Desolation / Miller's Sound / Kodash 2/8/13

in Match-ups

Posted by: Edward.7362

Edward.7362

Surprise! ;-)
I really enjoyed this 3-server battle! Although I am not sure who won, I think all retreated at some point. ^^

Attachments:

Desolation EU
Shandaara – elementalist, Liiana Iceclaw – warrior
Sir Edward Ironwing – guardian, Infinius Black – necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cottage Pie.6215

Cottage Pie.6215

ACs on gates is something we faced alot against Piken, it forces you to either actively scout a tower and spam the gate (using superior AC) or lose vast amounts of siege inside.

Alot of what looks like zoomhacking, window aspect for example, isn’t, but it is certainly going on – when an AC without a legit LOS shoots cleanly ontop of walls for example.

Taua Roqa – Desolation since day minus 3

~~~My Elite PvP Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xOsNW7zTA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarth.1760

Tarth.1760

Thank you Kodash for an awesome fight in your garrison, you guys drop fantastic loot!

Attachments:

Observance
Officer of [FG] Forsaken Gamers

in Match-ups

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Kodash garrison today was a flippin legendary fight! Amazing defense put up by kodash, you guys did not give up at all. I have never seen things get focus repaired like that before. Your defensive effort made it one of the best keep captures i’ve been apart of. Hoping for some more great fights for objectives like that the rest of the week

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Thank you Kodash for an awesome fight in your garrison, you guys drop fantastic loot!

Congrats mate! I also got 4 of my precursors from WvW. Dont spread the word, or CoF-Lemmings will be all over the place.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

Congrats mate! I also got 4 of my precursors from WvW. Dont spread the word, or CoF-Lemmings will be all over the place.

Please do! More lootbags! I’m still waiting for my precursor drop

Anyway, had a ton of fun today! But kitten you buka guys are tough, very hard to get you guys haha! But good fights!

Sincerely, one of [EXG]’s S/P thieves.

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

in Match-ups

Posted by: PsYcHoSeAn.4835

PsYcHoSeAn.4835

That fight in Kodash garrison was really amazing. An hour of intense back and forth action…and you guys put up a really solid defense.

Thanks for this awesome evening.

Just another hammer swinging warrior from [INVI] on Desolation.

in Match-ups

Posted by: CorliCorso.6254

CorliCorso.6254

I’d rather be up against servers with a night-time presence, but you can only compete against what’s in front of you. The day we start running away from fair fights we’ll be Viz, not ’cos of anything else.

(edited by CorliCorso.6254)

in Match-ups

Posted by: noddan.2035

noddan.2035

I’m not very active on the forums so much anymore but just wanna say that I really underestimated both Millers and Kodash. Two servers that I really enjoy fighting against, gotten some really good fights both on Borderlands and EB. Also you have some very good small roaming squads that keeps us occupied during night/early morning.

And yeah, we will never run away from fair fights Even tho we play for points and we do it cause we think its fun, we will still value a good fight. And yeah, some people think points is a fun way to play wvw !:)

Have fun and keep fighting! / DVG

[OP] – Óne Pulse – Guild Leader & Raid leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: MistMirage.4706

MistMirage.4706

Desolation shouldn’t be so proud to win fights against mostly bad coordinated pugs of Kodash. Most of the time we have outmanned buff. We are no challenge for you anymore.
But you should have respect at least.
Some actions of your guild groups like FG seems to have only one goals “loot bags”. The last days on Millersund – only Kodash was FG target, at least it seems so.

I don’t believe you. Yesterday entering on EB, looking that Deso trying flip SM. So, while I’m going to our commander I meet 3 Kodash ganking groups. 3+3+5=11ppl. So while you defending SM and your friends sitting in a queue on EB, this guys who were not able to learn pvp and win any spvp tournament desided to gank single players. They even do not flip nearest camps because are afraid that they will be noticed. And it’s a not random pugs, it’s a big guilds who regularly write here at a forum. You lost SM and your commander have been killed, but it’s was very difficult to do and if that 11ppl helps you, you would have won. So the case is not the number of ppl but the fact that some ppl choose to amuse their self-esteem.
And do not say that “it’s just a pugs”. Kodash is DE server, Deso is EU so pugs on Deso mach more but when commander asks for help I have never seen such indifference as on Kodash.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

i have to say that i really enjoy the matchup so far. great battles on all fields. keep the spirit up!

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I don’t believe you. Yesterday entering on EB, looking that Deso trying flip SM. So, while I’m going to our commander I meet 3 Kodash ganking groups. 3+3+5=11ppl. So while you defending SM and your friends sitting in a queue on EB, this guys who were not able to learn pvp and win any spvp tournament desided to gank single players. They even do not flip nearest camps because are afraid that they will be noticed. And it’s a not random pugs, it’s a big guilds who regularly write here at a forum.

I can confirm that Kodash has a lot of these ganking teams and Miller’s has a few of them as well, on borderlands maps. They have same guild tags, so they are definitely not PuGs and I can even see the same players playing in those ganking teams day after another.

They sometimes take a supply camp or NPCs, but mostly just snipe enemy players. Some of them are actually good players and could do well in spvp, but personally I don’t have much respect against gankers. But let them have their “fun”. It only hurts solo roamers like me. And even then if I need to pay a <2 silver repair bill once per 2 hours, what does it matter? Oh wait a minute, I didn’t need to pay anything, because we were outnumbered on that map.

Many of the enemy gankers are playing such builds, which are great for dueling and small scale, but would suck in a huge zerg. For comparison, I always balanced builds (not optimal for anything, but will do okay in any setting).

Kodash and Miller have huge number of players. The reason for their loss is not the numbers. They are losing because they prefer ganking over the objectives, which give their server some points. And once the enemy has huge lead in points (like Desolation now has) the merry weathers go back to pve.

Desolation is mostly a PuG server, but we got sustain. You gank and overrun us, but we keep on fighting. We still need to work on many other issues, but our internal forums are the right place for such discussion.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

I don’t believe you. Yesterday entering on EB, looking that Deso trying flip SM. So, while I’m going to our commander I meet 3 Kodash ganking groups. 3+3+5=11ppl. So while you defending SM and your friends sitting in a queue on EB, this guys who were not able to learn pvp and win any spvp tournament desided to gank single players. They even do not flip nearest camps because are afraid that they will be noticed. And it’s a not random pugs, it’s a big guilds who regularly write here at a forum.

I can confirm that Kodash has a lot of these ganking teams and Miller’s has a few of them as well, on borderlands maps. They have same guild tags, so they are definitely not PuGs and I can even see the same players playing in those ganking teams day after another.

They sometimes take a supply camp or NPCs, but mostly just snipe enemy players. Some of them are actually good players and could do well in spvp, but personally I don’t have much respect against gankers. But let them have their “fun”. It only hurts solo roamers like me. And even then if I need to pay a <2 silver repair bill once per 2 hours, what does it matter? Oh wait a minute, I didn’t need to pay anything, because we were outnumbered on that map.

Many of the enemy gankers are playing such builds, which are great for dueling and small scale, but would suck in a huge zerg. For comparison, I always balanced builds (not optimal for anything, but will do okay in any setting).

Kodash and Miller have huge number of players. The reason for their loss is not the numbers. They are losing because they prefer ganking over the objectives, which give their server some points. And once the enemy has huge lead in points (like Desolation now has) the merry weathers go back to pve.

Desolation is mostly a PuG server, but we got sustain. You gank and overrun us, but we keep on fighting. We still need to work on many other issues, but our internal forums are the right place for such discussion.

Yes all those teams do is farm solos. All the time. They never block zergs or sneak towers and keeps ever.

Also Deso does not have any groups doing exactly the same.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Match-ups

Posted by: oaagamer.6594

oaagamer.6594

Thank you Miller and Kodash so far from the Candy Shop [CS]

keep fighting and enjoying your plays

Have a candy and buff up <3

Candy
Owner of Candy Shop [CS] and Desolation Commander
Be the change you want to see in the world.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

the center of the aoe ring on the first picture isnt visible from the gate gap though (is it possible to aim through that gap? o.o, wouldnt it have to be right up next to the gate?)?

From that position I could have destroyed your ACs. I don´t know if the area would be exactly the same as in your pic but it comes very close.

I don´t know if it is possible to do with a AC that stands farther away from the gate.

good to know
i didnt see an AC where yours is (the only one i was was at the end of the… wall… thing i was standing on – if i rotated the camera a little to the right then walked backwards and jump down i mean) but i suppose i couldve missed it (or the one i saw could hit the same location)

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lemoncurry.2345

Lemoncurry.2345

Sorry to say it bluntly, but this is nonsense. I don’t know where you get the impression that we sport ‘huge number of players’ with [outnumbered] on 3 of 4 maps even at primetime and no queues whatsoever…

Apart from EoW, Kodash hast not many active bigger WvW guilds left and Random-Zerging/Blobbing (outside EB) during primetime has pretty much ceased to exist because we simply don’t have enough players for that.

The small roaming-teams you see, are the leftovers of more higher-tier, higher-populated WvW-days and mostly compromised of the diehard-WvW-players still active here. They prefer this style of gameplay and usually don’t form bigger groups.

Contrary to popular belief, a small havoc-squad actually can contribute pretty much to the point-score of a server in capping camps before the timer ticks, disrupting enemy supply lines, or doing sneak or diversion attacks. Of course this is only one side of the coin, if you want to win a matchup you also need bigger groups but, well – we don’t have enough of them atm.

I am sorry that you as solo roamer feel the pain of being ganked by small groups of people, but part of a havoc squad’s job is to make the life as miserable as possible for enemy roamers. I can assure you, that we don’t cheer over your dead body on TS (unless you are a thief of course).

Red Illie
Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

(edited by Lemoncurry.2345)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Screenager.7804

Screenager.7804

and just as somebody says a small team can change the course of a map… I’m finally finished pulling together Monday nights WvW raid video

We pretty much ran untagged as a 10 man group on Deso Bl on monday and used that mobility do do loads from pull the enemy zerg around, throw distractions, flip camps and co ordinate ninja takes on keeps. While those of you getting rolled over by large groups might not enjoy that understand playing tactically and your group can 100% have an impact

http://youtu.be/b_3Kr2SE1OU

Screenager
Executed [ExE] – Piken Square
characterselect.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Sorry to say it bluntly, but this is nonsense. I don’t know where you get the impression that we sport ‘huge number of players’ with [outnumbered] on 3 of 4 maps even at primetime and no queues whatsoever…

Well, first 1.5 days of this match up all three servers had good numbers and the score was even during first 24 hours. But I know how it goes. When one sees that enemy has better coverage, a lot of the “merry weather” WvWvw players just go back to pve and hard core stays. This will also probably happen to Desolation when we be facing Visunah and SFR again, but oh those loot bags… Visunah has always been such a good source of them.

Yesterday evening was unusually empty for all 3 servers, because of the patch bringing so much new content. I mean Queen’s Jubilee and especially the Crown Pavilion. Desolation had constantly overflows to there and huge number of players farming the events there. I am sure this affected the numbers for all servers.

Yesterday TLA raid started at Kodash BL, but then we hopped to Desolation BL, because there wasn’t enough resistance. We tried to avoid blobbing together with DVG, who was also running in the same map. We used different TS channels, as we wanted to practice playing on own our. I feel sorry for the enemy, which we facerolled with bigger numbers. Yes, I can admit when we have bigger numbers. But I also feel TLA was running very nicely. It was interesting to see home some Miller teams fight, especially Ponys Will Never Die [NO].

I mostly solo roam as an engineer. But lately warrior has also been much fun. Thief feels like using a cheat mode.

I hope Kodash will get their numbers back and some easier match ups. I heard you lost some guilds, like KoA.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Clloydio.3524

Clloydio.3524

This doesn’t seem fair: how did you guys get up there?

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Well Kodash sure knows a lot how/where the siege can be placed

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jue.6493

Jue.6493

Thank you for the awesome GvG [NO] from millers. My apologies for GoD interfering with the GvG matches. Some people just lack respect.

in Match-ups

Posted by: noddan.2035

noddan.2035

Today has been a strange day, have barely seen any kodash or millers

[OP] – Óne Pulse – Guild Leader & Raid leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

Broski

in Match-ups

Posted by: iiMulch.2138

iiMulch.2138

Thank you for the awesome GvG [NO] from millers. My apologies for GoD interfering with the GvG matches. Some people just lack respect.

Your welcome it was a fun GvG we basically wiped them out in 1.5 seconds.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Merc The Forgotten.5610

Merc The Forgotten.5610

Yeah i also expected more of a challenge it was quite dissapointing.

Greetings from GoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maja.6372

Maja.6372

This doesn’t seem fair: how did you guys get up there?

You can get on the walls surrounding the north supply camp only from spawn

(edited by Maja.6372)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

I won’t likely be back on here before reset so id like to say a few things:

I have to admit there has been no honour gained in leading this weeks match up apparently were in completely different leagues when it comes to overall server strenght. Despite this i take my hat off to MS the small server in comparison with little coverage but with a ferocious fighting spirit i hope we never have to face you guys again any time soon this was not fun for any of us in the long run, and to Kodash who unfortunately are not as strong as they once were i hope you regain your strength and keep your chins up it feels like only yesterday we shared the same fate, most of us have felt your pain but stick with your community and rise from the ashes and become stronger from the ordeal i do hope we meet again when you’re in better shape.

So to summarise this week has been Kitten for mostly everyone but i hope people found some enjoyment in some form and i wish you all the best.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gurkytier.7804

Gurkytier.7804

I have to say that i hoped to get some nice fights against some guilds from Deso and Kodash… but at the end we only had some hard fights against FG where they kicked our kitten most of the time. But besides of the fights with FG there were no longer ones. Most of the time half of the enemys drop like low lvls and the others started running.
Sure you gave us some longer fights when you got 2-3 times more players then us with 2 or 3 different groups. And I dont say that we didnt wiped.. but you cant say that we were no enemys for you!!

Most of the week we was on Miller-homemap with 18-24 people.

greetings
Chieftain Schnatt [oO]

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

I have to say that i hoped to get some nice fights against some guilds from Deso and Kodash… but at the end we only had some hard fights against FG where they kicked our kitten most of the time. But besides of the fights with FG there were no longer ones. Most of the time half of the enemys drop like low lvls and the others started running.
Sure you gave us some longer fights when you got 2-3 times more players then us with 2 or 3 different groups. And I dont say that we didnt wiped.. but you cant say that we were no enemys for you!!

Most of the week we was on Miller-homemap with 18-24 people.

greetings
Chieftain Schnatt [oO]

Can be true since Guilds from desolation are stuck to a map for a week, so you wont fight other guilds on Miller-map than the ones that choosed to be there that week. (As far I know).

The guild I am in didn’t had any action the whole week on our borderlands (most of the times, at raid times.). Think that I made this week ~700 kills with the raids. Before I made that much kills in 1 day

Besides all that, I think it wasn’t that bad. ^^

Asuran race is the best… +
Fluttershy #1 :)

in Match-ups

Posted by: airshade.9481

airshade.9481

we where just karaoking and playing some wvw :P watch how we roll!

http://youtu.be/eHOchCP-g5o most epic pain train ever (desolation server guild: DVG the desolation vanguard)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

we where just karaoking and playing some wvw :P watch how we roll!

http://youtu.be/eHOchCP-g5o most epic pain train ever (desolation server guild: DVG the desolation vanguard)

That was actually fun ye lol

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

First pain train of the week, and sent the matchup out with a bang hehe. Thanks for all the small scale fights this week Kodash & Millers, and may the matchup gods be kind to you. Much respect for you guys

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Moon.6371

Moon.6371

Thank you for the past week, guys. It was a pleasure, hope your larger guilds didn`t get too bored, Millers should`ve provided some action in that regard.

Best of luck for your next matchup.

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

in Match-ups

Posted by: NYRKKIPAULA.8051

NYRKKIPAULA.8051

too bad i got banned for 3 days for a silly character name :< love you Buka guys <3