T2 NA: TC/DB/FA 5/24

in Match-ups

Posted by: ExquisitePriide.6302

ExquisitePriide.6302

That awkward moment when your home citadel waypoint is contested…

Attachments:

Commander Exquisite Priide
[VK][RET] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

How in the world?

ANET……..

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Posted by: ExquisitePriide.6302

ExquisitePriide.6302

How in the world?

ANET……..

I don’t know and I am scared…

Commander Exquisite Priide
[VK][RET] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: MarauderKing.4572

MarauderKing.4572

Quick score update. Hoping that siege bug gets fixed soon for all of our sakes!

Attachments:

Haniko – [FIRE] FIRE Gaming Community
Dragonbrand (Ex-JQ)

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

You have damaged gear. It must be that chest armor that appears to be missing some material. *offers up a leaf*

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Guys, you really need to let me get at least a second cup of coffee in me before this:

Attachments:

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

I have not seen poorer long term play on any server’s part more than i have seen from FA this morning. GG

To be fair they may have issues brought on by ANET, evidenced by a contested home BL citadel wp (refer to pic above).

This week is kinda borked, some servers have siege sometimes, golems most of the time, crashes, citadel wped contested?

Can we just call a mulligan?

Or have a fireworks parade?

Dont think we’ve gotten NNK to party with us yet lol.

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I have not seen poorer long term play on any server’s part more than i have seen from FA this morning. GG

To be fair they may have issues brought on by ANET, evidenced by a contested home BL citadel wp (refer to pic above).

This week is kinda borked, some servers have siege sometimes, golems most of the time, crashes, citadel wped contested?

Can we just call a mulligan?

Or have a fireworks parade?

Dont think we’ve gotten NNK to party with us yet lol.

Yeah, ANet really screwed over this week with the siege bug…

That and FA’s coverage during SEA is abysmal. It has been for a long time.

Then they turn around and put DB in the double digits in the afternoon, as they did yesterday.

Just saying…

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

long term play is for Guild Wars 2, This is GOLEM WARS BABY!!!!!!!!! zerg, cap and recap!!!!

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

I just want you to know that your naked zerg yesterday in FABL made me grin, and I used fireworks and /cry ’d on you guys when we had to unceremoniously end it a few times. Hopefully we get to have a joint firework parade again some day soon!

in Match-ups

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

Best post ever.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Oh boy, both TFV and NNK in TCBL pvdooring reinforced gates down.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

Oh boy, both TFV and NNK in TCBL pvdooring reinforced gates down.

Yea, they were checking how much time it would take.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MarauderKing.4572

MarauderKing.4572

I just want you to know that your naked zerg yesterday in FABL made me grin, and I used fireworks and /cry ’d on you guys when we had to unceremoniously end it a few times. Hopefully we get to have a joint firework parade again some day soon!

Glad you guys appreciated it! I definitely noticed your guild tags around as well (and remember our guys ran into yours in EB). It’s about having fun while playing hard : )

I was commanding our merry crew and was a few drinks deep so you didn’t see our finest battlefield tactics – but we had fun, and I hope you guys did too!

We do this once a week after our guild nights so you will see our staple naked zergs and other variations if our servers fight together in the future

/salute

Haniko – [FIRE] FIRE Gaming Community
Dragonbrand (Ex-JQ)

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Glad you guys appreciated it! I definitely noticed your guild tags around as well (and remember our guys ran into yours in EB). It’s about having fun while playing hard : )

I was commanding our merry crew and was a few drinks deep so you didn’t see our finest battlefield tactics – but we had fun, and I hope you guys did too!

We do this once a week after our guild nights so you will see our staple naked zergs and other variations if our servers fight together in the future

/salute

We have a few guilds who run naked zergs as well. Those are always great fun!

Looking forward to seeing you guys out there in the future. Hopefully the new ranking system gets us all matched up again down the road.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

How is the citadel WP contested? Anet bring golems there?

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Akh.1297

Akh.1297

Can someone tell me what guild the commander for Dragonbrand in Eternal borderlands is from?
this is for ocean time or sea time

in Match-ups

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

What the heck Pride!? :O

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

Can someone tell me what guild the commander for Dragonbrand in Eternal borderlands is from?
this is for ocean time or sea time

Why? If you want me to relay a message I can

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

theres a TFV member following our EB grp around and the DB zerg is waiting or flanks us everytime. Outmanned and pvd for 90% of the morning isnt good enough?

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

We have a few guilds who run naked zergs as well. Those are always great fun!

Is this the running naked to someone or the running naked away from someone? They are similar, but not quite the same. Some people have more fun with one than the other.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

We’ve already sacrified two of your omega golems, DB. There was another one that we were about to liberate then you had it waypointed.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mayoken.9851

Mayoken.9851

Does TC have EU guilds or just massive pop that goes in from differen guilds as militia?

Mayoken [PLX] Plexity – Lieutenant – 7nth lvl 80 WW
Blackgate – www.plexity.guildportal.com –
Founder of [CO] | Nov ’12 2012 – May ’13 2013

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

Does TC have EU guilds or just massive pop that goes in from differen guilds as militia?

You’re full too mate.

Pop differences arent the driving force in the disparity.

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

We have pretty good coverage by guilds in EU/Oceanic/NA. The guild groups are also buffed by PuGs as well. Some of our SEA/Oceanic/EU guilds are kinda on the small side, but have good leaders that PuGs seem to follow. Our late NA is just huge, obviously. We queue three maps some nights…

in Match-ups

Posted by: virtue.7235

virtue.7235

Aggressive action from last night :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbZQ4nAE8S4
Thanks for the awesome fights [CERN] and [TSL]!

Serane – D/D Elementalist [Agg]
[Agg] WvW – http://www.youtube.com/user/SeraneGW2
Server? We move a lot.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

You’re full too mate.

Right. Remember the status quo:

DB hacks can only PvDoor during SEA time.

TC / FA clear the map in EU time because of amazing skills.

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

You’re full too mate.

Population =/= Coverage.

DB’s SEA being so massive just doesnt leave very much pop space for other time zones.

We all work with the same population, but different coverages, just happens that SEA/Oceanic is the most “valuable” slot to have overwhelming numbers in.

EDIT: Currently both TC and DB are FULL, so population wise there really shouldnt be too large a disparity if any, you have the bodies but they just arent showing – evidence is FA, at very high but seemly having more participation.

Meega Kweesta

(edited by Rawr.5930)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

You’re full too mate.

Your SEA should talk to WM about meta tactics, even though your SEA might have more numbers they still have a lot to learn about map hopping or limiting map hopping (in your case) as well as locking down DBBL. Its much easier to outmobilize your zergs than it was WM.

Its why Kaineng used to stay high 200-low 400s for many hours whereas your SEA hits low 300-high 400 but only for an hour max.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

theres a TFV member following our EB grp around and the DB zerg is waiting or flanks us everytime. Outmanned and pvd for 90% of the morning isnt good enough?

It’s cos you called me fat. Outraged females from all servers are about to come follow you and slap you everywhere you go. /nod

I’m kidding.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

We have pretty good coverage by guilds in EU/Oceanic/NA. The guild groups are also buffed by PuGs as well. Some of our SEA/Oceanic/EU guilds are kinda on the small side, but have good leaders that PuGs seem to follow. Our late NA is just huge, obviously. We queue three maps some nights…

Militia dear. Militia. The term pug is used by servers that don’t realize their value. We value our militia completely, they are the backbone of our forces out there.

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Militia dear. Militia.

Sorry. “Pug” is a bad word. xD

“buffed by militia.”

I will say that I’ve always been impressed by the ability of TC militia to hold a map together without any single point of leadership (commander/guild/etc). We can pretty much leave EBG without a commander for hours at a time and the militia keeps all our stuff green.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Coinin.2590

Coinin.2590

What the heck Pride!? :O

Oh…my bad…I necro powered my way in and tried to take it

Coinin Mypocket 80 Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

You’re full too mate.

Population =/= Coverage.

DB’s SEA being so massive just doesnt leave very much pop space for other time zones.

We all work with the same population, but different coverages, just happens that SEA/Oceanic is the most “valuable” slot to have overwhelming numbers in.

EDIT: Currently both TC and DB are FULL, so population wise there really shouldnt be too large a disparity if any, you have the bodies but they just arent showing – evidence is FA, at very high but seemly having more participation.

In the original context, I think he was asking about what you would call EU coverage, not total server population. Thus, I took your response as saying that the point disparity in EU prime time was because of a difference in skill, not coverage.

Also, I just want to mention the population distinctions (Full, Very High, etc.) are vague at best. I’m not arguing that TC and DB don’t in fact have very similar populations, I’m just saying that it’s not a very accurate descriptor, and I’m not going to form opinions from it. It’s like trying to describe a person and all you can offer is their skin color.

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

You’re full too mate.

Population =/= Coverage.

In the original context, I think he was asking about what you would call EU coverage, not total server population. Thus, I took your response as saying that the point disparity in EU prime time was because of a difference in skill, not coverage.

Also, I just want to mention the population distinctions (Full, Very High, etc.) are vague at best. I’m not arguing that TC and DB don’t in fact have very similar populations, I’m just saying that it’s not a very accurate descriptor, and I’m not going to form opinions from it. It’s like trying to describe a person and all you can offer is their skin color.

How accurate we will never know, unless ANET is generous with information (hur hur), but it’s all we have AND official so it’s what i’ll work with.

I my opinion DB has very large swings in participation and thus, by extension, swings in coverage too.

Reference the first weeks of our matchup where DB was at VERY HIGH yet was able to field VERY large forces seemingly 24/7 on all BLs.

I think there is little doubt there are more bodies on the server now at FULL when compared to VERY HIGH.

Thus the only logical conclusion is declining participation, which IMO isnt an issue recruitment addresses, but rather one of organization and morale.

Interestingly, DB’s SEA does not seem to suffer from such large swings in participation, hence the consistent ability to dominate the ppt during that timeslot, it’s a credit to them, much respect for those guilds NNK,TFV, AT, GA and the various militia.

Conversely, DB’s EU/ early NA coverage has seen HUGE swings in participation, with the resulting volatility in ppt.

Digressing.

Regarding recruitment for a more competitive tier.

Tier 2 has the SMALLEST spread in glicko rating between Green and Red.

Tier 2 has the TIGHTEST ppt total of ALL tiers in NA.

How is the Tier NOT competitive?

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

TC and FA I’m calling for a Karma/WXP/rank train with this seige bug…. For instance DB goes into FA, FA goes into TC, and TC goes into DB… We all win lol

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: nomdeplums.5780

nomdeplums.5780

Lack of siege placement throws planning out the window and reduces “long term play” to a simple question of coverage.

On the brighter side, it does seem to be encouraging more fighting.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Harrish.8743

Harrish.8743

Tier 2 has the SMALLEST spread in glicko rating between Green and Red.

Tier 2 has the TIGHTEST ppt total of ALL tiers in NA.

How is the Tier NOT competitive?

Whew, I’m just glad Anet is going to fix the ranking system so we won’t have to endure such competitive matches in T2 anymore. Can’t wait for the SoR/TC/Mag funfest. J/K – will be nice to have some new opponents, although T2 really is a blast right now.

Hellfire Circus [HfC]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Valtrex.2895

Valtrex.2895

I don’t care what anyone says, no siege has made GW2 1000x more fun.
No more 2-3 players sitting on fail carts to fight off enemy, no more lonely treber with too much time on he’s hands, and esp. encourages players to fight open fields.

Too bad they gonna fix it soon. :c

~ [BP] Blood Pact ~ Dragonbrand ~
Roaming Mesmer/Ele/Engie/Guardian

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Forgot the population coverage, I want an answer to my non-coverage question.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoja.2631

Zoja.2631

Ha! Yeah, I don’t know about you DB and FA guys, but TC players have been straight up goofy the last couple of days. Its been a blast, and I haven’t laughed this much in WvW in ages. I’ll be a little bummed once siege is fixed, but only a little.

Zona Eshe
Too Drunk To PvP[LUSH]
Standing United[STUN]-TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

I miss my siege and upgrades

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

No more 2-3 players sitting on fail carts to fight off enemy

Nothing says skill like PvDoor, right?

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Match-ups

Valtrex.2895

Nothing says skill like PvArrowcart, right?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

TC and FA I’m calling for a Karma/WXP/rank train with this seige bug…. For instance DB goes into FA, FA goes into TC, and TC goes into DB… We all win lol

hmmmmm…. i like this idea….. we’d have to get all servers on board though…

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

I went to the dentist. Everything tastes like WvW now.

in Match-ups

Posted by: manbearpig.8095

manbearpig.8095

to the theif and Mesmer that 2 v 2’ed us at ne camp dbbl good fight and since nothing else but golems can be dropped we are gathering the armored core

Attachments:

kintai yuhara 80 necro [RE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Nothing says skill like PvArrowcart, right?

If you can’t deal with siege, don’t WvW….

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Match-ups

Valtrex.2895

Hold on, lemme make counter AC next to wall, to make enemy cry zoom hacks.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cathen.3795

Cathen.3795

to the theif and Mesmer that 2 v 2’ed us at ne camp dbbl good fight and since nothing else but golems can be dropped we are gathering the armored core

Quick, there is a mesmer in bay….make sure you sweep thoroughly

See linked picture in quoted post for reference