HoD/SF/DR : 11/15/2013 : Bronze Week 5

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

After leading a preliminary investigation into the subject I have discovered the reason why SF and HoD are bad: It’s because they have bad players.

Sincerely,
Detective Miss Winters,
Very Good Detectives [VGD],
We make Devona’s Rest free of crime!

I think you may be on to something Sir detective Sir. We need you to dig deeper.

Let me guess…. this is one of those, “They suck when they’re alone and out of their zerg” type of posts? We need originality here, kiddos. Pretending you’re some kind of private kitten just ain’t cuttin’ the mustard!

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Hmm everyone getting along, patting each other on the back….

kicks rocks

Also, just a general thing, please stop talking about PPT as if it means anything.

Coverage Wars 2 is a fools game, play for the fights, try to take stuffs whatevs…..You start worrying about PPT and you will regret it in the long run.

PPT is what ANET wants you to think is important…With their track record, do you really think it is something that is remotely valuable as a measure of success?

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

A note lies on top of the cupboard in the lobby. The message, written in immaculate handwriting, reads as follows:

Good evening. I have reworked your message to more closely fit the truth.

Let me guess…. this is one of those, “They suck when they’re alone and out of their zerg” type of posts? We need originality here, kiddos. Pretending you’re some kind of private kitten just ain’t cuttin’ the mustard!

The Chief Detective.

Sincerely,
Detective Miss Winters,

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in Match-ups

Posted by: GrahamW.5397

GrahamW.5397

Dear MU sylvari mushroom head thief……that vanishing act you just pulled literally blew my mind.(i’m the sf mesmer you were fighting near my spawn) also come back im bored. :c

in Match-ups

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Ah the fine art of the portal bomb. DR had our se camp sieged to the nines and we were only 7 but a well placed portal bomb into the center of their siege broke their morale and they lost not only their composure but the camp and their lives. For a few seconds they just froze wondering what had just happened! Fun times!

Theftwind (HoD)

in Match-ups

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

Quote of the Day:

“We can’t beat [MU] but we can beat [MU] + HoD because their pugs keep rallying us”

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TakeCare.3182

TakeCare.3182

Gotta love the [VLK] crew. You guys are pretty awesome.

YouTube channel
Thief | Mesmer | Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Why did our yo mama jokes get removed from the forums?

Yo second cousin so fat, her belly button is a point of interest. – Leo Brutus aka “Kitteh”

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silas Drake.8946

Silas Drake.8946

Dear [StaR]

I know I speak for [VLK] when I say, we are having a lot of fun running into you guys. I haven’t had much play time personally but the few hours of prime time I get has been a blast. Keep it up.

Obligatory: Yo momma so… fourm ban

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

A note lies on top of the cupboard in the lobby. The message, written in immaculate handwriting, reads as follows:

Good evening. I have reworked your message to more closely fit the truth.

The Chief Detective.

Sincerely,
Detective Miss Winters,

Gettin’ better!

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

in Match-ups

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

After leading a preliminary investigation into the subject I have discovered the reason why SF and HoD are bad: It’s because they have bad players.

Sincerely,
Detective Miss Winters,

I think you may be on to something Sir detective Sir. We need you to dig deeper.

That isn’t what he said, but if he did I’d agree completely. I’m not claiming to be good, but when roaming I tend to melt people who try to fight without zergs. There was a couple very good players I’ve faced from HoD though. Haven’t even SEEN a player from DR though.

Teef master race

in Match-ups

Posted by: irishhaf.1692

irishhaf.1692

shrugs as a member of DR that routinely runs alone… I have seen all of 1 other solo player to date… and that was a clone spamming monkey, so no fun fight there.

Deritt ranger lv 80 (Un-retired… liking longbow)
Devona Borders (DB)
Devonas rest.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neocyte.8357

Neocyte.8357

Holy crap. Thank you DR. You gave me the fight of a lifetime and a butt-load of bags. (SF vs. DR at bay 6:45 pm eastern).

in Match-ups

irishhaf.1692

Gotta love 2 enemy zergs in our bl that avoid each other like the plague…

Devona Borders (DB)
Devonas rest.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Plains of Ashes.5941

Plains of Ashes.5941

SF has cooties.

-Plains@HoD

Uh oh, Do i get infracted for this?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Odies.8017

Odies.8017

I hope today’s lack of attendance from SF isn’t going to be a pattern for the rest of the week. Just come out to fight and not worry about PPT or your keeps.

[MU] Gornok In Victori
Guild Leader
mugw2.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Odies.8017

Had fun in DR BL for the last part of the night. Great job DR for the good fights and fun.

Attachments:

[MU] Gornok In Victori
Guild Leader
mugw2.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: RottenRagamuffin.3159

RottenRagamuffin.3159

Had fun in DR BL for the last part of the night. Great job DR for the good fights and fun.

Haha! So THAT’s what you were doing up there! Photo opportunity! lol

And… My Name is Red (an Asuran thief from [MU]), I hope you find a duel (that doesn’t get interrupted) ;P

(SBI)

in Match-ups

Posted by: JahRo.6432

JahRo.6432

DR’s mamma so fat, her memory foam mattress is trying to forget.

Morn [BFF][VLK]
Maguuma
(Insert other useless !@#$ here)

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

Not only do we have to deal with a stacked server, but we have the game playing against us… hope when the HoD nightcappers do their thing that it at least fixes this bs…

Attachments:

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten

in Match-ups

Theftwind.8976

Not only do we have to deal with a stacked server, but we have the game playing against us… hope when the HoD nightcappers do their thing that it at least fixes this bs…

Bah you are just a rabbit killer anyways, what does it matter?

Theftwind (HoD)

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

I was listening to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqC_YdG7GtM

in Match-ups

Posted by: PhaNTaSiZe.4215

PhaNTaSiZe.4215

Dear [StaR]

I know I speak for [VLK] when I say, we are having a lot of fun running into you guys. I haven’t had much play time personally but the few hours of prime time I get has been a blast. Keep it up.

Speaking for [StaR], the feeling is mutual bro. Good fights so far, and despite the fact that SF is clearly losing this matchup this week, we definitely enjoy the fights against [VLK], [FKB], and [MU]. It’s putting us to the test and we love the challenge.

Commander Sammie Winchester/Ian McKellan
Leader of Gods Dont Cry [GDC] on SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Righteous.4307

Righteous.4307

Dear [StaR]

Speaking for [StaR], the feeling is mutual bro. Good fights so far, and despite the fact that SF is clearly losing this matchup this week, we definitely enjoy the fights against [VLK], [FKB], and [MU]. It’s putting us to the test and we love the challenge.

Right back at you. Hope to see more great battles!

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander
http://mugw2.enjin.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I was listening to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqC_YdG7GtM

Laugh! What a great tune!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: capmasterflash.5690

capmasterflash.5690

Haha! So THAT’s what you were doing up there! Photo opportunity! lol

And… My Name is Red (an Asuran thief from [MU]), I hope you find a duel (that doesn’t get interrupted) ;P

Thanks man, I can only dream. DR seems to have a 6th sense for finding me when I’m in a 1v1. That aside, roaming was a lot of fun tonight and you guys have some pretty good roamers.

p.s. Watch yourself Hardly

[MU]- my name is red
Asura Thief/Ele
HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cymric.7368

Cymric.7368

I had been learning a lot in the bronze league match ups, one thing in particular stand out. All builds have strengths and weakness, if a build is good for roaming, then it will not be as effective in a group fight as a build that is designed specifically for group fights. Its the same the other way round.

A roaming build should beat a group fight build in a 1v1 because a lot of the group fight build’s traits and utilities are not effective when targeting single player and without other players to support and provide support to. However, a 5v5 should be quite even and with 10+, the group fight builds can easily wipe the roaming builds.

Which is interesting when I see posts saying server X’s players have no skills and only know how to hide in a zerg (not talking abt our match up thread but the wvw threads in general). Is it possible that its just a matter of different builds? The group fight guy will naturally want to run to his buddies so that he can be effective and of course, the roamer will not want to engage on that term.

Also is it possible that as we going up the tiers, the ratio of people running group fight builds will go up because big zerg fights are more frequent there, which give the perception that higher tier players have less skill individually?

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Dear MU sylvari mushroom head thief……that vanishing act you just pulled literally blew my mind.(i’m the sf mesmer you were fighting near my spawn) also come back im bored. :c

I like fighting him and the asuran MU Thief at the same time…Those two will keep you on your toes for sure.

