Q: 10/18: BP/YB/EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fershizzy.1249

Fershizzy.1249

For those who are reading comprehension challenged. I am simply responding to a post where the poster (not the postee) was stating that only BP ever complained about their numbers. The key words in the above sentence is “responding” and " only BP ever". If it makes anyone on this anonymous forum feel better I will capitulate that extreme numbers happen on most servers as long as the anti-BP crowd will capitulate that YB numbers are not as skillful as other server’s numbers when matched evenly or very close in numbers. Statistically speaking wins usually lean toward the opponent of YB when the numbers are within a +/- ratio of 10.

I will be here all week. If you need the assistance on any of the above definitions or require pie charts I am more than glad to help out. In the mean time, enjoy a clip of a recent unpleasant experience I have had of trying to hold a tower in EB.

A bit late but since he said he’ll be here all week acting like he’s actually intelligent…(“reading comprehension challenged” ROFL)

1. “Postee” is not a word. It’s not even a wrongly used word.

2. You used capitulate(an archaic word to begin with and no less than 3 times in quick succession) when you actually mean concede.

3. +/- ratio of 10 is not a statistic.

4. Even if I “capitulate” that your intended use of ratio was a grammatical error(there’s nothing grammatically wrong about it, just your intended use), by saying +/- 10 your actually contradicting your original point as it simply means that they beat your group of 10 with 1 person, 20 people or everything in between.

Totally agree with Faux that you should just stop talking.

in Match-ups

Posted by: grabemx.9836

grabemx.9836

For those who are reading comprehension challenged. I am simply responding to a post where the poster (not the postee) was stating that only BP ever complained about their numbers. The key words in the above sentence is “responding” and " only BP ever". If it makes anyone on this anonymous forum feel better I will capitulate that extreme numbers happen on most servers as long as the anti-BP crowd will capitulate that YB numbers are not as skillful as other server’s numbers when matched evenly or very close in numbers. Statistically speaking wins usually lean toward the opponent of YB when the numbers are within a +/- ratio of 10.

I will be here all week. If you need the assistance on any of the above definitions or require pie charts I am more than glad to help out. In the mean time, enjoy a clip of a recent unpleasant experience I have had of trying to hold a tower in EB.

A bit late but since he said he’ll be here all week acting like he’s actually intelligent…(“reading comprehension challenged” ROFL)

1. “Postee” is not a word. It’s not even a wrongly used word.

2. You used capitulate(an archaic word to begin with and no less than 3 times in quick succession) when you actually mean concede.

3. +/- ratio of 10 is not a statistic.

4. Even if I “capitulate” that your intended use of ratio was a grammatical error(there’s nothing grammatically wrong about it, just your intended use), by saying +/- 10 your actually contradicting your original point as it simply means that they beat your group of 10 with 1 person, 20 people or everything in between.

Totally agree with Faux that you should just stop talking.

Listen thanks for being late to the party and failing sarcasm 101. I appreciate it…no really I do. I am sitting here in my underwear eating doritos appreciating it. I will appreciate it all week. I capitulate your ratios. I do. HAVE AN A1 DAY! And I will stop talking when you provide proper credentials as forums police.

Edit: On never mind you only have 1 post ever, thanks for stopping by creepy internet stalker guy.

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

(edited by grabemx.9836)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

… and [Lost] was a great opponent.

yeah that’s what I’ve heard.
I wouldn’t know anything about ’em personally 0_o

Maybe you’re right tho … maybe not everything has to be so binary
Maybe some ppl can look past numbers

Yeah [Lost] was pretty fun to fight in the south of BP map yesterday. A shout to them.

SoCo on Yak

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bleergh.1938

Bleergh.1938

Had an awesome time last night(Oceanic Time) when BP came to YBBL with a zerg of at least 30 possibly 50(i’m no good at counting red names/bodies on a screen while they are moving) to try and take our Bay. I was in EBG when it first started and we were hitting inner Valley. I’m sure we would have been there for quite a while trying to take it, you had some awesome siege there EB. Anyways, our lone commander at the time calls out in map chat that BP were hitting YBBL hard.

We get to YBBL and there is BP banging on S gate of Bay with 5 omegas, we had about 3-4 AC on S gate and were able to take down one golem before they got through outer. we get to inner and realise that we have pretty much nothing in the way of siege on the gates, so we built a couple AC at gate as well as a few AC and a Bal in LR as that was all the supply we had at the time(bay was fortifying). BP took down gate easy enough(they had omegas after all) and then pushed in. I think it took us quite a while to wipe BP that first time. maybe a full defense cycle. but eventually we pushed you out.

BP tried to take bay quite a few times in the hour and a half that i was there, and i’m pretty sure that if we hadn’t had the WP there they would have had it. They even got the Lord down a couple times. I think the last time they tried they had run out of ideas as they were trebing from the camp. We split our forces(not intentionally) PvEers tried the front way while WvWers went over the hill(yes we’re old timers). I think this was the last straw for BP as they slowly dissipated after that.

So i guess you could say that the BP attack accomplished a few things, saved EB’s Valley, denied EB some lovely bags, and gave both YB and BP a LOT of bags and an hour and a half of fun! Thanks BP, it was awesome having you in our BL you are welcome to come and fail again anytime!

Shal Greenhaven
Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Skroo.1560

Skroo.1560

BP’s tenacity last night on our Bay was impressive. Your push was methodical, big, and patient. I assume you wiped on the first time getting inner down because you blinked first and ran into our grinder. Good fun guys.

Props to [LOOT] and [POV] for keeping the D together.

Skroo [POV][ROLL] – Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

grabemx.9836

Awesome fights last night in EB Hills from both YB and EB. Tenacious!

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Hey Yakerites,

Any of the oldtimers know where rawr went?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fershizzy.1249

Fershizzy.1249

Listen thanks for being late to the party and failing sarcasm 101. I appreciate it…no really I do. I am sitting here in my underwear eating doritos appreciating it. I will appreciate it all week. I capitulate your ratios. I do. HAVE AN A1 DAY! And I will stop talking when you provide proper credentials as forums police.

Edit: On never mind you only have 1 post ever, thanks for stopping by creepy internet stalker guy.

I believe you have confused sarcasm with idiocy. You should be flattered there was so much of that that it compelled me to post.
Also, i’m flattered you would click on my name to see if you could find more info about me. I was merely expressing my agreement to a recommendation made by someone else.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lastrites.5286

Lastrites.5286

Hey Yakerites,

Any of the oldtimers know where rawr went?

Hey Vol, Rawr has moved to HoD, and from what I hear are very happy there.

Lastritês – Primi Agminis Legio [PAL]
Yak’s Bend Community Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: GabGar.4962

GabGar.4962

I thougth I never see BP beign humiliated by YB.

Good work YB! Keep it up!

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

So much QQ about zergs in here.

I can’t wait to murder you nerds!!

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lukrath.6982

Lukrath.6982

@ anybody who fought the thief and ranger from ebay in NW camp in BP BL. Thanks for the fights guys it was LOADS of fun. scary how much damage 2 can do right? lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

+1

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in Match-ups

grabemx.9836

+1

Hey Joey maybe we will meet in battle. We can hug it out :p

Hope all’s well over there!

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

For sure man. Hope BP is going well too. I just can’t wait to see the forums for our matchup!

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

For sure man. Hope BP is going well too. I just can’t wait to see the forums for our matchup!

Meh, it’ll just be full of:

YOU ZERG!
NO YOU ZERG!
….

:)

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Also, i’m flattered you would click on my name to see if you could find more info about me

He called you a stalker. What’s that about the pot calling the kettle black?

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

Great fights today, [VP], especially the SW camp!

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

Also, i’m flattered you would click on my name to see if you could find more info about me

I need to duel you before this matchup is over. I’ve gotten better!

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

Message me ;P I do hope you aren’t still running around with the bear.

in Match-ups

Posted by: skeet.1390

skeet.1390

I just quickly browsed Yaks Bend forum and honestly all I have to say is hats off to you guys for your preparation and execution for your plan for the leagues.

Well kittening done.

Zoe Whiplash
[BanG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elixir.2169

Elixir.2169

kitten yaks doesn’t have any skills groups just massive zerg after zerg. SoCo is the closest thing you guys got and they are not even from your server props to them though. Great fights every time. Hope SoCo can rub off on yaks make them more fun to fight! Ebay, always fun to fight you guys good work! Oh I almost forgot yaks has some decent roamers though and you guys know who you are, thanks for staying out of those mindless zombie zergs!

/bows to Ebay and Soco

[vT] Loyaless – Thief
D/D S/D SB

(edited by Elixir.2169)

in Match-ups

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

kitten yaks doesn’t have any skills groups just massive zerg after zerg. SoCo is the closest thing you guys got and they are not even from your server props to them though. Great fights every time. Hope SoCo can rub off on yaks make them more fun to fight! Ebay, always fun to fight you guys good work! Oh I almost forgot yaks has some decent roamers though and you guys know who you are, thanks for staying out of those mindless zombie zergs!

/bows to Ebay and Soco

Wow, first you say that we don’t have any skills we just zerg. But we have good roamers? Do you actually think about what you write before you write it? And I could say the exact same thing about both Ebay and BP, but it’s normal for servers to have a zerg and also have groups that do roaming so I don’t cry about it.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

I just quickly browsed Yaks Bend forum and honestly all I have to say is hats off to you guys for your preparation and execution for your plan for the leagues.

Well kittening done.

If only you knew…

Our Real plan.

Cue Lightning and thunder.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: skeet.1390

skeet.1390

Well kittening done.

If only you knew…

Our Real plan.

Just stop playing? Now THAT would be a statement.

Lol its been a fun week even though we are getting bent over. Opened a few eyes at least.

Zoe Whiplash
[BanG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuking.4051

Nuking.4051

Well kittening done.

If only you knew…

Our Real plan.

I agree with skeet you guys really have one heck of a game plan for this match up. Honestly asking was your strategy was to sit on BP and not really engage EB? Did you predict there was a better chance that would give you the commanding lead you earned?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snow Ghost.6817

Snow Ghost.6817

/bows to Ebay and Soco

Wow, first you say that we don’t have any skills we just zerg. But we have good roamers? Do you actually think about what you write before you write it? And I could say the exact same thing about both Ebay and BP, but it’s normal for servers to have a zerg and also have groups that do roaming so I don’t cry about it.

What Elixir says is correct. I am sorry to say, and you might well disagree, but other than SoCo, Bsty/AD and NA, there is nothing much in the way of challenging fights for VP.

Nobody else that we see and say “It’s *********** Stack Stack Stack……” or whatever commands the situation merits. We have had to go up against the zergs this week to get some good fights. Crazy, Mental, never gonna win fights. Except we do win some of them, which makes it all worth while.

Better bring a kitten load of people if we are standing in a tower you have taken a fancy to

We have come across groups of GH that were less than 40 but not very often, good fights.

Void, brilliant movement across the map. Would like to encounter 20 of you to see how it goes but you guys look good.

This is of course, all from my own perspective and when I am online so it is very subjective.

Anyway, hoping to see some more sub 40 man teams out there over the next couple of days

/salute

Iorek
GM of [VP]
Venator Phalanx.

(edited by Snow Ghost.6817)

in Match-ups

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Message me ;P I do hope you aren’t still running around with the bear.

Sure that wasn’t me, lol? I used the brown bear as “training wheels” until I got my camp solo’ing system down pat. Solo’ed a few towers since those days. It’s not a big deal anymore.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

BP, u mad bro?

Attachments:

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Creepy Silent.9801

Creepy Silent.9801

BP, u mad bro?

In that screenshot, someone said ebay is our allies. Proof of the 2v1 conspiracy.

Anonymous Defender[AD][BSty]
Ehmry Bay
Tug Life

in Match-ups

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

BP, u mad bro?

In that screenshot, someone said ebay is our allies. Proof of the 2v1 conspiracy.

We have been very clear about that this week

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in Match-ups

Posted by: Magicclown.7052

Magicclown.7052

Another night full of fun xD. A lot of ppl died tonight. Thanks for fighting.

¥€~Clownmagic~€¥ Asura Necromancer{vT}
#Nonfactor
Broliss Pass

in Match-ups

Posted by: Magicclown.7052

Magicclown.7052

BP, u mad bro?

I thought that is how you play wvw?

¥€~Clownmagic~€¥ Asura Necromancer{vT}
#Nonfactor
Broliss Pass

in Match-ups

GabGar.4962

I really feel pity for BP, they came with the “I’m the bad butt” attitude and suddenly they received a cold shower of reallity

in Match-ups

Posted by: jpasc.6731

jpasc.6731

I really feel pity for BP, they came with the “I’m the bad butt” attitude and suddenly they received a cold shower of reallity

What if both Ehmry Bay and Yak’s Bend share an uncommonly stronger hate for BP more than the desire to wipe each other?

cue lightning

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoskinsed.4296

Hoskinsed.4296

Thanks for the great 3×7 fight last night [Pro]

Fun stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Vdux9LRSs

Even tho it did start as a bunch the pugs left.. and we where left with 4 pro VS 4 of u guys in the end not taking nuttin away from the really good fight. but in the end it was even for a while. Fun fight. hope to see u again on the field.

Yaks Bend
[Pro] Get Rich or Die Grindin
Thf 80 Mes 80

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Had some great fights with vT and NoQQ at BP spawn in YBBL. I was the silver assaulter commander. Lol it went on for like 20 mins. Fun!

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thorp.7982

Thorp.7982

Had some great fights with vT and NoQQ at BP spawn in YBBL. I was the silver assaulter commander. Lol it went on for like 20 mins. Fun!

Lol yeah, nobody else mattered but you and the Charr Guardian to be honest. You two alone were keeping us in check against your mini-zerg. It was fun.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toastiekins.3594

Toastiekins.3594

This matchup has been good for some occasional open field fighting or some open tower defense against Ebay and Yaks. Other than that, this matchup has been awful. Endless zergs from all sides, but especially late night zergs from YB. Tap a tower or keep and you get 5-10 seconds of skill lag, silence for about 2 minutes, then 40-50 of Yaks coming out of nowhere. I’m finishing the league meta and joining the bandwagon of people who are waiting until next friday.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Well there’s been some good fights, there’s no denying that. However for the most part this match really sucks, I’m not one of those achievement hunters but I am really starting to see the appeal of leaving our zerg to go cap ruins for an achievement.
Btw, props on being able to keep a dozen people on every supply camp… ALL THE TIME.
~BP

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

in Match-ups

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

What if both Ehmry Bay and Yak’s Bend share an uncommonly stronger hate for BP more than the desire to wipe each other?

cue lightning

That’s funny, we thought the same about both of you too… <.<

-Lightning strikes again-

I know! … The butler did it! DX

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in Match-ups

GabGar.4962

cue lightning

Oh please, the lame double team excuse?

It is 9:18 AM in central US time, and this is the state of the EB borderland. So please find another argument.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: tas.6310

tas.6310

Huh… as I recall ya’ll were rank 9 before and then dropped to 13… you’re playing like you’re rank 9 again Yaks! Ebay is playing like they lost a few members, though

Guild Master of Waiting for Death [WFD]
Deltona/Varlen – Commander for Borlis Pass

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

/bows to Ebay and SoCo

Thanks, Man! SoCo has been having a blast out there with everyone. We have old server mates on both servers we are playing this week and we have had some fantastic run-ins with them! The Orange Charr /waving is me. SoCo experiences a rumble of excitement when we come along one of our old mates while we are out. Even some that you would never expect

I will have to disagree with you on a couple points.

1. SoCo is very much from YB now. We are happy and loving what we have at YB for a community and WvW mates. I like to think that all our other ex family feels the same where they found a new home. From WvW to hanging in LA, SoCo is at home.

2. There isn’t a single member of SoCo who hasn’t learned some good ish from the great thinkers on YB. YB upped our game, and so did running into our old server mates. What we have with YB is a pretty great marriage of different WvW methods not only working together, but taking each other into consideration. What makes it better is that after just a few weeks YB knows how to use us, and we know how to use YB. Don’t be mistaken tho, we (YB) have other roamers out and about. We work with them often. They posses the ability to stay focused so their team doesn’t get caught out in the open waiting for me to stop running in the wrong direction.

Lots of wondrous runins with Lost, VP, and numerous others.

Thanks to everyone that’s helped to provide a very crazy week of war.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in Match-ups

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

/bows to Ebay and Soco

YB definitely has more groups at or above SoCo’s level.

Even though some of them should learn when it’s appropriate to emote and when it isn’t. You know who you are

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

/bows to Ebay and SoCo

Thanks, Man! SoCo has been having a blast out there with everyone. We have old server mates on both servers we are playing this week and we have had some fantastic run-ins with them! The Orange Charr /waving is me. SoCo experiences a rumble of excitement when we come along one of our old mates while we are out. Even some that you would never expect

I will have to disagree with you on a couple points.

1. SoCo is very much from YB now. We are happy and loving what we have at YB for a community and WvW mates. I like to think that all our other ex family feels the same where they found a new home. From WvW to hanging in LA, SoCo is at home.

2. There isn’t a single member of SoCo who hasn’t learned some good ish from the great thinkers on YB. YB upped our game, and so did running into our old server mates. What we have with YB is a pretty great marriage of different WvW methods not only working together, but taking each other into consideration. What makes it better is that after just a few weeks YB knows how to use us, and we know how to use YB. Don’t be mistaken tho, we (YB) have other roamers out and about. We work with them often. They posses the ability to stay focused so their team doesn’t get caught out in the open waiting for me to stop running in the wrong direction.

Lots of wondrous runins with Lost, VP, and numerous others.

Thanks to everyone that’s helped to provide a very crazy week of war.

What Yorgs said.

Some great small mans on Yak that we have seen and hopefully learn something from.
Like Glob, ODG , Hvc, BV and some I am probably forgetting due to old age. I think they are much more serious about this than we are. Your experience with us will vary greatly depending on levels of intoxication, Yorgy sing alongs, or total lack of anyone to give orders in a group.:) I am a proponent of following anyone who is taller than me personally.

Shout out to Vox and Ash from SoCo. Vox wiped some of us like a we weren’t there in the ruins. Ash gave us some good laughs with neat ganking. Were both of you at the Varg earlier too? I know 2 of us went there while ss was on timer to see why there were red names, and boom we are dead. Not even sure what hit us. I am making an educational cartoon now on why going to Varg is bad:)

Cheers

in Match-ups

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

2. There isn’t a single member of SoCo who hasn’t learned some good ish from the great thinkers on YB.

Yep, it’s an original strategy. Throw more numbers at it

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

2. There isn’t a single member of SoCo who hasn’t learned some good ish from the great thinkers on YB.

Yep, it’s an original strategy. Throw more numbers at it

Those aren’t even big zergs. Yap yap yap.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

If I screencap’d every opposing zerg I saw, I’d run out of disk space quite fast.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

Just a few observations/opinions from my YB point of view.

YB has always had a very large PVE population. Probably waaay larger than EB or BP. The leagues and achievements have obviously attracted many of them to WvW. I really hope they stick around but I’m noticing the queues are shorter already (only 5 minutes for EBG at around 9pm server time last night).

For the most part our PvEers are doing GREAT and listening well, but then we do have awesome commanders. Having a little patience goes a long ways with your new ppl and keeps many of them coming back. We were all new once.

Fall behind early, or by a lot, and fairweathers will bail. This seems to be a law of WvW and happens on every server, especially YB. Just a few weeks ago vs SBI was just pathetic. I hope this changes next week as we will need them. Maybe the fact that we’re in league play now and are carrying some momentum will make a difference.

I’m surprised at all the complaining about zergs. If you don’t like zerging, why participate in WvW? Just play SPvP or transfer to a low pop bronze server.

I expected complaints from EB, but apparently most of those really vocal guys have transferred off. EB has been nothing but class (IMHO) during this matchup, in game and in the forums. Hats off to them, they will come back and be stronger for it.

What happened to BP? I always perceived them as the hardworking, always striving to improve, underdog kind of server. Save for some notable exceptions (WFD you guys are tough, keep it up!) this week has been largely whines and excuses, at least in the forums. BP is better than that.

Anyways, just my opinions on the week… thanks for the fun!