BG ~ JQ ~ SoR Week 7 Gold League

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

The good news is that we didn’t have any queues on sor for reset night.

OP’d thief, lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

Retribution looking for some GvGs later in the week when the ppt kings calm down. We have some already planned out, but mostly looking for some scrimms.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Polismassa.6740

Polismassa.6740

JQ getting soft it took a map zerg to defend against 5.

Granted 5 [RET] is worth 25 JQ.

so let me get this straight, you were on EB in T1 right next to stonemist and you encountered a zerg (imagine that!), then, when they killed you, you went to forums to QQ about it and even managed to throw in some chest thumping… wow.

[IX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

How many guilds did Buygate purchase so that they can pwn OS? Lol.

We didn’t need to. You guys can barely fill up the other maps, let alone the OS. We might have to set up a charity for our poor SoR so they can get some more guilds with our $$$$

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: thefreezingvoid.8516

thefreezingvoid.8516

BG gets 1st place, JQ gets 2nd place, and its looking like TC will get 3rd for leagues, unless something unexpected happens. (Wouldn’t be the first time. Like BG pulling 24/7 coverage out of seemingly nowhere, after being stomped the weeks prior.)

I do salute BG.
People like to cry about coverage, or whine about buying, but here is the thing, as a server BG seems to be the most solid.
Almost every player they have is actively trying to help the server. Whether that means, running with the pin, capping ruins with other allies, or scouting towers.
It prob also helps that they seem to have a low pug population. (By PuG I mean non-wvw guilded players, not in TS) Almost every player you see, is a member of a known wvw guild. Sure there are the exceptions, but that is a big deal.

In comparison, to what I see on JQ, it has a moderate militia (WvW guild, but not rallying with guild) and high pug base.
JQ also seems to have a huge roaming population. These are people who run around solo, not really doing much. Sure they try to take camps or kill yaks and camp ruins, but running solo, they tend not to be very effective.

For comparison, I was on SoR BL last night and at about 8pm server. BG was running around with 2 30 man sized forces, and had tons of scouts in their fortifications, SoR was running around with a 50+ zerg, and what did JQ have? Two 20 man forces, with 40 people running around the map solo. A scout for my guild, said that while he was doing a loop of the map, he saw a min of 30 individual people, all running solo.

I know it sounds as though I am hating on my server, im not, we do pretty good considering our circumstances. Its just frustrating circumstance to have to put up when your constantly being 2v1’d.

SoR do pretty good, considering their in recovery mode.
Its almost a shame they imploded. They are good allies and powerful enemies, with a strong understanding of map politics.

(edited by thefreezingvoid.8516)

in Match-ups

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

People like to cry about coverage, or whine about buying, but here is the thing, as a server BG seems to be the most solid.
Almost every player they have is actively trying to help the server. Whether that means, running with the pin, capping ruins with other allies, or scouting towers.
It prob also helps that they seem to have a low pug population. (By PuG I mean non-wvw guilded players, not in TS) Almost every player you see, is a member of a known wvw guild. Sure there are the exceptions, but that is a big deal.

But that’s exactly what having coverage or buying guild means.. For example, if SOR paid for a few guild from EU to transfer over and also pay for a few guilds from TC/JQ/SOS/MAG to come over and now can field multiple wvw guilds in every time zone, then essentially what this will do is what you’re describing BG has right now – which is a high population of “wvw players in well known wvw guilds who are in TS, running with pin, capping ruins, and scouting.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: thefreezingvoid.8516

thefreezingvoid.8516

But that’s exactly what having coverage or buying guild means.. For example, if SOR paid for a few guild from EU to transfer over and also pay for a few guilds from TC/JQ/SOS/MAG to come over and now can field multiple wvw guilds in every time zone, then essentially what this will do is what you’re describing BG has right now – which is a high population of “wvw players in well known wvw guilds who are in TS, running with pin, capping ruins, and scouting.”

Sure makes some difference, but those guilds would still have to compete in queue’s with the pugs.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Retribution looking for some GvGs later in the week when the ppt kings calm down. We have some already planned out, but mostly looking for some scrimms.

^^ We got to GvG with RET and ONE last week. Thanks guys, it was much appreciated.

~X [STUN], TC

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

For example, if SOR paid for a few guild from EU to transfer over and also pay for a few guilds from TC/JQ/SOS/MAG to come over and now can field multiple wvw guilds in every time zone,"

How about no? I understand the idea of wanting more coverage, but this stupid arms race in T1 has gotten completely out of control since seasons started, and lower tiers are a shell of what they used to be just 6~ months ago (IE TC v DB v FA, or KN in tier 2)

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

(edited by Nickthemoonwolf.1485)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dale Rojo.7485

Dale Rojo.7485

I get why people on SOR and JQ hate some BG so much, I mean for heavens sake were only 1 day into it and yall are claiming champion this, and undefeated that crap. No offense guys but we all know what is going on with seasons. Just get out there and enjoy a HEALTHY T1 matchup with fights and good strategy around every corner. Its your right to PVF if you want but it doesnt make you or BG look any better or do any better. Just my opinion.

Anyways hats off to all those enemies we faced last night in SOR BL was a really fun time we enjoyed it. Im sure we will see you tonight.

If you venture out of this thread and to other other threads on this forum, you will realize that the BG chest thumping actually gets worse than this. Regarding the matchup, at this moment, there’s nothing JQ and SOR can do especially that IRON has left SOR. If you notice, BG takes over the lead once again during EU time. It’s the weekends so NA can probably log in earlier, but during weekdays, it’s another 4 to 5 hours of uncontested capping by BG. Let’s hope season 2, both JQ and SOR can get a few EU guilds to make this time zone a little more competitive.

There was a time when BG/SoR/JQ were no different in terms of how bad their chest thumpers and trolls are…. But, IRON being self-banned from forums and then transferring, and JQ losing Seasons and their trolls… The only ones left are mostly BG. BG won PvF Season 1, too.

(I have to hand it to IRON, though. They were dedicated trolls. Unlike JQ fairweather trolls who showed up the 20 something hours when JQ had the lead and disappeared when JQ lost it in Week 5.)

I think we missed a grand opportunity with BG winning seasons. The forums would be alight with trolling if JQ ended up winning with their schedule, and chest thumping if SoR won with “we play for fights but we ended up winning wow such community”.

I think BG winning was probably the most generic fuel for the chest thumpers and trolls to feed off of. Very tame compared to what could have happened.

lol.. wow.. So let me get this right. This is all in just a few posts in this thread..

1) BG claims “World Champions of wvw” even though there is an EU bracket.
2) BG claims “undefeated in season 1” even though it’s only 1 day into the week.
3) BG claims “winner of pvf for season 1” just to continue chest thumping….

1) I didn’t see Vizunah Square get as much hate as Blackgate. All Blackgate is missing is the label “America’s Team”. Although, I would love to see the top of EU face us so we can have a challenge.
2) We probably have the highest gap in PPT for Tier 1 and also broke our competition. If we are undefeated, we are only predicting correctly. I don’t think Blackgate can be undefeated though, but we’ll see how focused Blackgate is.
3) I’m supposed to be humble when the server I have been on my entire time in GW2 wins in the face of people who incessantly whine? Right….

Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees, Redwings, and Blackgate :D
God Bless America’s Team, BG
Season 1 WvW World Champions, BeastGate

in Match-ups

Posted by: LeDuc.1436

LeDuc.1436

I get why people on SOR and JQ hate some BG so much, I mean for heavens sake were only 1 day into it and yall are claiming champion this, and undefeated that crap. No offense guys but we all know what is going on with seasons. Just get out there and enjoy a HEALTHY T1 matchup with fights and good strategy around every corner. Its your right to PVF if you want but it doesnt make you or BG look any better or do any better. Just my opinion.

Anyways hats off to all those enemies we faced last night in SOR BL was a really fun time we enjoyed it. Im sure we will see you tonight.

If you venture out of this thread and to other other threads on this forum, you will realize that the BG chest thumping actually gets worse than this. Regarding the matchup, at this moment, there’s nothing JQ and SOR can do especially that IRON has left SOR. If you notice, BG takes over the lead once again during EU time. It’s the weekends so NA can probably log in earlier, but during weekdays, it’s another 4 to 5 hours of uncontested capping by BG. Let’s hope season 2, both JQ and SOR can get a few EU guilds to make this time zone a little more competitive.

There was a time when BG/SoR/JQ were no different in terms of how bad their chest thumpers and trolls are…. But, IRON being self-banned from forums and then transferring, and JQ losing Seasons and their trolls… The only ones left are mostly BG. BG won PvF Season 1, too.

(I have to hand it to IRON, though. They were dedicated trolls. Unlike JQ fairweather trolls who showed up the 20 something hours when JQ had the lead and disappeared when JQ lost it in Week 5.)