Props to MU this week, you guys/gals seemed to have settled into what it means to be a “bronze leaguer”, good fights all around from everyone.

Let’s just have some fun this week eh people?

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

I had been learning a lot in the bronze league match ups, one thing in particular stand out. All builds have strengths and weakness, if a build is good for roaming, then it will not be as effective in a group fight as a build that is designed specifically for group fights. Its the same the other way round.

A roaming build should beat a group fight build in a 1v1 because a lot of the group fight build’s traits and utilities are not effective when targeting single player and without other players to support and provide support to. However, a 5v5 should be quite even and with 10+, the group fight builds can easily wipe the roaming builds.

Which is interesting when I see posts saying server X’s players have no skills and only know how to hide in a zerg (not talking abt our match up thread but the wvw threads in general). Is it possible that its just a matter of different builds? The group fight guy will naturally want to run to his buddies so that he can be effective and of course, the roamer will not want to engage on that term.

Also is it possible that as we going up the tiers, the ratio of people running group fight builds will go up because big zerg fights are more frequent there, which give the perception that higher tier players have less skill individually?

There are a few reasons why people say the “server X’s players have no skills and are zerglings etc”:

-The bigger the server, the more uplevels, PUGs, newcomers, PVE’ers in WvW you will have since bigger servers tend to win more often, and winning draws in all of the above.

-Running a support build, zergball build, pre-made group, etc: does not always have the best roaming/1v1 capabilities. So if a roamer catches someone built in this manner while trying to regroup to their party then they will likely be a fairly easy kill.

-The bigger/zergier the server, the more each individual player can get away with doing things like running full zerker, or just not balancing their build in general, because they are able to hide behind the numbers in their zerg.

I spent some time on BG and JQ, and while they had many good players, their servers typically focused on large group play. You had a lot of people running support and premade group builds. So while roaming I came across many players that were easy kills, in large part due to them not being set up to deal with 1v1’s or roaming in general.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

irishhaf.1692

SF has cooties.

-Plains@HoD

Uh oh, Do i get infracted for this?

I chuckled thanks..

Devona Borders (DB)
Devonas rest.

in Match-ups

Posted by: capmasterflash.5690

capmasterflash.5690

I like fighting him and the asuran MU Thief at the same time…Those two will keep you on your toes for sure.

Props to MU this week, you guys/gals seemed to have settled into what it means to be a “bronze leaguer”, good fights all around from everyone.

Let’s just have some fun this week eh people?

Yeah, you did a great job sustaining us. I think we only downed you once one of our eles jumped in the fight towards the end. I switched to a condi build this week so hopefully I run into you so I can test it against your skills.

[MU]- my name is red
Asura Thief/Ele
HoD

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

Perhaps the most interesting thing is that your server will need both. You need roamers/scouts to flip camps, kill yaks, and scout the enemy effectively, but when push comes to shove its going to be the groups that win the lions share of the points for the server.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

In this thread HoD and SF toast each other’s martial prowess whilst stepping over the bodies of the DR militia, sifting through the belongings of naive fairweathers, motioning to maps of native Devona lands and squabbling good-naturedly over how they should be divided.

Satire of course, but that’s how it feels. I’m actually pleased to see positive back chatter amongst servers.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

In this thread HoD and SF toast each other’s martial prowess whilst stepping over the bodies of the DR militia, sifting through the belongings of naive fairweathers, motioning to maps of native Devona lands and squabbling good-naturedly over how they should be divided.

http://i.imgur.com/AdDrvdq.gif

I think GoM had the same feeling last week.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mercabre.7123

Mercabre.7123

Haha, sad but true. Keep up the good fight DR!

Thuefore | Rieaz, Mag [VLK]
Grammar aside I probably have a point in there somewhere.

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

Haha, sad but true. Keep up the good fight DR!

Agreed! Just because you aren’t winning this week doesn’t mean that there isn’t a lot that could be learned from the battles raging in every boarderland. My suggestion is that you don’t become disenchanted with the idea of losing and instead get a group of players together and learn as much as you can from the fights that you get into. Take that knowledge and apply it to future battles.

P.S. I miss the VLK “yo momma” jokes

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jereme.1840

Jereme.1840

Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments:

(edited by Jereme.1840)

in Match-ups

Posted by: RottenRagamuffin.3159

RottenRagamuffin.3159

lol A perfect visual analogy, Righteous!

(SBI)

(edited by RottenRagamuffin.3159)

in Match-ups

Bllade.1029

SF’s mama is so ugly, dad actually takes her to work with him so he doesn’t have to kiss her goodbye.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SrxLiz.3175

SrxLiz.3175

Good job GvGing with us [Star]!!
Mu won 3-0
Awesome fighting!
See y’all back on the battlefields!

Attachments:

Character Name: Archangel Elizabeth [Ele]
Server: Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

Nice fight [Star]. You guys really drop the hammer! Made me think of this:

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

Odies.8017

Great GvG [StaR] thanks for coming out and fighting!

[MU] Gornok In Victori
Guild Leader
mugw2.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Odies.8017

Hey SF at SF BL! We got your huge group once haha but you rolled us the rest of the times. Keep it up!

[MU] Gornok In Victori
Guild Leader
mugw2.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Theftwind.8976

SF your MoM guild has some pretty decent fighters but I cannot extend the same sentiments for the thieves of that group. They are great ganking clothies but when they see a lone Guardian they run. Why? Afraid?

Theftwind (HoD)

in Match-ups

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

haven’t had much time to play except for a few runs here and there and some late night camp/yak hunting. Was fun running around in HoD BL grabbing those camps and yaks. I don’t take my ranger or warrior out into WvW much so it was fun practice.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cymric.7368

Cymric.7368

Perhaps the most interesting thing is that your server will need both. You need roamers/scouts to flip camps, kill yaks, and scout the enemy effectively, but when push comes to shove its going to be the groups that win the lions share of the points for the server.

The main problem with roamers is that there is a diminishing return for fielding too many of them compare to group players. There is always a use for more players to counter the opponent’s zerg, but there are only so many camps to flip and yaks to kill.

It is just a smart use of man power to have some roamers out to complement your main force. After all, having a zerg to kill a yak or defend a camp is just overkill and wasteful.

in Match-ups

Bllade.1029

How to fix the WvW problem:

1. Create new server names or team names specifically for WvW. Current server names stay the same, and WvW still is open for them.

2. Allocate X amount of spots for each server for people to sign up to represent. When spots are full, they close that server of sign-ups. A time-limit listed until sign ups are closed altogether and servers are made live. Charge a fee to sign up on these servers initially.

3. Repeat until all players are allocated among the servers. Servers that aren’t full, the player base is distributed with the other servers.

4. Launch.

5. Population problems fixed.

Be sure to separate servers depending on geographical locations. European, Asian, and NA. NA IP’s cannot sign up for an Asian server; so on so forth.

Prime-times will be consistent, and coverage gaps will be minimized as well as population differences.

It will be up to each team to coordinate and organize against the others.

in Match-ups

Theftwind.8976

Bllade, there is only one problem that I can see with your proposal. Since the spots per server are fixed let us surmise that players A,B, and C are elite players. They want player D to join who is also an elite player but the spots are taken up by new players who are still learning what WvWvW is all about. Those new players are going to be pressured into giving up their spots so the elites can all be together.

A very simple overview but I can guarantee that is what will happen.

Theftwind (HoD)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Bllade, there is only one problem that I can see with your proposal. Since the spots per server are fixed let us surmise that players A,B, and C are elite players. They want player D to join who is also an elite player but the spots are taken up by a new player who is still learning what WvWvW is all about. That new player is going to be pressured into giving up his spot so the elites can all be together.

I don’t see the problem.

Sincerely,
Detective Miss Winters,

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in Match-ups

Theftwind.8976

Bllade, there is only one problem that I can see with your proposal. Since the spots per server are fixed let us surmise that players A,B, and C are elite players. They want player D to join who is also an elite player but the spots are taken up by a new player who is still learning what WvWvW is all about. That new player is going to be pressured into giving up his spot so the elites can all be together.

I don’t see the problem.

Sincerely,
Detective Miss Winters,

Lol…you don’t? Then blind thou art!

“Get off this server you noob, you cannot play worth kitten. Go somewhere else and play. Leave this server for the real players.”

You cannot see a problem with that?

Theftwind (HoD)