Tier 1: JQ/BG/SoR 5/31

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

doesnt BG run with less than 50 people atall

Attachments:

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: kevinskyrider.3271

kevinskyrider.3271

Pfft. We’ve all done this :p

Attachments:

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

I wanna play!

Attachments:

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in Match-ups

kevinskyrider.3271

I wanna play!

:o It always looks like the enemy has more peeps from their pov

Nice chat in the 2nd pic :o

Attachments:

Blackgate

(edited by kevinskyrider.3271)

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Pfft. We’ve all done this :p

Looks like my screenshots, I only caught the backend of this full map zerg though.

Attachments:

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

Dang its rough at EU time. Keep up the good fights though! However with the 50 people screens, Im sure everyone has been in those zergs before.

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

kevinskyrider.3271

Dang its rough at EU time. Keep up the good fights though! However with the 50 people screens, Im sure everyone has been in those zergs before.

All servers have done it before, so it’s useless to throw those accusations at each other. That’s all there really is to it.

Hug for everyone!

Attachments:

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Hoots.9564

T1 = Zergblob for all three servers, the faster our servers figure that out the better. I personally enjoy fighting these large scale battles, no one in history has ever asked if the opposing force could even the numbers so that the fight could be honorable. We all need to accept that it’s the way of life in T1, and adjust accordingly. No one server blobs more then the other, all three of us are guilty.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreamciqul.4617

Kreamciqul.4617

Great fights in SoR BL. Not really sure why you guys kept flooding into SW camp over and over just to get wiped, but either way thanks for the good fights and lootbags

[RISE]
Necromancer
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

zergblob is the way anet wants wvw to be played as evidenced by change after change that has done nothing but drive players toward zergballs and rewards them for it.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grithan Soulforge.5726

Grithan Soulforge.5726

Player on #1 overpopulated NA server with major queues kittens about zergs on #2 overpopulated server with queues while the former #1 overpopulated server looks on and laughs.

[BfB] Grithan/Trigan – JQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Awesome fight at BG bl Garrison! <3

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

I can do better, SOR actually brought back culling they where so blobbed

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: coronbale.3894

coronbale.3894

Good for you BT, GvG is kitten measuring plain and simple. It is the fall back “come at me bro” of WvW, and hilarious when you think about the implications. First off, and I’m sure you can relate, TSYM has chewed up zergs 3, 4, even 5 times our size before because they are uncoordinated or we were better trained. We have also outnumbered an enemy and through skilled manipulation of the terrain, a well placed piece of siege, or a 3+ stage feign/portal flank were sent packing.

The point is this, if you need that balance to make sure that your kitten remains unchallenged, WvW is not your stage. Being in situations where you are outnumbered drastically, or taking a massive force against another massive force, practicing the 5 Ds of Dodgeball until one of you makes the winning play and claim victory (and bags) is what WvW is all about!

What I think you are looking for, is sPvP/tPvP. Don’t come in here and bawl when its not balanced, or your team isn’t big enough. If you had 10 amazingly skilled people, and I rolled you over with 50, who is at fault? Me for killing you, or you for parking that little SmartCar of a force in my way? Honestly, its not OUR fault that sPvP isn’t more popular. Turns out people want to play with a more dynamic battlefield, and enjoy larger, more epic, and less structured fights.

Nothing gets a team on cloud nine faster than taking a massive force out with a bare bones small op team. Try it, if they beat you, try it again! Its intensely hard, but so rewarding when you accomplish it!

Oh yea, and BT welcome to T1. Here, when asked how many you had with you, the answer is always around 10-15.

Leader of [TSym]
Sea of Sorrows
IGN – Coron

(edited by coronbale.3894)

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Good for you BT, GvG is kitten measuring plain and simple. It is the fall back “come at me bro” of WvW, and hilarious when you think about the implications. First off, and I’m sure you can relate, TSYM has chewed up zergs 3, 4, even 5 times our size before because they are uncoordinated or we were better trained. We have also outnumbered an enemy and through skilled manipulation of the terrain, a well placed piece of siege, or a 3+ stage feign/portal flank were sent packing.

The point is this, if you need that balance to make sure that your kitten remains unchallenged, WvW is not your stage. Being in situations where you are outnumbered drastically, or taking a massive force against another massive force, practicing the 5 Ds of Dodgeball until one of you makes the winning play and claim victory (and bags) is what WvW is all about!

What I think you are looking for, is sPvP/tPvP. Don’t come in here and bawl when its not balanced, or your team isn’t big enough. If you had 10 amazingly skilled people, and I rolled you over with 50, who is at fault? Me for killing you, or you for parking that little SmartCar of a force in my way? Honestly, its not OUR fault that sPvP isn’t more popular. Turns out people want to play with a more dynamic battlefield, and enjoy larger, more epic, and less structured fights.

Nothing gets a team on cloud nine faster than taking a massive force out with a bare bones small op team. Try it, if they beat you, try it again! Its intensely hard, but so rewarding when you accomplish it!

Oh yea, and BT welcome to T1. Here, when asked how many you had with you, the answer is always around 10-15.

It is exactly 15. No more, no less.

I second the comment about wiping groups larger than you. You just have to go for it. A large group kitten around and uncoordinated is like packages falling out of santa’s bag, dropping badges everywhere.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Pretty awesome match up so far. Good fights all round.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

I have a dream of no EB lag. Lets make a pitch in for more hamsters and wheels!

Also that gremlin cuddles is the perfect size to power Anet servers.

Edit you don’t even have to pay cuddles just give it hugs and never feed after midnight.

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in Match-ups

Posted by: roseria.7695

roseria.7695

KAWAII KRAIT SAYS SCORE UPDATE!

Attachments:

Roserra @ [ATT] – Attuned

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

And let us be honest – should any of us be matched up against any of the other servers then we would certainly all be bored for 7 days. Who wants that?

I guarantee you, JQ, SOR and BG would love to see DB soon. Based on their present faceroll in T3, it’s bound to happen this coming reset.

Remember when BG said DB would replace SoR in T1? lolz

SoR #1

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in Match-ups

kevinskyrider.3271

Hey, considering SoR dropped to #3 with the random roll, anything is possible now!

Blackgate

(edited by kevinskyrider.3271)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Joker.8064

Joker.8064

WvW is all meta game, your not going to wipe a force with a sizable difference in numbers unless you somehow come out with a new meta that no one knows what is going on to counter it or you have a bunch of siege sitting behind u. I think those days are long gone until Anet decides to change the balance again.

You say GvG is a ‘kittening measuring plain’ but in reality it is not.. If you think wiping a button mashing zerg with rarely ever any individual player skill on never even playing grounds makes your guild good; your in for a rude awakening. I think GW2 is designed as an MMO targeting a more casual crowd – not unlike WoW, but you should not be so quick to insult the skilled players that seek that level of play within the game.

I think we will see a big difference in the separation of skilled groups and zergs with the up and coming fixes of skill lag and balance in general, much like many games in the past some still live by the philosophy SKILL > ZERG. But there is only so much you can do in a young game when the odds are stacked against you in terms of mechanics, balance and lag.

Do not take this as a kittening whining post about all the things above, instead a perspective from a guild that was founded on skill for the fields of GvG.

Also don’t get me wrong – I’ve been there leading massive zergs wiping and getting wiped by other massive zergs as one of the leaders/founders of [ICoa]. That play style gets boring fast and has already burnt out a lot of the best commanders that have ever played this game. I suggest you seek something to better challenge your personal skill and commanding skill.

(the many)
- Joker’s

[Pro] Joker
Founder of The Provoked
http://www.theprovoked.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

WvW is all meta game, your not going to wipe a force with a sizable difference in numbers unless you somehow come out with a new meta that no one knows what is going on to counter it or you have a bunch of siege sitting behind u. I think those days are long gone until Anet decides to change the balance again.

You say GvG is a ‘kittening measuring plain’ but in reality it is not.. If you think wiping a button mashing zerg with rarely ever any individual player skill on never even playing grounds makes your guild good; your in for a rude awakening. I think GW2 is designed as an MMO targeting a more casual crowd – not unlike WoW, but you should not be so quick to insult the skilled players that seek that level of play within the game.

I think we will see a big difference in the separation of skilled groups and zergs with the up and coming fixes of skill lag and balance in general, much like many games in the past some still live by the philosophy SKILL > ZERG. But there is only so much you can do in a young game when the odds are stacked against you in terms of mechanics, balance and lag.

Do not take this as a kittening whining post about all the things above, instead a perspective from a guild that was founded on skill for the fields of GvG.

Also don’t get me wrong – I’ve been there leading massive zergs wiping and getting wiped by other massive zergs as one of the leaders/founders of [ICoa]. That play style gets boring fast and has already burnt out a lot of the best commanders that have ever played this game. I suggest you seek something to better challenge your personal skill and commanding skill.

(the many)
- Joker’s

Word

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

Win or lose, I’ve found guilds that look to improve their game and seek new types of challenges are those that are most interested in GvG.

They are not mutually exclusive. Some of the best WvWers are the guilds that also do GvG.

Rarely do you find a guild that is good in GvG that sucks in WvW, but you find a lot of guilds that claim to be good in WvW but are absolutely horrible when it comes to even grounds fighting and are actually afraid of it(no clue why).

Everyone can say they’ve wiped this zerg or fought outnumbered that, but if you have the confidence in your performance you shouldn’t be afraid of GvG. If anything, look to it as another challenge.

For the guy that said egos and raging may ruin his guild , you’re guild isn’t that strong to begin with then if a simple thing as a GvG threatens its integrity or the egos of your playerbase. Trying and losing in GvG is just as important, if not more important, than winning in GvG.

Regardless, do what is fun for you but you shouldn’t knock others interest in GvG.

in Match-ups

Hoots.9564

(the many)
- Joker’s

Good post Joker, GvG’s are a great way to prove your guild on the field. Any guild can Zergblob with 1 ability firing, a simple 15v15/20v20/25v25 can turn into quite a test for even the best Zergblob commanders. I only wish more guilds would try it, but I fear there are too many guilds out there unwilling to lose or put there guild to a test. For the most part all the GvG’s are respectful and usually bring quite a respected crowd to watch. I’d love to set up some sort of a tournament as a united 3 server community, as we are all destined to be together forever.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

(edited by Hoots.9564)

in Match-ups

Posted by: blnylund.1829

blnylund.1829

GvG’s are the ultimate test of skill in my opinion. Even numbers, even ground, you know where they are they know where you are. What’s a bigger test? Hitting people that don’t even know that you are there? Running over people with twice their numbers. As an officer in Provoked I am proud to be a guild that tries to improve and challenges people to GvG’s. Much respect for Choo and Tw and Vh for bringing out your best and bringing Na T1 to another level. Amazing how much more respect you gain for groups after a GvG vs running over them in a massive clump of red.

in Match-ups

Posted by: fade.8603

fade.8603

GvG is more about theory crafting and team composition. Getting the right kind of synergy and blasts/combo. Whoever can figure the team builds will have the advantage.

BlackGate

in Match-ups

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

Another reason people may not want to gvg is that it gives away certain strategies that gives those guilds an edge against other guilds in wvwvw. You wouldn’t notice these strategies if you just get ran over by them in say five seconds, but would when in a direct confrontation with them and only them.

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tearofsoul.9843

Tearofsoul.9843

WvW is very different from GvG.

They are not really comparable in my opinions. WvW is bascilly RvR, but GvG is more like Battleground. Each requires different “stuffs” in order to become really good.

Plenty of good GvG guilds not that good in WvW.

Lothem

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

It’s no coincidence that each of the server’s largest guilds came out and said they have no interest in GvG.

Just think about it practically, they run on the field with 40-50+ people, the talent pool is diluted and they compensate with numbers. To have to break that down to 20-25 people and get out there and fight on even grounds would be kitten near difficult.

I’m not knocking those guilds because I think they are great at what they do, but to expect a zerg guild to go and do GvG is absurd. Their guilds weren’t built for that. But I bet if you both started at the same time in a BL and said who could get garri first, and you had the WvW guild v the GvG guild, guarantee you the WvW guild will take the garri before the GvG guild.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

I don’t mind watching GvG if it’s at a reasonable scale, but I would never participate. I’m too much of a PTFO player. Guild engagements are great, but only if they’re pertinent to an objective. Otherwise… waste of my and my guild’s time.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Match-ups

fade.8603

GvG is simply open field fights, you need good builds/team composition/and small team coordination, more of exploring different classes and trying to combine them with their different traits and skills.

WvW is situational awareness, micro-management, map awareness across all different BLs and mental warfare.

Food/oil used is different for WvW and GvG, same goes for the builds too.

BlackGate

in Match-ups

Hoots.9564

I’m not knocking those guilds because I think they are great at what they do, but to expect a zerg guild to go and do GvG is absurd. Their guilds weren’t built for that. But I bet if you both started at the same time in a BL and said who could get garri first, and you had the WvW guild v the GvG guild, guarantee you the WvW guild will take the garri before the GvG guild.

Ah this post reminded me of the Full BL vs Full BL between TW/Fear vs Foo during oceanic/sea a month or so ago that everyone raged about not being a GvG. lol Indo and Waha bet 5 gold for the first guild to take BG’s Garrison, SoR won btw
Much respect to JQ’s sea/oceanic/Waha <3

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

The interesting thing is the guilds that just stated they don’t have any interest in GvG have their members flooding the area when GvG actually happens. The walls are usually lined with a good healthy population from each of the servers watching the GvG.

I think most guilds are afraid because of their ego and arrogance and the list of excuses when you lose is limited. But I think guilds only gain reputation and respect by GvGing. Surprisingly, there’s very little bashing and a lot of mutual respect in the GvG scene, I’d say a lot more than the WvW scene without question. The WvW scene is a cesspool compared to the GvG scene, there’s a lot more honor with the GvGers compared to the WvWers.

When HzH came out to GvG CHOO and TW, map chat and TS was full of nothing but respect and praises to those guys. HzH is at the top of SoR’s respect list when it comes to JQ I feel because of it. Even now, in WvW when HzH is seen or mentioned, people give them a lot of respect because of it.

(edited by Jahn.7019)

in Match-ups

Posted by: DBR.9876

DBR.9876

Another reason people may not want to gvg is that it gives away certain strategies that gives those guilds an edge against other guilds in wvwvw. You wouldn’t notice these strategies if you just get ran over by them in say five seconds, but would when in a direct confrontation with them and only them.

I definitely feel that this is probably the biggest reason for a lot of the more prominent guilds that don’t want to do a GvG fight. Standing face to face with another group lets them see your critical group comp and weapon setups that otherwise would effectively remain proprietary within a guild. GvG effectively sets a guild up to have all of their commanding and compositions scrutinized into the ground, rendering the advantage had by being months ahead of the meta-game null and void. I am 100% behind any guilds that refuse to GvG as I don’t want to see the work done internally by dedicated theory crafters within guilds go to waste.

Matthew Day – Human Elementalist

in Match-ups

fade.8603

Watching is different from participation, you should know that preparing a gvg requires time and effort to get to form your team. Need everyone to be traited properly and geared properly. Thats where all the theory crafting comes in, some people love to experiment build synergies but this will take a lot of time to test.

BlackGate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

The interesting thing is the guilds that just stated they don’t have any interest in GvG have their members flooding the area when GvG actually happens. The walls are usually lined with a good healthy population from each of the servers watching the GvG.

They secretly desire to GvG and we know it.

in Match-ups

Hoots.9564

Watching is different from participation, you should know that preparing a gvg requires time and effort to get to form your team. Need everyone to be traited properly and geared properly. Thats where all the theory crafting comes in, some people love to experiment build synergies but this will take a lot of time to test.

For [TW] at least, we kinda just show up for the GvG’s with what we have online and skip all the technical schizzle bizzle. But that is how Indo developed TW to be.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

(edited by Hoots.9564)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

For [TW] at least, we kinda just show up for the GvG’s with what we have online and skip all the technical schizzle bizzle. But that is how Indo developed TW to be.

I find that hard to believe considering Indo’s history. And when he played on JQ, he was literally JQ’s first commander pin and was considered to be one of the best strategists by the community at large back then. I call BS if you are saying you guys just “show up” for GvGs.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

True that, we just show up and victory

Attachments:

in Match-ups

fade.8603

Wow Indo and waha servermates previously? =P

BlackGate

in Match-ups

Hoots.9564

Wow Indo and waha servermates previously? =P

TW started on JQ.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in Match-ups

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Win or lose, I’ve found guilds that look to improve their game and seek new types of challenges are those that are most interested in GvG.

They are not mutually exclusive. Some of the best WvWers are the guilds that also do GvG.

Rarely do you find a guild that is good in GvG that sucks in WvW, but you find a lot of guilds that claim to be good in WvW but are absolutely horrible when it comes to even grounds fighting and are actually afraid of it(no clue why).

Everyone can say they’ve wiped this zerg or fought outnumbered that, but if you have the confidence in your performance you shouldn’t be afraid of GvG. If anything, look to it as another challenge.

For the guy that said egos and raging may ruin his guild , you’re guild isn’t that strong to begin with then if a simple thing as a GvG threatens its integrity or the egos of your playerbase. Trying and losing in GvG is just as important, if not more important, than winning in GvG.

Regardless, do what is fun for you but you shouldn’t knock others interest in GvG.

What I think Jedbacca was referring to was that just as some guilds prefer GvG, and others do not, individuals within a guild may have an interest in a more hardcore playstyle, while others are more casual.

It sounded to me that he was saying he would rather keep the two groups seperate and thus limit any GvG encounters to sPvP and limit it to 5v5’s or 10v10s

Anyways, interesting discussion going on here, better than the usual nonsense. Keep it coming

in Match-ups

fade.8603

We should have a seperate thread for GvG or is there 1 already? Can’t remember I think i saw some threads…

BlackGate

in Match-ups

Posted by: jaif.3518

jaif.3518

To all of our enemies who just fought (10:30ish EST) at JQ garrison, that was one epic fight.

Thanks everyone – I mean it. That’s the stuff I play this game for.

-Jeff

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

I think most guilds are afraid because of their ego and arrogance and the list of excuses when you lose is limited. But I think guilds only gain reputation and respect by GvGing. Surprisingly, there’s very little bashing and a lot of mutual respect in the GvG scene, I’d say a lot more than the WvW scene without question. The WvW scene is a cesspool compared to the GvG scene, there’s a lot more honor with the GvGers compared to the WvWers.

When HzH came out to GvG CHOO and TW, map chat and TS was full of nothing but respect and praises to those guys. HzH is at the top of SoR’s respect list when it comes to JQ I feel because of it. Even now, in WvW when HzH is seen or mentioned, people give them a lot of respect because of it.

:)

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

When people say things like this

GvG’s are the ultimate test of skill in my opinion.

it really makes me laugh. There is very little skill involved in GvG and WvW. As fights become larger in scale, skill becomes less important and coordination becomes more important, simply because the impact that a single player has on a fight becomes less significant. Following a really good commander in a pack, like a herd of sheep, doing what he says, when he says, and winning fights as a result doesn’t mean you’re skilled, it means you’re coordinated.

(edited by oxide.8324)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

I find that hard to believe considering Indo’s history. And when he played on JQ, he was literally JQ’s first commander pin and was considered to be one of the best strategists by the community at large back then. I call BS if you are saying you guys just “show up” for GvGs.

I don’t know about the rest of TW, but I spend 2-3 hrs in silent meditation thinking of my goals I hope to reach and how I want to fight and support my guild in the GvG.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

When people say things like this

GvG’s are the ultimate test of skill in my opinion.

it really makes me laugh. There is very little skill involved in GvG and WvW. As fights become larger in scale, skill becomes less important and coordination becomes more important, simply because the impact that a single player has on a fight becomes less significant. Following a really good commander in a pack, like a herd of sheep, doing what he says, when he says, and winning fights as a result doesn’t mean you’re skilled, it means you’re coordinated.

So coordination is not part of skill? I think there are a lot of athletes that will disagree with you on that one.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

I just think it’s cool when people believe/chest thump about how skilled they are individually when their guilds perform well at any given time.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Thread derailing into the abyss of the egotist.

Makes me think of chocolate. Mmmm, chocolate…..

;)

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.