Gate of Sadness/Eredon Basement/Anvil Paper

in Match-ups

Posted by: QuickLime.7253

QuickLime.7253

LOL this guy from ASH gonna talk now. Thats why your guild declined a gvg and i have multiple videos of you wiping

They turn down your offer because one MAJOR reason, no loot bags in PvP. AKA “Cupcakes” as ASH calls them. They go where the potental for loot bags are highest. Orange swords, large group attacking a keep, anywhere large zergs gather will always trump a GvG challenge.

Therefore, your challenge rings hollow.

~Limey :D
Chikyu no Pawa – Elementalist [RH]
~The Rain Dancing Elementalist~

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Covered Wars.4380

I Covered Wars.4380

LOL this guy from ASH gonna talk now. Thats why your guild declined a gvg and i have multiple videos of you wiping

They turn down your offer because one MAJOR reason, no loot bags in PvP. AKA “Cupcakes” as ASH calls them. They go where the potental for loot bags are highest. Orange swords, large group attacking a keep, anywhere large zergs gather will always trump a GvG challenge.

Because the reason we play WvW is for the loot. Also I would actually be surprised if ASH did accept a GvG because so far the ones I fought while roaming were actually kinda bad.

in Match-ups

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

PSST, Ill let you guys in on a little secret: You can pin in GvG’s.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

Posted by: Narcin Roc.3018

Narcin Roc.3018

Is it midnight over there on Eredon Terrace?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Is it midnight over there on Eredon Terrace?

Its almost 1am for me… Why?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

Let’s see the videos then. I love pokin’ the bear.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Covered Wars.4380

I Covered Wars.4380

I have a video of ASH wiping. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pvd2SCTSoc

hehehe I’m sorry.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Murdoc.4251

Murdoc.4251

lol Jambo i have videos floating around my guild of us wiping you multiple times. Unl;ess u have any saying other wise. IoM will roll any guild on your server thats why none will accept a GvG we have tried and all declined

Wait. You have videos of IoM rolling a guild of one guy? That’ll really show us who’s boss. Work on that trolling, bud. It’s lacking.

[HDS] – Gate of Madness
Murdoc Jones – Brock Jones – Murdoch Jones – Jaedmara Jones
Warrior – Guardian – Ranger – Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: JamboHammer.4397

JamboHammer.4397

lol Jambo i have videos floating around my guild of us wiping you multiple times. Unl;ess u have any saying other wise. IoM will roll any guild on your server thats why none will accept a GvG we have tried and all declined

Wait. You have videos of IoM rolling a guild of one guy? That’ll really show us who’s boss. Work on that trolling, bud. It’s lacking.

id love to see them videos to be honest lol cuz ive never died to IoM. thats whats makeing me laugh so hard at this guy.

Nsp,Gom,Mag[Yaks Bend] Asura Thief- Chronic Fangs/Asura War- Karcerus/Norn Mes- Karcmerus
Charr Ele- Mack Jack/Human Guardian- Karcian/Human Necro- Karcermancer/
Asura Rev- Kushatronium/Asura Engi- Kushatronic /Sylvari Ranger- Karcushian

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

If TFI left ET, why I still see towers/camps being claimed by their guild? Didn’t all of them left?

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in Match-ups

Posted by: Muramasa.6487

Muramasa.6487

ET get those transfers yet? If not, gg

in Match-ups

Crunk n monkey.3749

Does ET even have a keep right now? I don’t think so.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Muramasa.6487

Muramasa.6487

Probably transferring to a silver league server or HoD. HoD seems like a pretty ballin bronze league server. Obviously can’t find what I’m looking for here.

in Match-ups

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

I’m sorry, but the max we had was 20. There was 15 of us in TS, maybe a max of 5 pugs with us. The max of Omegas we had was 5, which was the same amount you used to defend garrison. I will say the event was pretty fun. But we wondered when we wiped the first time taking your garrison, you didn’t push to retake Bay? At any point during the night? We loved the prolonged fight at garrison and give props for fighting hard. And we expected the same fight at Hills, to our disappointment we met only a 3rd of the same opposition. We were gonna stop with the keeps, but we decided to take everything and spent the next hour and a half doing so. By the end we met more opposition from AR than ET in your BL.

Well this is going to be another I say, you say argument. No point on keep going since neither of us have screen shots of it, but we were all there, what you fought was ET’s whole population, minus 3 or 4 that was trying to hold EB, so we all know how many GoM and ET was at ET border attacking and defending.
Why we didn’t retake Bay? Because as I said, that was all our peeps and we couldn’t spare anyone to retake bay when you kept coming and going from Garrison to Hills with omegas. At first we splited and retake the north towers while you were busy, but you kept returning to the north towers, probably for karma, not even 1 min after the RI went down.

Not only that but when our commander decided to give up on the fight and drained Hills supply to make omegas to fight your omegas at Garrison (and of course, lose the fight), two others and I stayed at Hills defending from 6 persons from ASH. They came 3 times knocking on south gate and we repelled them. After the 3d try, we had 0 supply, couldn’t take the camp back and about to lose Garrison also. That’s when I left WvW and probably what our defenders also did after losing Garrison.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

(edited by azyume.6321)

in Match-ups

Crunk n monkey.3749

I’m sorry, but the max we had was 20. There was 15 of us in TS, maybe a max of 5 pugs with us. The max of Omegas we had was 5, which was the same amount you used to defend garrison. I will say the event was pretty fun. But we wondered when we wiped the first time taking your garrison, you didn’t push to retake Bay? At any point during the night? We loved the prolonged fight at garrison and give props for fighting hard. And we expected the same fight at Hills, to our disappointment we met only a 3rd of the same opposition. We were gonna stop with the keeps, but we decided to take everything and spent the next hour and a half doing so. By the end we met more opposition from AR than ET in your BL.

Well this is going to be another I say, you say argument. No point on keep going since neither of us have screen shots of it, but we were all there, what you fought was ET’s whole population, minus 3 or 4 that was trying to hold EB, so we all know how many GoM and ET was at ET border attacking and defending.
Why we didn’t retake Bay? Because as I said, that was all our peeps and we couldn’t spare anyone to retake bay when you kept coming and going from Garrison to Hills with omegas. At first we splited and retake the north towers while you were busy, but you kept returning to the north towers, probably for karma, not even 1 min after the RI went down.

Not only that but when our commander decided to give up on the fight and drained Hills supply to make omegas to fight your omegas at Garrison (and of course, lose the fight), two others and I stayed at Hills defending from 6 persons from ASH. They came 3 times knocking on south gate and we repelled them. After the 3d try, we had 0 supply, couldn’t take the camp back and about to lose Garrison also. That’s when I left WvW and probably what our defenders also did after losing Garrison.

That was the strategy, to make you guys drain supply until you couldn’t repair anymore. It’s a slow process, but effective.

Stay tuned, the March of the Dolyaks are coming…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ganking.2089

Ganking.2089

I was commanding when you guys did your dolyak march. I kinda had an obsession with veloka tonight, and had been trying to take it for awhile. Usually we got counter-sieged repeatedly and ran out of supply and had to waypoint. I thought for sure id finally get it that time, then your dolyaks came.

You had more numbers than us as it was. You didn’t even need that unnecessary advantage of summoning a great dolyak army. After this, I have come to the conclusion that GoM plays unfairly. They had a much larger zerg than us, and they still used the unstoppable ungodly power of dolyaks to stampede us. Just relentlessly unfair.

Anvil Rock Faithful ~ TFH – The Fluttering Horde
Parashadow (Mesmer)
WvW Mesmer Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: madchatter.7964

madchatter.7964

You should know by now I’m a huge WvW troll, learned from the best on NSP. Emote spamming, siege griefing, fake guild tags, twink perplexity cheese, all in good fun.

Now you need to come back to GoM to learn how to Fireworks Thief™.

As for ASH gvg… like people have said, we’re pvx, and not everyone plays hardcore wvw… we just like to run together and have a good time, get a little goofy now and then. I don’t even know how we’d choose who would be in a gvg…

Shout out to the HOTS mesmer in EB – lovely flute playing and was fun hanging out with you in tonic form!

GoM – [ASH] | Check out the GoMmunity!
main: Medeina (human d/d ele)
alts: yes xP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

Had a pretty fun time kitten ing around in AR BLs :P Met up with some old time friends and decided to do some whacky/suicidal stuffs! Unfortunately our poorly done golem rush was stomped, but that was just a clever distraction in disguise Costly, but effective :P (Mesmers ftw) xD

Edit: Why is “Durp” censored?

Attachments:

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

(edited by Colt.9051)

in Match-ups

Crunk n monkey.3749

I was commanding when you guys did your dolyak march. I kinda had an obsession with veloka tonight, and had been trying to take it for awhile. Usually we got counter-sieged repeatedly and ran out of supply and had to waypoint. I thought for sure id finally get it that time, then your dolyaks came.

You had more numbers than us as it was. You didn’t even need that unnecessary advantage of summoning a great dolyak army. After this, I have come to the conclusion that GoM plays unfairly. They had a much larger zerg than us, and they still used the unstoppable ungodly power of dolyaks to stampede us. Just relentlessly unfair.

We came to EB because there was no one to entertain in ET’s BL. As soon as we ported into the keep, we saw swords on Veloka, popped our tonics and ran our dolyak zerg.

Good times. We were wondering why you guys were running away, but then again if I saw a good 20 – 30 dolyaks stampeding towards me holding kites and balloons, I wouldn’t stay there either.

in Match-ups

Posted by: DreamAvenue.7692

DreamAvenue.7692

Heyhey. When GoM was doing their ghostlytonic dance party outside ET borderland garrison there was a charr engie from (probably) ET chilling with us. You were playing some music for us and you had a SAB shield in yellow? The Forgers of Orr [TFoR] guild. or something similar to that. confound my goldfish memory! (thank you Jeknar)

Anyway, I was that necro with the flute. It’s a long shot but hey, if you see this toss me a friend request or mail or something!

(edited by DreamAvenue.7692)

in Match-ups

K U T M.4539

If TFI left ET, why I still see towers/camps being claimed by their guild? Didn’t all of them left?

Magnus is still on ET, he may be claiming stuff.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Heyhey. When GoM was doing their ghostlytonic dance party outside ET borderland garrison there was a charr engie from (probably) ET chilling with us. You were playing some music for us and you had a SAB shield in yellow? Fingers of Orr guild or something similar to that. confound my goldfish memory!

Anyway, I was that necro with the flute. It’s a long shot but hey, if you see this toss me a friend request or mail or something!

It was The Forgers of Orr [TFoR] problably…

in Match-ups

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Awwww Maaaaan… I’m missing all the good ASH shenanigans! (also known as ASHenanigans or shenASHigans) Stupid sleep…

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

(edited by titanlectro.5029)

in Match-ups

Posted by: JKFlipFlop.7123

JKFlipFlop.7123

Heyhey. When GoM was doing their ghostlytonic dance party outside ET borderland garrison there was a charr engie from (probably) ET chilling with us. You were playing some music for us and you had a SAB shield in yellow? The Forgers of Orr [TFoR] guild. or something similar to that. confound my goldfish memory! (thank you Jeknar)

Whenever I see you and Bear King in WvW I try to look for you, but when I do find you you’re in a GoM zerg. Next time I’ll just go balls deep and see what I can do xD.

I Am Harmfull – [WHO] ex tM/XOXO
Roamer and Troll
GoM→NSP→AR→NSP→GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Easterbunny.6170

Easterbunny.6170

I hope all you gommiebears appreciate your fights with me. It’s quite fun 1vXing on my necro and getting away with a kill or 2 before I die.

Also to those lv 80s that have had the pleasure of losing to my twink thief, I’m sorry, but not really

And as always, Nighchill is a zerger. Pretty much sums these past two days so far.

Ps. Whenever i see you Dae you’re a tiny asuran in a large zerg, but the hunt goes on.

Pss. Oh and yeah, I’m on AR now, as if it wasn’t obvious

Attacking you at north camp with all my speed traits on and 2 corruption weapons was a bad idea :p You weren’t pushing in, just my own stupidity there.

Couldn’t even get a nice game of condition ping pong going :p

Before this match is over I’m gonna have a good fight with you where I am also set up for 1vx roaming, your pretty decent though man, I will probably still go down first heh. So far I went for you solo on the rock down at Briar and up north and you got me both times I think.

Came back out to fight ya again but 2 other guys had you downed by then. Didn’t even notice it was “that RH guy” till they had you downed heh.

Mummies R Us

Mummies R Us
Gates of Madness Community
DUI Co-Founder

in Match-ups

Easterbunny.6170

Skosh your TC farming video was effing awesome.

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

in Match-ups

Posted by: losieight.4807

losieight.4807

Ar so bad, 15+ wiped by 4 in open field..

Died with Basic [BS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shiver.5903

Shiver.5903

Because the reason we play WvW is for the loot. Also I would actually be surprised if ASH did accept a GvG because so far the ones I fought while roaming were actually kinda bad.

Yeah we’re pretty bad. That’s why getting a GvG against us would mean so much to some, as they have been obsessed with it for 2 pages now. Trying to prove yourselves or what? :-)

On our part, we don’t feel the need to prove anything. If it was brought in another manner, we might get a small group and GvG. I like to get to know people from others servers and exchange. Stay classy in your requests (just like MU), bring them up with respect instead of contempt, and you might get a more positive response. We can care less about your funny taunts.

We enjoy WvW. A large portion of our guild is PvX and casual, not hardcore WvW/PvP. As Styx said, just like RH, we might be able to get a 5 man together for some GvG and learn a thing or two from you guys. It all depends on who’s online at the time. If you want a 5v5, hit me at N-A primetime and I’ll see what we can do.

Also if anyone (sup Skosh) wants a 1v1, hit me or Paragues. I don’t run a good duel build, but I like to duel nonetheless.

Cheers,

- Shiver [ASH]

in Match-ups

Easterbunny.6170

One last thing:

% of Points not from taking camps etc (So stomps etc)

GOM: 32.47%
AR: 27.06%
ET: 29.63%

That’s not points, that’s percentage of points, so its definitive. Your not stomping GOM more than GOM is stomping you. On a statistical basis those numbers are all fairly even. 3-5% better isn’t much better but we are still getting “more” stomps as a percentage of our score. Thus killing more of you (and sentries etc, its not perfect, but the great majority of that is usually stomps) than you are of us.

So all this “oh our guild is so dominant” talk is just silly. The very most people we ever have out at a time in one place anywhere but EB by the way is around 40, And that’s only if a highly respected commander tags up. Your usually fighting 10-20ish.

IOM I believe you have 30-50. That’s not to take away from your skill, your highly organized. I LOVED your movement with portals on the first night, really well done. But from where I sat your fights with any form of actual organized resistance were even. You won some you lost some.

Course since I like to run into 50 people solo in plague form because why not, I would be subtracting from our side of that equation :p

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Yeah we’re pretty bad. That’s why getting a GvG against us would mean so much to some, as they have been obsessed with it for 2 pages now. Trying to prove yourselves or what? :-)

On our part, we don’t feel the need to prove anything. If it was brought in another manner, we might get a small group and GvG. I like to get to know people from others servers and exchange. Stay classy in your requests (just like MU), bring them up with respect instead of contempt, and you might get a more positive response. We can care less about your funny taunts.

We enjoy WvW. A large portion of our guild is PvX and casual, not hardcore WvW/PvP. As Styx said, just like RH, we might be able to get a 5 man together for some GvG and learn a thing or two from you guys. It all depends on who’s online at the time. If you want a 5v5, hit me at N-A primetime and I’ll see what we can do.

Also if anyone (sup Skosh) wants a 1v1, hit me or Paragues. I don’t run a good duel build, but I like to duel nonetheless.

Cheers,

- Shiver [ASH]

I find it funny that you are telling to IoM to stay classy when it was your guild who started the chest thumping with their PvDoor…

But since I’m not part of this discussion (i’m not IoM or ASH), i don’t care… I just sit away and watch.

Edit: and If you pull brotha posts as your excuse, well he won by trolling you hard.

Attachments:

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in Match-ups

Posted by: JamboHammer.4397

JamboHammer.4397

They turn down your offer because one MAJOR reason, no loot bags in PvP. AKA "Cupcakes" as ASH calls them. They go where the potental for loot bags are highest. Orange swords, large group attacking a keep, anywhere large zergs gather will always trump a GvG challenge.

Cheers,

- Shiver [ASH]

They wont do small scale fights like 1v1’s-5v5’s i already tryed and skosh kept backing down. started pming me in game saying hes wiped me and my guild several times and has a vid of it yet im the only one who reps [DR] and ive never died to IoM so i called him out for some small scale fights and he just kept changeing the subject and backing down

Nsp,Gom,Mag[Yaks Bend] Asura Thief- Chronic Fangs/Asura War- Karcerus/Norn Mes- Karcmerus
Charr Ele- Mack Jack/Human Guardian- Karcian/Human Necro- Karcermancer/
Asura Rev- Kushatronium/Asura Engi- Kushatronic /Sylvari Ranger- Karcushian

(edited by JamboHammer.4397)

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Welcome to WvW, where the points don’t matter and no one wants to fight each other!

#citadelwaypointbestcraftingNAyolo2013

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Welcome to WvW, where the points don’t matter and no one wants to fight each other!

FTFY

Points can’t matter when you don’t have an even ground to compete… And since we know that there are imbalances in the population/coverage, fighting for points is somewhat pointless… (no pun intented)

Now people skipping fights on a PvP environment is weird…

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

FTFY

Points can’t matter when you don’t have an even ground to compete… And since we know that there are imbalances in the population/coverage, fighting for points is somewhat pointless… (no pun intented)

Now people skipping fights on a PvP environment is weird…

10/10 pun, would read again

I kinda wish the scoring would only tick once every 6 hours instead of every 15 minutes. It would be easier for each server to focus their coverage and defend their holdings, even while outmanned, and make upgrades/fortifications more meaningful. Not to mention the epic fights that would occur leading up to each point tick. A lord room battle with the clock winding down would be SO INTENSE.

in Match-ups

JKFlipFlop.7123

I hope all you gommiebears appreciate your fights with me. It’s quite fun 1vXing on my necro and getting away with a kill or 2 before I die.

Also to those lv 80s that have had the pleasure of losing to my twink thief, I’m sorry, but not really

And as always, Nighchill is a zerger. Pretty much sums these past two days so far.

Ps. Whenever i see you Dae you’re a tiny asuran in a large zerg, but the hunt goes on.

Pss. Oh and yeah, I’m on AR now, as if it wasn’t obvious

Attacking you at north camp with all my speed traits on and 2 corruption weapons was a bad idea :p You weren’t pushing in, just my own stupidity there.

Couldn’t even get a nice game of condition ping pong going :p

Before this match is over I’m gonna have a good fight with you where I am also set up for 1vx roaming, your pretty decent though man, I will probably still go down first heh. So far I went for you solo on the rock down at Briar and up north and you got me both times I think.

Came back out to fight ya again but 2 other guys had you downed by then. Didn’t even notice it was “that RH guy” till they had you downed heh.

Mummies R Us

I’m trying to recall fighting you, but you don’t have a server/guild tag in your sig. I’m going to go out on a limb and guess you were the female norn i think necro I fought at north camp last night?

Roamer and Troll
GoM→NSP→AR→NSP→GoM

in Match-ups

Easterbunny.6170

Yep that was me. Giant black Norn. FTOG tag at north. RH prior.

Mummies R Us
DUI Co-Founder

in Match-ups

JKFlipFlop.7123

Yep that was me. Giant black Norn. FTOG tag at north. RH prior.

I usually go to north camp to try and bait people to come out and fight. I appreciate those that actually leave the camp proximity. But man, GoM has a lot of glass cannon rangers and guardians. It’s silly.

Roamer and Troll
GoM→NSP→AR→NSP→GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brian.6059

Brian.6059

One last thing:

% of Points not from taking camps etc (So stomps etc)

GOM: 32.47%
AR: 27.06%
ET: 29.63%

That’s not points, that’s percentage of points, so its definitive. Your not stomping GOM more than GOM is stomping you. On a statistical basis those numbers are all fairly even. 3-5% better isn’t much better but we are still getting “more” stomps as a percentage of our score. Thus killing more of you (and sentries etc, its not perfect, but the great majority of that is usually stomps) than you are of us.

So all this “oh our guild is so dominant” talk is just silly. The very most people we ever have out at a time in one place anywhere but EB by the way is around 40, And that’s only if a highly respected commander tags up. Your usually fighting 10-20ish.

IOM I believe you have 30-50. That’s not to take away from your skill, your highly organized. I LOVED your movement with portals on the first night, really well done. But from where I sat your fights with any form of actual organized resistance were even. You won some you lost some.

Course since I like to run into 50 people solo in plague form because why not, I would be subtracting from our side of that equation :p

I expect that killing supply Doly’s are a big percentage of the extra points. You get 3 points for each.

Frosty

in Match-ups

Posted by: doublebb.6574

doublebb.6574

Cheers,

- Shiver [ASH]

I find it funny that you are telling to IoM to stay classy when it was your guild who started the chest thumping with their PvDoor…

But since I’m not part of this discussion (i’m not IoM or ASH), i don’t care… I just sit away and watch.

Edit: and If you pull brotha posts as your excuse, well he won by trolling you hard.

Our guild? Since when does 1 or 2 people define the entirety of a guild? I invite you to go back and see for yourself; there were 2 or 4 (max) of my guildies who for some reason decided to come onto the forums to brag about taking over a bl. Does that mean my entire guild is walking around bragging about how cool we are? No. If the same thing was to happen with some of IoM’s or TFH’s or with your guildies, would that mean it’d be reasonable for me to go and say that everyone in those guilds are wimps who always talk nonsense? No. Other people don’t need to be brought into a problem they aren’t a part of.

As for gvg’s, I obviously don’t speak for my guild but I find gvg’s to be boring, meta-build zerg fests. The only strategy involved is in dishing out buffs, dropping AoEs, and making sure you have high enough armor to live longer than 3 seconds. Then you throw yourselves at each other until one side is dead. Small group duels and 1v1’s are more intense and strategic than that and are honestly more satisfying to win. So thanks but no thanks.

And as just as a reminder, FIGHT CLUB WILL BE HELD TOMARROW, WEDNESDAY 11/19/13.
~BEHIND GOM’S WINDMILL AT SOUTH CAMP
~7pm EASTERN TIME ( same time as when the daily resets for those of you not on the east coast)

| Kyroen~Sylv Thief | Resliana Oryk~Norn Warr |
| Im Dying Im Dying~Sylv Mesmer (in progress)| Oh Wait Im Fine Nvm~Norn Necro (in progress) |
Gate of Madness~Proud Officer of [ASH]

(edited by doublebb.6574)

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

A guild usually reflect it’s leadership… I’m pretty sure that if players from a guild are allowed to do somenthing without being called, it is because the leadership aprove such things, thus it do reflect at least a good part of the guild.

And yes, that apply to IoM too… Just because they are my server-mates, it doesn’t mean I don’t find some of them extremely disrespectful (I even have some fights with them). However, if their leadership aprove this kind of attitude on his guild, it’s somenthing out of my reach to solve.

I belive that when a person is representing a guild, this person is acting as a representant of the whole. They follow the guild rules, and represent the guild toward those who not belong to it. And the actions of this person will make people get their thoughts about the guild…

I had to work a lot to clean my name after I entered in a guild that had a lot of bad-blood on the server so I belive my point is valid.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

As for gvg’s, I obviously don’t speak for my guild but I find gvg’s to be boring, meta-build zerg fests. The only strategy involved is in dishing out buffs, dropping AoEs, and making sure you have high enough armor to live longer than 3 seconds. Then you throw yourselves at each other until one side is dead. Small group duels and 1v1’s are more intense and strategic than that and are honestly more satisfying to win. So thanks but no thanks.

Na-uh. You forgot the water blast finisher heals. It’s not a GvG if you don’t see those. There’s also your classic mesmer veil-bot shenanigans and necro well-bot-mancer ground spam.

As I see it, the strategy in GvG is all about large scale group manoeuvring and coordination, and seeing who can outflank who to pin down the low-armour-high-damage peripheral players. There’s a certain kind of satisfaction from that you just can’t get with small scale fight. This kind of fighting is most prevalent in a wvw setting anyway, where most fights you’re going to find are all large scale zergs. With 10v10s, you preserve some of the intimacy of small fights and your individual contribution matters a lot more, while you get to enjoy the kind of large scale strategies involved with a big fight.

What you’re attempting to compare is like the difference between winning a single fight as opposed to winning the entire battle.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

in Match-ups

Posted by: DreamAvenue.7692

DreamAvenue.7692

Whenever I see you and Bear King in WvW I try to look for you, but when I do find you you’re in a GoM zerg. Next time I’ll just go balls deep and see what I can do xD.

Fffff or y’know go back to gorram gates. You know I ditched out on the “aus server” for what is now no-reason-at-all.

By the way, props to whoever came up with these alternate server names. Gates of Sadness. Oh lawdy.

in Match-ups

JKFlipFlop.7123

Fffff or y’know go back to gorram gates. You know I ditched out on the “aus server” for what is now no-reason-at-all.

By the way, props to whoever came up with these alternate server names. Gates of Sadness. Oh lawdy.

To be fair you and mostly everyone else aside from Fin and Tany stopped playing for a while and that was one of the reasons I left GoM for NSP, but I know what you mean. I wish they all still played too ):

Roamer and Troll
GoM→NSP→AR→NSP→GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

ET/GoM so bad, 9000+ wiped by me in open field..

See I can do it too, and do it better c:

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

OVER NINE THOUSANDS?! This can’t be… Your kill count must be broken.

in Match-ups

K U T M.4539

Except his actually happened.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Hm, when I fight 4-1 odds they usually just run me over!

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

K U T M.4539

Hm, when I fight 4-1 odds they usually just run me over!

That was kind of the way he was using to call them bad.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

A guild usually reflect it’s leadership… I’m pretty sure that if players from a guild are allowed to do somenthing without being called, it is because the leadership aprove such things, thus it do reflect at least a good part of the guild.

And yes, that apply to IoM too… Just because they are my server-mates, it doesn’t mean I don’t find some of them extremely disrespectful (I even have some fights with them). However, if their leadership aprove this kind of attitude on his guild, it’s somenthing out of my reach to solve.

I belive that when a person is representing a guild, this person is acting as a representant of the whole. They follow the guild rules, and represent the guild toward those who not belong to it. And the actions of this person will make people get their thoughts about the guild…

I had to work a lot to clean my name after I entered in a guild that had a lot of bad-blood on the server so I belive my point is valid.

1) I would never call out a guild member in public, so if I had an issue with something that someone in my guild posted, you would never know.

2) As the leader of ASH, I did post my thoughts on this. You can go back and read them if you like. (In short, don’t take this stuff so seriously, we mean no disrespect.)

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Match-ups

Crunk n monkey.3749

Our victory dance from last night.