HoD/FC/GoM : 11/22/2013 : Bronze Week 6

in Match-ups

Posted by: UrbanMonarch.1028

UrbanMonarch.1028

Originally I had GoM picked to beat Fkittenil I realized a new patch was coming out on the 26th and suddenly had flashbacks to the GoM/DH/FC week. shudder

Nevertheless, I’d like to see a WvW with just GoM and FC, and see who would come out on top. My money bets on GoM to win that. Though it wouldn’t be easy.

It fluctuates greatly, pre season we beat the stuffing out of GOM, six months ago it would not have been a contest, GOM wiped us off the map. Seems like of all the servers I have faced, GOM is the most unpredictable as to what you are going to get in a given week. I don’t know why that is..

However, in its current state, it is from what I can see this week, a no tactic pug zerg server at the moment. Lot of people, not much strategy. We had a 30-40 man Gom Zerg throw itself against FC garri last night about six times. They only used rams, and they never completely stopped the flow of supply from the north camp or held that camp for anything longer than the RI period, which allowed us to continually replenish supply at the keep. At the end we had about 20 arrow carts raining death down on you, never got under 400 supply in the keep, yet you still tried the water gate again and again.

If that is representative of GOM strategy, I will take the FC side of that bet even with fewer numbers.

In other Servers there is usually a large guild such as MU…

Just to clarify… MU runs in small, organized groups of 15-25. Also, at this point I have to point out the obvious. GoM’s overall population is listed by ANet as “Very High” whereas both HoD and FC are listed as “High”. This should give you a distict advantage becaus it means that GoM has more actual numbers (not necessarily active WvW players). If I were on GoM I would think that it would be very valuable to focus on turning some of those PvE players into WvW players. HoD does have some guilds ([PHZE] and [FKB] just to name a couple) that focus on recruiting from Lions Arch and get players into WvW to begin with.

15-25 that’s not small maybe on your server sure ( I wonder how RH would be if they had more then 5-7 people on). But yes you are right we are a high population server and most of the people here like PVE over WvW. This league thing actually gave us the opportunity to recruit those people because they love their achievements. Once those achievements were over and done with some stayed some did not and with the release of new content…anyways we are recruiting its just not everyone’s thing. Reminds me of the first league week we would actually queued 2 maps…ah good time were had.

I wasn’t trying to insult your guild I was just making a point that large guilds play style usually represent the server. While in GOM we have new WvWer’s coming from PVE and all of our guilds in WvW are small.

That guy in [RH] on GOM

in Match-ups

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

. Also, at this point I have to point out the obvious. GoM’s overall population is listed by ANet as “Very High” whereas both HoD and FC are listed as “High”. This should give you a distict advantage becaus it means that GoM has more actual numbers (not necessarily active WvW players).

Please, don’t ever, ever use that as an argument. Ever. I laugh with anything, but pointing out that our population is listed as “Very High” annoys the hell out of me.
You think GoM in WvW is kind of unpredictable ? GoM in PvE makes no sense at all. The only logical explanation I figured out was that our PvErs guest on other servers instead of playing on GoM.
Since those same players don’t care about WvW they are fine with guesting.

But then, Anet gave loot and achievement points that couldn’t be obtained with guesting. So they had no choice but to come in WvW. Now that I look back on it, we should have been against HoD and SF during that first week. That way, some would have left our server and maybe push us to the “High” category (or lower, but I’m pretty sure those kind of players are cheap).
I’m now hoping there season chest contains way better loot for first place than fourth. Maybe our “PvE only, WvW is terrible” players will finally leave. Because we did try, on numerous occasions, to attract PvE players in WvW. That rarely goes well.

As for why GoM is so inconsistent : the harder it gets, the less players play. But there’s also a severe lack of communication/attention from time to time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dsybok.1405

Dsybok.1405

So heres the catch 22:

We don’t give up. We keep fighting.

If we keep fighting you keep showing up because we aren’t boring.

FC gets to keep their sh—stuff because they are from what is said here only, less determined.

Therefor we will lose this week for 2 reasons:

1: our 35 will drop to 10 because Thanksgiving (this week) is a major holiday.

2: Blue will hold more blue stuff because instead of defending they let you take it all then cap it back, which you find boring, so they hold blue longer than we hold red.

Frankly, and I have stated this to our people, What is green is completely irrelevant to us right now. We Should focus on what is blue, but we are stubborn folks. That borderland is titled “GOM Borderland” and its gotta be red no matter what kitten it…

So, you guys will have “Fun” and we will lose this week. Just how its gonna be. 10 cant hold 30. Its below the #s needed to allow siege to make a difference because you can just roll over the front lines. Its just the way it is.

Interesting post, thanks. If this is the general thought on GoM then it explains why fergs are pulling away. The catch 22 you state is a fallacy – while it dosent have a logic flaw, the conclusion you imply is incorrect. Im not going to mention the flaw because if FC already knows it and you dont then Im not going to blow their strategic advantage.

I would be interesting in hearing how FC decided to play this match once they secured the win, because clearly something changed from every other time we have played ferg. From my PoV its hard to tell if they had a plan, or if they are all just taking a cry-break and are squeaking a win anyways.

I don’t know about the day crew, but the night crew this week has seen some of the worst commanding/lack of commanders altogether that I have seen with FC thus far in the season. The play and coordination has been so poor, and with so few people much of the time, that I am surprised we came back this strong. All the good stuff is happening during the day when I am not on, cause it seems like at night we run between 50 ppt and 120 ppt for most of the 4 hours I usually play.

At night we have been content to capture stuff back when we can and defend our garri in FC BL and its waypoint which we did for the last several days at all costs, I personally viewed holding garri as a potential difference maker in winning or losing to GOM but I can’t say that everyone else on FC agrees with that. GOM sure did, they probably attacked it 50 times in the last 2 days.

Beyond that we have not had the luxury of a cohesive strategy.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brick Tamland.6507

Brick Tamland.6507

People needed..

Attachments:

Back Stabbed
Mushroom-Headed thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: ToaLux.6478

ToaLux.6478

So there happened to be a slight scuffle in the new dueling area: 3 GoM and 2 HoD guys got into the equivalent of a Guild Wars 2 bar-fight, in which everyone won simultaneously!
Or lost, for that matter..

Attachments:

Fil(l)aen ~ Ranger/Mesmer ~ SAO ~ GoM
The Orange Asura with the Sun Kite

in Match-ups

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

What do you get when you moa an FC and then use a Flamethrower?

KFC!

Theftwind (HoD)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dogskins.1259

Dogskins.1259

To the FC trying to take back your own hills right now…

Admit it, that was pretty boss.

Possum Jankins – Suicide Bomber Engineer [VLK] HoD /// [RoT] Yak’s Bend

Just look for the black bearded human.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Bump for great justice! (since apparently everyone is in a turkey coma)

I mostly blame VLK for letting this thread almost hit page 2. The quantity and quality of their yo mama jokes has been extremely underwhelming for this matchup.

You had ONE job…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Listen here ghost rider, half of us are banned because Arena Net seems to frown upon yo mama jokes.

Were laying low, until the whining subsides. We’ll be back.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sagittia.2769

Sagittia.2769

With the closing of this forums in a few hours the final recap is being written.
Without further wait, I present the Weekly Recap

I mostly blame VLK for letting this thread almost hit page 2. The quantity and quality of their yo mama jokes has been extremely underwhelming for this matchup.

You had ONE job…

With HoD suffering a great lost with Devon being out of the forum games for 3 weeks due to excessive “Yo mama” jokes. The HoD forum warriors struggled to match their dominance on the WvW scene. With the return of Devon tonight at midnight, will there be a revamped forum wars for next week?! Who knows?!

The biggest forum competition seemed to come from the one and only Narsil, who single handled wracked up: 40 posts! With five double posts! One triple. And the legendary quintuplet post! And there is still time to get more in. Though it does seem many people seem to skip over Narsil’s posts because of the spam. As seen by Silas Drake: “I honestly don’t read anything you post… so (I know I’m a jerk).” Even though the lack of reading going towards Narsil’s post this seems to be the biggest competition for Devon, seeing as Narsil has not figured out there is indeed an edit button for posts. Will Narsil’s forum spam match Devon’s Yo Mama jokes? Stay tuned for next weeks episode of: “The Clash of the Trolls: Episode 87”

Next we look upon [Deth] after calling out a number of guilds on reset night for their relentless T0 Blobbing (Yes, this is a GREATER number of people in T1 blobs). [Deth] has failed to show or respond in the GvGs they called for. Has [Deth] fallen from grace when they were once a dominate force in the GvGs in the lower tiers? Have they recruited to many PvErs? Questions that only they can answer.

[MU] is our next topic of discussion. With the 80 man [MU] zerging upscales and ambient creatures. Can anyone put a stop to them?! [CoSA] had the best approach of power rezing like a bunch of pros. There recent post of the video titled “Zombies” led to a debate in the thread about having skill compared to SPAM 1 HARDER FOOLZ, sorry about that I got carried away. [MU] has definitely made an impact on HoD’s WvW scene and will hopefully stay for the long run.

The lack of fireworks from the one and only Taco Thief is also up in the air. Has the sky rocketing prices of fireworks finally reached his purse? Or has the constant T0 zeros from HoD darkened out the sky covering them? Either way it is a sad disappointment that there was a lack of fireworks though out this match.

We shall now hit up the conspiracy theory rolling around the Bronze League, led by the one and only Styx of GoM. Though I have heard though the grape vine and weeds. That HoD has planed this fall or dive to Bronze League since the start of TA. Yes, you heard correct the famous Titan’s Alliance. The TA was hidden in the shadows to prepare for the Bronze League so HoD could sweep the competition. As HoD slowly unveils TA to the Bronze League will the infamous Buygate be able to compete as HoD pulls a Kaineng and moves up to T1 in a matter of days. Keep on following HoD to find out! Will Styx uncover the real secrets hidden since the start of the game? Or will he crash and burn as new forum warriors appear and push him aside like a solo upscale ranger in WvW.

The outburst of the week goes to: QuickLime! I know why. You know why. He knows why. Hell, Anet knows why. Though an apology was quickly written and put up. Regardless of being forced or if by own will. Let’s give him a round of applause for having the balls to admit he was wrong. Since we know 3/4ths of you wouldn’t. We hope he can deal with his real life problems and get back to the forum waring and upscale killing in a timely fashion.

We leave the best for last! The discussion of [Yarr]! They temporarily transferred to HoD to kill spawn farm SF and kill their fellow FC. Lets give them some love. A guild that HoD loves regardless of who they fight for. In recent news, [Yarr] called out [Deth] (the GvG dodgers) for a GvG. It is safe to assume we all know the outcome of that. [Deth] spent no time saving their dodges and double dodged out of there! [Yarr] will be missed on HoD and are wished the best of luck returning to FC.

This wraps up the conclusion of the
WEEKLY RECAP

(edited by Sagittia.2769)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Do not let up HoD! Turn everything green before reset so they do not have the excuse to accuse us of tanking!

Theftwind (HoD)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shiver.5903

Shiver.5903

[…]

We shall now hit up the conspiracy theory rolling around the Bronze League, led by the one and only Styx of GoM. The I have heard though the grape vine and weeds. That HoD has planed this fall or dive to Bronze League since the start of TA. Yes, you heard correct the famous Titan’s Alliance. The TA was hid in the shadows to prepare for the Bronze League so HoD could sweep the competition. As HoD slowly unveils TA to the Bronze League will the infamous Buygate be able to compete as HoD pulls a Kaineng and moves up to T1 in a matter of days. Keep on following HoD to find out! Will Styx uncover the real secrets hidden since the start of the game? Or will he crash and burn as new forum warriors appear and push him aside like a solo upscale ranger in WvW.

[…]

WEEKLY RECAP

You get ‘Paragraph of the week’, thanks for the recap ;-)

in Match-ups

Bllade.1029

With the closing of this forums in a few hours the final recap is being written.

You had ONE job…

With HoD suffering a great lost with Devon being out of the forum games for 3 weeks due to excessive “Yo mama” jokes. The HoD forum warriors struggled to match their dominance on the WvW scene. With the return of Devon tonight at midnight, will there be a revamped forum wars for next week?! Who knows?!

The biggest forum competition seemed to come from the one and only Narsil, who single handled wracked up: 40 posts! With five double posts! One triple. And the legendary quintuplet post! And there is still time to get more in. Though it does seem many people seem to skip over Narsil’s posts because of the spam. As seen by Silas Drake: “I honestly don’t read anything you post… so (I know I’m a jerk).” Even though the lack of reading going towards Narsil’s post this seems to be the biggest competition for Devon, seeing as Narsil has not figured out there is indeed an edit button for posts. Will Narsil’s forum spam match Devon’s Yo Mama jokes? Stay tuned for next weeks episode of: “The Clash of the Trolls: Episode 87”

Next we look upon [Deth] after calling out a number of guilds on reset night for their relentless T0 Blobbing (Yes, this is a GREATER number of people in T1 blobs). [Deth] has failed to show or respond in the GvGs they called for. Has [Deth] fallen from grace when they were once a dominate force in the GvGs in the lower tiers? Have they recruited to many PvErs? Questions that only they can answer.

[MU] is our next topic of discussion. With the 80 man [MU] zerging upscales and ambient creatures. Can anyone put a stop to them?! [CoSA] had the best approach of power rezing like a bunch of pros. There recent post of the video titled “Zombies” led to a debate in the thread about having skill compared to SPAM 1 HARDER FOOLZ, sorry about that I got carried away. [MU] has definitely made an impact on HoD’s WvW scene and will hopefully stay for the long run.

The lack of fireworks from the one and only Taco Thief is also up in the air. Has the sky rocketing prices of fireworks finally reached his purse? Or has the constant T0 zeros from HoD darkened out the sky covering them? Either way it is a sad disappointment that there was a lack of fireworks though out this match.

We shall now hit up the conspiracy theory rolling around the Bronze League, led by the one and only Styx of GoM. Though I have heard though the grape vine and weeds. That HoD has planed this fall or dive to Bronze League since the start of TA. Yes, you heard correct the famous Titan’s Alliance. The TA was hidden in the shadows to prepare for the Bronze League so HoD could sweep the competition. As HoD slowly unveils TA to the Bronze League will the infamous Buygate be able to compete as HoD pulls a Kaineng and moves up to T1 in a matter of days. Keep on following HoD to find out! Will Styx uncover the real secrets hidden since the start of the game? Or will he crash and burn as new forum warriors appear and push him aside like a solo upscale ranger in WvW.

The outburst of the week goes to: QuickLime! I know why. You know why. He knows why. Hell, Anet knows why. Though an apology was quickly written and put up. Regardless of being forced or if by own will. Let’s give him a round of applause for having the balls to admit he was wrong. Since we know 3/4ths of you wouldn’t. We hope he can deal with his real life problems and get back to the forum waring and upscale killing in a timely fashion.

We leave the best for last! The discussion of [Yarr]! They temporarily transferred to HoD to kill spawn farm SF and kill their fellow FC. Lets give them some love. A guild that HoD loves regardless of who they fight for. In recent news, [Yarr] called out [Deth] (the GvG dodgers) for a GvG. It is safe to assume we all know the outcome of that. [Deth] spent no time saving their dodges and double dodged out of there! [Yarr] will be missed on HoD and are wished the best of luck returning to FC.

WEEKLY RECAP

Brilliantly written!

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

A giant wall of awesome text worthy of many +1’s

10/10 recap. Narsil OP with that clutch penta-post.

I’m pleased to announce that fireworks will return to their regularly scheduled time slot next week now that hell week is almost over for those of us working in advertising.

in Match-ups

Posted by: capmasterflash.5690

capmasterflash.5690

I survived the week with only an infraction! Great post Sagittia. I can’t wait to see what next week’s forum matchup vs. FC brings.

[MU]- my name is red
Asura Thief/Ele
HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Do not let up HoD! Turn everything green before reset so they do not have the excuse to accuse us of tanking!

Spilled milk =(

I also liked the recap =)

Gate of Madness

(edited by styx.7294)

in Match-ups

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

They’ll cry anyway, it’s kinda their thing.

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

in Match-ups

Posted by: Murdoc.4251

Murdoc.4251

You had ONE job…

WEEKLY RECAP

To steal something from last week, I present the recap in Wordle form.

Attachments:

[HDS] – Gate of Madness
Murdoc Jones – Brock Jones – Murdoch Jones – Jaedmara Jones
Warrior – Guardian – Ranger – Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

You had ONE job…

WEEKLY RECAP

I’m just quoting this because I feel it needs to be read once more! Brilliant summery of the matchup! You won the job for Bronze League wrap up. Go read the last 6 weeks of matchup threads and get on it!

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Righteous.4307

Righteous.4307

You had ONE job…

WEEKLY RECAP

Attachments:

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander
http://mugw2.enjin.com/

in Match-ups

Bllade.1029

I just wanted to say FC that is has been a pleasure. Hopefully next week you’ll get a much more fair and compet…..oh wait.

GG.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Fine by me. Just more bags.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Fine by me. Just more bags.

At least 37 bags.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Valarauka.2719

Valarauka.2719

Hey all, just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all the fights, duels, and fun this week!

And /salute to the [HLR] kitten I was running around with in the Sanctum the other night.
http://imgur.com/WM6uXNB

Gate of Madness :: [LIVE] :: [OMFG]
Fiona Oberyn :: Mesmer ~ Valthaniel :: Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

We’re lucky that [PAXA] no longer plays…

Nothing would stop HoD forum warrioring with [MU] + [PAXA] + [Yarr].

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing