The NA Silver League Thread

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kwizat.3165

Kwizat.3165

Apparently many have failed to realize that a lot of people on FA sandbagged the final two weeks of pre-season and “let” Mag take the final week to get out of Gold league and all the 100 man blob and skill lag crapola….

Anyway looking forward to good match ups…this week has been fun so far!

Those who thought SBI was the Silver power house are in for a surprise, FA has a ton of WvW guilds and should have good SEA coverage….

in Match-ups

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

^ No surprise

FA did lose a few guilds (and good ones at that) for the price to dominate though. As a current SBI native, we need more challenges without the squashing we would take from the Big 4 or the whole WvW scene would become stale.

But I’m really surprised that DB isn’t doing better in the FA/SBI/DB matchup. DB took some heavy hits in coverage but definitely can still swing the vote for FA or SBI with their EU coverage (based on the PPT leading during this time).

(edited by Artaz.3819)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Roquefort.4160

Roquefort.4160

clearly neither of you are on FA.
we wanted gold league. we went hard in the last week but we couldnt get it.
now our focus is rebuilding in silver league for 7 weeks, training up our pve’ers and taking back our spot in gold.

also, FA will win these leagues, and its not because of superior numbers. SBI and DB you guys have just as many as us. we just have more experience. been fighting t1 servers for months. i dont expect it to be easy, because every silver league server will be aiming at FA and SBI in every matchup.

anyways, good fights with sbi this week. you too DB when i found you, but i was focusing SBI haha. so far im enjoying silver league fights

Unreal Aussies [uA]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

So 2 out of 3 of the Silver League matches are not going as expected… could we be in for more of an interesting season than we thought?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Graft.1078

Graft.1078

I can’t wait for Friday. It’s gonna be so much fun.

I Might Stop – Os – NSP

#uncagebirdsong2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

I’m not someone who is a super WvW diehard fan, but if you’re gaming with the right people you can make just about anything fun. Sure NSP is the clear underdog here but I’ve still had a pretty good time so far and I’m sure the server will improve by the end of the season.

That is true. Rarely I was able to get that many kills/bags per night. This will be our easy week and it’s our best chance to get as many SM cap as we can for the meta.

On the PPT side of thing we are doing pretty good actually. Last time we faced CD our score was 77 000 at this point and we now have almost 100k.

Heiann – NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: uplevelednoob.2513

uplevelednoob.2513

[DR] can’t wait to fight all the guilds that all the Silver League Servers have to offer. We will see you guys on the battlefield and hope that we get some good fights!

-Maestro
Dragonriders [DR]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atreidies.6257

Atreidies.6257

FA did a huge push at the end of the week but mag would not let us have it.

We all QQ about it

[NV] Night Vision
Trick Trick Trick
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I would hate fighting for a server that purposely tanked their ratings so they could sneak into a lower tier, have some balls please.

in Match-ups

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

clearly neither of you are on FA.
we wanted gold league. we went hard in the last week but we couldnt get it.
now our focus is rebuilding in silver league for 7 weeks, training up our pve’ers and taking back our spot in gold.

also, FA will win these leagues, and its not because of superior numbers. SBI and DB you guys have just as many as us. we just have more experience. been fighting t1 servers for months. i dont expect it to be easy, because every silver league server will be aiming at FA and SBI in every matchup.

anyways, good fights with sbi this week. you too DB when i found you, but i was focusing SBI haha. so far im enjoying silver league fights

We have just as many as you do? You have 30+ defending every map at the moment and we can’t even manage to get a queue on any of them.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

also, FA will win these leagues, and its not because of superior numbers.

lol

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

(edited by Amurond.4590)

in Match-ups

Roquefort.4160

whoa whoa whoa guys. i said you have just as many players as us. i didnt say you organised them and got them into WvW and got them to stay there as well as us. where are the numbers you had 2 weeks ago when you rolled us?
this is 1 out of 2 weeks that ill push my guild as hard as i have in WvW, specifically because its sbi that we’re fighting.
so rally up your pve players, get them into WvW because this is the most important week for SBI and FA in silver league. they can relax a little more next week.

p.s. uA will be interested in GvG’s in the coming weeks. im not sure how many of you guys do GvG (dunno how much GvG there was in the lower tiers) but its a way to prove your players skill and teamwork, outside of the zerg/siege/ppt form of WvW you should all get into it

Unreal Aussies [uA]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dejavu.3264

Dejavu.3264

This week has been a lot of fun so far, especially SBI and DB assaulting our garrison at the same time!

[DPS]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

The level of ego in this thread.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

No offense dude, but this is what PvP is about.

Killing nerds and talking crap. If its red, its dead.

It may be a little different on NSP, but certain servers like FA go hardcore in WvW.

Despite what people think, we didn’t ask to be down here. SoS had a favorable and lucky matchup, and got the spot we deserve. Now they are at the bottom of Gold and will probably implode(again!).

BUT, that doesn’t mean we won’t be out facerolling. Most of these servers have “Very High” population, its not our fault you people want to kill Teq instead of other players.

Be forwarned, we are going to stomp everyone and talk crap.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

FA did seem to wake up once they got the 2nd wave of IoJ transfers (is IoJ your farm team or something?) and looked like Gold material; but that was after nearly 3 weeks of lackluster play. To be fair, it was probably really low morale after JQ kicked their teeth in and then getting no rest after they lost significant numbers.

I would call it unintentional sandbagging, a lot of people not logging in and giving it 100%.

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Apparently many have failed to realize that a lot of people on FA sandbagged the final two weeks of pre-season and “let” Mag take the final week to get out of Gold league and all the 100 man blob and skill lag crapola….

Yah there was no sandbagging. We just got screwed by SoS.

I mean look at it this way…even if you guys got knocked down to Silver with us…SoS still doesn’t belong up in Gold.

What is extra funny is that certain SoS players were chiming off on how MAG has never beat them. I knew better, and that they were in for a rude awakening.

We’ll see how they fair during the season. Servers like Mag and FA enjoy the fights more than others. Other servers QQ about ppt and implode.

Sorta like how certain BP players thought they were going to be competing for the top 3 spot in Silver.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

(edited by Moderator)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

It may be a little different on NSP, but certain servers like FA go hardcore in WvW.

Despite what people think, we didn’t ask to be down here. SoS had a favorable and lucky matchup, and got the spot we deserve. Now they are at the bottom of Gold and will probably implode(again!).

BUT, that doesn’t mean we won’t be out facerolling. Most of these servers have “Very High” population, its not our fault you people want to kill Teq instead of other players.

O i’m not saying there shouldn’t be crap talking. If you’ve earned the right to say something go for it, but i’m not sure a lot of these claims match actual in game ability.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in Match-ups

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Is over 9000!!!

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

I support this message and totally agree. If you face FA then be afraid be very afraid muhahahahaha!

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

FA did seem to wake up once they got the 2nd wave of IoJ transfers (is IoJ your farm team or something?) and looked like Gold material; but that was after nearly 3 weeks of lackluster play. To be fair, it was probably really low morale after JQ kicked their teeth in and then getting no rest after they lost significant numbers.

I would call it unintentional sandbagging, a lot of people not logging in and giving it 100%.

that is very true. we were exhausted. all uf us gave 10 vs jq, but after jq stacked up even more and started spawncamping every exit in eb and even in our own bl when we just tried to take 1 camp, was really demoralizing. and then jq took one of our very important large guilds and another one left and a few smalle guild fled FA aswell, because they were tired of fighting t1 and wouldnt wanna face that for 7 weeks in a row.

we are actually not farming for any guilds. we dont buy them or anything( we tried that once with RISE and would never ever do it again). guilds approach us and not the other way around. most of the guilds u see on fa,have been there either from the start or after ioj merge.

this week fa got its spirit back and we are working all together as a community. Fa has always been the underdog and this is what made us stronger. so now this is what fa is like when not demoralized by a t1 server.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

As it is right now, next week will have a pretty good match up between FA, YB, and CD. The winner of that will take sole position of First Place in the season.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

As it is right now, next week will have a pretty good match up between FA, YB, and CD. The winner of that will take sole position of First Place in the season.

So so wrong… <whistles>

I’m betting FA has it in the bag but it’s only week 1 and this is not the match up FA should be focusing on.

FA will steam roll next week against CD and YB servers. There is a certain other server match up that may catch FA off guard because they are unfamiliar with the territory but will prevail likely on coverage anyways.

FA clearly has the coverage down in week 1 to be Gold. The real question is can they sustain it with all of their new blood (the unloyal server transfers – that’s why they transferred afterall – or when the PvErs have completed their WvW achievements)?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Nobody in this thread, except for possibly IoJ, is allowed to talk about losing guilds. We (DB) lost six, some of them were big game players with lots of people, to the big 3 (and 1 to SBI). I’ve lost respect for a good number of people whom I used to run maps with. It’s kind of sad. What hurts us even more, is that we had a unified EBG pug community, that got sapped away by one of the guilds. We used to be able to que that map fairly steadily.

Not only is it the only reason we’re not winning our current matchup, it’s the only reason we’re not in gold. We didn’t get “worse”, we got more sparse. It’s a real shame they decided to jump at the last moment, though I’m glad we managed to get that T5 matchup to drop down to silver before the leagues were locked, as a result. Otherwise it would’ve been a long two months. (And you guys would’ve been stuck with Maguuma, and trust me, they’re way worse. They’re the only gold league server that can legitimately claim to have skill over numbers.)

With the exception of this week’s matchup, and possibly week #5 Dragonbrand will at least be able to push for 2nd in any given match up we’re in. I for one think it’ll be interesting, though I’m sticking with my predictions on page 2.

—edit— Oh, and week #7. Didn’t realize were was a repeat match up.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

(edited by Kovu.7560)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

FA will win with SBI being a very close second.

I think the battle for third will be the interesting part of Silver. BP has almost knocked itself out of contention (what happened?!) so I think the smart money is now between YB and DB; with CD being the long shot darkhorse.

in Match-ups

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

Dear CORE,

I miss you a lot. Mostly Lulu, Nomnom and Vis.

<3
Missus Honeybuns

Attachments:

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

FA will win with SBI being a very close second.

I think the battle for third will be the interesting part of Silver. BP has almost knocked itself out of contention (what happened?!) so I think the smart money is now between YB and DB; with CD being the long shot darkhorse.

lol…CD ? no way……

we lost few big guilds as well….. but we’ll bring on the fight, don’t worry….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Match-ups

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

Silver league will, as will any wvw match, be decided by who can blob the most 24×7. The real question will be who can sustain their pve blobbers the most when their 2 week attention span ends. Any talk of skill in wvw is irrelevant unless it is immediately followed by the word “lag”.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

FA such a good server, will transfer asap.

in Match-ups

Roquefort.4160

FA clearly has the coverage down in week 1 to be Gold. The real question is can they sustain it with all of their new blood (the unloyal server transfers – that’s why they transferred afterall – or when the PvErs have completed their WvW achievements)?

not really fair on those guilds to say theyre not loyal unless youre in them. FA didnt spend a dime in sponsoring them across, so they forked out probably 10k+ gold in getting here, which is quite an investment to simply leave again if they were “unloyal.”
and regardless, they seem to be enjoying their new home on FA, we’ve certainly welcomed them aboard and made new friends.

also, DB im happy to see that your presence in WvW in the later half of this week hasnt seemed to dwindle (though unfortunately you were still out coveraged).
SBI i wish you were the same, but your population has fallen and fallen. just because someone puts a waypoint in your borderland doesnt mean you should get demoralised. TC put a waypoint in our hills for the first 5 days of the matchup one week. youre very lucky you didnt end up in Gold because your mentality was absolutely not ready for that.

Unreal Aussies [uA]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Amurond.4590

What do you mean by pretty good? It won’t be even remotely close PPT wise.

in Match-ups

Delvoire.8930

I mean pretty good because it will be 3 servers who are all tied for 1st place and the winner will have sole position of 1st.

I’m not talking about coverage or PPT or anything like that. I mean if everyone just wants to hand FA the win for the entire season, have at it. I’m personally looking at each match up from week to week and going from there. You know.. playing the game and having some fun.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

Don’t mind him. He’s one of the achievement hunting PvErs that suddenly is involved in WvW because of the oh so novel change from tiers to Leagues. People that have any actual WvW knowledge understand it shouldn’t be close.

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

in Match-ups

Delvoire.8930

Don’t mind him. He’s one of the achievement hunting PvErs that suddenly is involved in WvW because of the oh so novel change from tiers to Leagues. People that have any actual WvW knowledge understand it shouldn’t be close.

Yep. Achievements are yummy nomnomnom

Oh..and I said a good matchup, not a close one.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

I apologize. Yes, these will be very good matches for FA fairweathers.

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolfey.3407

Wolfey.3407

Dedicated to all the FA haters:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy_RR7SD_dE

That’s what you get for running your mouth the past few weeks.

Former PvP Forum Specialist
2015-2016
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Visirale.6097

Visirale.6097

Dear CORE,

I miss you a lot. Mostly Lulu, Nomnom and Vis.

<3
Missus Honeybuns

I miss a ton of people. I’m terrified of getting ganked by the honeybunses already, nightmares have already been induced. But still looking forward to the matchup. It’ll be fun to upgrade and protect IOJ bl… not on IOJ, MUAHAHA. See you all soon.

in Match-ups

Kovu.7560

Any talk of skill in wvw is irrelevant unless it is immediately followed by the word “lag”.

This made me chuckle.

~ Kovu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Can’t wait to fight FA. We haven’t been matched up with FA since last year in the T3 TC/FA/YB weeks

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Poor sbi coming up with excuses on why they’re losing. Come sbi what happened to your numbers, or is it just you guys can’t reach FA’s skill and coordination level? I know coverage isn’t your issue either.

P.s. Tots is bad.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

(And you guys would’ve been stuck with Maguuma, and trust me, they’re way worse. They’re the only gold league server that can legitimately claim to have skill over numbers.)

You take that back immediately and call us a mindless zerg blob server of doom!

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

in Match-ups

Kovu.7560

(And you guys would’ve been stuck with Maguuma, and trust me, they’re way worse. They’re the only gold league server that can legitimately claim to have skill over numbers.)

You guys have yet to appreciate how royally screwed you’re going to be weeks 2~6. I’m glad to be down here in silver. =)

~ Kovu

in Match-ups

Amurond.4590

Poor sbi coming up with excuses on why they’re losing. Come sbi what happened to your numbers, or is it just you guys can’t reach FA’s skill and coordination level? I know coverage isn’t your issue either.

P.s. Tots is bad.

lmao, can’t wait for the FA IOJ match

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

P.s. Tots is bad.

lmao, can’t wait for the FA IOJ match

For sure. I’m looking forward to it as well. I imagine if I pop my head into IoJ BL I’ll be instaswarmed. CORE gonna queue that BL all by ourselves.

in Match-ups

Amurond.4590

Hi Tib, were you the guardian with the warrior in the 2v2 outside Hills on SBI BL the other day?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

Hi Tib, were you the guardian with the warrior in the 2v2 outside Hills on SBI BL the other day?

Hmmm. I don’t think so. Haven’t done much roaming this week unfortunately. What happened?

in Match-ups

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

I’m terrified of getting ganked by the honeybunses already, nightmares have already been induced.

Aww, I could never! I could never! Now Mister Honeybuns… well, he could. I’d just sit with my tea, in a corner and sob as it happened.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

I’m terrified of getting ganked by the honeybunses already, nightmares have already been induced.

The hunt is on.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

2000g to the first people to spike logain and vis in the ioj and fa match up!! You MUST provide picture, video, and a signed certificate saying you achieved this goal by them personally to receive said reward. Or we can just do 10g with picture evidence each. (All in good fun you guys ;D) first come first serve

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

You guys have yet to appreciate how royally screwed you’re going to be weeks 2~6. I’m glad to be down here in silver. =)

~ Kovu

Actually, we’ve been working our kitten off to get screwed like that… We PPTd so hard, we’re all suffering from PPPTSD and a few of us kept on PPTing til Wednesday this week.
On the bright side: our population has already gone from very high to high and the cleansing continues – the only thing that would have made gold league better would have been a Mag – SoR – BG matchup in the first week.

Mag [DERP] [Goon]