Thief/Mesmer/Warrior/Guard/Necro/Ranger
Frostbringer

Piken/Augury/Kodash 21/6/13

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

where are the piken small scale groups? i alsways see piken zergs
pls help me to find them

If you cant see them, it usually mean they are in other areas than where the Kodash/AR zergs run. Sorry.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

GG was running solo mostly tonight but kept getting run over by the EoW+ friendlies Kodash group and VoTF+friendlies AR group. We do occasionally group together with others for certain targets but prefer not to like most Piken guilds.

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dominik.5162

Dominik.5162

First of all:

Thanks VoTF for the GvG this evening, you hit us hard and your victory was well deserved.
EoW has to get better in movement and Focus-Dmg, we will focus on Red Guard and other videos to get better.
Hope you actually had fun looting us.

Secondly i want to thank [BLAK] [BL] [Oops] and Augury random for that very epic fight at the end of our raid!
I hope we showed you some respect!!
Actually we have repect to you, too… espeacially [BLAK]!

Btw: Sorry [GG], EoW didn’t want the “friendlies”^^ hope to meet with equal numbers someday!

Greets from [EoW]

Iliaz
Team Aggression [TA]
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

(edited by Dominik.5162)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hora.1857

Hora.1857

where are the piken small scale groups? i alsways see piken zergs
pls help me to find them

If you cant see them, it usually mean they are in other areas than where the Kodash/AR zergs run. Sorry.

i was run with 4 guildmates in kodash bl and aug bl and we didtn find pikenzergs with less then 10 players, next time we try piken bl

Kodasch DE
Thief/Mesmer/Warrior/Guard/Necro/Ranger
Frostbringer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

GG was running solo mostly tonight but kept getting run over by the EoW+ friendlies Kodash group and VoTF+friendlies AR group. We do occasionally group together with others for certain targets but prefer not to like most Piken guilds.

Huh? for the entirety of the raid I was present at VoTF not once had any allies with them, some memorable moments would be at the northeast tower where we engaged 25v your whole server (you werent solo then??). Perhaps after the majority of our raid had left and there was like 10 VoTF left you saw them with friendlies, but thats hardly a guild raid by any means.

In anycase thank you to both SPRT and EoW for the GvG this week, was fun.

A video of our gvg vs SPRT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf-p0wcsVEw

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

(edited by Jackie.1829)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

No it was the beginning of the evening around 7-9pm, several times we ran into your guild, most the time you had 20-25 at a guess with 5-8friendlies tagging behind. You might not have spotted us seeing as we were running a little light tonight with only 10-12 at our max, so easy for you to not notice when you walked over us. We did join up with the larger group a few times, either coz we saw the size of your groups(both servers) so had to, or coz we were passing by and lent a hand. Don’t get all stressed about it i’m not QQing i was just stating for someone else(Hora), as they claimed no small guilds were running around. I understand the mechanics of WvW and i’m glad AR hasn’t gone the same way as a lot of other servers, so relax:)

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Opetru.5940

Opetru.5940

Thank you for that week, we had lot of fun. I want to show all my respect for HoB, EoW, VII, and especially for GH. You guys play very well, and i hope we ll see each other another day. Nobody can contest that you are skillful, and we are improving ourselves by fighting you.
Good luck for the future.
Best regards.

O Petru – Guardian 80
BLAK – Black Horde
EU – Augury Rock

(edited by Opetru.5940)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Croustibat.1304

Croustibat.1304

Hello, nice fights against [GH] today, dont know exactly how many u were but we tryed hard !
Still a lot to learn for us !
See ya in a next matchup and have fun guys

Jhiana [WAR] Raidleader , Croustibat on swtor ( tofn )
www.warforgis.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devitz.2136

Devitz.2136

@ Jue

When u speak about a 2nd guild raid its bout War ? We were 6-7 at this time ( day off ) .
Dont knew that u guys had a gvg.
Maybe next time do it on the south camp spot and not near our rez… at least everyone know what’s going on.

[BLAK] should of informed you correctly of what was going on. You can’t really claim lack of communication or a correct area when the representative specifically claimed in the screenshots here: http://s178.photobucket.com/user/jueanderson/media/2222_zps501a61f3.jpg.html

Numbers and place, no pick ups. It doesn’t matter how many [WAR] you are, you should not of been there in the first place. The only people you have to blame is those you play with, not us. Just to be clear, the first fight was not at the spawn, it was at the skill point aswell. The French group was waiting there for a few minutes which means you must of been informed to some detail that our group was moving there so unless you thought we were going to fight over a skill point I call B.S.

On ur screen we can clearly see that at least 3 players were not from FG on this fight.
So who is talking BS ?
Anyway i’ll stop to post, its useless and i’ll dont waste my time anymore .
U guys have ur pov and ive mine.
That was the same thing of swtor forum, i should knew that.
PS : /wave to INC , on which serv are you moving guys ?

Moved to Blacktide(us) – GH – WSR match-up for 1.5week, needed to recruit some missing classes. Mission succed!
I’m curious about an incoming reset, we’ll be back on Piken if the match-up won’t look like Piken – Blobadon – Rivercart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Daze.6914

Daze.6914

Come back to us Devitz!

War Inc. Community [WIC]
Far Shiverpeaks
GW2 WvW - GW2 Gem Price

in Match-ups

Posted by: zagaraad.2780

zagaraad.2780

I’m a bit sad to see this match end. Lots of guilds to fight and constant zergs to have a go at during primetime. It was a good week. Fingers crossed none of us get matched with low pop servers at reset.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Moon.6371

Moon.6371

Unfortunately, for me personally, this has been one of the saddest weeks smallscale wise for some months. I expected a lot going into this, having fond memories of beautiful fights vs the tiptop smallscale Pikeneers from last year. TUP, Necr and the likes gave me the wvw experience I am (still) looking for.

Same for Augury Rock, after Arborstone crashed, Kodash had the pleasure to fight you guys and it was amzing. You had at least three very potent 5-10 mans roaming the maps, avoiding zergs, just looking for pvp-action. PRD (former Arborstone smallscale guild) leading the way with exceptional individual player quality.

This week totally lacked that, every attemp to find smallscale primetime is negated by massive lags, off primetime people just leave entire borderlands, instead merge into the biggest borderland jumping karmatrain possible and crush doors or smallscale groups stupid enough standing in their way. Ten minutes later the newly colored borderland will be completely deserted again, due to the jumping blob leaving to another borderland.

On the contrary, I want to show my utmost respect to the only exception to this serverwide phenomenon. To the piken guild called [TNTD] or something similar (apologize, i`m really bad with tags and names): You guys rock, you gave us amazing fights whenever we met you, you played smart but did not wait for and rely on overwhelming reinforcements – it was awesome.

My summary of this week:
Where did all the smallscalers go?

Best regards

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

(edited by Moon.6371)

in Match-ups

Posted by: danlarusso.2790

danlarusso.2790

Can only agree with Moon, a very lackluster week is nearing its end. Eventho Kodash is in first place since many months ago, for me personally it was the weakest WvW week in a long time: a matchup full of brainless Karmatrain Zergs from all 3 sides.

The most boring part was the almost complete lack of roamers and small teams. Anything below 10 vs 10 was a rare sight or a huge stepdown in quality compared to the players from the T1/T2 servers we faced during the last months. Maybe i just got unlucky during my playtime, but from what i’ve encounterd, i didn’t even bother with food buffs.

I hope that didn’t sound to kitteny, i just think WvW is way past its peak which is sad.

/Chillz [PIMP “Pimp My Dolyak”] Kodash WvW Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: street.2176

street.2176

Id love a PikenTears – Blobadon – Rivercart Matchup.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

. Anything below 10 vs 10 was a rare sight or a huge stepdown in quality compared to the players from the T1/T2 servers we faced during the last months. Maybe i just got unlucky during my playtime, but from what i’ve encounterd, i didn’t even bother with food buffs.

I hope that didn’t sound to kitteny, i just think WvW is way past its peak which is sad.

Personally I think 10 or below is just WAY too small. WvW is about large scale battles not roaming groups. I think you are playing the wrong game mode.
Ideal would be 3 guilds of 20-25 players on each BL imo.

I think wvw is reaching its peak, devs said they will be trying to encourage people NOT to group up to 1 big blob in the next updates. And from experience from WAR for example, as time passed the quality of RvR only increased, when I quit WAR there were only quality roaming guilds full of loyal players, I am hoping WvW will reach that point eventually.

(edited by Aphix.9846)

in Match-ups

Posted by: danlarusso.2790

danlarusso.2790

Exciting, large scale battles? Big Zergs are just avoiding that. You rush over everything as fast as possible, the more players the better. It’s quite the contrary of what a RvR PvP game should offer. Think about it.

TPvP is about standing on Points with Bunker builds and group compositions that cancel out the enemy team. Small scale WvW is a lot more exciting with a lot of random elements thrown in. To bad it never got promoted more by Anet. The whole WvW game seems designed for smaller groups: be it the small supply camps, how much supply you need for siege, structure hp, former culling etc. Yet there is no mechanic that stops stacking players, since more is always more effective.

Nobody is at fault here but the people who decide the rules (ArenaNet).

/Chillz [PIMP “Pimp My Dolyak”] Kodash WvW Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: maeggle.6021

maeggle.6021

Personally I think 10 or below is just WAY too small. WvW is about large scale battles not roaming groups. I think you are playing the wrong game mode.

WvW is what you make out of it. It’s a sandbox with a small set of fixed rules (3 factions, 4 maps, limited amount of players per map, some recognizable objectives, that is), the rest is up to the players playing the game.

Ideal would be 3 guilds of 20-25 players on each BL.

This is what you’d like, I hope you don’t expect everybody complying with that.

I find it ridiculous constantly running circles with more than 5 to capture supply camps (though sometimes doing the same when supplies are needed), cause this can also be done by a single player or a small group; Enabling a larger force to focus on bigger objectives or wreak havoc while small groups do some more versatile stuff. Open field battles are awesome, ofc – but there is more in WvW to some people than putting mass-CC down, spamming conditions and condition removes, in hopes no ally misses the stability buff while another one recieves it twice.

I sincerely hope we don’t meet the Golden Horde guild blob anytime soon again. Good group builds, well coordinated, but I really don’t like the current guardian-necro-warrior-meta, especially when getting kittened by 35+ of em.
Small-scale-wise this match up was pretty weak (applies to both skill and behaviour). Being forced in a duel, then getting ambushed by the enemy’s guildees was as common as /laughing when retreating from such situations or /dance and jumping on corpses after steamrolling smaller groups, especially from Pikeneers.

This thread alone contains many samples of poor sportsmanship and lopsidedness, just like on the borderlands this week.

Some guilds have earned my respect for their great fighting spirit (even when outnumbered) and game play (tactical and skill-wise), though. I’m a total sucker at tags and names, but i think one of them were [WoB] or sth like that from PS. They engaged with ~15 and without other guild groups for backup, even when outnumbered and fought well with what they got.

Kodash [DE] – Ninja Nurse Rescue Squad [care] – Elementalist
A landing you can walk away from just wasn’t fast enough.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

With 10 man groups roaming wvw would be incredibly dull.
40+ man blobs are stupid as well, even if I enjoy wiping them :p
Ideally I see wvw as a place for guilds to roam and the perfect size for that is 20-25.
Obviously this my opinion..

But the current situation is that we need to adapt to the meta and current playstyle, if enemies are running around with 40 man guild groups, we need to counter that with similar numbers, simple as that. Hopefully things will change.

(edited by Aphix.9846)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

[..] Being forced in a duel, then getting ambushed by the enemy’s guildees was as common as /laughing when retreating from such situations or /dance and jumping on corpses after steamrolling smaller groups, especially from Pikeneers.

This thread alone contains many samples of poor sportsmanship and lopsidedness, just like on the borderlands this week. [..]

Would poor sportsmanship include making unfounded statements and hypocrisy? How have you evaluated your server behavior in similar situations? Every server has gank-squads, so claiming superiority is rather silly.

Some are rather obsessed with idea that guild should only move among themselves and then they are “good” or “honorable”. Some guilds do say to pugs (like me) ‘go away, we want to run as guild’. Gladly most accept pugs for a common goal. Then people freak out when there is pugs (or even other guilds) with some guild taking tower or, heavens forbid, battle in open. Then ironically those that do freak out see no problem of forming their own out-of-guild zergs.

[Hex]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rich.1528

Rich.1528

Nice to see posts about 100500+ numbers of any guild. Red always more, ofc
We have 30 tops on our prime and can also roam with 12-15-18 ppl before\after our official raid time.
As i prosmissed – video with nice action near briar (first 4 minutes), especially 2nd fight when we met 3 guildraids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KzSdc8FTIOo

Richmond
Golden Horde [GH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Turx.6987

Turx.6987

I’m a total sucker at tags and names, but i think one of them were [WoB] or sth like that from PS. They engaged with ~15 and without other guild groups for backup, even when outnumbered and fought well with what they got.

This could have been us at [HoB]? This has been a more enjoyable match up than last week for sure. See you all in the lakes next time around.

Turx Stormcaller (Ele) – Turx of the Veil (Mes) – Hand of Blood [HoB]

Piken Square [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elvicof.8263

Elvicof.8263

HAI TURX……..

VII – AG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Turx.6987

Turx.6987

HAI ELVI! I LIKE UR GUILD CAN I JOIN PLOX LOL

Turx Stormcaller (Ele) – Turx of the Veil (Mes) – Hand of Blood [HoB]

Piken Square [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elvicof.8263

Elvicof.8263

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO……

VII – AG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

With 10 man groups roaming wvw would be incredibly dull.
40+ man blobs are stupid as well, even if I enjoy wiping them :p
Ideally I see wvw as a place for guilds to roam and the perfect size for that is 20-25.
Obviously this my opinion..

I’d talk about it in terms of “minimum size”, not the “perfect size”.

The question is “What is a bare minimum size of a raid to be able to take on (or at least have some chance at) any challenges on WvW including all-map enemy blobs?”

Of course it depends heavily on play level of raid members but 25 (+-5) is a ballpark number.

The idea is to have just enough forces so your ability is not limited to just a subset of WvW tasks but at the same time to avoid delays and boredom that huge blobs bring.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

lol when did piken square become such a zerg server? Thought they where a server with good solo roamers and guilds. But instaed of that evry piken guild runs in 30+ zerg and chase solo people and interrupt duells. please tell me waht have you done with the old piken square?

Grimkram [sS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

lol when did piken square become such a zerg server? Thought they where a server with good solo roamers and guilds. But instaed of that evry piken guild runs in 30+ zerg and chase solo people and interrupt duells. please tell me waht have you done with the old piken square?

What you are saying is that it is fine for Kodash or Augury Rock to run 30+ zergs, but it is not fine for Piken Square to do so. Furthermore it is fine that Kodash or Augury Rock 30+ zergs chase solo people and interrupt duels, but it is not fine that Piken Square zergs do so.

Could there be possibility that every server in this match-up do in fact run 30+ zergs and those zergs steamroll duellers?

[Hex]

in Match-ups

Posted by: qweman.5298

qweman.5298

When augury become so coward? Running away from 20+ SPRT is very fun to see

https://www.youtube.com/user/trial19911
Qwe Man
Visceral Effect [vE]