Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Disappointing indeed.

My main concern is how certain folks (Furiousbeard, Pickle, the entire Maguuma server) will ever recover from this.

I don’t want to think about it… the wounds are still fresh.

Just do what you can. Report it, post legitimate opinions about it and move on.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

The shenanigans will find a new venue. In the meantime we can still talk about this match.
I was impressed with FA last week but they really kicked it into overdrive this week. Those PPT driving float teams are really paying off and should be part of a primer for any server that wants to win despite a numbers difference.

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

The shenanigans will find a new venue. In the meantime we can still talk about this match.
I was impressed with FA last week but they really kicked it into overdrive this week. Those PPT driving float teams are really paying off and should be part of a primer for any server that wants to win despite a numbers difference.

I dont think there was much of a numbers difference this week. They kicked their ppt play into overdrive (some would say tryhard worthy) and came out on top. Just hope they dont burn themselves out. Its something we’ve seen from FA before, and last time it happened they didnt recover from it.

Lunar Fighter

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

I dont think there was much of a numbers difference this week. They kicked their ppt play into overdrive (some would say tryhard worthy) and came out on top. Just hope they dont burn themselves out. Its something we’ve seen from FA before, and last time it happened they didnt recover from it.

just like the old tarnished tuesdays

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

just like the old tarnished tuesdays

Believe it or not, “tarnished tuesdays” were never actually much of a thing. It just happened to be the day most weekend warriors stopped playing. I think the term only stayed around because of how often we took the lead on those days… and because it rhymed.

Lunar Fighter

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

We didn’t burn ourselves out, we had a temporarily higher population at a period prior to living story where there was less content and therefore more inclination to participate in WvW.

re matchup threads rip reddit

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

We didn’t burn ourselves out, we had a temporarily higher population at a period prior to living story where there was less content and therefore more inclination to participate in WvW.

re matchup threads rip reddit

“Content releases/holidays/college exams/insert random RL excuse here” affect all of the servers. I’m not so sure that was the reason for FA’s surge before – because the other servers would have been benefiting as well, nullifying that surge. I’m definitely more inclined to lean toward the “burn out” theory previously mentioned, because the FA crash definitely happened.

Either way, doesn’t really matter – the whole reason I was happy to see kittenain was for exactly this – great fights, good competition, and fun matchup threads (BOOOOOO for matchup threads going away).

Edit – LOL @ the kitten filter kittening “FA” and “again”. Should read “happy to see FA……… again was for exactly this…” Le sigh.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dhampyr.2104)

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Well I’m glad tier 2 has seen some rebalancing since it makes for a much better match each week.

This will only be the third (correct me if I’m wrong) time that FA has beaten TC. I don’t think it will be like this consistently in the future, but who knows…

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

oh no tc’s gonna lose this week, you guys are clearly the only server that participates in the holidays. Good job this week fa, its good to see you guys stronger than before

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Well I’m glad tier 2 has seen some rebalancing since it makes for a much better match each week.

This will only be the third (correct me if I’m wrong) time that FA has beaten TC. I don’t think it will be like this consistently in the future, but who knows…

I think 2nd? Either way, it seems that the transfers FA has gotten are really helping them stay competitive which is nice! I’m just curious if those transfers will stay if FA does well enough to start facing T1 servers…

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Good job fellow FA players, next stop, winning Blackgate.
Everyone transfer to FA.

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

PSA The dolyak parade will be in TCBL in 1 hour, meeting by the windmill!

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mercenary Higgins.1807

Mercenary Higgins.1807

GvG 20v20 [RET] vs [CNB] Streaming live now @ http://www.twitch.tv/acquire_fort_aspenwood

Mercenary Higgins: D/D
Fort Aspenwood

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m actually kinda glad that TC is losing this week. I need to map a Borderlands that ISN’T Green for a change. XD

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Spockime.1364

Spockime.1364

No complaints here. FA deserves the win this week. They put in a solid showing, had better coverage, and didn’t need to rely on SoS’ help to earn the win on their own. This has been one of the most balanced weeks since the game came out in my opinion. FA didn’t display any higher skills in combat, but they did display solid tactics and use of their good coverage to keep the PPT going strong.

For TC, I’m looking forward to a new week starting tomorrow and to see our commanders out there in force.

/salute – GGs all of you.

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

oh no tc’s gonna lose this week, you guys are clearly the only server that participates in the holidays. Good job this week fa, its good to see you guys stronger than before

What’s SoS’s excuse? Yea. That’s what i thought.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: JeffHardisty.1926

JeffHardisty.1926

oh no tc’s gonna lose this week, you guys are clearly the only server that participates in the holidays.

Kind of a random thing to say. Sounds like you don’t like us very much; I thought EP left TC on good terms because of queue times.

TC [CERN]

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Dhampyr.2104

oh no tc’s gonna lose this week, you guys are clearly the only server that participates in the holidays.

Kind of a random thing to say. Sounds like you don’t like us very much; I thought EP left TC on good terms because of queue times.

It’s a forum version of Tourette’s.

Tarnished Coast

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

lolwut. The only reason TC beat us last week is because SoS oceanic came and paper-ed everything during the night and the TC unemployment rally took everything during the day. This week we shut down SoS karma train oceanic and TC unemployment rally couldnt do anything either. GG see you next week (not likely because everyone is on vacation).

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

lolwut. The only reason TC beat us last week is because SoS oceanic came and paper-ed everything during the night and the TC unemployment rally took everything during the day. This week we shut down SoS karma train oceanic and TC unemployment rally couldnt do anything either. GG see you next week (not likely because everyone is on vacation).

I getcha. Sorry to hear that this week it was your turn to lose your jobs.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kigera.9584

Kigera.9584

lolwut. The only reason TC beat us last week

lolwut. I wouldn’t take any of these match ups during this holiday season as a good estimate for server strength. Especially, when we’re only two weeks removed from leagues.

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

It’s Jayne. That manipulative woman is no longer around on TC to stir things up. That’s the reason for FA’s win.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

It’s Jayne. That manipulative woman is no longer around on TC to stir things up.

Good riddance…

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Something we can agree on!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

So many tears.

SoS and TC better go back to watching your Strawberry Shortcake cartoons.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

You know, since they’re shutting down this section, someone should make a match up forum for servers.

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

TIL TC is full of unemployed people. Since there’s a blanket statement over there, can I make my own?

FA won because school holidays are here! No need to do homework until January yooooo

btw I don’t really think like this, just trying to imitate that statement because it’s hilarious in a sad way.

Though I’d want to congratulate FA for playing their A-game this week. You guys went on full overdrive and the score reflects that. It’s refreshing to see a competitive t2 at least, it gives us a bigger room to improve upon. And at least TC isn’t in that stupid limbo where we either steamroll or get steamrolled. That’s just meh.

(edited by electriette.8952)

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

This week has been good fun.

Ending it on a bit of an odd note, right now, CS of FA and MEOW of SoS both attacking Klov at the same time. CS on the Hill, with cata, Meow in the swamp, with catas. Classy.

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

FXLEACH.9436

also that charr fighter in the [tax] guild is good value to watch. the one that leaps in and swings madly trying to down someone, then pops all their cooldowns and leaps/spins/runs away.

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Dhampyr.2104

You know, since they’re shutting down this section, we should see how many times we can get them to close the thread between now and then. You know, Maguuma-style.

Tarnished Coast

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: MomentofWeakness.1246

MomentofWeakness.1246

FA didn’t do anything special, most of the main TC commanders aren’t commanding much and on TC this greatly effects population volume. I haven’t had the time to command myself lately and until recently I was pulling some crazy shifts here and there. That 20k lead wouldn’t be there if our regular Borderland/EB commanders were leading like we typically do. Congratulations to FA, enjoy your victory, if I get more time I hope to get some good fights in with you in future matches, always a fun fight!

Its Choo – 250,000 Kills in WvW and Counting…
WvW Commander – NA PST
Sexiest Level 80 Charr Guardian In The Game

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

MomentofWeakness.1246

WvW Commander – NA PST

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

FA didn’t do anything special, most of the main TC commanders aren’t commanding much and on TC this greatly effects population volume. I haven’t had the time to command myself lately and until recently I was pulling some crazy shifts here and there. That 20k lead wouldn’t be there if our regular Borderland/EB commanders were leading like we typically do. Congratulations to FA, enjoy your victory, if I get more time I hope to get some good fights in with you in future matches, always a fun fight!

You heard it here folks. FA only won because TC commanders were taking a break. Now we can go back to our normal programming of making fun of #Magswag and their 3rd matchup thread this week. Will they make it to 5 by reset?? Find out tonight!

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

MomentofWeakness.1246

You heard it here folks. FA only won because TC commanders were taking a break. Now we can go back to our normal programming of making fun of #Magswag and their 3rd matchup thread this week. Will they make it to 5 by reset?? Find out tonight!

A lot of us have been on break/playing less frequently since Seasons ended, I didn’t say it was the only reason that TC will lose and FA won this week but it is an important factor to the outcome of this matchup.

I said that the “20k lead” wouldn’t be there, I didn’t say you (FA) wouldn’t have won. Please don’t twist my words and learn to read more carefully.

WvW Commander – NA PST

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

FXLEACH.9436

I dunno who that FA thief was, in the guild [TAKE], but I hope you got a precursor from me

I’m the asura thief that /pointed, /beckoned you outside north smc.

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

A lot of us have been on break/playing less frequently since Seasons ended, I didn’t say it was the only reason that TC will lose and FA won this week but it is an important factor to the outcome of this matchup.

I said that the “20k lead” wouldn’t be there, I didn’t say you (FA) wouldn’t have won. Please don’t twist my words and learn to read more carefully.

I know :P Just joking around and trying to head of the inevitable tantrum thrown by everyone over your statements. Word of advice, never post that something would’ve happened differently due to people not being online. That’s why we make fun of SBI. They were the only ones affected by TESO beta weekend and Thanksgiving ya know?

(edited by Tibstrike.2974)

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

MomentofWeakness.1246

I know :P Just joking around and trying to head of the inevitable tantrum thrown by everyone over your statements.

I’ll just tell them the same thing I tell whiners when I am leading… “IDGAF about Tiny Hearts</3” the militia and the mumble respond well to that TOUGH LOVE BABY

WvW Commander – NA PST

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Since TC beats FA more consistently than FA beats TC, I will expect TC to come back strong in the new year.

Regardless of score, this was a good match and I hope for many more. If we’re only beating each other by 10-20k then we’re pretty darn close in coverage and ppt.

Cheers everybody! Have a great time celebrating the holidays with your families!

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

FXLEACH.9436

Thanks Furious, to everyone in this matchup I hope you all have a lovely time with your families and friends this time of year.

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

MomentofWeakness.1246

MERRY CHRISTMAS GW2 COMMUNITY! HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL PLAYERS!

WvW Commander – NA PST

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

And to you too, Chuu. May your loot bags never run out (or zerging would be too easy). :P

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

I’ve heard that some FA commanders have been pulling 3x their normal shifts this week, and are quite grumpy and tired…. At any rate such overtime is worthy of the win.
Like I said though… dont burn yourselves out just for one win.

also I see no tears here. Where are the tears?

Lunar Fighter

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

This week has been good fun.

Ending it on a bit of an odd note, right now, CS of FA and MEOW of SoS both attacking Klov at the same time. CS on the Hill, with cata, Meow in the swamp, with catas. Classy.

MEOW of SoS? I must have missed that return.

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Where are the tears?

I knew this girl at college who said she tore herself dancing doing a split and wanted to show me. Since her nickname was “Wingnut” I declined.

I have the morals of a kat, but my 9-Lives alarm was screeching.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Where are the tears?

I knew this girl at college who said she tore herself dancing doing a split and wanted to show me. Since her nickname was “Wingnut” I declined.

I have the morals of a kat, but my 9-Lives alarm was screeching.

I love your replies so much. I think I’ll miss reading them the most.

Lunar Fighter

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

I’ve heard that some FA commanders have been pulling 3x their normal shifts this week, and are quite grumpy and tired…. At any rate such overtime is worthy of the win.

It doesn’t matter how they pulled it off. It’s an impressive win and no post-mortem can detract from that.
FA and SoS have positive mojo momentum greater than TC’s right now. I think the time is coming (hopefully sooner rather than later) that all three servers stand an excellent chance of winning and simply the one that focuses on ppt is the one that wins (keep the scores close and keep those T3 scrubs out of the matches).

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyrion.5764

Tyrion.5764

OMG TC, ^^ you allways been like that never will accept that FA beat you ^^, allways will be excuses like we are in school, we are in vacation, our commanders was not online ? .

Dont you think the same thing happen on FA ? its TC the only NA server ?? dont make me laugh.

The big difference in those 2 weeks was, last week [BOMB] dont rally at Sunda/Monday when TC made their big big push, so basicly no1 stop them, but this week [BOMB] rally Sunday/Monday and TC cannot do anything, and dont say you dont send you entire forces because i have videos and dont meke me put some over here.

If you say at some moment of the days TC only have 2 commnaders, well FA at some points only has me commanding the 4 maps.

Please TC stop that crappy idea of " TC let FA wins " because that not true, FA win this week because " WE CAN " .

Those TC excuses make me remind SBI excuses when they lose the second place in Silver.

BTW, the entire FA will take good break next week so you are free to go rise your PPT ^^

Tyryon Delos Bravos – Leader and Commander [BOMB] Bomb On me

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

It doesn’t matter how they pulled it off. It’s an impressive win and no post-mortem can detract from that.
FA and SoS have positive mojo momentum greater than TC’s right now. I think the time is coming (hopefully sooner rather than later) that all three servers stand an excellent chance of winning and simply the one that focuses on ppt is the one that wins (keep the scores close and keep those T3 scrubs out of the matches).

Speaking that durring NA the only noteworthy force SoS has is on EB or their own BL, I dont feel you guys could pull out the win without ocx/sea pulling overtime as well. Especially not if you have to compete with the monster that is FA’s NA after these transfers.
I’m not sure why, all I know is that this week TC was not in full swing, and FA was putting in extra effort. They earned the win for sure. What I DO know is that we had low numbers in guild events because of finals and the season. and I guess fairweather gonna fairweather.

Its been suggested before, and I’m taking the advice, and I suggest you do as well. Dont make any predictions or claims until after the holiday, when all three are back to full force.

Lunar Fighter

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

-snip for really bad post-

Aww lookit you trying to represent your entire server.
AND claiming your guild is the reason you won the week?! oh my, you’re giving far too little credit to everyone else.

Lunar Fighter

(edited by Nickthemoonwolf.1485)

Dec 13 TC - FA - SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Grats FA. GL TC on reset. Let’s have fun.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie