Tier 1: JQ/BG/SoR 5/31

in Match-ups

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

My staff ele and AH guardian are very powerful in a large wvw group but I’m running from every 1 vs 1 fight, and I don’t think most people would blame me. I’m not built for dueling and my fields and boons are needed elsewhere.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Beannie.5982

Beannie.5982

I have a new recruitment theme for SoR:

SoR: We have so many people vs our enemies we practically PvDoor at 8:30pm.

So what happens first? SoR chokes on it’s weight or the game finishes dying? Find out in one month!

LMAO that’s the exact scenario that happened when JQ was dominating tier 1 months back. I’m a casual wvwer on SEA timing, and when its 8.30pm gmt+8, the JQ zerg PvDoors just as well, except now, BG does it better than you guys at your used to be prime time.

I didn’t bother checking your post history to see how your posts were like when you guys were dominating, but yeah…

I can definitely emphathise with your frustration, because being bulldozed over has never stopped for my time of playing.

I have much respect to wvwers and the commanders who persist during their servers’ weaker timings.

Kudos to Moorta for making TS so interesting even when we’re being wiped~

Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Hello Wish,

Apologies but most of us had to run to the TW commander on duty in SOR BL at that time. Our commanders are extremely strict on mission command & control and they expect us to adhere strictly to set timings for keep/tower attacks. We have to follow engagement rules as dictated by the guild rules & regulation charter.

Perhaps you could PM us and we’ll try to arrange a 1v1?

FW

Seriously, why is everyone from TW so bad?
Ive found 6 of your players in the last hour or so alone, and every single one ran from me until 4+ other TW players were around. Except 1 asuran guardian, props to you, but man, you guys are pretty bad. I moved to SOR BL solo to find some good fights, since thats all TW ever brags about. Turns out all they can do is win with numbers, who knew.

Pryan already gave him a shot. He’s just walking in circles now.

Was that the TW guardian I showed up? lol, I remember that guy.

Guy, if you really wanna fight TW get a guild and assault one of our holdings. JQ could really use your help taking some objectives, they’ve got way too many solo players kitten around when they’re needed. This WvW stuff is a team sport, and your team needs you to drop the sPvP schtick and be effective. I’m not sure why you’re running around in WvW solo in a bunker build… Are you even defending anything? Do you realize you couldn’t seem sillier if you stick a red ball on your nose and got some floppy shoes?

Of course we just run by you. We run by the veteran ice worms all the time too.
Are we skeered of the Ice Worms too? Or do we just have more important things that our team needs us for? Because TW is a team, nobody gets a vanity tag to then run around doing whatever. That’s what we’re out there for, each other. That and beating up your servermates who are also trying to be a team, and would likely really appreciate you doing something more productive than getting ran over solo by a TW group passing by.

in Match-ups

Posted by: fade.8603

fade.8603

Probably just a duel built guy trying to kill guys not traited for 1v1 or uplevels to boost some ego.

BlackGate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dementia.9543

Dementia.9543

Seriously, why is everyone from TW so bad?
Ive found 6 of your players in the last hour or so alone, and every single one ran from me until 4+ other TW players were around. Except 1 asuran guardian, props to you, but man, you guys are pretty bad. I moved to SOR BL solo to find some good fights, since thats all TW ever brags about. Turns out all they can do is win with numbers, who knew.

If TW has any sort of synergy build that they use then they are alot like tsym when in wvw. Not so good 1v1

Onskii – 80 Asura Necromancer
Chillynipps – 80 Human Elementalist
[TSYM] – SOR
(Undefeated)

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Thieves shouldn’t complain about people running from them. You can’t beat them. You can only pull a draw 1v1. Bring your zerg or ignore them.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

Typical loser comments is saying the game is dying when you aren’t winning.

This game has tons of life and can only improve. Unless they add Nuclear trebs (after the AC buff it wouldn’t surprise me) this games got a good, long life.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

wtb tactical nuke to kill AC’s though

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

Raven Paradox.1860

Why would you want that when you’re in MERC?

in Match-ups

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

Thieves shouldn’t complain about people running from them. You can’t beat them. You can only pull a draw 1v1. Bring your zerg or ignore them.

I was on Guardian, I thought people looked at them as free bags…

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

New Elite skill: Summon F15

Skills:
Fire – Fire a missile that destroys everything it hits
Strafe – Strafe targetted area. Damage equivalent to a million ballista arrows
Nuclear Bomb (cooldown, 120s) – Win WvW.

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

that’s what you WANT them to think. ; ))

but seriously, to each their own. no need to keep feeding one another’s ego… we all get in there to have fun, and good fights come out of it! i’ve made friends from either of your server as well. what’s not to like? there’s no need to come out here and talk smack just for the sake of it. no need to get riled up. no need to respond to that either.

i know, we don’t live in a perfect world, but if we were able to each put forth a little effort in preserving that… for a while, this thread was headed in the right direction… peolpe talking strategy, giving kudos to one another, albeit enemies on the field, in terms of their strategy and efforts… do people not enjoy reading those? i wonder.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Why wouldn’t we, albeit we had heaps of fun in SoR garrison last night, but watching you guys literally drain 1700 supply to build arrow carts over and over was amazing (not in a good way). Not to mention the 100 banner res’s on lord.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dementia.9543

Dementia.9543

bgbl, so much fun

Onskii – 80 Asura Necromancer
Chillynipps – 80 Human Elementalist
[TSYM] – SOR
(Undefeated)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

We only use carts when we’re outnumbered 2:1 or if we’re not on the map. Everyone uses carts, get over it – its just a disappointing change in the meta.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

(edited by Tarkus.4109)

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

I’ve never seen MERC drop an AC in open field unless it is to kill Trebs in garrison or to kill enemy siege inside a keep / other side of a bridge.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: PhilBrank.4965

PhilBrank.4965

Freakin awesome night tonight. Soooo many fights! Too many arrowcarts (1 is too many) though!

An all around amazing night defending bay in JQBL for a long while. Was not fun trying to hold vale for 15 minutes straight while JQ also insisted on trying for bay, but was still cool how we managed to hold it that long lol. Great fights, thanks all!

Tsorin – Warrior [RET]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

Oh man, so many excuses, I love it. QQ more because youre just a bad zerg guild who couldnt PVP your way out of a wet paper bag.

As one of the main guardians for TW. I accept your challenge. Edit: We dueled at one time, if I remember correctly neither of us won and you admitted to it.

(edited by Nakoor.1980)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

Freakin awesome night tonight. Soooo many fights! Too many arrowcarts (1 is too many) though!

An all around amazing night defending bay in JQBL for a long while. Was not fun trying to hold vale for 15 minutes straight while JQ also insisted on trying for bay, but was still cool how we managed to hold it that long lol. Great fights, thanks all!

Our inventories thank you also.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Haha, right? Lots of fun had at Vale with SoR – even though we had to retreat off it to protect Bay from JQ….

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

Our inventories thank you.

Ours thank you as well – I got 2 exotics and a yellow – and about 30+ badges

……..aaaand about 4589475478572 spikes.

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

I’m just teasing, wanted to see who would bite. I figured it would be someone from ICOA not BT though ;p

Good fights anyways, was definitely a lot of fun.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

4589475478572 spikes.

Blatant falsehood!

TW drop nothing but Precursors

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

4589475478572 spikes.

Blatant falsehood!

TW drop nothing but Precursors

Waaaah! Where’s MINE ! </3

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

I’m just teasing, wanted to see who would bite. I figured it would be someone from ICOA not BT though ;p

Good fights anyways, was definitely a lot of fun.

Haha – I was just teasing too

Though I really did get 2 exotics and a yellow
…. and 4589475478572 spikes <3

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

Think someone from TW has that fight on fraps, it was 20minutes long. I’ll ask them to put it up if they can.

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

Think someone from TW has that fight on fraps, it was 20minutes long. I’ll ask them to put it up if they can.

Hahah would have been longer if JQ wasn’t being all opportunisticky trying to take Bay :P

Everyone was like hmmm lose the camp or lose Bay – no brainer.

… Though I wouldn’t mind if you sent me gold to help recoup the money I spent to upgrade it (It was my baby QQ) :-P

All jokes aside – it was a great test of survival!

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in Match-ups

Posted by: PhilBrank.4965

PhilBrank.4965

To be honest, from our side it was less of a “fight” and more of a “keep this fully upgraded camp contested for as long as you can.” We were never able to really group up enough people to push that massive group effectively, and the run is so short from spawn lol. It was fun trying to survive as long as i could!

Next time, you won’t be so lucky!

Tsorin – Warrior [RET]

(edited by PhilBrank.4965)

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Hey, I have seen many guilds fight and fight and carry on only to fail to take/protect a camp while they lose a keep. It’s baffling. I mean, I understand a fully upgraded camp is a pain to lose, but it takes a few mins to get back. Getting a keep back could be far trickier, especially if you’re letting a T3 go for a freaking camp (yes, this has happened!).

Had some fun earlier on EB. Sneaking SM from SoR with 15 people was fun

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Looks like a group JQ got bored and decided to troll the Jumping Puzzle with Mesmers, Engineers, and Elementals.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

You got us all curious now, what does that even mean?

There seems to be a widely held set of beliefs about what is the right way to play this game and it seems like many of them won’t diverge from those beliefs even if it means they might lose.

Like I’ve heard many of the say on TS that they won’t help guilds transfer over for example. A lot of them talk about balancing the tier out instead of dominating it.

I’ve even heard some of the guild leaders say that they’ve turned away guilds that were interested in transferring just because they thought it might unbalance the tier.

I never really heard anyone on BG get overly concerned about that sort of thing.

I also don’t see as many guilds put in big overtime like I did on BG.

Israel mate not sure how long you were apart of BG or who you were speaking to so im not sure if you remember Laylyn, the person from haunt who was trying to balance out 6 -8 servers just before Anet decided to end free transfers

I think we all know what happened during free transfer month

we were telling transfers not to come to BG, JQ, SoS, SoR but go to TC or CD even yaks (i think they were the next strongest servers)

Laylyn has since given up trying as no other server was being honest enough to spread out the transfers, plus being disheartened about the transfers stacking on 2 servers again (plus i think busy with RL stuff, correct me if im wrong Laylyn)

now that SoR are winning of course they are telling transfers to go to another server and I applaud them doing so, I don’t think anyone wants a superstacked server we can see how well that worked out in the EU matchups

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in Match-ups

Posted by: windrunner.5690

windrunner.5690

No matter how things turned out i gotta salute MERC and their peoples, it was always a pleasure dealing with them back on SoS and i still luv them to this day, keep fighting guys we love it and its one of the main reasons we keep coming back. You guys are awesome. and we understand why you aren’t as strong as you were back in the SoS days, but you are STILL one of best in the tier IMO. <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Why wouldn’t we, albeit we had heaps of fun in SoR garrison last night, but watching you guys literally drain 1700 supply to build arrow carts over and over was amazing (not in a good way). Not to mention the 100 banner res’s on lord.

I was not there, but what did you expect the defending force which was under pressure to use the supply on? Or should they have not used it? Bit confused here…

As for the Banner rubbish , yeh totally agree it is the most op mechanic (after ac’s) in the game right now. Added to lag, wp, multiple entrances to garrison, there is just no way to prevent them.

At the very least the circle should not reset if the lord is rezzed by a banner.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Israel mate not sure how long you were apart of BG or who you were speaking to so im not sure if you remember Laylyn, the person from haunt who was trying to balance out 6 -8 servers just before Anet decided to end free transfers

I think we all know what happened during free transfer month

we were telling transfers not to come to BG, JQ, SoS, SoR but go to TC or CD even yaks (i think they were the next strongest servers)

Laylyn has since given up trying as no other server was being honest enough to spread out the transfers, plus being disheartened about the transfers stacking on 2 servers again (plus i think busy with RL stuff, correct me if im wrong Laylyn)

now that SoR are winning of course they are telling transfers to go to another server and I applaud them doing so, I don’t think anyone wants a superstacked server we can see how well that worked out in the EU matchups

I have no reason to doubt that what you’re telling me is true though I cannot recall ever meeting Laylyn.

I think BG went into hardcore recruiting mode to try and deal with JQ back when JQ was dominating t1 and I was totally onboard with those efforts. JQ had round-the-clock coverage and I thought it was a reasonable idea that BG should try to have the same to be able to compete effectively.

in Match-ups

Posted by: btowl.7869

btowl.7869

Wish, if you’ve played guardian for any amount of time, you should know they’re not free bags and are close to ez mode compared to other classes. I have an alt guardian and, compared to my main engineer, the guard is so much easier (In b4 l2p-I think, and have been told numerous times, that I do pretty well with my engineer and am a pain in the kitten to fight).

If you want someone to fight, send me a tell and I’d be glad to do so, provided I’m not needed elsewhere. Hell, who am I kidding, no one wants engineers

Engineer
What do you mean there are other races than Asura?

in Match-ups

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

@ Coron & Tsym,

GG fighting you guys on BG BL last night. I knew once I saw the tactics that Coron was on the map then I looked on my friends list and sure enough!

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

@ Coron & Tsym,

GG fighting you guys on BG BL last night. I knew once I saw the tactics that Coron was on the map then I looked on my friends list and sure enough!

I can only say that the uncoordinated group tactics can be very effective because clearly nobody has any clue what is going on.
Awesome fights all around!

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in Match-ups

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

Wish, if you’ve played guardian for any amount of time, you should know they’re not free bags and are close to ez mode compared to other classes. I have an alt guardian and, compared to my main engineer, the guard is so much easier (In b4 l2p-I think, and have been told numerous times, that I do pretty well with my engineer and am a pain in the kitten to fight).

If you want someone to fight, send me a tell and I’d be glad to do so, provided I’m not needed elsewhere. Hell, who am I kidding, no one wants engineers

Engineer is OP, you just spec wrong if you dont think so.

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

in Match-ups

btowl.7869

Compared to whom? Guardians? Hardly. I barely know how to play one and it feels like a faceroll in comparison to an engineer. Yes, engineers have OP specs, but I’d argue that most people would find a guardian easier to play.

Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update with the lovely Bishy!

Enjoy the night/morning/afternoon everyone!

Also…. leave ebg alone :P

<3

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

anyone watching the t2 thread if how good sos is doing vs 2 t2 servers shows really how much all of us here in t1 would blow them out of the water in numbers

I’m only going to speak for TC, but a good portion of our population is taking a much needed break. The score doesn’t reflect our servers normal output, nor the output when we decide to rally people from outside WvW. SoS and FA are good opponents, but the population difference would be very noticeable if it was put forth. But that wouldn’t be fun for anyone, especially not us. What’s the point of winning by a large amount if it causes the other two servers to not even want to come out?

If you want to see how we do normally, look at the last 3 weeks with Dragonbrand.

I think it goes back to the post above, same thing will happen more likely with any of T1 facing the T2 servers.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in Match-ups

Posted by: AvengerCap.7983

AvengerCap.7983

I’m just putting my post in here because I need love and attention, like a puppy. Someone hold me, troll me, kiss me, fluff me!

Bestet Spiritpaws – 80 Charr Guardian
Bestet A – 80 Asura Necromancer
[RET] – Retribution

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Engineer has a much steeper learning curve than guardian imo.

in Match-ups

Raven Paradox.1860

We only use carts when we’re outnumbered 2:1 or if we’re not on the map. Everyone uses carts, get over it – its just a disappointing change in the meta.

Eh yesterday morning you outnumbered a small zerg which you considered an Iron zerg because the commander was an Iron commander (despite the zerg being mostly us PuGs) and used ACs to defend multiple choke points while outnumbering that zerg 2:1.

But you do have a point. Everyone does use ACs. It’s just a dang shame that ArenaNet thinks they’re helping WvW. All they do is give baddies a chance. It doesn’t seem all that bad, but it doesn’t encourage people to defend objectives with tactics besides the placement of a siege weapon. The game should encourage you to get better, not reward you by sitting in a safe area on a wall shooting down on a big amount of players with an overpowered, easy to obtain piece of garbage.

To balance this new overpowered AC crap, ArenaNet should make those things have a limited amount of ammunition, or require much more supply than 30/40.

in Match-ups

btowl.7869

I’m just putting my post in here because I need love and attention, like a puppy. Someone hold me, troll me, kiss me, fluff me!

How about those Penguins, Best? They haven’t looked too good in the Conference Finals. I’ll be
surprised if they even make a series out of it. MAF for the win! At least your Hawks are doing better, but I think that series is far from over

Engineer

in Match-ups

AvengerCap.7983

Engineer has a much steeper learning curve than guardian imo.

This is the one class I haven’t played yet. I do agree that it’s tougher than a lot because of the juggling with different kits – like the ele and their different Captain Planet powers. Ele is missing “heart” though.

[RET] – Retribution

in Match-ups

AvengerCap.7983

How about those Penguins, Best? They haven’t looked too good in the Conference Finals. I’ll be
surprised if they even make a series out of it. MAF for the win! At least your Hawks are doing better, but I think that series is far from over

Dude! Pens haven’t played. Some other team has played. With that said, they need a statement game for game 3 or that series is done. Boston has played on point/clutch! Pens can win if they show up and play fundamental hockey and stop trying to beat the Bruins by being the Bruins (getting physical). They also need to stop the stretch passes with the 2-3 defense the Bruins are playing. Crosby was a freakin’ embarrassment in Game 2 and Letang has played worse than a Peewee kid all series.

I predicted this series being 6 games and Pens winning. I still stick by Pens winning, but it’ll prob. be 7 games now. I’ll know after tonight’s game.

As for LA/Chicago, I predicted a 6 game series with Chicago winning it. L.A. is tough to beat at home, but not unbeatable.

[RET] – Retribution

(edited by AvengerCap.7983)

in Match-ups

btowl.7869

Dude! Pens haven’t played. Some other team has played. With that said, they need a statement game for game 3 or that series is done. Boston has played on point/clutch! Pens can win if they show up and play fundamental hockey and stop trying to beat the Bruins by being the Bruins (getting physical). They also need to stop the stretch passes with the 2-3 defense the Bruins are playing. Crosby was a freakin’ embarrassment in Game 2 and Letang has played worse than a Peewee kid all series.

I predicted this series being 6 games and Pens winning. I still stick by Pens winning, but it’ll prob. be 7 games now. I’ll know after tonight’s game.

As for LA/Chicago, I predicted a 6 game series with Chicago winning it. L.A. is tough to beat at home, but not unbeatable.

Isn’t LA undefeated at home in the playoffs this year and last? I’m not sure the Hawks will win, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see that series go 7 games. Both teams are very talented and deep.

Not too surprised about the Pens tho, their defense and especially goaltending have been suspect in the last two years of playoffs. Crosby definitely didn’t look himself in the last game, aside from the gamesmanship bs he’s quite well known for, and I don’t think the team as a whole has played to their potential. Islanders came very close to winning their series and, honestly, the Senators got lucky in drawing the Canadiens in the first round. Montreal played decent throughout the year, but really seemed to tail off towards the end of the regular season. We’ll see though, the Pens have it in them to win the series, but I don’t think that’s gonna happen.

Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sacrx.6721

Sacrx.6721

How is US t1 now?. Any guilds actually running in 20-30 man or is it all on 1 commander 24/7 60-100 man blobs all week?. Making usual excuse for being bad its not gvg its wvw… From reading first few pages seems fair few guilds interested in some GvG. How are the EU hours?. How is the lag etc?.

Red Guard – Ultimate Dominator World First 25/6/13
if carlsberg played Guardian.

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

OMG!

Look who I found!!!!!!!!!!!!! A lovely IRON guy! <3

Also thank you to these two SoR players who joined our pic, ALSO TOTALLY LOVE PLAYERS!!! (But which guild?! :P ) Was very nice of you to hop in!

Many <3 and as always, snuggle fiercely everyone :P

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

(edited by CuddleStrike.8215)