T9 : Vabbi - FoW - RoF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.4360

Chris.4360

I really dont call sitting in invulnerable areas dedication, i call that trying to get cheap kills. Maybe if these people that sit in these areas ventured out then we’d get a bit more of a fight out of this week. And everything isnt upgraded, leave your safe zones you might see that

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luna.3256

Luna.3256

To be fair FoW and Vabbi are where they deserve to be seeing as their only tactic is to hide in their little invincible areas and attack at range or just stand there even when they outnumber us, pathetic really and no wonder they are a joke.

I genuinely can’t remember the last time a group of Vabbi outnumbered a group of anyone other than Fissure. Either way, these sort of “tactics” are employed by players on all servers, dare I even say that players on RoF do it too. I know, it’s shocking to hear!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jamo.2367

Jamo.2367

I really dont call sitting in invulnerable areas dedication, i call that trying to get cheap kills. Maybe if these people that sit in these areas ventured out then we’d get a bit more of a fight out of this week. And everything isnt upgraded, leave your safe zones you might see that

I call joining wvw at all dedicated and thank you so much for giving us our break out towers! we really appreciate it <3 I’m guessing you died once too this and are so mad, we die 100s of times vs you guys fighting 40vs10~ and we don’t have a teenage tantrum like you Grow up

Ix Jamo – Back on vabbi!
[LNA] Luna Eclipse
[BNA] Banana Eclipse

in Match-ups

Posted by: Trick.9370

Trick.9370

Joining wvw in the first place is dedication made me laugh Thanks for letting us cap some towers so we can simulate some wvw gameplay even though we know we will loose anyway. Im not sure what our dedication is tbh… Does anyone know?

Xcefior – dd ele
All alone in space and time.
There’s nothing here but whats here is mine.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Revanought Lord.9532

Revanought Lord.9532

I am not very sensitive at all in actual fact. I just don’t want this thread reduced to a flame war, where I have to endlessly search through spam to find anything relevant.

I have been fighting for FoW since pre-release, I have seen it all but I start to tire of zerg vs me. I will however continue to fight on and command where I see fit for the good of our server

oh and if people are sitting in the invincible area killing you, next time be smart enough to stay out of range :P

Reaper Of Kane-(Former)Engineer Commander
“Evil flowers steadily bloom, with an array of bloodied doom”

(edited by Revanought Lord.9532)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Royce Melborn.3276

Royce Melborn.3276

It seems, revanought lord, that you are too sensitive, i was just pointing out the bad sportmanship and cowardice of certain players when to be honest if the 7 rushed us we would of had a good fight but they would of won. No names called just disappointment in some really underhand tactics. Or maybe you are trying to start a fight here seeing as you cant do it in wvw

You know I made similar experiences with RoF player all week long. Ask my guildmates or other players on FoW. Even when I was soloing camps I met groups of 2 or 3 RoF players who just ran away until they met 5 more before facing me. Some players are just not good at PvP and when they see a “high” ranking WvW player they run off. No need to blame or even start insulting the whole server. There are black sheeps everywhere. Well, call me over-sensitive but I feel insulted by stuff like “No wonder FoW sucks so hard when they are all cowards”. So let’s all stay friends, we’ve made it this long and the weeks almost over!

Ruins of Surmia (EU)
[Jd] Jam Death
“Work, Hustle, Kill”

in Match-ups

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Hi guys.

Reading the past few comments it seems like what I came here for is being discussed already. I’m from RoF, and I know we outnumber you, and I know it sucks, but can you please stop finding invulnerable spots to place siege/attack us from? It’s becoming kind of annoying. I know you look out there and go wow there’s so many more of them no chance I’m jumping down, and that’s cool there’s other ways to get out. but building acs and ballistas or just having rangers barrage from invulnerable spots is just meh.

And back to RoF players running when outnumbered blah blah, you better believe we have our fair share of pvers in this week and a lot of regulars off so you definitely will see people running to npcs for protection lol. We can’t really stop everyone from running from fights :c.

Also why is FoW bl the laggiest map ever x.x?

Edit: I also forgot to mention, the invulnerable spots/more pvers this week are a very bad combo because no matter what they just stand there getting hammered and thinking why am I hitting 0’s!?!? no matter how much we tell them to stop.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

(edited by L Step.8659)

in Match-ups

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Does siege become invulnerable as well? If not we can clean that area with some siege of our own, can’t we?

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bratwa.6582

Bratwa.6582

WHAT! I did miss my daily drama :`(

Did i also miss some duels as well?! The following Attachment shows my reaction to that!

Attachments:

[TaG][PunK][II]guildless

in Match-ups

L Step.8659

Does siege become invulnerable as well? If not we can clean that area with some siege of our own, can’t we?

There’s a few spots where it does, and sometimes you’ll see 5 invulnerable stack on 1 ac so you can’t even destroy it :s

It’s mainly just some FoW doing this that I see, but I am on their bl more.

Best NA rallybot on EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: YuGiOh.4906

YuGiOh.4906

To be fair FoW and Vabbi are where they deserve to be seeing as their only tactic is to hide in their little invincible areas and attack at range or just stand there even when they outnumber us, pathetic really and no wonder they are a joke.

I’m not sure if you realise but vabbi doesn’t have a zerg, at most we can muster up is 30 players that rarely play WvW or even listen to commanders at the best of times. Its not bad commanding, its players not caring.

We usualy stick to the small roaming, of 5-10 players.

You want to know whats pathetic?

Both Fissure of Woe & Vabbi have had an increased amount of bots/hackers ever since RoF joined tier9, They sit in our Citadel & EB waypoints. On the fissure borderlands there is a continuous battle going on outside the map, in an area where we cant take screenshots as proof / report them.

I respect all the guilds on Fissure of Woe for holding out this long vs this madness. Well done! You’ve done your realm proud. Including the [Jd]‘s, [AKP]’s, [SAB]’s was fun fighting you lot all week.

For all the other vabbians that play WvW on a regular basis, thanks aswell! Vabbi would have been unbearable without this week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hamham.7504

Hamham.7504

I hope you won’t paint us all like that, and believe me I dislike seeing us run to the spawn to attack from. I like /siting in my towns clothes in our spawn where it spills over on the battlefield, but not much point in attacking anyone. Because you don’t really learn anything.
Saying that though, I’m not sure how we can get people to stop doing it. I’m guessing getting people to all attack somewhere else would help. I don’t really have much clout in that regards though, and people barely listen on a good day. Probably why 3 commanders hoped servers recently. :< /emoweep

Btw, there is a place you can jump into the enemy citadel I believe, and the other spawns you can stealth/use leaps to get past the legendary defenders.

Edit: I know you aren’t blaming all of us, just don’t think of us too harshly in the weeks to come. :>

Just how banana am I.

(edited by Hamham.7504)

in Match-ups

Posted by: biglilstampie.2410

biglilstampie.2410

can you please tell the people in this screen shot (the ones stood on the ledge) to jump in and have a fight we were fighting 3v3 maybe 3v4 i think someone might of been behind me, but these two were just sat on the ledge spamming us, i dont mind being outnumbered in fights but it annoys me when i cant do anything to attack them, so jump in and have some fun killing us ;P

Attachments:

Friendly neighborhood commander – [TaG]Mr Cuddlés – RoF

in Match-ups

Hamham.7504

You should stop killing us and empty your bag!

/thinks of the possibility of not picking loot up…
I’ve never really been in a situaton where I can spawn camp, but I’d say it would be best if you went further away and give them less chance to run. You have spirit so you’re very likely to have people to fight. Perhaps let them start taking the camp and the fight? No side will have npc’s then. I have, with a small goup, fought outside Blacktides spawn and it’s best to lure them into a false sense of safety.
Wait.
WAIT.
Don’t listen to me, I haven’t betrayed FoW!

;~;
Looking for a new server! Will not tell your opponents ways to kill you! Any takers!?

Just how banana am I.

in Match-ups

biglilstampie.2410

i always forget to empty my bags, bad habit of mine :P

yeah we ended up getting pushed back to the camp anyway and got over run but i think we but up a fight for a while, if any FoW see a big norn guardian from TaG running at you that would be me, i have a “don’t run away policy” and will sometimes jump into zergs just because i can :P

in Match-ups

Hamham.7504

The north camp is the safest to get to, so if you’re a small group expect lots.
Did I duel you the otherday perhaps? At the windmill in Vabbi BL. I’m a Charr guardian if that helps.

Norn men have the best /cry EVER. Earlier in the match you came across me near Stargrove, and did some emotes. Then you got zerged. xD But yeah, you did the cry emote there and I was laughing a bit too much at how great it looked.

Just how banana am I.

in Match-ups

biglilstampie.2410

Yeah i had a fight with you, i think we agreed on a draw though cause neither of us would die :P ah i think i remember that, i do the /cry emote a lot

in Match-ups

Posted by: nilkimas.8239

nilkimas.8239

Some of us Roffers are still there at the windmill in Vabbi ^^

Thief without a self-preservation instinct! ~Lydia

in Match-ups

Hamham.7504

That’s right. Most of my duels seemed to end up as draws, I don’t think I’m built for 1vs1 hehe. Maybe I should bring a different class for duels next time, but I feel like playing guardian… Serious problems here.

Edit ^Hope you’re having fun there!

Just how banana am I.

in Match-ups

nilkimas.8239

It’s kinda without opponents, hint hint xD

in Match-ups

Hamham.7504

Aww. :< I’m busy watching Teldo though. That guy has some APM!
Last night there was a duel thing outside woodhaven near the sentry, more high traffic than the windmill. Of course not all will understand duel rules, but might have better luck there. Hope you find some good fights!

Just how banana am I.

in Match-ups

nilkimas.8239

Also in the Vabbi BL?

in Match-ups

Hamham.7504

It was in FoW BL. Our western spawn tower. That’s like our first target always for some reason.

Just how banana am I.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

had some nice duels tonight, special thanks to the three [Tac] (yes tac, not tag). Were really nice guys, i enjoyed these fights till the end hoping to see more like these in the near future ( [akp] necro ).

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in Match-ups

Trick.9370

Also had some nice duels and for desert i got slammed into the ground by a group

Experienced also some lag on FoW bl and that makes fighting even harder. Now you are in fornt of the zerg pause aaaaaand dead… So, outnumbered and lag is even worse. I must think of that when there is no lag = good times on FoW bl!

You can siege the invulnerable area’s?? What is the point except keeping the zerg away from… ehm, nowhere, our spawn, homebase? Ah well, I still dont understand why they want to push us back into our homebase…

Hope that things will change a bit soon. Think RoF will have a better future then FoW/Vabbi. Maybe, maybe some more serious guilds/players will play on our server so we can balance the lower tier a bit. Or is there the possibility that an other server then FoW/Vabbi will be abandoned (wvw wise) so they are in the same position as us. Looks like we are one server short.

Xcefior – dd ele

in Match-ups

L Step.8659

It’s funny how carried away people get in WvW lol. me and my friends are in the random duel area just talking to some FoW and then you get all these try hards trying to kill people sitting and not fighting back :p

RoF has its fair share of people like this too, I’m usually embarassed by them though. Hopefully we can get some duels up there without people from both of our servers going AMG UP LEVELLED ENEMY ME CHASE WITH 5 PEOPLE TO KILL RAWRRR.

Best NA rallybot on EU

in Match-ups

Trick.9370

Classic moments but fun! Think I made a mistake last time. Was dueling RoF with 2 other FoW when i saw a group of maybe 12 FoW players closing in. I thought to go and warn them that we are dueling so they could leave us alone. As DD elementalist I went to air and spammed skill 1 to get there attention. Notice that they saw one FoW player behind me dueling in between a group of RoF and before I could spam “DUEL” in local chat they went in for the kill. I think they thought I was asking for help

Ah well..

Xcefior – dd ele

in Match-ups

biglilstampie.2410

FoW come back and play on EB i was having fun!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

I am very sorry about what happened just now in EB, to all the Vabbi attackers. I was so bored (I was the thief), me and the ele were building siege in your base(I wonder when the trick will get fixed), when we saw you enter. This made our reaction (because we were using team chat “wow, vabbis spawn? lol so many of them”) unfairly quick, for which I protested, but was ignored. Again, I am very sorry.

in Match-ups

biglilstampie.2410

Anet why did you leave Vabbi BL we were having fun!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jamo.2367

Jamo.2367

Vabbi, we had fun trying to break out of the BL. Too bad we got rolled. Next time, we’ll take it all back!

I think you doubled are “zerg” and also attracted the biggest RoF group i’ve seen :P maybe next time don’t make it so obvious! xD Thank you for coming though ^^

Ix Jamo – Back on vabbi!
[LNA] Luna Eclipse
[BNA] Banana Eclipse

in Match-ups

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

I think RoF numbers easily doubled or tripled when the news of anet on Vabbi bl were spread :P

Not sure about other guilds, but in TaG many ppl left their PvE stuff and jumped into WvW just to fight devs after shout in guild chat

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: judge.8754

judge.8754

There are way bigger RoF zergs then that. But when one saw the arenanet guildtag, it did drew some attention. ^^

Nice surprise though.

And there i was hoping you people would drop precursors

Mesmers Are Evil / Miss Judge WvW junky
Playing A Game [TaG]
Gunnars Hold

(edited by judge.8754)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Steeroth.9684

Steeroth.9684

XIII immediately jumped to Vabbi as soon as word of this got out xD
Too bad u guys didn’t stay around longer, I enjoyed fighting u ^^

Ênvy [eV]
Far Shiverpeaks EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shimdroid.2765

Shimdroid.2765

This week i decided to stay away from wvw, but couldnt resist to check every now and then to see if there was some action going on: seems like i had poor timing

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Dont take it wrong guys, but I hope we wont see Vabbi and FoW again.
But small scale fights were very funn with you. Cannot say week without zerging, because we were zerging this week, at least it should look like that to you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

oh it’s not only appearances :p i even get around 10 people to come each time i cap a camp, guess these guys feel very bored haha

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in Match-ups

Posted by: YuGiOh.4906

YuGiOh.4906

Vabbi, we had fun trying to break out of the BL. Too bad we got rolled. Next time, we’ll take it all back!

How long do you plan on staying in Vabbi? Because even if it does attract bigger zergs, we could always use the help!

in Match-ups

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

I play on the ros server and this is the first time i’ve played against vabbi & wof; I’m not sure what time the server reset happened (sometime during the early morning in my time zone). Get online this morning to discover ros dominated the entire internal battle grounds map and an hour later all four maps. Logged back in this afternoon and the whole scenario is about to repeat itself. This is no fun at all whether on the dominant side or the losing side; ros experienced the same treatment playing against millers sound. (also ironic how servers can lack numbers when not winning)
My thoughts are like other people’s; what is the point of having servers with minimal population where there are insufficient numbers of people to compete or they have no interest in competing?
Going to be a week to avoid world vs world. (two supply camps to capture = 100% control of all maps again).