T2 NA: TC/DB/FA 5/24

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Lol it’s going to be chaos in a few hours.

Good luck to all, may the RNG always be in your favor.

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I’m already praying to the RNG god.

Aragorn?

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Deschain I.4623

I Deschain I.4623

Aragorn?

The Crippled God.

3rd player NA to reach Diamond Invader (WvW Rank 6445+) on 10/29/14.
Retired.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

TC, is SOR your ex before FA came in to the picture?

They seem hostile…

If you look at my posting history, you will see that I am a known TC hater. There ya go Jayne, saved you the trouble…..

lol, there’s hope for you yet Aurust.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

thanks for the fights in TCBL….had a lot of fun keeping you away from lake.

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Epic tier 2 battles of history!!!

TC vs FA vs DB!!!

Who won?
Who’s next?
TC decides!

Fixed that for ya ;p

Dont sell yourself short.

If DB can muster the same participation in the first 2 weeks of this matchup, if i were a betting man – my money would be on you.

TC has adapted to us, we have not adapted to them. That said, I am pretty sure I still haven’t seen DB’s NA guilds flex at the same time for more than once or twice a week. I work through most of primetime though so maybe they’re out there in full force every day and I’m only seeing the remnants when I log in around 11pm EST.

All I know is that there are no excuses left. DB is “full” now a lot of the time so there’s no reason why we should let our garrison get waypointed every Wednesday. I don’t want to hear how we’re losing because of Southsun events or burnout next week—those things should affect other servers every bit as much as they affect us. The bottom line is we need more people who want to win and show it.

The server may be full these days but I have noticed a significant drop in WvW participation. Most nights we don’t have queues, at least when I’m playing around 10pm-2am est. Actually we are usually outmanned during these hours except in EB. This has been like this the past 2 weeks.

I’m sure we’ll bounce back though, I have faith in the DB community

Well if it helps any, your SEA crew hasn’t backed down in the slightest. Still a massive SEA (pun) of angry red guys every morning when I log in. They actually are fabulous players and make me work hard at getting better. I think I’ve improved my game because of them.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

TC vs FA vs DB!!!

Who won?
Who’s next?
TC decides!

Fixed that for ya ;p

If DB can muster the same participation in the first 2 weeks of this matchup, if i were a betting man – my money would be on you.

TC has adapted to us, we have not adapted to them. That said, I am pretty sure I still haven’t seen DB’s NA guilds flex at the same time for more than once or twice a week. I work through most of primetime though so maybe they’re out there in full force every day and I’m only seeing the remnants when I log in around 11pm EST.

All I know is that there are no excuses left. DB is “full” now a lot of the time so there’s no reason why we should let our garrison get waypointed every Wednesday. I don’t want to hear how we’re losing because of Southsun events or burnout next week—those things should affect other servers every bit as much as they affect us. The bottom line is we need more people who want to win and show it.

The server may be full these days but I have noticed a significant drop in WvW participation. Most nights we don’t have queues, at least when I’m playing around 10pm-2am est. Actually we are usually outmanned during these hours except in EB. This has been like this the past 2 weeks.

I’m sure we’ll bounce back though, I have faith in the DB community

Well if it helps any, your SEA crew hasn’t backed down in the slightest. Still a massive SEA (pun) of angry red guys every morning when I log in. They actually are fabulous players and make me work hard at getting better. I think I’ve improved my game because of them.

I gotta say our SEA crew is truly impressive, and I do love running with them when I can get a day off work. They are some of most friendly and skilled WvW players I have met. They carry the weight of our NA time gap, and I can’t thank them enough

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Huygens.4075

Huygens.4075

Aragorn?

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Efface.8460

Efface.8460

I find that many people don’t quite understand the intricate social dynamics involved with strengthening a community…..the talent is here…so are the numbers….it’s the integration that has been problematic….If you can’t inspire people to support your efforts while online, and especially offline, then you just throw hurdle after hurdle in front of yourself…..Unfortunately, few people are comfortable manning up to this facet of responsibility, let alone adept enuff to operate success….WvW isn’t about skill on the battlefield, that kitten is easy, it’s about social science, and knowing how to manipulate it

peace

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

..WvW isn’t about skill on the battlefield, that kitten is easy, it’s about social science, and knowing how to manipulate it

This! 1,000 times this.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

I hope that DB gets out of whatever is causing their lack of precipitation. Ark said it best in my opinion. I honestly feel that when you guys do come out in full fore, rallied behind your commanders, you can definitely snag a win from TC. It’d be a close fight, and anyones game but it would be either or. You guys always talk about community and what not. I hope whatever it is you are doing strengthens that to where people show up and defend your world, so that you may meet your next opponents on the battlefield like you met us a few weeks ago.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

I hope that DB gets out of whatever is causing their lack of precipitation. Ark said it best in my opinion. I honestly feel that when you guys do come out in full fore, rallied behind your commanders, you can definitely snag a win from TC. It’d be a close fight, and anyones game but it would be either or. You guys always talk about community and what not. I hope whatever it is you are doing strengthens that to where people show up and defend your world, so that you may meet your next opponents on the battlefield like you met us a few weeks ago.

What is the chance of rain in DB next week?

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

Man, DB taking third place has to be hard to take for certain people there. I guess we will see just how resilient DB’s wvw community is or if it will suffer the same fate as KN.

Everyone has accepted this in T2 quite some time ago. I wonder if SoR’s response time is this slow in game as well.

I think once SOR is ticking 600+ 24/7 vs TC u’ll find out. SOR knows very well how easy it is to crush the morale of TC’s PVE’rs…..

And no, its not necessarily about skill, our coverage will ensure that when your NA prime forces meet ours, SOR’s already dominant NA will already be inside waypointed tier 3 keeps. Good luck with that…..

i’d….. just like to point out, that before the orbs were removed, every single one of SoR’s guilds was farmed for 9 straight hours by TC’s militia. we also ninja’d the garrison from you…… while you were still inside of it. you can chest thump all you’d like about what you think might happen in the future. we’ll simply smile and nod, because we know what’s already happened in the past. sure, you won the matches convincingly, but we had fun humiliating every single one of you, and we were in character while we did it. you might be able to beat us, but i assure you that you’ll never be able to break us.

see, we don’t care about how big you want everyone to think your junk is. we’re smart enough to grasp the concept of overcompensation. all we care about is going out there, doing our best, and having fun. anything else is trivial. if we win, awesome. if we don’t, no big deal. we’ll take a look a look at what we can improve, and do our best to do so.

see, the thing about TC, is that we’re actually stronger in the face of adversity. we don’t fade away. we don’t bandwagon to the next big thing. we use use it as inspiration. we know what winning is like right now, but we sure as hell know what losing is like. it ain’t anything new to us. just ask BG or KN. i still have boot prints on my face from both of those servers. +0 PPT just means we have a wider choice of which areas to capture. we’ve been there before countless times, and we’ll be there again. but the important part is that we’ll be there, and we’ll always keep coming back no matter how many times you knock us down.

like rocky said, “if don’t matter how hard you can hit. it matters how hard you can get hit and keep coming” and no one’s been able to stop us yet. hence why we’re the zombie coast.

see you on the battlefield.

in Match-ups

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

So like….is TC going up against SOR on reset? I must have missed something :x

[Agg] ression

in Match-ups

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

What is the chance of rain in DB next week?

Lawl

[Agg] ression

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

So like….is TC going up against SOR on reset? I must have missed something :x

No one knows yet. It’s gonna have that new “partial random” system in place.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Huygens.4075

Huygens.4075

EU T1 and 2 stayed the same and their ratings are a lot closer than ours :x

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke.6037

Zeke.6037

Well, with the new match up changes going live today! [Agg] would like to thank everyone from FA and TC for the fun fights we had the last 4 weeks in tier 2! I’m sure we will meet again, and can’t wait to fight you guys again!

[Lost] Diva
SF-GOM-SOS-BG-ET-DB-MAG-JQ-SOS-JQ-SOS-TC-BP-TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asbrandr.6324

Asbrandr.6324

We probably won’t see too much fluctuation for the first couple weeks in the higher tiers, at least. I imagine the absurdly high scores will need time to get to the point where they’ll adjust down enough to be matched elsewhere.

Zevkk | 80 Necromancer | Vyhrr Sootshroud | 80 Thief
Cyrus Quintillus | 80 Mesmer | Asbrandr Godrikson | 80 Warrior
Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: virtue.7235

virtue.7235

Last nights GvG action.
ty for the awesome fights [EP]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTatZFygT9M

Serane – D/D Elementalist [Agg]
[Agg] WvW – http://www.youtube.com/user/SeraneGW2
Server? We move a lot.

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Well, with the new match up changes going live today!…

Remember everyone, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

GL HF BBQ!

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreaven.3172

Kreaven.3172

Forum warriors aside. Great fights this week all around. Nuff said.

Note AGG I can not wait until the next GvG, I have been nitpicking the videos trying to see where to get better

Commander Ravana Mace[CERN] – 80 Ranger
~Tarnished Coast since the beginning

in Match-ups

Posted by: Garreth MacLeod.4158

Garreth MacLeod.4158

A big thanks to DB and FA for all the battles and stuff. If we are still matched up after reset, let the good times roll. See you on the battlefield.

/salute

Leader, Phantom Coven – GW1 & GW2
Garreth (Ra), Elizabeth (El), Fiona (Me), Morrigan (N)
Ceana (G), Briana (Th), Snowbourn (Eng), Onchu (W)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Indeed, if we do not meet again at reset, know that I truly respect FA and TC for bringing the fight these past few weeks. And I’m glad we could bring a fight to you as well

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: IronDuke.6380

IronDuke.6380

Despite a few forum troll/warriors at the start of things here on the forums, I think DB overall has represented themselves as good sports and responded to forum adversity with class.
/salute

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

TC vs FA vs DB!!!

Who won?
Who’s next?
TC decides!

Fixed that for ya ;p

This. DB has the same folks it had when it won T2 for the week. FA has shown that the loss of two WvW guilds has actually made them stronger.

T2, imo, is very much anyone’s game.

And Mr. Beard, you made me lawl hard enough to spit out coffee with your original post. Thanks. xD

FA is stronger because it doesn’t have a server queue sitting in a tower “looking for good fights” and for the first week in a month + didn’t turtle up in hills on their BL on reset to the neglect of everything else on the map.

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

in Match-ups

virtue.7235

Forum warriors aside. Great fights this week all around. Nuff said.

Note AGG I can not wait until the next GvG, I have been nitpicking the videos trying to see where to get better

Cant wait to see how much you guys improve!
tip: you guys had a lot of CC but not enough damage

Server? We move a lot.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

Had a couple fun fights with agg at the jumping puzzle until you guys decided to bring the rest of your guild in.

(edited by Andy.9137)

in Match-ups

virtue.7235

Agg doesnt do much on fridays so we tried to do something together :P
was fun though

Server? We move a lot.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

Novus still lovin DB?…..I swear we have “wanted” posters of him up all over the place here. If yer a smart DB’er…you’d stay at least 30 paces from him….FA’ers seem to be always aiming in his direction for some crazy reason.

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

If there are 50 people on the field, and one of them is novus, the other 49 people are as safe as the day they were born, nestled in their mother’s arms.

Until novus is dead, there can be no other target.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Novus and his multiclients aren’t really helping him.

Nor is it helping him to sit in our TS3.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

I find that many people don’t quite understand the intricate social dynamics involved with strengthening a community…..the talent is here…so are the numbers….it’s the integration that has been problematic….If you can’t inspire people to support your efforts while online, and especially offline, then you just throw hurdle after hurdle in front of yourself…..Unfortunately, few people are comfortable manning up to this facet of responsibility, let alone adept enuff to operate success….WvW isn’t about skill on the battlefield, that kitten is easy, it’s about social science, and knowing how to manipulate it

peace

I may have fooled a few of you, but I’m actually not a complete moron.

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

in Match-ups

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I think it will be good for FA and TC if they end up separated this match up. It gets pretty nasty in here.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Actually TC – FA Forum Relations have never been better.

It is so ~refreshing~

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Thank you TC and FA for teaching some of our more obnoxious DB folks some humility. And a very BIG thank you to TC and FA for the last couple pages of this forum topic. I’m digging the class.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Match-ups

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’m definitely going to miss this match-up. As a member of TC, my thoughts:

DB: You guys have some of the best quality guilds that I’ve seen. I’m not even going to try to list them all, but much respect.

FA: We’ve probably fought each other more than we have any other server. I look at it as two brothers. Definitely fought a lot growing up, but much more respect for each other as we’ve matured.

Good luck in the new matchups! There’s a good chance we will see at least one of you this coming week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

With the end of the Dolyak war I can no longer hide my true feelings.

For months I have stalked you to the ends of the battlegrounds, keeping pictures, momentos. I have written of your long hair in the pages of my moleskin journal, the smell of the leather binding acquiring an association with desire.

But with this terrible wars end, I can no longer hide my feelings

Marry me sunspots

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

For months I have stalked you to the ends of the battlegrounds, keeping pictures, momentos. I have written of your long hair in the pages of my moleskin journal, the smell of the leather binding acquiring an association with desire.

Marry me sunspots

You’ll have to do it in Vermont.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kevinskyrider.3271

kevinskyrider.3271

Will we finally be reunited T(Z)C? <3 with our evil, lost brother SoR as well? Old times..

Blackgate

(edited by kevinskyrider.3271)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

LAWL.

Good fights everyone! If we’re together again I hope you ALL DIE. See you on the battlefield soon.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

Marry me sunspots

but… but… canada

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in Match-ups

Efface.8460

peace

Then stop complaining and fix the problem smart guy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreaven.3172

Kreaven.3172

Well ranks stayed the same this week with a bit of a change in actual ratings. Will be interesting to see who faces who.

4. Tarnished Coast 2 008.029 | +10.910 | Rank = 4

5. Dragonbrand 1 962.925 | -20.101 | Rank = 5

6. Fort Aspenwood 1 960.524 | +9.121 | Rank = 6

Commander Ravana Mace[CERN] – 80 Ranger
~Tarnished Coast since the beginning

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

peace

http://imgur.com/h8i5on5

It’s not a problem one person can “fix” on their own, but I’m still ten steps ahead of you, buddy. How’s that crow taste?

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

in Match-ups

Efface.8460

peace

http://imgur.com/h8i5on5

It’s not a problem one person can “fix” on their own, but I’m still ten steps ahead of you, buddy. How’s that crow taste?

Nice to see…. GL, should u choose a serious attempt at this campaign

in Match-ups

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hi everyone,

Due to the recent reset of the WvWvW match-ups, we will now close this thread and invite you to start a new one. Indeed, we think that by doing this, it will allow the discussions to be refreshed and to start on a new and friendly place.

Thanks you for your understanding and have fun in the upcoming fights!