Desolation vs Gandara vs Riverside 6/9

in Match-ups

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Great fights from Diva tonight!! You guys are excellent fighters, most fun i’ve had all week was fighting you guys

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Match-ups

Posted by: climbatize.8729

climbatize.8729

Cheers to secnd for the one fight we got , was fun =)

TDA

in Match-ups

Posted by: eremos.8142

eremos.8142

Great fights from Diva tonight!! You guys are excellent fighters, most fun i’ve had all week was fighting you guys

The feeling is entirely mutual. Was definitely the highlight of our raid.

Xander Moss
Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

omg on EB, scnd guild why did you keep focus me (TOYS) there was enough other players around you.. but you chase me and jump on my body lol! Not Nice!

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SabreWalrus.8647

SabreWalrus.8647

Cheers to secnd for the one fight we got , was fun =)

It was awesome spur of the moment smallscale, thanks for it! As I said, our TS was almost as intense as some of our GvG’s

omg on EB, scnd guild why did you keep focus me (TOYS) there was enough other players around you.. but you chase me and jump on my body lol! Not Nice!

We only do this to very special players. Somebody in our guild recognised you <3

Zacharus, Warrior.
Second Law.

(edited by SabreWalrus.8647)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

6 of us at a camp …. 40 deso came
6 of us at a tower …. 40 deso came

blob blob blob
go blob yourself.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

at the end we were pretty nerve wracked ^^ it was just to much tension.
the balance you have found is beyond melee balling and priceless. pls keep up so we`re able to see each other againand all the best wishes.

cheers man, we had fun. it was our first time doing organized 5v5s in wvw so we had to experiment a bit. I have to admit, we were really struggling when we only had 1 guardian, things went much smoother with 2.

we are going to try and get some more of this 5v5s, but guilds like yours are a rare thing. <3

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Match-ups

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

blob blob blob
go blob yourself.

as does the reverse happen
anyone who complains of another server ‘blobbing’ in this thread is an idiot (ive seen all three servers with big blobs)

… also highlight of this morning… by speldan i got a riverside charr warr with hellfire gear and predator to run from me on my uplevelled engi… it was absolutely hilarious

edit
have some screenshots

Attachments:

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

(edited by Linguistically Inept.6583)

in Match-ups

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

i don’t often say this, but this was probably the worst week i’ve ever ran in wvw… 1 server that does absolutely nothing but building 25 arrow carts in a keep and barely dares to actually meet your zerg in a fight, unless they outnumber you madly, and on the other side gandara that does nothing unless there is absolutely no activity on the enemy side of the map.

only credit this week goes out to [Scnd], very strong guild that must have had an even more boring week than me
and TDA gets added to my little personal hall of shame, for waiting in front of deso garri and repeatedly jump 1 guy with the 5-10 guys they had, and then eventually die when 5-10 pugs arrive.

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

JDGE versus EXG GvG video, stopped recording when people started to dc and forgot to turn it back on so missed some fights :< I hope you guys have them all, would be nice to see what got us killed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kn9n634jnKA

If the video is blocked in your country due the music ’n stoof, use hidemyass.com and enjoy!

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Match-ups

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

blob blob blob
go blob yourself.

anyone who complains of another server ‘blobbing’ in this thread is an idiot (ive seen all three servers with big blobs)

it is true that every server has its own blob, the problem is when a server has nothing else, and when that blob has nothing better to do than chase after 1 guild group…

We had 2 weeks with desolation and I hope we won’t see it anymore.
It’s not fun to find only blobs and see ppl running when they outnumber you just a little bit.

Few decent players, but too few compared to mindless blobbers.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phule.1968

Phule.1968

i don’t often say this, but this was probably the worst week i’ve ever ran in wvw… 1 server that does absolutely nothing but building 25 arrow carts in a keep and barely dares to actually meet your zerg in a fight, unless they outnumber you madly, and on the other side gandara that does nothing unless there is absolutely no activity on the enemy side of the map.

only credit this week goes out to [Scnd], very strong guild that must have had an even more boring week than me
and TDA gets added to my little personal hall of shame, for waiting in front of deso garri and repeatedly jump 1 guy with the 5-10 guys they had, and then eventually die when 5-10 pugs arrive.

It’s got to suck to be you. :P

Where’s my X-ray goggles when I need em?

in Match-ups

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

This has been a pretty crappy week, all in all. I’d like to log on and not see the Overpowered icon. Just blob after blob… It’s not their fault, though, that they have the numbers and we don’t. What else are they to do? People follow the tag.

I suspect Desolation folk would like a better matched opponent as well.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: ClickHereToRespawn.7310

ClickHereToRespawn.7310

and on the other side gandara that does nothing unless there is absolutely no activity on the enemy side of the map.

