Tier 1: SoR/JQ/BG 05/24/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

I’m glad that SOR is winning and gratz to them. However, it also reaffirms that there is almost no chance of any server(s) to win in tier1 without having massive (zerg) guilds transferring to them to boost their overall standings. Example: BG had a few massive zergs last minute (aka WM and their followers from KN, many former SOS guilds) to finally win it in tier1. SOR had a few massive zergs last minute (aka Tsym and their followers from SOS and Iron from EU) to finally win in tier1. Could they have done it without those bandwagons? Possible, but it’s a long shot.

So far, the only server that has risen from low ranks to winning tier 1 was SOS. Their transfers happens while they were still in tier 4, not in tier 1 or 2. They were able to dominate mostly with their Oceanics and a few NA guilds that transfer over to assist.

But eventually all this will crumble… History will repeat itself… I see DB eventually in this position to repeat what has been done recently. Just need a few more last minute transfers???

-S o S-

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mutaram.6725

Mutaram.6725

The only thing I wish for, is for all servers to remain competitive. Who cares if you’re 1st, 2nd or 3rd… just show the kitten up to fight!

Tell that to Blackgate

Just take a look at the score man. Blackgate is showing up.

You run to your keep in every open field fight. lmfao

Maybe someone left the oven on?

Mutus JQ
Never trust the man in the brown suit

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

@Fixeon

Every militia in the game thinks SoR is stacked to the max. Why would the tick matter to them? Welcome to being the new superpower and welcome to your new battle: that of boredom, Fixeon. We, on the other hand (JQ and strikeforce) are loving it. I actually moved to JQ from SoR because I like being the underdog. It’s a role I cherish. And there’s always good fights, no matter what, from our perspective.

weird i thought you moved to JQ to “boost their already powerful NA”
translation: they were your sure shot to win

Read his post for content, and you know why we moved to JQ. At the time there was a 1.5 map gap in coverage for NA coverage when we came here. Chopps moved to JQ from SoR and joined up with SF. Interpret the post properly please.

Just trying to draw heat Jed .. you’ve been too quiet.. we need heat again. makes the love sessions more fruitful <3

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in Match-ups

Posted by: XIII.6351

XIII.6351

So many crashes happening today -_-

Arcanum [Sanctum Of Roger “Oldroar” Rall]
`Warrior/ `Necromancer/ `Guardian
That’s how it goes wrong, people think they’re fcking heroes.- Sacrx[Red Guard]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Esqi.8496

Esqi.8496

The only thing I wish for, is for all servers to remain competitive. Who cares if you’re 1st, 2nd or 3rd… just show the kitten up to fight!

Tell that to Blackgate

JQ is the one not showing up.

Probably… that’s why I said “ALL SERVERS”…….

[TKG] Flake

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

SOR, its great you got a chance to win now. But don’t gloat too much. Your not making more friends by being bad winners. Just enjoy your wins. Its only a matter of time before the next bandwagon movements make a difference. Its been happening in WvW since day 1. It will continue to happen no matter how much you tell yourselfs otherwise. And at the end of the day do you want you server and/or your guilds to be remembered as the guys that took winning with some graciousness or the ones that were terrible big mouths when they finally got their win?

Agreed. Unfortunately there will be those who will choose to think the latter, whether it’s out of animosity thanks to our forum trolls, or some other reason. I do believe that the majority of the server are choosing to be gracious winners. Whether others agree or not, we believe we’ve reaped what we’ve sowed and are enjoying the fruit of our labor. It’s just unfortunate that those who aren’t enjoying it humbly are the most vocal ones in this forum.

You shouldn’t judge an orchard by a few bad apples.

Completely agree Godsend,
SoR have a number of great guilds who just go out and fight no matter what, no chest thumping, just hard fighting and respect to your opponents, they are the true backbone of SoR, and it has and will always be a pleasure fighting against you

it is a pity the vocal majority spoil it for the rest of you, guess they suffer from white line fever

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

We cannot drop siege in JQBL

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

LOLOL

that 240 man 3 way clash in north camp of BG BL

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

LOLOL

Stare Wars 2, felt like we all were just staring each other down as not even 1 worked at times.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Game over man….

But Flake you know as well as I do…… They mostly come out at night. Mostly.

Why are people being so serious about a game……

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?

in Match-ups

Posted by: kevinskyrider.3271

kevinskyrider.3271

Hmm; Amazing fights in BGBL tonight! Thanks for the fun. Great turnout.

…and the 3-way @ North camp ->

Attachments:

Blackgate

(edited by kevinskyrider.3271)

in Match-ups

Posted by: fade.8603

fade.8603

It is hard not to judge a server based on forum posts because its the only source where we can get feedback off enemy servers.

BlackGate

in Match-ups

Posted by: fade.8603

fade.8603

Hmm; Amazing fights in BGBL tonight! Thanks for the fun.

nice pic, feels like some clash of titans

BlackGate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Expunge.4926

Expunge.4926

It is hard not to judge a server based on forum posts because its the only source where we can get feedback off enemy servers.

generally, i think i do a pretty good job judging servers based on ingame actions. although a combination is probably best

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Well, now that JQ has fallen from their throne : mission completed. I can go back playing farmville

in Match-ups

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

LOLOL

Attachments:

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: snownow.9352

snownow.9352

Incoming movement

BG: WM, RISE, Meow, MERC, ND, BT
Result: 3rd place

SoR: Iron
Result: 1st place

You can say iron “carries” or whatever, but even when you’ve consumed 6 other guilds you still struggled to place 2nd.

Come now. We did receive transfers but don’t whitewash your own!

Remember NYS, AFS, HIRE that make up most of your SEA? What about all the SBI guilds you absorbed as it crashed and burned? I don’t even remember most of those names. These transfers all happened around the same time period. Let’s not pretend that the super servers are not all the same in that they needed an infusion of new players to help them get to where they are.

Enough with the revisionist history please, SOR. There’s really nothing to be ashamed of.

Edit: how could I forget TSYM ?

in Asia time, we [SAHP] and [NYS] from SBI came to SOR about 4 month ago.
(I think [TSYM] and [HIRE] was join on same time ? they play little early, so I saw them less.)

at that time, we only had about 10-15ppl, NYS about 20-25. and that time, SOR’s asia time (you called SEAtime right ?) is almost empty.

NA guilds need get up early to cover SEA time, or need play until 3-4am to cover oceanic time.
I usually saw [CHOO] and [OCX][SEC] in our time, but we not have much ppl.

at that time, SAHP even not a main wvw guild, our member only have 2-3 hours can play in game every day, NYS same too , their PVE members more than WVW.

[AFS] come to SOR about 1~2 month ago. they love defend bl, that’s really helpful. so much thanks to them, they did great job.

every night, we started from + 50 ~ + 100, and happy we no let the ppt become zero LOL.
I brush my teeth before going to bed ,watching PPT gone (with my sieges T_T) every day.

And now, [IRON]come to SOR, we can sleep on time.

We have considered giving up, when we always be wiped by huge zerg, lost all of keep every night, login and saw enemy T3 keep on SOR bl.

But NA guilds gave us a lot of support.
Special thanks to INDO papa , he always give us encouragement, told us don’t care about ppt.
and thanks to FEAR’s friends teach us how to play wvw.

Yes, we need more people join wvw, but we also need strong community to make every member feel we are a family.

I have very sad to leave the original home SBI, now I’m grateful I joined the new home SOR.

(my god…I never type so many english since I left school. Hope my english can be understand lol)

[Hi] Ni Hao My Friend ~Sanctum of Rall~
ele : Snownow | mes : Neally Snow | necro : Sherry Snow | guard : Snow Guru
=my english is poor, if I said something wrong or impolite, tell me plz, I’ll learn.=

(edited by snownow.9352)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

Loving T1 so far (not the lag). So much fun so far. Loving every minute of it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Godsend.3815

Godsend.3815

(I think [TSYM] and [HIRE] was join on same time ? they play little early, so I saw them less.)

at that time, we only had about 10-15ppl, NYS about 20-25. and that time, SOR’s asia time (you called SEAtime right ?) is almost empty.

NA guilds need get up early to cover SEA time, or need play until 3-4am to cover oceanic time.

at that time, SAHP even not a main wvw guild, our member only have 2-3 hours can play in game every day, NYS same too , their PVE members more than WVW.

[AFS] come to SOR about 1~2 month ago. they love defend bl, that’s really helpful. so much thanks to them, they did great job.

every night, we started from + 50 ~ + 100, and happy we no let the ppt become zero LOL.
I brush my teeth before going to bed ,watching PPT gone (with my sieges T_T) every day.

We have considered giving up, when we always be wiped by huge zerg, lost all of keep every night, login and saw enemy T3 keep on SOR bl.

Special thanks to INDO papa , he always give us encouragement, told us don’t care about ppt.

Yes, we need more people join wvw, but we also need strong community to make every member feel we are a family.

I have very sad to leave the original home SBI, now I’m grateful I joined the new home SOR.

(my god…I never type so many english since I left school. Hope my english can be understand lol)

Your english is much better than most of our mandarin, especially mine(‘Ni hao’ is all i know ;p)

Käï | Sanctum

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Their “performance improvements” are utter garbage. Revert to the last patch please and undo what you did. Game is unplayable in it’s current state.

in Match-ups

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

Where is SYN now? They are SEA force on HoD originally, moved to SBI and last seen on SoR

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

Their “performance improvements” are utter garbage. Revert to the last patch please and undo what you did. Game is unplayable in it’s current state.

I know on BG BL tonight (which was a blast) was crazy laggy in the garry.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

I know on BG BL tonight (which was a blast) was crazy laggy in the garry.

You know it’s bad when you 1 skill isn’t firing even.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

Incoming movement

You can say iron “carries” or whatever, but even when you’ve consumed 6 other guilds you still struggled to place 2nd.

Remember NYS, AFS, HIRE that make up most of your SEA? What about all the SBI guilds you absorbed as it crashed and burned? I don’t even remember most of those names. These transfers all happened around the same time period. Let’s not pretend that the super servers are not all the same in that they needed an infusion of new players to help them get to where they are.

Enough with the revisionist history please, SOR. There’s really nothing to be ashamed of.

Your english is fine, and thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts.

in Match-ups

snownow.9352

Where is SYN now? They are SEA force on HoD originally, moved to SBI and last seen on SoR

Yap, SYN came to SOR with NYS and SAHP, but their guild only 5-7ppl .
They all quit game about 1-2month ago .
Now have 1-2member comeback game on last week.
I just saw their guild leader yesterday, but he said he only got 1 day can ply game LOL.
seems he just have a girlfriend best wish to him.

=my english is poor, if I said something wrong or impolite, tell me plz, I’ll learn.=

(edited by snownow.9352)

in Match-ups

Maelwaedd.5842

Incoming movement

Your English is fine snownow

The point Neuromancer was trying to make was SoR got transfers, BG got transfers, JQ got transfers….. everyone gets transfers

SoR and JQ got most of there transfers when the free transfers were about to end, mainly from SBI and IoJ where as BG got most of their guilds more recently with SoS and Kaineng

and the wvw population would be around the same on all servers, with SoR having an advantage during NA and Euro while JQ have their Sea numbers and BG has Oceanic and Sea

best of luck to all who are fighting against superior numbers, I hope you have fun and your loot bags are chests

Resonance WvW Officer

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

Incoming movement

Well BG did come first the two weeks after RISE, WM and MEOW (think they are dead now, haven’t seen them in WvW for a while) transferred.

The reason why SoR climbed to first is the coverage IRON provides, enabling SoR to control the EU timezone in addition to NA (i.e. 2/3 of every day instead of 1/3 like they used to).

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Incoming movement

Well BG did come first the two weeks after RISE, WM and MEOW (think they are dead now, haven’t seen them in WvW for a while) transferred.

The reason why SoR climbed to first is the coverage IRON provides, enabling SoR to control the EU timezone in addition to NA (i.e. 2/3 of every day instead of 1/3 like they used to).

I would actually split it into 4 different timezones

NA, Oceanic, Asian, Euro

in Match-ups

Maelwaedd.5842

WM n MEOW and RISE are all still kicking along on BG, but I dont think people understand that WM are not the 100 man zerg from SBI days, still its a blast having them here on BG and fighting with them instead of against them

and even if you do split the game into 4 timezones NA is 8 hours Oceanic is 5 Sea/Asian is 5 and Euro is 6, still gives SoR a 2/3 coverage advantage

Resonance WvW Officer

(edited by Maelwaedd.5842)

in Match-ups

oxide.8324

NA, Oceanic, Asian, Euro

There is only 2 hours difference (3 during DST) between Oceanic and Asian so effectively it’s no different to East/West coast US. They shouldn’t really be treated separately.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Incoming movement

NA, Oceanic, Asian, Euro

I’d classify it Euro > NA > Oceanic > SEA (SEA as the last time zone and EU as first timezone just as to how the cookie crumbles on NA servers)

“Oceanic and SEA” timezones are significantly smaller than EU and NA due to multitudes of timezones in those two that is why they are often rolled into one timezone because together they make up 9 hours while together EU and NA make up 15.

9 hours is based off 3pm-12am GMT+8 (as 3pm +8 is 5pm +11)

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

With my WARD and SF friends!

Many <3’s to you guys!

p.s.

But seriously, everyone leave BG BL alone already! YOU MOSNTERS

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: muekung.2518

muekung.2518

Score Update!

Many <3’s to you guys!

p.s.

Make them sandwich, maybe ?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

would cuddles need to go to bread for that?

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Match-ups

oxide.8324

Score Update!

Many <3’s to you guys!

p.s.

that’s one scary charr :O

in Match-ups

muekung.2518

kitten yes !

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

WM n MEOW and RISE are all still kicking along on BG, but I dont think people understand that WM are not the 100 man zerg from SBI days, still its a blast having them here on BG and fighting with them instead of against them

and even if you do split the game into 4 timezones NA is 8 hours Oceanic is 5 Sea/Asian is 5 and Euro is 6, still gives SoR a 2/3 coverage advantage

I would say that SoR’s NA prime starts at 4 server time and ends at 10. By that time map hopping usually begins because we don’t have the coverage after 9-10 server time. This is based on what I’ve seen from my own guild and TS. Generally when NA prime comes around the guilds will split into their respective BL channels, while every other timezone guilds would consolidate into one channel and map bounce. But then again I could see how the time zones aren’t what they would seem to be. You’d have to factor the amount of west/east coast guilds, along with guilds that generally are one nationality and play a specific timeslot in the timezone…

tl;dr too much to factor in, i give up

(edited by Doomdesire.9365)

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

kitten yes !

No! Shini makes the most awesome sammichs! He needs to GO TO BREAD!

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Beastyboi.2918

Beastyboi.2918

your english is fine. I’m glad yall never gave up even when yall lost everything yall, was still there fighting to get it back. All yall hard work is much appreciated.
Good vid from reset night in eb with FEAR.

guard – Bèasty warrior – BeastyAngel mesmer – Beastyangel ele – Beastyele

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

Score Update!

Many <3’s to you guys!

p.s.

that’s one scary charr :O

Jed isn’t scary. Hes just a big kitten(no pun intended).

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Match-ups

Jet.4795

Another JQBL garri flip….and we can still not build siege cmon anet.

Ben Sheets Reborn

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

Is this Anets way to make sure no one has any golems left?

in Match-ups

Jet.4795

Now JQ also cannot drop siege in EB……so whats going on?

Ben Sheets Reborn

in Match-ups

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

If Anet disabled the use of all siege this week, who knows. Could be some fun fights!

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ardon.4105

Ardon.4105

Blackgate has been having siege issues in EB also. I wouldn’t be surprise if whatever they did to change the siege timers also messed up the siege caps as well.

[Agg] Rendon Argos (Charrgos) – Guardian
Server Traversing Nomad

in Match-ups

Maelwaedd.5842

kitten all you guys PvDooring :P

Resonance WvW Officer

in Match-ups

snownow.9352

your english is fine. I’m glad yall never gave up even when yall lost everything yall, was still there fighting to get it back. All yall hard work is much appreciated.
Good vid from reset night in eb with FEAR.

I think you guys will enjoy ACE singing
that is the most important part of 30 min vid. hahaha

in Match-ups

muekung.2518

Blackgate has been having siege issues in EB also. I wouldn’t be surprise if whatever they did to change the siege timers also messed up the siege caps as well.

Yeah, We have siege problem in EB too, Look like that map become Golem Wars 2 now eh ? :P

in Match-ups

snownow.9352

Yeah, We have siege problem in EB too, Look like that map become Golem Wars 2 now eh ? :P

it’s time to GvGvG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

it’s time to GvGvG

It’s actually time to see who can pvdoor gates faster! We should race each side pick a keep in EB whoever caps the others first wins a photo op with cuddles!

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader