[EU] 19/7 Piken/Deso/Kodash

in Match-ups

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

If you had been facing 50+ zergs with 15-20 guys for 6 months during the night wouldn’t you go and take everything for once? lol

Try doing it for 10months. Piken has always in every single matchup been outmanned during the night. In EB alone we had 15 guys while your 60+ man blob(yes you had a minimum of 60 we counted as they stood around trying to build their next cat in the same spot as we just killed the last one(yes i use the word blob coz they were just not useful at all, Kodash had 3 people on the map(spoke with one of them that was roaming) yet your whole zerg got held at 1 tower using the exact same tactics over and over)) was pounding on WC for 2 hours, this is not to mention the 5 people we had facing 30-40 in our home border, and the gods knows how many you had in the other 2 borders(some map hopping probably but there was a constant force(20+) in each zone).

Piken has a night population of a T7 server, but we make the best of it by splitting up and talking with each other. I know this was reset night so you probably had more on than normal, but i haven’t seen that level of blobbing at night since we faced Elona back in December(even BB has half the numbers you guys put out at night, and they’re purely a nightcap server for points).

I hope and pray that this isn’t your normal style of play at night coz if so Pikens night crew just got shafted again. We don’t mind facing 2v1 odds in a fight but when its 4v1 it’s just boring as hell, especially when you only focus on 1 opponent(talking about EB here).

C’mon Deso you say you’ve had to put up with this for ages, well please don’t do the same to us as they’ve done to you.

Sorry i know this sounds like a moaning rant, it’s just i was quite excited to finally face you guys as you’ve always put yourself across as a server in a similar vein to us. Don’t take it personally though, i don’t mean anything bad by what i said, just a bit dissapointed i think.

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

(edited by Saint Scarlet.2906)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Danzo.9341

Danzo.9341

dont worry Deso guys, just play your game ^^ we on piken are used to getting rolled over at night so its nothing special

and maybe one day we can field a nightshift that can give you some fights and resistance

has we are used to getting heavy 60man blobs all through the night by VS so are server playstyle has had to adapt to faceing VS 9/10 alot of us stay up till 4 5 6 7 8 9am because one day we will beat VS =).

DVG – Danzonator Night Capping Crew =)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Danzo.9341

Danzo.9341

If you had been facing 50+ zergs with 15-20 guys for 6 months during the night wouldn’t you go and take everything for once? lol

Try doing it for 10months. Piken has always in every single matchup been outmanned during the night. In EB alone we had 15 guys while your 60+ man blob(yes you had a minimum of 60 we counted as they stood around trying to build their next cat in the same spot as we just killed the last one(yes i use the word blob coz they were just not useful at all, Kodash had 3 people on the map(spoke with one of them that was roaming) yet your whole zerg got held at 1 tower using the exact same tactics over and over)) was pounding on WC for 2 hours, this is not to mention the 5 people we had facing 30-40 in our home border, and the gods knows how many you had in the other 2 borders(some map hopping probably but there was a constant force(20+) in each zone).

Piken has a night population of a T7 server, but we make the best of it by splitting up and talking with each other. I know this was reset night so you probably had more on than normal, but i haven’t seen that level of blobbing at night since we faced Elona back in December(even BB has half the numbers you guys put out at night, and they’re purely a nightcap server for points).

I hope and pray that this isn’t your normal style of play at night coz if so Pikens night crew just got shafted again. We don’t mind facing 2v1 odds in a fight but when its 4v1 it’s just boring as hell, especially when you only focus on 1 opponent(talking about EB here).

C’mon Deso you say you’ve had to put up with this for ages, well please don’t do the same to us as they’ve done to you.

its pretty normal since we get VS 9/10 so yea you will face a medium kinda blob daily at night

DVG – Danzonator Night Capping Crew =)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

Pain Train by Ins For Da Wagh streaming on Twitch right now – http://en.twitch.tv/grotesquexg/

Team Aggression [TA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: satkis.7021

satkis.7021

even BB has half the numbers you guys put out at night, and they’re purely a nightcap server for points

You can check the recent history us vs bb (2 matchups) from mos and you’ll see who had better night time population

satkis [TLA] – Guardian – Desolation

Only a WvW player

in Match-ups

Saint Scarlet.2906

I would have thought BB from facing them for 3months, it was just a shock to see you guys having double their numbers. I’m guessing it’s mostly due to them having guild raids run well into the night whereas the likes of our servers have to do with friendlies from every guild instead

Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

/sigh Quite happily 1v1’ing Deso players by the windmill and players from the Deso (LION) guild decide to start ganking for cheap kills. Seriously, if you can’t get kills of your own Deso, don’t start disrupting 1v1’s with players on your own server, just makes you look like a bunch of idiots.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fryggenbart.3907

Fryggenbart.3907

is it jade and vizunah we fight, or is ist desolation and piken?
feels the same atm^^

Reta del Bratfish
Piken Square [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

I am sad to hear that some players on our server use /laugh emote. I don’t use that in WvWvW.

i do; but only against very bad players; or if i get ganked and survive

Pain Train by Ins For Da Wagh streaming on Twitch right now – http://en.twitch.tv/grotesquexg/

wasnt ins committed to server hopping? i got confused; whats he doing?

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Repuran.1859

Repuran.1859

I am sad to hear that some players on our server use /laugh emote. I don’t use that in WvWvW.

i do; but only against very bad players; or if i get ganked and survive

wasnt ins committed to server hopping? i got confused; whats he doing?

He went to Piken for a week then realized he likes blobalation more :P

Full time Engi, Part time Ele

in Match-ups

Posted by: Timpsu.9324

Timpsu.9324

I wouldn’t be too worried about Deso’s night-time coverage. It is still weekend and the last night was the first night of the matchup, so it’s given that there were many players who decided to continue playing, as we don’t even have French servers in this matchup. Last time Desolation got this criticism for nightcapping was when we dropped from T1 after many months, and in that matchup we were eventually wiped clean. Ofc desolation also has that enormous PvE-playerbase, which will prob come to W3 if it sees we’re leading the score. Hoping for a good week for fights!

[TLA] – Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

I left, i came back, end of story lol

Thanks for all the fights this afternoon running a blob back and forth between BL defending what WP’s we had. Gotta sleep so kitten drunk lmao

GF’s in hills, might have taken us 2 hours but we got it XD

Much love <3

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kaisukii.7809

Kaisukii.7809

Everyone moaning about Deso night capping and blobbing .. it’s the weekend and it has only been ONE night which was reset night, of course numbers are going to be high then, on every server.

Do not judge a server based on one night or even the weekend, our coverage is not always like this.

Loco, I was the Mesmer you dueled, had some fun fights with you, again don’t be to harsh on a server due to one individual, I’ve been interrupted mid duel by your server and Kodash several times today. Alas is the bane of it being a free for all and dueling based on player rules instead of game rules!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

/sigh Quite happily 1v1’ing Deso players by the windmill and players from the Deso (LION) guild decide to start ganking for cheap kills. Seriously, if you can’t get kills of your own Deso, don’t start disrupting 1v1’s with players on your own server, just makes you look like a bunch of idiots.

Same here, just different place of roaming. Checked windmill on all maps but haven’t spotted anyone so I started running around ruins and around briar lake for some skirmishing, was quite ok, 4-5 single players found, then there was a Kod guild [NSG] running their small group, had to back off to my allies near tower Had some nice fight later in ruins, but ofc it got interrupted by 30 piken who couldn’t pass by without taking these few lootbags. Guess it’s time to try windmill again…

in Match-ups

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

Cmon guys, INC lf any GvG 20v20

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

What Deso should know is Piken tends to have lower numbers out over the weekend (something about having real lives or something, the heathens, lol. ). Weekday usually shows the real matchup.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kaisukii.7809

Kaisukii.7809

What Deso should know is Piken tends to have lower numbers out over the weekend (something about having real lives or something, the heathens, lol. ). Weekday usually shows the real matchup.

you mean this is your small numbers D=?

in Match-ups

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

nice deso, i see you learned alot from vizunah, have fun pvding this week.

You’re just facing a server that has been on the losing end for nearly 6 months straight, everyone will come into WvW now Deso has a chance and the night crew that got formed to slow down VS attacks and try hold objectives now has free-reign to take what they like.

What I think you meant to say is: " If you had been pvdoored, and night capped for 6 months and complained about it, wouldn’t you do it the first chance you got?lol" Yes indeed, lets become vizunah for the lulz shall we, because they did it to us for 6 months. Flawless logic

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

you mean this is your small numbers D=?

Lol, yes, that was kind of my point

If Piken ever got a NA guild or two that played 7pm EST onward, it would prove interesting.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Looks like hardcore week ahead of us

in Match-ups

Repuran.1859

You’re just facing a server that has been on the losing end for nearly 6 months straight, everyone will come into WvW now Deso has a chance and the night crew that got formed to slow down VS attacks and try hold objectives now has free-reign to take what they like.

What I think you meant to say is: " If you had been pvdoored, and night capped for 6 months and complained about it, wouldn’t you do it the first chance you got?lol" Yes indeed, lets become vizunah for the lulz shall we, because they did it to us for 6 months. Flawless logic

exactly how I feel atm, I never thought Deso would become a baby version of vizunah.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jue.6493

Jue.6493

exactly how I feel atm, I never thought Deso would become a baby version of vizunah.

When you have lost a considerable amount of WvW guilds and have to heavily rely on pug groups a lot this is not surprising in the slightest. In my eyes Desolation is working with what they have and they are doing a good job at it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: noddan.2035

noddan.2035

I dont see whats the problem with nightcapping. If pikensquare/kodash had enough players playing at night they would do the same. Its like some ppl on our server expect us to log off or go to pve just because the opponent is sleeping. Very strange.

And yes, we are trying to rebuild what we have and a considerable amount of people think winning is a way to do that. Ofcourse everyone hates when vizunah does it, who likes to loose t3 keeps?

I find it very funny that some ppl on desolation finds it necessary to start complaining in mapchat about this. Just fight however you want to do, and we will do the same.

YOU CANT DECIDE FOR OTHER PEOPLE WHAT THEY SHOULD DO.

Great fights with piken this week, you are very strong! And thanks to Jue for beeing understanding.

[OP] – Óne Pulse – Guild Leader & Raid leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Kudos to FG willing to fight our blob on Kodash BL, I miss you guys on Deso. <3
As for PvD I’m not a big fan of it but I want us to win this week, I’ll only do it up to a point and then just go to sleep without having nightmares of daily golem rushes although we’ve been doing it a bit recently ourselves tbh.
Let’s just enjoy this week of fights for once without too much QQ and hopefully one day we’ll find the right balance of styles.

This Is S F A R T A.. lol
You didn’t see [Xaoc] guild? They had 300+ daily www online, biggest russian community of gw2
Anyway, Sparta had only 45+ ppl on yesterday reset, thi is not our biggest online

Yes sorry I meant SPRT the fact you had 45+ people on one map is quite remarkeable

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in Match-ups

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

I dont see whats the problem with nightcapping. If pikensquare/kodash had enough players playing at night they would do the same. Its like some ppl on our server expect us to log off or go to pve just because the opponent is sleeping. Very strange.

And yes, we are trying to rebuild what we have and a considerable amount of people think winning is a way to do that. Ofcourse everyone hates when vizunah does it, who likes to loose t3 keeps?

I find it very funny that some ppl on desolation finds it necessary to start complaining in mapchat about this. Just fight however you want to do, and we will do the same.

Great fights with piken this week, you are very strong! And thanks to Jue for beeing understanding.

I understand people want to play at night (being from Canada and at least 5 hours behind EU I always play when the majority are sleeping). However, there is a difference between playing at night and golem rushing every empty objective you see. I know you want Deso to win, and so do I, but is becoming vizunah really worth that gold medal? At the end of the week if we win. Look at how we did it before you celebrate.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Match-ups

Repuran.1859

A lot of respect to VII tonight on Eternal battlegrounds, I hadn’t heard of you before tonight but you was willing to take on groups of 45 with just 15-20 people and sometimes succeeded. Maybe the best piken guild I’ve seen so far this match-up.

in Match-ups

Posted by: PsyllO.3728

PsyllO.3728

well lots of respect too piken you realy know how too fight
were having a hard time at Deso to fight you
We’ve proly became lazy by spamming 1 the whole time while facing viz
Give us some time and we will adapt
shoutout too GH and FG with love from Deso

Psyllo |guardian|
[Coin] Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: Balzamon.1396

Balzamon.1396

yo you guys know that you cant improve fighting when you always run away
i think from the servers i fought only rivercart tops it with running away from a fight with so much ppl ^^

anyways i believe lots of my guildmates enjoy this matchup and will play wvw whenever they can

Commander Ireth Alcàrin [NíP]
Piken Square
Community Officer @ http://gw2community.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: noddan.2035

noddan.2035

I understand people want to play at night (being from Canada and at least 5 hours behind EU I always play when the majority are sleeping). However, there is a difference between playing at night and golem rushing every empty objective you see. I know you want Deso to win, and so do I, but is becoming vizunah really worth that gold medal? At the end of the week if we win. Look at how we did it before you celebrate.

So you are telling us to not cap things ? What should we do then? Should we use rams instead of golems or facerub maybe?

[OP] – Óne Pulse – Guild Leader & Raid leader

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Oh Piken has been golem rushed by every server we’ve faced recently at night. We’re used to it, lol. It’s kind of a compliment really, that the enemy is too afraid to drop a ram and do it the old fashioned way I wouldn’t recommend it at any other time, however. So many senseless golem deaths.

in Match-ups

Saint Scarlet.2906

Theres plenty of things you could do. We’re not saying don’t cap stuff but just take your time, it’s not a race. Maybe instead of zerging the 5 guys defending one of you ask for a party invite then have a 1v1(5v5) for the tower/keep, if you lose you leave that objective and try for another 1 instead. Or you could have a party with us, dance and chat. The possibilitites are only limited by your imagination, unless you really do enjoy PvDoor. (We’ve done things like this before multiple times with other servers which have the same philosophy as us, which is fun and fights instead of watching the ppt).

Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

piken zerged garrison on deso bl with omega golems 1am gmt tnight, so enough of the night cap nonsense pls. all is fair in love and war, the French taught us that. piken guilds are scary good though, think its fair to say many of us on deso bl are shell shocked after tnight :p

in Match-ups

Posted by: stiello.1875

stiello.1875

Oh Piken has been golem rushed by every server we’ve faced recently at night. We’re used to it, lol. It’s kind of a compliment really, that the enemy is too afraid to drop a ram and do it the old fashioned way I wouldn’t recommend it at any other time, however. So many senseless golem deaths.

Don’t know but at gerrison today on desolation borderlands you guys also brought golems, while outer of gerrison was down for like 1 hour.

You guys came with 1/2 big golems and few normals.

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Haha, really? Wasn’t on for that. I guess compliments are being given all round then eh?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rich.1528

Rich.1528

Interesting event we had on Deso border today, after garri GH called raid.
And there were nice fights after – 6 vs 15-20, thank you, Deso guys, i think it’s more interesting for you than taking stuff without resist.

Richmond
Golden Horde [GH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

piken zerged garrison on deso bl with omega golems 1am gmt tnight, so enough of the night cap nonsense pls. all is fair in love and war, the French taught us that. piken guilds are scary good though, think its fair to say many of us on deso bl are shell shocked after tnight :p

That was GH of course I think we had a queue for most of the night but they were causing lots of problems over there and on Piken BL, it’s a big difference to what we’re doing now although afaik we haven’t been golem rushing .
I think I even got to bow to you Rich and just got zerged in the process :p

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in Match-ups

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

My guild is deserted from piken. good to fight against the motherland
btw now i have a little vizu-deso feeling, but now we are on the other side of the gun :P

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Match-ups

Posted by: PsyllO.3728

PsyllO.3728

Like Jue already mentioned the Deso you guys are figting is no longer the Deso that used to be
There are no more as much guilds as there used too be so it’s mostly small time guilds with pugs so we fight with what we have but aren’t as organized as in the old days
We’re slowly recovering from that process with some new commanders and guilds
Do not forget we lost IRON who took about 1/3 of oure hardcore wvwvw players with them to NA
That and fact weve been facing viz and elona for like eternity so if you dont want people to leave you’re server we had to do something to at least keep the people interesting in wvwvw and yes nightcapping is one of it to even out the odds

Psyllo |guardian|
[Coin] Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

It’s still the weekend, the same happened when we fought SFR, but as soon as we hit the week days they caught up and then smashed us with our low day time presence. I’m sure The tables will be turned in the week and Pikens Russians will be morning capping without much resistance

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

It’s still the weekend, the same happened when we fought SFR, but as soon as we hit the week days they caught up and then smashed us with our low day time presence. I’m sure The tables will be turned in the week and Pikens Russians will be morning capping without much resistance

Exactly. A lot of people on this thread have complained about the night capping, but the sad fact is Desolation generally lacks people during the morning, noon and most of the afternoon a as well. For many weeks I have seen enemy taking our upgraded keeps and towers with multiple golems on those hours, while we often “enjoy” the outnumbered “buff”. What makes it so different from the night capping? No EU server has perfect 24/7 coverage.

Desolation hasn’t won a single time this year and I think we really deserve a win. We don’t have big WvWvW guilds. We are mostly PuGs, but so what. We cannot summon a big organized melee front line on every single borderline. But with the skill lag, what is so cool about melee trains running into each other when just skills #1-#3 work and you cannot even use any of your active heals? As a PuG commander and a solo roamer I want to see the tightly packed melee train meta blown sky high, to the land of mega lag where it belongs. Medium armor needs to be brought back to the meta. Next week, if I have time, I will begin engineer training for Desolation players. It would be cool to have Tinker Teldo + some other amazing engi players there as well. Let’s blow up this meta for good.

I am also thinking of holding classes of how to solo the supply camps with any profession. Teach our players how to cap the hell out of enemy. Zero supplies for enemies. Constantly contested keeps and towers all over the map.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Exactly. A lot of people on this thread have complained about the night capping, but the sad fact is Desolation generally lacks people during the morning, noon and most of the afternoon a as well.

They didnt seem to have any problems bringing in a ton of manpower to defend Hills in Deso border an hour or so ago. Even Piken had more people than usual at this time and we where still pushed out.

But its weekend and vacation so its pretty skewed in terms of “regular” numbers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

Such an unusual thread. So nice and civilized. So much of almost condescending talk on Piken part that is being politely ignored by Deso.

And probably more compliments to [GH] than in the rest of the forum over all its history. I don’t even know how to feel about it… Flattered?

Regarding Deso being not the same as before, duuuh…
IRON, VoTF, KAZ/BuLL, FG, DsD, GH, and that’s just to name a few – all formerly Deso guilds (though afaik there’s still IRON on Deso but you know what I mean).

Guys over there are doing great job at keeping Deso where it is rating-wise.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

So far it’s been a lot of fun facing off against Deso and Kodash, had some fun 1v1s … some wins, some losses, all good.

One gripe is that one or two Deso players were probably zoom-hacking with ACs on Friday night (planting AC hits squarely in the courtyard of a tower from outside it), which was a little depressing for the couple of us inside trying to defend. I’m not saying “ZOMG all Deso are cheaters” by any means, as I say there have been some great fights, but there are one or two bad apples in there that could easily trash the server’s good name.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

They didnt seem to have any problems bringing in a ton of manpower to defend Hills in Deso border an hour or so ago. Even Piken had more people than usual at this time and we where still pushed out.

But its weekend and vacation so its pretty skewed in terms of “regular” numbers.

Yeah, we now have a lot of people on Deso BL, painting it all blue. I have been there as well, not commanding, but sometimes running with the zerg, sometimes soloing the camps and stuff. Zero deaths today as well.

But now it is weekend. Still too early to tell what will be the final results. It is nice to see both Kodash and Piken having some roaming teams, who play nicely.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

The one week im on holiday and i miss the start of the matchup iv been waiting for since Afterlife first departed piken many months ago typical!!! lol. Hopefully il be back in time to fight the second half of the week.

A big shout out to our former allies in Piken Square, don’t fret about the night time coverage remember it’s always been about the prime time fights, Piken and desolation are similar maybe not identical in size,coverage and playstyle but similar in that they are the underdogs who pack a punch and hold their own despite the odds

This matchup is close to ideal as any of us could possibly wish so far taking in mind it being the weekend we haven’t gotten a weekend blow out for any one server there’s currently at the time of writing about less than 10K between deso and Piken and 12K between Kodash and Piken, i would say that indicates a good matchup so far maybe not in terms of play-style etc but when it comes to point income each server is competing well so far .

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Posted by: LJMaster.6214

LJMaster.6214

It makes me laugh how we are accused of blobing because we don’t all carry the same guild tag. A lot on Desolation are more concerned with the server doing well than how their guild is perceived by the enemy. I’ll follow a commander regardless of what Desolation guild he comes from, we all share a teamspeak server and I talk to people from other guilds as much as my own. For the record, most of our ‘pugs’ are also on the teamspeak server listening to the commander.

I was not here for the IRON days but I’m glad I wasn’t, the idea of one dominant guild does not appeal to me in the slightest. I much prefer the way it seems to be on Desolation now with the priority being on the server doing well.

When it comes to capping stuff at night, a lot of our players just play at this time (I’m a uni student with nothing to do over summer), it’s not our fault there is not much resistance, it’s not like you would stop ramming a gate because you don’t receive any arrow cart fire. Also, we do better then Vizu at night, it’s the reason we don’t finish 100k points behind anymore, they have more numbers but we are more tactical in our approach. Also viz leaves a scout at every tower and keep 24/7 and so there is always resistance so this is what we are used to. Also, to the guy who suggested arranging a 5v5 for a keep, are we supposed to just tell the other 20 players on ts that they’re not allowed to join in? Besides, it’s war, not spvp.

The aim of my guild and what I hope is the aim of all Desolation is to win, and I mean real winning, not the moral victory we cling to against viz because we don’t use quite as many arrow carts and use about half the number of golems. Besides, viz are the most organised server there is, as previously mentioned they have scouts everywhere and snipping teams on every map. Yet everyone calls them ‘pugs’ (a term I am beginning to despise due to it’s negative implications from elitists) or a blob because they have a lot of numbers and they don’t all carry the same guild tag.

There are no rules in world vs world and it’s like that for a reason, it’s supposed to be the equivalent of a war, the aim is to win, we all have the same instruments we all just use them differently. If you’re going to complain about unequal numbers or expect the enemy to not capture a tower because there is no resistance then wvw is not really for you, there’s nothing wrong in hating us for it because we’re doing well, but complaining that we’re playing the game is a bit pathetic.

Leader of Amplified Wrath [AmP]
Former Leader of Vendetta [VnT]

in Match-ups

Repuran.1859

It makes me laugh how we are accused of blobing because we don’t all carry the same guild tag. A lot on Desolation are more concerned with the server doing well than how their guild is perceived by the enemy. I’ll follow a commander regardless of what Desolation guild he comes from, we all share a teamspeak server and I talk to people from other guilds as much as my own. For the record, most of our ‘pugs’ are also on the teamspeak server listening to the commander.

I was not here for the IRON days but I’m glad I wasn’t, the idea of one dominant guild does not appeal to me in the slightest. I much prefer the way it seems to be on Desolation now with the priority being on the server doing well.

When it comes to capping stuff at night, a lot of our players just play at this time (I’m a uni student with nothing to do over summer), it’s not our fault there is not much resistance, it’s not like you would stop ramming a gate because you don’t receive any arrow cart fire. Also, we do better then Vizu at night, it’s the reason we don’t finish 100k points behind anymore, they have more numbers but we are more tactical in our approach. Also viz leaves a scout at every tower and keep 24/7 and so there is always resistance so this is what we are used to. Also, to the guy who suggested arranging a 5v5 for a keep, are we supposed to just tell the other 20 players on ts that they’re not allowed to join in? Besides, it’s war, not spvp.

The aim of my guild and what I hope is the aim of all Desolation is to win, and I mean real winning, not the moral victory we cling to against viz because we don’t use quite as many arrow carts and use about half the number of golems. Besides, viz are the most organised server there is, as previously mentioned they have scouts everywhere and snipping teams on every map. Yet everyone calls them ‘pugs’ (a term I am beginning to despise due to it’s negative implications from elitists) or a blob because they have a lot of numbers and they don’t all carry the same guild tag.

There are no rules in world vs world and it’s like that for a reason, it’s supposed to be the equivalent of a war, the aim is to win, we all have the same instruments we all just use them differently. If you’re going to complain about unequal numbers or expect the enemy to not capture a tower because there is no resistance then wvw is not really for you, there’s nothing wrong in hating us for it because we’re doing well, but complaining that we’re playing the game is a bit pathetic.

I’m getting sick of this “if you can’t beat them, join them” mentality that a lot of people on deso seem to be picking up. The style of play we have atm is no different from Vizunah’s which is why people are moaning, we nightcap undefended objects and all travel in 1 blob. You say your happy you wasn;t here when IRON were around but tbh the guilds we had apart from IRON like GH, VoTF, Bull, and FG would of done a lot better than our current group is with even less people.

Even in Desolation’s prime it never had this blob or nightcap mentality, it would battle in fair numbers and be strongest in prime time, atm our tick in prime time is really low and we are just as strong at 4am in the morning which is pathetic.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Balzamon.1396

Balzamon.1396

just look who complained most about the nightcapping
if I´m not completely wrong its a lot of Deso players and not players from piken (or kodash) QQing about that.
we are used to it and we know thakittens part of the game.
and if there is a piken player who is mad about this: remember the matchups against drakkar or FSP or Fort ranik and then tell me we dont do it if we can :P

Commander Ireth Alcàrin [NíP]
Piken Square
Community Officer @ http://gw2community.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rapsod.4629

Rapsod.4629

I cant belive that you ppl cry about night capping ….now that we finaly got some balanced fights thats not good enough ……. nooooo why would it be……..now you guys cryin over gvg and soloing in wvwvw oh and ofc night cap……. even tho we are mostly randoms and we dont care about guild tags ……… we have commanders we have TS and we fight as a blob for lootbags, for fun and sometimes for points (or atleast we are trying) ………when you play so long against vizunah its expected to adapt …….. and if we can nightcap everything then frack it.. lets do it … not for points but for the sake of our server >_> hopefully more ppl will come and deso might get some good coverage for higher tier fights ……..i suggest we stop babble about this and go fight after all its a game =P

-Desolation -[PT]Mesmer/Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

Im sorry but Ive seen both piken guild groups running solo and piken ‘blobs’ of 40-50 people. Sure we nightcap more, but claiming that you don’t ‘blob’ is rubbish. Also I respect FG and some other piken guilds because they are rly strong, but Ive also been ganked by 5-10 random people on multiple occasions, twice when I was dueling, one of which ended with them laugh emoting and jumping on my corpse. Lets get realistic here,there is no code of conduct and never will be. Play to have fun I say.