SFR | Deso | Kodasch [DE] 09/13

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

Things seem to get really interesting on Desolation soon nonetheless. GvG inspired Extraordinary Gentlemen to do something rather radical. But for now, we remain on the borders waving DVG a bon voyage! Thanks for everything folks, though true titans remain and fight for what it’s worth.

Team Aggression [TA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

Poor kodasch

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

in Match-ups

Posted by: zagaraad.2780

zagaraad.2780

A little birdy tells me DVG are leaving Deso soon.

Soon to be Piken Square Vanguard it seems.

This is great news for a server that has up to 1hr queues already at primetime.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Deso has queues too… if we face t3-4 or lower opponents that have even less ppl than us, otherwise everyone goes to the lands of pve.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

DVG leaving for real? Can’t be o.o

Asuran race is the best… +
Fluttershy #1 :)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Repuran.1859

Repuran.1859

They already moved to Piken, wonder how welcomed they were xD, and Atoss we never have queues in all 4 maps at once and even less so now that 40 man DVG blob is gone.

Full time Engi, Part time Ele

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

Soon to be Piken Square Vanguard it seems.

This is great news for a server that has up to 1hr queues already at primetime.

DVG can’t leave Desolation. Who am I gonna call scrubs and squishy pugs in map chat?

Broski

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

I would agree possibly DVG could have done a bit of scouting before moving. saying that it’s departure will be felt on our bl’s, hope everyone is now prepared to take up the slack?

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toby.2357

Toby.2357

Did they leave for the muh legue rewards? Or because of something else? It sounds stupid to move a whole guild because of couple lame rewards

Level 80 Kudzu Ranger – SFR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

If Piken gets stacked on par with SFR/VS we MIGHT actually have real WvWvW! \o/ Not this WvW we have now. :P

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

in Match-ups

Repuran.1859

If Piken gets stacked on par with SFR/VS we MIGHT actually have real WvWvW! \o/ Not this WvW we have now. :P

Piken is just most stacked for prime whereas Viz/SFR are stacked night morning and prime.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fanfaron.6109

Fanfaron.6109

Gimme two!

[ZDs] Fanfaron, fieldcommander

in Match-ups

Dahir.4158

So uh… DVG, when we meet in the open field no mercy, right?

I’m gonna teabag you Ljoey/Elprozam and spam junk items in your mail Ydesia.

Broski

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

No, but to Piken Square. Piken has “only” 2 hour queue on prime time (Desolation has none). Now the question remains how many DVG will actually transfer. Their roster is big, but I suspect some will stay at Deso.

Sadly DVG was point wise the most important guild on Desolation. Without their night capping and other off time coverage, I would say Desolation doesn’t have numbers to match even rank 15 server at the moment. Sadly the season 1 begins already in Oct 4th. Ratings change slowly, so we are most likely gonna still be in top 9, which will mean starting from WvWvW league Desolation will be enjoying the outnumbered “buff” even more often.

Of course anything can happen with the transfers, but like many predicted in these forums, gazillion players transfer to the top servers and especially those which have low transfer cost (Piken is in the cheapest category, Desolation in the highest). Welcome to Bandwagon Wars 2! Skill breaking lag fest + long queues to all top servers.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in Match-ups

Posted by: PsYcHoSeAn.4835

PsYcHoSeAn.4835

Did they leave for the muh legue rewards? Or because of something else? It sounds stupid to move a whole guild because of couple lame rewards

People get a false impression I guess. It’s not the “whole guild” that moved. Because that would have been…300 members in the end? That’s just not the case.

Just another hammer swinging warrior from [INVI] on Desolation.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Guys calm down and don’t worry. We now are not getting yelled at.

NOOBS LISTEN TO ME etc etc.

Remember

New guilds are coming to Desolation on 1 October, 40 man gone now huh.. how about we get 40 stronger back…

Just sit tight, leave your DVG flag and join another guild.. Desolation still has some good WvW guilds.

Bye RUIN 2.0

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Aren’t you supposed to run a build that fares decently well both in large and small scale fights in WvW? I mean, I can see people in bloody hardcore raiding guilds going full large scale, but isn’t there a lot of middle ground?

As a Guardian, I simply replace GS with Hammer and some utilities here and there to go from a build that’s good in small scale to a build that’s good in large scale. Necromancers can do something similar, and Warriors too. Will those build excel? No, but versatility > performance imo

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wemil.7052

Wemil.7052

this will probably just make desolation stronger if they lose the rally bots <3

in every combat ive been in against desolation I have never ever seen such a bad quality guild I remember facing vizunah, deso, sfr matchup. vizunah always died first clash they have many ranged players not many melee and they are never tight but deso.

deso was the one I enjoyed and hated fighting because we were on equal levels on everything we had same numbers same quality.

deso probably gonna have some hard weeks but if they recruit some good ppls they will soon be back to play top if they want too:)

in Match-ups

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Aren’t you supposed to run a build that fares decently well both in large and small scale fights in WvW? I mean, I can see people in bloody hardcore raiding guilds going full large scale, but isn’t there a lot of middle ground?

You’ll be average in both fields tho.

Some professions have trait spreads that, with a little tuning and weapon/armor/skill switching can let you turn from group build to a roamer one in a moment – it’s true.

But most builds can’t. And you need anyway to be out of combat and safe while switching stuff, if somebody gets you in combat before you’ve finished it’s pointless.

That’s why i fail to see where is the accomplishment in ganking a guy running a group oriented build which is lagging behind his zerg in a 1 vs 1 with a fotm cheesy dueling specific build, tbh – and that’s something i read a lot on this forums, “Ahahah you guys of -server X- are so bad when i pick you out of zergs, you die or run”.
I don’t get it.

If i get caught by a roamer with a roaming specific build while i’m running a Staff support ele or a glamour confusion mesmer or a wells/marks necro there is no contest. Then is either run or accept the ganking.

Anyway rejoice, Orbageddon is upon us.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

(edited by AndrewSX.3794)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fanfaron.6109

Fanfaron.6109

Only 5 signets builds save us in front of full zone blob clash!

[ZDs] Fanfaron, fieldcommander

in Match-ups

Wolfheart.1938

Average is good enough in my book, unless you are part of that minority that does hardcore raiding (either small scale or big scale). I like to vary a lot my playstyle and being able to be helpful in zergs while being a decent roamer is refreshing. Different strokes for different folks I guess? Or maybe some classes can’t easily switch as I do…

Well I for one am guilty of doing this, but it has nothing to do with build at least in my case. I don’t run any 1 vs 1 specific build in WvW (as that would be dumb in my honest opinion) but there’s build advantage and then there’s “I spam 1 what is PvP” players which I make fun of.

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

in Match-ups

Posted by: LJMaster.6214

LJMaster.6214

HAHAHA DVG you bunch of scrubs HAHAHA im glad you finaly leaver our server!!!
First you say you want to reunite all the pugs in desolation FOR desolation and now you got all the pugs your gonna leave because kitten got to hard for you??!!
Noone liked you anyway and im glad your gone and you wont be missed!
And dont even try coming back!!

/end rant

Who are you?

Leader of Amplified Wrath [AmP]
Former Leader of Vendetta [VnT]

in Match-ups

LJMaster.6214

So unfortunately the rumours are true…

We have a full long post ready for the Desolation community forums so we’ll leave that as our explanation.

In short we are leaving because we want to be on a WvW – oriented server.

I apologise to the people of Desolation. You’re an amazing community and it was great fun on teamspeak with you all, I have many friends in all the guilds that I’ll miss playing with. I don’t really want to click transfer, but in truth if I remain on Desolation I will probably quit the game within a week or two. Tagging up started to feel like a job to a lot of us and we felt responsible for the entire server so we kept doing so.

Anyway, all the best, we’ll leave a proper post on the Desolation community teamspeak.

Thanks

Ljoey

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khally.5103

Khally.5103

First you say you want to reunite all the pugs in desolation FOR desolation and now you got all the pugs your gonna leave because kitten got to hard for you??!!

/end rant

What a shameful post from a commander we fought alongside for months. Interestingly, your guild leader thinks the exact opposite of what you just posted. Oh well, why did I even come to the forums.

in Match-ups

Posted by: zagaraad.2780

zagaraad.2780

Can anyone from DVG confirm how many Deso bads will be switching to Piken? This information will help others decide on their own future. Primarily the guild I play for and those on Piken who are already unhappy with the queues.

in Match-ups

Repuran.1859

Can anyone from DVG confirm how many Deso bads will be switching to Piken? This information will help others decide on their own future. Primarily the guild I play for and those on Piken who are already unhappy with the queues.

I’m not from DVG but I know they have a roster of 250 mostly active players since they’ve only been a guild for 2 months so my guess is over 100. Vii come to deso thanks <33

in Match-ups

Posted by: PsyllO.3728

PsyllO.3728

Well if ya need a server that isn’t queed all the time but mostly desolated you might take a look at Deso we can Always use some real guilds …

Psyllo |guardian|
[Coin] Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jue.6493

Jue.6493

Vanz, we need to play together. Transfer now.

Rida, don’t be whipped and come also.

Thanks.

in Match-ups

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

arent you suppose to be glad to have 300 man DVG blob joining ps?

Roleplayer.

in Match-ups

Posted by: stiello.1875

stiello.1875

Have you ever seen 300 people on any border? Every guild raid we had 20 up to 40 people in wvw.

So please do some homework before making such posts based on nothing but lies.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bamjam.2046

Bamjam.2046

/end rant

What a shameful post from a commander we fought alongside for months. Interestingly, your guild leader thinks the exact opposite of what you just posted. Oh well, why did I even come to the forums.

Apologies for my post but im just kittening kitten ed off because of this…
Before DVG we had a really nice pug community going and since DVG got created it all went down the drain…
I might have chosen the wrong words to express what i feel but it wont change my opinion on how i feel about DVG and all i can say is good riddance!

in Match-ups

Atoss.1056

This thread is getting more and more funny with every passing day

in Match-ups

Wolfheart.1938

Stiello is from DVG? And he talks about blobbing? Uuuuuuh

in Match-ups

LJMaster.6214

/end rant

Before DVG we had a really nice pug community going and since DVG got created it all went down the drain…
I might have chosen the wrong words to express what i feel but it wont change my opinion on how i feel about DVG and all i can say is good riddance!

Really? Well I was one of these ‘evil’ pugs before DVG was created along with many of others. We now understand WvW and we have improve dramatically as a guild and individuals. We’ve fought alongside many EXG members and I remember following Rox and studying him when i wanted to get my own commander tag. Thanks for the kind words anyway. EXG was my favourite guild on deso, shame you don’t feel the same.

I must admit though, your post is just a complete load of kittene. Anyway yeah, we’re really kitten DVG. We just managed to hold all 3 keeps on SFR borderland for a couple of hours on reset. And we managed to flip the tier 3 bay on Deso (twice) and the same on SFR hills. But yeah, we’re really kitten don’t worry.

(edited by LJMaster.6214)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bamjam.2046

Bamjam.2046

Since my original post is already deleted by a forum moderator i only want to add that it is purely MY opinion and doesnt represent ANY of my guildmembers opinions since i cant see in there heads and know what they are thinking.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

Vanz – PM me tonight ingame homie to have some quality time and a chat – I can inform you all about it.

Team Aggression [TA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Weli.4568

Weli.4568

Thanks DVG for all the fun. I’m disapointed and sad for the decision of you leaving Desolation. Hopefully we’ll meet in the battlegrounds in the future. No hard feelings

Respect, good luck, have fun and keep singing

Sincerely Finnish pug from TLA

Scatter the Weak [WK], Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]
Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

Funniest thing is, SFR is now basically impossible to play against, +150 to all stats on all their players… as if the massive bandwagoning going on wasn’t enough XDXD

What annoys me the most is Devon will come and say “we couldn’t possibly have predicted this would happen” or something to this effect.

in Match-ups

Repuran.1859

This is stupid, SFR are spawn farming us on EB atm and I’m sure this wouldn’t be happening if they didn’t have the +150 buff.

As if this match-up wasn’t one sided enough already…

in Match-ups

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

I’m stopping playing wvw for the time being.

No hate for anybody, aside Anet.

I was already kitten ed off by the margin (qqing about winning too much? Yes.), manly cause it is due to all the unwanted bandwagoning, but at least fights were unaffected, so there was something interesting/fun to do anyway. Not anymore.

This is ridicolous.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Goodbye DVG, you may not have been the best open field fighters or run a very disciplined TS but you have contributed more to Deso’s PPT than most of the WvW guilds put together, and you have done so nonstop since your creation with commanders taking turns to ensure there is always someone to follow.

So thanks for that, and goodbye to the many friends I have in there even if I do laugh everytime I hear about you wiping to much less numbers haha! Goodluck on Piken and I’m sure I’ll be seeing you ingame soon, let me know how a pain train looks from the other side :p

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in Match-ups

Dahir.4158

Goodbye DVG, you may not have been the best open field fighters or run a very disciplined TS but you have contributed more to Deso’s PPT than most of the WvW guilds put together, and you have done so nonstop since your creation with commanders taking turns to ensure there is always someone to follow.

So thanks for that, and goodbye to the many friends I have in there even if I do laugh everytime I hear about you wiping to much less numbers haha! Goodluck on Piken and I’m sure I’ll be seeing you ingame soon, let me know how a pain train looks from the other side :p

Just lol.

Broski

in Match-ups

Posted by: steokehoe.9607

steokehoe.9607

Well I suppose we can only see how long it takes for Desolation to realise what DVG were doing for the server. Running a pain train once a week doesn’t win match ups funnily enough. Oh well.

80 Mesmer – Multiplicamini, 80 Warrior – DĂșnedain (80 thief and ele)

[HL] Hellbound Legion – Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Funniest thing is, SFR is now basically impossible to play against, +150 to all stats on all their players… as if the massive bandwagoning going on wasn’t enough XDXD

What annoys me the most is Devon will come and say “we couldn’t possibly have predicted this would happen” or something to this effect.

Actually I expect Devon to tell “This is working as intended. The side with more dedicated players deserves to have everything. It is your server’s fault that it doesn’t have the BL bloodlust stack”.

I will be amazed if they would quickly revert the changes. I am expecting them to add just more power creep.

But any case thanks for everybody for the great moments in WvWvW: My enemies, my fellow warriors. I wish you luck!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

i didnt have the opportunity to log in after the patch. is wvw unofficially dead?

in Match-ups

Atoss.1056

Wonder when we see 1st zerg with full and perma buffed Iron Hide, seems rly bugged and stays until you die and -50% dmg looks imba. Also vulnerability to gates while there is so much facerub going on will make gates go down even faster. Maybe time to finally reduce/remove player dmg to gates anet?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Weli.4568

Weli.4568

Thanks for the [VII] Vii for the fun fights on SFR bl even tho it was laggy as hell. Had some rallybots with us so could have been better fights.

Scatter the Weak [WK], Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]
Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

/end rant

Really? Well I was one of these ‘evil’ pugs before DVG was created along with many of others. We now understand WvW and we have improve dramatically as a guild and individuals. We’ve fought alongside many EXG members and I remember following Rox and studying him when i wanted to get my own commander tag. Thanks for the kind words anyway. EXG was my favourite guild on deso, shame you don’t feel the same.

I must admit though, your post is just a complete load of kittene. Anyway yeah, we’re really kitten DVG. We just managed to hold all 3 keeps on SFR borderland for a couple of hours on reset. And we managed to flip the tier 3 bay on Deso (twice) and the same on SFR hills. But yeah, we’re really kitten don’t worry.

You still fail to realise that skill isn’t connected to numbers. All DVG ever did was lead their massive paintrains and blobs on a borderland with stupid music bots the teamspeak. And to think you aren’t a pug anymore is ridiculous, 99% of DVG are just pugs with the same three letters after their name. If you think deso didn’t care about the tick, wait until you get acquainted with piken, i’m sure they will love the skill of arrow carts and blobbing you will bring to the server
You started the guild by saying you were going to train the pugs of deso, but did nothing but please them with plenty of golem rushes and pvdoor. Honestly, that mock guild called “Doors vs guild” is probably the most accurate title for you guys.
Then to make things worse, after you teach everybody new to wvw that the only way to win is to pvd, you discourage those who would disagree with you and rather take a skillful approach to it. You tell other commanders to tag down so they dont take anybody from you 60 man blob, and those that disagree with golem rushing are just being negative and don’t “play for the server”.
It really is funny how a bunch of fair weather fools like yourself have the nerve to claim others don’t play for the server, then when you realize you’re the only person who gave a rats kitten you leave the server.
Deso will be much better off without you, take the pugs who think pvdooring is good with you and leave the ones with an ounce of skill here. I can’t wait for the day deso is matched with piken so I can see for myself the true ferocity of the “commander on training wheels”.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

(edited by warriorjrd.8695)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Wasn’t it INVI who tried to do the same? You got like full zone guild blob in eb.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Match-ups

LJMaster.6214

Hahahaha. The only solo guild we have ever wiped to on a raid is ZBs, yes we have more numbers than CON, Second Law when we beat them. I think people get confused when we are having a guild raid and community commanding. I die like once each reset night for the past 2 months, yes it’s because we often have more numbers. But what you say is complete bullkitten, ZBs maybe, but I don’t think anyone else.

Do not compare a community DVG commander with 20 DVG following with a DVG raid, we are usually singing or joking around.

(edited by LJMaster.6214)