I think we missed a grand opportunity with BG winning seasons. The forums would be alight with trolling if JQ ended up winning with their schedule, and chest thumping if SoR won with “we play for fights but we ended up winning wow such community”.

I think BG winning was probably the most generic fuel for the chest thumpers and trolls to feed off of. Very tame compared to what could have happened.

lol.. wow.. So let me get this right. This is all in just a few posts in this thread..

2) BG claims “undefeated in season 1” even though it’s only 1 day into the week.

1) I didn’t see Vizunah Square get as much hate as Blackgate. All Blackgate is missing is the label “America’s Team”. Although, I would love to see the top of EU face us so we can have a challenge.
2) We probably have the highest gap in PPT for Tier 1 and also broke our competition. If we are undefeated, we are only predicting correctly. I don’t think Blackgate can be undefeated though, but we’ll see how focused Blackgate is.
3) I’m supposed to be humble when the server I have been on my entire time in GW2 wins in the face of people who incessantly whine? Right….

exactly. I’ve sat back and been calm about the matters here. We all knew that whoever won league from these servers was going to do some chestbumping at the end. If it had been JQ that won league then BG and SoR would have been complaining of their unfair match up, and if SoR won then… okay I got nothing for what specifically the other servers would whine about on this one.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

All Blackgate is missing is the label “America’s Team”.

Hahahahaha yes, let’s make this happen. The irony would be wonderful.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Humility isn’t conditional. That is not how it works.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Just a reminder that we only had 1 guild transfer to us during seasons, lost a whole bunch just prior to seasons. Call us overstacked, we call ourselves overdedicated. We are proud of what our servermates and guildmates have achieved.

What you see of our coverage isn’t from buying guilds, it’s from converting people from other game modes and getting them into wvw. This is especially the case for the oceanic population here.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

(edited by Reverence.6915)

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

JQ tears.. sweet as ever

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

JQ tears.. sweet as ever

Meh I don’t see many people complaining but the guys who are the kitten minority

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

Posted by: hints.8036

hints.8036

Here is rest of Day 1…BG with a small lead overall.

Traditionally, only T1 servers can face two T2 servers and still come out ahead (and on a weekend!). Now that BG is facing two T1 servers and still has a lead. If this is maintained by Monday/Tuesday I think its fair to declare that BG is the first “T0” server in history.

EB: There’s a truce between SoR/JQ. Generally, JQ/SoR are happy as long as BG doesn’t have SM and would occasionally try to steal it from one another.

BG BL: BG here is very weak. The whole time I was there felt like a giant karma train. Their people are extremely paper – perhaps because of the transfer of Tequatle/PvE achievement hunters (zerker gears?). BG here didn’t seem to spec for T1 at all. SoR has no presence on this map (other than a havoc group). We had to defend their side for them. I predict it will be a problem later when we try to break BG’s full supply garrison while both SoR/JQ have no base to start with.

http://twitch.tv/risenfall (delayed stream)

Lvl80(Rank) – Eng(362) Necro(245) Mes(245) Thief(131) Guard(131) Ele(29)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dale Rojo.7485

Dale Rojo.7485

JQ tears.. sweet as ever

Meh I don’t see many people complaining but the guys who are the kitten minority

Not only are they a minority, they are also the minority of a minority by taking the time to post on the forums.

Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees, Redwings, and Blackgate :D
God Bless America’s Team, BG
Season 1 WvW World Champions, BeastGate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Man someone’s mom is going to be angry when she looks at the gold purchases on their credit cards. “You paid for guild transfers? WTH are guilds???!!!”

OP’d thief, lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

If this is maintained by Monday/Tuesday I think its fair to declare that BG is the first “T0” server in history.

Methinks you’re forgetting the server formerly known as the Titan Alliance.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

By buying guilds, would you mean Jade Quarry paying ATM to stay on JQ?

Or buying MERC who were already on another tier 1 server?

Or buying 3 EU guilds for leagues?

Jade Quarry has no moral footing to stand on. They had the easiest draw, they spent 20,000 gold buying guilds before the season, and they still failed.

Jade Quarry has the coverage to match Blackgate. In the easy matchups, their maps were queued throughout the day, but they chose not to show up when it mattered.

Perhaps next season, Jade Quarry’s gold would be better spent on buying some server pride….

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

Don’t buy guilds from the thrift shop…

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Jade Quarry has no moral footing to stand on. They had the easiest draw, they spent 20,000 gold buying guilds before the season, and they still failed.

Jade Quarry has the coverage to match Blackgate. In the easy matchups, their maps were queued throughout the day, but they chose not to show up when it mattered.

