Grats BG and JQ on first and second!

Good luck have fun this week.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Praise Breadsus!

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: LeDuc.1436

LeDuc.1436

Well league is over with finally.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

Gentlemen, it’s been a heck of a season. And this is the summary of it from my perspective.

The drama’s began before the season even started, with MERC jumping ship to Jade Quarry and backstabbing Blackgate which was a shock to the whole WvW community. Many MERC’s were against the move and stayed, just as many moved to Jade Quarry, and the MERC civil war still rages on to this day.

Remember Jade Quarry getting the easy draw and the amount of complaints on the forums? Some Jade Quarry posters stated that this was a fair decision and that they deserved an easy draw because there were the top seed.

The draw lead to the 2v1 against JQ in week 1. For the first time in guild wars 2 history, SoR and BG focused a common enemy. It was a milestone moment which both servers wanted to ensure that Jade Quarry would finish in 3rd, for their own benefit.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/115

This result opened up league to be there for the taking for any tier 1 server.

In week 2, SoR were now looking like the hot favourites to challenge for the season. And they didn’t disappoint with a dominating effort against Blackgate on the opening weekend. BG waned and SoR took charge of the situation, with SoR heading towards a 17k lead only 2 days into the matchup. Blackgate then rallied and dismantled Sanctum of Rall’s 17k lead by the end of the 3rd day. The scores remained tight until halfway during the 4th day, that saw a monumentual collapse by SoR.
Halfway during this matchup, ZDs also joined Blackgate, with many people crying foul play and how this was unfair.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/117

In week 3 many expected a strong showing by Sanctum of Rall to make up for the week before. But this was not to happen with SoR putting in an insipid performance. Infighting raged on their server and this was them giving up on the season.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/119

Week 4 was an easy victory for BG against SoR due to events in the previous weeks.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/121

Sad news reached tier 1 when IRON decided to leave the North American servers, and head back home to Europe. They brought many great fights, class (in game) and balance to tier 1. They will be missed.

Week 5 saw the much awaited showdown between Jade Quarry and Blackgate, the winner of this matchup was to be the champions. And it didn’t disappoint. These 2 power houses traded blows, the fighting was heavy and intense across all of the borderlands. Blackgate edged out a narrow lead of 4k, with Jade Quarry coming back to get a small lead of their own. The matchup continued like this until it came to the middle of the week, which saw the morale of Jade Quarry wane across the entire server, leading to their server conceding the loss.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/123

With weeks 6 and 7 being formalities, Blackgate was now crowned the deserved champions of Gold League.

Best of luck to Sanctum of Rall for the future, your server has been a rock solid community that always puts comradery and fun above all else. I hope your server can rebuild and continue to be the great server that it’s always been.

To Jade Quarry, despite the draw, your server deserved to be classed as the favourites and you proved it in the match ups. You’ve got one hell of a community with a lot of very organised guilds and you put up a great fight. Good luck for next time.

Now to everyone on Blackgate…

Our community on Blackgate has faced enormous adversity, and has managed to stand up against all odds to achieve this. Well done to everyone on Blackgate for believing in the server, sticking up for each other, for staying up late and working for each other. It feels me with great pride to be part of such an amazing community. Thanks Blackgate.

Good game everyone and have fun!

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

No more season? Now what do?

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stealth.8150

Stealth.8150

Gentlemen, it’s been a heck of a season. And this is the summary of it from my perspective.

The drama’s began before the season even started, with MERC jumping ship to Jade Quarry and backstabbing Blackgate which was a shock to the whole WvW community. Many MERC’s were against the move and stayed, just as many moved to Jade Quarry, and the MERC civil war still rages on to this day.

Remember Jade Quarry getting the easy draw and the amount of complaints on the forums? Some Jade Quarry posters stated that this was a fair decision and that they deserved an easy draw because there were the top seed.

The draw lead to the 2v1 against JQ in week 1. For the first time in guild wars 2 history, SoR and BG focused a common enemy. It was a milestone moment which both servers wanted to ensure that Jade Quarry would finish in 3rd, for their own benefit.

In week 2, SoR were now looking like the hot favourites to challenge for the season. And they didn’t disappoint with a dominating effort against Blackgate on the opening weekend. BG waned and SoR took charge of the situation, with SoR heading towards a 17k lead only 2 days into the matchup. Blackgate then rallied and dismantled Sanctum of Rall’s 17k lead by the end of the 3rd day. The scores remained tight until halfway during the 4th day, that saw a monumentual collapse by SoR.
Halfway during this matchup, ZDs also joined Blackgate, with many people crying foul play and how this was unfair.

In week 3 many expected a strong showing by Sanctum of Rall to make up for the week before. But this was not to happen with SoR putting in an insipid performance. Infighting raged on their server and this was them giving up on the season.

Week 4 was an easy victory for BG against SoR due to events in the previous weeks.

Sad news reached tier 1 when IRON decided to leave the North American servers, and head back home to Europe. They brought many great fights, class (in game) and balance to tier 1. They will be missed.

Week 5 saw the much awaited showdown between Jade Quarry and Blackgate, the winner of this matchup was to be the champions. And it didn’t disappoint. These 2 power houses traded blows, the fighting was heavy and intense across all of the borderlands. Blackgate edged out a narrow lead of 4k, with Jade Quarry coming back to get a small lead of their own. The matchup continued like this until it came to the middle of the week, which saw the morale of Jade Quarry wane across the entire server, leading to their server conceding the loss.

With weeks 6 and 7 being formalities, Blackgate was now crowned the deserved champions of Gold League.

Best of luck to Sanctum of Rall for the future, your server has been a rock solid community that always puts comradery and fun above all else. I hope your server can rebuild and continue to be the great server that it’s always been.

To Jade Quarry, despite the draw, your server deserved to be classed as the favourites and you proved it in the match ups. You’ve got one hell of a community with a lot of very organised guilds and you put up a great fight. Good luck for next time.

Our community on Blackgate has faced enormous adversity, and has managed to stand up against all odds to achieve this. Well done to everyone on Blackgate for believing in the server, sticking up for each other, for staying up late and working for each other. It feels me with great pride to be part of such an amazing community. Thanks Blackgate.

im seeing lack of bread mentioned in your post..

ign: Stealthzor

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: muekung.2518

muekung.2518

I find his lack of bread disturbing.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

Yea you completely missed last weeks breadsplosion.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Normal service has been resumed. BreadWars.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Not sure what adversity BuyingbreadGate had when they had ZDS to pvd every night… It could have been fun and close if they didn’t recruit that guild, heh.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Not sure what adversity BuyingbreadGate had when they had ZDS to pvd every night… It could have been fun and close if they didn’t recruit that guild, heh.

Yeah no doubt. One guild can really change everything. 0.o

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello LoneWolfie,

To be fair, as we have mentioned earlier, ZD approached SOR/IRON who told them for competition it might be not be good for them to go SOR otherwise it would have been a steamroll.

Unfortunately, Wrex fell ill and ZD went BG. So we lost a commander in EU while BG had a 50+ guild running form the deadzone to EU. Perfect storm.

FW

[SoX] – JQ

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cornpops.7015

Cornpops.7015

Blackgate fully bought all of ZDs 500+ members all of which never slept, and played this game 24/7. We yelled at our achievement whores to get off the map cause we hate people who want to play the game the way it was designed. As we got all the PvEers off the map ZD’s fully queued all 4 maps and their 100+ man blobs carried this server off onto an undefeated victory.

EDIT: Literally none of the other guilds on blackgate (KnT, OnS, EE, EK etc…) even went to wvw this week.

[NS]

(edited by Cornpops.7015)

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Looking forward to the December patch. It’s this week, is it not?
Excited to try out some new stuff I’ve been working on.

Attachments:

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Akio.1749

Akio.1749

Often is it that the smallest of things serve as a catalyst for great change.

SoR
[RISE] Balls Deep Crew
[TW] Member

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Esqi.8496

Esqi.8496

Thanks MERC and KnT for the GvG’s last night. Was a lot of fun.

TKG are looking for more 15v15 this week

[TKG] Flake

(edited by Esqi.8496)

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: bestplayerEva.9301

bestplayerEva.9301

Ya, Wrex falling ill , best wishes to her and getting better. Big loss for sor losing iron. They are super strong.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Pvers are gone, everyone link the precursor they got from their Hardcore WvWer Chest!

elite specs ruined pvp.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Considering we lost a heck of a lot of coverage during that time zone with SUPR, MERC and TKG leaving, this accusation was never warranted.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

Disappointed at the lack of bread in my in my season one chest….

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

(edited by magikfox.9658)

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Considering we lost a heck of a lot of coverage during that time zone with SUPR, MERC and TKG leaving, this accusation was never warranted.

Not sure what you mean by that, ticking +400 PPT every single night EU timing and gaining nearly 5k points every day when BG fought either SOR/JQ during that time. 24/7 coverage = more PPT. I think any guild commanders who plays enough would have understood that by now. And JQ oceanic was pretty awful before TKG and MERC came over, but you chose to ignore that too. Beer goggles much?

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

With my lovely ICOA friend Ryme!!! <3 <3 <3

Love you long time! Awesome to meet you!

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wilco.1458

Wilco.1458

Saying ZDs didn’t win BG the league is like saying Lebron didn’t win rings for the Heat. Could Wade have done it on his own? Maybe. We’ll never know, but I assure you the matches would have been much closer.

We’ll see what happens this week!

http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco
Wilco Tango Foxtrot #lifting #hardwork

(edited by Wilco.1458)

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amity.8549

Amity.8549

Thanks MERC and KnT for the GvG’s last night. Was a lot of fun.

TKG are looking for more 15v15 this week

Yeah it was great fun and we definitely look forward to more in the future as our roster builds. You guys were running extremely tight and in general it’s awesome to see more SEA/OCX guilds entering the GvG scene (especially with seasons over).

Amarathy
[ETA]

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

LOLwut Cirus? Are you kidding me? Just stawp with the MERC stuff already. We’re all kitten friends still. calm down!

Superseriouscyruscirus!

I love you long time mate! And to all my ex guildies I see on the field. I miss you. And maybe one day we’ll be together again! <3

The LOVE asura <3

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: ReverendChan.8467

ReverendChan.8467

Score Update!

You didn’t say “hi” to me when I was snuggling you up and down with my teef today…

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

Most Adorable Na [chan]
Cutest Necro of Aspenwood

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Lol season over and we are still talking about coverage. At least when we are fighting mag they talk about builds.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

You didn’t say “hi” to me when I was snuggling you up and down with my teef today…

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

I enjoyed them when I noticed. Kinda drinking and kept afking. Also my housemate got attacked by a scary spider in the shower. And as we are both females, we may or maynot have flipped out.

The LOVE asura <3

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

Score Update!

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

I enjoyed them when I noticed. Kinda drinking and kept afking. Also my housemate got attacked by a scary spider in the shower. And as we are both females, we may or maynot have flipped out.

That wasn’t a spider. That was my engie and his tentacle backpack.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

That wasn’t a spider. That was my engie and his tentacle backpack.

Well you’re now dead on the ground curled up in a ball. That’ll teach you

The LOVE asura <3

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

We realize you are a recent transfer to BG so don’t have the full history of Tier 1 back in the day…

That said, you will have missed what happened when IRON first joined the fray and triggered SOR’s first gold medal victory alongside reeling off another 5++ more weeks of gold medals. BG is so honorable and mature, am sure none of your server mates came to the forum to do da qq back in those days,

Again, no big deal, you are a recent transfer so wasn’t around during this time so you wouldn’t remember what “One guild” playing at a 6 hour window during the other servers off peak can have on duh ppt.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

The only people that still talk about MERC transferring to JQ are the ones that got left behind.

Move on and maybe come up with a more creative name besides Vanguard of Abandoned Mercenaries?

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

Cut him some slack Haru, Breadsus hasn’t given him this day his daily bread.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

^please don’t say anything SFShinigami I don’t play this game, I was only saying thanks for the chronological drama posted by CIRUS goodbye.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

Aw man! I should have quoted him since he deleted his post

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Warlord.9074

And what purpose would that serve I stated in the beginning I havn’t played in 7 months and my guild quit this game about the same time? We have nothing to do with anything that has gone on in this game.

I say thankyou to someone for filling me in on what all has happened and you immediately attack my guild like and then want to quote me to be a jerk. And you can quote that becasue it exposes your behavior gl with your game dude.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

Because you haven’t played in 7 months, have no plans of coming back and only show up to make a post trying to start dramu. Your “thank you” was highly sarcastic and lacked any sort of real constructive input or attempt to promote fun outside of your own sense of trolling.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Warlord.9074

Because you haven’t played in 7 months, have no plans of coming back and only show up to make a post trying to start dramu. Your “thank you” was highly sarcastic and lacked any sort of real constructive input or attempt to promote fun outside of your own sense of trolling.

Just becasue you perceived my thankyou as starting drama does not make it so. Possibly the reason you think that is becasue the only information I have is the information below and I know nothing other that this. I was not being sarcastic I was only repeating what is written here which I have no reason to believe it is not true. If anyone is making drama it is you.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

Warlord, you’re most welcome! :)

And don’t worry about what Shini says, TSym were a fantastic guild with a lot of honor, I really loved following them back in the day.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crimson Riddles.3892

Crimson Riddles.3892

What game is Tsym playing now

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Warlord.9074

Warlord, you’re most welcome!

And don’t worry about what Shini says, TSym were a fantastic guild with a lot of honor, I really loved following them back in the day.

Thanks I may have sort of came off like Shini said a little but that was not at all my intention. Thats why I deleted my original post.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Warlord.9074

BF4 I think I’m playing Path Of Exile.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Crimson Riddles.3892

Well to fill you in, 2/3rds of your server is moving to another game apparently… That subscription fee is such a turn off tho

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Warlord.9074

Well to fill you in, 2/3rds of your server is moving to another game apparently… That subscription fee is such a turn off tho

Which one FF14ARR? That game is only PVE i thought. There are a bunch of new games coming out soon…Wildstar ESO EQNext will be intresting to see if even the hardcore GW2 fans left will stay. Were thinking of coming back to GW2 until one of those games comes out. TSYM may be back…

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Every server will take a hit and am sure will result in the juggling of tiers and server ranks at a cataclysmic level.

Far as the sub fee, really? Do you work? 15 bucks is cheap entertainment. That’s basically the cost of one order at Domino’s Pizza.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Warlord.9074

Every server will take a hit and am sure will result in the juggling of tiers and server ranks at a cataclysmic level.

Far as the sub fee, really? Do you work? 15 bucks is cheap entertainment. That’s basically the cost of one order at Domino’s Pizza.

yes every game goes through that. Not to say GW2 will die becasue the only thing thing that would kill GW2 is GW3…But that is very long from now. Someday ANET will have to start combining and decommissioning servers though.

At any rate SOR had a very good run and should be proud. BG should be proud of what it accomplished as well. All of the top servers have had their chance to Shine. I would personally love to see some new servers have their chance as well. There is nothing like being on top, just never forget it is not a individual effort but a community effort. Do not let your personal comments detract from that.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Crimson Riddles.3892

After playing WoW for years, it really starts to build up :P

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

After playing WoW for years, it really starts to build up :P

Sampling content in a beta event isn’t leaving, it is variety. Some really great games have come out since GW2 launched. I guess some of us are more coughpptobsessedcough dedicated to entertainment monoculture than others.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

A lot of people on BG have left GW2 to try new games then came back. So I am really not too worried about the long term impact of ESO on GW2 yet if it is as bad as a lot of you claim it to be.

Blackgate Engineer

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

A lot of people on BG have left GW2 to try new games then came back. So I am really not too worried about the long term impact of ESO on GW2 yet if it is as bad as a lot of you claim it to be.

I am sure a lot of people are like me who cycles through their games once they get burned out on one.

Eventually, they will cycle back to GW2, just like I did.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer