Some fun duels from the weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc3Y-hSb4SI

Bloody Pirates [YARR]
Gandara [EU]

Gandalf Vs Aurora Vs Millers

in Match-ups

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

I sense distinct lack of qq, trolling and offtopic in this thread, i´m not amused. Stop having such a good time when i´m not there!

On that topic, let´s continue with bbq theme. I wonder if you can grill a big piece of feta cheese without it completely melting. Also i need to find an excuse to buy a coal grill.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caid.4932

Caid.4932

@caid –
So ye I would love to see us delegate a colour BL to – groups running 20+ to one zone, 10-20 and small scale to another, and zergs/commander/community blobs to the other.

Kind regards TUP

Well just stick to ag bl for this match up. Or try, if q’s get in the way then go wherever you see fit.

[Dius]

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Woop! The past few weeks solo roaming has been pretty much impossible to do but now it seems to be doable again, so many other roamers out there! Seems to be all sorts of action for every one from guild groups to small duos, duels, zergs for the zergers too! Had some really nice action the past few days, absolutely loving this match up :>

If the video is blocked in your country, use http://www.hidemyass.com/youtube-proxy and enjoy!

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by FrouFrou.4958)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dark Lord Killer.9473

Dark Lord Killer.9473

Really? MS? Really? Are you taking blobbing to the next level? [Mya] [NXM] and [NO] together, try doing something alone kitten . Real display of skill there! Really dissapointed, especially in [Mya], I thought you guys were different, I was wrong.

Argwulf, Human Guardian
Member of [ASA]
My heart is in the Glade, my feet are in Gandara.

in Match-ups

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

Really? MS? Really? Are you taking blobbing to the next level? [Mya] [NXM] and [NO] together, try doing something alone kitten . Real display of skill there! Really dissapointed, especially in [Mya], I thought you guys were different, I was wrong.

After see’ing AG performance on Millers Border, you should look at some of your own guilds. However, Nice fights with [SM] guild, Killed our gollies :<

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Don’t be like that. rddt and NR were just doing a community event. A 3-legged-race event by the looks of things. Community event isn’t blobbing silly!

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

Match up so awesome. No blobbing at all. All servers just rolling their guild groups, Guild groups not handholding at all. So funny. Oh kittening wait!

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

in Match-ups

Posted by: wombatpanda.8165

wombatpanda.8165

well n1 fights today aswell…but stop the flame plz i know u dont mean it we Fought with 25 guys your whole zone “group” at start of evening and u even started building 2+ ACs and Balistas i think open field …its fine with us we dont complain.
It was never our intention but the whole map was between bay and garri a long time from all servers so you could say everyone was blobbing and everyone dissapointed you. After the skill delay started we went somewhere else to splitt the fights abit all over the map which worked and no “blobbs” then.

Btw you are talking bout an hour of the evening and that is enough to judge us? Well ok as long as the good fights keep comming (TUP!!!) its fine with us

in Match-ups

KinkyWarrior.1879

They’re just frustrated that a matchup which has been promising good fights has gone a bit south. Here’s to hoping it will come back from that.

Nice fight up by LV with NR + BB + Uni, best fight all evening, thanks for that

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Delfurion.5419

Delfurion.5419

Nice fights on Gandalf map today!
thanks to XxX and Yak for some great in the ruins!
big thanks to Pony, u are the best Wingponys ever

this match up is just kittenin’ awesome !!!

[oO]Thor The Thunderer [Guardian]
[oO]Delfurion Stormrage [Thief]
-= [oO] Deadly Fusion =-

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gredunza.5031

Gredunza.5031

I think tonight was just a case of ‘everybody in the same place, at the same time’.
From MS, we had Mya, NXM and NO; from Gand, we had TFV, YARR, INT and IC; and I’m sure there were others I’ve missed.
All of them on our tiny little map, and we were not equally committed to the same place and at the same time

I don’t think there was any intention to blob, and in fact, I don’t think blobbing was done; It was all very separate, organized stuff… But from our side of the hill, there were a LOT of red names

Regardless, we still had decent fighting going on, and there remains a different, friendlier, vibe in this matchup. I hope the rest of the week goes as well as it started

~Rayne Lee [ODDY], Aurora Glade EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: oblivious.8074

oblivious.8074

I just logged in to say Thank you very much for this matchup!
I am having a lot of fun especially after the last one which was equal parts boring and frustrating coz of lag and DCs.

Thanks AG and MS. <3

Main: Combustible Lemon – Asura Engineer
on Piken Square and Gandara.

in Match-ups

Posted by: BrownMonkey.4061

BrownMonkey.4061

I think tonight was just a case of ‘everybody in the same place, at the same time’.
From MS, we had Mya, NXM and NO; from Gand, we had TFV, YARR, INT and IC; and I’m sure there were others I’ve missed.
All of them on our tiny little map, and we were not equally committed to the same place and at the same time

I don’t think there was any intention to blob, and in fact, I don’t think blobbing was done; It was all very separate, organized stuff… But from our side of the hill, there were a LOT of red names

Regardless, we still had decent fighting going on, and there remains a different, friendlier, vibe in this matchup. I hope the rest of the week goes as well as it started

Were you that necro from [ODDY] stalking/bumping into us several times tonight? I don’t think us pirates really participated in any of the big fights. We did check out the orange swords between bay and garrison once (was a 26-way fight involving INT, CNTK, IC, ONS, Mya, TUP, and tons of AG PUGs) and then we just went running rampant around the BL cause the lag was quite bad during the massive fight.

Captain of Bloody Pirates [YARR] – Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

Gandara be careful:- good could turn ugly fast. Obviously I haven’t fought against my beloved piken yet so no idea how they run compared to “old piken” but a friendly heads-up. You can quickly change from being amazing to fight against to reminding us of what tier 2 was like – not pretty (handholding guilds, refusing to leave each others side). Now by that I don’t mean (like for example sunday, where xxx/tda teamed up to get the numbers that tup/mya ran with) I mean the 3-4 groups of 20-25+ standing within kitten ing distance of each other.

While its a challenge for us, and we try things, (poor raid leaders first time against that many groups of organised) and we like a challenge we like fun. It brings with it a fair amount of lag. It can’t be fun to engage 25 enemies with 3 separate groups (at the same time) with your own 20-25+.

Ramble over – keep up the action, finally nice to see so many groups that like to fight (AC hiding in towers kept to a minimum!) great to see.

Missed you gandara a lot – kitten random points sticking us with zzz. Millers, army, qq, mya keep setting the great examples you do to your own server too. Be the open combat DE server for many many moons. Don’t turn into riverside <3

Great action guys (missed first hour of raid myself-so cant comment on how bad/unlucky the fighting was between bay/garri).

Keep it positive, keep it clean. Keep improving and testing each other out.

You know we will all be “blessed” with kitten matchups next week :P One of us will get blobadon (I personally like to fight them more than RS :P), one will get RS and one will get elona and the 3rd opponent for each will be a dead server. What a week to look forward too huh!!!

Kind regards, Dranul TUP

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wamgor.9347

Wamgor.9347

Thanks for the fights Tonight on AG bl Mya, You are the guild to fight ATM and best german guild around, you even have a touch of class without adding which a few guilds don’t ever have a second thought for which is nice to see Just a shame our timezone for raid clash a bit.

From what I heard and saw tonight… Was quite a lot of friendlies against Mya and co… we eventually got our raid very slowly in AG bl… meanwhile there was multiple organised forces of Millers all in the same area in the north west between bay and garrison… a lot o f people wanting to fight our 13 guys :P That is where some of this allegations of millers come from, but really they were 3 separate forces just adding a lot into each other though but it wasn’t for a long period of time and it was where everyone was.

But Gandara on the other hand later on, in the south east camp then all over the rest of the map… for a lot longer duration had multiple guild raids playing together like T2 use to be… hand holding just to fight us, when some of those forces alone were running equal numbers If not more than us… still we got some fun fights But I don’t like to see enemy servers throw stones at Aurora Glade when their own server and guild groups are doing exact same if not worse

So thanks again for the fights MYA you guys set the standard and thanks Gandara for fighting 4+ organised gandara guilds(non small scale) at same time

/Kind Regards TUP

Raid Leader/Officer
The Unlikely Plan (TUP)
Ex Piken Square (EU)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gredunza.5031

Gredunza.5031

Were you that necro from [ODDY] stalking/bumping into us several times tonight? I don’t think us pirates really participated in any of the big fights. We did check out the orange swords between bay and garrison once (was a 26-way fight involving INT, CNTK, IC, ONS, Mya, TUP, and tons of AG PUGs) and then we just went running rampant around the BL cause the lag was quite bad during the massive fight.

Yep, though, I wasn’t stalking you specifically
You just happened to be where I normally scout, the northern towers and camps.

Hope my deaths were at least mildly entertaining

~Rayne Lee [ODDY], Aurora Glade EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: gabal.4520

gabal.4520

I love this matchup, so much fun fights We even decided to troll TUP and MYA a bit by 5 of us charging into their big fight west of Lake tower. Results were obvious It is so funny to see what attack downed you so fast and when you look at combat log it turns out it was EVERY attack

To the AG longbow ranger I fought between Hills and Lake – thanks for a fun fight, too bad another Gandaran jumped in at the end of it. Also, kudos to TUP for running over us and not attacking us while dueling.

Can’t wait for more action tonight – last night wasn’t our regular WvW night and still we had 10 people on, I guess others are enjoying this matchup as well.

Infidelija, boatswain of Bloody Pirates [YARR], lvl 80 elementalist
hobby: busting Trebuchettes
Gandara server

in Match-ups

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

Time for some loving for the smaller guilds, [TDA] will be running alone again tonight, after having run with [XxX] a couple of nights to see what the bigger fights are like. We’ll be specifically hoping to run into some fights with [dC] as our last matchup involved some great skirmishes with them.

Hoping we can get the numbers up to around 10-15, although it’s often a bit random how many we can persuade to join us in our glorious deaths. I think I might even try putting some extra strain on the ol’ cereal box and start recording again. I’m hoping our fellow Gandarans can keep teaming up (bigger guilds at least) to a minimum and the opposing servers likewise.

crosses fingers for some epic fights tonight!

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shadow.9641

Shadow.9641

Awesome eve yesterday on Gandalfs home with my group of guildies, saw (and felt) some good fights between QQ and „My little“ Pony from MS and different guilds from Gandi.

Who was this annoying mage which was runnin circles with me at the cata´s at the ruin??
I was gettin dizzy and sick from all this rounds, seemed like indy 500, but nice fight.

AG and GA are the best opponents in a bracket ever seen since headstart!

HF and lookin forward to a bunch of nice fights!

Big Heimdal
Pikeneer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyialo.6532

Tyialo.6532

Yeah i think everyone love this matchup! Really hope we can hold the great fights the whole week and we all will be happy :P.

@TUP thx for all the praise but we are not at the end… still need to learn. You guys are great too

Tyialo – Mesmer/Warrior
Guildlead of Menelya[Mya] – Piken Square
www.menelya.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: LastDefend.5920

LastDefend.5920

Pony had a lot of fun on GandaraBL yesterday. Nice fights with XxX and Yak at hills and ruins! Was one of our best raids since we created Pony.
Thanks to QQ for the great teamplay and the good comunication.
Was just an awesome evening.

Rezzurian/Jarvia
Gemeinschaft des Einhorns [Pony]
Millersund [DE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nemesys.7251

Nemesys.7251

dunno wich part QQ and Pony have enjoyed..?the one were u need to team up to kill 20 of us with 35/40 all of the time?

Nem Bloodworthy[XxX]

http://oncewerenoobs.shivtr.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: LastDefend.5920

LastDefend.5920

Well we maybe was a few more then you but 35? Pony was at this time 11 and QQ was maybe around 15 i guess. So complain about a 20 vs 26 if you want to; ).

Rezzurian/Jarvia
Gemeinschaft des Einhorns [Pony]
Millersund [DE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nemesys.7251

Nemesys.7251

k like always is useless talk because no one blob and ALL the 3 server are playing with few number group,i go laugh on the other room.

Nem Bloodworthy[XxX]

http://oncewerenoobs.shivtr.com/

in Match-ups

Caid.4932

Wasn’t enough siege capping of hills in this match so …

We doing it right?

Attachments:

[Dius]

in Match-ups

Caid.4932

it escalated a tad

Attachments:

[Dius]

in Match-ups

multivira.7925

Trebs are the new ACs. Riverside better get with the program!

in Match-ups

KinkyWarrior.1879

Who let Ravi out?

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

Guys….
This really won’t work…

Attachments:

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: climbatize.8729

climbatize.8729

Ravik has gone mental , first 20 golems not 30 trebs in there xD

Anyhow cheers to all the MS guilds on AG bl for the fights tonite , we kinda couldnt match you in numbers entire nite , still had fun =)
was bout 10-15 tda mostly about , and soz QQ we didnt engage you most of times since you almost always had another guild grp close.

TDA

in Match-ups

Posted by: ravivkk.7381

ravivkk.7381

I tried to do my German impression was it similar?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kuper.2641

Kuper.2641

Thanks to YaK for the Fun GvG Practise. We learnt a lot fighting you guys. Nice to see the different styles you guys attacked us with, was fun!

Good fights all around, shame about the last fight though

See you on the battlefield!

[VII] Seventh Legion
Ex-Guild/Raid Leader/Commander
www.seventhlegion.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Ty YAK for the awesome Gvg we had lots of fun, hope to do this again very soon.
Pugs ruined a bit but Pugs will be Pugs.

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Beri.3156

Beri.3156

Thanks YaK i had much fun during the GvG.

Last fight was …

Awesome charr necro 66,000 kills
Aurora Glade

in Match-ups

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

Apparently no one who plays on EBG reads the forum, or maybe there is nothing exciting to write about when everyone is typically zerging around. :P

Not today though. MYA farmed us Gandarans for a half hour near Rogues Quarry despite our commander yelling at our pugs to stop chasing. While it was frustrating from a battle perspective, I was still impressed by your coordination and fighting skill.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: Karahol.9840

Karahol.9840

Personally i would like to see a close match-up points-wise, so to get people motivated to fight all week but it’s not gonna happen. Good luck, Gandara on fighting it out with MS.
Still, us dropping in points means we get less chances to face servers like RS, so it’s all good in the end.

Good luck to all.

Aurora Glade’s [Emergency Heroes]

in Match-ups

Posted by: wombatpanda.8165

wombatpanda.8165

only had some fun 1v1 at miller bl windmill today but how did the gvg go? Yak is a strong guild! Sadly we did not meet you Dawn guys till now but you guys are very good aswell maybe we see each other next days we are normally in ag bl with aroubd 25 guys!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lydell.8713

Lydell.8713

I sense distinct lack of qq, trolling and offtopic in this thread, i´m not amused. Stop having such a good time when i´m not there!

On that topic, let´s continue with bbq theme. I wonder if you can grill a big piece of feta cheese without it completely melting. Also i need to find an excuse to buy a coal grill.

I think so. You’d have to really fan the coals a lot until they’re really really super hot just before grilling your feta. The key is to grill the feta in a few seconds on the outside before the inside starts to heat up and melt. Also, having it in the fridge for a while before doing it should help.

Oh wait, this isn’t the SoR/JQ/BG thread? Oh all right, I’ll go back to all the QQ and forum rage… hangs head and walks out

-Blackgate-

in Match-ups

Caid.4932

Apparently no one who plays on EBG reads the forum, or maybe there is nothing exciting to write about when everyone is typically zerging around. :P

Not today though. MYA farmed us Gandarans for a half hour near Rogues Quarry despite our commander yelling at our pugs to stop chasing. While it was frustrating from a battle perspective, I was still impressed by your coordination and fighting skill.

We were there too and had a lot of fun (at times). Had a few good fights with MYA. No commander on the map for about an hour so some of them were a bit silly numbers wise on our side of the fence.
We were going to leave after killing you at the camp / tower near dredge (who’s names i cant remember) but a commander showed up just after and we went back to 20 which was nice.
Few fun fights with NP too. Was a decent evening (for eb anyway).

Personally i would like to see a close match-up points-wise, so to get people motivated to fight all week but it’s not gonna happen. Good luck, Gandara on fighting it out with MS.
Still, us dropping in points means we get less chances to face servers like RS, so it’s all good in the end.

Good luck to all.

Your not that far behind, 10k is nothing (pretty sure we were 2k ahead of you this afternoon, so a few hours is all you need to catch up). Dont ag usually get stronger as the week wears on anyway? Only reward for winning atm is an increased chance of fighting RS and AM anyway as you say. Not much of a reward really is it.

[Dius]

(edited by Caid.4932)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xiderpunk.3206

Xiderpunk.3206

Had a bit of fun with my guardian tonight.. although sadly left a bit frustrated. I was solo roaming around and saw a gandarian necro just jumping up and down watching me. As I moved closer he bowed so I bowed figuring he wants a duel. We start fighting and I notice 2 of his guildmates watching the fight, I am barely damaged after a couple of mins and he is almost down, when his guildmates jump in. Needless to say I get downed and stomped with all three of them jumping up and down on my corpse. All three were from a guild with tag of something like [XYZ] ?

No big deal, we are outnumbered anyway so no repair bill. Just a bit shabby IMHO, initiate a duel and gank when your player starts losing.

I know most Gandarian’s do not do this but none the less it was disappointing.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

Had a bit of fun with my guardian tonight.. although sadly left a bit frustrated. I was solo roaming around and saw a gandarian necro just jumping up and down watching me. As I moved closer he bowed so I bowed figuring he wants a duel. We start fighting and I notice 2 of his guildmates watching the fight, I am barely damaged after a couple of mins and he is almost down, when his guildmates jump in. Needless to say I get downed and stomped with all three of them jumping up and down on my corpse. All three were from a guild with tag of something like [XYZ] ?

No big deal, we are outnumbered anyway so no repair bill. Just a bit shabby IMHO, initiate a duel and gank when your player starts losing.

I know most Gandarian’s do not do this but none the less it was disappointing.

That’s unfortunate, I’m sorry you had a bad experience. Chances are the losing player asked his mates to help once he realized he was going to lose.

Earlier this week I ran up to a lone AG warrior was near Melons and we started goofing around, swinging at each other but not hitting (just auto attacks) and a couple other AG’s ran up and started wailing on me, so I had to run off. Some people just won’t others have any fun. All they see is a 3v1 easy loot bag.

TBH I would love to run around in a transformed state (doll, dolyak, etc…) with the other servers, just to spread some hilarity. If any AG or MS see this and are on EBG around 2100 GMT and want to do this, send me a PM with your IGN and we can see how long we can run around without being killed.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

(edited by Esprit Dumort.3109)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Well done Gandara on defending SM from our 1 hour long assault! that was an awesome fight!

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in Match-ups

Posted by: dangerdoom.3862

dangerdoom.3862

Well done Gandara on defending SM from our 1 hour long assault! that was an awesome fight!

Yeah it was fun, grtz from the big Norn Guardian with cultural armor who punished those who were on the end of the tail ;] yw

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smok.2385

Smok.2385

A big thanks to DAWN for all the fun fights we had on the GvG practise and have to ask sorry about the last fight :<
Ty wombatpanda for the kind words and to MYA for all the intense fights you guys give us. Also have to mention TUP its nice to see that you guys are again (if i can say that) in full force and hitting like a wrecking ball fights against you guys are also very intense ones.
Opponent guilds like these and other ones that we faced on this matchup that motivates us to keep on playing this game so lets keep on the good fights across all maps
Hugs/kisses and a lot of respect to you all from YaKs

Smokkz – Warrior of the Yakslappers [YaK] Warband
Gandara (EU)

in Match-ups

Shadow.9641

One more nice Eve yesterday

An unexspected Raid with our friends from [WK] (thanks guys for taking us with you and very nice lead!) with some good fights all over AG BL.

Afterwards some roaming with my guildies was also quite funny.

At the end we had to see that GA startet an massive Attack on EB and on our home and kept everything. Don´t know why MS Nighties weren´t as strong as normal, maybe it was the heat.

But doesn´t matter at all allready, had one more eve with nice fights and a lot of fun, that matters

HF and GL

Big Heimdal
Pikeneer

in Match-ups

Posted by: mhangman.4382

mhangman.4382

i really love to fight with gandara. gj guys. ms also not like rs <3

Yengold Gentleharp
[WIM]@Aurora Glade

in Match-ups

multivira.7925

Lot’s of intense fighting last night on AG borderlands. Wasn’t very familiar with [WK] and [AN] guilds before, but soon got a bit too familiar with them :P

There were so many tasty guild groups roaming around that map, we couldn’t believe our luck. Most of the time they were around equal size when caught out alone, with the occasional unavoidable adding in of others guilds. Brilliant fights all around, so thanks to all the evil enemies involved

(edited by multivira.7925)

in Match-ups

Posted by: hallonknopp.6532

hallonknopp.6532

Pugs ruined a bit but Pugs will be Pugs.

Ah yeah, those kitten pugs doing what they want and not what you want. Can’t trust them a bit.

Random PUG (scum)

in Match-ups

Shadow.9641

TDA … hehe, I know your tag very well!
Cause you brought an awesome fit of laughter over me and 4 gildies

That´s just, cause we didnt check 2 times, that your team was rolling towards us until we were in downstate, as we were roaming arround. Was two times a example for mass-blindness or idioty or something like that.

But was good, we had a bunch of fun (we droped some tears of laughter) and we had good fights – that´s the way it should be

Big Heimdal
Pikeneer