Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

GvG 20v20 [HOPE] vs [ZzZz] Streaming live now @ http://www.twitch.tv/acquire_fort_aspenwood

you guys had very tight frontline hahaha. was good fights tho. it was unfortunate that our driver and a few of our players (including myself; i had to sit out) were lagging.

we’ll improve. baby steps.

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

I’m still having some great experiences in wvw, granted, I’ve 2 1 month breaks this year.
@furiousbeard my comment was entirely tongue in cheek, but obviously, internet can’t portray due to limited communication using just text.

@the matchup, really enjoying.

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vallun.2071

Vallun.2071

CNB, you guys are always there. Whether or not we’re killing you, you guys have presence, and that is what makes us want to play (so thanks)

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

I’m finding some good solo roaming fights but it takes patience since a lot of groups have a minimum of 2 people. I had an odd 3v1 yesterday vs a necro and two thieves that ended after the necro was stomped and one of the thieves died somehow. It was mystery since only the bag appeared near me and the fight was over.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Like I said, my excuses arent that good.

No excuses are best. FA seems to be really focused this week, more than I’m used to seeing from them. Came out hard (preposition) reset, had a weird Sunday/Monday dip, and then bammo last night was fugly, seeing it from this end.

My opinion, DISCLAIMER ha ha ha, is that FA is kinda breaky in even fights, but they’re running tighter groups than TC right now. Results show in the score.

The homestretch should be SO. MUCH. FUN.

@furiousbeard my comment was entirely tongue in cheek, but obviously, internet can’t portray due to limited communication using just text.

The internet really does a lot better with pictures. Maybe he thought you were trying to tongue the wrong cheeks?

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

(edited by WyldKat.4712)

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

FXLEACH.9436

looooool wyldkat, that’s a possibility.

@furious, i’m the kind of thief that dies randomly, it was probly me.

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Maybe he thought you were trying to tongue the wrong cheeks?

HHH…….. Why?!

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

looooool wyldkat, that’s a possibility.

@furious, i’m the kind of thief that dies randomly, it was probly me.

Hehe, who knows. I’m thinking you don’t run a Vanq or FTF tag (I can’t remember if the last guy ran a tag).

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Icebot.6103

Icebot.6103

CNB, you guys are always there. Whether or not we’re killing you, you guys have presence, and that is what makes us want to play (so thanks)

Thank you for the kind words

This has been a fun match-up, I thought for sure TC was going to catch you guys on PPT, but you’ve really pulled away.

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: ninjambo.3784

ninjambo.3784

Thanks for the fun fights this week CNB, STUN, Agg, EP, CERN, ZzZz
/respect!

We have been messing around with range comp this week, its been quite the challenge! But hey, sometimes the same old hammer meta gets boring, amirite?

Stawker / Lord Stawk
Founder and former Guild Leader of [RET] Reticle
Current Guild Leader of [BLNT] Better Luck Next Time

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

Time until DIE starts spamming the forums? I’m guessing less than 24 hours.

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

But hey, sometimes the same old hammer meta gets boring, amirite?

No wai! The old ways are best! Change, bad, unless from vending machine.

Can you tell I like country music? Older country music, not that pop-ified junk that passes today.

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Are you saying Taylor Swift is not a real country singer!?!

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Sorry HOPE and ZzZz about the gvg troll who was repping NERF. NERF doesn’t condone that kind of game mode violation. The matter was dealt with swiftly.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

I like this. Fa seems stronger than Tc, which means we can have good fights all around. stay classy tc, fa, and sos

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Yikes! That mid day SEA/EU push from SOS and TC…

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

For those of you who missed out our late sea/ocx early eu run here’s a simple recap.

http://youtu.be/Oz5rUHUJl8s

50+ minutes before the video is online though. Graphics are bad, funny music, but lots and lots of fun fights wiping and loot bagin.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: UltraHiDef.4809

UltraHiDef.4809

Meow vs. Various SoS guilds put together. Meow vs. CnB(mainly) + Agg + EP + Bear tags behind the windmill.
Our core team was off, but we did manage well. And it gave a good practice for our new guys. It was an 17-18 vs. 20+. Enemy numbers were different each round.. Sadly, I wasn’t in it and we didn’t have enough people to rock up 20 Meows, as our guild is only made up of 35 members. And this is our first time going for more than 15 people in a GvG. But nonetheless, enjoy. :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGb2hS85rK0
Score: 3 for Meow and 1 for SoS guilds, we wanted more fights, but sadly they had to go. >:

(edited by UltraHiDef.4809)

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

For those of you who missed out our late sea/ocx early eu run here’s a simple recap.

http://youtu.be/Oz5rUHUJl8s

50+ minutes before the video is online though. Graphics are bad, funny music, but lots and lots of fun fights wiping and loot bagin.

video is up. enjoy

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Icebot.6103

Icebot.6103

Meow vs. Various SoS guilds put together. Meow vs. CnB(mainly) + Agg + EP + Bear tags behind the windmill.
Our core team was off, but we did manage well. And it gave a good practice for our new guys. It was an 17-18 vs. 20+. Enemy numbers were different each round.. Sadly, I wasn’t in it and we didn’t have enough people to rock up 20 Meows, as our guild is only made up of 35 members. And this is our first time going for more than 15 people in a GvG. But nonetheless, enjoy. :P
Score: 3 for Meow and 1 for SoS guilds, we wanted more fights, but sadly they had to go. >:

You already got smashed by copywrite bummerz.

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

UltraHiDef.4809

You already got smashed by copywrite bummerz.

It’s blocked where you are?

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

^ if that happens, time to change music; so all is well. ;3

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: omnislash.7106

omnislash.7106

Thanks glob!
You guys are awesome to fight ! Hope to see you in the battlefield!
/salute

Ktyz [CNB]
Cmdr
-Kaineng

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Mate, you need to update your sig. It would seem you have not killed anyone in months.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

This is how I feel about every post on here

Attachments:

Shhhhh
No Tears
Just Dreams

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Mate, you need to update your sig. It would seem you have not killed anyone in months.

don’t be offended zergling

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

You actually got offended by what I said?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

You actually got offended by what I said?

Reading comprehension

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Happy Holidays!

:D

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Visirale.6097

Visirale.6097

Wow. I mean, yes these matchup threads can sometimes turn a little toxic. But they were integral to the growth of wvw. From the most primary function of setting up gvgs/open field battles, to more complex functions like giving props when props were due and establishing the cultures of the different servers. WVW won’t be the same without it. If they are 100% not going to be here, we need to set up an external community asap. Yeah, we kitten talk each other, but at the end of the day I think we all respect each other and enjoy the friendly (and even the not so friendly) competition the forum helps to create.

Inb4 infraction, but this is the most carebear move I’ve seen in a while on the dev front. I’ve got thick skin and like being called a baddy. It makes our open field wipe of you that much better, and it makes me take it that much more seriously when I die stupidly. Without it… you’re facing pixels on a screen, not another human being.

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: jboLtz.4805

jboLtz.4805

Had tons of fun commanding SoS during the 3-way fight in SMC tonight! Our SoS group enjoyed all 1.5 hours of it! Thanks for the entertainment FA and TC!

Lumynna – Co-Founder, Co-Leader, Commander of Prescribed [Rx]
Sea of Sorrows
“Everything we do, we do Rx. No sandbagging.”

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: cobracommander.5861

cobracommander.5861

Gotta shake hands with your feelings, in the wicked sensitive crew.

Darth
Necro
CD-FA-TC-HoD-SoS-TC-FA-SBI-SoS-JQ-ET-SFR-FA-DR

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

FXLEACH.9436

SMC was great fun today.

Not up to much at the moment, just wiping [TUNE] wherever they pop up and flipping stuff.

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

SMC was great fun today.

Not up to much at the moment, just wiping [TUNE] wherever they pop up and flipping stuff.

Was kinda fun despite the lag,then the kittens with the warriors showing how poor fa is.
Between the hacker engi streaming his deeds and the tank warriors i lost whatever respect that i had for fa.
I really wish kids didnt degrade the game…

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shrike.3154

Shrike.3154

Lets try to keep spies off each others teamspeak ok lol

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

SMC was great fun today.

Was kinda fun despite the lag,then the kittens with the warriors showing how poor fa is.
Between the hacker engi streaming his deeds and the tank warriors i lost whatever respect that i had for fa.
I really wish kids didnt degrade the game…

? Wut…

Someone seems grumpy

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

UltraHiDef.4809

For the sad and mighty ‘Muricans who couldn’t watch it because it’s blocked. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITaa4LWVKDA

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Disappointing indeed.

My main concern is how certain folks (Furiousbeard, Pickle, the entire Maguuma server) will ever recover from this.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

Disappointing indeed.

My main concern is how certain folks (Furiousbeard, Pickle, the entire Maguuma server) will ever recover from this.

I’m just going to miss knowing when the dolyak parades are so I know when to get Animal Control back together and lead them out there

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

For the Swarm!

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: grabemx.9836

grabemx.9836

Disappointing indeed.

Hmmm, posting on the forums is a privilege not a right? Being your customer is a privilege not a right as well. Remember that.

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

Disappointing indeed.

There goes the forum entertainment value, eh? Makes for some interesting reading IMO. The winds of change blow, wherever they shall go… :P

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Disappointing indeed.

Hmmm, posting on the forums is a privilege not a right? Being your customer is a privilege not a right as well. Remember that.

First they disable my consumables in wvw, then they disable my town clothes in wvw, now they’re outright getting rid of the matchup threads?

I feel a gemstore boycot coming on…

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

I haven’t paid $ for gems since the SAB World 2 grr thing with the bauble achievement. The one where they never said anything about it being bugged or not on the forum.

Grr. Still annoyed.

Now all it’ll take is one lil troll to roll a thread. Nice...

(edited by WyldKat.4712)

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Tarnished Coast Dolyak Parade
I apologize profusely for announcing this the day of! My week has been hectic with multiple finals and work machines crashing. However, I still want to hold a parade this week, because next week with the holidays it will be hard to hold one! So, despite the last minute, I hope y’all come! Theres been some good fighting, and I think its great to finally see a competitive FA!

For those who do not know, the Dolyak parade is a time where we get together and just have fun, and of course, parade around as dolyaks around the borderlands! Of course, you do not have to be a dolyak if you do not wish to be.So come out and celebrate the dolyaks, who sacrifice much for our endless war!

Information

• Where: WvW borderlands. The exact one will be chosen ~1 hr beforehand
  • When: Thursday (12/19) at 7 PM Server Time
  • Who: Anyone is willing to participate! If you come and need a tonic, just ask a friendly DOLY representative and we can give you some to join in!
  • How: If you choose to become a dolyak, there are 2 ways: a Ruminant Tonic, and a Dolyak Tincture (feel free to wiki these). Of course any other kind of tonic is welcome, or even none at all if you just want to run along!

If anyone has any questions, comments, concerns, or good dolyak jokes, feel free to send me a message!

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omega.9601

Omega.9601

Tarnished Coast Dolyak Parade
I apologize profusely for announcing this the day of! My week has been hectic with multiple finals and work machines crashing. However, I still want to hold a parade this week, because next week with the holidays it will be hard to hold one! So, despite the last minute, I hope y’all come! Theres been some good fighting, and I think its great to finally see a competitive FA!

For those who do not know, the Dolyak parade is a time where we get together and just have fun, and of course, parade around as dolyaks around the borderlands! Of course, you do not have to be a dolyak if you do not wish to be.So come out and celebrate the dolyaks, who sacrifice much for our endless war!

Information

• Where: WvW borderlands. The exact one will be chosen ~1 hr beforehand
  • When: Thursday (12/19) at 7 PM Server Time
  • Who: Anyone is willing to participate! If you come and need a tonic, just ask a friendly DOLY representative and we can give you some to join in!
  • How: If you choose to become a dolyak, there are 2 ways: a Ruminant Tonic, and a Dolyak Tincture (feel free to wiki these). Of course any other kind of tonic is welcome, or even none at all if you just want to run along!

If anyone has any questions, comments, concerns, or good dolyak jokes, feel free to send me a message!

Can’t wait.

Fort Aspenwood
Ectoplasm Ltd [GLOB] – Elementalist

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ether.7510

Ether.7510

The 2 vs 1 on EBG ended? Come on TC/SoS bring the fights back to OL and try to take~! Super fun!

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Ok FA, get your tonics ready!

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Disappointing indeed.

I don’t want to think about it… the wounds are still fresh.