SoR/Blackgate/Mag 11/08/2013 Gold week 4

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

ZD excuse is so 2 weeks ago. cant we have a decent troll to start something?

Mag please start something or anything…

Arguing with BG is like talking to someone that agrees with you but sees nothing wrong. 10v10 becomes 10v20 when they lose and 20v10 becomes 10v10 when they are winning.

Bad Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

You decide to log off early yourselves leaving your stuff undefended and then you were surprised BG took it back?

I’m not surprised, since that is all BG do these days.

And you say BG weren’t coming out to fight? So you were PvDoor’ing then? You expect yourself to PvD but when someone else does it, they are the worst of the worst WvW players, amirite?

Yes we were pretty much PvD’ing last night in BG BL and Mag BL. We erroneously made orange crosses on BG garrison on the outer gate and thought we would be punished, but no one came to defend it. Then we proceeded to take everything pretty much undefended, and that’s exactly why we decided to log early, because it got boring. Is that concept really that hard to grasp for you? o.O

I hate PvDoor’ing and if that is all we get to do I’d transfer off.

in Match-ups

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

You decide to log off early yourselves leaving your stuff undefended and then you were surprised BG took it back?

I’m not surprised, since that is all BG do these days.

And you say BG weren’t coming out to fight? So you were PvDoor’ing then? You expect yourself to PvD but when someone else does it, they are the worst of the worst WvW players, amirite?

Yes we were pretty much PvD’ing last night in BG BL and Mag BL. We erroneously made orange crosses on BG garrison on the outer gate and thought we would be punished, but no one came to defend it. Then we proceeded to take everything pretty much undefended, and that’s exactly why we decided to log early, because it got boring. Is that concept really that hard to grasp for you? o.O

I hate PvDoor’ing and if that is all we get to do I’d transfer off.

Why did you even start then? You saw that no one came to defend the Garrison and yet you continued to PvDoor until you had the entire map under control (according to you) and only then you logged off. Basically, you only logged off early because you took most of the stuff and there wasn’t anything left to do,

It’s like saying “I hate Ice-cream and would never eat it” after emptying the whole store lol.

And if you weren’t surprised by BG taking back the undefended stuff why QQ about it then?

Did you expect BG to be like
“Oh man, they left early. Let’s leave their undefended keeps alone in the same way they did ours when we weren’t here earlier…oh wait….”

BG LA Best LA !!!

(edited by DKNS.2135)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

Why did you even start then? You saw that no one came to defend the Garrison and yet you continued to PvDoor until you had the entire map under control (according to you) and only then you logged off. Basically, you only logged off early because you took most of the stuff and there wasn’t anything left to do,

How are we supposed to know if there’s no one defending before we start? :/

It’s like saying “I hate Ice-cream and would never eat it” after emptying the whole store lol.

We were expecting fights, in a timezone where BG clearly has enough guilds to offer battles across all maps (LP, ND, MERC, sometimes KnT, ZDs, and other guilds I may have forgotten to mention). I have no idea why they didn’t show up yesterday. As for the analogy, it’s more like, I wanted to eat ice-cream but the store wasn’t offering yesterday (and only yesterday) so we flipped the store searching. I do hope we can get some ice-cream today.

And if you weren’t surprised by BG taking back the undefended stuff why QQ about it then?

I meant no QQ, just stating the obvious observation…

Ahh I see now. So SoR isn’t winning because all they get to do is PvDoor… Thanks for clarifying that.

PvD for 30 mins vs. PvD for ~4 hours between SEA and EU. Congratulations, BG wins this round.

in Match-ups

DKNS.2135

How are we supposed to know if there’s no one defending before we start? :/

We were expecting fights, in a timezone where BG clearly has enough guilds to offer battles across all maps (LP, ND, MERC, sometimes KnT, ZDs, and other guilds I may have forgotten to mention). I have no idea why they didn’t show up yesterday. As for the analogy, it’s more like, I wanted to eat ice-cream but the store wasn’t offering yesterday (and only yesterday) so we flipped the store searching. I do hope we can get some ice-cream today.

I meant no QQ, just stating the obvious observation…

Ahh I see now. So SoR isn’t winning because all they get to do is PvDoor… Thanks for clarifying that.

PvD for 30 mins vs. PvD for ~4 hours between SEA and EU. Congratulations, BG wins this round.

Again, if you were only searching for fights/ice-cream you would have left the towers alone. Yet, you took each of them by PvDoor’ing them i.e. took all the ice-cream even though you claim you were looking for fights.

Even if we have coverage in that time-zone, people have IRL because of which they may not come. Anyone would obviously have figured that out when no one came to contest after taking so many towers especially a kitten Garrison. But again you continued claiming to be looking for fights while still going and PvDoor’ing everything.

And to anyone wondering, seeing this, yes i am bored right now

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

All in all… even tho we beat SoR pretty convincingly, having a server like SoR fall like this (mentally) is NOT good for T1 matches. Nobody wants that….not BG..not JQ. We want good matches not bad ones.

Server X recruits more population, then complains that the matches are not as good as they were. Go figure, this has never happened before.

in Match-ups

DKNS.2135

All in all… even tho we beat SoR pretty convincingly, having a server like SoR fall like this (mentally) is NOT good for T1 matches. Nobody wants that….not BG..not JQ. We want good matches not bad ones.

Server X recruits more population, then complains that the matches are not as good as they were. Go figure, this has never happened before.

Or alternatively, Server Y can’t handle a bit of competition and stop showing up after they lose one week.

Ahh okay so Blackgate only PvDoors between SEA and EU. Well what about the 400+ PPT during the rest of the time zones? That most certainly has to be another case of PvDooring!

Blackgate, the 23.5/7 PvDoor server

The 23.5/7 was brilliant

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cod on Cod.3694

Cod on Cod.3694

after 16 pages … These roaming trolls are getting old but i don’t think our mag can offer anything else …

Even spawn camping, we choose to go to SoR’s instead lol more fight over there.

Where are Scootshot and KeeZee. we need something new here ….

13/14 SoR trolls have been killed by BG now.

A fine blend of everything, aged well.

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

Or alternatively, Server Y can’t handle a bit of competition and stop showing up after they lose one week.

Except Server X said the previous match-ups were good. So did Server Y not like competition then too?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

This ^

Hope they get back on their feet and atleast put a good fight with JQ.

SoR isn’t falling (even mentally), just that when you know your stuffs will be capped whenever you log (in my case, ZDs right after SEA), it is hardly worth the effort of upgrading/sieging simply because we don’t have enough people to fight against them.

Look at yesterday: our SEA took the entire BG BL and Maguuma BL, and BG SEA weren’t coming out to fight. So we decided to log off a little bit early, then boom – BG takes all without resistance.

While having a time zone when you are weak and losing stuff is disheartening, it is not the first time that SoR has experienced this kind of problem before. You guys had a similar weak coverage problem during T2 days and also weaker coverage during the early T1 days with BG-SoR-JQ. However never once during those times were you guys such an easy walk-over before, in all 9 weeks in T2, despite having a weaker coverage in more time zones than now, you never loss more than 100k even once and actually put up several close fights.

So for us it definitely seems something changed in your mentality. You guys were able to compete in some of the current weak time zones before, for example like late NA early oceanic, BG has not got any new guilds in this time zone, and yet you guys don’t even put up a fight now while previously you guys were able to compete whenever you try.

So I guess when we talk about falling apart (mentality), we mean you guys do not have the same tenacity as before and give up much easily. Yeah ZDs is able to tip the balance towards BG during the brief window between SEA and EU (previously SoR actually had the advantage in this time zone). But it is only one guild and it is only 2 hours, really no reason just for whole server giving up trying all together.

Blackgate Engineer

(edited by Reslinal.2359)

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

But it is only one guild and it is only 2 hours, really no reason just for whole server giving up trying all together.

The impact of losing all upgrades every day while you have no one to defend is pretty significant.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

But it is only one guild and it is only 2 hours, really no reason just for whole server giving up trying all together.

The impact of losing all upgrades every day while you have no one to defend is pretty significant.

Losing all your T3 keeps keeps you reeling for many hours afterwards. It’s not the PPT loss during the time period so much as it is the amount of work that needs to be done to get to a point where you can push again past your corners.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

This ^

SoR isn’t falling (even mentally), just that when you know your stuffs will be capped whenever you log (in my case, ZDs right after SEA), it is hardly worth the effort of upgrading/sieging simply because we don’t have enough people to fight against them.

Look at yesterday: our SEA took the entire BG BL and Maguuma BL, and BG SEA weren’t coming out to fight. So we decided to log off a little bit early, then boom – BG takes all without resistance.

While having a time zone when you are weak and losing stuff is disheartening, it is not the first time that SoR has experienced this kind of problem before. You guys had a similar weak coverage problem during T2 days and also weaker coverage during the early T1 days with BG-SoR-JQ. However never once during those times were you guys such an easy walk-over before, in all 9 weeks in T2, despite having a weaker coverage in more time zones than now, you never loss more than 100k even once and actually put up several closer fights.

So for us it definitely seems something changed in your mentality. You guys were able to compete in some of the current weak time zones before, for example like late NA early oceanic, BG has not got any new guilds in this time zone, and yet you guys don’t even put up a fight now while previously you guys were able to compete whenever you try.

So I guess when we talk about falling apart (mentality), we mean you guys do not have the same tenacity as before and give up much easily. Yeah ZDs is able to tip the balance towards BG during the brief window between SEA and EU (previously SoR actually had the advantage in this time zone). But it is only one guild and it is only 2 hours, really no reason just for whole server giving up trying all together.

The issue is not that SoR has given up or they have stopped playing. The issue is the leagues themselves and what they have caused. Yes BG did get a guild or so. That has hurt SoR, but because of leagues, people are bandwaggoning to the winning servers. You can pretty much see that throughout the Gold Silver and Bronze. Almost all the matches are blow outs. This is not BG fault. There are a lot of players on BG that are upset with what is happening. There are many that want close matches but unfortunetly that is not going to happen with the system that is currently in place.
Until Anets finds a way to somewhat balance out WvW population, WvW will eventually die a slow death.

in Match-ups

Reslinal.2359

It’s not like they don’t have the people to hold stuff in this time zone at all. They used to actually winning this brief time zone with IRON and stay-up late SEA. The coming of ZDs only really just tip the scale towards BG, not completely dominates like right now. The problem is ever since SoR lose week 2 to a dramatic come back, they are completely demoralized and people just stop trying to put in effort to cover this brief time zone. And now it becomes a vicious cycle, no one tries so you lose everything, which discourage more people from trying….

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

Reslinal.2359

This ^

While having a time zone when you are weak and losing stuff is disheartening, it is not the first time that SoR has experienced this kind of problem before. You guys had a similar weak coverage problem during T2 days and also weaker coverage during the early T1 days with BG-SoR-JQ. However never once during those times were you guys such an easy walk-over before, in all 9 weeks in T2, despite having a weaker coverage in more time zones than now, you never loss more than 100k even once and actually put up several closer fights.

The issue is not that SoR has given up or they have stopped playing. The issue is the leagues themselves and what they have caused. Yes BG did get a guild or so. That has hurt SoR, but because of leagues, people are bandwaggoning to the winning servers. You can pretty much see that throughout the Gold Silver and Bronze. Almost all the matches are blow outs. This is not BG fault. There are a lot of players on BG that are upset with what is happening. There are many that want close matches but unfortunetly that is not going to happen with the system that is currently in place.
Until Anets finds a way to somewhat balance out WvW population, WvW will eventually die a slow death.

I think it is less about people bandwaggon to the winning server, but more like BG has high morale right now, so a lot of our pve players and fairweathers are coming out to play. On the other hand, SoR is completely demoralized, so their fairweathers players and serious guilds stop showing up or fight longer. This cause the population imbalance between two servers seems to be much bigger than it actually is.

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Well, all 3 borderlands had no queue tonight during OCE time. Guess living world story pulled our PvE players out of WvW :P

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

after 16 pages … These roaming trolls are getting old but i don’t think our mag can offer anything else …

Even spawn camping, we choose to go to SoR’s instead lol more fight over there.

Where are Scootshot and KeeZee. we need something new here ….

13/14 SoR trolls have been killed by BG now.

Hi Cod!

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

I think Mag has a lot of roamers because that’s where all the socially challenged end up.

Just copy this thread and change the title to show the upcoming weeks for Mag/Sor, Mag/BG.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Well, all 3 borderlands had no queue tonight during OCE time. Guess living world story pulled our PvE players out of WvW :P

It was like this during west coast NA last night. We actually were able to float! Brought a tear to my eye.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

punts Shifty

:D

snuggles everyone

Stack snuggggles!

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

do snuggles stack in duration, intensity or both?

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

I challenge any BG to come bg bl garri and fight me, yes im d/p but terrible at it ive already cleared your AC’s and some of the cannons/mortars now im bored but ive already farmed 4 of you. 1v1 not a group vs 1

The rebirth begins

(edited by Shifty.4985)

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

punts Shifty

snuggles everyone

Stack snuggggles!

:o how rude!

wait till we meet in a few weeks, srs punting will happen!

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

punts Shifty

snuggles everyone

Stack snuggggles!

You’ll be getting fiercely snuggled that is for sure :P

Moa battles too I assume will occur? :P

(night shifty, going to bread now)

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

punts Shifty

snuggles everyone

Stack snuggggles!

You’ll be getting fiercely snuggled that is for sure :P

Moa battles too I assume will occur? :P

(night shifty, going to bread now)

Yes defo moa battle

nn, dont let the bed bugs snuggle you too fiercely :P

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

ZD excuse is so 2 weeks ago. cant we have a decent troll to start something?

Mag please start something or anything…

Arguing with BG is like talking to someone that agrees with you but sees nothing wrong. 10v10 becomes 10v20 when they lose and 20v10 becomes 10v10 when they are winning.

There is so much truth to this observation.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

It’s not like they don’t have the people to hold stuff in this time zone at all. They used to actually winning this brief time zone with IRON and stay-up late SEA. The coming of ZDs only really just tip the scale towards BG, not completely dominates like right now. The problem is ever since SoR lose week 2 to a dramatic come back, they are completely demoralized and people just stop trying to put in effort to cover this brief time zone. And now it becomes a vicious cycle, no one tries so you lose everything, which discourage more people from trying….

Bottom line is you got bigger to ‘tip the scales’. You are now suggesting your competition just work harder because you want good match-ups. So you want a good match as long as the scales are tipped in your favor, because if they were tipped in someone else’s favor you could have just worked harder right?

Maybe instead of playing in a decided match they are spending all their time recruiting and raising money for a warchest, it is the GW2 way.

in Match-ups

Shifty.4985

Awee that stealth trap :’( was funny watching like 3 BG body guard the workers hahaha
I enjoyed it too bad you had to group up and hunt me down

The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

SoR typically goes outmanned and loses commanders on 2 of 4 maps (sometimes more) around 8pm PST (9pm PST at the latest). This isn’t something new, it’s been happening for a long time now. There was a time when there was more resistance during PST, but that was an anomaly.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in Match-ups

DKNS.2135

Bottom line is you got bigger to ‘tip the scales’. You are now suggesting your competition just work harder because you want good match-ups. So you want a good match as long as the scales are tipped in your favor, because if they were tipped in someone else’s favor you could have just worked harder right?

Maybe instead of playing in a decided match they are spending all their time recruiting and raising money for a warchest, it is the GW2 way.

BG worked their kitten off when you got IRON.

BG also never gave up when our SEA/OCX was having issues when MERC left.

BG also worked overtime to bring down JQ the first time it happened because if you recall we came from behind back then as well while being weaker than JQ back in those days.

I can go on and on but what’s the use….

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

Did bg quit? This thread is only 18 pages.

in Match-ups

KeeZee.7312

BG also worked overtime to bring down JQ the first time it happened because if you recall we came from behind back then as well while being weaker than JQ back in those days.

Didn’t only some of Merc leave….I guess now its all Merc left.

13and1

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

MERC left. A few stayed. Regardless…….. snuggles

And lol shifty! You trolololol

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

SNUGGLES!!!!!

don’t quit till the naysayers say yay!

sadly, you won’t see me tonight. but HEY i am there in spirit.
GOOO SoR!

for those BG talking about SoR losing spirit and giving up and not putting up fights, please don’t undermine the time and efforts of those on SoR that still put in amazing hard work each and every single day. : ))

but if it’s to offer a little inspiration, by all means, go for it.

[edited for clarity]

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Reslinal.2359

This is how Tier 1 has always been. Server’s strength fluctuate as servers gain or lose guilds. However Tier 1 servers usually don’t give up fighting just because you are now suddenly weaker in some small time zones. BG fought hard when JQ outmanned us tremendously when we entered T1 and when SoR just got IRON that allowed them to get on a winning streak, JQ did not give up fighting when they lost guilds and was the weakest T1 server for a while. SoR used to keep fighting hard and give close matches when they had weaker coverages.

So this is the T1 way, you are expected to keep fighting hard even when you know your opponent has temporary better coverage than you and you may not able to win. You keep your server’s morale high through fighting and also work on recruitment to even out the time zones.

You may not agree with the way it works in T1 being on lower tiers, but this is the game players on Tier 1 have signed up for. and when a T1 server that used to be hard to crack begin to lose its tenacity, it’s going to get called out to hopefully inspire them to come back.

Blackgate Engineer

(edited by Reslinal.2359)

in Match-ups

KeeZee.7312

This is how Tier 1 has always been. Server’s strength fluctuate as servers gain or lose guilds. However Tier 1 servers usually don’t give up fighting just because you are now suddenly weaker in some small time zones. BG fought hard when JQ outmanned us tremendously when we entered T1 and when SoR just got IRON that allowed them to get on a winning streak, JQ did not give up fighting when they lost guilds and was the weakest T1 server for a while. SoR used to keep fighting hard and give close matches when they had weaker coverages.

So this is the T1 way, you are expected to keep fighting hard even when you know your opponent has temporary better coverage than you and you may not able to win. You keep your server’s morale high through fighting and also work on recruitment to even out the time zones.

I give this piece of creating writing a 13/14.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

if my memory is correct. This guy ( Jax ) is from Mag not SoR. No point of talking about T1 stuffs / drama with him. He likely has no clue.

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

Wow Mag. Whoever pulled this 30 omega golems (2 – 15omega waves) off tonight during SEA in EBG is insane lol. We almost got our chair falling off :P.

You guys are crazy bunch of ppl really lol.

Attachments:

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hobbitz.5831

Hobbitz.5831

My sources tell me that Waha and almost all of ATM/FoO walked away from Guild Wars 2 this week. Looks like BG will be the last server standing at the end after all.

Congrats BG, you have earned your right to PvDoor for the rest of GW2’s existance.

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

My sources tell me that Waha and almost all of ATM/FoO walked away from Guild Wars 2 this week. Looks like BG will be the last server standing at the end after all.

Congrats BG, you have earned your right to PvDoor for the rest of GW2’s existance.

Huh? I highly doubt that. The timing of such a choice makes no sense, unless waha had something unexpected come up in life outside of the game.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

Correct, it’s pointless telling a non ppt server to care about ppt.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure.8412

Azure.8412

Huh? I highly doubt that. The timing of such a choice makes no sense, unless waha had something unexpected come up in life outside of the game.

It is true. Have fun with the PvD. <3

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

When one uses terms like work and overtime to describe their server in a video game of all things….well let’s just say it’s difficult to match that, congrats on your victory man

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

When one uses terms like work and overtime to describe their server in a video game of all things….well let’s just say it’s difficult to match that, congrats on your victory man

Why does “work” need to be used negatively? I enjoy my job, the place that I “work”, I don’t consider it a obligation because it’s something I want to do. The people on SoR that are “working” to make SoR a better server should be looked down upon because they are working towards something? Over time? It’s merely putting more hours then whats normal, because I or whomever is able to put in more hours than they normally would is considered wrong or negative? If I or a group of people are able to stay up later to play a bit longer or “put in overtime” how is that wrong?

Anyways thanks for the congrats, I know I’ll be looking forward to week 7. The big 3 together once again.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

It is true. Have fun with the PvD. <3

Forgive my skepticism but I’ll wait to hear it from someone who doesn’t play on SoR before I make up my mind on “truth” of it.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

SNUGGLES!!!!!

don’t quit till the naysayers say yay!

sadly, you won’t see me tonight. but HEY i am there in spirit.
GOOO SoR!

for those BG talking about SoR losing spirit and giving up and not putting up fights, please don’t undermine the time and efforts of those on SoR that still put in amazing hard work each and every single day. : ))

but if it’s to offer a little inspiration, by all means, go for it.

[edited for clarity]

I think the majority of negative things being said about SOR this week and last, is about the players who decided not to play for one reason or another. I personally appreciate every SOR player who is still coming out for the fights.

Specifically [choo]. They have a deep roster and they have consistently put a solid force out on the maps over the last few weeks. You guys are also always fun to compete against if BG has a solid force or I am running with my guild.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurika.6751

Aurika.6751

@Omnitek – when do you play usually?

to the Mesmer from [MONK] that made me feel like it was my first hour playing the game lol, and stayed extremely classy, thanks for the humbling experience. we need more folk like you! tried to invite/join you for a quick chat but for some reason wouldn’t work. /salute!

Hey thanks, that was me. I just came back to the game after a few months off and mostly have been roaming those new (new to me anyway) center ruins since the weekend. MONK only has two members and I was the only mesmer until late last night when the other player reached 80 on his.

I’m sure we will run into each other again.

I have had a lot of fun in the ruins and think that removing the lake in the center of the map was the best idea Anet ever made.

Sladi [TW]

(edited by Aurika.6751)

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

You may not agree with the way it works in T1 being on lower tiers, but this is the game players on Tier 1 have signed up for. and when a T1 server that used to be hard to crack begin to lose its tenacity, it’s going to get called out to hopefully inspire them to come back.

Seriously, does everyone in T1 think they are a special snow flake or is it just a vocal minority? What would make you think us lower tiers do not have this same issue/discussion? Granted less once they made the matchups RNG, but before that was a common discussion every time a balanced tier got transfers.

Regardless of what has happened in the past, do you think it is possible this kind of ‘tipping the scales’ will have a much greater impact on a server in the first competitive league that, for reasons I do not understand, folks were excited about? Being no expert on the intricate and apparently alien minds of T1 players I would think a person’s view of what competition means in GW2 might be influence by such an event.

in Match-ups

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

WRONG. Let’s not forget history. Your score tanked and your WvW population plummeted when IRON came to SoR. In one week, BG went from winning by 50k points to losing by 50k over SoR; was IRON worth 100k points? (remember, this was before stomping gave points, so final score was much lower). SoR then proceeded to go undefeated for few weeks.

Remember, IRON transferred over just a week or two after BG got RISE and WM from T2. Before IRON, when BG got those additional guilds, you guys were dominating. After IRON transferred? We had to beg you guys to come out and fight us. Many of the BG guys that were dominating and PvD’ing day after day were nowhere to be found with IRON in the battlefield.

I’m not saying this to say that you guys didn’t put up a fight. I do acknowledge that many of your guilds still came out to fight back when IRON came. But the truth is that large portion of your players (PvE / fairweather) simply didn’t show up. Every server has their own share of PvE and fairweather players.

Yes, SoR did lose a lot of fairweathers with ZDs transferring, but a lot of the hardcore WvW roamers and guilds are still coming out to fight. Having said that, BG, SoR and any other servers are no different than one another in the respect that we all have fairweathers who come and go and hardcores who stick through and fight. A server isn’t an autonomous being or a hive-mind, but rather a collection of many different minded players.

Now, one may say we have more fairweathers than BG does. Do we? Maybe, maybe not. who knows. How would one even prove that? So let’s not even go there :P Chances are, most people reading the forum are already hardcore, dedicated WvW players. So you won’t get more people to come out by taunting us because people reading the forum are already out there fighting you.

This, I can’t say, since SoR wasn’t fighting BG when that happened. So I’ll take your word for it.

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

BG seems stuck in a new player mindset. I swear I read this thread a year ago.

“Check the score! PVT is a good option! No fun having until the win is secured!”

If you derive happiness from firing a treb, mortar, and cannon at a contsted sentry point ~for the realm~ then good on you. But anyone who’s played this game for a while will laugh at you.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best