Tier 1: SoR/BG/JQ 05/17/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Didn’t make it in before I left – Good luck to everyone that has made it in – when I get back on Monday, let me know how things are going Hopefully will see you all soon!

Happy Friday!

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

It’ll take a bit of time for BT to get everyone on BG so we probably won’t be in full force for reset (only 15 in so far QQ). That said we’re really looking forward to some good fights with new opponents.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Score update lul

Notice the locale of said score update.
Gave me a chuckle

Yup HoTM. The fastest place to load in and out of the game or wvw.

You know I really want to see the day when Pot and Kettle post in the same thread

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Good Fights ladies. Let’s line up and punch face again. Pot, meet you behind the camp with the briefcase of gold again at 7?

Bring your assets please.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Solori.6025

Good Fights ladies. Let’s line up and punch face again. Pot, meet you behind the camp with the briefcase of gold again at 7?

…………..
You know….out of context <_<…

There is something really dirty about this >_>…

just sayin….

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

…………..

just sayin….

you DO know I’m sending you Solo! <3
But really Pot, I love you.. stop fighting with us. It breaks my heart.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in Match-ups

Posted by: AmphibianX.7042

AmphibianX.7042

Play to win, win or lose. Whether it’s “just a game” or real life, if this isn’t your attitude, start shopping now for a comfortable rocking chair and a house with a big front porch to watch sunsets from.

[uncensored clip]

thats sor right there xD

I agree, this is SoR, and after that speech, SoR went out there and won the match (Twice now). but what now?
I was one of those Kaineng guys, who had never been to t1, and was fighting hard to get there, but stuff happens and kaineng started losing people, so I transfer with my guild to BG and that same week, we won the match, but then I asked myself what now?
we won, we got the gold, I celebrated and all that stuff, but what should one do after they take down the “champion”? I guess being the underdog is better than being the “Top Dog” when I was in Kaineng I was inspired by those motivational speeches like the one mentioned to fight and to never give up, but after you go out there and win it all, and you have it all, what else is there to do?
kudos to JQ (and SoS) for being #1 for all those weeks in a row. is this what defines a true champion? by defending your Crown/Belt.
at what point does one start to become being driven by great?

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
-Winston Churchill

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

…………..

just sayin….

Aww, let us mend that broken heart. Since you asked nicely…..

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Score update lul

Notice the locale of said score update.
Gave me a chuckle

Yup HoTM. The fastest place to load in and out of the game or wvw.

You know I really want to see the day when Pot and Kettle post in the same thread

Thats original

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

Your face is original!

yeeeeeeeeee I went there. >:U

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Match-ups

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

More guilds to the Blackhole om nom nom.. critical mass.. om nom nom..

I’m still wondering how BG got outcoveraged by a server that was apparently on its deathbed imploding at 50 PPT on reset a week ago. Pretty sure we lost some random EB guilds last week along with the rest of the bandwagon too. Anyhow, GG, congrats to SoR on the win.

in Match-ups

Solori.6025

…………..

just sayin….

. . . . .
wait…..
woman did you just sign me up as an asset?! -_-

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Are those future match ups posted in the official link a couple pages back for real? (I didn’t read it. Whoever wrote it needs to be more concise ‘cuz ain’t nobody got time for dat).

If so… ANet stahp.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Are those future match ups posted in the official link a couple pages back for real? (I didn’t read it. Whoever wrote it needs to be more concise ‘cuz ain’t nobody got time for dat).

If so… ANet stahp.

No. Just an example.

in Match-ups

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I just received word that EMP left JQ to DB is that so when SoR knocks BG out of T1 JQ will have ties with DB via EMP so they can take out the behemoth SoR. They decided to goto DB once they heard words of talk between SoR and the IRON BEHEMOTH from EU and that this is the only way to stop the BEHEMOTH SoR brought to the NA. I’m very excited and cannot wait for DB to take BG spot because we need to take the behemoth out and teach him his place and that NA is no place for a EU BEHEMOTH. Its great timing as well because the living story should be over and done with so our numbers will be fierce and mighty SoR will be nothing but an insect compared to us with this great timing.

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

I just received word that EMP left JQ to DB is that so when SoR knocks BG out of T1 JQ will have ties with DB via EMP so they can take out the behemoth SoR. They decided to goto DB once they heard words of talk between SoR and the IRON BEHEMOTH from EU and that this is the only way to stop the BEHEMOTH SoR brought to the NA. I’m very excited and cannot wait for DB to take BG spot because we need to take the behemoth out and teach him his place and that NA is no place for a EU BEHEMOTH. Its great timing as well because the living story should be over and done with so our numbers will be fierce and mighty SoR will be nothing but an insect compared to us with this great timing.

I don’t even know where to start.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yshyr.8709

Yshyr.8709

So, I guess the word of the day is BEHEMOTH.

in Match-ups

Solori.6025

I don’t even know where to start.

…………….Lets start with the behemoth……….

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Dem Bigwerds mmhmm

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Do not despair BG, I hope this was a clever ruse to save up energy and gold for this week; when your place at the end of the week is going to matter.

SoR has gained coverage, and it might be asking too much for you to take the Gold (and to be honest, I’m rooting for SoR). However, taking out a JQ that has taken a month straight on the chin…I don’t think that’s asking for too much.

Just lean-in, and push them to T2 so they can have a proper round of the blame game and send their fairweathers off to other servers. Let them be purified in the fires of shame and if they can then retake the silver or even maybe the gold someday; then I’ll acknowledge that they are truly the best NA server ever and not just the beneficiary of luck and timing.

in Match-ups

Solori.6025

Do not despair BG, I hope this was a clever ruse to save up energy and gold for this week; when your place at the end of the week is going to matter.

SoR has gained coverage, and it might be asking too much for you to take the Gold (and to be honest, I’m rooting for SoR). However, taking out a JQ that has taken a month straight on the chin…I don’t think that’s asking for too much.

Just lean-in, and push them to T2 so they can have a proper round of the blame game and send their fairweathers off to other servers. Let them be purified in the fires of shame and if they can then retake the silver or even maybe the gold someday; then I’ll acknowledge that they are truly the best NA server ever and not just the beneficiary of luck and timing.

…………
You seem upset 0_o?..

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

just noticed both t1 and t2 have a server going from first to third and second place is a server that has lost 2 guilds

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

Good job again this week Sor,
hope your not getting to burnt out yet with your na staying up well past there bed times into Oceanic/sea times must be getting a little worn out. Not sure how you guys can afford much more gold to pay JQ off after paying for your iron transfer.
Surley you guys dont have enough gold to keep JQ from hitting you this week coming,
JQ has always said they go for green" always ", yet don’t think they have even had 1 go at your Garri all week or even pushed your bl have they? mmmm .
Don’t thin anyone can say bg has been 2>1 this week at all it has been a very fair battle Blackgate > SOQ .

PMSL that should keep the trolls running till reset .
On the honest side Great Job again this week SOR you pushed hard and had massive coverage across all time zones. great to see JQ coming back strong, and we at BG have had great fun in my oceanic time thanks for the massive battles hopefully we come out in force this week across all zones since our little sun-baking hoilday on the lovely beaches at southsun cove is almost at an end.

cheers phabby

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

One thing you forgot, as of next weeks matchup “Tiers” will no longer exist as match-ups will be based mainly of a servers Deviation + RNG and match-ups will become randomized.

It was a nice dream though, looks like DB’s only hope to play with the Sanctum of Behemoth’s is down to pure luck and not tier progressing.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Match-ups

Posted by: watch out or bleed.3068

watch out or bleed.3068

Want to thank Riot, ND and Pro for the GvGs all night. We won 5 out of 6. You guys got lucky with the last one. Out numbered us 3 to 1. but was a good fight. Glad to see other active guilds.

It was good fights you guys were definitely tough and well organized guild. Last fight I wouldn’t say we outnumbered you 3 to 1 maybe 2 to 1 at most. For awhile you guys had the numbers and tactical advantage camping at the water to hide your necro wells and stuff. Either way hope to see you guys again on the open field again. Cheers.

Had a great time and yea I will agree Probably closer to 2v1. We were staying away from the tower cause last time we pushed up there while we open field there was a pug on the ac having a blast while we were close. Yea was even matches all the way through. Then near the end, no fault to you guys. A large amount of pugs decided it would be fun to gather up and assist.

We are always down for some fun. We enjoyed it greatly running the GvG for at least 2 hours. We were in the midst of training some of our new guys. We will be looking for you guys on the open field.

Really appreciate how coordinated both groups were. Quick turns and pushes and stacks. Had a really great time hope to repeat it again.

Twitch.tv/cooleoben
KGG Community Leader
Academy Gaming

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I’ll tell you what we’re going to do on JQ. We’re going to see red. We’ll make it go dead.

There you go.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

SoR and BG: Thank you for the continued fights in T1. Since this our last ‘real’ week together, let’s all come out there fighting!

To the many servers who have graced T1: HoD, ET, SBI, SoS, BG, SoR, IoJ and yes, JQ, it’s been amazing.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

(edited by zhonnika.1784)

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

u missed ioj in that t1 list

with that said I think these wvw changes r gonna do more dmg to wvw then help fighting server that have nowhere near r pop is gonna be horrible

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

Okay Leto, Hoots, TW and some others. How about we lay off the antagonistic Blackhole comments? I know there is a history/rivalry here but it’s pretty uncool to those who are out there every night, as well as those who have chosen to make BG their home but may be struggling with attendance.

Regarding transfers to JQ, I personally think they may be at a bit of a disadvantage due to human nature. People tend to like to see the “big dog” fall, and the “underdog” rise and become the new “big dog”. The fact is, of the current T1 servers, even with their recent slump, JQ still has 12 more T1 wins and 15 more medals than the next closest server. Until there is a bit more balance in the overall win count, this may be a continued drag in their efforts to recruit WvW guilds (assuming my thoughts on the matter are even remotely valid).

If you want TW to lay off the antagonistic comments… the best way to do that is to go out in the field and fight them.

No doubt they’ll send the new hope off to SoRbl without any warnings to bring tissue or ointment like they did poor [rise] a scant few weeks back.

Tell me liquid, how many MORE will be enough, when there’s nobody left?
This isn’t a math issue, it’s a guild coordination issue. Theres only two options to surviving SoRna. Iron has removed one from the table, the other requires you look IN to BGna rather than outside for more cannon fodder. Recent history repeats itself tonight.

It’s alright. Let them come…

Attachments:

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

Get some motivation and knock someone out.

Oh and shout out to the randoms who try and stream snipe me. Some people’s children.

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in Match-ups

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Pfft… I’ll mostly be zerging in Southsun! Much more rewarding monetarily and emotionally. I’ve loved playing in WvW for 8 months. too Though fighting each other is getting tiring. Especially when far too many players seem to be digressing. I find less and less honor and much more grieving taking place.

This “Red is Dead” statement has been bugging me for a long time. Are we that small minded that we can’t judge in anything but absolutes? That Anet slaps down a label and we devolve instantly? Does anyone even realize, just because we can kill each other in here, doesn’t mean you always should? Just like in real life, we all have the capacity to harm each other but, we really shouldn’t. Case in point, if I engage someone and they clearly are going for a poi or vp, I let them. It doesn’t hurt me and it helps them and that equals good! To see an SoR thief camping a VP a little while ago, it was kinda disgusting.

And, for that video, if anyone wanted to be motivational they should start by not preaching about how to be a narcissist? #smh Young people….

Attachments:

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

in Match-ups

Mindtrick.5190

The poster above clearly didn’t watch the clip above his post

Got Ninja?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

I’m not sure I like the idea of getting rid of the Tiers. I like them in the sense of you want be the best you have to work your way up. However I do think they should make it a little more reasonable to get to T1

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

ur kidding right crying about ppl pvping ina pvp zone the rest of the game is pve friendly with rainbows and kitty cats wvw is war

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: hammer.9721

hammer.9721

I’m not sure I like the idea of getting rid of the Tiers. I like them in the sense of you want be the best you have to work your way up. However I do think they should make it a little more reasonable to get to T1

all they had to do was loser moves down and winner moves up.dont understand why they are making it so the top 3 servers no longer play each other but its their game and they can do what they please.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

I completely agree hammer!

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Mindtrick.5190

Or make tiers 6 servers instead of 3 that would’ve been really easy. With the loser of the 6 moving down always and the winner of the lower tier always coming up. But what we get , RNG and some awful math

Got Ninja?

(edited by Mindtrick.5190)

in Match-ups

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

wvw is war

There are rules of engagement in war. You’d probably rage over events like this in real life. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_truce Would you just run up and try to killing everyone? War isn’t just war, ever. GG noobs

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

Aw man, I go away for a week due to work and this is what happens!

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

Hold on a moment, BG got another guild lol? So now theyre what? Sea of Fort Kainengate?

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

I’m missing Frudoo. Hope he is still fine.
Thanks to SoR for keeping me busy and congrats to your victory. No thanks to BG, didn’t see you out there.

edit: messing things up.kittenlate night

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

(edited by gebrechen.5643)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Go Sanctum of Rall, rooting for you guys!

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

Not the main reason why we transfered on BG but I think JQ is horrible. Also watching choo stream for more than 15 minutes tonight was painful and another good reason for me to be on BG.

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Moderator.9205

Moderator.9205

Hi everyone,

Due to the recent reset of the WvWvW match-ups, this thread will now be closed.

Let’s refresh the discussions and start on a new and friendly place!

Also, please do not forget to check this topic before posting in another thread.

Thank you for your understanding and have fun in the upcoming fights!