Desolation / Abaddon / Gandara 30/8

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

Ya, kinda lame a t1 server saying much lower tiers they blob and/or have superior numbers.. Just doesn’t make sense.. Be happy you were able to farm the AM and Gandara this week.
This is WvW after all, server vs server vs server so man up and have fun!

You do realise there is no tier 1,2,3 etc any more just ranks? we are 3rd rank because of Anets’s messed up system where you gain more rating from losing matches than you do winning.

For example we where 3rd losing against Sfr and Viz and after winning this matchup we will move down 3 ranks to 6th. and after coming 3rd in this match Gandara is predicted to actualy move up 2 ranks from 14th to 12th and Abbadon coming 2nd is staying at rank 11, the logic is baffling who is the actual winner/loser?

You have no idea how under manned Desolation is compared to even a few months back fighting Piken and Miller’s Sound, this week has not been a complete walk in the park for us, both your servers have made us aware of weakness within our community in both prime time and offpeak hours that we didn’t expect we would have i logged in Deso bl at 6:30 GMT+1 prime time and our home map was Green Garrison and all so in effect despite winning the matchup we will not be pulling out the fireworks we have still under performed and are going down till we rectify the issues or get hammered by a few servers to boost us back up lol

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tsezar.6950

Tsezar.6950

because im playing some twinks to test out some build Mr. Mofu . my main i rarely use atm.. but i think its a bad matchup to test out twink builds.. and even if you roam rround with your guildies doesnt mean you see me because im not stupid enough to fight a guild group solo lol.. and the guild is only for my main

I PLay Without Hands To Have [Fun]

How many Dzagonurs and Gunnars do you need to kill me? Over 9000!!

(edited by Tsezar.6950)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sirana Dark.4681

Sirana Dark.4681

Like I thought on 1st day Gandara will have bad impressions of us and also expected that you will want to show the best from you when facing higher tier server. I heard you run in smaller groups and I hoped for some skirmishes from time to time, but when I tried running solo I usually ended up being ganked. Only one fair 1v1 vs guardian from WvW on eb, but even that got interrupted by some thief from my side :/
Gandara guys seem to be running very fast to a place where fight is having place, every time there were orange swords I saw more and more of blue smurfs coming and jumping into the fight Kinda similiar to Viz where sometimes you can see ppl running around, but on the other side much different cause you guys usually don’t run and fight a lot better than them.
Sadly sometimes it all ended up in a blob fest; not gonna mention AM cause it seems to be the only way they run, can’t remember seeing groups of under 20-30 ppl from there. Also we have big numbers at times, especially when some guy gathers ppl from all maps and blobs the hell out of every place in WvW while leaving almost all our stuff without defense (EB wooden almost whole week, except times when few ppl decided to work out their kitten and upgrade/siege up stuff)… Feels weird to see things on our server going into the “blob all the way”; still remember the good times of having guilds and comanders that actually cared about defense – we have some of those still, but as soon as the blob forms up, they’re all alone with 10-15 guys. Is lootbags all that ppl care for these days? :/

Gl in future match ups, Viz/Sfr/Abbadon would be nice zerg fest, for Gandara, maybe your usual lower/mid tier enemies and to Deso – well, maybe a good beating from strong enemies would be nice and teach some ppl to blob less

From our side we could say the same. This evening we were only 20 People and what do you Crydara Guys You blob. Do not throw Stones while sitting in a Glashouse. I also never seen Your normal Groups infight you ever run away and came back with 2 other Groups. And if You fight against us You lay down. An by the way we dont kill Solo Players if they dont attack us.

in Match-ups

Posted by: eremos.8142

eremos.8142

Like I thought on 1st day Gandara will have bad impressions of us and also expected that you will want to show the best from you when facing higher tier server. I heard you run in smaller groups and I hoped for some skirmishes from time to time, but when I tried running solo I usually ended up being ganked. Only one fair 1v1 vs guardian from WvW on eb, but even that got interrupted by some thief from my side :/
Gandara guys seem to be running very fast to a place where fight is having place, every time there were orange swords I saw more and more of blue smurfs coming and jumping into the fight Kinda similiar to Viz where sometimes you can see ppl running around, but on the other side much different cause you guys usually don’t run and fight a lot better than them.
Sadly sometimes it all ended up in a blob fest; not gonna mention AM cause it seems to be the only way they run, can’t remember seeing groups of under 20-30 ppl from there. Also we have big numbers at times, especially when some guy gathers ppl from all maps and blobs the hell out of every place in WvW while leaving almost all our stuff without defense (EB wooden almost whole week, except times when few ppl decided to work out their kitten and upgrade/siege up stuff)… Feels weird to see things on our server going into the “blob all the way”; still remember the good times of having guilds and comanders that actually cared about defense – we have some of those still, but as soon as the blob forms up, they’re all alone with 10-15 guys. Is lootbags all that ppl care for these days? :/

Gl in future match ups, Viz/Sfr/Abbadon would be nice zerg fest, for Gandara, maybe your usual lower/mid tier enemies and to Deso – well, maybe a good beating from strong enemies would be nice and teach some ppl to blob less

From our side we could say the same. This evening we were only 20 People and what do you Crydara Guys You blob. Do not throw Stones while sitting in a Glashouse. I also never seen Your normal Groups infight you ever run away and came back with 2 other Groups. And if You fight against us You lay down. An by the way we dont kill Solo Players if they dont attack us.

1. You’re replying to a Desolation player, not Gandara.
2. Everybody blobs at times. In my experience though, blobbing is the norm on AM, whereas on Gandara we have many smaller guilds that mostly run separately. EB though is, of course, fair game, and we have the occasional karma train hopping between maps.
3. This bit is unclear but it sounds like you’re suggesting that we run away and come back with another guild? If we’re heavily outnumbered, of course we’ll accept some assistance. Usually though, it’s just that we gravitate towards where the fights are. And we (I’m pretty confident I can say this for most Gandaran guilds) usually only run away, er, tactically retreat from fights where we are severely outnumbered (we’re not going to just give you our lootbags, and spawn is far away and my legs are tired) or to try and draw out some overextenders.
4. I’ve been ganked on my own plenty of times so just who are you speaking for?

Xander Moss
Gandara

(edited by eremos.8142)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eugenides.1274

Eugenides.1274

Can we all please stop acting like “our” server is the messiah server that doesn’t blob or take on uneven fights? Every match-up thread is the same thing and it’s getting tiring.

Every server blobs. Every server ganks people in unfair fights. WvW is always going to be unfair in one way or another, so save your breath.

Attolis – Beyond the Wall [Crow]
Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sylosis.7125

Sylosis.7125

Hai,
I was leading the DiVa raid last night and I’d like to address some of the stuff said.

I guess they called you when we wiped your allies and they failed to wipe us even with more numbers, we had lost alot of our ranged at this point also & you had spawn advantage so GG for trying to make you sound better than you are.

You guessed wrong. I do not recall anybody asking me/us for help. But I see how you could think that since we had fortunate timing more than once. I am not sure which fight you are referring to when you mention spawn advantage but iirc we had more than one encounter – at least one of which was in NW camp, wasn’t it?

I’m bad at counting so I won’t even try to guesstimate your size but I’m more than happy to take your word for it as I am sure you’ll take my word for what is stated above.

I do agree however we blobbed you when you pushed up north as DVG were tagged up and started an event…..although your tactics were very bad, you didnt push in with both of your guild groups…..had you done so you may have been better off.

Again, I am not sure which encounter you are specifically refering to. In general,
I don’t like to steal fights and I don’t like fights stolen from me. So I usually wait politely to see if the fight has somewhat even odds and if the numbers change. In the NW-camp encounter I thought I saw a significant amount of reinforcements arriving for your side which is when I decided to push. It turned out not to be as many as I had thought – I am terrible at counting.

Since it’s hard to communicate via chat while we’re fighting my decision to help or not to help other guilds is largely based on gut-feeling. That means that they might sometimes be cross with me for watching them wipe even tough they would’ve appreciated my help and sometimes they might be cross with me for ruining a nice fight (we do care deeply about nice fights ). I know I feel that way sometimes.

Let’s all calm down a bit

EDIT: Oh, I see you were talking about that short encounter in ruins. Maybe that wasn’t clear to everyone who read your post :S. I am pretty sure Denied wasn’t thinking of that particular fight from that night. I doubt that anybody would’ve been too reluctant to notice the significant amount of non-[DiVa]s pew-pewing there that I did not seem like that many when I decided to engage – but again, I am seriously bad at counting. That one was certainly not a fight I’d brag about.

I was only talking about the ruins fight mate, glad you realized this now. anyway check out the video, note we were fighting in the ruins for alot longer than when the video/recording was started.

I was not leading in this raid btw, im sure you will agree we did pretty well considering lack of local waypoint, numbers and superior endless encounters. …AM ….and your grousp of CNTK , puggies and yoruselves.

NW encounter you should of pushed with both groups but i understand now you may have felt you didn’t want to interrupt another guild if you thought they could handle themselves…….. maybe next time when/if we encounter in a match -up we could set-up a GVG. Take care bro.

(edited by Sylosis.7125)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Again thanks to Jie (dont remember full name) and Emma Bunny from Deso for the fun we had, you guys are great Deso players..
Also thanks for the night crew joining my first pug-commanding in Gandara (since I came from FSP) and the nice defense we did, hell we still have our keep t3 cuz we can.. It was a nice long assault on Durios by Deso this night/morning!

Cheers

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in Match-ups

Posted by: oblivious.8074

oblivious.8074

An by the way we dont kill Solo Players if they dont attack us.

HA! Yeah right.

Main: Combustible Lemon – Asura Engineer
on Piken Square and Gandara.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nauda.3678

Nauda.3678

Can we all please stop acting like “our” server is the messiah server that doesn’t blob or take on uneven fights? Every match-up thread is the same thing and it’s getting tiring.

Every server blobs. Every server ganks people in unfair fights. WvW is always going to be unfair in one way or another, so save your breath.

^THIS

But as someone who has to listen to billions of things about “Blobbadon” for the last months i kinda doubt that this will ever happen… sadly.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Norreka.8407

Norreka.8407

Eventvideo of yesterdays funevent on Abaddon named “Norn ONLY”. Maybe you saw us

in Match-ups

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

Well I hope to never ever meet you again Deso, all zerker, EB full of emote warriors, just now I got 4v1’d and they even had to resort to knocking me off the cliff to kill me, running away whenever low health and coming back, and then mass dancing and laughing on my corpse… so kittening classy.

These kind of people let your server down :/ the fact that there are so many of them as well…

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

(edited by Immolator.5640)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Spent atleast 60 hours commanding this matchup and it’s been a blast even if we had to resort to PvD most the week due to lack of numbers worth fighting haha. Let’s hope everyone get’s a better matchup this week.

Thanks for all the loot, fights and tears, was fun. o7

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in Match-ups

Posted by: icey.7368

icey.7368

Thank you deso was a nice week …maybe next time we meet we will have a better coveridge keep up the good work keep in touch special thanks for the scrims
All the best from the yaks

[YaK] Gandara EU- WvW officer
SeverGvG: www.ThisIsGandara.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

This weird match up is finally over. Gandara has a lot of small 5-8 man teams running similar builds seen in spvp, but very little solo roamers besides the typical thieves every single server has. But I guess it must be a bit boring for the zerg type of players as Desolation is used to fight against higher quality zergs e.g. The Good Old Days [GD], VII [VII], Melenya [MyA], Golden Horde [GH] or the massive server wide blobs (100 + golems) SFR is doing every morning. The Dark Alliance [TDA] appeared the best guild from Gandara (sorry for my short observation cycle).

For 3rd week in a row Desolation WvWvW player numbers have been really low compared to 1 month ago. I would have not expected to have outnumbered “buff” on us so often against rank 11 and 14.

Well played enemy! Good numbers from you.

Good luck!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Columbo.5924

Columbo.5924

Yeah, I saw some really good small scale guilds from Gandara (especially BT and DYE) that had very good players and an amazing teamplay.

I also understand the guys that claimed that this week was the worst ever. I think etherblade farming pulled a lot of potential WvW players into PvE champion farming. I also don’t think i had much good fights. We were either largely outnumbered or we largely outmanned the enemy.

To me it also seems like there is also a real tendency towards “farming” in WvW. I don’t think i have ever seen so much wooden keeps and so much color changing ever before. It seemed a bit like: whatever karma train ran there changed colors for a few minutes just to see it capped by another server. I must admit I also ran in the Karma-Train (or should we call it Farm-Event?) when there was one. I just hit the birthday booster, went into cruise control, followed the blue mark on the map and saw my WvW rank grow. Did you encounter the same, or am I the only one that was affected by this “farming” behaviour?

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

It is now officially Farmville wars zzzzzzzzzz not GW2 mate

Lurch
Gandara