Tier 1: JQ/BG/SoR 5/31

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

I remember HB (germanic sounding guild name) on BG used to /laugh all the time. Haven’t seen a /laugh in a while though.

Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

BG doing another blackout to cram more guilds in….

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Will JQ overtake BG to take their 14th silver medal? Only about 9 hours to go !!

Attachments:

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

BG doing another blackout to cram more guilds in….

As silly as BG thinking they need more guilds is (really, guys? really?), I wish anet would just increase server pop already so we don’t have to resort to ancient voodoo that may or may not even work.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

Daam, this last resort JQ push o.O

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yshyr.8709

Yshyr.8709

With as many people as BG has crammed on the server the fair weather population has to be massive. When they do start winning again they are going to see record breaking queues.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Don’t get too many splinters JQ! Need you ready for reset

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: YukBaron.8527

YukBaron.8527

Daam, this last resort JQ push o.O

The live map looks omnious.

Hang on to those garrisons SoR!

Alphur – Thief
[TSym]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

It’s amusing how BG is doing blackouts to get even more guilds.

I mean they are the first server to cry when they lose, first server to gloat when they win, but the last server to try and help balance a tier.

I think it’s pretty safe to say, that you do not need more guilds, just organization. Try doing the right thing and sending your potential recruits to the server that does need them(JQ). At least, SoR refuses transfers and sends them both our way, BG on the other hand cares only about winning it seems and over-stacking their server.

in Match-ups

MagiKarp.8201

I mean they are the first server to cry when they lose, first server to gloat when they win, but the last server to try and help balance a tier.

Nah mate, that’s you.

Blackgate WvW Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

I think it’s pretty safe to say, that you do not need more guilds, just organization. Try doing the right thing and sending your potential recruits to the server that does need them(JQ). At least, SoR refuses transfers and sends them both our way, BG on the other hand cares only about winning it seems and over-stacking their server.

Can you imagine the queue length they would have if their fair weather players decided to all play like they used to?

in Match-ups

YukBaron.8527

Nah mate, that’s you.

Alphur – Thief
[TSym]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

JQ just hit “Very High.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

JQ just hit “Very High.”

BG doing blackout and JQ is very high, now this is interesting,

l

in Match-ups

Posted by: FalseFlag.8793

FalseFlag.8793

You talk as if BG is one person. In my experience when we lose we fight harder, when we win we try to keep winning, and as far as balancing a tier… That’s next to impossible to do without help or cooperation from Anet.

When the well drops the party stops.
Kauanoe Bringer – Blackest of Gates

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

Is BG actually doing a blackout? I’ve been sitting here refreshing the world selection page since BG’s WvW score started to tank and I haven’t seen Blackgate move down to “Very High” once. Maybe I missed it.

in Match-ups

MagiKarp.8201

Your on crack. JQ Full.

Attachments:

Blackgate WvW Commander

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

I didn’t take a screenshot but I assure you JQ moved to “Very High” for about ten minutes.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mussolini.3490

Mussolini.3490

JQ has been dropping from Full to Very High constantly, but for short period of times, yesterday we were at Very High right before the start of NA prime.

[DI] Divide Et Impera
Jade Quarry
Calígula Severus

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

Jeez really starting to sound like a SoR player there lol

Isn’t JQ getting RG again? If that’s the case it will make a significant difference to JQ’s coverage (and as a result, their competitiveness in the overall scoring).

(edited by oxide.8324)

in Match-ups

Aurust.8961

Isn’t JQ getting RG again? If that’s the case it will make a significant difference to JQ’s coverage (and as a result, their competitiveness in the overall scoring).

No. he is probably starting to realize what SOR players knew for a long time, and why SOR generally has no respect for BG….

JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

JQ has been dropping from Full to Very High constantly, but for short period of times, yesterday we were at Very High right before the start of NA prime.

Same for BG. Just about every day there are short periods when the status drops. It’s very random and tends to be very short however.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Aurust.8961

You talk as if BG is one person. In my experience when we lose we fight harder, when we win we try to keep winning, and as far as balancing a tier… That’s next to impossible to do without help or cooperation from Anet.

“In my experience when we lose we fight harder….”

Well, in my experience, when Blackgate wins OR loses, they generally never show any kind of long term resilience…. until they buy some more guilds that is.

JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarin Twisted.4183

Tarin Twisted.4183

Your on crack. JQ Full.

JQ is only full because when BG sees JQ at very high they send in their sabotage team to guest on JQ making it seem full but it really is only at very high!

BG will do anything to hold down JQ I tell ya!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Well, in my experience, when Blackgate wins OR loses, they generally never show any kind of long term resilience…. until they buy some more guilds that is.

/hug

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

Your on crack. JQ Full.

JQ is only full because when BG sees JQ at very high they send in their sabotage team to guest on JQ making it seem full but it really is only at very high!

BG will do anything to hold down JQ I tell ya!

It’s a kunspeerasee!!

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

/hug

Keep em coming. Aurust obviously needs a lot of them.

Here’s one from me. /hug

Attachments:

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grithan Soulforge.5726

Grithan Soulforge.5726

Here’s one from me. /hug

That style of trolling kinda falls flat when you’re trying it against the team that just dominated you for yet another week.

Watching BG trying to do everything they can to beat SoR but failing every week does have entertainment value.

[BfB] Grithan/Trigan – JQ

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

That style of trolling kinda falls flat when you’re trying it against the team that just dominated you for yet another week.

Watching BG trying to do everything they can to beat SoR but failing every week does have entertainment value.

My post had nothing to do with SoR as a “team”, as you put it, or server. And what do you mean by “everything it can”? Do you mean going out each night and trying to score points with whomever is on the maps? Isn’t JQ doing the same thing, yet achieving the same end result? The horse you’re sitting on must have a nice view from up there.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Grithan Soulforge.5726

My post had nothing to do with SoR as a “team”, as you put it, or server. And what do you mean by “everything it can”? Do you mean going out each night and trying to score points with whomever is on the maps? Isn’t JQ doing the same thing, yet achieving the same end result? The horse you’re sitting on must have a nice view from up there.

I think you need a hug. It’s a game. Chill bro.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

Don’t compare JQ to BG, our two servers are nothing alike.

in Match-ups

Grithan Soulforge.5726

So… Do we actually know what new guilds are transferring to BG or are we just maximizing our forum trolling PPT?

in Match-ups

Posted by: muekung.2518

muekung.2518

So… Do we actually know what new guilds are transferring to BG or are we just maximizing our forum trolling PPT?

[XF]. SEA PvX guild

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

Sorry for the tone of my previous reply to you. Your previous comment got under my skin a bit and I know better than to let that happen. Anyhoo, it’s one guild, which was known and posted right in this thread earlier in the week, or maybe even in last week’s match thread. People are just getting riled up when they saw the PPT this morning.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: SpitFire.4690

SpitFire.4690

for this week, see u guys on reset

Primordus Virtus [RISE] Prime Leader – Prince Járvan
Our greatest strength lies in never failing,
But we [RISE] each time we fall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kjendar.6459

Kjendar.6459

Meanwhile, by the windmill..

Did anyone else think of Rock em Sock em robots when they send this.

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

No. he is probably starting to realize what SOR players knew for a long time, and why SOR generally has no respect for BG….

SoR didn’t think of balancing the tier when they accepted IRON and began getting blowout wins.

What’s wrong with BG accepting new guilds to become more competitive?
What evidence is there to suggest that JQ needs transfers more than BG?

Also sorry if 1 or 2 people gloated and hurt everyone on SoR’s feelings

(edited by oxide.8324)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

BG is getting MORE guilds? This is beginning to be quite hilarious now haha.

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

[XF]. SEA PvX guild

I think BG should direct them to SoR to balance that time zone.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in Match-ups

YukBaron.8527

SoR didn’t think of balancing the tier when they accepted IRON and began getting 40-90k blowout wins.

First: Accepting guilds into a server, that play in a time zone in which said server is ticking the lowest out of the three serves in a given tier does not sound like the worst attempt at unbalancing a tier to me.

Second: SoR was “Very High” in that time zone. What were we supposed to do? Log in to block the transfer? It is fundamentally different with logging off to allow a transfer.

Third: IRON scouted all 3 servers, this has been said repeatedly. I was in the ts channel when they notified us that they were transferring here.

Arguably, they would have upset the score in the tier regardless of the server they went to. But tier 1 has never been exactly balanced to be honest. And I think they fit the best in SoR :P.

Alphur – Thief
[TSym]

in Match-ups

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

SoR didn’t think of balancing the tier when they accepted IRON and began getting blowout wins.

It’s not that IRON lead to the blowouts (which by the way isn’t that large of a blowout compared to other SoR/BG/JQ matches). The real problem is that a lot of JQ na quit, or transferred, while some guilds on BG disappeared, leading to SoR victory. Combined with our pve players giving wvwvw a shot for the first time, a blowout happened. All of this happened in a short span, and was unforeseeable.

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

lol, IRON was on all three servers when scouting, SoR at the time was 3rd place but nice try. As for the second part, do you honestly feel as if your sever needs more guilds? How many guilds are you guys up to now? JQ has received zero guilds for how long now and yet they are able to keep up with BG in ppt/score. Your server does not need any more guilds, what your server needs is organization and a strong leader which I doubt you have as BG seems to quickly devour any guild looking into moving servers. Then as quickly as those guilds arrive, they begin to dissolve. It’s quite an annoying trend to watch. BG has the potential to compete at all time slots with what they have, but there player base lacks motivation which is likely due to poor leadership.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in Match-ups

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

are u seriously typing that?

When IRON was looking to transfer, 4 servers including DB were scouted and , at the time BG was actually dominating and SOR was 3rd and hadn’t won a single game in tier 1, i dont recall BG saying no to IRON at the time.

maybe try recruiting wvw guilds rather than PVX guilds for a change.

SOR got 1 guild and BG has got 6-8 guilds including WM,BT. if u still don’t manage to be competitive, rather than recruiting more and more guilds, maybe look at the core problem?

in Match-ups

Posted by: VitaminK.2517

VitaminK.2517

Before IRON arrived on SoR there was a balanced tier neither.

But yes, i don´t understand when people complain about BG even when they think of the “Blackhole”. Competition will benefit from stronger JQ and BG. Although the lag will become worse and worse. If there wasn´t the new matchup system JQ-BG-SOR would soon manage to blow Anet´s server.

in Match-ups

Liquid.9672

Yeah, I don’t blame IRON in the slightest. They made the best decision they could with the information available at the time. The fact is, they would have imbalanced a tier no matter where they decided to go, due in part to playing in a time zone that is typically weak for all NA servers and mostly due to the morale boost and excitement factor they would bring with them. SoR obviously had the players available, they just needed an event like the IRON transfer to start to care on a broader scale.

It’s all good. Things ebb and flow, and the only guarantee is that the balance of power can and will change in GW2 WvW. As long as it’s still fun, exciting, and frustrating, I’ll be out there every night I can.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

I can’t even remember now, but I don’t believe we’ve got any new guilds since free transfers closed. That was in, what, January? That said, from that point until the end of April, we didn’t need any. I don’t believe we need gobs of people at the moment, either. Just enough to set us back afloat, and not lolcrushsmash everyone else in the tier.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

Here’s one from me. /hug

Maybe I’m the one that needed the hug

in Match-ups

Posted by: muekung.2518

muekung.2518

Here’s one from me. /hug

Maybe I’m the one that needed the hug

With 25 stacks of might ?

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

are u seriously typing that?

When IRON was looking to transfer, 4 servers including DB were scouted and , at the time BG was actually dominating and SOR was 3rd and hadn’t won a single game in tier 1, i dont recall BG saying no to IRON at the time.

SOR got 1 guild and BG has got 6-8 guilds including WM,BT. if u still don’t manage to be competitive, rather than recruiting more and more guilds, maybe look at the core problem?

I said no to IRON as soon as I heard them transferring. I recommended them right to SoR, JQ and TC. Even then I realized BG didn’t need to say no as if we were covered. Our apparent EU domination was leftovers from other time zones, but the tier needed a shake up.

People complaining about transfers amuse me.
“Coverage is everything, this is war, l2p.”
“Wait, no, you can’t have equal or more people than us in any time zone. That’s not fair.”
“You’re unorganized, not outnumbered.”

It’s kind of pathetic that there are people on this forum so afraid of transfers when I know for a fact most SoR and JQ are thinking, “Bring it on!” The rest of you do your servers no justice.

Also, nice of you to speculate on our queue’s, but there are always one or two borderlands with no queue in NA prime. One of the perks.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

Actually BG did say no to IRON, they were told that any move to tier 1 would unbalance the tier and were advised to go to a tier 2 server such as TC, DB or FA, they were told the numbers of euro players on BG and JQ, and there would be not be much opposition to there numbers and that current euro timezone scores were a result of SEA guilds staying up late, IRON were told if they chose to move to BG we would do what we could to assist them but our recommendation was to go to tier 2

JQ unfortunately looks less attractive to transfers due to how dominate they have been in tier 1, the fact that a few guilds have left them hasn’t quiet filtered through and JQ could use some transfers, but I doubt that the SEA timezone is where they need their recruits

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au