Tier 1: SoR/BG/JQ 05/17/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

oxide really ?? u still gonna keep going on and on with this Ur server bg has rk a eu guild and had hb so u had eu coverage soo u have free ppt in this time period before anyone else did hb is gone now and rk is a small eu guild but it still there

now like I said in my last point whining about it isn’t gonna do anything wut we need to do is all three of r servers work together and fill the gaps we have so we can have a balanced t1

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

(edited by SykkoB.9465)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zhrek.9781

Zhrek.9781

Funny… Wasn’t it just a few weeks a go Merc and WM were playing during EU time to take advantage of the lack of EU coverage in T1 NA? Iron comes to SoR and gives them competition and now SoR is stacked and is breaking t1. I am sorry BG, you now have to put in effort for your PPT and it is not just handed to you on a silver platter by the PvD gods.

Both of BG’s recent wins were from mid-late week comebacks and almost entirely due to the overtime by Merc/WM/etc (look at the graphs: Week 17, Week 18). Oceanic/SEA guilds playing into EU to PvD is not sustainable in the long term and SoR’s EU recruitment was a knee-jerk reaction to this which has damaged the balance of T1 more than it has actually helped.

With SoR’s first win they were on top from start to finish (Week 19) and this week is starting to look like it will be no different (Week 20), but we shall see. SoR should have recruited Oceanic/SEA guilds to defend their NA’s work and remain competitive during those timezones instead of taking the easy road by recruiting EU guilds to PvD for ~8 hrs a day, every day.

But I for one think that for once T1 is fairly balanced. Iron fields around 30-40 people + rallians as I understand it. Merc/WM easily have 30-40 + pugs. JQ might have a bit of a weak point in EU with just 20-30 RK + quarians (i think that is what you call your pug force?) But honestly that sounds fairly balanced to me. Everything else is the same it was 2-3 weeks ago when BG was in 1st.

How is that balanced? WM is a SEA guild and can only manage push into EU time 1-2 days a week at most (and only if gaining the lead is achievable). IRON on the other hand is EU and play during that time every day.

As for the rest of you complaining about SoR’s NA coverage. I can’t help but laugh. Tell me something. How does it feel to have paper walls and gates while everything we have is t3? That is what we have had to deal with every single day.

Oh poor you, that’s what JQ and BG’s Oceanic/SEA players had to put up with every day as well.

My GOD SOR, wtf recruiting guilds? Only BG is allowed to do that. SOR has lost many guilds to BG, but HEY the 1 they got makes everything unbalanced, too funny

in Match-ups

Posted by: Killer.4709

Killer.4709

LMAO, SOR gets 1 guild, BG/JQ can’t exploit SOR’s weakness and the tears flow. Everything is balanced if you guys get T3 keeps going into NA prime time, but SOR getting T3 keeps, its unbalanced. I have listened for months how SOR NA was over rated, now the shoe is on the other foot all i hear is crying. Man up JQ/BG. You haters wanting easy mode are way too funny. Put your big boy pants on.

t1 has never been equal coverage. but dont kid yourself by thinking its equal now.

I guess JQ winning 3 months straight was ok ,while SOR was in last. although SOR kept coming out fighting, only reason the stayed in T1. JQ/BG are acting like they dont have a WvW force, though we all know they are waiting to pounce on easy mode victory. Don’t act like you don’t have the coverage.

we are all wvw servers and have coverage and we are all doing our best to win. like i said t1 has never been equal coverage which includes the times sor was in 3rd and jq was in 1st

lvl 80 Ele
KnT Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

My GOD SOR, wtf recruiting guilds? Only BG is allowed to do that. SOR has lost many guilds to BG, but HEY the 1 they got makes everything unbalanced, too funny

If you actually read my post you would know that I was encouraging SoR to recruit Oceanic/SEA guilds.

Here, I’ll quote it for you.

SoR should have recruited Oceanic/SEA guilds to defend their NA’s work and remain competitive during those timezones instead of taking the easy road by recruiting EU guilds to PvD for ~8 hrs a day, every day.

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Funny… Wasn’t it just a few weeks a go Merc and WM were playing during EU time to take advantage of the lack of EU coverage in T1 NA? Iron comes to SoR and gives them competition and now SoR is stacked and is breaking t1. I am sorry BG, you now have to put in effort for your PPT and it is not just handed to you on a silver platter by the PvD gods.

Both of BG’s recent wins were from mid-late week comebacks and almost entirely due to the overtime by Merc/WM/etc (look at the graphs: Week 17, Week 18). Oceanic/SEA guilds playing into EU to PvD is not sustainable in the long term and SoR’s EU recruitment was a knee-jerk reaction to this which has damaged the balance of T1 more than it has actually helped.

With SoR’s first win they were on top from start to finish (Week 19) and this week is starting to look like it will be no different (Week 20), but we shall see. SoR should have recruited Oceanic/SEA guilds to defend their NA’s work and remain competitive during those timezones instead of taking the easy road by recruiting EU guilds to PvD for ~8 hrs a day, every day.

But I for one think that for once T1 is fairly balanced. Iron fields around 30-40 people + rallians as I understand it. Merc/WM easily have 30-40 + pugs. JQ might have a bit of a weak point in EU with just 20-30 RK + quarians (i think that is what you call your pug force?) But honestly that sounds fairly balanced to me. Everything else is the same it was 2-3 weeks ago when BG was in 1st.

How is that balanced? WM is a SEA guild and can only manage push into EU time 1-2 days a week at most (and only if gaining the lead is achievable). IRON on the other hand is EU and play during that time every day.

As for the rest of you complaining about SoR’s NA coverage. I can’t help but laugh. Tell me something. How does it feel to have paper walls and gates while everything we have is t3? That is what we have had to deal with every single day.

Oh poor you, that’s what JQ and BG’s Oceanic/SEA players had to put up with every day as well.

Tears from posters like Oxide and Magic are a great read here. Just weeks prior BG was spouting off all the guilds they claimed in Meow, Rise, WM, etc. etc. They had 6 guilds join them and made sure everyone at T1 knew it. None of them were too concerned about balance then.

Magic even had a pic he shared from a past T1 match of BG camping SOR garrison with the title “Farming SOR Garrison in our S-L-E-E-P”

Now these guys are the poster child for “T1 balance” ;D

(edited by scootshoot.6583)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zhrek.9781

Zhrek.9781

LMAO, SOR gets 1 guild, BG/JQ can’t exploit SOR’s weakness and the tears flow. Everything is balanced if you guys get T3 keeps going into NA prime time, but SOR getting T3 keeps, its unbalanced. I have listened for months how SOR NA was over rated, now the shoe is on the other foot all i hear is crying. Man up JQ/BG. You haters wanting easy mode are way too funny. Put your big boy pants on.

t1 has never been equal coverage. but dont kid yourself by thinking its equal now.

I guess JQ winning 3 months straight was ok ,while SOR was in last. although SOR kept coming out fighting, only reason the stayed in T1. JQ/BG are acting like they dont have a WvW force, though we all know they are waiting to pounce on easy mode victory. Don’t act like you don’t have the coverage.

we are all wvw servers and have coverage and we are all doing our best to win. like i said t1 has never been equal coverage which includes the times sor was in 3rd and jq was in 1st

Hence the reason BG/JQ should not be crying FOUL, for SOR getting a guild and JQ/BG should not be giving up. SOR still came out fighting, seems to me JQ/BG are giving up without fighting, although when SOR was in the same position they kept fighting and not crying foul. Point being less excuses, more pew pew.

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

Hence the reason BG/JQ should not be crying FOUL, for SOR getting a guild and JQ/BG should not be giving up. SOR still came out fighting, seems to me JQ/BG are giving up without fighting, although when SOR was in the same position they kept fighting and not crying foul. Point being less excuses, more pew pew.

JQ/BG aren’t giving up. What you are seeing is the difference made by SoR having T3 structures with maxed supply from EU+NA when heading into Oceanic.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fixeon.5076

Fixeon.5076

Yeah I was mistaken in thinking RK was on JQ for some reason and I corrected my post but clearly not in time. In any case HB (while no where near the force it once was) + RK is clearly able to field 30-40 even without Merc/WM.

As for my comments on the servers being balanced I believe JQ could do with a EU guild. But for the most part the only thing that makes our tier unbalanced at this point is not population, it is leadership and coordination. JQ and BG really don’t need to recruit any NA guilds they simply need leaders to lead the population they already have. All of our servers are more than able to fill every map during NA prime time.

Much is the same in every other timezone. They are all competitive.

As for your Oceanics/Asianics logging into fight t3 structures, its not really the same thing. In NA you are fighting full queued maps (or at least close to) everywhere. You can’t simply jump maps and hit a softer target, or try to pull an enemy force to another map so you can take something in another map. There is no multi map chess match that the other timezones have. The closest we come to a chess match is trying to draw people across the map and then quickly port and hit something, or try and hit multiple targets at once. Other than that its all about brute force or getting lucky on a ninja.

Fixeon – Guardian
Umberage of Death – Thief
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

I personally get excited when I see a post by oxide and/or magikarps. The bullkitten and contradiction spun by them is always an entertaining read.

BG tears are the sweetest.

I’ll ensure that I cry a sea of them just for you.

Or maybe not.

For my lovely WvWers!

A score update!

please note: we’re not crying on BG, score update is evidence

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Killer.4709

In hindsight SoR should have recruited Oceanic/SEA guilds so they could remain competitive during those timezones instead of throwing the scoring out of whack by recruiting EU.

If I’m not wrong everyone in T1 tried to recruit IRON. However, IRON decided to choose SoR instead of BG and JQ.

I was actually in the meeting with the IRON leader for bg and this is how it went. I explained to them how SOR’s NA is and has always been stronger than ours (bg) and we all know it’s true all chest thumping aside. The reason our EU time was ticking so high was because of a push coordinated by our sea coverage and that it wasn’t sustainable. I told them that if they went to SOR they would come in 1st place. I also told them that JQ is not dying they never will, been around forever not going anywhere but if they went to JQ it would rally them and they would come in 1st. I continued on to tell them that bg is already in first and as it is an EU guild would make it even more unbalanced unless JQ starting coming back out in force in which case bg would need them to keep 1st because our oceanic’s went playing sustainably. But I finished by telling them that no t1 server has strong EU and transferring to any would not be a good idea so in conclusion move to DB. I told them this because I have a great respect for SOR and JQ and I knew this would upset the tier. So yes I Avatar Raiden former officer in [EA] and current officer in [KnT] did tell IRON not to transfer to us.

P.S.
I’m not saying t1 is balanced cause it isn’t here is a list of what I believe is needed.

SOR: 1 pvx SEA guild 1 oceanic wvw focused guild
BG: 1 wvw focused EST NA guild 1 pvx NA guild 1 small EU guild
JQ: 1 small EU guild 1 wvw sea guild 1-2 pvx NA guilds

I think if all these things happened t1 would be relatively balanced

lvl 80 Ele
KnT Commander

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

I agree with the post above as for wut is needed its really not as doom and gloom as ppl r making it out to be na guilds r not the hardest things to find

BUT with this said I think we in t1 need to have leaders from all of r servers work together on recruiting guilds and coverage so we don’t blow balance out the window again kinda keep it in check kinda thing

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

BG cry due to lack EU ? Seriously ? BG is the only T1 server which has dedicated EU WvW guild before IRON come to SOR. This guild tag is HB.

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

BG cry due to lack EU ? Seriously ? BG is the only T1 server which has dedicated EU WvW guild before IRON come to SOR. This guild tag is HB.

Not sure where you’ve been hiding, but HB haven’t been really around…..

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Future transfers (assuming they keep up with Anet patch notes and developer posts) will probably sit idle for a bit until they see what Anet has in store for the new ranking system.

From the early hints, I doubt the same 3 servers per tier will face off against each other for weeks / months on end which should bode well to keep the threads semi positive as it will diminish the long term bad blood that can reside amongst servers with the present glicko system.

in Match-ups

Posted by: silkysoft.6749

silkysoft.6749

Who cares about T1.
Norway should of won eurovision

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

I can’t speak for BG or JQ, but SoR needs at least 1 Oceanic and 1 Sea Guild

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in Match-ups

Killer.4709

I agree with the post above as for wut is needed its really not as doom and gloom as ppl r making it out to be na guilds r not the hardest things to find

BUT with this said I think we in t1 need to have leaders from all of r servers work together on recruiting guilds and coverage so we don’t blow balance out the window again kinda keep it in check kinda thing

I agree with your premise but not your solution. This is a war game after all we need to keep a good balance between hatred and respect for our opponents and the second we all gather in a room to work out where transfers go the second this changes from a fight for first place to a little kids baseball game where we all shake hands after the match. I think all we need is for the leaders to realize that winning all the time isn’t fun it’s the fighting that’s fun. My all time favorite night on this game was when I stayed up all night with a few hundred people in the BG ts pushing JQ for our first win in t1 and if we just sat in first after that then we would never get to experience a night like that again. It’s for that night that I will always do my best to make sure we will never blow out in t1 because I personally like 3rd place better than 1st, gives me something to fight for. So congratulations SOR for your win last week I know how much it meant to us so enjoy it. But be ready BG had a few setbacks in our history as well and we always come back swinging

lvl 80 Ele
KnT Commander

(edited by Killer.4709)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

In hindsight SoR should have recruited Oceanic/SEA guilds so they could remain competitive during those timezones instead of throwing the scoring out of whack by recruiting EU.

If I’m not wrong everyone in T1 tried to recruit IRON. However, IRON decided to choose SoR instead of BG and JQ.

I was actually in the meeting with the IRON leader for bg and this is how it went. I explained to them how SOR’s NA is and has always been stronger than ours (bg) and we all know it’s true all chest thumping aside. The reason our EU time was ticking so high was because of a push coordinated by our sea coverage and that it wasn’t sustainable. I told them that if they went to SOR they would come in 1st place. I also told them that JQ is not dying they never will, been around forever not going anywhere but if they went to JQ it would rally them and they would come in 1st. I continued on to tell them that bg is already in first and as it is an EU guild would make it even more unbalanced unless JQ starting coming back out in force in which case bg would need them to keep 1st because our oceanic’s went playing sustainably. But I finished by telling them that no t1 server has strong EU and transferring to any would not be a good idea so in conclusion move to DB. I told them this because I have a great respect for SOR and JQ and I knew this would upset the tier. So yes I Avatar Raiden former officer in [EA] and current officer in [KnT] did tell IRON not to transfer to us.

P.S.
I’m not saying t1 is balanced cause it isn’t here is a list of what I believe is needed.

I was not in on the meetings as Yanox was dealing with speaking to all the servers, the only one I personally got involved with, was speaking to was Indo, Green and a few others on SoR as our decision came closer.

I know you guys said there was not alot of opposition during euro hours (hence the 600 ppt you had the week we transferred). But i was informed that both JQ and BG wanted us to join them, in fact both servers were willing to support us with the cost of transfering.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

So this is how the other servers react to adversity…

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

And it WOULD have been nice if SoR got some SEA guilds a while back. But oh ho….

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

Far as I’m concerned EU wise BG and SoR have the same coverage. It’s just that SoR’s EU seems more organized. I’ll give you that JQ has the strongest SEA of the 3 but we need a connector. BG currently has the best oceanic and 2nd best SEA.

JQ has best SEA > no connector either side oceanic or EU
BG has best OCEANIC > 2nd best SEA > equal EU to SoR
SoR has Equal EU to BG > best NA

Oddly, from the coverage it seems that BG honestly has the best overall coverage of the 3 servers and the best connector ( oceanic > sea > EU), they’ve just stopped showing up for whatever reasons. Rumor mill has it they are talking to a bunch of guilds and are showing weakness like they did before they got their KN guilds.

in Match-ups

Killer.4709

P.S.

I was not in on the meetings as Yanox was dealing with speaking to all the servers, the only one I personally got involved with, was speaking to was Indo, Green and a few others on SoR as our decision came closer.

I know you guys said there was not alot of opposition during euro hours (hence the 600 ppt you had the week we transferred). But i was informed that both JQ and BG wanted us to join them, in fact both servers were willing to support us with the cost of transfering.

Oh I apologize it was early in the morning for me and I was invited to the meeting late, I just assumed Yanox was the leader. Keep in mind I am not by any means the main speaker for my server I was just invited to join in on the conversation with a few others where I gave my opinion and went back to my commanding.

lvl 80 Ele
KnT Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure.8412

Azure.8412

Far as I’m concerned EU wise BG and SoR have the same coverage. It’s just that SoR’s EU seems more organized. I’ll give you that JQ has the strongest SEA of the 3 but we need a connector. BG currently has the best oceanic and 2nd best SEA.

Oddly, from the coverage it seems that BG honestly has the best overall coverage of the 3 servers and the best connector ( oceanic > sea > EU), they’ve just stopped showing up for whatever reasons. Rumor mill has it they are talking to a bunch of guilds and are showing weakness like they did before they got their KN guilds.

To be honest, SoR’s SEA has been better than BGs SEA recently. SoR’s Oceanic have been doing a fantastic job as well.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

Kryyg.8576

I wasn’t judging skill or ‘performance’, just population wise. BG has the highest population with the best connector through the time zones.

SoR has the 2nd best connector EU to NA.

JQ has no connectors, we just have the best SEA but that’s it.

in Match-ups

Killer.4709

I assure you we have not stopped showing up. What people seem to misjudge is BG’s EST NA force and our EU. Our EU was being supplemented by late playing oceanic and SEA players in a very unsustainable way. Guild wise we only have 1 EU guild running on a daily basis and that is RK who fields 20 people max. Refer to my previous post for what I believe would be needed to get a close to balanced t1. As I also said previously I don’t believe t1 has ever been fully balanced in the past.

lvl 80 Ele
KnT Commander

in Match-ups

Kryyg.8576

Also, the match is still pretty close.

As much as it sucks as a NA player, T1 hasn’t ever been this close score wise.

Thinking more on it, I think all 3 servers are probably close over the 24 hour cycle coverage wise to keep the score close, it’s just that no one is used to SoR being in the fray this time. As someone stated above, JQ typically didn’t worry about SoR in the past only BG. Now we have to worry about both servers and we’re not used to that. I can only assume BG never worried about SoR before either.

Give us time to re-strategize and re-deploy our forces.

(edited by Kryyg.8576)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masori.3528

Masori.3528

Still funny that people insist that SoR recruited us (IRON).
Even after I explained how things roughly went.

Now that SoR got first place we probably have some fairweather players rallying aswell.
This always has been the case with new tierwinners. Anyways i guess we’ll see what midweek will bring us before the judging starts.

Will be home tonight and hope to get into some action!

Massive I- [IRON]// [MOB]

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Not sure where you’ve been hiding, but HB haven’t been really around…..

HB are mostly NA now

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

God magikarps and oxides posts give me quite the good chuckle.

Looks like Sleepyy is still a little bitter with MERC. How long has it been since they posted that screenshot of you playing on BG caught red-handed as a siege saboteur?

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Cuddlestrike is never wrong <3

Incorrecct. She is wrong when she tells me to go to bed.

Otherwise, she is very deserving of her position as the leader of LOVE, the secret society that decides who shall sit atop the T1 throne each week

Cuddles, go to bed.

Cuddles, go to bed.
Shhhhhhhhhhh……Don’t tell them Shini!

Anyways, GO TO BED SHINI! You said goodnight HOURS AGO NOW!

By saying I was going to bed, I actually meant I’m going to go watch Doctor Who (FANTASTIC EPISODE BTW!) and read some comics before I conk out. I’m still reading atm….

OMG Shini! Go to bed already! You fail at sleeping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I need to catch up on Dr Who…

p.s.

Do a score update for me will ya? Since you’re like online! (per usual)

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: jexia.2406

jexia.2406

Last week meant alot to GSCH, Choo and Fear and others who had been on SoR from the beginning. If you dont know how our server was named look up Sanctum of Rall and see how it got named. Our beloved guildmate passed away unexpectedly and his birthday was last week.

You could also visit the charr citadel and talk with Historian Goshkia who tells Roger Rall’s story. (he is present on all servers)

So last week was a special week for all our guilds on SoR. But most of all from those that had chosen this server after they had read about Roger “OldRoar” Rall.

I have the deepest respect for any and all that play wvw and enjoy the game.

So I say to you. Remember this is a game. Have fun, respect and honor each other. And treasure the friendships you make. A game is a blink in the eye. The memories you make will last forever.

Fight on SoR!!!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: broxigar.8754

broxigar.8754

Score update……..

Attachments:

Jade Quarry | B R O X – Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: muekung.2518

muekung.2518

Dont Attack our hill pls !

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Future transfers (assuming they keep up with Anet patch notes and developer posts) will probably sit idle for a bit until they see what Anet has in store for the new ranking system.

From the early hints, I doubt the same 3 servers per tier will face off against each other for weeks / months on end which should bode well to keep the threads semi positive as it will diminish the long term bad blood that can reside amongst servers with the present glicko system.

Logic? In this thread? Your kind isn’t welcomed here. :p

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Anyone else having disconnect problems on JQ BL?

Getting dropped to login every 5 minutes or so, weird that it only happens on that BL.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

I saw loads of people complaining about it and none of my guildees experienced it last night so idk

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

Anyone else having disconnect problems on JQ BL?

Getting dropped to login every 5 minutes or so, weird that it only happens on that BL.

Yes. Pretty much everyone was getting it last night and subsequently we left BL because of it. I dc’d 3-4x and had 10-20 second skill lag/skips while there.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Magikarp

Thanks for taking the time to explain again.

I hope this doesn’t come across harsh but I mean it objectively and it’s not personal. I strongly empathize with the hardship and overtime that MERC and the SEA guilds have been playing to hit No. 1. I also have no issues with BG pushing EU where SOR & JQ were weak, it’s great strategic play at heart, “hit the enemy where he is weakest”.

Unfortunately, the position of ’BG’s unsustainable EU push’ that you’ve taken is untenable. Whether it was unsustainable is not the issue. The issue is that BG did it everyday in a row of 2 weeks and showed no indications of slowing down the EU pushes, in fact it judging from forums posts, it would seem that BG was going to push just as hard on the 3rd week with WM leading the EU charge.

Again, don’t take this personally, I just disagree with you objectively on this. I have a lot of respect for BG guilds. And I am trying very hard to put my faith into your statements.

On a side note, I know for a fact that WM + militia fought JQ and SOR when they 1st arrived in BG for at least 2-3 days before moving to the EU slot. So even if SOR had gotten a major SEA guild (like some of the BG leaders have mentioned) BG still would have pushed EU prime where our SEA guilds could not reach.

FW

Hello Magikarp

Thanks for taking the time to explain your point of view.

I strongly disagree with you on the quote below.

During a 2 week push of BG hitting NO.1 Server, BG dominated EU prime ticking at 600PPT at one point at 6am GMT+8. If I am correct, the data is still there in MOS #NA.

In case some might wonder about the IRON numbers when they 1st came when BG EU dominance stopped . I counted the numbers personally on TS, it fluctuated from 15-25 men and women.

FW

BG is strongest between 3pm and 12am GMT 8 which is 9 hours…

Which was Ralikh, Tarkus, Hyun D, War Machine and myself staying up late, Ralikh routinely logs in later to command during EU at this time. Hyun is no longer able to play and myself Ralikh and Tarkus can’t pull these ridiculous hours on a regular basis neither can our guilds. EU timezone is a timezone of small skirmish and SoR usually didn’t show up during this timezone was often openly obvious it was pvdoor, the introduction of a large organised force in this timezone has changed the balance of T1.

Yes we did do big EU pushes in the last two weeks, but as is evident with the addition of IRON to SoR it is a time zone where any form of organised force can push the ppt well over 400ppt. If you are taking that data as BG having a natural presence in this time slot, we do not (other than RK ofc <3), as I’ve said quite a few times it was unsustainable and we stopped doing it due to it effecting our commanders and guildies sleep patterns.

~Karps

[SoX] – JQ

(edited by Fannwong.3059)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Akkadian.7206

Akkadian.7206

As a member of BG since day 1, if the numbers/coverage and whatever else people seem to be harping about is so “unevenly stacked” in SoR’s favor, the fact that they haven’t been consistently double teamed 24/7 is funny. Yes, the addition of IRON has helped them tremendously and they have rallied and are no doubt stronger than ever, but having been in wvw on a daily basis, both BG and JQ only have themselves to blame. While they constantly fight each other, SoR manages to upgrade keeps, towers, etc. and then push the fight elsewhere. It seems like neither server (BG/JQ) is willing to double team SoR, because both are looking for ppt any way they can get it, which normally involves picking on whatever server is weakest at the time instead of constantly beating on the “bigger bully” together. Just my two cents. If Tier 2 can realize this and double team Stackbrand, it makes my head spin with why Tier 1 cant.

Blackgate

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

thing is db isn’t being double teamed lol tc and fa hate each other almost as much if not more so then sor and bg lol

the thing is with db they just r not as strong as they think they r and tc is showing them this now that a lot of there guys r back from vacation

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

P.S. Respect to SF and Jed; tonight was an intense fight and y’all did an excellent job. Those are the kind of fights we log on and hope for.

Ty sir, speaking for myself last night, my buzzed/drunkenish mind may not have said the same thing. Perhaps sentiments of pushing one’s fecal matter in the opposite way may have been stated in many variations. Good fights out there all round.

/cheers

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aethilmar.3951

Aethilmar.3951

As a member of BG since day 1, if the numbers/coverage and whatever else people seem to be harping about is so “unevenly stacked” in SoR’s favor, the fact that they haven’t been consistently double teamed 24/7 is funny. Yes, the addition of IRON has helped them tremendously and they have rallied and are no doubt stronger than ever, but having been in wvw on a daily basis, both BG and JQ only have themselves to blame. While they constantly fight each other, SoR manages to upgrade keeps, towers, etc. and then push the fight elsewhere. It seems like neither server (BG/JQ) is willing to double team SoR, because both are looking for ppt any way they can get it, which normally involves picking on whatever server is weakest at the time instead of constantly beating on the “bigger bully” together. Just my two cents. If Tier 2 can realize this and double team Stackbrand, it makes my head spin with why Tier 1 cant.

This is both a funny and amusing observation in general. By that I mean when SOR was not in first (which has been most of its existence in most tiers), there was always talk about why SOR didn’t team up with the other server to take out the first place server. There would be lots of chatting about it, active attempts not to attack server X followed by perceived border violations from server X and then talk about why we need to teach server X a lesson to not attack us and attack the first place server instead….which resulted in general warfare with server X while the first place server just sat back and farmed both of us at will.

So it seems to be a common problem (and not just a SOR or BG or JQ one) that the second and third place servers rarely can work together in a sustained fashion to bring down the first place server. Instead what happens is the first place server gets into a position of power and decides which of the other servers will be second or third place for the week.

I believe if second and third place servers actually double-team the first place server, it is an accident at best.

P.S. I should add that talk about double teaming has died down in the most recent months. I think we as a server gave up on trying to ally and just went looking for the fights….which was and is fine by me since you can’t control how others act but you can control how you do.

(edited by Aethilmar.3951)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

SoR…..Holy crap….that mega blob in EB

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Kryyg.8576

Anyone got a score update?

in Match-ups

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

Why SOR server come 1st with outmanned buff 24/7?

The diference of SOR and the other 2 is the server resilience.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lead.1784

Lead.1784

All this crying about IRON coming to SoR is hilarious. From what Offski said earlier in the thread and to us you guys offered to give them money to come to BG. Balance indeed. You just don’t like that they chose us. If they had come to BG you would be singing a totally different tune, rather than this “balance” stuff you are spewing now. It is rather funny how you guys absolutely cannot deal with losing, and take to the forums to whine about it. SoR has been holding strong in an even worse position than you are now, all without crying here. We told you that you would rue the day we actually got coverage, and now that we have it you guys aren’t even trying. Its rather pathetic really. SoR came out and fought every day, even starting at 0 ppt before I came here, and you guys can’t deal with ONE EU guild? BG just cannot seem to deal with hardship of any sort. I have seen your forces during EU out there, you guys just don’t work together at all and just kind of blob around. The coordination during this time is really the deciding factor. Good luck recruiting more guilds. : )

[IRON]Opy-Necromancer/Warrior
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

There’s a post in the JQ forums that needs to be read. Keep it positive.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

I still wish for a cool down on bl switching.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

anyone else getting lag/dc issues on JQBL? Oo

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

in Match-ups

Posted by: kevinskyrider.3271

kevinskyrider.3271

anyone else getting lag/dc issues on JQBL? Oo

Pretty sure a lot of people are. I dced 30 seconds in..

Blackgate