HoD/FC/KN : 11/29/2013 : Bronze Week 7

in Match-ups

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Superior AC w/ the zoom hackz to get our treb inside tower, wellplayed Ferg. Leet tactics at play, omigah.

Well FC has one Commander that would do anything to capture an objective. Last matchup he “glitched” through the NW tower gate and proceeded to destroy siege and attack the defenders inside so for him at least using zoom hack would not be a stretch.

Although I have respect for most Fergs that Commander never did answer to his actions so I have none for him.

Theftwind (HoD)

in Match-ups

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

Nope i think homie is a great player, i just find it cheesy when you show up to duel and every class is running the same build. Kinda makes it feel like i’m just redueling the same build instead of a player :p

Agreed.

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Nope i think homie is a great player, i just find it cheesy when you show up to duel and every class is running the same build. Kinda makes it feel like i’m just redueling the same build instead of a player :p

Agreed.

Agreeed agreed x 2

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Junkhaus.4301

Junkhaus.4301

Zoomhack qq over, they had placed their ac where they could see through top of the gate. I wanna try it now for myself. Apologies for the hax accusations, and thank you for the ac idea.

Lacedæmon, Ädrasteia -Warriors
[OBEY]
Kaineng

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drastic.8920

Drastic.8920

Superior AC w/ the zoom hackz to get our treb inside tower, wellplayed Ferg. Leet tactics at play, omigah.

Well FC has one Commander that would do anything to capture an objective. Last matchup he “glitched” through the NW tower gate and proceeded to destroy siege and attack the defenders inside so for him at least using zoom hack would not be a stretch.

Although I have respect for most Fergs that Commander never did answer to his actions so I have none for him.

While I personally do not know what commander you are referring to, I will put this subject about the AC to rest. I was the one that used the sup AC to take out your treb. No zoom hack, just a small LOS that is available just above the gate that lets you target the top of the supply depot. The same goes the other way around… if you have an AC on the supply depot, you can target just past the gate into the players that gather there. No screen resolution change, no windows mechanics, no zoom hacks, just plain old line of sight.

I would suggest for you to test this yourself. The same concept can be applied to any tower that has a hole above the gate. It’s all about how you angle your view to get the proper line of sight.

Tip: if you have an AC behind a structure, you can position yourself around the structure and still use that LOS that you obtain.

FC: Remnant Militant [SNKY]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

i found with ACs awhile back that when I got my new graphics card I was able to play at a higher resolution, and I’m not 100% sure if this is true but it definitely “feels” like I can get more LOS than I used to at a lower res. No 3rd party programs just a higher full-screen resolution chosen from the graphics option in-game.

I personally think ACs should be subject to ‘obstructed’ just like ranged skills because the mechanics really make no sense as they are.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I just think the AC (and targeting in general) should be restricted to a 16:9 ratio. So no shrinking your game window in windowed mode is going to give you a larger targeting area. Problem is that requires tech that probably isn’t in the engine yet.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in Match-ups

Junkhaus.4301

While I personally do not know what commander you are referring to, I will put this subject about the AC to rest. I was the one that used the sup AC to take out your treb. No zoom hack, just a small LOS that is available just above the gate that lets you target the top of the supply depot. The same goes the other way around… if you have an AC on the supply depot, you can target just past the gate into the players that gather there. No screen resolution change, no windows mechanics, no zoom hacks, just plain old line of sight.

I would suggest for you to test this yourself. The same concept can be applied to any tower that has a hole above the gate. It’s all about how you angle your view to get the proper line of sight.

Tip: if you have an AC behind a structure, you can position yourself around the structure and still use that LOS that you obtain.

Noted. We targeted that AC too late, otherwise we were prepared to build that tower up for hours like we did yesterday until an HoD megazerg stomps our little sand castle like a bunch of meanies. We didn’t expect anyone to AC in front of the gate to take out the treb first, you played a lot smarter this time. Usually you try to distract us with shenanigans while sneakily building catas on the coliseum cliffs. Well played, sir. We’ll be watching for that kind of AC next time.

[OBEY]
Kaineng

in Match-ups

Drastic.8920

i found with ACs awhile back that when I got my new graphics card I was able to play at a higher resolution, and I’m not 100% sure if this is true but it definitely “feels” like I can get more LOS than I used to at a lower res. No 3rd party programs just a higher full-screen resolution chosen from the graphics option in-game.

I personally think ACs should be subject to ‘obstructed’ just like ranged skills because the mechanics really make no sense as they are.

The obstruction from a lower resolution is due to the limitation per pixels. However, when I say no resolution change, I mean I’m using today’s standard of 1280×720. Granted most gaming PCs can go higher and will have duel monitors as well (which increases your LOS quite a bit). Point is, those LOS from the gate can be obtained from 1280×720. You just have to angle your 1st person POV a bit to get it right.

in Match-ups

Drastic.8920

Noted. We targeted that AC too late, otherwise we were prepared to build that tower up for hours like we did yesterday until an HoD megazerg stomps our little sand castle like a bunch of meanies. We didn’t expect anyone to AC in front of the gate to take out the treb first, you played a lot smarter this time. Usually you try to distract us with shenanigans while sneakily building catas on the coliseum cliffs. Well played, sir. We’ll be watching for that kind of AC next time.

I love a good tower hold match; look forward it

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

its funny that the AC can hit different spots depending on where you’re standing when you man it. sometimes i have to get off an AC and man it standing on the other side to get the correct LOS.

maybe they should just make it like trebs/catas where you aim a direction and hold for power. no more stupid LOS’ing or hacking possible, no having to stand in certain spots, no more advantage of higher resolution. disadvantage is having to turn it and slower firing time but those can both be made much faster than cata/treb speeds and the overall attack damage can increase to offset any decrease in attack speed. this would also mean a welcome change of extra high damage at closer range and reduced damage at longer range simply due to attack speed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silas Drake.8946

Silas Drake.8946

Agreed.

Agreeed agreed x 2

Lawl

14/14/14/14/14 spec son, every fight feels the same.

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

in Match-ups

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

90% of zoomhack accusations that do not include screenshots are false.

even 50%+ that do have screenshots are false. most of the time it’s called mastery + learn 2 AC.

not saying you couldn’t be right, just saying post some screenshots if you think someone’s zoomhacking.

Why screenshot when Anet flat out said, “everyone has access to the same thing so its fine”? A lot of people do it and it takes 5s to set up.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Odies.8017

Odies.8017

So our fun over in SF/DH with HoD taking over thread was locked. =(

[MU] Gornok In Victori
Guild Leader
mugw2.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Maybe we should start discussing SF here since HoD got our thread locked?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

Odies.8017

Maybe we should start discussing SF here since HoD got our thread locked?

Yes please do! This thread is to civil.

[MU] Gornok In Victori
Guild Leader
mugw2.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

HoD is full of hackers!!!!!

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

SF are Forum Warrior Season 1 champions with 3 locked threads out of 7!

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JahRo.6432

JahRo.6432

For old time’s sake FC…. ;_; (I miss dese days)

Morn [BFF][VLK]
Maguuma
(Insert other useless !@#$ here)

in Match-ups

Did it take you an hour to compose that post? That message was deleted and I received an infraction point ages ago.

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Junkhaus.4301

yeah i almost forgot i was writing a response. you know how fun wvw is :P

Edit: i’ll delete my response. Starting to feel bad about posting it, don’t want to embarrass your guild.

[OBEY]
Kaineng

in Match-ups

Posted by: nachtritter.8961

nachtritter.8961

don’t want to embarrass your guild.

No need for you to do something when they can do it themselves.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Syryn.7591

Syryn.7591

don’t want to embarrass your guild.

No need for you to do something when they can do it themselves.

welp

Entryn ele
I main an ele but playeth all the things
[FLOT]

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

I wonder wtf you all are talking about… Please enlighten me.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

The best part is that you are talking to ET in OUR MATCHUP THREAD!!!!

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

The best part is that you are talking to ET in OUR MATCHUP THREAD!!!!

Blame HoD for getting our thread locked…

in Match-ups

Syryn.7591

Dear FC and HoD zerg in HoD borderlands right outside of Redbriar Tower, THANK YOU for the show that was awesome to watch xD

Entryn ele
[FLOT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Righteous.4307

Righteous.4307

Dear FC and HoD zerg in HoD borderlands right outside of Redbriar Tower, THANK YOU for the show that was awesome to watch xD

Youre very welcome. Occasionally we defend other servers towers so that we can take it.

MU salutes you.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander
http://mugw2.enjin.com/

in Match-ups

Syryn.7591

Youre very welcome. Occasionally we defend other servers towers so that we can take it.

MU salutes you.

We stole that tower from FC we fought them in the Lord’s room WITH their siegerazer and still took it lol. And then it was a grand show from the tower walls.

Entryn ele
[FLOT]

in Match-ups

Odies.8017

FC bringing it tonight, we finally got you in HoD BL but you kept us on our toes all night long.

Attachments:

[MU] Gornok In Victori
Guild Leader
mugw2.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

To the pug FC group in HoD bl taking camps tonight… I’m the charr staff ele that kept chasing you. I told ya I’d take one of ya with me XD

Gotta love fall damage <3

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

in Match-ups

Do another 52 golem rush FC. Make it a daily thing. xD

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Do another 52 golem rush FC. Make it a daily thing. xD

Yeah, use yer leet golem rushing skillz like the guys on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD2pt08VDoo

in Match-ups

Posted by: Detharos.3157

Detharos.3157

Oh, the bitter sweet irony…

Attachments:

Dathaul, 80 Melee Ranger
Ferguson’s Crossing server.

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

I think it’s hilarious when emotes get someone worked up.

It’s a clear sign you don’t have enough RL problems to worry about and I’m jealous

(edited by Solstice.1097)

in Match-ups

Posted by: JahRo.6432

JahRo.6432

I know! A ranger taking WvW seriously!

Attachments:

Morn [BFF][VLK]
Maguuma
(Insert other useless !@#$ here)

in Match-ups

Detharos.3157

I know! A ranger taking WvW seriously!

Can’t tell if criticism or compliment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPpzJAzdpTU

Dathaul, 80 Melee Ranger

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mercabre.7123

Mercabre.7123

HoD sux. Bunch of zerg ball upscale killers. No skills.

Yo mama so fat she starting eating herself to save space.

Thuefore | Rieaz, Mag [VLK]
Grammar aside I probably have a point in there somewhere.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ebony.5738

Ebony.5738

^

15 characters

Verdánt

in Match-ups

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

VLK you talk to much. tell bllades he is a d-berry for me.

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mooncow.6847

Mooncow.6847

personally I prefer quick repeated /cry over /laugh

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

/shrug

in Match-ups

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

stacking so pr0 mlg this match. it’s like the walk-off from zoolander, but with stacking.

Attachments:

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in Match-ups

Detharos.3157

/shrug

I’d do /comfort or /hug or /nosepick but they didn’t include such emotes.

Dathaul, 80 Melee Ranger

in Match-ups

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

How to stop a dead gate mesmer.
Step 1: Build a ballista.
Step 2: Spread shot upon revival.

Attachments:

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

That’s pretty funny on a few levels.

How does that Mesmer get out between the doors anyway.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

stacking so pr0 mlg this match. it’s like the walk-off from zoolander, but with stacking.

Isn’t that what they call a fur pile?

Theftwind (HoD)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

It’s nearing Friday, if there are any guilds that would like to GvG for fun, shoot me an in-game mail. We won’t record, spam on the forums about winning or losing , or act like total kittens. Come on out and let’s practice on fair terms.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rayvn.9832

Rayvn.9832

^ total kitten bags

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jereme.1840

Jereme.1840

Someone let Ferg know, zoom hack is obvious. Wish my AC could shoot down stairs through a floor or rocks.

If you look where I am on mini map, It’s clearly not possible to hit that far down the stairs from the right parapet directly above the tunnel. (no matter how you angle your camera)

Also, pretty obvious it’s an AC. Bleeds on me not cripple from barrage.

Attachments:

(edited by Jereme.1840)