Kodash/Aurora Glade/Gunnar's Hold - 20.IX

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

what did he do?^^

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in Match-ups

Posted by: ZStefanovic.2475

ZStefanovic.2475

i’m sorry birdy, wasnt my call to make!

but il be glad to pet you with my hammer one of these days

Former [FURY] – Farming Orr since 1802
my stream: http://twitch.tv/Para_Streaming
All names start with Para

in Match-ups

Silent Shino.7239

oh hai Para any chance of FURY coming back to it’s homeland any time soon?

All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in Match-ups

Posted by: thisismitch.6214

thisismitch.6214

Sorry kiddo. But we won’t be returning any time soon.

Casual Bloodshed

in Match-ups

Posted by: Minola.1045

Minola.1045

Thanks to GH and AG for the really nice fights today on AG BL, had really much fun!

Minola Klingenweg | Warrior
Minola Düsterfels | Necromancer
Kodash [DE] | BANHAMMER [BAN]

in Match-ups

Posted by: ZStefanovic.2475

ZStefanovic.2475

Decent fights tonight, missed allot of guilds but its Saturday so enjoy the drinks! Hope for some more guild action tomorrow, lets get the best out of this match up.

Former [FURY] – Farming Orr since 1802
my stream: http://twitch.tv/Para_Streaming
All names start with Para

in Match-ups

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Nice fights tonight.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Match-ups

Posted by: Loopsn.1870

Loopsn.1870

We Love you Kodash!!!!

How come?^^

Kodash[DE] – Fruityloop (80 / ELE)

in Match-ups

Posted by: DominicB.4821

DominicB.4821

With team playing gta 5 and leaving dom to die by himself on a daily roaming basis I have decided to do spy on this weeks enemies.
After infiltrating GH through harsh storms and smelly sewers, my research has lead me to believe they are all far more interested in RL issues rather than ppt. Wouldn’t even party with me in the sky bar. This mean they lose maximum point potential during prime time and would rather be talking useless gibberjabber.
Would like to thank OX for their useful tips on the area and their sweet ranger babe for letting me have my way with her in the dom den. 100% sure was a girl.

Coming for you, Kodash

Attachments:

Rizadom

(edited by DominicB.4821)

in Match-ups

Silent Shino.7239

Would like to thank OX for their useful tips on the area and their sweet ranger babe for letting me have my way with her in the dom den. 100% sure was a girl.

Coming for you, Kodash

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

On behalf of [Team] guild – I would like to thank most of the “pro” guilds on GH and Kodash for their help in letting us own them. You keep trying so hard, but soon you will learn to just flee in fear whenever you see [Team] on the horizon.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

On behalf of [Team] guild – I would like to thank most of the “pro” guilds on GH and Kodash for their help in letting us own them. You keep trying so hard, but soon you will learn to just flee in fear whenever you see [Team] on the horizon.

You must be the biggest Hero on the Internet.
Guess you get all the girls.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in Match-ups

Lordrosicky.5813

You must be the biggest Hero on the Internet.
Guess you get all the girls.

[Team] does. Didn’t you read dom’s post above?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grizz.6872

Grizz.6872

We Love you Kodash!!!!

Tomorrow evening, your borderlands.

Best wishes, the Charr Commander on the right side.

Thanks for all those epic fights on your borderlands.

Attachments:

Kodash [DE] Commander
[BAN] BANHAMMER
www.banhammer.de

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chabo.7498

Chabo.7498

We only have girl gamers in our guild.

In return, have a screenshot of your head posted by one of our guildies earlier.

Attachments:

Roaming/Raid Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Ty Rage for the Gvg Really tight, next time we face Gh will go do Gvg again
Ty for all the fun.

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Umpire.9510

The Umpire.9510

Wow and then we met VcY

Attachments:

Raidleader stikkomaniacs
Guild: SFRJ
Server: FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

Yeah fun night all around. Great fights with DAWN and then a bit of raiding in EB, awesome.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bambula.3649

Bambula.3649

ring ring and the alarm clock woke you up

Orga for [WUMS]

in Match-ups

hihey.1075

I have to say, Aurora Glade has (overall) the worst thieves I have seen so far. They all are D/P and the only thing they can do is chain 3 HS into a BP, never seen one using Headshot or Shadowshot yet.
But their Mesmers are really, really tough! Props to all the mesmers I’ve fought in AG in these days!

On the other hand, Kodash thieves are not bad at all, got plenty of good fights against them!

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sceinna.3561

Sceinna.3561

I have to say, Aurora Glade has (overall) the worst thieves I have seen so far. They all are D/P and the only thing they can do is chain 3 HS into a BP, never seen one using Headshot or Shadowshot yet.
But their Mesmers are really, really tough! Props to all the mesmers I’ve fought in AG in these days!

On the other hand, Kodash thieves are not bad at all, got plenty of good fights against them!

I agree, one of them complained I used Cloack and Dagger on a Hawk whilst he ran with Hide in Shadows, Shadow Refuge and Blinding Powder on top of already having Perma Stealth with D/P.

That was the most 30 boring minutes of my life where I had him down to 20% health a million times and he’d run off and come back full health.

I’m not sure if he was being serious or trying to troll me when he suggested he was a better player because D/P is harder to play than P/D (not saying P/D is such a hard build, it really isn’t.. but compareable to D/P? LOL).

D/P is so broken really.. I wish Anet would do something about it, they’ll only die if they want to die. Or bore you to death for 30 minutes, eventually you’ll fall asleep and he gets a free kill out of it. I don’t understand how anyone could think they’re a better player when someones landing CnDs on you whilst you are stealthed with a successrate of 99% and completely destroying your OP kitten lol. Not to mention them keeping you perma blinded too, spamming 1 to get rid of blind isn’t much of an issue tho but it adds to the annoyance of that build.

So much for my thief rant, Anet fix your class.. thief should always be actively fighting to be able to stealth, it’d filter out the baddies and make this class so much more enjoyable, IMO.

(edited by Sceinna.3561)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

I never thought I’d see the day you complained about D/P. Not after all the time you abused it to max. I will have a beer now.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Match-ups

hihey.1075

I agree, one of them complained I used Cloack and Dagger on a Hawk whilst he ran with Hide in Shadows, Shadow Refuge and Blinding Powder on top of already having Perma Stealth with D/P.

That was the most 30 boring minutes of my life where I had him down to 20% health a million times and he’d run off and come back full health.

I’m not sure if he was being serious or trying to troll me when he suggested he was a better player because D/P is harder to play than P/D (not saying P/D is such a hard build, it really isn’t.. but compareable to D/P? LOL).

D/P is so broken really.. I wish Anet would do something about it, they’ll only die if they want to die. Or bore you to death for 30 minutes, eventually you’ll fall asleep and he gets a free kill out of it. I don’t understand how anyone could think they’re a better player when someones landing CnDs on you whilst you are stealthed with a successrate of 99% and completely destroying your OP kitten lol. Not to mention them keeping you perma blinded too, spamming 1 to get rid of blind isn’t much of an issue tho but it adds to the annoyance of that build.

So much for my thief rant, Anet fix your class.. thief should always be actively fighting to be able to stealth, it’d filter out the baddies and make this class so much more enjoyable, IMO.

I don’t think D/P to be broken – I use it myself, but unless I am fighting outnumbered (which is 80% of the time I spend in WvW), I barely go in stealth for more than 4 seconds (with the exception of Shadow Refuge). That’s why I find fights against D/D thieves to be really entertaining, we end up staying in stealth for the same amount of time, but while I do have more survivability (thanks to Blinding Powder), they have more burst (CnD).

Anyway, let’s not turn this topic into a “omg please nerf D/P permastealth thieves”. There are quite a lot of them in these forums. I just wanted to point out the lack of skill of the vast majority of AG thieves and the good skill of Kodash ones.

(of course I am referring to myself alone – I know there are some good thieves in AG too)

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

in Match-ups

Sceinna.3561

I never thought I’d see the day you complained about D/P. Not after all the time you abused it to max. I will have a beer now.

We haven’t faced eachother for months though. I dropped D/P as soon as it went meta. But yes, I used to roll D/P and I used to absolutely destroy people with it, so I know what I’m talking about. Now shoo back to your own thread. :P

@Above,

If you build D/P properly you’ll hit as much as D/D whilst maintaining survivability, on top of that you’re perma blinding that poor D/D thief and outstealthing him, it’s never a fair fight. Anything melee pretty much cannot kill D/P.

I mean, the fact you complained about bad D/P thieves probably means they WERE bad but you couldn’t kill them due to perma stealthing & blinding. (atleast that’s my issue with D/P thieves)

(edited by Sceinna.3561)

in Match-ups

Zumy.6318

Sorry Laela, this is my own thread :P.
Kodash is my original server and I went back on it to play with Buka like 3-4 months ago.
You played it quite some months more than when it went meta, but I like the fact you dropped it. You are a good thief and X/D suits you better.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

(edited by Zumy.6318)

in Match-ups

Sceinna.3561

Sorry Laela, this is my own thread :P.
Kodash is my original server and I went back on it to play with Buka like 3-4 months ago.
You played it quite some months more than when it went meta, but I like the fact you dropped it. You are a good thief and X/D suits you better.

Mate, I’m one of the reasons that build went meta lol.. Yishis picked up a variation of my build (credited me for in his video descriptions) and that’s when D/P started to skyrocket.

My D/P videos are at like ~10k views, I get people whispering me everyday how to play and build their build. It’s the sole reason I stopped D/P months ago. Been P/D, D/D and S/D for a long long time now, depending on what I feel like playing. :P

in Match-ups

hihey.1075

@Above,

If you build D/P properly you’ll hit as much as D/D whilst maintaining survivability, on top of that you’re perma blinding that poor D/D thief and outstealthing him, it’s never a fair fight. Anything melee pretty much cannot kill D/P.

I mean, the fact you complained about bad D/P thieves probably means they WERE bad but you couldn’t kill them due to perma stealthing & blinding. (atleast that’s my issue with D/P thieves)

Well, it’s not like I can stay in the smoke field for too long, I can still be hit while inside the smoke field by someone who is staying outside the field without being blinded. That’s how I kill D/P thief.

And no, I was not complaining because I couldn’t kill them. I can’t kill 2 D/P thieves, but I sure as hell can kill 1

Do you get enraged if I tell you I don’t even know who you are? XD

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

in Match-ups

Zumy.6318

I know when Yishis commented your video and also when you posted those videos.
D/P still was meta months before that.

Yishis has videos of himself playing the D/P meta months before he replied to yours.
His comment aknowledged the smart use of runes and heal and how you managed to HS 4x and withdraw forward.

I know that because it made me reconsider my sympathy for yhishis, promoting broken buildplay.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

(edited by Zumy.6318)

in Match-ups

Sceinna.3561

@Above,

Well, it’s not like I can stay in the smoke field for too long, I can still be hit while inside the smoke field by someone who is staying outside the field without being blinded. That’s how I kill D/P thief.

And no, I was not complaining because I couldn’t kill them. I can’t kill 2 D/P thieves, but I sure as hell can kill 1

Do you get enraged if I tell you I don’t even know who you are? XD

Of course not, I don’t care about “fame”.. do you realise how frustrating it is to get the same whispers everyday? ;p

10k views is peanuts on youtube, it doesn’t gain you anything, except your ingame mailbox being spammed and getting asked the same questions everyday, it almost made me quit GW2 not even kidding lol. :P

Zumy theres no denying D/P was less present as it is now (although I don’t see them that often anymore nowadays, still significally more than when I played D/P though). Yishis imo is the “cause” of that, every video he puts out causes hundreds of players to try out his builds lol.

in Match-ups

Zumy.6318

I give you that. It spread more and people became more dangerous with it.
The meta was established along with jumpers build in tPvP and exported to WvW back in december though.

As for D/P thieves: when I see one I slot scorpion wire and also use throw dagger with basivenom to stun in blinding powder. After I used those two combobreakers I laugh my kitten off when they either die or run away in panic.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in Match-ups

Sceinna.3561

Anyways, we can have this chit chat ingame.. don’t feel comfortable spamming matchup thread with this thief nonsense.

Fun matchup so far, which RL allowed me to play more.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

Burn Laela! He is the reason for this D/P madness!

i haet u!!!

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

sick em buff – one month till thiefs cant hide from me anymore

had some nice fights in this matchup. keep the spirit up.

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in Match-ups

Zumy.6318

Sick Em needs a target and gets prematurely disabled when your target goes invisible.

I am not scared :P .

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

when the attack of the ranged pet is already flying it will hit. sick em + black widow will become pretty nasty

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in Match-ups

Zumy.6318

Nurf reinga nao, plox!

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in Match-ups

Silent Shino.7239

it seems that Kodash considered two guys with catapults a big enough threat to build an ac and launch a zerg at us.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

it seems that Kodash considered two guys with catapults a big enough threat to build an ac and launch a zerg at us.

#justgermanthings

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Lordrosicky.5813

ring ring and the alarm clock woke you up

:P Maybe :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Catinka.5476

Catinka.5476

Had some great fights about SM this evening, if only the skill lag wasn’t that bad it would have been even more fun.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JimJames.5361

JimJames.5361

Great fights on Kodash border for us! Thanks to TUP and the other guilds!

[VII] Brutal Slaps – Warrior of Seventh Legion – Aurora Glade

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monkeymonger.9235

Monkeymonger.9235

Some fun battles for bay, briar and lake on gh. Thanks to NR, UNI on the one side, and EOW plus friends on the other (i’m sorry but i can’t remember the other two guilds).

After fighting weak servers week after week, slowly we’re getting the hang of it again.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Los Re.4607

Los Re.4607

And a big ty to DAWN for the nice fights and the class they showed at some point when we fighting alot of AG. That’s what distinguish zergs from guilds.

(edited by Los Re.4607)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

No problem, i always try to do it, i tought that Nr and Uni got it i left them fight you without DAWN even if we were fight you guys first, and if more people add to a fight i try to pull out if there is no need, plus is always good to watch a fight from the side.
Ty for the fight too.

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: zagaraad.2780

zagaraad.2780

VII has Thursday night free for an official 20vs20 if anyone isn’t booked out yet?

in Match-ups

hihey.1075

Good fights today in EB

Also, I am pleased to see that the Bloodlust buff is completely irrelevant: Aurora Glade is the Server who most benefits from it (they always have at least 2 stacks of it whenever I log in), still they are performing really, really badly.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

Firstly, loving the clashes with you Vanz boyo was a real stern test of the lads. Really loved the challenge you provided in bucket loads. Appreciate the standing at the side when already engaged with someone on your server too. We do try, barring that clusterkitten on a few occasions. Did try to make it a 3way after seeing you and INC engaged.

Second, cheers to INC and others from GH for the fights. Appreciate you (INC) not adding in when already fighting 2 guilds from your server. I made one error after that in ruins that I paid for. Same can not be said about the other guilds, had 3 GH guilds fight us in ruins, freely adding in to us already outmanned. Provides a challenge none the less, we live for the action.

Nice to see we have some PPT trolls on matchup threads as always. AG guilds have been involved in GvGs, AG recently lost a guild and AG population is heavy PVE (dragons). So for a server that’s got how many new guilds? To sit there and comment on “performing badly?” in what sense do you mean. 100-150 ppt in primetime, dude a lot of people stopped playing PPT back in 2012.

Had an epic time tonight thanks to all the guilds and zergs we banged heads against.

Would love a clarification on what performing really really badly means <3

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Genotix.6804

Genotix.6804

@Dranul
First as far as i know we haven’t recieved any new guilds after CE two weeks ago.
We have some guilds scouting us but none at full force.
Since our last matchup we have received some guilds (we are more than happy about those guilds as they fit perfectly well to our community). You have received some guilds aswell.

Also we have lost many people to dragon events too as we have no qs during the weekend and being a medium server i think it hurts us more, not that it matters a lot just saying.

What Hihey means, my peronal opinion ofcourse as i am sure he can speak perfectly well about himself, is that you are performing bad as individuals even though you have the buff most of the times.
I am perfectly sure that he means the encounters he had as an individual and not the average level of aurora.

As for PPT there are some people like me who play for points and for all of us being at a server lower ranked than yours and 4 places lower than Kodash, even to tick +5 is nothing to be ashamed for

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

As long as we stay out of Bronze league, it’s no big deal. Just keep enough of a point tick going not to fall down too much in the rankings. AG doesn’t have much of a “for the realm” mentality nowadays so the point tick is what it is, below par for what we should reasonably have.

Used to be a lot of guys putting in 24/7 of work for AG but they burned themselves out by now. For me it’s just about getting a couple of decent fights out there, and that’s what has kept me going I guess.

Good thing you still got the fight left in you, I reckon most in AG are just past the point of caring, unless something drastic happens to the system. Fighting the likes of Vizunah and Abaddon’s will make anyone lose faith in the points. All you can do is have a couple of good fights, have a bit of fun, and then not worry about what happens after you log out (likely a massive zerg tearing down all your hard-earned upgrades).

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

(edited by TheGreatA.4192)

in Match-ups

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

Highly doubt GH get’s more affected then us for the PvE patch, here the other day we had over 150 people in TS killing Tequilla… :P
As for WvW population on AG compared to PvE, the WvW is nothing, I dont really know how many guilds AG have that got 400-500 members that only does PvE think it’s up to 4.5 of them. If we are lucky, they might have a group of max 5 from those guilds each :P In addition, AG havn’t recieved any guilds the last month or so now, and in the last month AG “lost” a guild aswell.
After what Dranul said about INC, which if I’m not completely wrong actually were a PS guild?

But yeah, AG does for sure have the possibility to have more people in WvW then GH as we’re classified as Very High populated, just that 85% of those people have never stepped a fot into WvW, or been there for more then 1 hour a week, and that’s only to run in the EB zerg to get those achie. points for killing invaders most of the time.
So what I’m trying to say, I would rather have a medium population were you got the same “core” logging in every day as what you on GH most likely have managed to build up after you’ve been going up and down in rankings like a rollercoaster due to bandwagoning.

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash