Tier 1: JQ/BG/SoR 5/31

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

Everyone uses ACs and will continue to do so until Anet nerfs them.

Queued SoR map zerg with 10 ACs last night

I love this game of showing off who has the bigger zerg, I can see myself in your picture!

Also we had exactly 15 AC’s not 10, We were running 2 AC’s per guildie.

Which one are you? Hahaha

The legend all by himself at the top right corner. Well kinda in the middle, but I’m all by myself at the top.

lol nice. I see you there. It was funny, cause at one point almost every AC had me targeted. I lived though =)

That turned out to be quite a fun night.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Everyone uses ACs and will continue to do so until Anet nerfs them.

Queued SoR map zerg with 10 ACs last night

I love this game of showing off who has the bigger zerg, I can see myself in your picture!

Also we had exactly 15 AC’s not 10, We were running 2 AC’s per guildie.

Which one are you? Hahaha

The legend all by himself at the top right corner. Well kinda in the middle, but I’m all by myself at the top.

lol nice. I see you there. It was funny, cause at one point almost every AC had me targeted. I lived though =)

That turned out to be quite a fun night.

Yeah, there was some really good fights with huge zergs on both sides.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drakh.3128

Drakh.3128

Prime time NA would be when all times zones are home from work yeah? Still another 10 minutes to go on this side of NA.

- Drakh (BT)
- Blackgate

in Match-ups

Raven Paradox.1860

Prime time NA would be when all times zones are home from work yeah? Still another 10 minutes to go on this side of NA.

Oh I’m sorry. I’ll take another picture of us holding all 3 garrisons in 10 minutes. Would that work for you?

in Match-ups

Posted by: kevinskyrider.3271

kevinskyrider.3271

It’s only almost 5pm PST. It’s been known for months that SoR is filled with NA East guilds which helps with the EU-Early NA trade off..

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drakh.3128

Drakh.3128

Oh I’m sorry. I’ll take another picture of us holding all 3 garrisons in 10 minutes. Would that work for you?

Whatever floats your boat, just sayin’ PST prime time isn’t for another 2 hours. I’m sure you’ll be hiding in your keeps behind ACs by then.

- Drakh (BT)
- Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

It’s only almost 5pm PST. It’s been known for months that SoR is filled with NA East guilds which helps with the EU-Early NA trade off..

I wonder how long till we start hearing about pvd in t1 during NA prime on NA servers. I’m really hoping TC moves up to t1 so we can fight more guilds rather than 1-2 guilds per JQ/BG everyday (NA prime).

in Match-ups

kevinskyrider.3271

Perhaps you should reread the post. I was implying that JQ/BG NA PST guilds start logging on in force within an hour or 2.

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Raven Paradox.1860

I’m west coast. NA primetime has already started. And it’s actually been about 20 minutes.

Here you go…

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/gw055f.jpg/

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

You sure are awesome fighting doors and guards.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

How is US t1 now?. Any guilds actually running in 20-30 man or is it all on 1 commander 24/7 60-100 man blobs all week?. Making usual excuse for being bad its not gvg its wvw… From reading first few pages seems fair few guilds interested in some GvG. How are the EU hours?. How is the lag etc?.

Ignore the other replies they are mainly talking about hours outside EU, lag is better than I experienced in eu t1, i dont notice skill delay but u know that from fighting here in the past. EU hours are not the most exciting due to lack of medium/large sized guilds, most keeps/towers are wooden, usually there is minimal blobs, skill lag on eb and that is it.

BG & JQ need a eu presence, if you guys come, I am sure some other EU will join you or go to another server. TBH it would be great if top eu guilds would move on mass, we dont have problems with coverage on the NA servers, so the pvd complaints/issues are not so relevant.

Persoanlly I love NA, I can fight SEA time, EU time and NA time and actually have decent fun fights. Anyway would be nice to have some more opposition in EU.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

(edited by Offski.4897)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hullo To U.7259

Hullo To U.7259

One of these days I reckon JQ and BG are going to start complaining about how the extra letter in ‘SoR’ has given us an unfair advantage or something and needs to be nerfed…

Takes longer to type and all that :P

in Match-ups

Raven Paradox.1860

lol nice job BG at Garrison. Thanks for the rank up.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Doing an all-call for JQ and SoR owners of Twilight. :> Any profession. I’m shooting for highly theatrical for my next set of videos, so… I need people with fancy weapons to fight with my fancy weapon. There may be gold (if requested) and YouTube involved. Please contact me through PM here or in-game at your earliest convenience. ^^

Another score update! You know, to keep the post relevant.

Attachments:

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maharius.4651

Maharius.4651

How is US t1 now?. Any guilds actually running in 20-30 man or is it all on 1 commander 24/7 60-100 man blobs all week?. Making usual excuse for being bad its not gvg its wvw… From reading first few pages seems fair few guilds interested in some GvG. How are the EU hours?. How is the lag etc?.

Ignore the other replies they are mainly talking about hours outside EU, lag is better than I experienced in eu t1. EU hours are not the most exciting due to lack of medium/large sized guilds, most keeps are wooden, usually there is minimal blobs, skill lag on eb and that is it.

BG & JQ need a eu presence, if you guys come, I am sure some other EU will join you or go to another server. TBH it would be great if top eu guilds would move on mass, we dont have problems with coverage on the NA servers, so the pvd complaints/issues are not so relevant.

Persoanlly I love NA, I can fight SEA time, EU time and NA time and actually have decent fun fights. Anyway would be nice to have some more opposition in EU.

Just like to reiterate this. When we first transfered over from the EU servers to US we were worried about skill lag, but we found that actually it was far better. Either the connections are better/simpler to get to them, or the servers here are not held together by duct tape like in the EU :p

Having more EU over here would make T1 a much better place to be. Having IRON here has stepped it up a notch, numbers wise they dominate. JQ has no organised guilds at this time, and BG just has us in RK for the EU timeslot and IRON outnumber us 3:1.

If JQ were to get another guild even of RK’s size then then match would be much better rounded, at the moment we cant stop them, but thats because they dont have to worry about a JQ presence. So if guilds are going to come across i would say go JQ first!

They should have made all servers universal to start with, would have stopped a lot of the PvD arguements off the bat. Personally i would like to see the 3 servers here talking and organising to fill each others gaps outside of NA prime.

p.s. Anyone else think the server availability always being full for BG and JQ is bull? Full in EU time..seriously?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

Totally agree with Maharius.4651, in the interests of balance, JQ would be the server of choice for a EU guild.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

Agreed, first server to get EU should be JQ. Then start at the top again and filter out.

The EU guilds moving over should balance themselves out imo. Imagine how much fun it would be.

in Match-ups

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I love how Raven Paradox is boasting how great SoR is. Yeah, it’s called PvDoor!!!

JQ just a few minutes ago was outmanned on 3 maps. Obviously, no queues at all either. It’s easy to claim how great you are when you are playing with yourself

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kaltastic.3146

kaltastic.3146

Seriously BG is it possible to have a fight without putting 100’ of ac’s up? We are’nt trying to take your keep we are just trying to have some fights.

No excuses your blob is as big as ours, you will never learn to fight if u always run and alwauys rely on ac’s.

SoR BL just a few minutes ago; SoR zerg dropped AC’s against equal numbers first in NE camp and then 2 min later in North camp…

Everyone uses AC’s but only one group of people is deluding themselves that they don’t and come here to constantly complain about it.

We share apocalyptic views, how comforting that we see it too.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

We lost garrison, PvDoor.
We took garrison, epic fight.

When you win, it is skill. When you lose it is coverage. I do enjoy the thread. Always a good read on a slow work day. I would ask for an score , but there really isn’t a point (cwhatididthere)

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in Match-ups

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Seriously BG is it possible to have a fight without putting 100’ of ac’s up? We are’nt trying to take your keep we are just trying to have some fights.

No excuses your blob is as big as ours, you will never learn to fight if u always run and alwauys rely on ac’s.

SoR BL just a few minutes ago; SoR zerg dropped AC’s against equal numbers first in NE camp and then 2 min later in North camp…

Everyone uses AC’s but only one group of people is deluding themselves that they don’t and come here to constantly complain about it.

yea i was in that fight, it wasn’t equal, u were more and yeah i agree its sad to see dropping AC’s at the drop of a hat, i simply stopped running with that group and moved to a different channel after i saw that.

Anet please nerf AC’s its not fun for anybody!

(edited by salluks.6017)

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

After all these months it’s now due to the Eastern Time zone guilds, haha.

Thanks for the laughs!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

We lost garrison, PvDoor.
We took garrison, epic fight.

When you win, it is skill. When you lose it is coverage. I do enjoy the thread. Always a good read on a slow work day. I would ask for an score , but there really isn’t a point (cwhatididthere)

This was sor for 11 weeks in T2. Not saying that people in this thread on BG and JQ aren’t doing it, but how quickly we forget our own foibles.

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

I love how Raven Paradox is boasting how great SoR is. Yeah, it’s called PvDoor!!!

JQ just a few minutes ago was outmanned on 3 maps. Obviously, no queues at all either. It’s easy to claim how great you are when you are playing with yourself

wouldn’t be pvdoor during na prime if 50% of jq na didn’t xfer to db. I can prob speak for all of sor when I say we hope u guys recruit some na numbers to help round u out

O and stop being such a negative nancy a lot of ur posts r depressing

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

(edited by SykkoB.9465)

in Match-ups

kevinskyrider.3271

Thanks for the laughs!

I’m not sure why you find that “funny”. If you do, I think you haven’t had enough fun yet. Also, nobody said all credit should be given to their EST guilds. It is a fact that SoR tends to have more presence during early NA, but that tends to stabilize as the BG/JQ PST guilds zone into the maps. I’ll leave it up to you to analyze the past 2 hours.

Blackgate

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

Thanks for the laughs!

I’m not sure why you find that “funny”. If you do, I think you haven’t had enough fun yet. Also, nobody said all credit should be given to their EST guilds. It is a fact that SoR tends to have more presence during early NA, but that tends to stabilize as the BG/JQ PST guilds zone into the maps. I’ll leave it up to you to analyze the past 2 hours.

So none of these guilds can fill that gap? I guess BG’s next round of recruitment will focus on that time slot eh?

BG now has:

NA: KnT, ICOA, BT, RISE, GOF, ATAC, PRO, RIOT, RUIN, WORK, RESO, OnS
OC: MERC, LOTD, MEOW, NOC, URGE, XF
AZ: THAI, ND, ND, WM, JL, NBB
EURO: HB, RK

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

yea i was in that fight, it wasn’t equal, u were more and yeah i agree its sickening to see dropping AC’s at the drop of a hat, i simply stopped running with that group and moved to a different channel after i saw that.

It’s glad to see you talking so poorly about your fellow server mates.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mohmohchan.4120

Mohmohchan.4120

Thanks for the laughs!

So none of these guilds can fill that gap? I guess BG’s next round of recruitment will focus on that time slot eh?

BG now has:

They are not quality guilds. Enough said.

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

Thanks for the laughs!

BG now has:

They are not quality guilds. Enough said.

Shhhh! BG still thinks they don’t have the numbers…..

in Match-ups

salluks.6017

yea i was in that fight, it wasn’t equal, u were more and yeah i agree its sad to see dropping AC’s at the drop of a hat, i simply stopped running with that group and moved to a different channel after i saw that.

am talking to AC use specifically, doesnt matter what server it is.. and i am not the only one who hates them more than anything in gw2.

i am talking in general and not specifically about that one fight

(edited by salluks.6017)

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

I think we’re doing OK with our limited numbers. At the end, if you’re going out there, having fun, getting some bags, killing some dudes…. it’s all good. That’s my take on it… I do that every night, regardless of the PPT/score. We watched some poor guy get taken out by the enemy quaggans earlier tonight on BGBL hills, and figured the quaggans wanted their bags as well, greedy buggers Just have fun with it.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Nakoor.1980

am talking to AC use specifically, doesnt matter what server it is.. and i am not the only one who hates them more than anything in gw2.

It’s not a bad idea to drop Ac’s if you are massively outnumbered. Dropping them when even fights or you outnumber them then I can see that being annoying. Though it’s all part of the game now. Everyone needs to adjust to that.

in Match-ups

salluks.6017

It’s not a bad idea to drop Ac’s if you are massively outnumbered. Dropping them when even fights or you outnumber them then I can see that being annoying. Though it’s all part of the game now. Everyone needs to adjust to that.

No, something imba needs to be fixed, we dont need to adjust to something that is broken, they need to fix it and we have to whine about it until they do, atleast i will!

in Match-ups

Nakoor.1980

wtb tactical nuke to kill AC’s though

Why would you want that when you’re in MERC?

We only use carts when we’re outnumbered 2:1 or if we’re not on the map. Everyone uses carts, get over it – its just a disappointing change in the meta.

Eh yesterday morning you outnumbered a small zerg which you considered an Iron zerg because the commander was an Iron commander (despite the zerg being mostly us PuGs) and used ACs to defend multiple choke points while outnumbering that zerg 2:1.

But you do have a point. Everyone does use ACs. It’s just a dang shame that ArenaNet thinks they’re helping WvW. All they do is give baddies a chance. It doesn’t seem all that bad, but it doesn’t encourage people to defend objectives with tactics besides the placement of a siege weapon. The game should encourage you to get better, not reward you by sitting in a safe area on a wall shooting down on a big amount of players with an overpowered, easy to obtain piece of garbage.

To balance this new overpowered AC crap, ArenaNet should make those things have a limited amount of ammunition, or require much more supply than 30/40.

Is this what you mean by AC’s give baddies a chance????

How rude of us to drop ac’s like that, please forgive us we did not realize you guys were still upset over losing your T3 fully supplied garrison to 10 people today while you were playing in bay.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

I think we’re doing OK with our limited numbers. At the end, if you’re going out there, having fun, getting some bags, killing some dudes…. it’s all good. That’s my take on it… I do that every night, regardless of the PPT/score. We watched some poor guy get taken out by the enemy quaggans earlier tonight on BGBL hills, and figured the quaggans wanted their bags as well, greedy buggers Just have fun with it.

Which of us will be lucky to face DB this Friday? It’s bound to happen and they are gonna be riding high via the T3 faceroll. I would love to see them bumped up to T1. Also a JQ vs DB would be pretty epic due to the history involved….

in Match-ups

kaltastic.3146

For people who need a visual on what TW means when they use terms like massively outnumbered.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Which of us will be lucky to face DB this Friday? It’s bound to happen and they are gonna be riding high via the T3 faceroll. I would love to see them bumped up to T1. Also a JQ vs DB would be pretty epic due to the history involved….

As much as I wanna fight DB, and… oh, I do… I’d love to see DB have to play SoR and BG. I’d pop the popcorn. Make it so, RNG gods!

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Nakoor.1980

For people who need a visual on what TW means when they use terms like massively outnumbered.

It’s good thing both sides were pretty even or close to during that fight or else your post might actually make sense. We both had huge zergs by that time and at the time that picture was taken, I believe you had some of your force was still coming back from respawn.

I did say that we gained huge numbers to push you guys out of north camp towards the end so I’m not sure what you are on about.

(edited by Nakoor.1980)

in Match-ups

Posted by: fade.8603

fade.8603

Thanks for the laughs!

BG now has:

Please update your outdated list. If you are to put guilds that supply a few manpower as a force in that timezone, you should include every single tag to make our force look larger no? I believe there are more guilds in SoR than what BG/JQ has now. Feel free to put up that list of SoR’s.

BlackGate

in Match-ups

kaltastic.3146

We only use carts when we’re outnumbered 2:1 or if we’re not on the map. Everyone uses carts, get over it – its just a disappointing change in the meta.

Eh yesterday morning you outnumbered a small zerg which you considered an Iron zerg because the commander was an Iron commander (despite the zerg being mostly us PuGs) and used ACs to defend multiple choke points while outnumbering that zerg 2:1.

But you do have a point. Everyone does use ACs. It’s just a dang shame that ArenaNet thinks they’re helping WvW. All they do is give baddies a chance. It doesn’t seem all that bad, but it doesn’t encourage people to defend objectives with tactics besides the placement of a siege weapon. The game should encourage you to get better, not reward you by sitting in a safe area on a wall shooting down on a big amount of players with an overpowered, easy to obtain piece of garbage.

To balance this new overpowered AC crap, ArenaNet should make those things have a limited amount of ammunition, or require much more supply than 30/40.

How rude of us to drop ac’s like that, please forgive us we did not realize you guys were still upset over losing your T3 fully supplied garrison to 10 people today while you were playing in bay.

Nope, I don’t think it is rude at all. Some of the AC placement you used tonight was actually pretty ingenious. I personally think that anything the ANET intends you to do is fair game. This is war after all, not the Olympics.

Just making the point, again, that people come here thinking their server is the special snow flake that is different from everyone else (e.g. my server doesn’t PvDoor, Zerg, drop AC’s. 2v1. blah blah blah) and its amusing to bust their little bubble.

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

From your map I see 3 commander tags, a slew of green dot allies to the left of you and behind. If you want to fictionalize the numbers advantage, remember to remove the dots on your map before attachment……

in Match-ups

Nakoor.1980

Nope, I don’t think it is rude at all. Some of the AC placement you used tonight was actually pretty ingenious. I personally think that anything the ANET intends you to do is fair game. This is war after all, not the Olympics.

Just making the point, again, that people come here thinking their server is the special snow flake that is different from everyone else (e.g. my server doesn’t PvDoor, Zerg, drop AC’s. 2v1. blah blah blah) and its amusing to bust their little bubble.

Haha….I only kid.

in Match-ups

kaltastic.3146

From your map I see 3 commander tags, a slew of green dot allies to the left of you and behind. If you want to fictionalize the numbers advantage, remember to remove the dots on your map before attachment……

Scroll above and read the post from the TW guy who was actually there about how the numbers were even and then ponder how you foolish you look….

in Match-ups

Nakoor.1980

Scroll above and read the post from the TW guy who was actually there about how the numbers were even and then ponder how you foolish you look….

I used the term “massively outnumbered” in regards to the fight that took place at the north camp in the archway. At the time that happened we were outnumbered, but we got a huge swell of player towards the end and managed to push out.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

Interesting perspective. And if it is true, impressive if they’ve got the entire server all on the same page. How that is even possible I don’t know though, so many different players and guilds.

I dunno I’m still trying to figure that one out.

SoR certainly seems unified on the battlefield from our perspective,if you know what I mean.

And you seem lost. Cuz the small group action is down a few tiers.
Has been common knowledge for months now.

We enjoy ganking lost zerglings, and wouldn’t stand a chance against the small group action down a few tiers. ;-)

Actually small groups ganking stragglers is no different than zergs running over smaller groups. A small group is a zerg versus a single player. The numbers win so the small groups promote zergs teaching players that the strength lies in numbers. Personally, I only enjoy winning against the odds.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

(edited by Zen.8497)

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

I count 15 SoR in that zerg. TW doesn’t run with more people.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

Nakoor.1980

Interesting perspective. And if it is true, impressive if they’ve got the entire server all on the same page. How that is even possible I don’t know though, so many different players and guilds.

I dunno I’m still trying to figure that one out.

SoR certainly seems unified on the battlefield from our perspective,if you know what I mean.

And you seem lost. Cuz the small group action is down a few tiers.
Has been common knowledge for months now.

We enjoy ganking lost zerglings, and wouldn’t stand a chance against the small group action down a few tiers. ;-)

Actually small groups ganking stragglers is no different than zergs running over smaller groups. A small group is a zerg versus a single player. The numbers win so the small groups promote zergs teaching players that the strength lies in numbers. Personally, I only enjoy winning against the odds.

If RioT left idk what I would do….I wouldn’t have my favorite BG havoc squad to kill anymore. The disappointment would kill me.

in Match-ups

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

Wow, a guy from FEAR opens his mouth and in 1 fail swoop pretty much disrespects every guild on BG. You sir are a tool. And believe me there are plenty of good guilds on BG. And trust me when I tell you that I have a lot of respect for some guilds on SOR but your guild isn’t one of them. Sick of watching SOR trolls on this forum. You guys are pathetic. Just a sad waste of human skin. So troll away Internet tough guys, cause in real life you have absolutely nothing better to do.

If this doesn’t apply to you, then don’t take offense. If it does then flame away.

I love that the phrase is actually “one fell swoop” but somehow, in this situation “one fail swoop” works even better.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

Wow, a guy from FEAR opens his mouth and in 1 fail swoop pretty much disrespects every guild on BG. You sir are a tool. And believe me there are plenty of good guilds on BG. And trust me when I tell you that I have a lot of respect for some guilds on SOR but your guild isn’t one of them. Sick of watching SOR trolls on this forum. You guys are pathetic. Just a sad waste of human skin. So troll away Internet tough guys, cause in real life you have absolutely nothing better to do.

If this doesn’t apply to you, then don’t take offense. If it does then flame away.

On that exact same note, I’m sick of BG and JQ trolls! Less JQ but more the BG ones. I hate how everyone goes on about the SoR trolls, but forgets about their own trash.

All for troll hate, but please oh please don’t go on about these ‘SoR trolls’. As if SoR trolls is an actual thing. Why can’t you just hate on all trolls equally rather then bringing up this whole mentality that one server has the worst posters in the world. If you think that, then I say in the KINDEST way possible, that you’re a silly RARA doodah stinky salad burger.

Every server has its forum warriors. Don’t pick solely on our ones.

And don’t react so harshly to such an empty comment. BG has great guilds. You don’t need anybody else to tell you otherwise.

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]