Aurora Glade vs Gandara vs Jade Sea

in Match-ups

Posted by: quenoz.3859

quenoz.3859

Do you have any idea how hard it was to tag you guys

It was definitely a push worthy of the unlikely plan, took us completely by surprise, very well executed I say!

Also, can we please stay and play with your puggies a little longer next time? They were finally getting the hang of things…

all worked according to plan. i just forgot shouting “YOU MISSED ME YOU MISSED ME” in a sacrx voice when our mesmer veiled behind me.. tsk tsk!

The Unlikely Plan [TUP] Raid Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

Looking to get a duel night/event tomorrow.. Today technically, about 7 in the evening UK time, I don’t know exactly which borderland, however it could possibly be done in the EB JP, seeing as I think most of the other neutral maps are booked for GvG. Likely this will be a majority AG/Gandaran event as always, if you try to get in for then, I’ll update this by tomorrow if plans change. Contact me in-game if need be

are you that insanely powerful guardian that mopped the floor with me back when I was a noob? if so, I shall be there. I have been waiting for this day for a very long time, I’ve improved my build ten fold since the last time we fought

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seregon.2187

Seregon.2187

Do you have any idea how hard it was to tag you guys

It was definitely a push worthy of the unlikely plan, took us completely by surprise, very well executed I say!

Also, can we please stay and play with your puggies a little longer next time? They were finally getting the hang of things…

all worked according to plan. i just forgot shouting “YOU MISSED ME YOU MISSED ME” in a sacrx voice when our mesmer veiled behind me.. tsk tsk!

Nonsense! That veil was perfectly combined with a mass invis and you sir, just suck at walking into veils.

Ruby Ruby Rubyyy / Lord Snickersnak
[team] Team Team Team Team Team Team
[TUP] The Unlikely Plan

in Match-ups

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

Some FIRE vs Dius fun! (Only the 3 first rounds, unfortunately our cameraman had to log off :/ )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BakYUVMUN4

Some FIRE vs DEX fun! (Only 3 of the 7 or 8 rounds)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-O7JqKGFTU

Sorry to not have any video of the GvG of FIRE vs YaK, but I guess YaK got some recordings of it! Hope to see the fights from their perspective aswell, so we can learn from our errors!

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

(edited by kribre.9683)

in Match-ups

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

I was very surprised and dissapointed yesterday.
I had heard that JDGE were often roaming looking for small-scale fair fights, so I could not help but be dissapointed when they “Spawn-camped / Tower / Cliff-camped” outnumbering us at least 2:1.

Kudos to a lot of other guilds out there for not chasing solo/duo-roamers endlessly.
If I remember correctly some of the guilds derserving this credit were Hand Of Blood(?) and The Dark Alliance. Might have been a few more.
Also thanks to SOP for the hilarious fights.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

Some FIRE vs Dius fun! (Only the 3 first rounds, unfortunately our cameraman had to log off :/ )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BakYUVMUN4

Some FIRE vs DEX fun! (Only 3 of the 7 or 8 rounds)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-O7JqKGFTU

Sorry to not have any video of the GvG of FIRE vs YaK, but I guess YaK got some recordings of it! Hope to see the fights from their perspective aswell, so we can learn from our errors!

Here’s one of our Guardian’s PoV:
YaK v FIRE

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

(edited by Space.8053)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eldanesh.2390

Eldanesh.2390

I had heard that JDGE were often roaming looking for small-scale fair fights, so I could not help but be dissapointed when they “Spawn-camped / Tower / Cliff-camped” outnumbering us at least 2:1.

Kudos to a lot of other guilds out there for not chasing solo/duo-roamers endlessly.
If I remember correctly some of the guilds derserving this credit were Hand Of Blood(?) and The Dark Alliance. Might have been a few more.
Also thanks to SOP for the hilarious fights.

Last night happened to be our raid night, any other day of the week and you would only encounter 5 of us at max. As for camping, we were just defending that tower from the only enemies in the entire BL (you guys). Sorry if we disappointed you, but you were the only ones around to fight so ty for not giving up and running away

Idlescholar, [JDGE] Thief
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

There was nothing going on. At all. We flipped a few towers (which is dull), got bored, looked for fights, found very few. Moved to GBL, did what we could against another mindless JS Golem blob and looked for a few fights… and again… found nothing.

Last night was dire.

Thanks for putting up a fight, apologies for outnumbering you (it wasn’t by choice), but there was quite literally nothing else to do.

Sad times. I guess people are busy farming mobs in Divinity’s Reach.

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory

in Match-ups

Posted by: gitflap.9031

gitflap.9031

Maybe ANet could introduce some GvG arenas in the future, and build a love hotel next door where you could all finger each other in the jacuzzi after your exertions.

Personally, I’ve had a miserable week. I don’t know much about vacuums but apparently you can scout in one.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wamgor.9347

Wamgor.9347

Raid Leader/Officer
The Unlikely Plan (TUP)
Ex Piken Square (EU)

in Match-ups

Posted by: climbatize.8729

climbatize.8729

Cheers to NR for the GvG , one of the better fights we had lately , quite tense!

TDA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Ty Ds for the GvG

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

Thanks NR, some very intense GvGs

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

Hope so Tyialo hope so. Clashing with piken has been on the cards since Feb when we left. A lot of old friends we’d like to lock horns with. Sure it’s not the piken we remember, if you believe all the stories. That said, VII, GG, EXE, GoW, the ruskies and with our favourite sparring partner Mya there too what a week that would be. Form an orderly queue

As to the matchup, Jadesea offered about as much as I remembered from last time. Didn’t raid myself during the week for various reasons, bday being one of em. So didn’t get to fully enjoy the week with Gandara.

I will say though, colour me disappointed. Advertised for GvG nice and early and alas no takers. No rematches no fresh challenges. Ah well next time.

We see others getting their fights and the guys are like why not us /sadpanda.

Kind regards TUP

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in Match-ups

multivira.7925

Hope so Tyialo hope so. Clashing with piken has been on the cards since Feb when we left. A lot of old friends we’d like to lock horns with. Sure it’s not the piken we remember, if you believe all the stories. That said, VII, GG, EXE, GoW, the ruskies and with our favourite sparring partner Mya there too what a week that would be. Form an orderly queue

As to the matchup, Jadesea offered about as much as I remembered from last time. Didn’t raid myself during the week for various reasons, bday being one of em. So didn’t get to fully enjoy the week with Gandara.

I will say though, colour me disappointed. Advertised for GvG nice and early and alas no takers. No rematches no fresh challenges. Ah well next time.

We see others getting their fights and the guys are like why not us /sadpanda.

Kind regards TUP

You’re too big for most guilds I’m afraid. Getting as many as 20 on is a rare occurrence and not something that can generally be planned. It’s the reason we only plan for 10v10 GvGs as we can usually manage that many, but 15 is something we can only hope for at one point on any given night.

Perhaps if your request went down to 15 v 15 you’d get some more takers, but even that is iffy.

We personally tend to limit the amount of GvGs in a week to around 2 max I believe, so that might also be a factor. There’s a sizable portion of people that does not enjoy GvG so we have to keep that in consideration as well, can’t imagine it’s different for other guilds.

I’ll personally take the opportunity to do some chatting during GvGs sometimes as I’m not always in the mood myself (unless we’re a member short of course or just feeling that itch).

as for the matchup… well, there have been quite a few enjoyable fights, but very much dependent on getting into the lucky borderland. Some had guilds, some had smaller sized blobs, some had bigger blobs but we were lucky to have a high number of people on, and occasionally we took on a huge blob with multiple guilds (generally a once a night thing). Also had some fun GvGs, so overall, not too bad, much better than I feared initially.

(edited by multivira.7925)

in Match-ups

kribre.9683

I gotta say I’ve had a really nice week, full of fights with Gandara’n and Jade Sea guilds!
Also had 3 GvG’s this week going from 15vs15 and up to 20vs20.

Also, Dranul I dont know if you guys have been in contact with individuals in the other guilds? That might help more then just posting here on the forum after what we’ve experience. Lucky for us I got a contact in most of the Gandara’n guilds that are 15 or more for GvG’s. It’s been hard to get a hold on to the JS guilds, but most of them havn’t been able to GvG as they miss a lot of their core-members due to vacations. But going on the gw2gvg website have helped us there aswell, as all of the guilds have atleast 1 person that’s signed up so you can see their name to either wisper or send them a “letter” in game!

So yet again, thanks for the fights this week, guilds, pugs, roamers etc etc. To many to name all of them, but my week have been awesome!

Tripilios

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caid.4932

Caid.4932

Also, Dranul I dont know if you guys have been in contact with individuals in the other guilds?

This basically, we might have a post looking for one here but it rarely leads to anything. We had 2 set up by about saturday from people contacting us (we might have contacted fire, i dunno). 2’s enough for one week.

[Dius]

in Match-ups

kribre.9683

Yeah, Kinky contacted me

Tripilios

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jezynka.2651

Jezynka.2651

Thanks TDA for GvG as well. We (NR) are happy you enjoyed it too. I hope we meet again soon. Random matchups are pain for some planning… We will be training untill then

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drizzy.1268

Drizzy.1268

At least for me this was the most fun and thrilling GvG so far (played also a couple of 20v20 before we joined TDA).
I wish more ppl would try 10v10, the meta and builds are the same, only the scale is a bit smaller.
And TUPies, dont you agree that a 10v10 is better than no GvG at all?
Remember the fun we had with the 5v5

Anyway, cheers to NR, hope to meet you soon again.

[BNF] – Bitte Nicht Füttern
https://www.youtube.com/user/Drizzlebob

in Match-ups

Posted by: quenoz.3859

quenoz.3859

we find that 10v10 is a massive difference to 20v20. at 10v10 you focus on a single person and drop them and then move to the next target, much like smallscale.

The Unlikely Plan [TUP] Raid Leader

in Match-ups

Drizzy.1268

at 10v10 you focus on a single person and drop them and then move to the next target, much like smallscale.

Nope, thats not how its played, you have 1, max 2 ppl doing that with ranged opponents maybe.
But then, in 20v20 with my old guild we did the same with a focus-grp of 3.
Just as i said, all the same, just scale is a bit smaller.

in Match-ups

Caid.4932

we find that 10v10 is a massive difference to 20v20. at 10v10 you focus on a single person and drop them and then move to the next target, much like smallscale.

We fought 10v10 matches a couple of times, its much the same really. Difficult to fit some builds / classes in though. I like 15v15, think thats the sweet spot personally.

[Dius]

in Match-ups

Dranul.2094

I think the problem lies in (a) its the summer and some guilds are short. More so I believe, having GvG’d most of the guilds on Gandara that they took the opportunity to fight people like Fire whom they haven’t fought before.

I disagree that 10v10 is played like 20v20, its a huge difference, like caid said I believe 15v15 can still be played as per a normal GvG.

As to meta this and that… I don’t believe in that – I see guilds doing GvGs that are stuck in 2012 mentality. It’s not all the same.

10v10 requires build changes, weapon changes, different playstyle to normal (for us) where we take 20+ and fight huge numbers.

We also might disappoint – that we don’t run 80% guardians if we dropped to a 10v10

I believe wam engaged TDA with 5v5 and 6v6 so there u got your small scale <3 Just not everyone’s cup of tea.

We usually have to approach guilds every week in order to get a match, I cant remember the last time we were approached – so asking all the time becomes tiresome. We like people to throw down the gauntlet and challenge us. Expected Dius, yak to rematch us. Summer for some prevented numbers. Yak got numbers though :P and GvG’d Fire – just disappointed ya didn’t want a rematch

Next time gadget.

Aurora Glade EU

in Match-ups

Dranul.2094

Before I forget… Early days yet, but big plans!

What i’d like to see is guilds/teams with interest Have 1 or 2 apply to that, we can use it to arrange matches, post videos etc. Once we get enough teams interested we will start arranging Tournaments!

http://unlikelyasuraball.guildlaunch.com/

I expect JDGE to apply

Aurora Glade EU

in Match-ups

Drizzy.1268

I believe wam engaged TDA with 5v5 and 6v6 so there u got your small scale <3 Just not everyone’s cup of tea.

Tbh, we cut our numbers in half at that time to give you a fair fight
And were not rly looking for 5v5 or “smallscale”, have enough of that during off hours.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

I think the problem lies in (a) its the summer and some guilds are short. More so I believe, having GvG’d most of the guilds on Gandara that they took the opportunity to fight people like Fire whom they haven’t fought before.

We usually have to approach guilds every week in order to get a match, I cant remember the last time we were approached – so asking all the time becomes tiresome. We like people to throw down the gauntlet and challenge us. Expected Dius, yak to rematch us. Summer for some prevented numbers. Yak got numbers though :P and GvG’d Fire – just disappointed ya didn’t want a rematch

Next time gadget.

Pretty sure 2 gvgs in a week is enough, especially seeing as each gvg night we have to leave people out whereas if we stick to our general wvw nights we can include everyone.

Variety is the spice of life as they say.

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

Based on this match-up I can say that GW2 players are becoming increasingly more gutless, cowardly and lacking faith in their ability to handle a situation with anywhere close to even numbers.

It was always a numbers game but nowadays you can’t even rely on the roamers to deliver (roaming is not 10+ guys adding into a fight where enemy was already outmatched in the first place). A shame.

I don’t claim to be the best but atleast I have the confidence to tell my party members to back off when I fight a single enemy.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

(edited by TheGreatA.4192)

in Match-ups

Caid.4932

I disagree that 10v10 is played like 20v20, its a huge difference, like caid said I believe 15v15 can still be played as per a normal GvG.

As to meta this and that… I don’t believe in that – I see guilds doing GvGs that are stuck in 2012 mentality. It’s not all the same.

10v10 requires build changes, weapon changes, different playstyle to normal (for us) where we take 20+ and fight huge numbers.

We also might disappoint – that we don’t run 80% guardians if we dropped to a 10v10

Next time gadget.

We rarely get 20 on and last time we asked you didn’t want to do less shrug
10v10’s we played we fought in the same manner as always. Might not have been the best strat ever but we won them so …

Also about being approached – you should stick your name up on gw2gvg. Its fine for us cause we know who you are but it’d help against servers like jade sea who you haven’t fought in months. They might not know your around, or who to contact or what kind of numbers you run.

[Dius]

(edited by Caid.4932)

in Match-ups

TheGreatA.4192

I don’t see why guilds do not have GvG’s every single day. Rolling over or getting rolled over by pug zergs must get pretty boring after a while. The only challenge is how many numbers they can come up with.

In a GvG you face enemies who are organized, who generally know what they are doing, possess proper gear and builds and won’t go down from the first push.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bethryn.4087

Bethryn.4087

Expecting players to log in absolutely every day for several hours’ worth of GvG is probably a bit much expectation on a guild’s part.

in Match-ups

Caid.4932

I don’t see why guilds do not have GvG’s every single day. Rolling over or getting rolled over by pug zergs must get pretty boring after a while. The only challenge is how many numbers they can come up with.

In a GvG you face enemies who are organized, who generally know what they are doing and won’t go down from the first push.

Its just different, different tactics and tbh the enviroment where gvg takes place is pretty boring – no los, no chokes, no cover no high/low ground and the field is really thin. Most days this week we’ve run into a few guilds when roaming and sometimes its nice to be outnumbered (within reason). Zerg busting has its moments too.
Different tactics work in each too. Getting a glass cannony thief in for a gvg can work quite well, they tend to just die horribly when roaming.
I’ve had some good gvg matches but i’ve never had anywhere near as good fights as i’ve had when roaming.
Gvg is like a guarantee of a decent fight. Roaming is more hit and miss, sometimes the fights are crap or nonexistant but occasionally you get rediculous, brilliant fights out of it.
We had a lot of great fights this week – the ones against hob in eb that tended to become 3 ways were all fun, the ones against NP, Crux and … a few others on Gbl (sorry rubbish memory).
The fights against HoB, BSF and NR on wednesday were pretty good too (we were playing pretty kitten at that point which was frustrating but we got our act together at a few points and had fun regardless).
So personally i dont regret roaming this week.
Regardless by the time we found out TUP were willing to go less than 20 this week the only day they were able to do it that we would be on was thursday and we already had one arranged for then

[Dius]

(edited by Caid.4932)

in Match-ups

multivira.7925

In a GvG you face enemies who are organized, who generally know what they are doing, possess proper gear and builds and won’t go down from the first push.

GvG can be fun once in a while, but not all guild members enjoy the format, there are always several waiting by the sideline and there’s something about fighting a larger force of unorganized people and winning because of your organization that gives a certain thrill you won’t get from GvG. Also the thrill of getting the jump on somebody is simply not present in GvG.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eldanesh.2390

Eldanesh.2390

JDGE vs DAWN GvG video

Sry about the pixelation at the transition, no idea why its doing that but it only last a few seconds

Idlescholar, [JDGE] Thief
Piken Square

in Match-ups

TheGreatA.4192

Personally I enjoy an even playfield and if there’s an enemy around who is thought to be better than myself, I would seek to challenge him and prove that notion wrong (or get beat and try to improve).

I feel the quality of play in this game is fairly low because players don’t actively seek challenges in a player vs player sense. The WvW format allows you not to.

There are many guilds that have success on the field, due to hand-holding, running with large numbers among other things, then wonder why they get rolled in a GvG situation. It is because they haven’t been confident enough in their ability to stand alone and will never truly improve if they don’t.

Same goes for most roamers nowadays, the best they can do is kite and go out of combat in an actual duel.

in Match-ups

Posted by: jaimy.4108

jaimy.4108

Pssst, wrong thread!

VoTF