Perhaps next season, Jade Quarry’s gold would be better spent on buying some server pride….

Name them, and secondly the maps were rarely queued in EU during week 2-5 with the exception of weekends where NA militia were active; hell we don’t even get EB queues in EU. If you spent less time on the forums and actually asked people what the deal was in-game you would probably get more reliable information, but whatever.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

(edited by Tarkus.4109)

in Match-ups

Posted by: BenL.5312

BenL.5312

[WM] is looking for GvG 15v15/ 20v20
We play GMT+9
Start at 10.30pm KST/12.30am AEST/9.30pm GMT+8

Please contact any [WM] if interested

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in Match-ups

hints.8036

If this is maintained by Monday/Tuesday I think its fair to declare that BG is the first “T0” server in history.

Who? I’m not an old-time WvW’er so I might be missing some context here.

in Match-ups

hints.8036

Just a reminder that we only had 1 guild transfer to us during seasons, lost a whole bunch just prior to seasons. Call us overstacked, we call ourselves overdedicated. We are proud of what our servermates and guildmates have achieved.

What you see of our coverage isn’t from buying guilds, it’s from converting people from other game modes and getting them into wvw. This is especially the case for the oceanic population here.

Are they all re-specing to WvW or still running in PvE gears?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

JQ getting soft it took a map zerg to defend against 5.

Granted 5 [RET] is worth 25 JQ.

so let me get this straight, you were on EB in T1 right next to stonemist and you encountered a zerg (imagine that!), then, when they killed you, you went to forums to QQ about it and even managed to throw in some chest thumping… wow.

Who’s QQing? I’m flattered.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Then don’t post as if you know the match-up history. ~_~ Each of the top 3 servers has been top dog at one point.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

Blackgate hasn’t done anything that Henge of Denravi didn’t already do a year ago. Do some research.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

lol @ the BG zerg camping the JP. Congrats on losing every Xv1 and 1v1 against me today. Is there anything BG is actually good at? It certainly isn’t combat.

in Match-ups

Renny.6571

We’re pretty good at winning leagues.. I guess.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Match-ups

Mordecai.6318

We’re pretty good at buying guilds.

Fixed it for you.

in Match-ups

Renny.6571

Well no, you didn’t fix anything. I said we’re good at winning leagues. ._.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

Unfortunately not as good as us.

Fixed

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Mordecai.6318

Unfortunately not as good as us.

Fixed

I actually find it very fortunate that my server isnt fully of timmy tryhards.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Hints,

The Titan Alliance was on HOD on headstart. They assembled perfect 24/7 coverage because that was plainly the most optimum way to ensure constant PPT. They never lost a match (even when matches were less than 7 days last year). So HOD/TA was the 1st T0 server.

FW

[SoX] – JQ

in Match-ups

hints.8036

Hello Hints,

The Titan Alliance was on HOD on headstart. They assembled perfect 24/7 coverage because that was plainly the most optimum way to ensure constant PPT. They never lost a match (even when matches were less than 7 days last year). So HOD/TA was the 1st T0 server.

FW

That is impressive :-) Does BG have a weakness in the coverage at this moment? Perhaps late EU time?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Hints,

No, BG doesn’t have a weak point at this moment.

BG leadership knows that the transition zones (NA-OCN, OCN-SEA, SEA-EU) are opportune times to gain PPT so the press forward hard in those time zones to maximize their pushes. (Do note that I am not insinuating anything or otherwise).

FW

Hello Hints,

FW

That is impressive :-) Does BG have a weakness in the coverage at this moment? Perhaps late EU time?

[SoX] – JQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Forestshadow.5168

Forestshadow.5168

I joined ICoa (a Darkhaven guild that joined the Blackgate server) about one year ago, and have thoroughly enjoyed the guild and wvw. I decided to post this statement in the forums (I’ve posted none until now) in order to provide a “grunt” level view of current wvw dynamics. I don’t pretend to know what the Blackgate command perspective is, but I’m rather confident that Blackgate command will not censure me for what I’m going to write.

The top level level tier (BG, JQ, and SOR) is quite competitive…something I personally enjoy. It is a dynamic that keeps me interested in the game, as I am not a dedicated pve player.

I’ve read forums in the past, and viewed with interest the accusations that SOR and JQ were “double-teaming” Blackgate. I honestly hadn’t paid much attention (and ICoa command was initially rather quiet about it) until one night-about 6 months ago, when I saw a a JQ zerg stand down as an SOR zerg attacked our BG army. In fact. JQ guilds were running side-by-side with SOR players.

I suppose I should have been angry, but I decided it was a pretty smart tactic…as we were winning. I suppose that is one of the points of this comment. In real life, alliances are made in order to get the upper-hand over an adversary…why should it be any different in this game?

Ironically, the end-result was that Blackgate learned tactics that made it stronger and more competitive. As a grunt, I was expected to fulfill my role as a soldier. Instead of playing my beloved ranger ( I know – pathetic!) I played my hammer warrior and guardian, as they were more valuable classes. I was more easily killed trying to catch up with my zerg (by players better spec’d for pvp) when I was running from the spawn, but once I got to my zerg ( with my wvw build) I was awesome!

I don’t know if BG commanders are better than other server commanders, but I know they are generally easy to follow. That is, they don’t get emotional and tear down the rank-and-file because they, " aren’t on their tag", etc. Also, many of the BG commanders are great tutors. When there are quiet moments they take advantage of the down time to instruct guild and PUG players regarding tactics, builds, etc.

Guilds join and leave the server, but the core wvw guilds have provided stability and leadership that has definitely benefited the server, and has encouraged players like myself to remain in Blackgate, confident that come what will (rumors notwithstanding), we will continue to be a competitive wvw server.

The bottom line? I don’t pay any attention to forum prognosticators who prophesy the demise of Blackgate because I am friends with a number of Blackgate people who love the game, love the server, and love the competition. We aren’t going away and encourage other servers to “up their game” and take wvw to new levels…because at the end of your journey we’ll be there waiting for you! See you in EB and the Boarderlands!
Much affection, Forestshadow

in Match-ups

Posted by: zach.1952

zach.1952

soooo Magikarp decided to come to JQ LA to gloat…
and promptly got destroyed in map chat. how embarrassing! he’s still there I think if you want to grab some popcorn, it’s pretty funny

Level 80: ElementalistWarriorThiefGuardianMesmer
Jade Quarry – NA

(edited by zach.1952)

in Match-ups

Posted by: suganuga.1439

suganuga.1439

Attachments:

~BlackGate

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

and promptly got destroyed in map chat. how embarrassing! he’s still there I think if you want to grab some popcorn, it’s pretty funny

The Golden Dolyak does not need gloat, merely trying to convert the unbelievers.

Keith the Golden Dolyak invites all JQQers to join League Winners [BG] in the glorious quest to make WvW sparkle.

PM your local League Winner [BG] representative to gain access to Keith’s Warchest.

Believe in Believegate.

Attachments:

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Windler.4815

Windler.4815

The Golden Dolyak does not need gloat, merely trying to convert the unbelievers.

Keith the Golden Dolyak invites all JQQers to join League Winners [BG] in the glorious quest to make WvW sparkle.

PM your local League Winner [BG] representative to gain access to Keith’s Warchest.

Believe in Believegate.

That’s trashy. Not gaining any respect from any server that way.

Windler
Spectral Legion [SL]
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Renny.6571

He has my respect.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

Hello Hints,

FW

A little bit of history if you’re interested.

There was an interesting meta pre-release as Titan Alliance and Team Legacy tried to assemble the best coverage they could.

TL were the first to approach some of OCX’s oldest PvP guilds but, among some other things, the reputation of RUIN (primarily from WAR:AoR) counted against them and these guilds went to TA.

TA consisted of ARMA, DiE (the OCX guild, not Legends Never), CND, DROW, The Elite, GIN, LUC, PRX, RMA, SOA, SYN, TRG, TRF, ULTD and YAKI.

When GW2 launched, TA went to a server that they’d not previously played on (HoD), and one with a name that was seen to be ho-hum. The idea was to avoid bandwagoners but free server transfers sunk that.

TA won 30 matches in a row and then decided to disband, announcing it on 5 Oct 12. It’s OCX guilds had been so effective that they gave rise to the term ‘nightcapping’ and prompted a forum response from Matt Witter: “WvW was developed as a continuous never ending battle .. we will not be changing WvW based on some players’ idea of off time hours”.

FWIW.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Truman.8294

Truman.8294

So I was talking with some Blackgaters and they got all mad and had to have to ask their whole guild to send in bans because they cannot handle some criticism.

Attachments:

(edited by Truman.8294)

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

JQ did not have to do anything to keep ATM because ATM was never leaving in the first place.

JQ did not buy MERC, we had approached them at one point in an attempt to get more than 30 people on between 12pm cst and 5 am cst and nothing came of it. Weeks later, things were rekindled and while some gold was given to help get them over, MERC paid for themselves to transfer. I played a lot with them those first few weeks and it was glorious to finally have someone to play with in that time zone and not have to face queue blobs of BG with 10 people as we slowly lose our stuff until SEA.

We did not buy 3 EU guilds. SR/Tohu came here in the same manner as any guild that transfers to JQ, they paid their way and we helped anyone who didn’t have enough. Between the two of them they equal about 30, maybe 40 people that helped cover a period of about 7 hours in which we would have at best 2 active commanders and hardly any militia on each map including EB facing SoRs IRON blob, BGs larger militia force + HB/RK/Coin when those guilds were around. GD themselves came in the same manner but when faced with non T1 matchups decided they had no honor and deserved no respect by leaving without telling us and one of their leaders who was on vacation at the time.

Prior to the run up to the season JQ was the weakest of the three servers. We had nothing between PST->OCX, had at best equal footing during SEA, maybe a little more if we were lucky that day, nothing between SEA->an hour or two into NA which is a VERY large time period. Our NA could queue 1-2 maps + EB with stragglers on the 3rd and we almost blew a huge lead in a match against TC because we had nobody during weekdays. Following the period we finally gained some new guilds, we had the most even matchup this game has seen and it was glorious. Everyone had equal fights and the winner was more or less chosen by who played map politics better and for once, not who had the best coverage. If you cannot see why the transfering of each one of these guilds was a good thing for JQ and T1 then perhaps you need some new glasses.

Before IRON left, JQ could squeek through EU because SoR/BG kept each other busy. Now the only sizable force during EU is BG. BG also still has the largest during pre-OCX/OCX and temporarily the Russian time zone. No matter what you think you know, JQ does not have the same coverage of BG. Our SEA guys were staying up extremely late and our NA guys were getting on early to try and cover the ~7 hours between normal SEA and when our NA gets on and we did not queue maps at all during the week when people have jobs and lives. We managed to hold garrison the entire BG matchup but that was about it. I played a couple times during that time zone and there was a huge BG blob on each map and no 3rd force to help distract it.

JQs transfer guilds from the time SF and SBI friends + PRX joined the server until our first guild showed up in August, a period of about 8 months were ZERO. Omen came and left, some EMP left, Zombieland joined us and then disbanded, Agg visited briefly, we lost WARD/Aco, the SBI friends guilds all merged more or less into SF. That adds up to a net loss in terms of player numbers while the other two servers continued to grow. Sure JQ was larger at the begining, but the other two passed us eventually.

So please, go ahead and rant about how JQ “bought” guilds. All that means is that you are saying you want to be able to PvDoor all day and do not want fair competition and fun fights because thats what JQ “buying” guilds has given this T1 matchup, or at least relatively close to it, with the unfortunate troubles SoR is dealing with. Having lived through similar circumstances, I do not wish that on anybody.

Praise Jedsus. Go to bread. etc etc etc

EDIT: I don’t often make posts like this, I try to keep it fun and silly, so excuse my departure from my normal behavior.

(edited by SFShinigami.2015)

in Match-ups

Renny.6571

JQ did not buy MERC … MERC paid for themselves to transfer.

SR/Tohu came here in the same manner as any guild that transfers to JQ, they paid their way and we helped anyone who didn’t have enough.

GD themselves came in the same manner.

Za Drots did the same.
/enddiscussion

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

Yes, and you will notice that I did not accuse anyone of “buying” guilds. I think if any guild was closest to being “bought” for JQ it was GD and they’re generally crap and look at what we got out of it. Straight up buying a guild creates an unhealthy partnership in which one guild, assuming they have any sense of right and wrong, is beholden to the server its joining. Thats why we expect people to fund themselves, and then we’ll help get the stragglers. That way theres a mutual effort and connection for both parties.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

~snip~

Regular BGers understand that. However, BG also lost SUPR, TKG, a lot of MERC, RISE and a bunch of smaller guilds on the leadup to leagues. We gained Omen, and ZDs who’s only staying for the season. Omen paid for their own transfers as far as I know, and we donated some gold to ZDs to help alleviate the transfer costs – they would’ve transferred over regardless.

Now, when us BGers see the “Buygate!” claims we get upset. We then reply with “hey you guys bought guilds too”, you get upset. Perfectly understandable. Now stop claiming that we bought guilds because it never happened. Our donation to ZDs is certainly a lot less than the alleged 20k~ gold JQ gave out to help guilds transfer to them.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI