BG ~ JQ ~ SoR Week 7 Gold League

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

The richest part, the killer punchline at the end of this season, is that Jade Quarry and TC will get the exact same reward that SoS and Maguuma are getting.

This season was such a joke.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

The richest part, the killer punchline at the end of this season, is that Jade Quarry and TC will get the exact same reward that SoS and Maguuma are getting.

This season was such a joke.

The rewards were definitely a joke. The season did nothing good for us. SoR broke as a server, pvdooring for 4/7 weeks, I have not been this un interested in wvw in a long time. PVE’rs crying about karma training on Saturday in the hard matches etc etc. please lets not have a second season. Give us back our stagnant, but fights filled matches.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

Enjoy your reset today!

Another company put everything on hold even a game called battlefront 3. To fix the bugs of the current game they have out. Maybe Anet could do that with dragons, hahaha

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

What to do with 2,5 Million finishers when you can’t finish anyone?
That’s like having 25 awesome looking prostitutes after a castration.

I really don’t see the maps queued for the next weeks.

So are you saying we won’t be able to finish you guys because were bad? OR no body is going to play WvW anymore so we won’t get to use them? (Can we use them in sPvP? I really don’t know) OR Is Blackgate getting put into its own tier so we have literally no one to fight?

I’m not sure where you’re going with this….

ArenaNet ought to put VZ, BG, and Vabbi together so it’s a psedu-1v1 where both servers can play Siege Wars together.

That would be very interesting but I think I would rather have VZ/BG/JQ or EU’s #2.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

JQ, focus less on zerging the OS and maybe the 250 dolyak finisher could have been yours.

Attachments:

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

JQ, focus less on zerging the OS and maybe the 250 dolyak finisher could have been yours.

My god, there’s at least six of them.

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

According to BG that constitutes a zerg.

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

According to BG that constitutes a zerg.

Not enough AC’s and walls to be a zerg. Sorry…

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Congrats Believebreadbeastgate 2013 on your win!!!

Well deserved as I know my friends were playing hard (except when I ran into you guys <3)

Hopefully see you after reset!

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

::edit everything I just typed out::

In regards to how leagues were ran. Someone else’s mother always said, “if you don’t have nothin’ nice to say, don’t say it at all.” For once, I think I’ll just be a part of the non-vocal crowd and say one thing.

Anyone who is a regular WvW that is out there practically almost daily, you know how you got gypt this season, and I’m not talking about the achievements, because we don’t play for that.

Let’s all get drunk for reset night as usual and see about trying to completely wipe each other off of these maps and pretend this all never happened…

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: hints.8036

hints.8036

It has been a pleasure fighting with and against all of you :-)

I learned a lot and hopefully contributed to the success of our server just a tiny bit. Personally, I always had the most fun fighting SoR/BG and gave away plenty of bags to both servers. I hope to see you guys use those new shiny finishers tonight!

I also want to thank the “community guilds” @ JQ who share their private ts and let us PUGs tag along the way – SF/SG/HzH/Ge/ATM/MERC immediately come to mind – plus many of our pug commanders @ EB. The strength of the pugs community was one of the big factors for me when I decide on a server. With the new OS and EOTM map, the community dynamics could change dramatically.

http://twitch.tv/risenfall (delayed stream)

Lvl80(Rank) – Eng(362) Necro(245) Mes(245) Thief(131) Guard(131) Ele(29)

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Oh Jedsus, one time during a low-pop time period JQ TS got ddosed so, like we often do, we offered SF as a temporary backup. A few days go by and we got ddosed again, this time it was during NA and SF had about 40/125 of our slots taken up with our own members. I was in EB at the time and I started seeing people spam our TS address as JQs backup server. If I hadn’t been in EB to correct them, we would have definitely hit capacity fast because SF usually invites the people on whatever map we’re on into TS in such situations (it wasn’t EB). ::shudder:: Dodged a freakin bullet with that one.

We have a heck of a time convincing people SFs TS address it real too. Come.PraiseJeds.us

:3

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: dkarpostag.5849

dkarpostag.5849

As ordinary ZDs member I would like to, if I may, share some of my personal impressions and say goodbye to NA.
Thank you Blackgate community for positive welcome and support during our staying here (additional thanks to guild JL). I personally really enjoyed playing here. I could write a lot of good things more, but I do hope, you know them by yourselves.

Thank you JQ for awesome fights. Specially garry fights where interesting. It was interesting for ourselves – how long we can live inside with whole map constantly running through wp, doors, shooting arrow carts etc.. We did understand, that garry can be taken only in case of your massive failure, but, hey, I do hope you will agree – it was full bags each time and a lot of fun.
Also thank you to SOS, MAG, TC. You didn’t had a manpower, however you were more seen then SOR.

SOR… err…
The problem with insulting whole server is, that you will eventually insult people who did fight in field and did not post on golden league week two and three tread . So I won’t write anything…

Thank you all and goodbye

Norn Necro
Marching with ZDs
Seafarer’s Rest

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

Gentlemen, it’s been a heck of a season. And this is the summary of it from my perspective.

The drama’s began before the season even started, with MERC jumping ship to Jade Quarry and backstabbing Blackgate which was a shock to the whole WvW community. Many MERC’s were against the move and stayed, just as many moved to Jade Quarry, and the MERC civil war still rages on to this day.

Remember Jade Quarry getting the easy draw and the amount of complaints on the forums? Some Jade Quarry posters stated that this was a fair decision and that they deserved an easy draw because there were the top seed.

The draw lead to the 2v1 against JQ in week 1. For the first time in guild wars 2 history, SoR and BG focused a common enemy. It was a milestone moment which both servers wanted to ensure that Jade Quarry would finish in 3rd, for their own benefit.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/115

This result opened up league to be there for the taking for any tier 1 server.

In week 2, SoR were now looking like the hot favourites to challenge for the season. And they didn’t disappoint with a dominating effort against Blackgate on the opening weekend. BG waned and SoR took charge of the situation, with SoR heading towards a 17k lead only 2 days into the matchup. Blackgate then rallied and dismantled Sanctum of Rall’s 17k lead by the end of the 3rd day. The scores remained tight until halfway during the 4th day, that saw a monumentual collapse by SoR.
Halfway during this matchup, ZDs also joined Blackgate, with many people crying foul play and how this was unfair.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/117

In week 3 many expected a strong showing by Sanctum of Rall to make up for the week before. But this was not to happen with SoR putting in an insipid performance. Infighting raged on their server and this was them giving up on the season.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/119

Week 4 was an easy victory for BG against SoR due to events in the previous weeks.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/121

Sad news reached tier 1 when IRON decided to leave the North American servers, and head back home to Europe. They brought many great fights, class (in game) and balance to tier 1. They will be missed.

Week 5 saw the much awaited showdown between Jade Quarry and Blackgate, the winner of this matchup was to be the champions. And it didn’t disappoint. These 2 power houses traded blows, the fighting was heavy and intense across all of the borderlands. Blackgate edged out a narrow lead of 4k, with Jade Quarry coming back to get a small lead of their own. The matchup continued like this until it came to the middle of the week, which saw the morale of Jade Quarry wane across the entire server, leading to their server conceding the loss.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/123

With weeks 6 and 7 being formalities, Blackgate was now crowned the deserved champions of Gold League.

Best of luck to Sanctum of Rall for the future, your server has been a rock solid community that always puts comradery and fun above all else. I hope your server can rebuild and continue to be the great server that it’s always been.

To Jade Quarry, despite the draw, your server deserved to be classed as the favourites and you proved it in the match ups. You’ve got one hell of a community with a lot of very organised guilds and you put up a great fight. Good luck for next time.

Now to everyone on Blackgate…

Our community on Blackgate has faced enormous adversity, and has managed to stand up against all odds to achieve this. Well done to everyone on Blackgate for believing in the server, sticking up for each other, for staying up late and working for each other. It feels me with great pride to be part of such an amazing community. Thanks Blackgate.

Good game everyone!

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

(edited by Cirus.5748)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Congrats BG for Season 1 win. /salute.

ZD, good fights.

FW

[SoX] – JQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Was a fun season. Some awesome fights, keeping ZDs out of garry was a blast. Lots of bags on all sides. Shame there it didn’t go down to the final week but still a lot of fun.

Will be interesting to see what the future holds. Obviously, some folks were expecting more from the chest. For me, I don’t play WvW for loot anyway so anything is a bonus

Good luck to all in the coming weeks.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.