Elona Reach / Desolation / Baruch Bay 7/6/13

in Match-ups

Posted by: majos.8503

majos.8503

Because of culture, we spend our weekends with friends, or party.. Weekends are not for play computer and stay home.

Majos The Blizard – Baruch Bay [SP]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Desiderius.7259

Desiderius.7259

Because of culture, we spend our weekends with friends, or party.. Weekends are not for play computer and stay home.

Now its becoming ridiculous.

Nevertheless it would be great, if you both would switch to PMs.

Guardian / Ele / Thief / Mesmer
E Q U I N O X [EqnX] – Elona Reach [DE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Repuran.1859

Repuran.1859

So the majority of BB’s points is from nightcapping non-europeans? Vizunah V2 then.

I really don’t respect servers which are good because of night-capping and although Elona blob at times they still gain their points n the daytime and as for Desolation everyone knows their suffering from big guild losses atm but one blob guild like IRON won’t kill of an entire server for good, they will be back.

Full time Engi, Part time Ele

in Match-ups

majos.8503

So the majority of BB’s points is from nightcapping non-europeans? Vizunah V2 then.

I think you didn’t read anything before you posted this…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

He doesn’t have to read. A picture says more than thousands of words
And the new APi allows very nice pictures showing whats going on in matches:
(Source: http://gw2tracker.net/wvw/stats/live points per hour of the day, averaged over all days of the so far match)

Attachments:

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cheloss.1453

Cheloss.1453

If BB had clans Latinos, you would be suffering a beating right now …

Por la Razón o La Fuerza [CL]
Fuerte de Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Benjamin.7893

Benjamin.7893

Excuses for barely managing to beat the 7th ranked server is all Dayra is doing.

in Match-ups

majos.8503

He doesn’t have to read. A picture says more than thousands of words
And the new APi allows very nice pictures showing whats going on in matches:
(Source: http://gw2tracker.net/wvw/stats/live points per hour of the day, averaged over all days of the so far match)

Still searching where here says the nationality of each player…. Where I have to look?

in Match-ups

Posted by: suprNovae.5410

suprNovae.5410

Why do we start with this bs again? Every server would take a chance to get the easy points. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
We don’t let a an opportunity to be missed as well. If we could we would do the same.
We should adapt on their play style and try to build up a very good morning cap team after they went to bed

Nevertheless Baruch is in my opinion a very good server. It’s really fun to fight against them. I personally had never so much fun like this week before. No blob on Baruch /Deso side and there are actually really organized guilds like Scnd, BuLL, sIN, DsD, RED and many more! Rarely saw those guilds running with many pugs or at least in a blob.
I appreciate that really much.
One thing which is annoying. Baruch has weird play times :P
sIN ends their raids to early and BuLL starts too late.
Would like to fight you guys more often and hope to get you again in a matchup.

Clint B E Eastwood – Guardian
Callous Philosophy [LaG]
† Good Old Days [GD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Holy Eldar.3624

The Holy Eldar.3624

I can confirm that BB is 99.5% spaniards, 0.1% italians and 0.4% south americans. Before we transfered to BB we (Scnd, international guild) were under the impression that BB had alot of South Americans after our experiences against their nightcap when we played on Piken. Nevertheless we were very wrong. The flags on the BB TS proofed us wrong and all explanations given before are true. Spanish people tend to take a break from 8-11pm for dinner and relaxing (good weather, can’t blame them to not sit inside and game then!). At around 11pm they come back for gaming.

And if you don’t believe the given reasons of cultural lifestyle difference, go sulk in a corner far far away but please don’t mess up a nice, friendly matchup thread.

Acan Stoneheart
Immortal Kingdom [KING] – Officer
Second Law [Scnd] Filthy Casual

in Match-ups

Posted by: kursk.4890

kursk.4890

Hi all.

First, Baruch not have sudamericans guilds, the nightcaping is an effort of many people in baruch.

Second, baruch have nightcaping (pvdoor) of 1:00 to 6:00, but elona have morningcaping (pvdoor) of 7:00 to 13:00/14:00 more hours and better coverage, and also is better the morningcaping, you have structures T3 for the prime time (con nightcaping NO) in prime time baruch fight against large zergs and structures in T3 defended many arrows carts, making it very difficult to make points, conquer structures etc …

Imagines the baruch pre-made’s enter his prime time with t3 structures (of baruch)…

I can only say something good about Elona, the morningcaping, and GD (good old days), an excellent guild roaming, very very hard.

finally, baruch fight vs Elona, desolation and a-net …lose 7k/9k in reset.

nobody speaks of reset, 3.30 (hours) in our pvdoor?

look the picture:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/sinttulo1ztj.jpg/

in Match-ups

Dayra.7405

That was the “patching the patch” downtime?

If yes, I can only repeat:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Only-a-WvW-player/2119701

in Match-ups

Posted by: KayOz.3750

KayOz.3750

I wonder where Baru would rank up if they had no Latinos.
They’re worse than Vizunah in night capping.

Americans on EU servers are so pathetic.

Almost a year since the game was released and some people still thinking that our night force is made by americans?

siesta + unemployment + different culture (dinner at 10pm) = giant night force.

How come that I see a lot of different flags on your teamspeak server? People from Chile,Argentina,Colombia,Mexico..

They’re just guest on teamspeak eh?

If you had no night capping at all you’d end up in T9.

Millershund!

(edited by KayOz.3750)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Funny how BB 40-50 group running from bay to hills and back on BB bl now

in Match-ups

kursk.4890

Almost a year since the game was released and some people still thinking that our night force is made by americans?

How come that I see a lot of different flags on your teamspeak server? People from Chile,Argentina,Colombia,Mexico..

T9? you see here

http://es-es.twitch.tv/xdef/b/416452885

0:15:30 20 vs 40? 50? 60?

0:29:00 T9 vs T1 players….. epic? vabbi style?

0:48:26 …..

0:57:30 more “leña”

1:00:00 T9 server

1:04:00 20 vs 40/50? more?

And more, very more, who is a server T9?

1:14:22 a gift for you.

(edited by kursk.4890)

in Match-ups

majos.8503

T9? you see here

http://es-es.twitch.tv/xdef/b/416452885

0:15:30 20 vs 40? 50? 60?

0:29:00 T9 vs T1 players….. epic? vabbi style?

0:48:26 …..

0:57:30 more “leña”

1:00:00 T9 server

1:04:00 20 vs 40/50? more?

And more, very more, who is a server T9?

1:14:22 a gift for you.

Baruch… of course!

I’d like to upload some videos pugs of baruch against pugs of elona… I have lot of fun commanding them and omfg.. you are a nice farm dudes! But yay.. we are a t9 server

Wait, wait, wait! Better, make a t10 server just against NPC for Baruch!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: SpazzimusPrime.4817

SpazzimusPrime.4817

haha well i had a good time. deso power. nice fight in SM a couple of hours ago BB!

____→DVG LEADER<-____
www.DVG-GUILD.com
DESOLATION BORN AND RAISED

(edited by SpazzimusPrime.4817)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Thanks Elona and Baruch for an interesting match up this week, I loved to fight an opponent that worked as groups and fights as groups.. Yes! You Baruch guys!

Not always succesfull vs the super pugs of Desolation ^^ but was fun to fight!

Only, where was Bull? I was hoping to fight vs them but almost never seen them..

And Elona? Hmm I hope u guys get matched up vs Viz and SFR next week haha so you can fight evenly sized groups on the early morning Good coverage guys, but you need to focus on learning to fight in the open ( Elona guys you need to push more in big fights )

And for Desolation, crazy people but with good skills.. my last fight I was with 10-20 ppl and we just went all in vs the Elona zerg with around 30-40 ppl… after a long fight they retreated!

I wonder what next week will be, hope we can win it for once :P

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TyrDaishi.1057

TyrDaishi.1057

I highly respect the Guilds from Baruch after this week. There happened some stuff I didn’t expect. It shows how important it is to have various big, strong Guilds that support the random players on the individual maps. My only regret is that those Guilds nearly always have more players then mine. This is in no way an excuse, it just shows that I and my firends need to convince even more players that we are capable and willing to defeat anyone who tries to stand in our way. Unfortunatly for now, the only one who can compete with big Guilds like Bull (Thx again for the GvG guys, personally I learned a lot) or Sin right now in terms of numbers and strength on Elona is GD. My guess would be that there are at least 4-5 more guilds who could fight you on even grounds, but I noticed that the numbers of players in the raids are decreasing. The reasons for that are known by now, no new content for months, lags, bugs, it’s summer, and the list goes on… Nevertheless will I continue to try my very best to train with the members of my Guild and any Player from Elona that is willing to learn and play with structure to bring the most epic battles to the steps of your strongholds.

I felt the need to write this because of all the bs hate (especially the wannabe forum heroes claiming they kill everything all the time, seriously grow up) that is floating around all the time, and from my point of view I always try to just have fun with the people I like and I assure you that I never noticed or would have allowed other players to be disrepectful towards any enemy we faced so far (Jokes excluded, everyone makes jokes guys let’s be realistic for a second here). I also wrote this because I noticed yesterday in the weekly meeting from Elona, that nearly everyone there was spilling a lot of bs that had nothing to do with what we are doing here: Playing a game and having a good time!

Best wishes
- [Ægis] Daishi (Shíra von Frost)

in Match-ups

Posted by: loseros.5912

loseros.5912

If you take dinner at 6pm and go to sleep at 21.00 it’s none of my business. Grow up and assume the rating loss like a man.

Someone’s jelous and mad becasue he goes to sleep when we (spanish people) start to play after eating dinner.

PS: at 6pm we eat merienda and picoteo. Just google it.

Asterilla
Ranger charr 80, Guardian asura 80

(edited by loseros.5912)

in Match-ups

Posted by: yiishing.9057

yiishing.9057

Thanks to Baruch Bay and Desolation for a great week full of fun and good fights.
Guilds like BuLL, sIN, GoD, DsD, Scnd, Unit, CS made the matchup one of the best for us. Even though the raid times of spanish guilds are quite different, we had a lot fun everytime we met on the field. Sometimes we outnumbered you by 5-10 players, but you still destroyed us if we didn’t played well.
Kudos to Desolation, you guys are awesome. Still fighting everyday, hopefully you will be matched against servers with similar population soon. Anyway, we had some of the best three-way fights I’ve ever seen, and it felt like “that’s how WvW should be” to me.

Special thanks to BuLL for the awesome GvG yesterday evening. Every fight was so kitten close and intense, massive respect to you guys, it was a pleasure to be part of it.

Best of luck to everyone for the next week, here is me hoping no one of us will get matched against Vizunah. After weeks and months of playing against Kodash, Jade Sea and Vizunah, Baruch Bay provided the best week we had in months. Never had this much fun. Keep it up.

PS: Quick shoutout to the leaders of RNV and CS. Hope you don’t mind the moa treatment you received one evening while attacking our garrison. It was just for the lulz

Good Old Days [GD] - Disturbed Squad [DISS]
http://de.twitch.tv/yiillusion

(edited by yiishing.9057)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Aye was a fun week, dissapointed INVI didn’t bump into GD at any point to see how we compare from afew weeks ago when you stomped us in T1 hehe.

I think our main nemesis of the week goes to SiN, you appear with a guild group out of nowhere and hit like a truck, always fun trying new strategies against you

Let’s hope Deso drops afew more “tiers” so we can face equal population based servers and start re-building our server properly. But again thanks for all the fights this week

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in Match-ups

Posted by: lunoh.1963

lunoh.1963

If you take dinner at 6pm and go to sleep at 21.00 it’s none of my business. Grow up and assume the rating loss like a man.

Someone’s jelous and mad becasue he goes to sleep when we (spanish people) start to play after eating dinner.

i dont think pvd is something you should be proud of…. and i can only hope you get vizunah next up so they can beat the crap out of you at night.

in Match-ups

Posted by: loseros.5912

loseros.5912

i dont think pvd is something you should be proud of…. and i can only hope you get vizunah next up so they can beat the crap out of you at night.

Excuse me sir, but I didn’t meant to hurt your feelings. You should be proud of playing at 6 am when we’re sleeping or going to work.

I can only hope you come on holydays to spain to understand our culture.

Asterilla
Ranger charr 80, Guardian asura 80

in Match-ups

Posted by: MrsDelicious.4120

MrsDelicious.4120

So much hate from elona, and so much flame to the nightcapping when u guys do the same at morning. I will take the words of th few guys from elona that seemed correct and ignore all the haters that from some reason cant stand the fact that they are not 100k points over us.

in Match-ups

Posted by: uriel.1627

uriel.1627

I want to thank BB and Deso for an interesting and challenging week. [News] got the opportunity to train a lot against you guys and we took quite the edge off it. Special thanks to Bull, Unit and Cs and kudos to INVI…. It was a pleasure to fight you while I got some nice ideas for tactics. I am looking forward for a rematch.
I also want to emphasize the words of BEEAST… we also had so much fun this week… night capping or not. GL HF everybody

Raid-Leader of “Fkin Rallybots”
[GG] Zero

(edited by uriel.1627)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Moss.9018

Moss.9018

Nice week to [RED] Redención, BB guild. We wait for new matchup.

Thanks for fun.

Mossi Norn, commander of Redención [RED] – Baruch Bay – and other seven character lv 80

in Match-ups

Dayra.7405

So much hate from elona, and so much flame to the nightcapping when u guys do the same at morning. I will take the words of th few guys from elona that seemed correct and ignore all the haters that from some reason cant stand the fact that they are not 100k points over us.

If you interpreted hate against BB into my posts you are wrong.

I do not see it as BB faults that night capping is a very successful strategy, but as ANets fault. I only stated the fact that you use it quite extreme, and that it’s successful use is the main reason why you came that close in score to Elona as you did. But I did not judge it, and especially I did not judge BB for it.

But I do NOT like (hate?) that WvW is a game that by design favors PvD over PvP.
But as said: This is a “not like” against ANets game-design, and nothing against BB.

And i find the latin-americans the more charming explanation, than any other. And again it would be not BB or it’s players fault, they would be there because the like to speak spanish, a perfect reason, that does not need any justification. If it would be true, it would only open a question to ANet: Why isn’t there a spanish speaking server in NA, if 80% of spanish speaking live in NA-timezone.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

To the thief I fought at some ungodly hour in the morning – thank you for the best 1v1 I’ve ever had. Must’ve gone on for at least twenty minutes, underwater and with a ring of quaggans surrounding us and cheering.

How good it is to be able to fight without three digits of Vizunah swarming in.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arkarian.1679

Arkarian.1679

PS: Quick shoutout to the leaders of RNV and CS. Hope you don’t mind the moa treatment you received one evening while attacking our garrison. It was just for the lulz

I recall that moment… Our raid leader was like: “oh kitten, moa… – What, again? – 3rd time, wtf is going on here?”

hahahah, that was pretty hilarious xD

Anyway, it’s been a great match-up. Too bad we didn’t manage to beat Elona in the end, but anyway I think we did a quite good week, far above our initial expectations (which were to end close to Deso).

By the way, we (BB) do not have any south-american guild covering the low-population hours. We tried several times to recruit them some months ago, but we were unsuccessful. Our nightcapping is only due to our habit to stay up late, and even so I find hard to criticise, as each server has some hours of high and less population. I don’t see any self-criticism from Elona for scoring 500+ after 6:00am doing PvD… Or you’re suggesting that night’s score is worth less than morning’s one? Just a matter of coverage.

Well, I’m glad we had this match-up anyway. Hope we match again in the near future!

in Match-ups

kursk.4890

I do not see it as BB faults that night capping is a very successful strategy, but as ANets fault. I only stated the fact that you use it quite extreme, and that it’s successful use is the main reason why you came that close in score to Elona as you did. But I did not judge it, and especially I did not judge BB for it.

But I do NOT like (hate?) that WvW is a game that by design favors PvD over PvP.
But as said: This is a “not like” against ANets game-design, and nothing against BB.

And i find the latin-americans the more charming explanation, than any other. And again it would be not BB or it’s players fault, they would be there because the like to speak spanish, a perfect reason, that does not need any justification. If it would be true, it would only open a question to ANet: Why isn’t there a spanish speaking server in NA, if 80% of spanish speaking live in NA-timezone.

And morningcapping and weekendcapping extreme is Anet fault? or if use elona is ok? in weeken in baruch no people, all hung over, partys, walking along beach etc … but elona full time in weekend….

and remember the 7k/9k we lost by reset…

close in score to Elona, no is by nightcapping (you weekend and morning counteracts) if baruch close to elona is by the mediocrity that has Elona, many people at all hours, many points won “alarm clock” (vizuna style), Elona = http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ePU9R7xws8Q/UFghFgO1G_I/AAAAAAAADyc/Zx8XUadYt_s/s1600/correr8888c.jpg

Elona needs to learn that not everything is going with 80 people, no fun, fun is play with 30 and pop to megablobs of Elona

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shinzui.3861

Shinzui.3861

Who all was it in Dolyak form and animal tonics on our team spectating clashes on Deso bl? last night you made me giggle lol

dunno exactly anymore, but i think there were 3 dolyaks of GT in your garrison at like 9 pm

soz to you, my dolyak friends, but we had to kick you out there
we were like, nah let them alive just for the sake of them being dolyaks, and then some1 came up with “wait, what if they’re mesmers?” was kinda funny to see you guys running around there though ;D

I apologize as well. I was a little bit ashamed when I kicked one of you off the cliffs, but it had to be done. you can pm me unkown frenemy, I will send you the repaircosts and a new tonic.

Yea that was us [GT], we were bringing supplies (beer, wine).
We where “hi we are just friendly dolieks” but then “NOOOOOOO” and yea we ended dead
But was fun to run beside enemies to see them from another angle : P

PS: thx to [GD] who leted me run around and not be killed

Commanding Officer of Evil Squad [GT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

I’ve been following Desolation matchup threads since we were matched up with Vizu, and this has been the most civilised one ever. I’d like to add my thanks to everyone on all servers for some of the best WvW I’ve played since being bitten by the bug.

Here’s hoping we all get a similar experience in next reset (though it would be nice to have 2 servers with matching populations :-)

By the way – just 7 days to go then you can go see the film dramatization of Desolation’s epic struggle against the Vizunah horde! June 21st – World War V

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in Match-ups

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Umm.Because Elona is not painting all the borderlands green with a large group equiped with golems 1st thing in the morning against zero opposition whatsoever?
Elona sleeps at night and Baruch pvdoors
Baruch goes to sleep at morning,Elona Pvdoors the map green

I believe morning capping is by far more profitable since it also provides with full upgraded towers and keeps that allows you to tank even more points all the way until you go to sleep.I just can’t believe how you chose or pretend to ignore such obvious facts.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dropper.9176

Dropper.9176

And morningcapping and weekendcapping extreme is Anet fault? or if use elona is ok? in weeken in baruch no people, all hung over, partys, walking along beach etc … but elona full time in weekend….

and remember the 7k/9k we lost by reset…

close in score to Elona, no is by nightcapping (you weekend and morning counteracts) if baruch close to elona is by the mediocrity that has Elona, many people at all hours, many points won “alarm clock” (vizuna style), Elona = http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ePU9R7xws8Q/UFghFgO1G_I/AAAAAAAADyc/Zx8XUadYt_s/s1600/correr8888c.jpg

Elona needs to learn that not everything is going with 80 people, no fun, fun is play with 30 and pop to megablobs of Elona

No offence but BB did blobb like everybody else , in the night 03:30 you got 70+ people going straight for full upgraded keeps knowing no body can defend that. Or 2 Days ago 19:09 on BB Bl your blobb was to big for Elo to fight it head on , Unit from Deso did impressiv by trying

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-19709812/gw162.jpg.html

As i said no offence , but please dont get this into a “Your Blobb is bigger than our Blobb” pointless discussion.

(edited by Dropper.9176)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Theylaloba.9276

Theylaloba.9276

Bla, bla, bla, if the Elona score whas 330000 points instead of 237000 you whoud not have any complaint. The problem for you is that BB is a much better opponent than you were thinking. So don’t try to take away the merit of having been about to win the match.
Our coverage time is what we have and not whining about not having coverage in the morning. I am a RNV a TAG that you have seen in the nights and we’re SPANISH, so for your information we don’t have South American Guilds

Be prepared, next time we will win.

Spikipok an RNV Skullbreaker

in Match-ups

Dayra.7405

@kursk and mini:
Do you see a preference for night, morning, afternoon or evening PVD in this statement?

I guess you found the solution for a better (less PvD) match:

I believe morning capping is by far more profitable since it also provides with full upgraded towers and keeps that allows you to tank even more points all the way until you go to sleep.I just can’t believe how you chose or pretend to ignore such obvious facts.

Should morning capping be “by far more profitable” than night-capping you should switch your strategy from night to morning. By that you would turn the current: 2/3 PvD and 1/3 PvP match into a 1/3 all sleeping, 2/3 PvP match.

I would like it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

First pain train i’ve commanded in EB all week, filled bags 2 1/2 times (150 slots) in just over an hour rofl

Nice way to end the matchup!

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sarcasm.2907

Sarcasm.2907

No offence but BB did blobb like everybody else , in the night 03:30 you got 70+ people going straight for full upgraded keeps knowing no body can defend that. Or 2 Days ago 19:09 on BB Bl your blobb was to big for Elo to fight it head on , Unit from Deso did impressiv by trying

As i said no offence , but please dont get this into a “Your Blobb is bigger than our Blobb” pointless discussion.

This fight (and other fights against RED) we have won

Unit Team [Unit]
Cold Space

(edited by Sarcasm.2907)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vanderhart.5036

Vanderhart.5036

This fight (and other fights against RED) we have won
Unit Team [Unit], Cold Space

To Droper:
That “blobb” was only private [RED]Redemption raid with 43 players on a private ts chanel, less 5 scouts (so 38), plus some pugs out of TS priv chanel (maybe 45-50). Elona “blobb” got same numbers or more, but charge to us 2 times, die fast and most of them leave map. And then, you guys had not enough people to fight us. Probably you arrived when the rest of you people left the map. No ofense, only explaining.

To Sarcasm:
Yep, Unit did a very impresib job killing us fast and clean, with some less players than us, a few times (all but one ). We still learning from great guilds like you. The battle near the ruins was spectacular, fun and rather longer than expected. You guys had the tp very close and kept reaching more and more people from Desolation. Very intense, with many charges on both sides.
We need to learn a bit more to compete vs the Big Guilds of WvW like yours.

Good Luck on the new week and Have Fun.

A Greeting and Good Hunting

in Match-ups

Posted by: MrsDelicious.4120

MrsDelicious.4120

@kursk and mini:
Do you see a preference for night, morning, afternoon or evening PVD in this statement?

I see narrow minded guy that can understand that no one is going to wake up al 6 am here, as i understand that no one is going to stay on the computer until 5 am there. You tend to be a little boring a repetitive by saying all the time the same.

Again every server has their own strategy to win some extra points, we play at night you guys wake up early and upgrade the structures and other servers (aka abbadons mouth) put 30 arrow carts in each door. And btw I think we are not a boring server to fight, kitten many people can tell you.