That’s about as not true as it can get, not even funny.

and barely dares to actually meet your zerg in a fight, unless they outnumber you madly,

Huh, pot kettle eh? These two weeks all I’ve seen is Deso blobs avoiding the fight at all costs unless they have at least 1.5×. Even fights = owned. Talking about pugs vs pugs of course.

Bjorn Star [WvW] | Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: KaMiKaZe.1874

KaMiKaZe.1874

blob blob blob
go blob yourself.

… also highlight of this morning… by speldan i got a riverside charr warr with hellfire gear and predator to run from me on my uplevelled engi… it was absolutely hilarious

edit
have some screenshots

You’re a really funny guy posting pictures of EB zerg/blobb. Love when people does that because everyone knows that EB is blobland.

and its funny when most of the time both other servers has 2:1 in EB aswell

72.000 Kills in WvW
Leader of [DiVa]Dius Vanguard
FSV + Dius = DiVa

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jue.6493

Jue.6493

The match-up has been quite stale this week in terms of finding good fights but to be fair that is what I expected. Props to [Scnd] for playing on the same border as us all week, it would of surely been boring without you guys. Also thanks for the GvG, wishing you the best in the future if GvG’s are still around and hopefully guilds will grow a sack and accept your challenges.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

To [Irae] at dawns tower on Deso bl last night Hi from the Asura guardian scout you pulled off the AC and cheers for setting off my Supply trap i was getting worried it would despawn till you showed up

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

To [Irae] at dawns tower on Deso bl last night Hi from the Asura guardian you pulled off the AC and cheers for setting off my Supply trap i was getting worried it would despawn till you showed up

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Sounds (and match score looks) like Deso played the underdog role in matches now for to long (and you played it well) and is stuck in the opportunity mode. But this is only adequate, if you are the underdog, if you are (were) the the favorite you have to press for victory. Good Luck (re-)learning it

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in Match-ups

Posted by: stiello.1875

stiello.1875

Yesterday really a good night from desolation! Had great fights on Deso borders against Riverside! But still did not understand why you rivers had to call all the people to deso after we won a few battles?

And @gandarra this matchup there was only one server blobbing for like most of the time… but if you had some backbone you guys would het tried to go for riverside aswell. Only thing you did was trolling around on our server.

@gandra flaming us on blobbing etc no fair fights bladiblaa, if you guys had some backbone you would have gone fighting at riverside aswell… i mostly seen your map in riverside colors. And if you are realistic the server with the biggest groups this matchup had been Riverside.

I had fun and riverside I hope we meet again!

Attachments:

(edited by stiello.1875)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Good job Riverside! You really know how to defend your stuff, Desolation can learn from that but we only have assault squads, and maybe the best in EU.

But only assaulting wont make us enough points, and that shows in the score. You guys showed us again the weakness of Desolation and that is morning and afternoon! But for a tagged EU server on server selection, should only EU players play it but that is my personal opinion.

I wonder how Vizunah vs Riverside will be, Trebs vs Trebs and no one on the battlefield? haha

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in Match-ups

Posted by: stiello.1875

stiello.1875

Good job Riverside! You really know how to defend your stuff, Desolation can learn from that but we only have assault squads, and maybe the best in EU.

But only assaulting wont make us enough points, and that shows in the score. You guys showed us again the weakness of Desolation and that is morning and afternoon! But for a tagged EU server on server selection, should only EU players play it but that is my personal opinion.

I wonder how Vizunah vs Riverside will be, Trebs vs Trebs and no one on the battlefield? haha

When we have people we defended a lot on desolation, and seen Riverside running in like Zombies in our gerrison walking towards their Death. But most of the time riverside brought all their force and it became a number 1 attack battle.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

Haven’t recorded any footage of this match-up till last night but let me tell you a tale of three heroes.

There were three Elementalists watching the Second Law onslaught in frustration desolate our brave fighters of Desolation. They took it upon themselves to take action and lead the world while their commander had given up. And so they entered combat, riding into battle on lightning fearing no opponent that stood before them, basking in the eternal glory that long awaited them.

Honor their courageous hearts and soul till the end of time and further.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzknON2ZU_I

Broski

in Match-ups

Posted by: climbatize.8729

climbatize.8729

There was about 20 pugs entierly in between the tower and garrison , and we didnt die we ported away , i got a rule when it comes to wvw fights , i dont chase solo ppl unless they attack us and those were eager to charge in wich helped us to get some practice in those messy fights.

TDA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sylosis.7125

Sylosis.7125

QQ SCND (joke)…….. I think you acknowledged that i held back INVI from interfering when i was commanding a tag down guild raid last night. It was the battle you were having against 2 of deso’s guild groups COIN & GoD i think…near north east bay water edge……..shame you failed to return the favor in ruins….. however you were probably not aware that we had lost numbers and been fighting there for days….so i will let you keep hold of your man points for now. :-). Apologies for not challenging you to a GvG however our squad GvG commander is on holiday for 2 weeks…..minus man points to us :-)

Thankyou to DiVa again for great fights last nite, seems we cant stay away from ruins or each other. :-) just a shame after our epic battle against yourselves ONS and other pug groups we got rushed by SCND, when we had low numbers and were at our lowest point…..anyway great fight and i look forward to fighting against you in the future.

ONS Guild …..even with your low numbers you still stood strong most of the time and did not feel to run away or blob up with other groups (plus man points for you)….just recruit more players and hopefully you will be able to fight us and bigger guild groups in the near future.

(edited by Sylosis.7125)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fizzlefry.1734

Fizzlefry.1734

Thankyou to DiVa again for great fights last nite, seems we cant stay away from ruins or each other. :-)

Love is in the air Singing

TDA

in Match-ups

Posted by: SabreWalrus.8647

SabreWalrus.8647

Haven’t recorded any footage of this match-up till last night but let me tell you a tale of three heroes.

There were three Elementalists watching the Second Law onslaught in frustration desolate our brave fighters of Desolation. They took it upon themselves to take action and lead the world while their commander had given up. And so they entered combat, riding into battle on lightning fearing no opponent that stood before them, basking in the eternal glory that long awaited them.

Honor their courageous hearts and soul till the end of time and further.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzknON2ZU_I

Good sir, you are a hero and a role model for your people.

QQ SCND (joke)…….. I think you acknowledged that i held back INVI from interfering when i was commanding a tag down guild raid last night. It was the battle you were having against 2 of deso’s guild groups COIN & GoD i think…near north east bay water edge……..shame you failed to return the favor in ruins….. however you were probably not aware that we had lost numbers and been fighting there for days….so i will let you keep hold of your man points for now. :-). Apologies for not challenging you to a GvG however our squad GvG commander is on holiday for 2 weeks…..minus man points to us :-)

If we notice a fight going on between 2 guilds we don’t interfere, we probably weren’t aware of the situation. Still, you have my apologies.

Zacharus, Warrior.
Second Law.

(edited by SabreWalrus.8647)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

Epic organised 5v5 with Black Thunders [BT] earlier on today. We started off pretty poorly but we adapted to your continuous burst attacks! Apologies for the couple randoms jumping in… We cant control mentally infirm players

Hope to see you guys soon!

Broski

in Match-ups

Posted by: Overdoze.5071

Overdoze.5071

Really nice 5v5 vs [EXG], awesome and long fights!
Hope to fight with you again in the future.
Best regards from [BT].

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reztek.7805

Reztek.7805

Well congratulations to Riverside for successfully making Desolation look like a combination of Vizunah and Vabbi. We lose every fight with even numbers and then we just have no numbers. Not really sure what has happened to our beloved server.

Nice summary of the last week.

Ranger/Mesmer/Thief/Warrior/Elementalist/Guardian/Engineer/Necromancer/Revenant

in Match-ups

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

But for a tagged EU server on server selection, should only EU players play it but that is my personal opinion.

Just in case you were implying that we would host non-EU players to boost or performance in WvW: I am actually not aware of any non-EU player/guild on Riverside, nor has this ever come up as part of our servers strategy. We currently have [scnd] playing on Riverside, but from my understanding they came from Piken/Baruch and are EU players as well. As far as I can tell, the coverage we have at off-hours is solely due to the dedication of a number of our native Riverside players.

But only assaulting wont make us enough points, and that shows in the score.

Quoted for truth.

We had a number of clashes with Vizunah in the past weeks. In the first match-up, they were eating us alive, plain and simple. Over the course of the next match-ups, we adapted and we are currently only “losing without losing face”, but still with a significant difference of 100k points by the end of the week.

There is only so much you can do against the full force of a server like Vizunah. But I guess we have learned two things: First, you can still deny them what they want to capture by playing a tight defense. Maybe not for a whole week, but still for a long enough period to make a statement. (I remember a siege of Ogrewatch which lasted for at least 4 hours. Vizu was attacking with 4+ trebs, the wall was down to 10% with no supply left at one point, but in the end, we pushed them back.) And second, you can still hurt them by trashing something they hold dear in a focused attack, provide that you server is willing to corporate to reach that goal.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

(edited by MRA.4758)

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

JDGE versus EXG GvG video, stopped recording when people started to dc and forgot to turn it back on so missed some fights :< I hope you guys have them all, would be nice to see what got us killed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kn9n634jnKA

If the video is blocked in your country due the music ’n stoof, use hidemyass.com and enjoy!

Thanks Frou and JDGE for the footage and the GvG despite the interruptions especially those darn Warthogs! I think some of our guys has the entire GvG I’ve only got a few of the rounds in and for the rest of it I didn’t have the best view of the fights while trying to take care of any pugs trying to interrupt.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)