ET/DR/HoD

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

haha no. When I see [bs] I decide to engage or not based on situation. Ive had some bad encounters in the past and ive learned how to deal with guilds like [bs] and [xoxo]. Why not always engage? Its simple, you don’t play for ppt and I do. I don’t have to fight you and I still win. Don’t fight your enemies where they are hardest for minimal/no gain, fight them where they are softest for maximum gain.

I respect the lvl of skill some of your members have for sure, but I don’t really respect your playstyle. I could explain this further if you care but whatever.

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Frozen.3157

Frozen.3157

Does anyone else think MU is one of the worst guilds in the game?

Sincerely,
Detective Miss Winters,
Very Good Detectives [VGD],
We make Devona’s Rest free of crime!

Miss Winters? You are not Mrs. Winters? Perhaps married to a friend of mine?

His name is Winter. And Winter is coming.

Frozen Warrior [VLK]

Hordes of Denravi

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vyceloch.1285

Vyceloch.1285

3 manned hills… So, at least we have that going for us.

<cough>hodshouldbeinsilverleague<cough>

Attachments:

Server – ET
Name – Vycele
Guild – JAWA

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Covered Wars.4380

I Covered Wars.4380

haha no. When I see [bs] I decide to engage or not based on situation. Ive had some bad encounters in the past and ive learned how to deal with guilds like [bs] and [xoxo]. Why not always engage? Its simple, you don’t play for ppt and I do. I don’t have to fight you and I still win. Don’t fight your enemies where they are hardest for minimal/no gain, fight them where they are softest for maximum gain.

I respect the lvl of skill some of your members have for sure, but I don’t really respect your playstyle. I could explain this further if you care but whatever.

Please do

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Justine.6351

Please do

ok, I guess thinking about it I would use a real world comparison.

We got soldiers who fight for objectives and die for them.

We got murderers who kill when its easy and hide when they are being hunted. They have no objective other then to kill for whatever reasons go through their own minds.

you don’t spike players because its of benefit to your server, you spike them cause it makes you feel warm and gooey on the inside.

I spike players defending and capturing objectives trying to help server win.

Does that invalidate your playstyle in wvw? No. My opinion is that its tasteless is all. To that end I choose when to engage [bs] and when to move on to other objectives that are of more benefit. Its unfortunate when I tell someone don’t chase your members that they do so anyhow and get lured into a disadvantage and spiked merely because someone needed an ego boost.

I guess this may seem weird since its just a game but its how I perceive it.

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: losieight.4807

losieight.4807

w3w i am a serial killer

Died with Basic [BS]

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Justine.6351

w3w i am a serial killer

These are the responses I expect to my post not because they don’t understand but because they have to put up a front.

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Covered Wars.4380

I Covered Wars.4380

Please do

We got murderers who kill when its easy and hide when they are being hunted. They have no objective other then to kill for whatever reasons go through their own minds.

you don’t spike players because its of benefit to your server, you spike them cause it makes you feel warm and gooey on the inside.

Does that invalidate your playstyle in wvw? No. My opinion is that its tasteless is all. To that end I choose when to engage [bs] and when to move on to other objectives that are of more benefit. Its unfortunate when I tell someone don’t chase your members that they do so anyhow and get lured into a disadvantage and spiked merely because someone needed an ego boost.

Interesting opinion.
I’m curious could you explain to me the fun of capturing objectives and ppt? What is it that you do when playing WvW exactly? (you may not do this but I am assuming you follow a zerg with a commander or something like that but I am probably wrong.)

Like besides having your server win due to a point system what is fun about capturing and holding these objectives with siege. I’m being serious and not mean at all, I want to be in your mindset for a minute to see what makes you tick, because I don’t see what is fun about pvdoor or avoiding PvP in a PvP type game mode.

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Justine.6351

Please do

Interesting opinion.
I’m curious could you explain to me the fun of capturing objectives and ppt? What is it that you do when playing WvW exactly? (you may not do this but I am assuming you follow a zerg with a commander or something like that but I am probably wrong.)

Like besides having your server win due to a point system what is fun about capturing and holding these objectives with siege. I’m being serious and not mean at all, I want to be in your mindset for a minute to see what makes you tick, because I don’t see what is fun about pvdoor or avoiding PvP in a PvP type game mode.

I prefer roaming solo on my BL defending. But with guard lines being so expensive ive zerged quite a lot lately with my b-day boosters. Hoping to max those two lines and build master so I can lay those stealth traps super fast as a tactic against thieves while roaming ;-)

You say pvdoor negatively and wanting pvp more in wvw but whats pvpish about ganking noobs in other peoples borderlands? Besides, if you want hardcore pvp there is spvp. Ive seen guilds defend their spawn points camp and taking out whoever trys to recap and that’s cool, but roaming just to find something to kill? That isn’t pvp and it isn’t a benefit to your wvw server score (don’t say bloodlust is the reason…).
Guess this is my mindset biased coming from me. I wasn’t there in the described massacre by [bs] today but if you were actually defending something that’s cool too. Im talking about the [bs] I see running around not caping stuff, just spiking green arrows in my bl.

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

lol this from the server that built ac’s and ballis right on the steps of our citadel to the north camp and then had their thieves, engies and hammer warrior parked right outside the blue gate.

Out of curiosity, when was that because I saw HoD players doing the same thing at the same spot on our Borderlands on Sunday night. Just wondering who is being a bad influence on who here.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Craig.2403

Craig.2403

Please do

Interesting opinion.

I prefer roaming solo on my BL defending. But with guard lines being so expensive ive zerged quite a lot lately with my b-day boosters. Hoping to max those two lines and build master so I can lay those stealth traps super fast as a tactic against thieves while roaming ;-)

You say pvdoor negatively and wanting pvp more in wvw but whats pvpish about ganking noobs in other peoples borderlands? Besides, if you want hardcore pvp there is spvp. Ive seen guilds defend their spawn points camp and taking out whoever trys to recap and that’s cool, but roaming just to find something to kill? That isn’t pvp and it isn’t a benefit to your wvw server score (don’t say bloodlust is the reason…).
Guess this is my mindset biased coming from me. I wasn’t there in the described massacre by [bs] today but if you were actually defending something that’s cool too. Im talking about the [bs] I see running around not caping stuff, just spiking green arrows in my bl.

sPvP/tPvP is just like WvW just with less people (aka, 8 or 5 respectively) on your team. In sPvP it’s nearly impossible to get with the people you want anyways so what’s the point, so the best you can do is 5. Some guilds (like BS) like to run with more than 5, but less than 20 (TFI is usually 5-15, BS is around that too) so WvW suits them more. Also, sPvP/tPvP is about capture points and to play to win you avoid fights as well. I don’t get what’s fun about running away over and over again just to make points tick. To me, there’s nothing fun about sitting in a keep with a poor old soul just looking for a nice fair fun fight standing outside while you fire a cannon at them. And no matter what you think, there are hundreds of people who play the game with that mindset. In fact, the best guild in the game at open world fights (Red Guard) disbanded because ANet discouraged that type of thinking. Also, GvG derived from people who like that play style.

Granted, there are people like you who think running away and fighting on siege just to make points tick for your server and make you guys win is fun. That type of thinking is fine, as long as you realize it’s not what EVERYONE thinks. Just some food for thought.

Bummkin – ranger | Netherdark – thief | Crescor – mesmer | Gears Up – engi
[TFI]

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lotus.9746

Lotus.9746

Does anyone else think MU is one of the worst guilds in the game?

Sincerely,
Detective Miss Winters,

I believe we should meet.

Sincerely,
Winter
Valkyrie Immortalis [VLK]
We promote fish love

[Ego] Sylvari Ele
Winter

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Saint of Virtue.8329

Saint of Virtue.8329

…. shortened for brevity

Granted, there are people like you who think running away and fighting on siege just to make points tick for your server and make you guys win is fun. That type of thinking is fine, as long as you realize it’s not what EVERYONE thinks. Just some food for thought.

Thought I’d chuck my two cents in the ring. A lot depends on what you are after. I don’t regularly engage [BS] outside of keeps because of a level of respect for them. Me and my shiny disco mace have been wrecked a few times already. Now if I was to gather equal numbers to face them… It would likely be an amount of PUGs. Now if I was to face an organized guild, likely on guild chat, with a pick up group… It would be an easy wipe for you guys. No fun there.

Now I could get an organized group, train for several weeks and then we would become a fair fight. Buuuuuut, that’s a little to much effort for a WvW casual player like myself. I just find it a lot more entertaining to throw myself at enemy hordes, leading a charge into enemy forces. Win or lose, that’s how I get my rush.

As for getting the PPT people, I feel that they get the thrill of “winning” in a battle. A victory is determined not by the quality of fights but by how far ahead your server is. And winning is a thrill in and of itself. Just depends what you are after.

Reuna Thanauf
Leader of Reun Cala Roora (RCRO)
Proud Denravian… Most of the time.

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Greydead.5713

Greydead.5713

GvGs anyone? Duels? Come on hit us up! <3

Whens the next duel? I’m down for one! <3

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

lol this from the server that built ac’s and ballis right on the steps of our citadel to the north camp and then had their thieves, engies and hammer warrior parked right outside the blue gate.

Out of curiosity, when was that because I saw HoD players doing the same thing at the same spot on our Borderlands on Sunday night. Just wondering who is being a bad influence on who here.

I would have to say ET as the same group did it at the north camp Friday, Saturday and Sunday! Same group, same mo. In fact we can almost guarantee now that shortly after midnight my time (mst) if ET takes the north camp, that there will be siege set up and people waiting outside the blue door.

Edit: They are the same group that caps a tower (either se or sw) and waits inside to try and farm us. If we do not bite on the tower they will go and camp the north supply.

Theftwind (HoD)

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

To [BS]:

Don’t get all [PAXA] on us… Some people like to play Trebuchet Wars Arrowcart Wars Golem Rush Race with siege to take keeps. Also, unless there is a real focused PvP group (like yourself), it’s almost obvious that you guys will win… It’s the same as wiping the big PUG zergs with a big stack and pop mights/stability groups WvW focused guild.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

losieight.4807

kitten , BS should be offended being called PAXA

Died with Basic [BS]

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

kitten , BS should be offended being called PAXA

lol, sorry… That’s the first guild that come to my mind when talking about “screw objectives, go for kills”.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

losieight.4807

Plus, I am pretty sure BS spent a lot of time today defending the south towers and camps they captured on HoD BL and that was after they took all of DR’s towers and keeps lol. is that enough ppt?

Died with Basic [BS]

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

Guys back on track… Why Anet Putting PVE kitten in my WvW?!!?

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Justine.6351

guess I shouldn’t type so much as it doesn’t get read/comprehended. TL/DR at its best.

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: leviN.4390

leviN.4390

Guys back on track… Why Anet Putting PVE kitten in my WvW?!!?

coz ANet can’t differentiate between WvW to PvE to PvP to GvG

apparently we all need carrot on stick in order to enjoy ourselves

Seraph Siegfried – BoM – Guild Leader
The beating continues until order is restored
http://brotherwood.enjin.com/

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

I would have to say ET as the same group did it at the north camp Friday, Saturday and Sunday! Same group, same mo. In fact we can almost guarantee now that shortly after midnight my time (mst) if ET takes the north camp, that there will be siege set up and people waiting outside the blue door.

Seems like a lame strategy to me. Not so much building siege in a taken camp or tower, which is a legitimate way to try to hold a site, but ganking people as they walk through the door, relying on the disorientation caused by door and cover provided by the wall. We got rid of the HoD group trying the same thing by exiting down the side hill instead of going through the door and I may start making that my standard way to approach that camp if it’s been taken.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quasi.8096

Quasi.8096

To [BS]:

Don’t get all [PAXA] on us… Some people like to play Trebuchet Wars Arrowcart Wars Golem Rush Race with siege to take keeps. Also, unless there is a real focused PvP group (like yourself), it’s almost obvious that you guys will win… It’s the same as wiping the big PUG zergs with a big stack and pop mights/stability groups WvW focused guild.

I laughed when I saw the “stack and pop mights/stability groups” cause BS is very unorganized, we’re not like other groups that ball up, atk, back off, stack fields, repeat. We just run in and atk who we want, and call out low targets.

As for an early post about going SPvP or TPvP, I just can’t do it, I don’t like the 3 point capture game mode, now if it was like a team death match, or just 1 point that moved spots every few mins, then I would probably consider it over wvw, since wvw is usually get zerged, zerg a player or find no action. In cases there’s no action we flip camps/towers hoping it’ll draw attention.

Exinyo – Elementalist
Basic[BS] – Eredon Terrace

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

To [BS]:

I laughed when I saw the “stack and pop mights/stability groups” cause BS is very unorganized, we’re not like other groups that ball up, atk, back off, stack fields, repeat. We just run in and atk who we want, and call out low targets.

As for an early post about going SPvP or TPvP, I just can’t do it, I don’t like the 3 point capture game mode, now if it was like a team death match, or just 1 point that moved spots every few mins, then I would probably consider it over wvw, since wvw is usually get zerged, zerg a player or find no action. In cases there’s no action we flip camps/towers hoping it’ll draw attention.

Ah yes, that part was directed to the big zerg guilds who do it constantly… Zerg fights end up being two balls doing that back and forth while under siege fire/cover.

However you guys use PvP oriented builds (at least for 1v1) and know how to kill, which most people that run around do not. I for example, ran a group suport build and would just get mowed down on 1v1. There are also people who are too lazy to change builds and simply run at WvW with their PvE build trying to actually kill somenthing. So, I can say you guys are in a higher level than the majority of the WvW population.

My post was only intented to say that it’s somewhat hard to find groups like BS, which go mostly for fights (and even take stuff in order to draw fights to them). And that most people that actually decide to engage BS are the random peeps or the monstrous zerg (because there aren’t many groups small-scale oriented).

Also, since some people got insulted that I called you PAXA, i’ll call you XOXO on my next post. :-*

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Justine.6351

its nots just bs or their server. I mean it happens on all the servers no doubt including hod where a killer just roams around picking off green arrows cause they cant/wont fight back. But when you get a guild formed around that concept and pretend that’s what real pvp is its kinda hard to respect reguardless of any normal wvw you do solo or group based. ive seen guild groups break open a tower and down the lord and not cap to draw people in. its hilarious and that doesn’t bother me one bit.

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Does anyone else think that 90% of the posts in this thread looks like something out of 2012?

Sincerely,
Detective Miss Winters,

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bennywise.3210

Bennywise.3210

I generally don’t kill uplvl ,but i fill some hod are rolling uplvls because they are winning by alot so on that note i try and kill any hod i come across.

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

I generally don’t kill uplvl ,but i fill some hod are rolling uplvls because they are winning by alot so on that note i try and kill any hod i come across.

The rules are simple: It’s red, it dies, right? People can’t simply come and complain their uplevel got rolled if they are playing a uplevel in WvW in the first place…

Also, I didn’t even mentioned uplevels on my posting because of the above said.

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

its nots just bs or their server. I mean it happens on all the servers no doubt including hod where a killer just roams around picking off green arrows cause they cant/wont fight back. But when you get a guild formed around that concept and pretend that’s what real pvp is its kinda hard to respect reguardless of any normal wvw you do solo or group based. ive seen guild groups break open a tower and down the lord and not cap to draw people in. its hilarious and that doesn’t bother me one bit.

The text in bold do not reflect all your previous posting… I hope you plan to elaborate.

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Justine.6351

The text in bold do not reflect all your previous posting… I hope you plan to elaborate.

I cant force you to read or how to comprehend what I wrote so I will just say this and end my posting.

If its all good, fun and fair then I will return the favor. Think I will even start emoting and hoping on the dead.

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: irishhaf.1692

irishhaf.1692

So sad… an ele and an engineer just ran away from a solo ranger to catch up to their mini zerg…
What a boring matchup…. everybody is afraid to fight unless its traveling in a blob…I expected much better from both Hod and ET, the points don’t matter to me I want some fun fights.

Deritt ranger lv 80 (Un-retired… liking longbow)
Devona Borders (DB)
Devonas rest.

(edited by irishhaf.1692)

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ricepad.5249

Ricepad.5249

What a battle tonight in both Devona’s Rest Borderlands and EBG DR Keep. We tried hard against HoD, but they just kept coming and coming. Enjoyed trying to push them out of our keep.

Velestria Hollowind – Level 80 Shatter Mesmer of Dragonbrand.

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Justine.6351

So sad… an ele and an engineer just ran away from a solo ranger to catch up to their mini zerg…
What a boring matchup…. everybody is afraid to fight unless its traveling in a blob…I expected much better from both Hod and ET, the points don’t matter to me I want some fun fights.

went 2 v 3 against some dr and got leveled. make you feel better?

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: kymaera.4739

kymaera.4739

What a battle tonight in both Devona’s Rest Borderlands and EBG DR Keep. We tried hard against HoD, but they just kept coming and coming. Enjoyed trying to push them out of our keep.

I think that’s the longest that I’ve ever been in a keep battle but it was one of the most fun. Lots of good pushing on both sides with people actually fighting and going back and forth in front of the inner instead of everyone on both sides just standing back either sieging or protecting the sieges. Then, afterwards, some good small scale fights as the blobs dissipated a bit. Kicked some kitten . Got mine kicked a few times (so that’s how a dog feels when it catches a car…). But lots of fun.

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: WonderfulCT.6278

WonderfulCT.6278

Maybe I could SPvP if I found it fun (for more than the daily). Unfortunately I do not, so someone come fight me.

Add more sound effects to The Minstrel plz.

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runamok.9638

Runamok.9638

Enjoyed resetting the entirety of DR BL yesterday evening EST. ET commander tag party did some serious pvdough action. 8 people with 6 tags for the lulz. Seriously, the pvdough action was insane. So many great non-fights flipping those upgraded keeps and towers. It was nice for DR to finally show up to try and retake their Garrison just to get pwned by all the siege we built using all of your supply and then to follow that up by a trouncing by the HoD megazerg. We tried to hold your Garrison DR but those pesky HoD eventually got their Alpha golem up and took us out.

I am at the “let’s have fun” point in this matchup. I just want some sexy funtime with no strings attached. People are getting all serious and frustrated up this bidness. Im not lookin to get all tied down with a mcmansion, 2 suvs, 2.5 kids and 3.5 goldfish. Its time to go out to the club and get crunked and nail some strange kind of week. Seriously lets have some fun the rest of the week ET!

Get crazy, let loose, and relax. And most importantly use protection. You never know what kind of kittens you might run into out their on the battlefield.

-brotha

One Angry Brotha — Stafro Elementalist
Once in a While Mediocre Commander
#ETSummer2014BandWagon

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Devon.9061

Yeah I heard there is some weird fungus going around WvW now…. Go figure

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

I cant force you to read or how to comprehend what I wrote so I will just say this and end my posting.

If its all good, fun and fair then I will return the favor. Think I will even start emoting and hoping on the dead.

Maybe you should read what you wrote on the first place instead of saying that other people didn’t… I’ll give you some key points:

(…)

…Its unfortunate when I tell someone don’t chase your members that they do so anyhow and get lured into a disadvantage and spiked merely because someone needed an ego boost.

Ok, I think those are enough… And all they say the same thing: How much you despite BS, saying they actually do nothing but kill uplevels. (when you actually doesn’t even bother in engaging they).

In the last post you say that it doesn’t bother you. BUT, if it doesn’t bother you, why would you bother (There, I’m using the same word you used) in come here and show all your “hate” (couldn’t find a better word, my english vocabulary is poor) about it? It doesn’t make sense to me…

Also, you’re the one who started this discussion:

Irish, just chill out and have fun dude. I get the feeling you’re getting upset in a game with imaginary towers to get imaginary points for imaginary rewards.

We rarely defend anything because it’s all imaginary. BS generally does things to get into fights and to troll.

[BS] lol. The guys who run around with spvp builds spiking noobs and will kite forever, when they outmatched, until their friends come and outnumber you.

And when you run out of arguments you simply say:

guess I shouldn’t type so much as it doesn’t get read/comprehended. TL/DR at its best.

or

When in fact, all you worte is just a major contradiction… It’s like saying: “Hey people, I don’t care about ppt but my server is winning by double your points, huehuehue!”

Now that I made my point clearer, you might want to make yourself a stand, or simply give up this discussion.

Edit: I forgot to leave my attachment.

Attachments:

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Devon.9061

I don’t know what just happened but I believe this will sum that speech up.

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Hm, no, I think it’s more likely you just had animal sex on the mind.

Gate of Madness

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Devon.9061

Hm, no, I think it’s more likely you just had animal sex on the mind.

Shooo go back to your close matchup. We can talk in two weeks

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Blah blah blah…

I’m confused. You don’t play xPvP because you don’t like the limited nature of the game mode (i.e. point capture), so you play WvW and just choose to take and hold objectives to get people to come and fight you?

Isn’t that basically the same thing?

Or is it that there are no uplevels in xPvP?

Attachments:

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Blah blah blah…

I’m confused. You don’t play xPvP because you don’t like the limited nature of the game mode (i.e. point capture), so you play WvW and just choose to take and hold objectives to get people to come and fight you?

I don’t know if you saw, but I’m not [BS]… So everything you wrote, actually have nothing to do with me… My presence here is merely pointing the flawed arguments presented (just as I said BS was going all PAXA on us in another post).

But since I’m here, I’ll give my input on that too… We have here the argument of a [BS] member:

If you ever played sPvP, you know you can just run around capturing the points without even need to kill a single player to win (I did it myself, plenty of times mind you).

And for what i can see here, BS want people to fight them, but the only ones that actually decided to face BS are either the clueless or the megazerg (which none really matter from them as it will be a massacre or be massacred). sPvP would simply end on the same thing. As people would realize they don’t need to actually fight BS to win the match, they would simply keep running around the control points.

I belive taking points on WvW draw some people attention, which end up on ocasional fights… But unfortunely its either the clueless or the megazerg. Which end up not being what BS actually want.

But that’s just my two cents.

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Blah blah blah…

I don’t know if you saw, but I’m not [BS]… So everything you wrote, actually have nothing to do with me… My presence here is merely pointing the flawed arguments presented (just as I said BS was going all PAXA on us in another post).

But since I’m here, I’ll give my input on that too… We have here the argument of a [BS] member:

If you ever played sPvP, you know you can just run around capturing the points without even need to kill a single player to win (I did it myself, plenty of times mind you).

And for what i can see here, BS want people to fight them, but the only ones that actually decided to face BS are either the clueless or the megazerg (which none really matter from them as it will be a massacre or be massacred). sPvP would simply end on the same thing. As people would realize they don’t need to actually fight BS to win the match, they would simply keep running around the control points.

I belive taking points on WvW draw some people attention, which end up on ocasional fights… But unfortunely its either the clueless or the megazerg. Which end up not being what BS actually want.

But that’s just my two cents.

Lies, that was THREE cents worth at least!!

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

lunyboy.8672

Yada yada yada…

I have been stomped quite a bit by [BS], so I am empirically aware of their objectives. Gank solo roamers, uplevels, and 2-person teams with 5+ person gank groups and then corpse jump and spam laugh. It’s quite cute, really.

The difference between xPvP and WvW as far as objectives is irrelevant, so we can move past that point. If you TAKE an objective, someone will come to take it back or defend it from you, in wvw or in pvp.

It isn’t about team size either, because without fail, in the match-up threads, the QQ about zerging and the lack of “small teams” and “good fights” chokes out other discussion, leading inevitably to the “whip it out and measure it” portion of the discussion, where each ostensible pvp team brags about how they run with fewer than the others.

These groups move intentionally to lower rank servers with little or no queue times, and then only work on objectives for PPT when that leads to baiting pugs into fights where the better coordination and FotM builds will stomp the opposition.

What is it exactly that these “small teams” want then? It seems like they want their own little playground of pugs, uplevels, and guards to gank (for the buffs), because they can’t play xPvP without their OP food, OP buffs, and OP builds. Otherwise, they would just go into the actual pvp game mode and disregard the capture points there.

Attached – Me fighting [BS]

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Craig.2403

Craig.2403

Yada yada yada…

I have been stomped quite a bit by [BS], so I am empirically aware of their objectives. Gank solo roamers, uplevels, and 2-person teams with 5+ person gank groups and then corpse jump and spam laugh. It’s quite cute, really.

The difference between xPvP and WvW as far as objectives is irrelevant, so we can move past that point. If you TAKE an objective, someone will come to take it back or defend it from you, in wvw or in pvp.

It isn’t about team size either, because without fail, in the match-up threads, the QQ about zerging and the lack of “small teams” and “good fights” chokes out other discussion, leading inevitably to the “whip it out and measure it” portion of the discussion, where each ostensible pvp team brags about how they run with fewer than the others.

These groups move intentionally to lower rank servers with little or no queue times, and then only work on objectives for PPT when that leads to baiting pugs into fights where the better coordination and FotM builds will stomp the opposition.

What is it exactly that these “small teams” want then? It seems like they want their own little playground of pugs, uplevels, and guards to gank (for the buffs), because they can’t play xPvP without their OP food, OP buffs, and OP builds. Otherwise, they would just go into the actual pvp game mode and disregard the capture points there.

These small teams want fights with other small teams that are a challenge and have nothing to do with pointless ppt. At the end of the day, winning for us is fighting a fun hard fight and coming out on top. However, some people like you choose to believe that ppt is the end-all-be-all even though it’s not. All ppt is is a representation of numbers and coverage, something that we can easily see with or without it. What people like us want is a good fun fight in PvP (which, if you didn’t know, stands for player vs player, not player vs objective). What people have been saying is true: people avoid fights in order to cap points, xPvP or WvW. Right now ANet does not have the game mode that we want so we make due with the best we can get, which is taking WvW objectives to draw fights. The reason they don’t do this in PvP is because 1. It’s really hard to get on the same team outside of team arena where you can’t play for fights. 2. Even if you do happen to do team arena for fights, you’re only allowed 5 people and there’s a very slim chance the other team is there for the fights as well. 3. There’s less stat variety in PvP meaning you can’t run a mix of 3 stats, only 2, and you can’t balance it as well. This makes it harder to transfer your WvW build over to PvP, and it’s harder to coordinate builds to work together.

Bummkin – ranger | Netherdark – thief | Crescor – mesmer | Gears Up – engi
[TFI]

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

lunyboy.8672

Yada yada yada…

These small teams want fights with other small teams that are a challenge and have nothing to do with pointless ppt. At the end of the day, winning for us is fighting a fun hard fight and coming out on top. However, some people like you choose to believe that ppt is the end-all-be-all even though it’s not. All ppt is is a representation of numbers and coverage, something that we can easily see with or without it. What people like us want is a good fun fight in PvP (which, if you didn’t know, stands for player vs player, not player vs objective). What people have been saying is true: people avoid fights in order to cap points, xPvP or WvW. Right now ANet does not have the game mode that we want so we make due with the best we can get, which is taking WvW objectives to draw fights. The reason they don’t do this in PvP is because 1. It’s really hard to get on the same team outside of team arena where you can’t play for fights. 2. Even if you do happen to do team arena for fights, you’re only allowed 5 people and there’s a very slim chance the other team is there for the fights as well. 3. There’s less stat variety in PvP meaning you can’t run a mix of 3 stats, only 2, and you can’t balance it as well. This makes it harder to transfer your WvW build over to PvP, and it’s harder to coordinate builds to work together.

So why corpse jump and laugh when you gank singles and zerg smaller teams? That certainly undermines your assertion that “small teams” are there for “good fights” but more like griefing and ganking, which you can’t do as well in xPvP, where the stats, team size, and ability is a bit more equitable, or am I misunderstanding your comment?

Attached – My typical play style.

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jakare.6807

Jakare.6807

Otherwise, they would just go into the actual pvp game mode and disregard the capture points there.

Lol lets go to Tpvp and have a 5 minute 500-0 game where we try to chase the other team around the map to get them to fight us, and one of their team caps all 3 points and sits on them. Sounds like some competitive, fun #esports gameplay right there.

You think [BS] are the noob ones, I heard this asuran Ele in some Nicholas cage guild runs lightning hammer when roaming. That’s like, crazy man.

Úchî/Aulrathil
[TI] Team Ignition (Gandara)

ET/DR/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I don’t corpse jump or laugh. Probably because I’m dead and can’t emote. >.>

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain