FSP vs Gandalf Schwarzenegger vs Apollo Glade

in Match-ups

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Was stuck on FS BL last night while we had two guild raids pointlessly running about looking for the oppositions guild raids to run into each other and gather loot bags/become them. Massive queues during prime time meant I couldn’t escape.

Whilst the guild ‘raids’ were on, no comm tagged until near the end which attracted 10-15 people.

For the entirety of the time the guilds were on, we held exactly one camp, one tower. Then after the small pug group spent the time knocking down the gates we finally waved carrots at the guild raids who condescended to grace us with their presence to fight inside bay and take it (as there were defenders to kill).

I’m sure the guild fights were great fun, but they contributed almost nothing to the score for the whole evening, and in a match up that is this close that could really have hurt the server. Watching one ‘melee train’ fight another ‘melee train’ was about the most tedious thing I have seen in wvw, Stop, Buff. Charge. Hammers. Press 1, press 1, press1. Stop. Buff. Keep in a ball. Water fields. Blast. Wells. Yawn. Why people still stand and wave at it from the front I have no idea- they are quite easy to beat on an open field with a bit of co ordination as the balling up is also their downfall, as is the reliance on the the eles and necros who tend to be on the wings, and the ball tends to focus all it’s damage to the front.

As soon as the guild raids were over a comm tagged up and we were able to have some nice fights and actually hold on to some points as well.

more funny bashing a door or sitting on ac right?if u want a server who play like u want transfer on abbadon mouth then.

As usual, most people’s comments are missing the point.

It would be more useful if the guild groups didn’t ONLY chase around the enemy 20 man guild groups and then run into each other spamming 1, spin around, rebuff, rinse, repeat. I’m sure it’s great fun, and each to their own. I’m not asking them to spend all their time pvd (or even pvdefence squads)- just a little consideration for what you are leaving behind for others to have to deal with.

The problems this cause only show up after they finish their raids- when people notice that enemy towers are now all t3 with full supplies and camps are fully upgraded.

It was VERY noticable on that particular BL on that particular night, and hence why I felt it would be good to mention it on the forums.

Perhaps in future guilds can try and co ordinate a bit better and consider all the players in wvw, not just their own interests (i know, human nature..), and maybe have the smaller of the raids tag up for a bit and fight for some objectives (don’t worry, plenty of defenders to kill, they just don’t die to mindless melee trains).

On a totally different note, I have to say that fighting as an engineer against melee trains is so much fun from even on top of a rock, or just dodge roll twice then it’s free damage!

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

The patch just saved woodhaven.

And it saved gandara half an hour of dps’ing the gate

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: NvN.4321

NvN.4321

On a totally different note, I have to say that fighting as an engineer against melee trains is so much fun from even on top of a rock, or just dodge roll twice then it’s free damage!

It’s not the melee train that kills, it’s the combined spike from backline. It takes effort to stop good melee train and it takes A LOT of effort to efficiently drive one.
As for your post before :
Outside of prime time there are many opportunities for you to tag up, use the TS channel and command your desired game play. You’ll get to drive 30 man zerg most of the time.
Ask them to join you on TS. Most of the people on TS will be from w3 guilds and will know how to fight. Up to you to coordinate them and shape the borderland.

Take initiative outside of forum posting. Forum posting is easy mode.

Krosis Hellfire

in Match-ups

Posted by: Questular.8359

Questular.8359

corpse jumping while downing me 4 vs 1 Gandara? Stay classy

Necro KALE guild
FSP Server.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

mother of battles 0.0

Attachments:

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in Match-ups

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

We had a HEH guy run into us (VoTF) when we were getting ready to attack in Bay at one point….
I think we were so surprised we didn’t even attack for a while :p

(edited by Genev.2450)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eldanesh.2390

Eldanesh.2390

Thanks to [NR] for the GvG tonight. Was good fun poking your squishies

Idlescholar, [JDGE] Thief
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: climbatize.8729

climbatize.8729

Cheers to NR for the gvg again , was fun !

TDA

in Match-ups

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

Thanks [NR] for the fun GvGs!

Also thanks to the guilds we fought afterwards in the borderland, was a good night

Sorry for joining in on that fight XxX

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Thank you for all the fight on AG border, Diva, Bt, Ic, Ons.
Aoa, rest of the pugs i don’t remember all the tags!
Video coming soon!

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Attunement.2735

Attunement.2735

Very enjoyable fights on the AG BL today.

Attachments:

Aurora Glade [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nemesys.7251

Nemesys.7251

thanks for the fight on fsp border got only 3 warrior until 22.30 :/ but still was fun.

Nem Bloodworthy[XxX]

http://oncewerenoobs.shivtr.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: izze.3284

izze.3284

thanks for all the nice fights on AG border today – i tagged along with AoA

[SWAG]Izze
Frostfang, Howler, 2x Sunrise, Predator, Kamohoali’ Kotaki

in Match-ups

Posted by: BlackRain.9537

BlackRain.9537

Brodd Junior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Some good roaming encounters this match up. Congrats to Gandara and FSP for the good fights. Makes a nice change from the blobby german servers.

[team] necromancer.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rich.1528

Rich.1528

Had some good smallscale action this week, thank you, Gandara and FSP guys, for fun

Richmond
Golden Horde [GH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

mother of battles 0.0

Those were interesting fights

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in Match-ups

Amelia Knox.9362

Video uploading, of yesterday, 1 hour of constant action for a 3 hour raid, was pretty insane, an other 4 hours before the video it’s finished

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

It’s not the melee train that kills, it’s the combined spike from backline. It takes effort to stop good melee train and it takes A LOT of effort to efficiently drive one.
As for your post before :
Outside of prime time there are many opportunities for you to tag up, use the TS channel and command your desired game play. You’ll get to drive 30 man zerg most of the time.
Ask them to join you on TS. Most of the people on TS will be from w3 guilds and will know how to fight. Up to you to coordinate them and shape the borderland.

Take initiative outside of forum posting. Forum posting is easy mode.

Only one problem_ I can’t use ts due to real life issues. If you want to know why, pm me, as it’s not something I care for the whole world to know. I used to lead 80 man battles in PW, etc etc but sadly cannot any more.

Much better effort last night- although after the reset I saw a couple small roaming guild groups in EB. I think we all just a little jaded with the appearance of pve in wvw with the latest LW update, and by 11.30pm there weren’t many left on EB and even less on borders.

Gotta love those updates…

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Match-ups

Posted by: aegnosis.8037

aegnosis.8037

We had very fun times so far at this match-up as ONS. Due to queues and skill lag couldnt play effectively but we had really good fights against HoB VII FIRE DAWN and lots of other good guilds cant remember their name at the moment. Thanks goes to you mates

Guardian of One Night Stand[ONS] Gandara. http://www.onsgw2.com

in Match-ups

Silent Shino.7239

We had a HEH guy run into us (VoTF) when we were getting ready to attack in Bay at one point….
I think we were so surprised we didn’t even attack for a while :p

I wonder who that could have been

All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

fun stuff at AG bl just now against that mixed group with the dawn guardians and mesm, the unity guardian and the ele from w/e guild I cant recall now, best fights we had in a long time, cheers.
too bad about adds on both sides, but they all melted fast anyway :p

that healing and condition removal was almost impossible to fight against, I’m exhausted, requiring urgent hydration.

cheers <3

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Tnx HoB for yesterdays fights, so nice to fight old guildies & server friends again. Also killing u is sweet I cant deny that

Hope for more fights like that, un-interupted & Close to equal numbers, a rarity these Days.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

TDA versus NR, 6 rounds of 12vs12 GvG
http://youtu.be/fMNlirYx850

Thanksu guise ’n gals, was good fun :>

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Match-ups

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

Can anyone from PunK, DiVa, DFC or any other guild that run 17-25ish send me a mail with what border you will be on tonight?
Would be nice to meet PunK and DiVa atleast once in this matchup, and as today is our last raid day it will be our last chance in a very long time :P

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in Match-ups

Amelia Knox.9362

Rough Cut of yesterday Action Very long, plenty of Action Ty for the Amazing Night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6qMZvVEoa0&feature=youtu.be

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oren.1736

Oren.1736

fun stuff at AG bl just now against that mixed group with the dawn guardians and mesm, the unity guardian and the ele from w/e guild I cant recall now, best fights we had in a long time, cheers.

that healing and condition removal was almost impossible to fight against, I’m exhausted, requiring urgent hydration.

cheers <3

We had fun too, since we kept coming back, though fighting vs a dedicated perplexity group is rather annoying. The ele was from CSP, though all of us are actually old buddies from unity.

S U P E R Oron – [TCHU]
Charr Guardian – Gandara(EU)
“KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOMS”

in Match-ups

Posted by: dangerdoom.3862

dangerdoom.3862

cheers <3

We had fun too, since we kept coming back, though fighting vs a dedicated perplexity group is rather annoying. The ele was from CSP, though all of us are actually old buddies from unity.

The only one using perplexity runes was the TUP engi from our pov. Thanks for the fights.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

This has been such a fun matchup for late night and early morning roaming/small group sieging. Thanks to the FSP and AG night crews for the good fights. I look forward to the rest of the week

Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lord Jim.3971

Lord Jim.3971

cheers <3

Was only me (Charr mesmer) running Perplexity and the amount of stability uptime you guys had interrupts weren’t exactly free flowing but yeah we’d have had a lot of confusion output from just the classes. The fights were awesome its been a long time since we’ve got that worked up on TS during morning roaming. Thanks.

Conchis – Tchuu Tchuu I’m A Train [TCHU] – Gandara

(edited by Lord Jim.3971)

in Match-ups

Silent Shino.7239

I spent around 2 hours continually contesting Gandaras keep, in the end they had at least two people covering every entrance and a party of 5 hunting me down. Here are some of my highlights. I have covered my skills to prevent people copying me and doing the same to us and yes, they really did put down an anti stealth trap on a guardian.

The last picture was taken after I had finally given up.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

FrouFrou.4958

I spent around 2 hours continually contesting Gandaras keep, in the end they had at least two people covering every entrance and a party of 5 hunting me down. Here are some of my highlights. I have covered my skills to prevent people copying me and doing the same to us and yes, they really did put down an anti stealth trap on a guardian.

There was AG ranger speed hacking around the keep, think people were more after him than you since people were desperately trying to catch him for reporting.

in Match-ups

Silent Shino.7239

There was AG ranger speed hacking around the keep, think people were more after him than you since people were desperately trying to catch him for reporting.

most of those people were there before he appeared

(edited by Silent Shino.7239)

in Match-ups

FrouFrou.4958

When I got into eb some hours ago and through the whole time I was there no one complained about a guardian in the map chat, just about the ranger. Sorry if he stole your spotlight.

in Match-ups

Silent Shino.7239

When I got into eb some hours ago and through the whole time I was there no one complained about a guardian in the map chat, just about the ranger. Sorry if he stole your spotlight.

not even that guy that built a ballista? I must say that I’m disappointed :L

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lutto.8745

Lutto.8745

On the omega golem pic, we have people daily who walks them out and take a stroll around with them alone…

Member of [SoZ] GM of mEIGHT [mEJT]
S1/S2 Legend Engineer @ Gandara EU.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asrok.2193

Asrok.2193

Tnx HoB for yesterdays fights, so nice to fight old guildies & server friends again. Also killing u is sweet I cant deny that

Hope for more fights like that, un-interupted & Close to equal numbers, a rarity these Days.

Not a strong night for us with our 2 guardians but we seem to have gotten the better of the exchange after the first fight, all great fights. Also thanks to XxX always awesome running into you guys.

Love killing you more rav <3

Asrok – Hand of Blood [HoB] – Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Questular.8359

Questular.8359

A bit disapointed with the “roamers” so far (today) i encounterd people running away comming back with 3 or 4 friends, 1 person actually building a balista in a tower to i guess defend it from my 1 man army and if i find a roamer it’s 1 of 3 classes.
1. perma stealth thief
2. condi engi
3. condi nerco

Kinda dull vs my dps mesmer.

Necro KALE guild
FSP Server.

in Match-ups

Amelia Knox.9362

Ty for the duels to Rifle Engi of XxX Fsp Guild at the windmill, i was the Warrior, while waiting in queue
/Cheer

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: gladius.9460

gladius.9460

As usual, most people’s comments are missing the point.

It would be more useful if the guild groups didn’t ONLY chase around the enemy 20 man guild groups and then run into each other spamming 1, spin around, rebuff, rinse, repeat. I’m sure it’s great fun, and each to their own. I’m not asking them to spend all their time pvd (or even pvdefence squads)- just a little consideration for what you are leaving behind for others to have to deal with.

The most selfish gvg players (the play to lose crowd, as i call them) aren’t on gandara (gw2?) anymore.

The only players who hinder our wvw efforts are commanders who don’t inspire confidence. When you follow one of the few great commanders (I won’t name them, and you probably know them), you know your inventory will be full of loot bags and badges. When you follow the others, you only know that anything can happen.

Gandarans don’t build and refresh siege. That’s how it is, and I think we’ve all been forced to accept it. We have to kill enemies in the field, not under our walls, and guild groups do their fair share of that (I hope).

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nemesys.7251

Nemesys.7251

awesome week too many guild to fight,was hoping to met more to train all my new soldiers but still missing some to fight,dunno if we have enough to play tomorow.
thanks for all the fight of this evening,hey vyc just kick someone out u are really too many!

Nem Bloodworthy[XxX]

http://oncewerenoobs.shivtr.com/

in Match-ups

Amelia Knox.9362

Yeah too many guild to fight, next time i’ll wisper you, i want to fight Xxx again, and also try againist Voft didn’t manage to find you guys this week, queue are bad

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

So Boring evening today in AG Borders but atleast tnx to YaK for the few good fights we got there. Hopefully better tomorrow.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Match-ups

Posted by: CharlieBear.2741

CharlieBear.2741

Ty for the duels to Rifle Engi of XxX Fsp Guild at the windmill, i was the Warrior, while waiting in queue
/Cheer

I believe that was me, yeah had some fun duels

[TA] necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

Had some nice duels with Charliebear! and a stunlock warrior tonight at the ruins. I was the backstab thief!

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Was fun farming all those Omega’s this night on EB at our keep while being outmanned.. Ty TanK for all that free exp/wxp/karma!

Off the record: how many Omega’s did u waste? First run was 8, second was 12, third was close to 15 or 16 not sure. Might consider using TS next time cuz most golems were mindless walking around so easy to pew pew..

Gl, hf tonight!

Cheerio

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

Thanks to DiVa, YaK, CNTK & DFC for yesterdays fights on AG borderland. Was a lot of fun to fight you guys, almost not a single skillag when fighting you guys, unless we all were at the same place, while some others just run to many people to not create it in every fight ^^

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in Match-ups

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Great evening in Gandara border.
Seeing guild groups NOT adding a fight is priceless.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xenn.3809

Xenn.3809

Just found this little gem – priceless

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/2-vs-1-Server-planned-matchup-Is-this-legal/

Go, go, gadgetoconspiracy

Xenn [TDA]
Mesmer | Guardian | Necro | Ele
The Banana Team | www.tda.nu

in Match-ups

Amelia Knox.9362

That Thread it’s so good, i was like Wut, he said we typed her ethat we’re ganking up on Fsp, like on this thread!

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader