Aurora Glade - Drakkar Lake - Riverside

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reztek.7805

Reztek.7805

Weeeee, there’s a lot of whining from our sweetest “warrior” server. Even people from your own server are ashamed, awesome.

Keep up those educated theories, might send them to the Sun too.

Ranger/Mesmer/Thief/Warrior/Elementalist/Guardian/Engineer/Necromancer/Revenant

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wamgor.9347

Wamgor.9347

Abaddon’s and Riverside just remind of a cooking show can’t cook won’t cook… but instead of cooking its fighting Respectively…

I use to have the utmost respect for Riverside, and even voted for them for best server in the awards back in 2012 while we were still on piken… Because of your never say die fighting spirit and aggression that you use to poses (Kodash was slightly more organised and riverside had more spirit) after fighting 24 of the 27 servers a lot during prime and late night I was in almost unique postion to judge. Riverside was a beast.

But this was last year… other servers played catched up and evolved, it feels like riverside took one step forward two steps backwards. Riverside could of easily been a german Piken server. I use to be on my guard on the battlefield against Riverside coming at you from any angle with any number… but these days Riverside don’t have that aggressive presence anymore which is a shame. I only seen that beast rise from its slumber very infrequently, like when Baruch had some fly hackers in EB against you.

Raid Leader/Officer
The Unlikely Plan (TUP)
Ex Piken Square (EU)

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

I’d say the biggest problem with this match-up is that it’s just freakin’ boring, regardless of what causes it.

I advice people to take a look at their playing styles and think twice about whether they are being an absolute bore to fight against, and try changing it up. You don’t want to be a bore.

Fact is when players fight it out constantly, they gain more loot and don’t spend as much gold on siege blueprints and upgrades, so it’s just more productive gaming all around. They earn and don’t spend. The game developers would surely like you to spend your gold instead of earning it, but you don’t need to play it like that.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

(edited by TheGreatA.4192)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Teppic Indica.3487

Teppic Indica.3487

What Epic battles we’ve had this weekend, 2-3 hour fights for a single camp or keep! This is the stuff that brings players back to WvW!

Clearly the points don’t matter anymore since you get a random matchup every week, the top places on the leader board will never change anyway since the random match up will always give the big WvW Servers an “easy” point making opportunity.

On a side note – large mismatches in size will in all likelihood put a damper on new WvW players entering, who get rolfstomped on their first week in game… we might just want to re-think some of the match-up criteria in that randomness (yes i know there’s some gearing in there to prevent Pos 1 matched to Pos 27 ) it also works the other way that a strong server surely wants to test it’s mettle and not be the school yard bully???

PS: atm RS is down 2 positions even if they are stomping AG(my server) and we’re 2 positions up – go figure? who is playing the better game

(edited by Teppic Indica.3487)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pheppo.9286

Pheppo.9286

The rankings will be really messed up. Not clear what kind of strategy the game developers are following. “Stronger” servers are currently penalized for beeing “stronger”.

In this matchup RS must tick all day long with about ~450 points not lose 1 or 2 positions.
I really don’t care about the rankings … but i would like to understand the concept xD

Server: Riverside [DE]
Chars: The fluffy Flapsi (Ele), Fipsip (Mesmer), Flappo (Necro), Fenix (Engi)

in Match-ups

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

Video from this reset. Hope you like it guys. : )

You should know, that in germany, we can only see such a video by using a vpn/proxy. Otherwise, since you used illegal music, the video is blocked and it look like on the attached pic.
However, well played love to see a nec doing so much dmg with wells :-)

PS: atm RS is down 2 positions even if they are stomping AG(my server) and we’re 2 positions up – go figure? who is playing the better game

Your evolution is negative, you did not notice? RS goes down and you go up, because of the evolution of two other servers, nothing else is happening here :-P

Attachments:

it was written…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

I agree what TUP has said here, it feels like most of RS has never tried to play outside of keeps and towers. Rather sad ;[ We had RS last week. When they went outside they outnumbered us and still flash build 2 AC’s for every encounter, then 5 seconds later there are ~35 lootbags on the ground.

