SoR/Blackgate/Mag 11/08/2013 Gold week 4

in Match-ups

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

I think you could just as easily find what you’re looking for on BG but the difference would be that you’d have the support of a server with 24/7 presence at your back as well.

I know from personal experience that finding an outnumbered fight against SoR or JQ is never difficult and they’ve got people on at all hours.

This is one of the funniest posts in the thread.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hydrobutter.9172

Hydrobutter.9172

IDK who that elementalist it was who attacked me in front of WK in BGbl, but sorry that whole thing happened. Didn’t want to attack you

what happened to that ele? got zerged out of nowhere?

Yeah just got slammed. I was jumping around being dumb and they attacked me right as my group just crested the hill wondering what the heck I was doing. I just wanted to play my horn for him lol

Radio
Co-Guildleader: Wobbly Cat Squad [WCS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Just gonna let you read that again and see if it sinks in… The confirmation of server side skill lag is the following speed boost all attacks get once the cause of the lag has been removed. When me and everybody beside me can staff auto on an ele 5 times a second it validates my claims.

I am sorry you had to experience all this new and weird things in T1. Yeah. Old thing to me. I used to have the same problem when I was downloading stuff and playing gw2. Really, upgrade your rig helps too. You and everybody beside you (if you’d personally confirmed with them) need to do something about your specs and connection.

If the specs of my rig let me fire 5 fireballs a second, I’m keeping my specs as is. You still don’t get what you’re replying to.

in Match-ups

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Just gonna let you read that again and see if it sinks in… The confirmation of server side skill lag is the following speed boost all attacks get once the cause of the lag has been removed. When me and everybody beside me can staff auto on an ele 5 times a second it validates my claims.

I am sorry you had to experience all this new and weird things in T1. Yeah. Old thing to me. I used to have the same problem when I was downloading stuff and playing gw2. Really, upgrade your rig helps too. You and everybody beside you (if you’d personally confirmed with them) need to do something about your specs and connection.

Be aware there is a bug that seems to be related to this lag. I have noticed this on many occasions now and seen players commenting on it. Basically you cannot cast any skills. But others can. I had this happen recently during a defence over hills. During the fight I put it down to skill lag. However, after the fight I was still not able to use any skills and my guildies where running around with me using all their skills like nothing was wrong. I relogged and all my skills worked again. I probably went through that entire fight without skills whilst other players were able to. The bug is pretty gamebreaking and its hard to identify having it or if you are just experiencing skill lag.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiff.8157

Kiff.8157

If the specs of my rig let me fire 5 fireballs a second, I’m keeping my specs as is. You still don’t get what you’re replying to.

This is nothing new, mate. It happened a lot to me before.

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

Be aware there is a bug that seems to be related to this lag. I have noticed this on many occasions now and seen players commenting on it. Basically you cannot cast any skills. But others can. I had this happen recently during a defence over hills. During the fight I put it down to skill lag. However, after the fight I was still not able to use any skills and my guildies where running around with me using all their skills like nothing was wrong. I relogged and all my skills worked again. I probably went through that entire fight without skills whilst other players were able to. The bug is pretty gamebreaking and its hard to identify having it or if you are just experiencing skill lag.

Yes. That happened but I’m not sure if it was a bug. Sometimes the game just lost connection but others on ts were just fine.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

Thanks to PLX for the GvG!

GM – [Ark]ham

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Mag must be mad from getting zerged. They are zerging so much in sor bl atm. I can’t find a single solo roamer lol. They adapt so quickly.

Yeah we 10 manned quite a bit yesterday. Was surprised. Did mel contact you to duel me yet

Hey! yep he just talked to me about it. You weren’t on unfortunately but let’s have the fun duels tomorrow if you can after 3:00 pm est time? let me know when it is most convenient.

I work at 5:00 PM EST and get home around 10:30 EST. I could possibly hop on a 3:00 and play for an hour.

Bad Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

Nothing much I can say except get a better rig. I had 0 skill lag for the past two weeks in the matchup with SOR.

Face rolling 1-3 on siege doesn’t likely register much skill lag. For those of us that like precision use of skills, there is skill lag when the big blobs hit.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kanderous.7512

kanderous.7512

Mag does care about PPT – until it’s time for gold league qualifiers

we’ll be here with yall ~every season~

Maybe u should move to SoR. They claim they dont play for PPT neither but they at least can put numbers in open field fight.

Because “putting numbers” is fun. If Mag wanted, we could assemble quite possibly the scariest megablob of guild groups you’ve ever seen… it’s just boring.

Excuses….
Megablob vs Megablob (or zerg vs zerg) are usually the most epic fights.

A meta decided by the profession with the best 1 spam and dodgerolling aka guardians with staff.

Sizes where you can use utilities are my pref.

Spam 1? I have all my 10 skills used depends on the situation, commander’s position, even dodge have to dodge wisely. You don’t understand why are we doing this. It’s okay, You train yourself to be a hero-like player but some of us love to play as a team and community and that’s why we’re in T1 again. This game is not about you or the solo player. We paid for the game, we have the right to choose what mode to play and it is not in your concern that whether we spam 1 or not.

You’re lying to yourself if you think there isn’t debilitating skill lag in megazorg vs megazorg. We did SoR vs BG vs Mag in SoR’s garrison this weekend, and we had to sit tight until one of you wiped before we could move just so we could use buttons again. That’s not fun. Generally once BG was dead the game could resume.

The teamplay curve levels off at some point when you have 40+ people with a mark over one guy’s head and you’re effectively just playing simon says with empowers, blasts, and stab.

The teamplay exists just as much or moreso all the way down to 2v2. The only reason someone would prefer huge blobs is the safety of group blame sharing. I encourage you to try lower numbers, where when you lose, your list of reasons has your own name at the top.

Nothing much I can say except get a better rig. I had 0 skill lag for the past two weeks in the matchup with SOR.

It takes 220 people to generate skill lag.

80 people per server in one BL.

Do the math.

“I was literally double fisting water and soymilk into my mouth” ~ Tytos Hill

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Where’d you get that stat from?

‘cuz I’m pretty sure it ain’t that simple.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

robocafaz.9017

Whoever that upleveled ram was that we just killed, I’m so sorry.

We told them not to touch you but some of these Maguumies are actually horrible people.

Deany Kong – #magswag

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Thx for the GvG PLX – http://youtu.be/T1DYQcfHf-I

We saw that most of you had +10 crit dmg food and still got caught off guard that first round by the amount of DPS. Never had to deal with that before and the few of us that were left were defiantly kittenting ourselves after that first push, GG.

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Props PLX – you guys are great – Was lots of fun! ♥

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Where’d you get that stat from?

‘cuz I’m pretty sure it ain’t that simple.

He knows a guy who is friends with a guy who is married to woman who was once in love with the mail man who has a kid that mowed the lawn a wet nurse that once saved the life of a puppy who later on pooped on an anet employee’s shoes.

[DONE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Mag does care about PPT – until it’s time for gold league qualifiers

we’ll be here with yall ~every season~

Maybe u should move to SoR. They claim they dont play for PPT neither but they at least can put numbers in open field fight.

Because “putting numbers” is fun. If Mag wanted, we could assemble quite possibly the scariest megablob of guild groups you’ve ever seen… it’s just boring.

Excuses….
Megablob vs Megablob (or zerg vs zerg) are usually the most epic fights.

A meta decided by the profession with the best 1 spam and dodgerolling aka guardians with staff.

Sizes where you can use utilities are my pref.

Spam 1? I have all my 10 skills used depends on the situation, commander’s position, even dodge have to dodge wisely. You don’t understand why are we doing this. It’s okay, You train yourself to be a hero-like player but some of us love to play as a team and community and that’s why we’re in T1 again. This game is not about you or the solo player. We paid for the game, we have the right to choose what mode to play and it is not in your concern that whether we spam 1 or not.

You’re lying to yourself if you think there isn’t debilitating skill lag in megazorg vs megazorg. We did SoR vs BG vs Mag in SoR’s garrison this weekend, and we had to sit tight until one of you wiped before we could move just so we could use buttons again. That’s not fun. Generally once BG was dead the game could resume.

The teamplay curve levels off at some point when you have 40+ people with a mark over one guy’s head and you’re effectively just playing simon says with empowers, blasts, and stab.

The teamplay exists just as much or moreso all the way down to 2v2. The only reason someone would prefer huge blobs is the safety of group blame sharing. I encourage you to try lower numbers, where when you lose, your list of reasons has your own name at the top.

80 people per server in one BL.

Do the math.

Even if you have 5 people on a bl there is server lag, its the nature of latency – may be small but there is latency. More server strain = more lag, which means more people using skills means more lag. Sure you have enough lag to make you want to throw your keyboard out the window when there is 220, but to say that lag only happens at that point is just wrong.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

Posted by: narcissus.6418

narcissus.6418

I heard Mag likes to solo roam.

I know whenever i’m having a hard day I take a break, especially when losing to pugs in EB. I would suggest a hearty breakfast tomorrow with some wheaties and coming back at it tomorrow. It’s ok if you lose a couple then as well as not everyone can be on the level of Mag when roaming. Best of luck

in Match-ups

robocafaz.9017

Deany Kong – #magswag

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

omg, some famous pvf warrior is mad. What is that supposed to mean?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

Yes. That happened but I’m not sure if it was a bug. Sometimes the game just lost connection but others on ts were just fine.

You can fix that bug by picking up or using supply no need to relog, not sure what it is but its like the system cannot identify what weapon set you are using and therefor does nothing, even switching weapons will not fix it

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Only 16 Pages and still 3 days to go. Chop chop! Hurry up mates.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

These t1 roamers are tough man… real tough…

(edited by Tricare.2946)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

It just so happens that only one of the items in the list above has nothing to do with personal skill and is entirely outside of any one persons control. It is the least personal form of winning in the game.

WvW is more about working together as a server. I didn’t always see it that way but I’ve really had a change of heart over time. Now if I’m leading our group in WvW I’ll try to steer it towards making ourselves helpful to whatever the rest of our server is trying to achieve on the map.

Did your change of heart come while playing on one of the only three servers that have a reason to play for PPT? In other games I would agree with you, but not in GW2, the system is too broken. There is not enough off-hour population to support enough balanced servers for the much larger NA population. If everyone lumped up to make balanced servers based on the availability of off-hour population, all of the NA folks would spend most of their time in the upcoming overflow map.

When close match-ups become the norm rather than a once in a blue moon event, I might have a change of heart, until then WvW is all about roaming open world fighting.

This. I’ve found that no matter how hard a group may play for any given week, I would estimate that 95%+ of Mag match outcomes are predetermined by sheer coverage difference between servers we face, with individual player and group skill having relatively little impact on outcome.

As long as coverage matters dramatically more than skill for PPT, I have no real motivation to participate “how Anet intended” chasing PPT, bashing on doors for PvD or sitting on siege for hours.

I think maybe your (Isreal) BG perspective is different, since you normally (almost always) have a good outcome in terms of your server’s ability to gain PPT. However, come to Mag for a bit and see how different it is when you consistently outplay groups twice your size in primetime only to watch a huge point deficit drag your server down on off-hours because some clueless bearbow PvDers beat down doors with no defenders while you sleep, or dramatically defend a keep with inferior numbers and/or outnumbered and watch the rest of the BL turn the color of your opponent by spare opponents breaking down doors around the BL.

Then wake up the next day and find every keep and tower held by then opponents in every BL upgraded with full siege and manned by overnight/early morning scouts. PPT just means nothing to us Mag at this point.

Sometimes its just depressing that, for a game with such a large NA audience, most of the matches are pre-determined by the dramatically fewer oceanic players who play on these servers. In that sense, any 1 oceanic player on a server is probably worth close to 10 NA players in terms of their value for protecting PPT. There’s only so many oceanic players and naturally (like most people), they’ve bandwagoned onto servers with already-winning records for an easier time achieving personal rewards.

Oceanic is not the window that wins matchups its full 24/7 coverage, sure a decent oceanic force can be offensive and take a few towers and keeps but the 20 -24 ppt ticks between NA and SEA are not what will win a match, its those NA that stay up late and flip their opponents t3 stuff that wins it, its the SEA which get on early upgrade the keeps and hand off to EU who defend it and hand off to NA who can now attack more

Yes Oceanic is a small population base (sub 30million people in Au an NZ) and a few oceanic’s on a server can help hold ppt but there is no shortage of SEA guilds or EU guilds

If you didnt know the oceanic servers for gw2 were SoS, IoJ and CD. and there is still quite a large number of oceanics on those servers, but the oceanics you see off those servers are due to them not looking to join a stacked server or they were recruited to help cover coverage gaps.

Resonance and NOC joined BG over 12 months ago, there was 0 oceanic players on the server, since then BG has become one of the stronger oceanic wvw communities out there, not because we were winning but because players will look for places they can have fun with other oceanic players, its no fun to join a server where you are the only person in the timezone, all it takes is a few people to join and the rest will follow

too many people join servers for the short term gains, join a server and watch it grow rather than jump from server to server, there is the population to have 6 or more competitive servers all with 24/7 coverage but it will involve having people be honest and not stacking timezones and Anet to stop screwing over those who are trying to achieve it with bs announcements like, end of free transfers or leagues

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilliquorz.1360

Evilliquorz.1360

LOL.

Im so much funs about this forums warrior

[MGR] Ma Gu Ri : Homeless

(edited by Evilliquorz.1360)

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

thanks for the fights last night during SEA BG and only a few Mags : (( hope to see more of you guys the rest of the week.

had quite a bit of fun on kitten which map was i on… the bottom left BL. lol. “spawn camped” and a bunch of us kept running in and out, getting some decent fights. and BG has too many omegas! they were able to spare two for the fun as well. ; ))

got owned a LOT. and i’d like to think i took down just as many bodies myself. heh. still tweaking the playstyle on this build. lotta fun though thanks for coming out, BG! will be looking for some Mag players for some fun nowD

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

after 16 pages … These roaming trolls are getting old but i don’t think our mag can offer anything else …

Even spawn camping, we choose to go to SoR’s instead lol more fight over there.

Where are Scootshot and KeeZee. we need something new here ….

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

i was hoping Mag will blow BG and SoR out of the water here in PvF but up to now theres nothing but builds and armor stats PVT being cheese pve, roaming you got more you tower hump being thrown around which is weak kind of troll. oh i miss the SoRs.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: SonofNoob.3102

SonofNoob.3102

anet banned a ton of forum accounts over the course of the past few weeks.

#freepot

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

IRON getting banned from posting also was a huge hit to the PvF.
I mean that took out like 83.275% of the trolls

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

When do the mags roam? Been in NA. Been OCX and SEA, nothing worth note.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in Match-ups

akamon.2769

^^them fighting words!!

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

I guess it’s right. High expectations lead to disappointment. Last week was spicy but it tasted good. Despite much criticisms and troll attempts, SOR rebuilt and show up with great faith to smash BG to ground.
This week trolls practically fail. Same old stuff of T1 but seemed incomprehensible and unacceptable to some group.
It again bewildered me that mag roamers who claimed themselves as adept so proudly posted screenies announcing to the world that you were downed by 5 pve pug who dealt 300 damage per second with their pvt gear.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

You can fix that bug by picking up or using supply no need to relog, not sure what it is but its like the system cannot identify what weapon set you are using and therefor does nothing, even switching weapons will not fix it

Ive noticed this bug the most when trying to pick up ele weapons. If you cancel out of the pick up animation it seems to bug you from using any skills that are not instant cast (this includes heals and elites) Also, trying to pick up a different ele weapon doesn’t work, as it would not even allow me to pick it up. I will have to try the supply thing next time it happens though. The only way I knew how to fix it before was to get killed -.-

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: HeNnAz.8913

HeNnAz.8913

SoR please come back, I miss you!
It all started when I was strolling through south camp in SoRBL. I came to a stop seeing it was ours so I proceeded to go to SE camp, that too was ours. So I went to NE camp… which was ours. I went to all of the camps… only 2 were yours. I saw 3 Mag roamers and 1 SoR AFK’er… guise srsly I’m lonely.

It’s ya boy fred.
I’ll suck volcanus for stability.

in Match-ups

akamon.2769

lol @ HaNkitten felt the opposite! errwhere i went, i was greeted by friendly folk! >:DDD

@Bash – if u ever get that bug again and need to be killed, you know where to find me. ; )) muahahaha.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: VBK.6325

VBK.6325

Fight Club @ Mag BL by the windmill!

Apoth Ranger / Zerk Guardian / Rabid Engy / Rabid Mesmer
Hired Assassins [HIRE]/Golden Company XIII [GC] – Sanctum of Rall (ex-SBI)

in Match-ups

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

Mag blob zerg busting roamers~

http://imgur.com/a/qcFUo

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

Even the trolling which started on the 11/1: SoR/BG/SoS again for some weird reason like 2 hours ago is better than this. Let’s go have fun over here.

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

#freepot

#freeascii

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

#freepot

#freeascii

no, he skill clicks.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Poliswag.8240

Poliswag.8240

Mag blob zerg busting roamers~

http://imgur.com/a/qcFUo

How does a group of 5+ “zerg bust” singles and doubles of roamers, anyhow?

At least you admit to blobbing, I won’t have to resort to pulling out my own screenies ^^

[IX][oPP] Poliswag – Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Ive noticed this bug the most when trying to pick up ele weapons. If you cancel out of the pick up animation it seems to bug you from using any skills that are not instant cast (this includes heals and elites) Also, trying to pick up a different ele weapon doesn’t work, as it would not even allow me to pick it up. I will have to try the supply thing next time it happens though. The only way I knew how to fix it before was to get killed -.-

You can talk to an NPC, or pick up supply as well.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

#freepot

#freeascii

WHAT?? Is Ascii gone forever too??

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

Had some great fights last night!

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Holm.7058

Holm.7058

Gear treadmill is not good in pve perspective either. There’s a reason why GW1 didn’t need a gear treadmill to keep players interested. It was because back then guild wars was about good lore and hard pve end-game (and of course, actual Guild Wars) . In GW2 the lore is tedious and challenging pve non-existent and invoking a gear treadmill after a promise to carry on GW1 legacy of no gear treadmill just shows how big a failure pve content was in GW2.

So in pve also, gear treadmill is a sign of lack of content to keep players interested.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Mag must be mad from getting zerged. They are zerging so much in sor bl atm. I can’t find a single solo roamer lol. They adapt so quickly.

Yeah we 10 manned quite a bit yesterday. Was surprised. Did mel contact you to duel me yet

Hey! yep he just talked to me about it. You weren’t on unfortunately but let’s have the fun duels tomorrow if you can after 3:00 pm est time? let me know when it is most convenient.

I work at 5:00 PM EST and get home around 10:30 EST. I could possibly hop on a 3:00 and play for an hour.

Great, I should be home playing around that time. Whisper me when you log in.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dabachelor.1736

Dabachelor.1736

#freepot

#freeascii

#freeascii

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

Gear treadmill is not good in pve perspective either. There’s a reason why GW1 didn’t need a gear treadmill to keep players interested. It was because back then guild wars was about good lore and hard pve end-game (and of course, actual Guild Wars) . In GW2 the lore is tedious and challenging pve non-existent and invoking a gear treadmill after a promise to carry on GW1 legacy of no gear treadmill just shows how big a failure pve content was in GW2.

So in pve also, gear treadmill is a sign of lack of content to keep players interested.

I think it is fair to say a lack of challenge is design choice for GW2. In a blind effort to cater to the casual player the entire game, both PvE and WvW, has been watered down significantly.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Almost had a good fight against SoR in SoRBL just before the new build

We were both circling each other lol

Also, to the SoR guardian I fought 2v1 outside of NW Guardian, god kitten you’re tanky. Good fight! Too bad it turned into a 5v2

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

(edited by Reverence.6915)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeydra.4386

Jeydra.4386

Feel so bad flipping the entire EBG to blue, we could only take all those T3 keeps and towers because the patch meant there were few SoR / Maguuma players on the map