FA/TC/MAG week 3

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Since the last thread was closed down, lol.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: grabemx.9836

grabemx.9836

Since the last thread was closed down, lol.

If we don’t get at least three threads a week closed we are simply not living up to our potential.

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

AoN’s new tactic is to teabag players they kill with Ursan tonic /cry spam.

Discuss.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

Deadleaf will destroy you all. Fufufufufu

Hoopa doopa.

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

It’s good to see my FA brothers back from vacation and kicking some kitten! TC & Mag were starting to convince themselves that they were winning the past 2 weeks because of skill lol!

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

There is a Kodan on Maguuma that is very sad today and I think it needs some hugs ;_;

Attachments:

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Winkin.1490

Winkin.1490

There is a Kodan on Maguuma that is very sad today and I think it needs some hugs ;_;

Trust me, you don’t want to give that individual a hug.

[AoN] All or Nothing

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Trust me, you don’t want to give that individual a hug.

Seriously. Kill it with fire.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

It’s good to see my FA brothers back from vacation and kicking some kitten! TC & Mag were starting to convince themselves that they were winning the past 2 weeks because of skill lol!

Yes that is exactly what everyone thinks when they discuss WvW, skill.

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I just want some variation in the colour. I’m tired of being Green all the time and stuck in an ugly swamp. :P

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

First solo vid, thx TC & FA for helping out

http://youtu.be/iE5IYdvTEOs

[Ark]Noober

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Hold the phone my lord – who was relating ppt to skill?

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiltor.9362

Kiltor.9362

tonight was def some good fun, looking forward to tomorrow

Kiltor – [Retribution] –

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kigera.9584

Kigera.9584

Lol, aren’t you the same guy that said " FA only plays for fights"? Seems like you’re bragging about coverage now.

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Bucket Lips.5017

Lol, aren’t you the same guy that said " FA only plays for fights"? Seems like you’re bragging about coverage now.

You are most certainly correct, FA only cares about fights. But to get good fights, sadly you have to win the PPT game. We have no intention of going back to silver, it was awful.

I’m responding to a particular TC in the following post along with the rest of your server and Mag as well.

“Tallis.5607:

What’s happening with FA these weeks, losing so badly?

Is the new season coming up and they want to drop a league AGAIN, so they can win some matches?

Seriously, show some pride!"

As PPT-coverage is the only real way to prove if a server is “showing up” or not, this week so far has shown that FA is a strong server and definitely “shows some pride” If you think for one second that my server has or will “tank” you are sadly mistaken. We will fight like a wounded bear to the bitter end. You can bank on that.

Hope this clarifies things better for you.

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

FXLEACH.9436

FA is the best server.
KH is the best wvw guild.
Tyrion is the best commander.

There, things are totally clarified and clear now. Now the arguments can stop and this place won’t be deleted and we’ll return to how it was 8 months ago when things were fresh and interesting and still fun.

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I thought arena net wanted to remove this section of forum?

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

look look look

you guys are slacking

you have to come up with parody options for “my two rets”

chop chop

also i want dark room gvg this week. who is down?

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

(edited by Zoel.9154)

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

FXLEACH.9436

Dark room gvg sounds fantastic. Should I use deer potions or quaggan?

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kigera.9584

Kigera.9584

You are most certainly correct, FA only cares about fights. But to get good fights, sadly you have to win the PPT game. We have no intention of going back to silver, it was awful.

You guys looked pretty PPT oriented the first two weeks post leagues. That was before your ratings started to drop during the holidays.

KH is the best wvw guild.

You mean best guild NA.

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

TC is winning the arrow cart wars.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hydrobutter.9172

Hydrobutter.9172

I’m responding to a particular TC in the following post along with the rest of your server and Mag as well.

“Tallis.5607:

What’s happening with FA these weeks, losing so badly?

Is the new season coming up and they want to drop a league AGAIN, so they can win some matches?

Seriously, show some pride!"

As PPT-coverage is the only real way to prove if a server is “showing up” or not, this week so far has shown that FA is a strong server and definitely “shows some pride” If you think for one second that my server has or will “tank” you are sadly mistaken. We will fight like a wounded bear to the bitter end. You can bank on that.

Hope this clarifies things better for you.

oh okay, well thanks for giving us mag players that hot stock tip

Radio
Co-Guildleader: Wobbly Cat Squad [WCS]

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

First solo vid, thx TC & FA for helping out

http://youtu.be/iE5IYdvTEOs

I remember you @ NWC !
These poor guys, we farmed them for so long.
Nice vid ! Keep them coming

VoxL, NSPPT

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

That RET/HAMR/FA server Hammer Train wiping to less mag pugs at North EK last night was sad. Too bad everyone left for the night after wiping you.

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Couple 2v4 fights. Just wanted to mess around with Sony Vegas, figured I post it anyways.

FA and TC holding true to their requirement of 2:1 odds.

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Couple 2v4 fights. Just wanted to mess around with Sony Vegas, figured I post it anyways.

From my personal experience, you guys also can’t resist you some 3v1. Going to just assume that extends to the rest of Maguuma, and onto the entire GW2 WvW population.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

You could just respond to him directly, rather then going on some silly rant directed at two servers. Claiming greatness after half a match is as equally stupid as those claiming the opposite after a match during the holidays. The poster in question is well known for his naive postings, learn to take it as such.

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

From my personal experience, you guys also can’t resist you some 3v1. Going to just assume that extends to the rest of Maguuma, and onto the entire GW2 WvW population.

Yep, we even kill uplevels. I let the people I’m running with have 1v1’s, but most of the time everyone just runs when they see 2-3 people, which is understandable. However, I don’t 1v1 because I’ll lose. Bad skills and all.

(edited by Tricare.2946)

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Cogbyrn.7283

Yep, we even kill uplevels. I let the people I’m running with have 1v1’s, but most of the time everyone just runs when they see 2-3 people, which is understandable. However, I don’t 1v1 because I’ll lose. Bad skills and all.

I’ve never seen you allow a 1v1, but maybe your group has places to be. In fact, the only times I’ve seen anyone stand back and let a 1v1 happen in the recent past, they always intervene if it looks like their side is about to lose. Always. So my expectations aren’t exactly high when I charge into 2-3 people. I just like to fight.

Just serving as the obligatory “the population of your server demonstrates the same behavior as every other server” guy.

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

Lets see how many iterations of this weeks thread we can get going. I’d like to see this one get closed before the day is over.

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

I’ve never seen you allow a 1v1, but maybe your group has places to be. In fact, the only times I’ve seen anyone stand back and let a 1v1 happen in the recent past, they always intervene if it looks like their side is about to lose. Always. So my expectations aren’t exactly high when I charge into 2-3 people. I just like to fight.

Just serving as the obligatory “the population of your server demonstrates the same behavior as every other server” guy.

I doubt you’ve ran into us enough to know anything. I don’t think I’ve ever seen HOPE with less than 20+randoms running around.

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Cogbyrn.7283

I doubt you’ve ran into us enough to know anything. I don’t think I’ve ever seen HOPE with less than 20+randoms running around.

If you’re looking for HOPE, that’s the first problem, because my tag is HERO.

Second, HERO doesn’t really WvW often at all, and if they do, I can’t imagine more than 10 people getting in the group to just run around for some fun. No serious WvW business in this guild.

Third, I specifically ran into you folks in EB on… I think Friday night. Your bright blue mohawk stands out, and I jokingly whispered to Rennoko (good person, good player) to tell you to make sure you include the 1v3 trains you ran over me with on multiple occasions in your next video. I guess I didn’t make the cut. I kept coming back hoping more FA would generally be in the area to actually make it a fight, but it never really happened, so I got trucked repeatedly.

Every fight’s a good learning experience though, and I understand that groups can’t always just sit around to allow for 1v1s to happen, especially when you’re on our side of the map and pubs can be liable to see a fight and come engage without thinking anyway. At the end of the day it’s not Roaming vs. Roaming, so getting run over is part of the job. I’m just mostly entertained when people act like their server, or they themselves, don’t jump at the chance to outnumber someone in a fight as well.

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

Second, HERO doesn’t really WvW often at all, and if they do, I can’t imagine more than 10 people getting in the group to just run around for some fun. No serious WvW business in this guild.

Third, I specifically ran into you folks in EB on… I think Friday night. Your bright blue mohawk stands out, and I jokingly whispered to Rennoko (good person, good player) to tell you to make sure you include the 1v3 trains you ran over me with on multiple occasions in your next video. I guess I didn’t make the cut. I kept coming back hoping more FA would generally be in the area to actually make it a fight, but it never really happened, so I got trucked repeatedly.

Every fight’s a good learning experience though, and I understand that groups can’t always just sit around to allow for 1v1s to happen, especially when you’re on our side of the map and pubs can be liable to see a fight and come engage without thinking anyway. At the end of the day it’s not Roaming vs. Roaming, so getting run over is part of the job. I’m just mostly entertained when people act like their server, or they themselves, don’t jump at the chance to outnumber someone in a fight as well.

Yeah, I read your signature wrong. My bad.

Also, I remember you in EBG. You did have a 1v1 with Rennoko, I sat there an watched, you even downed him(he likes to think that signet heal works). Sorry not going to let him or anyone I’m running with get spiked, that’s when I jumped in. Also, someone else from your server showed up.

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrazyRabidSquirrel.9274

CrazyRabidSquirrel.9274

Maybe try OS or SvP is you want even fights. But lawl at that cuz 2v1 and 3v1 is normal in SvP and TvP and people handle it cuz it’s their job. I hate to be the one to tell you this, but WvW happens to be a matchup between entire servers, not just 1 or 2 people. You’re setting yourself up to get ganked repeatedly and ragequit if you expect fair duels.

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

Also, I remember you in EBG. You did have a 1v1 with Rennoko, I sat there an watched, you even downed him(he likes to think that signet heal works). Sorry not going to let him or anyone I’m running with get spiked, that’s when I jumped in. Also, someone else from your server showed up.

Same thing happened with me. I let Ho fight him alone and some RET engineer came up the hill just as Ho got downed and was starting to get spiked so I tried to intervene. It would be pretty noteworthy if someone didn’t intervene in that circumstance not the other way around.

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Cogbyrn.7283

Actually, you’re right. Now that I think back to that fight, it was mostly just me vs. Rennoko. At the time it felt like it had turned into a 2v2, and I’m sure Rennoko took collateral damage from my ally. Also the fact that he was trying out builds (I talked to him a smidge a bit afterwards) didn’t do him any favors in that situation, as Necro vs. Necro can be… precarious.

But I digress. I hadn’t fully noticed you staying out of that particular 1on1 at the time, as I was a bit occupied. Cheers for appreciating the enjoyment of the WvW 1v1 and honoring it appropriately. It doesn’t mean I didn’t get trained on other times, but you aren’t there for my 1v1 pleasure, and I only hold that against groups who try to cry number-foul against others.

I’ll always be appreciative of any 1v1 scenarios anyone in-game allows to happen. If ever I find one, I actually often don’t stomp the person if I do win, as I don’t really need the kill added to my stats. I just appreciate the fight. I think some people interpret that behavior differently though, but oh well.

Except Thieves. I down any Thief I end up killing. I have close to no respect for that class.

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Bucket Lips.5017

Mag meet TC…. TC meet Mag, please feel free to get acquainted. Oh, and if you’re feeling really adventurous and want to add some variety to your life then try visiting each others BL , you just may enjoy doing something different

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Cogbyrn.7283

Mag meet TC…. TC meet Mag, please feel free to get acquainted. Oh, and if you’re feeling really adventurous and want to add some variety to your life then try visiting each others BL , you just may enjoy doing something different

Don’t ever try to get them to stop attacking us. I’d much rather they bring the fight to us then us having to go out and find the fight with them.

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Lol after what I saw last night? Kettle meet pot!

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I thought about offering you some 1v1’s Coghbyrn, but I tend to find Necro vs. Necro to be quite tedius, and really I am getting too spoiled with builds that are heavily reliant on someone else to do things like heal me and remove conditions so that I have entered a strange psuedo helpless state in those kind of 1vX fights as a really glassy condi build.

The game in general has reached a state for me where unless you are running a mesmer/elementalist/thief you may as well not have a downed state, because you are getting spiked. The disparity between those 3 downed states and everyone else is so wide, the out-numbered fights becomes a difficult case for the rest of us.

I actually hated killing you over and over again, but to leave up a player who does significant damage out of respect, only to have you get backed up by more than we can handle doesn’t sound smart. In all fairness we would have left you alone if you weren’t coming at us. The days of polite 1v1 fights and people stepping back seem to be long behind us, as the “trains” like to go completely out of there way for a single person, regardless if they are 1v1’ing or not.

I have more or less given up hope that the development team has anything but vile hatred for small man teams, fighting, and use of any skills that are not AOE and useful in a 30+ vs 30+.

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

I thought about offering you some 1v1’s Coghbyrn, but I tend to find Necro vs. Necro to be quite tedius, and really I am getting too spoiled with builds that are heavily reliant on someone else to do things like heal me and remove conditions so that I have entered a strange psuedo helpless state in those kind of 1vX fights as a really glassy condi build.

The game in general has reached a state for me where unless you are running a mesmer/elementalist/thief you may as well not have a downed state, because you are getting spiked. The disparity between those 3 downed states and everyone else is so wide, the out-numbered fights becomes a difficult case for the rest of us.

I actually hated killing you over and over again, but to leave up a player who does significant damage out of respect, only to have you get backed up by more than we can handle doesn’t sound smart. In all fairness we would have left you alone if you weren’t coming at us. The days of polite 1v1 fights and people stepping back seem to be long behind us, as the “trains” like to go completely out of there way for a single person, regardless if they are 1v1’ing or not.

I have more or less given up hope that the development team has anything but vile hatred for small man teams, fighting, and use of any skills that are not AOE and useful in a 30+ vs 30+.

Geez wall of text much? Its cold out there, hope you are wearing layers of clothes.

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Cogbyrn.7283

Truth be told, I find Necro 1v1s to be pretty tedious as well, and it can either feel pretty easy or impossible based on my Utilities alone. Then again, that’s kind of the case for other classes as well, ie no Corrupt Boon means it’s going to be a hard time vs. Eles/Guards. Alternatively, having Corrupt Boon against a Thief/Necro is often a wasted slot.

As far as downed states, I have to take putting someone in downed state in a 1vX as a personal victory, because stomping as a Necro is just silly buggers. I’m generally disappointed in the balance between downed states and each class’s personal ability to down someone, but oh well. Dropping someone in the midst of 5+ trying to kill me feels good regardless.

And yes, I know you wouldn’t have killed me repeatedly had I not kept attacking, but like I said, I engage in any fights I can find the second I spawn. That means any fights. I don’t have a single hard feeling about it, I was just pointing it out based on Tricare’s comment before his vid. Most often, I poke at groups of players to see if I can draw one person out for any duration before the rest of the group catches up. If I get that surprise down with a Grasp/Immob/Scythe/LBs combo, it warms my heart before my inevitable demise.

At any rate, seeing roamers that aren’t Thieves/Mesmers is something I’ll always enjoy, and if I ever see your group anywhere in any map, I’ll be engaging. Unless you’re already outnumbered. I very often skip fights that are 1v1s or where the enemy is outnumbered, to the point where I’ll watch an enemy escape right by me when I could have stopped them because it was something like 1v3 already for several seconds. I fully expect to die when I dive at your group of folks, as you all seem to know what you’re doing. It won’t stop me from diving, though, to see if I can eek out a bit better play and survive/do more damage than the previous attempt.

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: kartek.6428

kartek.6428

does RET actually have fun running in a massive blob every night lol i dont get it

Kyra – Stormbluff Isle – [Agg] – Mesmer

(edited by kartek.6428)

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

FXLEACH.9436

yes
asdfasdfja;sldjf

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

does RET actually have fun running in a massive blob every night lol i dont get it

RET and RET have been waiting for a post like this.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

WTB more open-field tonight. Had to break open TC WK a few times to find it rip.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

WTB more open-field tonight. Had to break open TC WK a few times to find it rip.

We were running all over Mag BL tonight why you leave us ? ;-; </3

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Mag had a queue, we couldn’t get in

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

FA/TC/MAG week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Mag had a queue, we couldn’t get in

Sorry to hear that

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever