HoD/FC/GoM : 11/22/2013 : Bronze Week 6

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

What skill gives you all boons? Bountiful theft gives only 2 and only if your target has 2 boons on them , 3 for Thrill of the Crime and those are fury, might and swiftness. So I am trying to figure this out.

Its the Steal Skill we get off of mesmers

There are two skills a memser has that involves boons. Arcane thievery will trade 3 conditions for 3 boons and Signet of Inspiration will grant a random boon every 10 seconds unless activated where it grants all boons to allies. So to get all boons the mesmer would first have to have the Signet slotted and secondly he would have to activate that signet. Now what intelligent mesmer would do that against a thief?

You clearly never played a thief, right? Everytime a thief use steal on ANY mesmer, they get a spell that give you all the boons.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grumpelstiltskin.4028

Grumpelstiltskin.4028

FC sucks! if only you guys had HOD’s skill and swagger maybe you wouldnt lose so bad!

Hey at least we didnt have to throw 3 weeks of WvW match ups to get into a lower league to make sure we won in a lower server. To scared to play where you belong right?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jesse.4631

Jesse.4631

There are two skills a memser has that involves boons. Arcane thievery will trade 3 conditions for 3 boons and Signet of Inspiration will grant a random boon every 10 seconds unless activated where it grants all boons to allies. So to get all boons the mesmer would first have to have the Signet slotted and secondly he would have to activate that signet. Now what intelligent mesmer would do that against a thief?

you first use this on mesmer
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Steal this is the thieves class mechanic and it gives you this
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Consume_Plasma

Pink Sylvari FTW!

(edited by Jesse.4631)

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

What skill gives you all boons? Bountiful theft gives only 2 and only if your target has 2 boons on them , 3 for Thrill of the Crime and those are fury, might and swiftness. So I am trying to figure this out.

Besides necros, mesmers are my favorite opponents to steal from.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JahRo.6432

JahRo.6432

FC sucks! if only you guys had HOD’s skill and swagger maybe you wouldnt lose so bad!

Hey at least we didnt have to throw 3 weeks of WvW match ups to get into a lower league to make sure we won in a lower server. To scared to play where you belong right?

tfw you can’t even tell you’re quoting your own servermate.

Morn [BFF][VLK]
Maguuma
(Insert other useless !@#$ here)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Odies.8017

Odies.8017

May have been the attitude before but we are pushing ourselves to Silver League now. We want the challenging fights and more organized guilds, so that little blurb you just said is getting old and it’s the only thing you can say since FC just stays in their towers and QQ in the corner.

[MU] Gornok In Victori
Guild Leader
mugw2.enjin.com

(edited by Odies.8017)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jereme.1840

Jereme.1840

I’d take Deth much more seriously if you guys weren’t so full of crap. A lot of smack talkin’ goin on in my whisper box, and absolutely nothing to back it up.

You’re about to be promoted to the #1 laughed at guild on FC. I hope to see you guys in that new Arena coming out soon, that way you can prove me wrong.

Bet you can guess who the french bulldog is.

hahahahahahaha!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Narsil.6579

Narsil.6579

I’d take Deth much more seriously if you guys weren’t so full of crap. A lot of smack talkin’ goin on in my whisper box, and absolutely nothing to back it up.

You’re about to be promoted to the #1 laughed at guild on FC. I hope to see you guys in that new Arena coming out soon, that way you can prove me wrong.

Bet you can guess who the french bulldog is.

hahahahahahaha!

I just fought Yarr and MU, all bark no bite? please please humor me, because I showed up , and like always Only Winter went undefeated to me, but on a side note, MU guys are decent respect, and no i wasnt running cheese builds , so please do go on, I will go get the kettle and popcorn ready, matter of fact give me a day for our 1v1 ill come in a bikini

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

in Match-ups

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

Hey at least we didnt have to throw 3 weeks of WvW match up

Its three weeks of tanking now? Lol, forum grunts getting more and more misinformed everrrry timmmeee.

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Syde.5961

Syde.5961

LOL I’m pretty sure it was one week and it was only because 2 other servers were trying to tank to get us up into silver league….

Og Salmonder [oT] – Warrior
Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ebony.5738

Ebony.5738

You got downed and got a little kitten KITTEN!!!

Verdánt

in Match-ups

Posted by: Plains of Ashes.5941

Plains of Ashes.5941

May have been the attitude before but we are pushing ourselves to Silver League now. We want the challenging fights and more organized guilds, so that little blurb you just said is getting old and it’s the only thing you can say since FC just stays in their towers and QQ in the corner.

Lets be clear: HoD was never rank 15 and would have to had passed both NSP and Kain to get to silver, and we havent been better then NSP since we went T8 and they went T6.

Even with the obviously rigged matchups the week before season 1 we didnt pass NSP.

I like NSP but the right server went to silver. Im sorry to say i hope the stress on NSP is painful and clear to Devon, so just maybe he will finally get it into his skull that WvW has fundamental flaws. clearly a hundred people yelling it into his ears on the forums is not getting through.

The worst thing that could have ever happened to us all would have been NSP winning bronze. FC would have gotten spanked even harder, the FC crying deafening, and Devon would feel 100% validated in the state of WvW.

But I know no amount of truth can counter FCs need to cry in a matchup thread. Carry on

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mercabre.7123

Mercabre.7123

Uhh, we were ranked 2nd in bronze leading up to leagues and the first place server moved up. Sorry that math works?

Nice Garri hold GoM

…..Bacon. Gouda cheese. T-Rex is appeased.

Attachments:

Thuefore | Rieaz, Mag [VLK]
Grammar aside I probably have a point in there somewhere.

(edited by Mercabre.7123)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ebony.5738

Ebony.5738

Also I would like to add about HoD. They do have more numbers than FC but with their numbers they are so organized compared to other servers that I have been on. They can queue up multiple BGs because all the large WvW guilds coordinate with each other daily. FC does it once a week it seems like. They don’t treat their “PUGs” like trash they recruit them and train them up (FKB for instance is always turning baddies into goodies). FC we tend to harshly criticize our “PUGs” for not running certain builds. Overall HoD is a great server with awesome players and their player skill is far better than that of FC due to them welcoming new players and giving them advice about WvW. [MU] is a TC guild(?) from what I have learned and HoD welcomed them openly and already coordinates with them like they have been there for ages. We got [PPK] and we basically ignored their existence. They are now super small and not very viable in a zerg fight (You guys are still good players and keep up with the awesome fights!) Overall I’m having a blast fighting you noobs at the windmill. This will be an awesome 2 weeks for me and the others that joined me on this vacation. It is really sad that I read back on previous match ups and FC accuses HoD of being full of scrubs when they overall have better players. A hint towards FC, learn to coordinate better with each other and quit using the word “PUGs” when talking to your zerg, no one likes that kitten.

TLDR: Don’t say a server is bad until you see how they run. HoD is an awesome server and I wish them the best in Silver League!

Verdánt

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crusender.8197

Crusender.8197

Wow, GoM really put a fight for defend they home garrison, we cheese it everywhere and we have to stop the atk, has FC was cutting behind us back. But was really a good fight.

Ranger/Engi
HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Supercharged.8914

Supercharged.8914

Let me get this clear.

1. Everytime HOD faced NSP before the leagues, we lost. So why is HOD supposed to be in Silver League? (According to some non-HOD players).

2. MU xferred to HOD – 5 of them came. The current group of players in MU is all resident HOD players, except for the 5 from TC.

3. HOD probably have more numbers than most servers in Bronze League (other than SF, not sure about this) but I do give credit to our WVW guilds for working closely together.

Okay, FC please cry somemore.

Invigorate [Dx]

“ANET needs to make defending in WVW more rewarding!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Plains of Ashes.5941

Plains of Ashes.5941

I have been impressed with GoM so far this week, HoD has been whomping on you guys (since you are bringing the fights) but GoM always bounces back. Had a good time in EB today /respect

I hope you guys arnt turning into Skritt on tuesday!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

Over the past 72 hours, its felt like GoM has never had an opportunity to leave its BL to push any where else. Any time we leave or send a small group to make push in either BL or EB, it doesn’t last long because they are called back to our BL.

How we have a 4k lead over FC is mind-boggling. Fractal patch comes out tomorrow, should be interesting to see how that effects the rest of the week, especially with Thanksgiving on Thursday.

Happy Hunting and Happy Holidays folks.

I’ve noticed that when ever GoM is winning, we can run very large numbers in a zerg. Not quite like HoD can, but definitely comparable to FC. The problem is, and I think this goes for every server, some more than others, GoM doesn’t have a large dedicated WvW populace. I’d estimate when we run a large zerg, only a fraction of them are the players we play WvW daily, while the rest are PvEr’s that are just going with the flow, especially when we are winning. But when we are losing, our numbers drop, because those PvEr’s don’t come for the fights, they come for the farming. It’s hard to be farming tower lords and keeps if you aren’t winning and you’re outnumbered.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Wish I could stay up longer as it was a lot of fun. GOM great job defending your garrison. It was a blast. It was also a blast with that three way fight in the FC garrison even with the lag.

I really got a nice test on a new version of a thief and he survived all those matchups without getting downed even though we failed to take either garrison. Too many loot sacks though.

I know some of that was due to ones I killed having worse lag then I was having. I do wish that gets fixed one day.

FC and GOM are real close for second. FC closed some ground today and it will be interesting how those dynamics play out the rest of the week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuttcase.2738

Nuttcase.2738

Lets be clear: HoD was never rank 15 and would have to had passed both NSP and Kain to get to silver, and we havent been better then NSP since we went T8 and they went T6.

Even with the obviously rigged matchups the week before season 1 we didnt pass NSP.

I like NSP but the right server went to silver. Im sorry to say i hope the stress on NSP is painful and clear to Devon, so just maybe he will finally get it into his skull that WvW has fundamental flaws. clearly a hundred people yelling it into his ears on the forums is not getting through.

The worst thing that could have ever happened to us all would have been NSP winning bronze. FC would have gotten spanked even harder, the FC crying deafening, and Devon would feel 100% validated in the state of WvW.

But I know no amount of truth can counter FCs need to cry in a matchup thread. Carry on

Please don’t let the actions/words of the few reflect badly on the server as a whole. I for one enjoy being outnumbered as I find it helps to better improve on communication and coordination from the dedicated few. However, it can also be frustrating to be constantly kicked while your down to the people playing respectfully, and some turn ugly.

@guyforce. I also think we could learn a lot from HoD in the way they treat their “Pug’s”. And after the kitten whooping you gave me the other day at the windmill I think I could learn a lot about guardian play from you also. Was still fun btw even though you wrecked me

Human Guard-Human Mesmer-Asuran Necro
[BS]-[LION]-[Main]
Zerguson’s Crossing. 11111 all day, er day.

in Match-ups

Posted by: lept.4692

lept.4692

HoD > Blackgate. You guys have hella coordination. Really enjoying my stay!

Yet they tanked silver league and have the numbers to qeue all maps and on top of that even a tier 1 transfer we got at Deth said this : “Wtf I haven’t seen these numbers since tier 1, that is a tier 1 blob…”

Well, our tier 1 transfer said you guys have a tier 1 mega blob. I mean, that’s like double what your guy said!

Emu [VLK]

in Match-ups

Odies.8017

Hey HoD, doesn’t FC’s BL look at little too blue. I think they are sad that no one wants to play with them.

Well now that you mention it… It does look a little blue to me. Perhaps we had better paint it a lovely HoD green. In all seriousness last night [MU] ran in GoM pretty much all night. Take it as a complement because we flock to a good fight.

Sorry, but you guys just weren’t on the list at club North Camp during Primetime yesterday.

Late response but who cares ,

Enjoy!

[MU] Gornok In Victori
Guild Leader
mugw2.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Swords in our SE camp! So I head down there only to find a sole FC Guardian in the process of taking the camp. Well I should save it I tell myself, after all that is what Heroes do right? However shortly after that Guardian ran away I receive a party invite. The Guardian wants to chat! I figure she wants to congratulate me on my awesome save of the camp but such was not the case. I received a plaintive request by that FC Guardian to “Please go away, you can take the camp back later”.

I pondered some, feeling a small bit of empathy and wavering in my resolve but then I looked at the map and noticed that FC did not own a single camp in their Bl! I said “Go to your own BL to cap camps”. I was told that it was “too far to run” so in turn I replied “perhaps if you took your camps, built your waypoints, it would not be that far”. Makes sense does it not? Then I was summarily informed that HoD did not belong in Bronze league.

So the question that should be asked is if you did not want to mess with HoD as they should be in Silver League what in the world are you doing in HoD’s BL, solo capping HoD’s supply camps? Would you not expect some resistance to your nefarious endeavors? I went on to kill that Guardian 4 or 5 times. I mean she should have congratulated me on my awesomeness! I may have relented……….. NOT!

Theftwind (HoD)

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Hey HoD, doesn’t FC’s BL look at little too blue. I think they are sad that no one wants to play with them.

Well now that you mention it… It does look a little blue to me. Perhaps we had better paint it a lovely HoD green. In all seriousness last night [MU] ran in GoM pretty much all night. Take it as a complement because we flock to a good fight.

Sorry, but you guys just weren’t on the list at club North Camp during Primetime yesterday.

Enjoy!

What a lovely slideshow of 1-spam.

in Match-ups

Odies.8017

Enjoy!

What a lovely slideshow of 1-spam.

Attachments:

[MU] Gornok In Victori
Guild Leader
mugw2.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

Swords in our SE camp! So I head down there only to find a sole FC Guardian in the process of taking the camp. Well I should save it I tell myself, after all that is what Heroes do right? However shortly after that Guardian ran away I receive a party invite. The Guardian wants to chat! I figure she wants to congratulate me on my awesome save of the camp but such was not the case. I received a plaintive request by that FC Guardian to “Please go away, you can take the camp back later”.

I pondered some, feeling a small bit of empathy and wavering in my resolve but then I looked at the map and noticed that FC did not own a single camp in their Bl! I said “Go to your own BL to cap camps”. I was told that it was “too far to run” so in turn I replied “perhaps if you took your camps, built your waypoints, it would not be that far”. Makes sense does it not? Then I was summarily informed that HoD did not belong in Bronze league.

So the question that should be asked is if you did not want to mess with HoD as they should be in Silver League what in the world are you doing in HoD’s BL, solo capping HoD’s supply camps? Would you not expect some resistance to your nefarious endeavors? I went on to kill that Guardian 4 or 5 times. I mean she should have congratulated me on my awesomeness! I may have relented……….. NOT!

The self proclaimed hero have to bring 4 of his little friend down to get me. If the mr.hero is so great he should had told his lackeys to back off instead of going with the flow.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seraphx.4152

Seraphx.4152

Also I would like to add about HoD. They do have more numbers than FC but with their numbers they are so organized compared to other servers that I have been on. They can queue up multiple BGs because all the large WvW guilds coordinate with each other daily. FC does it once a week it seems like. They don’t treat their “PUGs” like trash they recruit them and train them up (FKB for instance is always turning baddies into goodies). FC we tend to harshly criticize our “PUGs” for not running certain builds. Overall HoD is a great server with awesome players and their player skill is far better than that of FC due to them welcoming new players and giving them advice about WvW. [MU] is a TC guild(?) from what I have learned and HoD welcomed them openly and already coordinates with them like they have been there for ages. We got [PPK] and we basically ignored their existence. They are now super small and not very viable in a zerg fight (You guys are still good players and keep up with the awesome fights!) Overall I’m having a blast fighting you noobs at the windmill. This will be an awesome 2 weeks for me and the others that joined me on this vacation. It is really sad that I read back on previous match ups and FC accuses HoD of being full of scrubs when they overall have better players. A hint towards FC, learn to coordinate better with each other and quit using the word “PUGs” when talking to your zerg, no one likes that kitten.

TLDR: Don’t say a server is bad until you see how they run. HoD is an awesome server and I wish them the best in Silver League!

You sir, have my like.

Lately I haven’t seen much people recognize opponents skill and admitting their own flaw.

But you point out something that your server could work on, it’s up to the rest of the server to step out and change for better.

Keep on improving, I do hope the overall WvW standard gets higher and everyone enjoy the good fights, regardless of server.

“I’m Zimme”
Henge Of Denravi
[Dx]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

For those hoping/wanting etc hod to be in silver, that would prob destroy their server. I am in silver myself and all servers can blob 2-3 maps everyday except nsp and ioj and maybe eBay since they are bad. From what I seen hod can only Zerg one map (wouldn’t call it a blob). My server had a 6 hour fight in SM last night :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Animus.6453

Animus.6453

RIP in pieces GoM.

We’re next, aren’t we HoD? ;_;

Attachments:

Vae The Spectre – Thief
[itok] We Already Know We Are Trash

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

RIP in pieces GoM.

We’re next, aren’t we HoD? ;_;

Hahaha, whatever, I only worry about fights I’m at =)

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silas Drake.8946

Silas Drake.8946

Yo momma so ugly, she is like a mesmer, just making herself look bad.

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jakare.6807

Jakare.6807

Besides necros, mesmers are my favorite opponents to steal from.

Yes but… have you ever done te SUPER SECRET ALTERNATIVE UNDERWATER GUARDIAN STEAAAALLLL????

You get this ranged attack called immobilising chains or something, it’s like a warrior’s throw bolas skill but shorter immob duration. You can even use it above water :-O

Úchî/Aulrathil
[TI] Team Ignition (Gandara)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tossed Fish.7380

Tossed Fish.7380

SUPER SECRET

It’s a super secret guys, we’ll keep it between us.

Tossed Fish//Necromancer
Valkyria Immortalis [VLK]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jesse.4631

Jesse.4631

Worst momma joke ever! Doubt it’ll even get infracted!

Pink Sylvari FTW!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Righteous.4307

Righteous.4307

Enjoy!

I don’t think he liked your video Gornok.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander
http://mugw2.enjin.com/

in Match-ups

Narsil.6579

Worst momma joke ever! Doubt it’ll even get infracted!

I agree with Silent, never seen something so random and out of place since the “Aha honey” line and transition of Kim Kardashian in Kanye’s : Bound 2…. Ill leave this for your amusement, nsfw.

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

(edited by Narsil.6579)

in Match-ups

Posted by: apapercut.4312

apapercut.4312

I want to address the comments that HoD doesn’t belong in bronze.

The first point I want to make is that the very concept of “belonging” to a league is artificial. ANet divided the servers up into arbitrary groups of 6/9/9 based on rank. Somebody is going to be number one in each league but who that is doesn’t mean anything since if they had done 12/12, 9/9/6, 9/6/9, or 6/6/6/6 then things would be radically different.

The second point I want to make is that the bottom silver server is Northern Silver Peaks. The last time HoD faced NSP was in week 31 and HoD was roflstomped. In fact, for the most part every bronze server that went up against NSP has been roflstomped for some time. If HoD had somehow snuck past NSP into silver then the same complaints about a server not “belonging” in bronze would still be made, they would just be aimed at NSP.

My third point is that the during league week 5, Sorrows Furnace lost to HoD by only 50k points. If HoD doesn’t belong in bronze then neither does SF because we’re pretty closely matched. (In league week 6 SF got crushed by over 140k but that’s not representative of the strength of the two servers because SF decided to take it easy that week).

Finally, in non-league weeks 35 through 41 HoD was ranked 18 and that was after slowly clawing its way up from rank 21. In the week immediately prior to the season HoD went up in rank to 17. Given the way Glicko ranking works it’s unlikely HoD could have done anything to jump higher than that.

I know WvW has serious population and coverage imbalances. Outside of this league stuff every server that isn’t Blackgate or Vizunah experiences it. There’s nothing anybody can do about that. All you can do is have good fights and keep improving yourself, your guild, and your server.

Here’s a big “/salute” to every FC and GoM that comes out and does their best in this tough fight. I’ll see you on the field.

Cmndr Keen[MU]
Henge of Denravi

in Match-ups

Posted by: orphanMosquito.5837

orphanMosquito.5837

The first point I want to make is that the very concept of “belonging” to a league is artificial. ANet divided the servers up into arbitrary groups of 6/9/9 based on rank. Somebody is going to be number one in each league but who that is doesn’t mean anything since if they had done 12/12, 9/9/6, 9/6/9, or 6/6/6/6 then things would be radically different.

The second point I want to make is that the bottom silver server is Northern Silver Peaks. The last time HoD faced NSP was in week 31 and HoD was roflstomped. In fact, for the most part every bronze server that went up against NSP has been roflstomped for some time. If HoD had somehow snuck past NSP into silver then the same complaints about a server not “belonging” in bronze would still be made, they would just be aimed at NSP.

My third point is that the during league week 5, Sorrows Furnace lost to HoD by only 50k points. If HoD doesn’t belong in bronze then neither does SF because we’re pretty closely matched. (In league week 6 SF got crushed by over 140k but that’s not representative of the strength of the two servers because SF decided to take it easy that week).

Finally, in non-league weeks 35 through 41 HoD was ranked 18 and that was after slowly clawing its way up from rank 21. In the week immediately prior to the season HoD went up in rank to 17. Given the way Glicko ranking works it’s unlikely HoD could have done anything to jump higher than that.

I know WvW has serious population and coverage imbalances. Outside of this league stuff every server that isn’t Blackgate or Vizunah experiences it. There’s nothing anybody can do about that. All you can do is have good fights and keep improving yourself, your guild, and your server.

Here’s a big “/salute” to every FC and GoM that comes out and does their best in this tough fight. I’ll see you on the field.

Great comment. I agree 100%. I /salute you too.

Commander – Gentle Spider
FC [WZ] – Guardian|Warrior|Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Righteous.4307

Righteous.4307

Very well put Keen. I just want to add one point to that. It is common knowledge that NSP tends to be the ANet devs home server although they can transfer freely to other servers. NSP being at the bottom of silver league is actually a good thing. I am sure that the flaws with the current WvW system are reverberated most powerfully at the bottom of a league rather than the top. If NSP had been in bronze (and won easily) I am sure that many of the sentiments that were voiced would not be heard as well by the devs in their home server.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander
http://mugw2.enjin.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Seriously HoD, you tanked on purpose to stay in Bronze league. You had to know you would take some flack for it. Just take your dolyak finisher and move on.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Match-ups

Posted by: capmasterflash.5690

capmasterflash.5690

Nice video Gornok. That intro was epic lol.

[MU]- my name is red
Asura Thief/Ele
HoD

in Match-ups

styx.7294

Seriously HoD, you tanked on purpose to stay in Bronze league. You had to know you would take some flack for it. Just take your dolyak finisher and move on.

This.

How am I supposed to applaud 30 Henge of Denravi holding north camp against a server that they can reduce to +0 PPT if they didn’t even show any courage against the idea of being in silver league?

No one cares what league you’re in. We just want you to have fightin spirit and I am definitely gonna be on your case if you don’t (for 2 more weeks).

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

I love it when people act like they would not have done the same thing in that situation.

Get snuffed out like a candle for 7 weeks, or be competitive? Choice is obvious, and let me tell you something the first match-up with SF was the most competitive match either server has had in a very long time.

We would have been in trouble without our night crew, I admit that.

Second match up with SF, blowout. All their fair weathers gave up. Same exact thing that would happen to HoD if we made it into Silver league.

Point is, you’re getting kitten y at the wrong people we didn’t design this league system.

HoD, SF, NSP and IoJ are oddball servers, they don’t belong in Bronze but also certainly don’t belong in Silver. Not in its current set up anyways.

Would you have preferred getting LOL smashed by NSP? Spawn camped the majority of the day? Choose your poison.

Stop acting like you would of taken some sort of moral high road. You know kitten well if any of our servers made it into Silver league half our wvw population would vanish to pout while farming Karka and omnomberries. Then you would of sat on top of a rock somewhere in Orr thinking to yourself, man we should of stayed in Bronze league.

Also, say what you want about HoD but it’s population and organization has really stepped up it’s game from what it use to be. I believe she may even be starting to slowly turn into a WvW server.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

in Match-ups

Posted by: jinx.8169

jinx.8169

I’ll just leave this here.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Narsil.6579

I love it when people act like they would not have done the same thing in that situation.

Get snuffed out like a candle for 7 weeks, or be competitive? Choice is obvious, and let me tell you something the first match-up with SF was the most competitive match either server has had in a very long time.

Second match up with SF, blowout. All their fair weathers gave up. Same exact thing that would happen to HoD if we made it into Silver league.

Point is, you’re getting kitten y at the wrong people we didn’t design this league system.

HoD, SF, NSP and IoJ are oddball servers, they don’t belong in Bronze but also certainly don’t belong in Silver. Not in its current set up anyways.

Would you have preferred getting LOL smashed by NSP? Spawn camped the majority of the day? Choose your poison.

Stop acting like you would of taken some sort of moral high road. You know kitten well if any of our servers made it into Silver league half our wvw population would vanish to pout while farming Karka and omnomberries. Then you would of sat on top of a rock somewhere in Orr thinking to yourself, man we should of stayed in Bronze league.

Also, say what you want about HoD but it’s population and organization has really stepped up it’s game from what it use to be. I believe she may even be starting to slowly turn into a WvW server.

Tbh we understand and we know lol, we have all been there, in fact one thing I noticed is smaller servers like AR/ET started just sieging up everything lol, 20 arrow carts in the lords room or siege up even for small groups, the mentality this system created is just shameful. Although it is understandable, the problem isn’t you or some respect commmanders, its the casual pug who goes on about better tactics, better coordination, better use of numbers etc. That tics people off, because in the end it really is about coverage, and numbers. I have been in too many 20 v 50 fights this matchup and tbh idc about being better or worse, in the end morale is lost and people give up when they cant sustain any longer.

When people talk about skill and whatnot it tics others off when they try to make it seem like they are superior in some sense, but it really is just numbers and coverage, I just stick to duels or roaming and sometimes even i get kitten ed by the tactics of other servers, and you can say my server isn’t clean on that side either. Ending note alot of forum wars are started because if people relaxed, they would get bored in matchups like these where one server has a 400+ ppt and the other 2 are struggling to kill each other over second spot.

NSP wasn’t any better they had big egos and the only respectable thing they did was face the music and go for silver where atleast they got the “fights” they wanted, as for SF lol, SF had a huge ego about having a shot at gold league and whatnot, lol they couldn’t even get past silver and they are dreaming gold. The only issue is server population balance atm, once that gets out the way, if every server had equal presence then skill would come into play.

Ending note we understand but people want drama, want to fuss over issues and try to compensate for the frustration over a game which they enjoy, but it gets ruined by unbalancing due to external factors..

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kanthar Turambar.9164

Kanthar Turambar.9164

Yeah, but he can claim that he personally wouldn’t have taken it easy or maybe done something other than WvW for a week, and that’s all that matters on the interwebs.

Nevermind those of us who were in WvW during HOD’s supposed “tanking” are still marked by his assumptions that the whole server is a bunch of people who don’t want a difficult fight.

in Match-ups

Posted by: capmasterflash.5690

capmasterflash.5690

Just a thought on “Cheese” builds I had after talking to Narsil at fight club last night, the only cheese builds are those that use perplexity. Everything else can be countered. Cheese is synonymous with Cheap not viable or overpowered. I’ve been misusing it and I feel bad telling d/p thieves and condimancers that they are cheesy when they’re really just “easy to play” and OP, respectively.

A quick example of “Cheese” might be a p/p thief who uses perplexity ruins, thieves guild, and a thief trap in a duel. Just a random example That said, that player can play the game however they want and I bet it’s a really fun build to run.

[MU]- my name is red
Asura Thief/Ele
HoD

in Match-ups

Narsil.6579

Just a thought on “Cheese” builds I had after talking to Narsil at fight club last night, the only cheese builds are those that use perplexity. Everything else can be countered. Cheese is synonymous with Cheap not viable or overpowered. I’ve been misusing it and I feel bad telling d/p thieves and condimancers that they are cheesy when they’re really just “easy to play” and OP, respectively.

A quick example of “Cheese” might be a p/p thief who uses perplexity ruins, thieves guild, and a thief trap in a duel. Just a random example That said, that player can play the game however they want and I bet it’s a really fun build to run.

Its fine man no worries, perplexity is easy atm on mesmers , engies and etc, but builds can be countered, i had tons of fun and that was some good duels, sorry about the last build, its a really zerky anti thief build I keep under covers because its my last spec I ever run if I ever get beat with every other build, also I salute you for not running perma stealth, more thieves should try and play that condi build, I just personally think people should expand their horizons and think outside the box like, idk traveler runes, on a condi build, with rabid, dire and zerker on a mesmer build, sounds crazy but hey it works :P

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

in Match-ups

styx.7294

I’ll just leave this here.

A lil’ harsh on Bllades, don’t ya think? He’s your server mate and all!

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: Easterbunny.6170

Easterbunny.6170

So heres the TL;DR version of this thread:

FC: Bla Bla Bla we are talking kitten attacking GOM and hiding from HoD

HoD: We have 4X your numbers, at least GOM but you keep bringing us a fight so we will keep zerging your BL because at least theres a tiny nugget of something almost resembling a challenge in it. /Lolicon /Video of us Zerging

GOM: /Eyeroll. /Troll also /Eyeroll.

Mummies R Us
Gates of Madness Community
DUI Co-Founder

(edited by Easterbunny.6170)