BG ~ JQ ~ SoR Week 7 Gold League

in Match-ups

Posted by: ReverendChan.8467

ReverendChan.8467

By buying guilds, would you mean Jade Quarry paying ATM to stay on JQ?

Or buying MERC who were already on another tier 1 server?

Or buying 3 EU guilds for leagues?

Jade Quarry has no moral footing to stand on. They had the easiest draw, they spent 20,000 gold buying guilds before the season, and they still failed.

Jade Quarry has the coverage to match Blackgate. In the easy matchups, their maps were queued throughout the day, but they chose not to show up when it mattered.

Perhaps next season, Jade Quarry’s gold would be better spent on buying some server pride….

JQ did not have to do anything to keep ATM because ATM was never leaving in the first place.

JQ did not buy MERC, we had approached them at one point in an attempt to get more than 30 people on between 12pm cst and 5 am cst and nothing came of it. Weeks later, things were rekindled and while some gold was given to help get them over, MERC paid for themselves to transfer.

Praise Jedsus. Go to bread. etc etc etc

You actually approached MERC? Knowing it would tip the balance in a whole timezone? that ATM force wasn’t enough? I just lost a kitten ton of respect for JQ, not that I had much for them to begin with….

And is “Praise Jedsus. Go to bread.” your signature? You don’t have a a sense of humour do you? Otherwise you would know a joke said more than a certain number of times just gets annoying to the core. And you have been at it for months! Give it a rest already!

Those bread jokes are kinda getting old though…

To both of you in regards to the bread jokes. Don’t read them. Move on and get over it. Others enjoy it, if you ain’t one of them… then there is no need to bring it up.

Stop adding fuel to the fire. I think these forums are bad enough already without you guys bringing the bread into it.

Just take it to the battlefield already and be done with it.

In conclusion, snuggles fiercely

I wanted to quote the inconsistency.

Whoa whoa whoa…. I’m gone for Holiday break and everyone is all of a sudden targeting Shini and Cuddles for bread jokes (something that has been a forum thing for a very long time now…)?

It is all in innocent fun fwend and I can assure you Cuddles or Shini would never do anything outside of giving comforting snuggles… BTW are you gonna eat that tray of banana breadz…? If not can I haz some?

Also what is the deal with forum infractions lately in these match threads (are the mods bored or something)? I got accused of trying to purposely usurp the language filter, which is hilarious at best when all my posts are just me regularly typing without any knowledge of how the filter works, and the post that was infracted was in genuine good nature. On top of that I got an infraction for using “leet speak”?! I am using “Cute Speak” and it is in no shape or form similar to “leet speak” nor is it against forum rules. Be careful Shini and Cuddles they could be coming for you and your bread jokes next… o.O Good day sirs!

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

Most Adorable Na [chan]
Cutest Necro of Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

That Banana Bread cost me 48 silver. I sent it with every expectation of him selling it on the TP but he sent it back

And to be fair, I said T1 South American. :P

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

ReverendChan.8467

That Banana Bread cost me 48 silver. I sent it with every expectation of him selling it on the TP but he sent it back

Can I haz Banana Breadz…?

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

Most Adorable Na [chan]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jizmak.1489

Jizmak.1489

So…. I was pretty excited about this week. There was some big 2v1 promised, something about no way BG could take on 2x thier numbers, blah, blah, blah…..

Pretty sure it was asked by more than one person to “Bring it!”.

Is this honestly the best 2v1 you have? My hopes for constant 2v1 to prove we could do it despite the odds, has now been completely crushed.

I’m thankful for the fights trust me, but the 2v1 orginazation of epic and monumental proportion that we were promised is quite the fail.

So… I’ll beg and plead one more time….. for the love of god, BRING IT, please, please, BRING IT…. I know for a fact your NA is/was better than this. Last night in JQBL was a complete and utter 2v1 fail. I agree, you kept the objectives flipped, but your open field, and points lost to spikes, well …….You need to coordinate this 2v1 a bit better, because right now its more 1v2

Edit : Almost forgot… OMG the bags!!! Ment to say thank you for them, i thought my game was going to crash from picking them all up, i was wondering if the servers would handle them… I think i got bag lag at one point.

Battle Commander – [JINX]

(edited by Jizmak.1489)

in Match-ups

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Jizmak SoR is in hibernation for the winter. :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

You need to hear the banana song

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

I thought i heard their intel said they’re in their training week yet again. :P At least JQ still pushing hard and doing their job.

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jizmak.1489

Jizmak.1489

I thought i heard their intel said they’re in their training week yet again. :P At least JQ still pushing hard and doing their job.

Hmm… you think we could brib them to come out and play? Afterall, evidently we can afford it, lol.

Battle Commander – [JINX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

You need to hear the banana song

Go BANANAS!

Now i’m feeling hungry. Why are your all still up??!?!

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBGfIvHX9gY

“They running cuddling hubbly bubbly’s” ~ Since Sliced Bread.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blade.3456

Blade.3456

Last night Oceanic was too good!
Nerd Chills so strong, took us an hour to cool down after our raid.
JQ and SoR both showed up, and the fun flowed.

Those [TKG], [GC] and SoR mixed-zerg (lead by [hel]) fights where a blast and a half!

Vortex Blade – WvW Commander
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
[FirstLight] – BLACK DESERT ONLINE – EDAN http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Another BGer who loves to use video games and the term Job in the same sentence.

wow!

in Match-ups

Posted by: SonofNoob.3102

SonofNoob.3102

Another BGer who loves to use video games and the term Job in the same sentence.

wow!

What happened to all your predictions about BG getting owned by SoR that you made over and over?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeydra.4386

Jeydra.4386

Quite the atypical week so far …

1) BG hasn’t been fully queued, even during the weekend. Really surprising.
2) There appears to be fewer JQ playing than what I remember two weeks ago, not to mention during the first week of league. There definitely are fewer SoR playing too. In fact at some points it appears SoR have no people on some maps.
3) BG came out of the weekend leading. The past few weeks BG usually finished the weekend in 2nd or even 3rd place, then took over the lead during the week.
4) I’ve actually witnessed BG taking two T3 keeps with waypoints without meeting much resistance … admittedly there weren’t many JQ players on the map at the time, but it’s still surprising.
5) There are now three people stalking me instead of just one! Now I have to appear offline more often.

Only thing that hasn’t changed is complaints about how BG bought guilds. 7 weeks and 7 matchup threads in, surely there is something else to discuss. WTB more posts like hints’ … anyone?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I don’t need your 48s. Playing wvw earns more money than pvfing 24×7

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stealth.8150

Stealth.8150

wow!

What happened to all your predictions about BG getting owned by SoR that you made over and over?

actually im wondering where is the 2v1 sor promised us in this week

ign: Stealthzor

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

wow!

Like most Anti-Blackgate propaganda, the 2v1 was fabricated by the SoR trolls and IRON trolls. From what I can tell, any one that really matters on SoR is re-focusing on there community and rebuilding there vision of fun and worrying less about map politics. I know most these comments are meant to be jabs at each other but keep in mind a lot of what was said in week 2 was said by people that are no longer on SoR.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

wow!

heh. As been noted in my “congratulations BG” post back in week5, I admitted to talking smack all in good fun. However, considering some of you guys take this video game far too seriously and still consider it a JOB, I can understand why it would still effect your feelings some.

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

wow!

Like most Anti-Blackgate propaganda, the 2v1 was fabricated by the SoR trolls and IRON trolls. From what I can tell, any one that really matters on SoR is re-focusing on there community and rebuilding there vision of fun and worrying less about map politics. I know most these comments are meant to be jabs at each other but keep in mind a lot of what was said in week 2 was said by people that are no longer on SoR.

Woah woah woah woah, we can’t go and have people being reasonable on here

Go to bread!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

wow!

Woah woah woah woah, we can’t go and have people being reasonable on here

Go to bread!

You should send me bread! :>

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in Match-ups

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

Bread, bread, bread.

Bread, bread, bread.

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

wow!

heh. As been noted in my “congratulations BG” post back in week5, I admitted to talking smack all in good fun. However, considering some of you guys take this video game far too seriously and still consider it a JOB, I can understand why it would still effect your feelings some.

Why is it being a JOB a bad thing? Do you not like your real life job?

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

I think a better way of putting it should be along the lines of the more hard work and effort you put into something, the more you’ll enjoy the fruits of your labors.

Maybe Haru, I’m going to bread right now, not sure if I’ll remember when I bake up…. >.>

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

I think a better way of putting it should be along the lines of the more hard work and effort you put into something, the more you’ll enjoy the fruits of your labors.

(joke) All of a sudden I feel bad for his girlfriends (/joke)

in Match-ups

Posted by: bearcow.2907

bearcow.2907

Thank you BG for what was easily one of the most intense series of fights I’ve been part of recently last night at SoR north camp. We kept trying to thin your numbers before the final face off, but your two main groups coordinated well and still made us work for every second of the final confrontation.

Here’s a vid of the final fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEIPLK5oKzc

(Make sure to set youtube to high res if your comp can handle it, hard to see details otherwise)

Pnuemnos Norn Guardian of [Tempest Wolves]

in Match-ups

ReverendChan.8467

wow!

Every post you have made even the congratulations seemed more like it had underlying shots towards the BG server/community. I read most of them as “QQ my server lost now here is my bitter response of congrats with sarcastic undertones/excuses because I’m having to eat all of my words from talking smack at the start of the season.” I think I read it right, but if not sorry I haz trouble seeing sometimes…

Contrary to popular belief we like our “JOBS” on BG very much.

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

Most Adorable Na [chan]

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

Thank you BG for what was easily one of the most intense series of fights I’ve been part of recently last night at SoR north camp. We kept trying to thin your numbers before the final face off, but your two main groups coordinated well and still made us work for every second of the final confrontation.

Here’s a vid of the final fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEIPLK5oKzc

(Make sure to set youtube to high res if your comp can handle it, hard to see details otherwise)

Awesome video Bearcow ~ this is some inspiring stuff to see from TW.

~ X [STUN], TC

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

Hello SFShinigami,

I stand by my information and sources. Do check my history in GW2 forum and Guru, I don’t troll and I don’t lie. A few people in game know me IRL as a trainer, so I am particular about my reputation and standing.

As of today, Waha has been missing in action for the last 2weeks+, a few commanders have confirmed this also. Tati (Rusalka) has yet to reply me after I told to her to check her own ATM forum.

Let’s agree to disagree. I hope he will be back after Season 1. As I said earlier, we 3 servers need each other.

FW

Hello Akamon,

They are not ganging up.

I’ve done some research on SOR forum history.

Rallians have done a lot of trolling in the last 10-11 months in the GW2 forums. This sentiment is shared by many across the NA servers. Some even put SOR as No.1 forum trolls beating Maguuma much to my dismay as the trolls here don’t reflect the community at large. I am perplexed too TBH.

FW

hey now, stop ganging up on my server!
you.. you big bullies! that’s.. that’s not very nice, you know.

Yeah like that guy who keeps claiming Waha is quitting despite repeated confirmations he isn’t. Hate that guy. He needs to go to bread.

FW, we play on same server but frankly don’t see a big deal with Waha leaving for a short term or extended break from GW2.

My favorite PC game of all time is a heavily modded Fallout 3 and not even that game can hold my interest playing it day after day….

GW2 is over a year old. Waha from my earliest days was quite active on JQ and logged regularly so am sure he welcomes a break now and then short or longterm from burnout as he has definitely gotten his moneys worth. Even the most avid a gamer regardless of how hooked he becomes will eventually find something new to gather their attention.

(edited by scootshoot.6583)

in Match-ups

Posted by: bearcow.2907

bearcow.2907

Awesome video Bearcow ~ this is some inspiring stuff to see from TW.

~ X [STUN], TC

Thanks

We had wiped a few times earlier in the night vs the blob, but everyone toughed it out and we made the changes to make it happen. It was one of those nights that makes me really glad to be playing this game.

Pnuemnos Norn Guardian of [Tempest Wolves]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aacky.2067

Aacky.2067

I didn’t think anyone even cleared the silver titles yet. :O

I forgot to screenshot it but I’ve seen someone with a Platinum title on SoR.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

It was 2v1, we’ve been targeting JQ. 3rd always targets 2nd and vice-versa – so 1st can win easy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stupendous Man.4920

Stupendous Man.4920

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

Good sir/madam/indeterminate,

I demand proof of this claim. After all, we are beings of science and reason.

:D

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

wow!

To be honest it was probably TC placing second last week that caused SoR to get kinda peeved off, as seen by guilds like Choo that tried to 2v1 us BG bl from the start of reset. Neither JQ or SoR have the EU population to compete in total numbers to ZDs, let alone all of the militia that follow them and the numerous other EU guilds on BG so people seem to be pushing less hard as they could, because whatever they do doesn’t really matter. The “agreed” upon 2v1 was a myth for the most part, although I did have one SoR commander approach me but we agreed to play naturally without formal 2v1.

I’m not demeaning BGs EU efforts, as they run very tight and are skilled as hell – but its hard not to acknowledge the lack of forces matched up with them on other servers.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

(edited by Tarkus.4109)

in Match-ups

Posted by: hints.8036

hints.8036

Some exciting fights lead by @Tarkus.4109 earlier in the day. We took Hills in JQ BL with less number. BG burned 400 supply and left us about 150.

Here is the “picture in picture” video (in collaboration with my buddy from Ge @ deadmeat).

Side note, if anyone streams regularly in T1 (especially SoR/BG) please mail/pm me etc..I would love to explore more of these multiple camera perspective videos – kind of like a NBA basketball games :-)

http://twitch.tv/risenfall (delayed stream)

Lvl80(Rank) – Eng(362) Necro(245) Mes(245) Thief(131) Guard(131) Ele(29)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

I didn’t think anyone even cleared the silver titles yet. :O

I forgot to screenshot it but I’ve seen someone with a Platinum title on SoR.

Insert SS here

Honeymoooon is my hero.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Some exciting fights lead by @Tarkus.4109 earlier in the day. We took Hills in JQ BL with less number. BG burned 400 supply and left us about 150.

Here is the “picture in picture” video (in collaboration with my buddy from Ge @ deadmeat).

Side note, if anyone streams regularly in T1 (especially SoR/BG) please mail/pm me etc..I would love to explore more of these multiple camera perspective videos – kind of like a NBA basketball games :-)

tbh that was when the other maps consolidated onto JQ bl which didn’t have queue when WvW pinned down. Yeah we probably had more numbers but w/e, that guy dodging off the cliff was pretty funny.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

Posted by: BenL.5312

BenL.5312

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

(edited by BenL.5312)

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Jade Quarry has no moral footing to stand on. They had the easiest draw, they spent 20,000 gold buying guilds before the season, and they still failed.

Jade Quarry has the coverage to match Blackgate. In the easy matchups, their maps were queued throughout the day, but they chose not to show up when it mattered.

Perhaps next season, Jade Quarry’s gold would be better spent on buying some server pride….

JQ did not have to do anything to keep ATM because ATM was never leaving in the first place.

JQ did not buy MERC, we had approached them at one point in an attempt to get more than 30 people on between 12pm cst and 5 am cst and nothing came of it. Weeks later, things were rekindled and while some gold was given to help get them over, MERC paid for themselves to transfer.

You actually approached MERC? Knowing it would tip the balance in a whole timezone? that ATM force wasn’t enough? I just lost a kitten ton of respect for JQ, not that I had much for them to begin with….

And is “Praise Jedsus. Go to bread.” your signature? You don’t have a a sense of humour do you? Otherwise you would know a joke said more than a certain number of times just gets annoying to the core. And you have been at it for months! Give it a rest already!

To both of you in regards to the bread jokes. Don’t read them. Move on and get over it. Others enjoy it, if you ain’t one of them… then there is no need to bring it up.

Stop adding fuel to the fire. I think these forums are bad enough already without you guys bringing the bread into it.

Funnily enough, I can’t control Shini.

Was lovely to meet you ingame regardless. Enjoy the battlefield!

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hikisaku.8276

Hikisaku.8276

Guys out of pure curiosity, why does [TW] always run away unless [Choo] is with them?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

Great fights in EB vs JQ and BG, we didn’t really have one big guild in there but an assortment of smaller ones. RET, PD, SoX. Either way we managed to get some great fights in vs the bigger groups.

The 15 vs 25-30s that we won were amazing fights.

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

really appreciate this, Zikory. of course, there are still many on SoR that want to win fights, that care about PPT. fact of matter is, we’re not what we were a few months ago, or even at the beginning of the season! but i can tell you as an SoR native, i know and feel in our heart of hearts, that the server is still there. and we are working hard to better prep ourselves and the community for the days to come. love fighting you guys. i wish we could be giving you bigger, better fights right now, the final week of the season, as well. for the ones that you are getting now, i pray that they are enjoyable.

i know at least, for me, when i get on to play, i always have a good time. usually wiping better than getting wiped, for obvious reasons. but at the end of the day, i always find reason to log back on to fight, especially against either of you. plenty of good fighters and good company.

Dough, or Donut, there is no Rye.

not forced at all. loved it.

Attachments:

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

She can’t control me! I’m a wild tornado of crazy blasting through walls like the kool-aid man, except I’m filled with bread!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

She can’t control me! I’m a wild tornado of crazy blasting through walls like the kool-aid man, except I’m filled with bread!

That you don’t share. I see how it is. :<

You know what’s sad? Freaking STEALTH sent me bread before you. STEALTH, of all people!

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dr Zoidberg.2046

Dr Zoidberg.2046

SoR since week 2 of the season.

Attachments:

J Zoidberg

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

That you don’t share. I see how it is. :<

You know what’s sad? Freaking STEALTH sent me bread before you. STEALTH, of all people!

I haven’t even logged in yet!

I’m goin back to bread.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

To be honest it was probably TC placing second last week that caused SoR to get kinda peeved off, as seen by guilds like Choo that tried to 2v1 us BG bl from the start of reset. Neither JQ or SoR have the EU population to compete in total numbers to ZDs, let alone all of the militia that follow them and the numerous other EU guilds on BG so people seem to be pushing less hard as they could, because whatever they do doesn’t really matter. The “agreed” upon 2v1 was a myth for the most part, although I did have one SoR commander approach me but we agreed to play naturally without formal 2v1.

I’m not demeaning BGs EU efforts, as they run very tight and are skilled as hell – but its hard not to acknowledge the lack of forces matched up with them on other servers.

We can agree that no JQ EU guild have the numbers to stand up alone to ZDs, but IRON did have the numbers when they were on SoR.

Also your comment about "let alone all of the militia that follow them and the numerous other EU guilds on BG " is wrong and you know it. Both HB and Coin run untagged and ask the militia to leave them alone. Only RK runs tagged.

We have welcomed the fights from JQ this week, and even though we miss IRON, its still nice to have SoR back as well.

Last I just want to remind you that before ZDs joined BG in week 2, we had a max of 2 queued maps ( BG and EB ) at the start of EU prime every kitten night including saturday in week 1. That was ( one of ) the weeks where you had 2-3 hour queues in the same timezone. So your comment about coverage in EU prime doesnt really add up unless you lost alot of EU players that I havent heard about ?

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

(edited by Smokee.1754)

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

While BG does have its share of PvErs, its nothing like what JQ has. That first week, and even more so those first few days, we had a terrible time getting people who were there to wvw into the maps because they were full of people trying to do the achievements who never wvwed before. I remember on home BL there was a train of about 30 JQ going from cap point to cap point for that achievement. So while we may have had queues, easily half of those people rarely wvw or had never/will never again..

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

/salute to those who tried WvW for the achieves.. and are staying!!

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Cuz JQ only server with PvErs clearly.

Teqwhatl?

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

Cuz JQ only server with PvErs clearly.

Teqwhatl?

“While BG does have its share of PvErs, its nothing like what JQ has.”

lrn2readplzkthx

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiltor.9362

Kiltor.9362

Looking forward to the GvGs RET has planed this week!

Kiltor – [Retribution] –