T8: 5/17/13: FC/ HoD/ ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Gotta study for my last 2 exams today before starting my WvW gw2 marathon, you know.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

gl ET, was fun playing with you all

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

The last few weeks in WvW have been a blast. Seems like someone is always taking something from someone.

And the good spirits and attitudes on this forum recently really add to the experience.

in Match-ups

Posted by: salocinn.4120

salocinn.4120

Just wanted to tell PAXA necro he is kitten. We have to focuss you since you are annoying AND you are a pain in the kitten to kill (even tho you aren’t a mesmer). Good thing we don’t see many like you XD

Aurell Hawk_80 Ranger
Kaze pewpew_80 Elementalist
Fergusons Crossing (Yarr)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sinester.3572

Sinester.3572

Wvw have been great lately keep it up everyone

HOD Comander

in Match-ups

Posted by: subcrazy.1098

subcrazy.1098

Just wanted to tell PAXA necro he is kitten. We have to focuss you since you are annoying AND you are a pain in the kitten to kill (even tho you aren’t a mesmer). Good thing we don’t see many like you XD

Hmm not sure how to respond. Sounds like Ur saying I’m bad then Ur not lol. I’m confused but I’ll just say thanks either way.

LavaFluxx – Ele
Ankle Bitër – Necro – Paxa
Necro and Ele small man videos:Necro/Ele Videos

in Match-ups

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

Hmm not sure how to respond. Sounds like Ur saying I’m bad then Ur not lol. I’m confused but I’ll just say thanks either way.

I think he was saying you’re a biznatch. And yes I miss your soft caress.

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Skarloc.2569

Skarloc.2569

He’s just stating the obvious… that you’re bad.

[PAXA] Skarllok – 80 Mesmer/ Skarrlloc – 80 Guardian
[FUN] [FUN II] [Jonathan Taylor Thomas] – DAoC, WoW, WAR

in Match-ups

Posted by: jbondo.9817

jbondo.9817

I remember FC posting pictures like this last week. It looks familiar. I guess blue is a popular color.

Attachments:

Dusty Dawg

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silas Drake.8946

Silas Drake.8946

I remember FC posting pictures like this last week. It looks familiar. I guess blue is a popular color.

Ah, this must be it.

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

in Match-ups

salocinn.4120

i wrote badhass without h, you’r good man

Aurell Hawk_80 Ranger

in Match-ups

subcrazy.1098

Thanks man. Was that u we had a annoying fight with the ranger and 2 stealthy’s.

LavaFluxx – Ele

(edited by subcrazy.1098)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khursun.2354

Khursun.2354

Oh, I don’t take it serious at all – first it is a game, and second, this is why the developers put 3 servers against one another – it is back to the old saying – when 2 guys quarrel madly over an object, a third person gains it

Besides, I was just going with the flow – I don’t see why the HoD guy was suggesting to ET to stop attacking HoD. That’s like saying let’s both attack FC and then we will get all that we want – HoD stays in 1st place, ET gets second.

I really like how ET plays – they just fight, protect their own and don’t care whom are they fighting – they just do their best, and sometimes they do it darn well. It is pretty much what FC did when we were dead last.

He was referring to points is all We say the same thing when HoD attacks ET stuffs instead of FC stuffs as we want to be green and move back up to T7 at some point.

However, still having fun fighting and not knowing who won’t show up for the week to make it a nail-biter, so really I don’t care. Can’t say I’d be sad to see ET take green for a week, would be good for your server morale.

T-Rex
Raijin Hammerstorm/Lightstorm/Shrimpstorm

in Match-ups

salocinn.4120

Thanks man. Was that u we had a annoying fight with the ranger and 2 stealthy’s.

yup I was the ranger! That was a very fun fight even if we lost

Aurell Hawk_80 Ranger

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shanks.8793

Shanks.8793

Thanks [End] For the great fight tonight, we are really looking forward another match against you guys.

Kindly, Snow Farrun [Deth]

Here’s a little highlight of the GvG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0tvgpnHiPI&fmt=22

Ty guys for the great experience ! Hope we learnt enough to practice for GvGs more and do another match with you guys and make it more entertaining for each sides <3

It was the first GvG for all of my guildies and we really loved it “sorry for taking too long”

End Ascends [End] GM / Eredon Terrace
Duke Marco – Duke Allycat – Boa Hancuck
– Duchess Cute – Duke Garp – Shiecko.

in Match-ups

osif.8673

Can we get this thread back on-topic and talk about how subcrazy is bad?

[PAXA]

in Match-ups

subcrazy.1098

Lol to funny osif.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Match-ups

osif.8673

Oh man you’re gonna make Skarloc angry with using “to” in that sentence.

[PAXA]

in Match-ups

subcrazy.1098

Yep and he will just have to like it.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Match-ups

osif.8673

he might just rage quit the forums two.

[PAXA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

good lord HoD is pushing HARD today. one heck of a flip flop from last week. wish i wasn’t stuck at work for another few hours. >.<

Attachments:

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

their welcome to do whatever they’re heart desires .. it’s there choice, after all.

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: jbondo.9817

jbondo.9817

Phone home ET, great fight today.

Henge of Denravi for life.

Attachments:

Dusty Dawg

in Match-ups

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

in Match-ups

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

lol. you guys are mean. i bet every single grammar stickler is twitching right now reading this thread. XD

it’s all four the best, i guess. not good two get to wrapped up in such things. amirite? >snicker<

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in Match-ups

Sinester.3572

GJ everyone btw i heard theres a farm feast on EB just saying

urs trully comander Sinester HOD for life

HOD Comander

in Match-ups

subcrazy.1098

he might just rage quit the forums two.

This is why he hasn’t replied, he quit the forums.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

Dear ET,

You will not leave 3rd place by attacking HoD. If you do not care, continue doing what you’re doing.

Sincerely,

HoD

Actually, we could.

See point gain is contingent upon another team losing points, so if we say, focused our forces to defend our own border and only attack HoD, we could secure 2nd place, because we would not be off splitting our forces trying to hit FC and HoD, which pretty much dilutes us our ability to fight.

Now if we had the forces to launch attacks on both fronts that would be one thing but lets be honest with ourselves, as far as ET goes, we don’t. HoD and FC seem to have a larger force and thus can sustain forces on both fronts, but ET simply can’t. So if we wanted to have a sliver of hope to get a foot hold into 2nd, we would either need to wait for another even to distract your forces like Southsun did, or we would need to pick a single target and focus on it with all we had to gain the most points.

But, I don’t see that tactic ever happening, so, enjoy the battles as large or small as they may be.

Good luck and good game so far.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Dear ET,

You will not leave 3rd place by attacking HoD. If you do not care, continue doing what you’re doing.

Sincerely,

HoD

Actually, we could.

See point gain is contingent upon another team losing points, so if we say, focused our forces to defend our own border and only attack HoD, we could secure 2nd place, because we would not be off splitting our forces trying to hit FC and HoD, which pretty much dilutes us our ability to fight.

Now if we had the forces to launch attacks on both fronts that would be one thing but lets be honest with ourselves, as far as ET goes, we don’t. HoD and FC seem to have a larger force and thus can sustain forces on both fronts, but ET simply can’t. So if we wanted to have a sliver of hope to get a foot hold into 2nd, we would either need to wait for another even to distract your forces like Southsun did, or we would need to pick a single target and focus on it with all we had to gain the most points.

But, I don’t see that tactic ever happening, so, enjoy the battles as large or small as they may be.

No. You wont. Colors are not based on the in-game point system. They are based off an entirely different point system. You would secure second place in game, but you’d still be red for a very very long time, which is 3rd place.

Greens keeps and towers are worth way more than ours in this seperate point system. To leave third place, you’d have to beat us in points (not in-game points). To do that, means you’d have to take “Greens” stuff. Not blue. Even if you took our stuff, if we take greens. You’ll still lose. Its why the tier match ups are stale and people get stuck in tiers for so long.

This also is about to change. But as of right now, that’s how it works in a nutshell.

That’s why everyone always gangs up on green.

http://mos.millenium.org/na

Look at our point gain, that’s not because we own your stuff. Red teams towers and keeps aren’t worth crap.

Its because we own “green” teams stuff.

That’s a common misconception.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

(edited by Bllade.1029)

in Match-ups

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Dear ET,

Sincerely,

HoD

Actually, we could.

No. You wont. Colors are not based on the in-game point system. They are based off an entirely different point system. You would secure second place in game, but you’d still be red for a very very long time, which is 3rd place.

Greens keeps and towers are worth way more than ours in this seperate point system. To leave third place, you’d have to beat us in points (not in-game points). To do that, means you’d have to take “Greens” stuff. Not blue. Even if you took our stuff, if we take greens. You’ll still lose. Its why the tier match ups are stale and people get stuck in tiers for so long.

This also is about to change. But as of right now, that’s how it works in a nutshell.

That’s why everyone always gangs up on green.

http://mos.millenium.org/na

Look at our point gain, that’s not because we own your stuff. Red teams towers and keeps aren’t worth crap.

Its because we own “green” teams stuff.

That’s a common misconception.

o.O

the expected color of the objective isnt whats important… maintaining a larger ppt than expected is. hod could sit on eb and fcbl, with fc in etbl and et in hodbl… and if 145 ppt is more than the glicko system expects et to hold, theyll gain rating.

double teaming a particular server is a great way to make them have a lower ppt than expected, and if all 3 servers are about equal then its gonna be really hard to fight a 2v1 instead of a 1v1v1. but seriously, one tower does not have more value than another, theyre all 10 ppt.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Match-ups

Bllade.1029

o.O

the expected color of the objective isnt whats important… maintaining a larger ppt than expected is. hod could sit on eb and fcbl, with fc in etbl and et in hodbl… and if 145 ppt is more than the glicko system expects et to hold, theyll gain rating.

double teaming a particular server is a great way to make them have a lower ppt than expected, and if all 3 servers are about equal then its gonna be really hard to fight a 2v1 instead of a 1v1v1. but seriously, one tower does not have more value than another, theyre all 10 ppt.

Its a combination. I could show you, but this isn’t the place to do that. If you would like, just whisper me in-game.

Unless they’ve changed something recently that I do not know about.

in Match-ups

subcrazy.1098

In the end pts mean nothing in this game so go out there and just have fun.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Match-ups

Posted by: Skarloc.2569

Skarloc.2569

lol. you guys are mean. i bet every single grammar stickler is twitching right now reading this thread. XD

^

[PAXA] Skarllok – 80 Mesmer/ Skarrlloc – 80 Guardian
[FUN] [FUN II] [Jonathan Taylor Thomas] – DAoC, WoW, WAR

in Match-ups

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

nothing has changed.

double teaming green results in larger ratings gains because they are expected to be able to hold a higher ppt than the other 2 servers to maintain their higher rating… there is no such thing as getting more out of a certain tower.

sure you can just say go double team green cuz the highest place has farther to fall… but ranking depends on the score at the end of the week only, which depends on ppt, yaks, and sentries… and not whos tower isnt whos.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Match-ups

Darek.1836

lol is there a direct ratio to the amount of players and the lack of skill on a server? Im destroying everyone 1v1 on henge right now and winning most 2v1’s.. at least until theyre 10 man group of backup that have nothing better to do show up or someone mans the 10 arrow carts and 5 cannons lol

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Woodycooks.7152

Woodycooks.7152

Hey HoD, I forgot to give you guys a shoutout from… last night? This weekend? Things are blurry, yo. But I saw three or four of you running around with ruminant tonics, and it cracked me up. Especially when you all converged on a buddy of mine like you were eating his dead body. I love this silly stuff.

Hey, i recognize that!

that was Lyra, Ark, and myself. We have been running around with ruminic tonics a lot lately. Funny how a group of 5 will just run instead of fight when they see 5 Yak in formation getting ready for a YAK ATTACK!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runamok.9638

Runamok.9638

Dear HoD and ET – if you meet each other on our FC turf, would you kindly exterminate one another, rather than both attack us in perfect unison?

(this was the 5th case this day – here ET defended, HoD attacked us and then went to capture Titan camp and some other stuff)

In any case, we got both, but it was rather fun to watch

We had a nice line dance going at the front of the tower. A shot of that would have been more fun. It was just random mischief. We just happened to walk by and go “ohhh paper tower, put down a ram.”

One Angry Brotha — Stafro Elementalist
Once in a While Mediocre Commander
#ETSummer2014BandWagon

in Match-ups

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

lol is there a direct ratio to the amount of players and the lack of skill on a server? Im destroying everyone 1v1 on henge right now and winning most 2v1’s.. at least until theyre 10 man group of backup that have nothing better to do show up or someone mans the 10 arrow carts and 5 cannons lol

That’s amazing. I never realized that guardian’s would be durable enough to handle that. I’m literally amazed.

You should be a little more modest about how amazing you are. If anyone has the right to be boastful it’s certain guilds in ET that are highly coordinated and always a gracious fight. Much more enjoyable than someone trying to stroke his own ego.

Fun week so far ~

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runamok.9638

Runamok.9638

The fight at Veloka against the 50+ HoD was fun today. Continually destroying your siege was priceless. I must have taken out 30 pieces of siege with my 2 catas and 1 arrow cart. I was wondering if you were ever going to figure out what you needed to do to take Veloka. Eventually you half did it, but left your treb open for me to back door it pornstar style with a small group of ET stars who listened. If we had any supply/camps to get up a treb up you would have never taken it. Next time I won’t waste supply on the catas.

I wish ET would have taken out that treb at Mendons…we might have saved OL. kitten militia, great fighting tho.

One Angry Brotha — Stafro Elementalist
Once in a While Mediocre Commander
#ETSummer2014BandWagon

in Match-ups

Posted by: Floofs.3574

Floofs.3574

It took you this long to realize that?

Gurrrrrlllllll- The red-haired Sylvari Mesmer you keep killing.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wakafanykai.1537

Wakafanykai.1537

Score update please?
Edit: Now http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups gives live updates. Now screenshots of the scores are just for looks :P

Bjorn Jacobson (80, Condi-nado Engineer)
Journey’s Edge[EDGE]
Feuguson’s Crossing

(edited by Wakafanykai.1537)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Linanthony.1809

Linanthony.1809

Oh my gosh! A Guardian that can win most 1v1 and 1v2 fights! Oh wow! That’s unheard of! Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow! Can you please elaborate more with a complete build guide and a set of videos that I could go on so I can also 1v1 and 1v2 most people!? Oh jolly goodie! Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

Also ET, keep pushing! You have a chance to secure Blue next week, just get a few thousand on FC! Think of all the map completions, that’s what HoD did in T7 ;0

Genesis Theory [GT]

(edited by Linanthony.1809)

in Match-ups

Bllade.1029

Oh my gosh! A Guardian that can win most 1v1 and 1v2 fights! Oh wow! That’s unheard of! Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow! Can you please elaborate more with a complete build guide and a set of videos that I could go on so I can also 1v1 and 1v2 most people!? Oh jolly goodie! Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

Also ET, keep pushing! You have a chance to secure Blue next week, just get a few thousand on FC! Think of all the map completions, that’s what HoD did in T7 ;0

Rofl. Alright that was funny.

in Match-ups

Sinester.3572

Great fight at the keep ET u really hold it for awhile there :P it was fun now go capture all our stuff while we sleep xD

HOD Comander

in Match-ups

Darek.1836

maybe I should just delete that post

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

This WvW session has been really fun. BTW I love running around in my group while using our ruminant tonics and chasing down people as yaks/moose(mooses? meese?)/goats. It’s always fun to see if they run away or play with us or just murder us.

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Great fight at EB, HoD!

I even checked the watch when HoD captured Langor, it was more than 20 minutes of fight with HoD pushing ET back to Langor and ET defending it. Eventually we lost the tower due to our lesser number plus the Valley defense and supply. But I’m sure we all had fun.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

Dear ET,

Sincerely,

HoD

Dear VLK guild of HoD, its very fun to constantly wipe your guildies, as they tend to make for almost decent warmups. ;P I’m a mean one…..what was that guys name again? lol

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

in Match-ups

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

Also From now on can we not do these stupid Q&A threads, its not helping anyone get constant score updates and its much easier to just sift through the posts without it. Please and thank you.

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silas Drake.8946

Silas Drake.8946

Phorfiet - HoD O|O