mainly focusing all on a single target en mass .. rendering Kesoria’s notion that other servers are at fault cos of the same tactic pretty much mute

in Match-ups

natsos.3692

I don’t want to offend the enemy servers, but the skill level on UW looks much higher for me.

7 weeks in the silver league with getting our butt kicked, teached us a lot.

I haven’t lost a 1v1 or 1v2 fight since we stopped playing with ROS & FR. At least when it comes to roaming, looks like you guys could use some time in the higher tiers, it is totally diffrent up there. And when it comes to zerging, equal numbers of UW vs any of 20- server looks like the chances are for UW to win.

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

Arborstone [LEG] guild need to kick their hacking thief member, no cooldowns, kept spamming his elite and shadow refuge but we eventually got the noob through burst tactics xD get a life man

Attachments:

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Match-ups

Posted by: NGE.1362

NGE.1362

day 30 – sneaky entrance at AR Bay:
2 hours just to get bay.. but with success …
at the last part i did have a idea,let them fight at the other gate, we get down the other gate , video without to much action, without Portal bombs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB5UIPOwROA

Gandara – Commander
[Lusa]Dluis Pt

(edited by NGE.1362)

in Match-ups

Bloodstealer.5978

I don’t want to offend the enemy servers, but the skill level on UW looks much higher for me.

I haven’t lost a 1v1 or 1v2 fight since we stopped playing with ROS & FR. At least when it comes to roaming, looks like you guys could use some time in the higher tiers, it is totally diffrent up there. And when it comes to zerging, equal numbers of UW vs any of 20- server looks like the chances are for UW to win.

I’ve not spent much time at all in WvW these past weeks since S1 completed but with the kids busy on their XBox1 and PS4’s I decided to spend a day inside the matchup and to be honest I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was.
Cant remember the last time UW had decent, able and willing commanders pulling a rag tag band of fugitves together and make inroads across maps.. yes all our own BL and 3/4 of EB was a wash of blue with FoW and AR maps also seing patches of the blue stuff as well. We even managed to grab ourselves a WP and hold it for half a day….. until that coverage began to dwindle once more.

Needless to say we had a good day, good commanding, some decent fights with some old school style tactics in the filed which made a pleasant change to the zerg up and faceplant against doors.. well done all, I agree with Nat UW skills are picking up once more I think, perhaps this drop down the tiers will be a blessing as new guilds and comms take the reins and roll the server onwards again.

However Nat, as for your our opponents I disagree a wee bit… I had a good dozen really decent fights 1v1 yesterday against FoW especially, but both Arb and FoW have significantly less overwhelming numbers to that which we faced all through S1 and they both should be commended for playing this matchup well. Arb engage tactically and use the tools given to them, though that said the only golems I saw for once were our own, which made for a much more entertaining field day for all. FoW are a good matchup for us for sure, decent action when they to have numbers and coverage, which is the main reason I think UW has been able to up the anty a bit this week.

Like RF said in his post.. as long as we are enjoying the matchup then that’s about all we can ask for right now and all 3 servers need a hand clap for making it so.

BTW all – -HAPPY NEW YARRR’S

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vasimir.6089

Vasimir.6089

Really…
I don’t know what fights you’ve been in… but any equal fights we have had with UW, you guys end up getting steam rolled. Sometimes you guys will just flat out run even with equal numbers. Most of the time your group/zerg kittens itself and falls to pieces when ours makes it’s first charge. There was a battle in SM yesterday where both us and you were trying to take it from arbor. I’m pretty sure you had slightly more numbers than us, but it was practically equal. We charged in and most of your guys backed off with some jumping over the wall out of SM! Made it easy to take you down.

As for low numbers roaming, most of the time when I’ve come across one of you on your own you run. When you don’t, most of you die pretty quickly. I’m sure there are plenty capable of kicking my butt on your server however it’s not the majority.
Earlier when I had a 1vs1 with another warrior he got 2 of his guildies to jump in and help him once he realised he was losing.

You say we need some time in the higher tiers… I say you need some in the lower tiers. It strikes me that you’re used to running around in 1 big blob and don’t really know what to do in smaller groups. Arbor have been kicking your butt too in equal fights.

Sure once you get a big group going you are fine…but like others have pointed out, you can’t keep that up for long.

This isn’t an attack on you, perhaps we have both been in completely different fights! Just giving my perspective of your so called “skill level”.

in Match-ups

natsos.3692

Really…
I don’t know what fights you’ve been in… but any equal fights we have had with UW, you guys end up getting steam rolled. Sometimes you guys will just flat out run even with equal numbers. Most of the time your group/zerg kittens itself and falls to pieces when ours makes it’s first charge. There was a battle in SM yesterday where both us and you were trying to take it from arbor. I’m pretty sure you had slightly more numbers than us, but it was practically equal. We charged in and most of your guys backed off with some jumping over the wall out of SM! Made it easy to take you down.

As for low numbers roaming, most of the time when I’ve come across one of you on your own you run. When you don’t, most of you die pretty quickly. I’m sure there are plenty capable of kicking my butt on your server however it’s not the majority.
Earlier when I had a 1vs1 with another warrior he got 2 of his guildies to jump in and help him once he realised he was losing.

You say we need some time in the higher tiers… I say you need some in the lower tiers. It strikes me that you’re used to running around in 1 big blob and don’t really know what to do in smaller groups. Arbor have been kicking your butt too in equal fights.

Sure once you get a big group going you are fine…but like others have pointed out, you can’t keep that up for long.

This isn’t an attack on you, perhaps we have both been in completely different fights! Just giving my perspective of your so called “skill level”.

I just said that from my own perspective too, I’ve had some pretty good duels so far this week, most of them were with annoying perma stealth thieves or mesmers tho.

I have to admit I did not play that much this week even if it is the best match up the last few months, but friday night and monday(?) looked like we steamrolled all the fights in EB. They called me to patricipate in the “loot fest” on friday ‘cause our zerg didn’t wipe more than twice in a 4 hours course.

We don’t have many skilled commanders on UW because most of them have left, so quite a few from the new ones are afraid to push when the right time comes, that might explain the wall jumping.

I totaly agree that we need to spend some time in the lower tiers,not that we haven’t been there before but it is a long time and we have probably forgotten how it is(god I hope we fight Vabbi once) .

Pretty balanced match up overall, want it again next week that our guild’s holiday break finishes

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

in Match-ups

Bloodstealer.5978

@Vasmir… New Year and new beginnings an all… Natsos likely wasn’t meaning anything by it and most likely not at FoW specifically, at least I hope not so lets call it evens

To be honest UW has been pretty much depleted and faceplanted for months so this matchup I think has brought some renewed passion due to the not so wider difference in numbers. Arb are the larger numbered server for sure but actually this week I have seen many of their pushes against UW groups splinter and fall apart just like we have as you rightly pointed out.. I was in that SM fight and I am not ashamed to say my backside was either gunna be stomped by FoW or flattened from the fall from the walls.. I chose to chance the fall

Not being around the WvW scene or the game for that matter all that much since S1 finished I have to say this matchup has certainly been fun… I like to roam / small grp as I dislike the zerg mentality but in UW’s defence any kind of victory in the field at the moment is big moral boost for us.. tonight was a prime example of that though I think both FoW and Arb were elsewhere much of the time but like other servers do to us, we took advantage of it and gave it all we could and the result was inspiring for us

But I agree with you.. UW needs time in lower tier to learn to win again, rebuild on the back of winning and give our new comms, new guilds and new players a chance to bed in and support the more established and experienced players.. of what I have seen this week we have the potential to do that for sure.

Out of the 3 servers I think tactically FoW are superior but like UW you lack numbers at times, whereas Arb seem to be able to muster numbers on all maps – but one guild that has stood out for me this week is “VVV” (think that was the name, from FoW.. .. a good organised group of players and 1v1 they certainly bled me a few times

So we all have decent players, decent skills and hopefully having fun

EDIT.. btw UW and blob don’t really go together .. although tonight our 30-40 man push across EB (SM was good fun again and so was Arb/FoW keep fights) seemed to have the bit between its teeth and we were determined not to give up.. big mention to Ruddy and Leila for some excellent commanding/coordination… not often we control a whole EB anymore

Attachments:

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

in Match-ups

Sorcha.4976

@Vasmir… New Year and new beginnings an all…
To be honest UW has been pretty much depleted and faceplanted for months so this matchup I think has brought some renewed passion due to the not so wider difference in numbers.

Happy New Year to you fellow ennemies ! I was just as glad as you to see the renewal of UW after such a dull week-end ! Your attacks on Bay drove some of our commanders mad ! XD

but one guild that has stood out for me this week is “VVV” (think that was the name, from FoW.. .. a good organised group of players and 1v1 they certainly bled me a few times

We do have a guild called VVV Family [VVV], in Arborstone. They are our proud defenders of EB tier, and IMO one of the most organized and dedicated guild. Maybe it’s them that you passed by ?

/bow You made this week fun for all !

in Match-ups

Bloodstealer.5978

Ahhh then I guess it was them.. and a decent crew they are.. transfers to UW are always welcomed with cheese & Biscuits ooh and cookies….. unfortunately due to the stresses of Season 1 our beer supplies have diminished even quicker than our Keep supplies so will take a whiles for stocks to replenish again.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vasimir.6089

Vasimir.6089

I perhaps got a tad too over defensive there! Happy new year to you both (and everyone else).
I’d like to say I have been enjoying this matchup too, there have been some very fun fights. Especially one where we were defending our keep in eb’s lord room from UW after they came in behind arbor and wiped them whilst they were taking down the gate
I think you guys actually had to abandon the attempt after a long battle with us due to arbor seeking revenge by attacking your keep It was good fun

I’ll put down my over defensive nature to my frustration at you guys capping literally everything last night xD

in Match-ups

Posted by: NGE.1362

NGE.1362

fight from yesterday at Arborstone BL – Hills
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfXbGDwpkitten&feature=youtu.be

Regards from Underworld

Shadow_Play from nvidia is cuting my voice i dont know why..

Gandara – Commander
[Lusa]Dluis Pt

in Match-ups

Sorcha.4976

fight from yesterday at Arborstone BL – Hills
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfXbGDwpkitten&feature=youtu.be

XD Such a great fight, for you at least. I was the Warrior you aimed at at 04:26. Eventually went to suicide rush on your golem with my Necro guild chief. We got bored at standing on the wall doing nothing. We were lacking a commander at that time ^^’. Got a few of you in the corridor at the end.
Great fun it was ! Thx

(edited by Sorcha.4976)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sigmar.2185

Sigmar.2185

Congratulations Fissure of Woe fellow mates for the balanced week against 2 servers that have more numbers than us. After all, we’ve done a good WvW game, considering the recently departure of [Jd] Jam death to Ruins of Surmia, those were our big guild who always there since every reset shouting for better results. However, the remaining Guilds and FoW fighters still doing the good fight «semper fidelis», always respecting our opponents. GJ

Merci Arborstone opponents, I observe from the past that you still playing fair by dividing your efforts in WvW either go red or blue borderland and not focus only in the underdog server and getting more easy ppt, perhaps searching for fun and balanced fights, perhaps it is your nature. Regarding this matchup, it seems Arbor, you have pretty growing numbers, an average server who will raise your server rating enough to climb fast the servers ladder, keep it organized and simple and you will get success and fun for endless times. Au revoir, à bientot.

Underworld opponents, this is 1st time I saw your server in WvW. Reasonable numbers, good fights everywhere and some strategy in your zergs movements. Perhaps more coverage will lead you climb the servers ranks once again. About your roaming people or groups, some of them are pretty good and skilled (groups), show organization and discipline, but regarding with solo players I’ve meet in my travels … well more than half are brave hearts enough to attack and not to run, but in the end kind of easy to defeat, sorry to tell but maybe in the hours I usually solo roaming (after Anet dailies started), UW profile doing the dailies are just traited to … doing the dailies. Good luck, hope to meet you very soon as UW is now close to FoW in the server ranks.

[ALPH] – Gandara

in Match-ups

Bloodstealer.5978

@Sigmar… Agree its been fun for a change and all servers have brought something to the party most days.
As for your estimation of our solo runners.. heck we all have new players, players running in PvE traited builds and geared for another kinda game, but out of probably 15+ solo fights this matchup the only players I have been smacked by (and smacked hard I admit) are by a few VVV players from Arbor…. that’s not to say FoW roamers were weaksauce or bad players just some you win some you loose, though FoW solo roamers have been harder to find, maybe as you seem to lack numbers and coverage like us.
But hey you obviously felt the need to play the " I is da man" card here.. a few wins 1v1 with players who may or may not be all be great yet is hardly something to use as a server critique.