CD/Mag/YB - Hosting 1v1 Warrior Tourny!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lord Titan.3791

Lord Titan.3791

Hey there everyone, Titan here.
This Thursday at 6pm PST, I will be hosting a 1v1 Warrior only tournament for those within this WvW match up. There will be a small entry fee of 5g to participate. The winner will take all the prize money as well as earn the title of Best Warrior on their server/match up. All matches will be recorded, and possibly streamed. I hope to see everyone out there to represent both their server and yourselves as a Warrior!

The Rules:
1: Must be a level 80 Warrior.
2: Entry fee of 5 gold.
3: Must come prepared with 3 builds.
4: Each build must consist of different weapon combinations. Ex. GS-Axe/Shield, Sword/Shield-LB, GS-Mace/Shield.
5: During your fights you and your opponent must me in my party to avoid outside buffs. Ex. Soothing Mist from Eles.
6: Keep things respectful, being competitive is one thing, but please refrain from directly insulting other competitors.
7: Contact me via in-game mail or PM prior to the start of the Tourny.
8: Be online a minimum of 15 minutes before the event starts.

Run Down of the Tourny

Overview:
The tournament while be setup based of a typical ladder system. Players will move up the ladder until a winner is determined, in the case of a loss the player will be moved to the losers bracket. In the end the winner of the losers bracket and the winners bracket will face off for the chance at the prize.

Individual Matches:
- Each match will start with best of three, 3 minute rounds per fight.
- Players may not switch builds during the best of three.
- The first player to achieve 2 wins will earn 1 point.
- Players will then change their build to one of their other two builds they came prepared with.
- Another best of 3 will occur result in either player receiving 1 point.
- In the case of a draw and final best of 1 match will go on.
- Player will be required to change their build again to their last build( cannot use the build they used in the first match).
- The winner of this final round will move on.

That is pretty much sums it up. This should allow plenty of players to not only show off their player skill but their build diversity as well. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me in-game. Also I want to apologize to those who cannot participate due to being in an alternate match up, but don’t fear… this isn’t the only tournament I will be hosting.

- Titan

Titan/Mr Brains

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

Why would we have to change builds?

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in Match-ups

Lord Titan.3791

Why would we have to change builds?

It promotes diversity and shows that you truly know how to play multiple aspects of the Warrior class rather than “x cookie cutter build I saw on youtube”.

Titan/Mr Brains

(edited by Lord Titan.3791)

in Match-ups

Lord Titan.3791

5 sign ups so far! That is a 25g prize pool. Come on warriors on CD/Mag/ or YB. I know your out there.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Match-ups

CrassBippy.4619

if I can just play my build I’d be down :l

no switching, just let us fight

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Your ability to play a single build does not accurately reflect your skill as a Warrior. That is what this tournament aims to do.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

CrassBippy.4619

Your ability to play a single build does not accurately reflect your skill as a Warrior. That is what this tournament aims to do.

….

haha mmk. Ive mained a warrior since GW2 launched. ive played lots of different builds too. If i know 1 build is better then the other 2, what good does it do for me to play the 2 worse builds?

So i handicap myself ? I guess that does mean i have more skill since im purposefully using worse builds

also furthermore, if 1 guy with a “cookie cutter” build beats you, then thats that. he won.

theres no silver lining on if hes better or what, he won. case closed. Sounds to me like this isnt a skill tourny, just a for fun tourny. which is cool i suppose

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

(edited by CrassBippy.4619)

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

I’m sorry we won’t see you there!

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Lord Titan.3791

….

haha mmk. Ive mained a warrior since GW2 launched. ive played lots of different builds too. If i know 1 build is better then the other 2, what good does it do for me to play the 2 worse builds?

So i handicap myself ? I guess that does mean i have more skill since im purposefully using worse builds

also furthermore, if 1 guy with a “cookie cutter” build beats you, then thats that. he won.

theres no silver lining on if hes better or what, he won. case closed. Sounds to me like this isnt a skill tourny, just a for fun tourny. which is cool i suppose

Thats up to you then. If you can’t run more than 1 build than this isn’t for you.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

….

Thats up to you then. If you can’t run more than 1 build than this isn’t for you.

this makes no sense at all. this is a 1v1 tourney. people have different builds for different situations, roaming/1v1/zerging/etc. why would someone run an inferior or less practiced build for 1v1?

your suggestion of forcing multiple builds only makes sense if you have a secondary match thats 3v3 or 5v5 or something, where a different build would actually make sense to use.

and if you suggest that some nub can look up a build on youtube and someone become a warrior god, then you’re crazy. having a good build only means something if you’re a good player.

in Match-ups

CrassBippy.4619

….

this makes no sense at all. this is a 1v1 tourney. people have different builds for different situations, roaming/1v1/zerging/etc. why would someone run an inferior or less practiced build for 1v1?

your suggestion of forcing multiple builds only makes sense if you have a secondary match thats 3v3 or 5v5 or something, where a different build would actually make sense to use.

and if you suggest that some nub can look up a build on youtube and someone become a warrior god, then you’re crazy. having a good build only means something if you’re a good player.

I am also confused, but to each his own

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in Match-ups

Lord Titan.3791

….

It is to show off multiple builds as well as a players ability to run different builds successfully.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Match-ups

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

Okay. I’m going to be straight here. Lots of people I know believe I’m one of the best warriors in the game, and I’ve put in 1800h in my warrior, nothing but WvW. Here’s my opinion on the flaws of this tournament.

- FORCING people to change builds without knowing your opponent’s build is plain ridiculous. For example, my rifle/GS will beat a hammer/GS… but will maybe lose to a axe.shield/GS… with no real determination of skill whatsoever.

- ALLOWING people to change builds to best suit their needs is great; allow each player to decide which build to use every round should be the optimal choice. For example, the one losing to my rifle/GS should switch to axe.shield/GS to counter me.

- So you want to make sure that warrior can play different builds. Then you should assign weapon combinations to them. Let’s be honest… you can only effectively say one warrior is better than another if they duel and have the SAME BUILD and GEAR. Otherwise, it comes down to mechanics over skill.

- Hence, a big part of this tournament relies on luck.

That being said, sign me up!

in Match-ups

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

where is this going to be held at? i’d love to come watch

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grieve.1432

Grieve.1432

I assume when changing builds armor, traits, and utility/elite skills are allowed to be changed.

Where will it take place WvW or a PvP arena?

I assume no stacking runes (ie. Bloodlust, Life, etc.), boosters, or food. Yes? No?

South of Heaven [SoH] – Crystal Desert
Grieve Logdan (Human War) | Rifte Torin (Charr Thief)
Feylicia Logdan (Human Mes) | Elias Foralli (Asura Guard)

in Match-ups

Lord Titan.3791

I assume when changing builds armor, traits, and utility/elite skills are allowed to be changed.

I assume no stacking runes (ie. Bloodlust, Life, etc.), boosters, or food. Yes? No?

1: The changing of builds only requires you to use an alternate weaponset, although completely new builds, armor, traits, skills, ect. is completely allowed.
2: WvW.
3: No stacking runes or boosters, food is allowed though.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Match-ups

Lord Titan.3791

If you guys are signing up please don’t forget to contact me in-game so I can give you more details.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

PAXA transferred to our tier?

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

CrassBippy.4619

1: The changing of builds only requires you to use an alternate weaponset, although completely new builds, armor, traits, skills, ect. is completely allowed.

just a heads up, you cant do this in WvW.

what if the last round is 2 people from same server?

people from same server cant fight each other so it cant be a real tournament bracket, needs to be done in Spvp

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Warriors from the same server fight each other IRL, winners fight other ones in game

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

CrassBippy.4619

Warriors from the same server fight each other IRL, winners fight other ones in game

Hmmm you make a strong point. What if we just watch The Warriors and if anyone is in that movie they win the tournament?

Attachments:

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in Match-ups

Lord Titan.3791

people from same server cant fight each other so it cant be a real tournament bracket, needs to be done in Spvp

Answered this multiple times via whispers.
1st place and 2nd place face 3rd place again and their performance in those fights will determine the winner.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Match-ups

CrassBippy.4619

1st place and 2nd place face 3rd place again and their performance in those fights will determine the winner.

Orrrrr, you could just have them fight in Spvp?

so i get to the last round and i lose to third place guy in that fight…. and 3rd place loses to my opponent, I end up getting 2nd place to someone who I never get to fight and likely have a chance of beating?

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in Match-ups

Lord Titan.3791

Orrrrr, you could just have them fight in Spvp?

so i get to the last round and i lose to third place guy in that fight…. and 3rd place loses to my opponent, I end up getting 2nd place to someone who I never get to fight and likely have a chance of beating?

Also pointed out in multiple posts that next week a tourny was being held in sPvP.

Titan/Mr Brains

(edited by Lord Titan.3791)

in Match-ups

Lord Titan.3791

The tourny is almost here. Don’t forget to send me a message in-game vial mail to finalize your sign-up!

Titan/Mr Brains

in Match-ups

Lord Titan.3791

3 hours before the Tournament commences! Now is your last chance to contact me in-game to sign up. Need more Mag and YB to step up and represent their server.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Match-ups

Lord Titan.3791

2 more hours till the 1v1 Warrior Tournament commences! Now is your last chance to contact me in-game to sign up. Need more Mag and YB to step up and represent their server.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Match-ups

Lord Titan.3791

1 more hours till the 1v1 Warrior Tournament commences! Now is your last chance to contact me in-game to sign up. Need more Mag and YB to step up and represent their server.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Match-ups

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Didn’t register with 0/0/0/0/0 as one of your builds. Disqualified.