T8: 5/17/13: FC/ HoD/ ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

This thread is more entertaining then the match up.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

I would hate to repeat myself so instead I will quote!

I have decided that this thread is now about how FC, ET, and HoD should just be bestest friends forever because the forum drama is no fun.

I think the first step towards best frienditude is a nice meeting at SM on reset! We should party just above the lords room because it looks nice. We can set up a few platters of food, some communal boost fires and some banner buffs. We can party all night long while everyone who wants to fight can stand outside in the cold.

Thoughts?

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Match-ups

Posted by: subcrazy.1098

subcrazy.1098

I have decided that this thread is now about how FC, ET, and HoD should just be bestest friends forever because the forum drama is no fun.

I think the first step towards best frienditude is a nice meeting at SM on reset! We should party just above the lords room because it looks nice. We can set up a few platters of food, some communal boost fires and some banner buffs. We can party all night long while everyone who wants to fight can stand outside in the cold.

Thoughts?

Who is this guy? Is he still talking. Lol :p
I’m kidding around.

LavaFluxx – Ele
Ankle Bitër – Necro – Paxa
Necro and Ele small man videos:Necro/Ele Videos

in Match-ups

Ynot.8397

Thoughts?

Who is this guy? Is he still talking. Lol :p
I’m kidding around.

So, thoughts on being bestest buds?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

All I have to say is that PAXA should start attacking human necros last in group fights. I want to run my glassy solo/dueling build but they focus fire me…. how can I run glassy if they are going to focus fire me?

I think everyone would agree that PAXA should target the guardian or mes these are harder to kill, it would make perfect sense to start on them first.

Thanks

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Match-ups

subcrazy.1098

All I have to say is that PAXA should start attacking human necros last in group fights. I want to run my glassy solo/dueling build but they focus fire me…. how can I run glassy if they are going to focus fire me?

I think everyone would agree that PAXA should target the guardian or mes these are harder to kill, it would make perfect sense to start on them first.

Thanks

I feel your pain man.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Match-ups

Posted by: SuicideByTaco.5408

SuicideByTaco.5408

This update is not so obsolete

Attachments:

HoD Ninja Commander
ASTC
Dementess 80 Mesmer/ Payneless 80 guardian/ Nhymphess 80 thief/ Enamoress 80 ele

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

Sooooooo still miss HoD?

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in Match-ups

Posted by: BlUeMoNsTeR.7145

BlUeMoNsTeR.7145

Sooooooo still miss HoD?

Actually we on FC do miss HoD. We miss the HoD that came down to T8 not the HoD that uses 2 trillion arrow carts on every tower, the HoD that didn’t count only on numbers but skill level. So to sum it up, yeah we miss you, the version of you that was fun to fight.

80 Ele Fire Cryer 80 Thief Deathlyblade 80 Necro Pale Three
Long time MAV member FC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Havvik Nightseeker.3485

Havvik Nightseeker.3485

was a pleasure playing in fc bl tonight =). from beginning to end. LK had a lot of fun and enjoy the fights. keep it up FC.

[Wake] main driver/GL

in Match-ups

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

Sooooooo still miss HoD?

Actually we on FC do miss HoD. We miss the HoD that came down to T8 not the HoD that uses 2 trillion arrow carts on every tower, the HoD that didn’t count only on numbers but skill level. So to sum it up, yeah we miss you, the version of you that was fun to fight.

amen

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hematuria.4051

Hematuria.4051

Sooooooo still miss HoD?

getting booted to T8 and then bragging is like tatas on a bull.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pod.2769

Pod.2769

Sooooooo still miss HoD?

Just glad you guys are done playing possum. How was Southsun?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Cheers to BS and Deth for giving us some good goes. Was some good old school backyard brawlin tnite. DAOC DAYS!

PAXA -GM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hematuria.4051

Hematuria.4051

Is it time to claim that ET and HoD are using a super-secret alliance against FC? haha

in Match-ups

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

ET, what is going on here? lol.

Attachments:

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: limbeurt.9642

limbeurt.9642

I remember not so long ago a few Henges were claiming here that their server had the worst off-hours coverage of all…

‘least you have the good ol’ 5am EST peak going out for you eh?

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Sooooooo still miss HoD?

Let me tell you a fun fact about your server, and this is coming from the bottom of my heart.

Your prime time zerg. Is kittening massive. I think that zerg you guys run in EB (And im talking about FC) is larger than even when I was on Darkhaven.

Since our prime times seem to be different on the weekdays, I bet you can guess why we build arrow carts in our towers.

So i’m having a hard time understanding how you expect HoD to man up and show some skill, when there’s atleast 35+ of you knocking on our door, and 10 of us in our tower. Since ArenaNet made large masses of people easy mode, not really a whole lot that few can do against those odds.

Now if HoD and FC both have their primetime zergs running around, that’s a different story.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

in Match-ups

Bllade.1029

I remember not so long ago a few Henges were claiming here that their server had the worst off-hours coverage of all…

‘least you have the good ol’ 5am EST peak going out for you eh?

Two words for you. Summer. Vacation.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runamok.9638

Runamok.9638

If I had 5s for everytime I have watched PAXA jump a random straggler in WvW or the forums I would have Commander Tags on all my characters. Unparalleled skills abound. You bring a lot to WvW gameplay. The constant chest thumping and trolling on forums always makes my LOL tho. Keep up the good work. I enjoy reading the same posts over and over each match-up thread.

One Angry Brotha — Stafro Elementalist
Once in a While Mediocre Commander
#ETSummer2014BandWagon

in Match-ups

Posted by: SuicideByTaco.5408

SuicideByTaco.5408

haha I was there!

But anyways srry bout last night ET I was really focused on painting FC’s side of EB blue but then …oooooohhhhh no u just had to do it!…. u took my umber…. MY UMBER!!! nobody does that NOBODY! so I decided to paint ur side blue… twice >> also ty for the great work last night my fellow Hondor nighties we did great lets keep it up ^^

HoD Ninja Commander
ASTC
Dementess 80 Mesmer/ Payneless 80 guardian/ Nhymphess 80 thief/ Enamoress 80 ele

in Match-ups

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

Sooooooo still miss HoD?

omglol i wish i could +1 this about a dozen times~

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Scleameth.6809

Scleameth.6809

Sooooooo still miss HoD?

Let me tell you a fun fact about your server, and this is coming from the bottom of my heart.

Your prime time zerg. Is kittening massive. I think that zerg you guys run in EB (And im talking about FC) is larger than even when I was on Darkhaven.

Since our prime times seem to be different on the weekdays, I bet you can guess why we build arrow carts in our towers.

So i’m having a hard time understanding how you expect HoD to man up and show some skill, when there’s atleast 35+ of you knocking on our door, and 10 of us in our tower. Since ArenaNet made large masses of people easy mode, not really a whole lot that few can do against those odds.

Now if HoD and FC both have their primetime zergs running around, that’s a different story.

When you have this for forces and you still need to build arrow carts, it’s not manpower you are compensating for.

And I’m yet to witness that FC zerg size. I think you have a few of our commanders to thank – They act as 4 players each … And Linda is a mesmer so that counts as 10.

FC – [SNKY]
Keep the Faith (and stay out of AC fire)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Linkisdead.9647

Linkisdead.9647

I don’t understand why you’re complaining about PAXA ganking soloers in a PVP setting. Us in KoM do it as well. I don’t see the problem as we’re routinely fighting against the same odds.

Why? Its PVP. I must be playing a different game than you because we’re not seeing any of you guys hesitating to zerg us down with your massive blob.

We’ll stop taking advantage of numbers when you do.

Sig
[sYn] Borlis Pass

in Match-ups

Jscull.2514

If I had 5s for everytime I have watched PAXA jump a random straggler in WvW or the forums I would have Commander Tags on all my characters. Unparalleled skills abound. You bring a lot to WvW gameplay. The constant chest thumping and trolling on forums always makes my LOL tho. Keep up the good work. I enjoy reading the same posts over and over each match-up thread.

Since playing gw2 I’ve discovered just how many truely new players to player vs player open world environments there are here. Sometimes it’s baffling seeing as its a 15 year old mmo platform. That is why I won’t hound you right now for having your perspective…. The answer is you and 90% of gw2 are not used to what we do in mmo’s. That’s ok, I’ll help you get a better perspective:
1. We log on with every intention of grouping up and heading straight to pvp.
2. Our entire focus is kill what’s red.
3. We focus on killing as many people as possible with the greatest efficiency.
4. Run a core same 5 guys to build synergy.
5. Give credit to teams engaged and focused like we are.
6. AVOID our own adds as we do not want any excuses for why we won other than our own groups play (that’s a new concept to over 3/4’s of the games population.
7. Drive with the intention of best positioning our 5 for a solid quick strike, with an exit strategy when it gets 3-4x our number.
8. Do it every night because going 30-1 or 60-1 kill to death ratio is what we compete for.

I hope this paints a better picture for you so you don’t just think we are ganging up on the back peddling solo ranger. He was simply in our sights and in our way.

PAXA -GM

in Match-ups

Havvik Nightseeker.3485

there is a lot of work that goes into making synergy like PAXA work. i know because im trying to make it work with 20-30 man zergs.

making synergy like PAXA’s group is not easy, nor is it really for everyone to fully understand. it takes a lot of time to find the correct builds, get to know your groups strength and weaknesses etc etc etc. its why they can kill 20-25 with their 5 man group. does it mean its a cake walk for them? no im sure they pick those outmanned fights with a lot of scrutiny, BUT its what i aspire my guild to be synergy wise but on a larger scale (not a PAXA copycat. since small man/large man tactics are different, but you get my point).

last night LK killed a 30-40 pug man zerg with 10 people after they wiped about 6 of us. why? because we are building that survivability and synergy. are we the best? no way not even close, but we are working on it. so i have the fullest respect for PAXA and what they have achieved

yeah they troll a lot. but honestly all of you are very easy troll bait, and i find it tempting to do it myself. so drop it and just enjoy the match.

unless you all want to just complain about arrowcarts again?

[Wake] main driver/GL

in Match-ups

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

^Arrow carts are sooo OP……. I personally rarely run into PAXA, and the few times I’ve fought some of you, 3 of you just bursted me down as fast as you can while i was fighting one of you that was off by their own. Now I’m not a fan of small groups doing that, because if I kill your friend you can just pick them up afterwards because if I’m roaming, I’m not looking to fight 1v4 so I’ll back off but I do think it shows a lack of class when 5 people gang up on 1 roamer. 5v1 isn’t even remotely a fair fight and for “PvPers” as you claim to be, you shouldn’t be interested in those odds anymore than that 1 roamer is. That’s just my thought, but if you guys are just there to rack up the kills by grouping up and being a tight nit group with synergy, fine play the game you payed for the way you want. Thats your right after all.

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

in Match-ups

Devon.9061

Sooooooo still miss HoD?

I’m not really bragging. Im just stating last week a separate forums was started asking “Where did HoD go?” We took one hiatus and the forums exploded with FC and ET thinking they just won the Superbowl or something. It T8 if you know me I could care less about winning or losing. I’m one of the VLK thieves that runs toward the 1v5+ not really expecting to win but to have fun. I was jut simply stating what everyone was thinking on HoD, where are those forum warriors now? I thought I would bring them back for you guys.

On another note.. ACs… Evil little things, but I would like to point out everyone uses them. I have snuck into FC and ET towers after we knocked the walls down or something and have seen a butt load of ACs and Ballistas. Klovan two days ago had (if my memory serve correctly) Two ballistas, and around 5 AC. Getting by that open gap without dying was an accomplishment for me.

Now the numbers, I personally am not a fan of zerging. I try to stay with VLK and when I can. We do have a bigger time coverage now most of our college students are on break. The thing is we also know how to use them. We don’t just pick one map and que up there, we hit other BLs as well. And that FC zerg yesterday outside SM, Holy Batman. I was told it was an organized zerg vs zerg but when I came I think we were outnumbered 3:1. It was suppose to be a no siege fight by what I was told (we can see how that went by the end of it I think Lowlands and SM had more siege at the front gate then we started with).

Anyways this is the longest post I have ever done on any forums. Yada yada. I’m going to return to reading them when I get bored and need a laugh. Tootles.

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runamok.9638

Runamok.9638

I play WvW. If I wanted to PvP I would go play in that sandbox. This is large scale war fare, World vs. World with objectives and strategy. I don’t go take troops to go kill stragglers. I try to stop them from doing it, not that many of them bother to listen. It’s a waste of resources and takes away from our goal at hand. Don’t get me wrong, I am all about the fights. I fight with with an actual purpose in mind. Not to just jack some random kid for lunch money because he happened to be in my way. I don’t play this game like a punk kitten.

One Angry Brotha — Stafro Elementalist
Once in a While Mediocre Commander
#ETSummer2014BandWagon

in Match-ups

Bllade.1029

Sooooooo still miss HoD?

When you have this for forces and you still need to build arrow carts, it’s not manpower you are compensating for.

Poor ET. I’d like to believe that you guys wouldn’t do the same thing if we were in your shoes.

Unfortunately, it only takes one person to put down an arrow cart. And 3 to build it, and 3 peoples actions shouldn’t condemn an entire server.

Ask FC about their members last tuesday on our side of EB, they’ll tell you all about Arrow cart spawn camping, treb camping, balista camping, and cannon camping.

What goes around, certainly comes around.

in Match-ups

Havvik Nightseeker.3485

I play WvW. If I wanted to PvP I would go play in that sandbox. This is large scale war fare, World vs. World with objectives and strategy. I don’t go take troops to go kill stragglers. I try to stop them from doing it, not that many of them bother to listen. It’s a waste of resources and takes away from our goal at hand. Don’t get me wrong, I am all about the fights. I fight with with an actual purpose in mind. Not to just jack some random kid for lunch money because he happened to be in my way. I don’t play this game like a punk kitten.

Well there is multiple ways to look at WvW. since WvW is technically still PvP (since it is players killing players) but with a more strategic twist to it.

you can find victory in either your server having the most PTP (potential points) and ending up first place in your tier.

or you can find victory in finding the best fights and being the best in the server/tier as far as combat is concerned, being unkillable as it were.

usually both come hand in hand. unless your facing an empty borderland and can just pvdoor away your going to need to be somewhat efficent in combat. also a lot of larger groups use keeps as staging areas for farming/warm ups for when they go roaming (camps for small groups)

so its really how u find pleasure in WvW. personally i find being better at combat much more enjoyable and fun then just hitting a door with a ram. but that’s my taste

[Wake] main driver/GL

in Match-ups

Devon.9061

On a totally unrelated note.. I like pie… Who else like pie?

Attachments:

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in Match-ups

Jscull.2514

I think my last post was the most diplomatic of all time from me. Last time I’m giving you that respect. It’s called wvw, because you’re new you take it ultra literally. It’s an open world tri-faction platform that for the most part is open to do what groups feel like doing. Please don’t try to tell me we play the game wrong because we don’t sit on arrow carts on walls trying to “deter” some Zerg of new to moderately new players. To us that’s like getting a toothbrush in the eye.

Our objective my friend is to smOke whoever we see with as few deaths as possible. Just because this play style is a new concept to most of you, does NOT mean its new to the mmo industry.

PAXA -GM

in Match-ups

Ynot.8397

To us that’s like getting a toothbrush in the eye.

A toothbrush with or without toothpaste?!?! Also, what side of the toothbrush? I imagine that one end is fine while the bristles hurt like hell. IS it an electric toothbrush? IF so, turning that electric toothbrush on while it is in your eye would really hurt.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Geoski.1407

Geoski.1407

Just to make sure, fightnight(dueling) are on thursday nights on HoD behind windmill right?

Lil Homie, Asura Guardian
Check [Mate] | Darkhaven
“When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself”

(edited by Geoski.1407)

in Match-ups

Ynot.8397

Just to make sure, fightnight(dueling) are on thursday nights on HoD behind windmill right?

-lil homie[BS] (asura guardian)

I think it is always on the green border, so FC this week.

in Match-ups

Bllade.1029

-lil homie[BS] (asura guardian)

I think it is always on the green border, so FC this week.

Green Borderland, Behind windmill 7pm EST.

in Match-ups

subcrazy.1098

^Arrow carts are sooo OP……. I personally rarely run into PAXA, and the few times I’ve fought some of you, 3 of you just bursted me down as fast as you can while i was fighting one of you that was off by their own. Now I’m not a fan of small groups doing that, because if I kill your friend you can just pick them up afterwards because if I’m roaming, I’m not looking to fight 1v4 so I’ll back off but I do think it shows a lack of class when 5 people gang up on 1 roamer. 5v1 isn’t even remotely a fair fight and for “PvPers” as you claim to be, you shouldn’t be interested in those odds anymore than that 1 roamer is. That’s just my thought, but if you guys are just there to rack up the kills by grouping up and being a tight nit group with synergy, fine play the game you payed for the way you want. Thats your right after all.

So I guess when its 30+ on 5 of us, this shows a lack of class on all 30+ players according to your logic.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

Since playing gw2 I’ve discovered just how many truely new players to player vs player open world environments there are here. Sometimes it’s baffling seeing as its a 15 year old mmo platform. That is why I won’t hound you right now for having your perspective…. The answer is you and 90% of gw2 are not used to what we do in mmo’s. That’s ok, I’ll help you get a better perspective:
1. We log on with every intention of grouping up and heading straight to pvp.
2. Our entire focus is kill what’s red.
3. We focus on killing as many people as possible with the greatest efficiency.
4. Run a core same 5 guys to build synergy.
5. Give credit to teams engaged and focused like we are.
6. AVOID our own adds as we do not want any excuses for why we won other than our own groups play (that’s a new concept to over 3/4’s of the games population.
7. Drive with the intention of best positioning our 5 for a solid quick strike, with an exit strategy when it gets 3-4x our number.
8. Do it every night because going 30-1 or 60-1 kill to death ratio is what we compete for.

I hope this paints a better picture for you so you don’t just think we are ganging up on the back peddling solo ranger. He was simply in our sights and in our way.

Thank you, but this post makes it pretty clear that.. ganging up on the backpedaling ranger is exactly what you do.. and you made it pretty clear by this post, that is the ONLY thing you do.

Meh. I have seen first hand what T1 and T2 roamer groups are like.. and after facing PAXA, yah. You fit well into T8. Welcome to the community.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

(edited by Ungood.3054)

in Match-ups

Ungood.3054

Personally, I laugh my butt off when I read about people want 5 man groups. or small man groups, but don’t sPvP, they go to wvw. I mean really, Anet builds an entire system just for small group battles and people run off to WvW wanting small group battles? What the? Seriously, like What the?

I mean if they were talking “small group battles” to mean 20 vs 20, like they do on the upper tiers, then I could see where they are coming from, guilds like Agg, and VK, now moved up to where they belong, were “small group” but, they were still in the 10 – 15 range for a “small group” which is way too large for sPvP, but when you see people go Oh we do 5 man small groups" for WvW you have got to question why, and the only real answer you can come up with, is their small group can’t really handle other small groups like sPvP teams that do the same thing. So they go to WvW to kill the random soloer and feel all mighty about themselves. And we are supposed to do anything more then laugh and sigh at this kind of antic.

Meh, anyway, no big either way, They need to camp a soloer because that is all they can handle, then that is.. what is.

(edited by Ungood.3054)

in Match-ups

Ungood.3054

Sooooooo still miss HoD?

I’m not really bragging. Im just stating last week a separate forums was started asking “Where did HoD go?”

I know right… -face palm-

in Match-ups

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

So I guess when its 30+ on 5 of us, this shows a lack of class on all 30+ players according to your logic.

That depends on whether you choose to engage really. If you attack 30+ with 5 then that’s on you regardless of the outcome, but 5v1 is different than 25vs5 as I’m sure those 25+ didn’t sneak up on you. How could they unless you were afk?. My post is directed at a small group of 5 attacking one roamer as a group, not at small groups trying to take out big groups. If you disagree thakitten shows a lack of class for 5 to gang up on 1, then that’s your right. It’s a free country where I live, how about you? As for your broad generalization of “my logic”, i’ll just chalk that up to you being an angry child, since that’s how you felt was best to respond to me. Just tellin it how I see it, lol.

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

in Match-ups

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

FC & ET guys insult their own small man teams when they insult PAXA. there are teams on all 3 of our servers that are very capable of doing these things with 5 or less players, and that go out and do it nearly every day.

i don’t understand why people put PAXA down.

i really don’t.

they do what they do very well. they are as likely to jump the solo guy as they are to jump in a supply camp with 20+ people standing there unaware of what’s about to land on their head. <- seen that a few times, and it’s pretty hilarious.

if everyone that got ganked by more than even numbers came on here and cried about it …. kitten … we’d need a separate server for each match-up thread to handle the qq’ing.

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

in Match-ups

subcrazy.1098

That depends on whether you choose to engage really. If you attack 30+ with 5 then that’s on you regardless of the outcome, but 5v1 is different than 25vs5 as I’m sure those 25+ didn’t sneak up on you. How could they unless you were afk?. My post is directed at a small group of 5 attacking one roamer as a group, not at small groups trying to take out big groups. If you disagree thakitten shows a lack of class for 5 to gang up on 1, then that’s your right. It’s a free country where I live, how about you? As for your broad generalization of “my logic”, i’ll just chalk that up to you being an angry child, since that’s how you felt was best to respond to me. Just tellin it how I see it, lol.

I love how ppl make rules when it applies to them only. But when its reversed they back pedal, and change there rules again. What If we don’t have a choice and still see them coming. U have a choice as well when u see 5. Or is our choice different I need to know all the rules u play by so I can answer correctly.

Again the original post was because someone called us out and ppl got kitten by the video. None of this would of even started if no one said a thing about us. I love also how start name calling or assuming things with angry child comment. Grow up.

LavaFluxx – Ele

(edited by subcrazy.1098)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Flappybob.1950

Flappybob.1950

Sooooooo still miss HoD?

[Mend] and I were the 10 people in that keep holding you off Overlook for an hour before we got reinforcements to bump you out, you easily had 30+ if not 40+. You shouldn’t be complaining about numbers, we both had equal numbers on the map at the time you were swarming our keep(When the dps on our gate was equal to two rams, and we only kept it up by having 5 people running supply constantly with portals for speed). The difference was that all our numbers were down in the FC corner while about 10 people worked on holding the keep against your swarm. The numbers were the same, the locations were different. Also this was during prime-time, not a good example of off hour times that some of HoD is referencing here.

BTW good fight at gari, it was so intense having that inner gate drop the way it did and then stopping at 5% when our supply hit it. Thanks for coming out to play!

Commander Admiral Lord Flappy – [Mend]
Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

Ungood.3054

Sooooooo still miss HoD?

[Mend] and I were the 10 people in that keep holding you off Overlook for an hour before we got reinforcements to bump you out, you easily had 30+ if not 40+.

I was there for the Keep, and while I am sure it felt like we had 40 people on the ground, the reality is we only had around 20ish, and, well, I feel happy that you think 20 and change ET pug players are as impressive as 40 HoD [Mend] on even footing.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silas Drake.8946

Silas Drake.8946

A lot of fish memory around here. Also tissues are cheap, you can get in line behind Houdini if all you’re gonna do is cry. God clammit people its a game. Get some friends (pay people gold to pretend if you have too) and go have fun.

@Devon I like pie.

Buncha Billy goats.

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

in Match-ups

Posted by: imagangsta.1349

imagangsta.1349

We like to throw rams randomly and build them up, so that if it doesn’t hit the gate we get the pleasure of gate punching.

Crystal Desert Kingswood Brotherhood [KWBH]
Percivel: Guardian, Vayne Silverjaw: Warrior, Varon Aren: Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

Small 5 man strike teams are quite useful in WvWvW other than jsut “punking” some straggler.
I’ve been pummeled by PAXA on a few occasions, trying to catch up to my group or responding to a supply camp that has been flipped. My fault for not being in a huge zerg when coming across them? Not really, although I have joined many a zerg I am of the mind that PAXA has it completely correct.
Their 5 mans flip camps as well as decimating loners, small groups and their outmanned targets alike.
While I see many people pushing all the time to take SM for that chest thumping feeling, its the server holding 13- 14 supply camps that always catches my attention and makes me think…there’s where all the points are wracking up from. A mere 7 enemy camps will balance out any SM gain with less cost to siege and repair.
Also PAXA flipping a camp always baits 2 – 3 puggers (knowledge from personal experience) who think “hey we can flip that back pretty quick and move on”, but nope, there’s PAXA. Maybe I can take out that straggler….jump. BAM, crap there’s the rest of them.
Covering your teammates flank is what teamwork is about, not letting some loner like myself go one on one in a World domination environment.
I applaud PAXA and quite frankly wish I had the patience and resources to be in a similar group. I blame being married and having a 16mo old who demand my time and can pull me away from the game at a moments notice :-)

Edit: Why are people kittening about a 5 man group jumping a soloer anyway? This is WvW, a med to large group environment according to a lot of the posts Im reading. Why are you running around SOLO anyways?
It sounds like people just want to assign blame to their own failings.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

(edited by Daemonne.5018)

in Match-ups

Ungood.3054

FC & ET guys insult their own small man teams when they insult PAXA. there are teams on all 3 of our servers that are very capable of doing these things with 5 or less players, and that go out and do it nearly every day.

i don’t understand why people put PAXA down.

i really don’t.

Allow me to explain.

While other teams move about the maps, they are moving from Objective to Objective , IE: Looking to claim or defend Camps, Keeps, Towers, to win or secure points for their side and thus ensure Victory for their server. Fighting and engaging players other players is a secondary concern, or a course hazard if you will.

If these groups overrun or kill a single player, it was a case of wrong place, wrong time for that player, and I’ll admit, I have felt bad about steamrolling some player as they come out of a camp while we are moving towards it to claim it, but none the less, the player was in our path, and thus they were killed. But in the end of things, that was not the groups intent to gank that player, that was not why they went out to fight that day, or why they play WvW. Their goal is to claim points for their side via objective holding and capping.

Then, you have PAXA that goes out just looking to gank players.

We had a guild here on ET, called Agg, (They transferred down to T8) they were a 10 – 15 man guild that would Zerg Hunt, they did what Paxa tries to do. They would go out with their small group and fight zergs 4 to 5 times their size, and win. Now Agg moved up to where they belong again, because T8 was not really a challenge for them, so, if PAXA thinks they are anywhere near efficient of even good because they can gank players on T8.. Ummm.. well..

I think this sums it up quite nicely.