Oh well.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Ratings, Aurora is gaining 2 position because gandara and miller are losing rating from last week, Riverside is losing position because piken and augury rock are getting rating again from last week, AG is losing very few rating point, and riverside is winning some rating points.
From all of that, play for fun not for rating, rating right now is just population + coverage where the enemy server doesn’t have it

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

@cubed Its not illegal music, its just in Germany you are super strict on you copyright stuff. Surprised you can even access youtube in Germany. Yes I do take the kitten outta my german guildies for it. But there are ways around it.

Appreciate the kind words, he doesn’t even consider his necro his main “yet”

Cya on the battlefield.

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in Match-ups

Pheppo.9286

I agree what TUP has said here, it feels like most of RS has never tried to play outside of keeps and towers. Rather sad ;[ We had RS last week. When they went outside they outnumbered us and still flash build 2 AC’s for every encounter, then 5 seconds later there are ~35 lootbags on the ground.

Oh well.

Story teller is telling stories ^^

in Match-ups

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

I really don’t care about the rankings … but i would like to understand the concept xD

Oh, that’s not too difficult: The given point rating is not some kind of “earned” points through winning games (such as, say, points in a soccer league). The are rather a numerical estimate of the “true” server strength in WvW.

When servers of equal rating would be matched up against each other, then the system assumes every server to be equally likely to win the match-up. So the rating evolution would match the usual gut feeling of “winner goes up, looser goes down”.

However, if the ratings of the match-up is fairly unbalanced, this means that the rating predicts a decisive victory of one server over another. If this decisive victory happens, the ratings would stay kind of the same. However, if the supposedly dominant server just wins by a slight margin, then this means that either the rating of the winning server was estimated too high, or the rating of the loosing server was estimated too low. This is corrected by the rating system by reducing the the winning servers rating, and boosting the loosing servers rating to some extent, as should be the logical action in that case.

So, stronger servers are not penalized in any way. They just have to keep proving that they are in fact as strong as the rating expects them to be. By repeating the rating system over and over again, it is assumed that ratings converge to the true skill estimate of the server.

While this shows the right spirit and your observation about the ranking is factually true, you should also have a look at the server rating evolution. This shows that currently, RS is performing “better than expected” while AG is performing “kind of as expected”. The change in ranking positions is the result of the parallel games.

However, keep up the good fighting. The ranking evolution is known to tend towards extreme values at first and moves closer towards +/-0 during the course of the week. We will see changes happen, and it might in fact be AG who will end up “winning in the first derivative”.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

(edited by MRA.4758)

in Match-ups

cubed.2853

@Dranul
Well I know, but not everyone has a VPN like me and the free YouTube proxys have a very bad quality afaik. So you lose a lot of potential viewers and thats very sad, because you guys obvious put a lot of work into ;-)
I play necro as my main since first beta with currently nearly same spec, just more for random RS roaming and not for flanking a angry buffed cc steamroller, and he is definitely doing a very good job, at least in this vid’s scenes. ;-)
I wonder if your playstyle would also work out so well without the kill rally system…

it was written…

in Match-ups

Dranul.2094

@ Cubed, just check the last fight in his video, as to the kill/rally system. We are just 20 and lose 4-5 guys dead, not downed ontop of the stairs, and with just the 15 left we kill them all. We don’t rely on the kill/rally system at all. First and formost strive not to get downed in the first place :P It would actually benefit us more removing it, as we fight superior numbers who can make greater use of it.

Throughout the video you can see we leave dead and carry on still to good effect.

Aurora Glade EU

in Match-ups

cubed.2853

@Dranul I think rally is much more an advantage for a small heavy organized group fighting against a much bigger amount of mixed players. Especially if you dont have that much untrained/upscaled players. If someone of your group gets downed he nearly immediatly rally, since its constantly someone dying once you move ^^ Dont get me wrong, I dont have a problem with the system or the way you play at all, just analyzing ;-)

it was written…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kokolores.2643

Kokolores.2643

so u want us to fight outside the keeps when u attack it?

why should we ? mybe we die outside and u can easily break the gates while we are running to the keep. there, you would block the entrance and nobody could came in anymore?
If u dont have the manpower , the skill or whatelse you should think about attacking a keep!!!
?
and the video of wamgor shows that exactly.
you try to conquer a keep with your 20 men and then died because we “germans” care about what we have and defend with more than 20.
if you cant handle it then keep away from it instead of complaining about our playstyle.

this means not, that TUP is worse playing. as i said before i like your playstyle but you shouldnt complain about how we play. it is just your opinion how to play WvW.
we play it as we like it and yes i want to win a bracket cause im not playing for fame of my guild. i play for Riverside and the whole guilds stand together. if u dont have that on AG its not my bad. and yes i know you dont even want that

(edited by Kokolores.2643)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Karahol.9840

Karahol.9840

s
why should we ? mybe we die outside and u can easily break the gates while we are running to the keep. there, you would block the entrance and nobody could came in anymore???

And does this mean anything in this matchup which you have already won from day 1???
The same with trebbing towers from a T3 Stonemist Castle when you already are double the points ahead.
I know that if you go up and fight Baruch Bay, you will need to do stuff like that for holding your ground and your points, but in matchups where you are on the safe side points-wise, you should try to play a little more “recklessly”.

Aurora Glade’s [Emergency Heroes]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dark Lord Killer.9473

Dark Lord Killer.9473

Between all the negativity, I want to say that I had a quite enjoyable evening today. It was on AG border ofcourse (we get no rest there ). But we managed to capture Garrison after some very very long fights and hills short after (catching a RS group that was just about to cap it from DL). We even managed to get [dw] running after an amazing fight at one point even though we didn’t really outnumber them by alot! Keep on fighting everyone and a big shoutout to [dw] for coming out and fighting all the time!

Argwulf, Human Guardian
Member of [ASA]
My heart is in the Glade, my feet are in Gandara.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krato.4729

Krato.4729

I don’t post here often but to help explain many people’s feelings, I have shamelessly stolen a post from a Gandaran which illustrates things very nicely.

“Typical night in WvW for anyone vs AM/RS =

- Get 5-30 people online
– Run to first supply camp
– Meet 70 man blob, get wiped
– Respawn
– Run for tower/keep
– Find enemy group of 40-50
– Try to engage
– Enemy runs and hides in tower/keep
– Hang around for 10 mins running circles hoping they will come out to fight vs 15 people
– Get bored when they don’t
– Go for ninja op up north
– Steamroll over 1 person
– Check northern towers
– PvD tower
– Cap nearest supply
– PvD keep as 90 man blob is on other side of the map
– Meet 90 man blob with 2 × 25+ man guild groups hiding inside it
– Try to run around kiting to draw one of them out for a fight – fail
– Call for support
– 3 guilds blob together to wipe enemy blob with clever use of 1 spam while crying about lag and slide shows
– WP and split from other groups to avoid lag/slideshow/crashes
– Spend 2 hours running around looking for a fight which doesn’t involve 150+ people.
– Fail
– Get bored of “Hiking simulator 2013”, go to bed

Compared to a typical night against FSP/AG/Piken/MS (and BB <3 but they have some bigger community guilds) style servers =

- Get 5-30 people online
– Run to first supply camp
– Meet 30 man guild group
– Have awesome fight lasting 20 minutes rally 3 times, eventually win since it’s your spawn
– Run for tower/keep
– Find enemy pug group of 40-50, wipe them after a great fight
– Ninja gate down and find 3 groups of 15, 20 and 40 inside all spread out
– 3rd server comes in with 3 groups and theres now 8 different groups of all sizes battling.
– Engage in epic different battles for 1 hour all over different parts of the keep
– Die after many amazing fights
– Go for ninja op up north
– Find 8 man guild group – wave at them and run past while telling your small guild group of 7 who you just passed that there is a fight for them
– Check northern towers
– Meet 10 man brave guild group who throw themselves at you for a fight even though they are less numbers, wipe them and /salute their bravery
– Read map chat to see 3-4 of your other groups all having fun with fights all over the map both wiping and being wiped
– Meet 25 man group and engage in epic fight for 20 minutes, win
– Cap nearest supply
– Meet another 20 man group engage in epic combat for 20 minutes, wipe
– Respawn
– Run straight back to find that same group again because that was one epic fight and you want to try different tactics to challenge yourself.
– Find another one of our guilds fighting them and sit and watch the epic fight.
– Meet same 10 man brave enemy guild group who came to watch the fight also, wave, take tonics, have dance party while watching the fight.
– Get more beer, find more fights"

I won’t ever tell someone how to play the game, as each person finds amusement in different ways. However, I would urge you to at least try open field combat more often, as the fun you can get from the high-adrenaline instant-reaction type fights just can’t be recreated from behind a wall. And after all, that’s why we play these games right, for fun? Not scores, not ratings, not to show off, just something to do as a hobby.

Kratoon – TUP Officer/Warband Leader

(edited by Krato.4729)

in Match-ups

Posted by: AnnieGYG.6842

AnnieGYG.6842

TUP now owes me 0.0001 copper for use of my copyrighted Gandaran material without crediting me :P

Dranul is hereby ordered to wait outside my spawn for me next match up Gandara and AG meet and shamelessly allow me to kill him on my level 5 ele so I can collect this debt.

On a serious note, once you try open field combat and taste the adrenalin from fighting outmanned and wiping the enemy when you have less people due to epic teamwork – you will never want to sit in a tower building/refreshing siege again.

Property of Gandara EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Schtizzel.5497

Schtizzel.5497

Ok, next time when I’m running around in a zerg and not doing a guild raid, i will stream the whole session and then you can see how much we are really hiding behind our keeps, blobbing or doing something else “boring”….

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

I put it down to this:

Fun server you know which guild groups are on each server, what time they play and know you will have fun fights.
Some of these german servers, you dont know any of the guild on there at all, all you know is that they are the RS zerg or the AM zerg. MS and DL at least have the courage to push out and be in the open field.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sequoia Mint.4803

Sequoia Mint.4803

Don’t you know by now that when a server sees that they are going to matched up against RS they let out a collective Sigh and an overwhelming WTF. Read Krato’s post Heck Try Krato’s post .guarantee win or lose you’ll find it more enjoyable then what youve been doing. MURICA

The Big Bird
Chosen Alliance CA
Nameless Veterans NV

in Match-ups

Kokolores.2643

WTF dont you see RS guilds or zergs in open field???

are u kidding me??

you are so blind because of seeing everything so bad, that u miss the reality.
we fight so often in open field but also defend our keeps.

only because you often got less than a thrid of a map you can nothing do as attacking a keep. there u got killed and then u keep on writing about blobs and we wont come out of a keep. face the reality guys.
you cant set a war like u want it. try to handle it or keep calm.
you cant handle it atm and so you keep on whining all day long…..

be ashamed of yourselve…

poor crying aurora

in Match-ups

Kokolores.2643

So do something…something we germans can complain about.

rally your folks. its so boring fighting against your small groups of beginners.
bring us some fights we can take serious.
try to take hills on your bl..oh no you are ashamed of dying there.
we are prepared, are you?
i dont think so, otherwise u would bring us in serious danger… that wont happen… its aurora. just whining and complaining about our blobs.
not tough enough? do not have the manpower?
im so sorry for you.. NOT.
go to bracket 5 or 6 , there u will be happy.
and guess what?? in bracket 5 or 6 they will write the same about you what you are writng right now about us.
YOU ARE NOT PREPARED FOR US ;D

in Match-ups

Kokolores.2643

To Dark Lord killer

and did you use arrow cards. i wasnt there but i think u did use them.

nothing more to say.
you priviliged guilds on AG should really think about what WvW was meant to be.
doing your solo action and always want a place nearest to the sun.

fame fame fame for your guild…
but when a hard proof comes…its always blobbing or arrow cards…
YOU HAVE BEEN DESTROYED….

thank u good night

in Match-ups

Posted by: General Ragefist.3952

General Ragefist.3952

had an awesome morning. we pvD for 9 hours with the same set of omegas on eternal. Realy nice. 2 Brave Omegas despawend in the end. /Salut

also we had some nice fights trying to kill auroras borderland at 23:30 today. 10 People where not enough to kill bastion. But it was fun atleast :P

Edana Atreides, Elementalist
DTK | Die Technokraten – Guild Leader
Flußufer/ Riverside [DE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

try to take hills on your bl

Here´s a little breakdown of attempts at a tier 3 tower in hopes to get you out of your keep to fight us.

-Run north to a supply camp, fight pve.
-Go to a tower, throw down rams.
-There´s a spotter in the tower, and soon a steady stream of lemmings charge the portal in hopes of getting through. If it happens to be good day for them it´s a big pack of lemmings, none the less they charge through the portal. Once enough lemmings happen to get past you: Suddenly 5 superior arrowcarts to the face and the rams die
-Go back to a camp and fight pve
-Go to the tower again, set up catas nearby
-One of two will happen, defensive treb to the face or lemmings get enraged and charge the catapults. They don´t really care about the players using the catas, or ones killing them, as long as the catas die. Once they´re down lemmings retreat back to their hive.
-set up trebs, lemmings get enraged and swarm them, retreating immediately afterwards.

Do you notice how this far during the 30-60 minutes we´ve run between camp/tower, spammed 1 while using siege, fought pve and players who are more interested in fighting our blueprints than us?

You say we´re scared to die when attacking your hills. To that i can say YES, yes we are. We are terrified to die of boredom while doing it.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

(edited by Strang.8170)

in Match-ups

Kokolores.2643

i cant see anything wrong in it, killing at first the bp which attack our keep?
and why are you hiding there when you are more intersted in killing enemies instead of guarding bp
?
sure because u couldnt find us in open field u thought u would get your fight at the blueprints!!!
another disappointment for you!!!
i can only imagine how you are nerdraging in your vent or ts.
maybe you should switch to SPVP to proof yourself.
in wvw you are really bored as it seems.
maybe nect week against vabbi you will feel like a hero

in Match-ups

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

i cant see anything wrong in it, killing at first the bp which attack our keep?
and why are you hiding there when you are more intersted in killing enemies instead of guarding bp
?
sure because u couldnt find us in open field u thought u would get your fight at the blueprints!!!

Indeed that´s often the only action we can get out of you, as unlike you so loudly proclaimed you really don´t fight open field that often.
There wouldn´t be anyhting wrong with killing siege, but when you with your larger force come and suicide rush our siege and go back to your tower right after, it just leaves us amused and wondering if we even play the same game as you.

But anyway, it seems like we indeed play different games so i´ll leave you alone now, have fun sitting on your ac, because your enemies certainly won´t.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gredunza.5031

Gredunza.5031

Fantastic defensive play last night in AGBL. Like Argwulf, I also had a lot of fun
Aggresive defence of Titan and its dollys, despite numerous takeover attempts by both DL and RS on both sides, awesome fights at Garri’s watergate and Hills, and overall great fights at the towers.

Keep ’em coming!

Edit:
I forgot to give credit to [LLS] for that annoying godkitten treb in Sunny, and the guild whose name escaped me who kept trying to take Titan from us pugs
Also, kudos to DL who fought to the last man at Garri’s water gate. Showed spirit.

~Rayne Lee [ODDY], Aurora Glade EU

(edited by Gredunza.5031)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grayback.7148

Grayback.7148

Really had some fun last night on AGBL, kudos to the AG thief squire, told me a nice lesson. What I really don’t get with these boring discussions here is, all the complaining that RS won’t fight with equal numbers, but I can’t count the encounters when AG or DL ran from me or had to wait until they had me Xvs1…won’t mention names, but you can find them in this thread.
So, have fun everybody, complaining won’t get us anywhere.

greetings,
a RS roamer

in Match-ups

Posted by: pmb.6049

pmb.6049

I have shamelessly stolen a post from a Gandaran

TUP now owes me 0.0001 copper for use of my copyrighted Gandaran material without crediting me :P

Dranul is hereby ordered to wait outside my spawn for me next match up Gandara and AG meet and shamelessly allow me to kill him on my level 5 ele so I can collect this debt.

Krato stole the post, Dranul must pay for it. Severe life of guild leader

Mortimer Kraag
The Unlikely Plan

in Match-ups

Posted by: makku.2508

makku.2508

It’s getting annoying really. Regardless of how much you dislike Riverside’s style of play, at least we’re not flooding the forums with whiny posts all day long. If we meet a playstyle that’s giving us problems, we adapt or die trying. And that’s about it. No need to jump on the forums and cry everyone else a river. (pun intended)

Reminds me of this special kind of people that joined a round of BF:BC2 Rush as attackers and instead of actually participating in the battle for objectives just camped their kitten on some hill in their base going for Saving Private Ryan headshots with their sniper rifle, crying about baserape once the defenders stormed sniper hill and kicked their butts.

If you guys don’t like PvE content on your maps, don’t like objective-driven gameplay, don’t like siege weapons and stuff; I fear WvW just isn’t the gamemode you’re looking for. If sPvP also doesn’t fit your idea of PvP gameplay, then sorry to break it for you, but GW2 as a whole just isn’t the game you’re looking for.

There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.

in Match-ups

Dranul.2094

Anet if your reading this, stick Riverside, Elona Reach and Vizunah Square in Tier 1 and leave them there, they deserve each other and are pretty much the only servers who play for points rather than fun. Just a thought.

Aurora Glade EU

in Match-ups

Pheppo.9286

Yeah … and add some Kleenex to the game for some guild leaders … xD

in Match-ups

Posted by: dangerdoom.3862

dangerdoom.3862

.. and some diapers for fleeing Germans

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

I saw Riverside being forced into bunkering in their garrison last night when faced with our guild groups. No guild groups of yours showed up to solve the situation. You were merely forced into waiting that the enemies leave from boredom in order to take your stuff back.

Sure we capture points, when it’s possible, but it’s a coverage thing. We no longer have 24/7 coverage. Scores reflect nothing but the coverage of one server

It does not mean you are better players when you can golem rush at morning empty keeps and towers with nobody else playing. It does not mean you play more for the points than the other server. It means nothing.

When everybody has numbers online, it is Aurora Glade that often dominates the scores. That actually means something. Yesterday during primetime we were ticking 370 points…

I know we used to do the night train thing, but I don’t think we ever gloated about how great we “play for points” when we were able to hit empty structures. It would have been in bad taste for the few players that were forced to play during those times vs overwhelming numbers.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

(edited by TheGreatA.4192)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bimk.5634

Bimk.5634

Anet if your reading this, stick Riverside, Elona Reach and Vizunah Square in Tier 1 and leave them there, they deserve each other and are pretty much the only servers who play for points rather than fun. Just a thought.

Its easy:
You play for fun and your guild … we play for fun and our server Riverside!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

So, this thread was good reading through my lunch. Thank you.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noctifera.3746

Noctifera.3746

and for building 5 omega golem at 10:00 AM against 10 people …..whoooohhhhooo what a hell of fight you need kleenex for all the sweat against all this zerg of 10 people !

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bonzi.7324

Bonzi.7324

So, this thread was good reading through my lunch. Thank you.

+1

~less QQ more PEWPEW~ [EC] roaming since BWE2
Bonzi – Ranger / Onizuka Kenji ~ Ele
Badhabbits – Thief / Meíster ~ Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

1)Playstyle =/ Numbers
Having more number all around we can’t really get more points no we are care about points.
Is not adapt or die, we already did that, is ANET keep matching us together we can’t do more with the people that we have.
RS trolls calm down, if you don’t want to be called blob, don’t move with 60 people at the time.

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Karahol.9840

Karahol.9840

I put it down to this:

Fun server you know which guild groups are on each server, what time they play and know you will have fun fights.
Some of these german servers, you dont know any of the guild on there at all, all you know is that they are the RS zerg or the AM zerg. MS and DL at least have the courage to push out and be in the open field.

I like Drakkar Lake too. They remind me of AG back in Tier 4’s first days: they push for SM when 2 other servers are already in, they go for the fight on the BLs and they don’t place excessive amounts of sieges. A really nice bunch of people to fight against.
Hope if they get more players they keep playing like that.

Aurora Glade’s [Emergency Heroes]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krato.4729

Krato.4729

@Kokolores: If you think that AG aren’t capable of playing the points game you can’t have been around during prime time last night. RS borderlands had one objective native owned, and that Garrison was full of holes. You had no response to taking any objectives other than attempting to zerg a northern tower, and still failed miserably despite abusing the invulnerable spot on the cliff. Your score is purely down to better off peak coverage; when servers have similar player coverage you guys get kicked all over the place. I’ve seen this repeatedly over many weeks now and you have learnt no new tactics or shown any capacity to change. You will never have as much fun as me or my guild in game, but I really have no sympathy. When your players get bored and leave the game I will laugh as Riverside plummets.

Kratoon – TUP Officer/Warband Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aten.8046

Aten.8046

RS need a zerg even to complete the ambient killer daily task lol.
These latest match up are so boring omg:
-I try to engage a single enemy, 99% of the times he flees away
-In a group of 3-4 we try to provoke like 20rs on a tower to come out and fight but they cowardly keep hiding inside the keep and shooting with those annoying mortars/cannon and kitten acs (that are ruining wvw imo)
-I finally realize rs are coming when I start to lag even before seeing them because they’re always blobbing in 40-50, devouring everything like locusts.
In a fair situation there’s no way our(AG) pug zerg would lose against rs zerg, NO WAY, as I witnessed different times.
Anyway, as a solo roamer (most of the time) I still had good fights and spotted good players (from tia, dw, keks, dsf etc), too bad for them, flowers in the mud…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

RS need a zerg even to complete the ambient killer daily task lol.
These latest match up are so boring omg:
-I try to engage a single enemy, 99% of the times he flees away
-In a group of 3-4 we try to provoke like 20rs on a tower to come out and fight but they cowardly keep hiding inside the keep and shooting with those annoying mortars/cannon and kitten acs (that are ruining wvw imo)
-I finally realize rs are coming when I start to lag even before seeing them because they’re always blobbing in 40-50, devouring everything like locusts.
In a fair situation there’s no way our(AG) pug zerg would lose against rs zerg, NO WAY, as I witnessed different times.
Anyway, as a solo roamer (most of the time) I still had good fights and spotted good players (from tia, dw, keks, dsf etc), too bad for them, flowers in the mud…

When was the last time you fought a french server?

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Match-ups

MRA.4758

And here I am, once having thought highly of a guild like TUP.

But after reading this thread and the many sad and sorry excuses of their leaders and members for why they are not doing that fine in this match-up (of course, it must have been that their opponents are honorless dogs!) I guess that feeling is gone now. What hurts especially is the fact that so many of you are unable to show the slightest bit of respect for your opponents, or even openly show nothing but hate and disdain. This is something I will never understand.

It’s really a shame that the sad display of just a few players can harm the public perception of a server so harshly. Yet, I still firmly believe most players from AG are actually really ok. I just hope that if we inevitably meet tougher opponents in an upcoming week, the bad loosers from our server (which we quite obviously will also have a few of) will not give a similarly shameful display.

~MRA

(edited by MRA.4758)

in Match-ups

MRA.4758

I saw Riverside being forced into bunkering in their garrison last night when faced with our guild groups. No guild groups of yours showed up to solve the situation. You were merely forced into waiting that the enemies leave from boredom in order to take your stuff back.

Yes, I have seen this happen before. After all, what else do you expect an opponent to do if outnumbered or outmatched by an attacking force? The right decision is, of course, to retreat to a position which allows him to fight more effectively. I take from the fact that you were obviously unable to take our fortification that this was the right tactical decision.

But I really think you are grossly over-estimating the number of active, coordinated guilds on Riverside if you expect that there is always one around to play the cavalry. Raids on Riverside are dominated by pug squads, with coordinated guild squads being the exception.

It does not mean you are better players when you can golem rush at morning empty keeps and towers with nobody else playing. It does not mean you play more for the points than the other server. It means nothing.

Was someone claiming that this means we are “better players”? But it also does not mean “nothing” either. It means exactly what you stated yourself: That our coverage and the coordinated effort of our community, currently, is more effective than yours.

And yes, at prime time this match-up is much more balanced. This comes at no surprise since many guilds from the Glade have always been known to be formidable opponents. But I wouldn’t ignore the Drakkari, either. They displayed a great deal of coordination that could not necessarily be expected from a “lower tiered” server. And they have also already been in lead according to the ppt.

I know we used to do the night train thing, but I don’t think we ever gloated about how great we “play for points” when we were able to hit empty structures. It would have been in bad taste for the few players that were forced to play during those times vs overwhelming numbers.

Funny story: I still claim it is thanks to AG that we do even have coverage in the morning hours!

Months ago, when your server was playing stronger, you harassed us so many many times during the night time by crashing everything we had, while we were unable to provide a similarly effective night-shift. What happened, however, is that we adapted to your strategy by recapping the map in the morning hours with a relatively small force, so that you would not also be ticking points for the whole day. These morning raids have become ridiculously popular on our server. So, thanks to AG for the “Riverside morning zerg”, which has been kind of a fun tradition ever since.

~MRA

(edited by MRA.4758)

in Match-ups

MRA.4758

You play for fun and your guild … we play for fun and our server Riverside!

Oh, so true. Why can I upvote only once?

~MRA

in Match-ups

Dranul.2094

“And here I am, once having thought highly of a guild like TUP.

But after reading this thread and the many sad and sorry excuses of their leaders and members for why they are not doing that fine in this match-up (of course, it must have been that their opponents are honorless dogs!) I guess that feeling is gone now. What hurts especially is the fact that so many of you are unable to show the slightest bit of respect for your opponents, or even openly show nothing but hate and disdain. This is something I will never understand.

It’s really a shame that the sad display of just a few players can harm the public perception of a server so harshly. Yet, I still firmly believe most players from AG are actually really ok. I just hope that if we inevitably meet tougher opponents in an upcoming week, the bad loosers from our server (which we quite obviously will also have a few of) will not give a similarly shameful display.

~MRA"

We are doing kittening awesome thanks for asking. Were do we say, I noes we doing bad? Where’s our excuses? Excuses for what exactly? What twisted logic are you reading our posts with?? Hate is a strong word, dislike and disdain is very accurate however. Your server bores me, my guild and my server, not too mention the countless other servers who groan when they realise oh noes a week with Riverside. For one reason only, your boring.

Not all of you though, DW, I have much love and respect for. They lead the way on your server in terms of how to play as a group, engage the opposition and have fun.

What do you even mean by “tougher” opponents anyways. Coz I’ve never been beaten by a smaller force yet constantly smash bigger forces.

Oh I get it, you mean ppl with your craze about points and coverage.

What you don’t seem to get, is no one BUT YOUR server cares on the rankings in this matchup, we just want fun and fights in a open pvp game. Your servers attitude in general is “anti pvp”. Hence you will get a lot of disgruntled opponents venting their anger because we loath getting stuck with you.

Perfect world = you fight elona reach and vizunah each week OR you fight vabbi and fissure of woe.

/pray

Aurora Glade EU