Underworld vs Drakkar Lake vs Miller's Sound

in Match-ups

Posted by: LastDefend.5920

LastDefend.5920

Couldn’t see a thread made for this weeks match up, so thought i’d go ahead and make one.
Here we are again, looking forward to another fair and tight matchup.
See you on the battlefield

Rezzurian/Jarvia
Gemeinschaft des Einhorns [Pony]
Millersund [DE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

Seems not alot people care for that matchup…

As usual on Weekends Drakkar starts pretty strong . But i guess it will turn out as everytime… German Server’s are weak during the week especially at nights.

Let’s see

Reaper – Anguîsh

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shadowresli.3782

Shadowresli.3782

Yes, we are a “working class” server. therefore we go to bed sometimes. last week i was on vacation and played till 3 in the morning, still no nightcapping from underworld. i still wonder, where are all the poeple on underworld from, that they play at these ungodly hours.

proudly wiped by RG and Funny Sunny Bunny

in Match-ups

Posted by: DarthMohax.2593

DarthMohax.2593

Hmmm… i get up at 6AM (+6 GMT), go to work, and when i get back home its already 7PM, so i play for a hour or two, do some stuff and go to bed around 11PM. And that happens at mondays, tuesdays and wednesdays. And im part of the ealry morning crew
Edit: and from Underworld

Speaking about matchup – i like it, though morning crew is not really best one but that can be said about all 3 servers.

Darth Mohax, Charr Warrior in Underworld

(edited by DarthMohax.2593)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hassan Sabbah.1524

Hassan Sabbah.1524

Hello, a question for anyone in this tier, what is the WvW like?
I’m curious about coverage/ commander style/ general WvW engagements.
Are tactics more predominant than zerging, or is here a healthy balance?
Are all 3 servers more or less evenly matched?
With it being a EU tier, which countries boast the most players, and what is the predominant language for each server respectively?

Level 80 Ranger, Necromancer, Warrior
~ Leader of Inglorious Order ~
Forged in ET [NA], Refugee in SFR [EU]

in Match-ups

Shadowresli.3782

Hmmm… i get up at 6AM (+6 GMT), go to work, and when i get back home its already 7PM, so i play for a hour or two, do some stuff and go to bed around 11PM. And that happens at mondays, tuesdays and wednesdays. And im part of the ealry morning crew
Edit: and from Underworld

Speaking about matchup – i like it, though morning crew is not really best one but that can be said about all 3 servers.

there you have it, drakkar lake is a german server, we play at times which are -1 GMT.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

I have to say I was impressed how Drakkars painted our BL yesterday. You guys brought like what, 5 Omegas and bunch of Alphas, felt like the gates are from paper. No clue how you managed to move them without being cought by our scouts.

Every day these 2-3 hours (20-23 GMT+2) are pain for us these match ups so far. We barelly see MS or DL durring the day, but then suddenly out of nowhere 40+ zergs pop up causing battle swords everywhere. We should pay more attention these hours :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Knochenkult.6423

Knochenkult.6423

yep was fun, though I couldnt even ate sth.. cause I had to lead one of the zergs in the second I logged into the game .. ze kitten -,- 5h later I was drunken XD

Rostrot The Machine
Driver of Death Days

in Match-ups

Posted by: Verloren Stilte.9623

Verloren Stilte.9623

Hello, a question for anyone in this tier, what is the WvW like?
I’m curious about coverage/ commander style/ general WvW engagements.
Are tactics more predominant than zerging, or is here a healthy balance?
Are all 3 servers more or less evenly matched?
With it being a EU tier, which countries boast the most players, and what is the predominant language for each server respectively?

Coverage, mostly equal across all servers except during nighttime where drakkar has got less people.
Commander style, variable, at least on UW, stack and attack, ball of zerg are pre-dominant tactics for all servers (60 man zerg is extremely rare for a single server, max seems closer to 30-40). With zerg busting thrown in the mix by all sides.
Small groups do tend to break off to attack supply camps/undefended towers/defend stuff. Mostly some guild groups do this. For me, I tend to have more fun with small scale battles.
Tactics is mostly reserved for guild groups, mostle because alot of people in WvW are PuGs, which limits the options a bit to stack and attack the enemy zerg head on. During off-peak hours it tends to scale down a bit, but anything over 15 gets called a zerg pretty fast.
All servers are pretty evenly matched, with UW slightly in the lead, DL and Miller are very close. Typically DL has the lead early on from reset to about monday, followed by UW taking over on weekdays. Miller then plays catchup to DL for the remaining days. However each server has a fair chance of winning the matchup, after T4 this is probably the most balanced EU Tier.
Miller/DL, language is German, and most are from Germany/Asutria/Switzerland.
UW, language is English, with people from all over the EU, UK, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal and a bunch of other countries.

in Match-ups

DarthMohax.2593

there you have it, drakkar lake is a german server, we play at times which are -1 GMT.

uhm… isnt german timezone + 1 GMT (+2 summertime)?

Anyway im looking forward this friday, hope we will end up in the same tier again, nice balance and i got used to your tactics

in Match-ups

Shadowresli.3782

uhm… isnt german timezone + 1 GMT (+2 summertime)?

Anyway im looking forward this friday, hope we will end up in the same tier again, nice balance and i got used to your tactics

it may be, i’m always confused about the timezones :-) Peak hours at Drakkar are from 18.00 to 23.00 CET

Yeah, the same dance will repeat itself. we will see who will win this time.

in Match-ups

DarthMohax.2593

Well, just logged off from defensive fight in DL border…. too bad dark side is not strong enough in me and i cant win 1v15 fight still did my job though, nightcapping and so on.

in Match-ups

Shakki.3219

Yea it’s a pretty even matchup and it seems it will last for a few weeks longer

Reaper – Anguîsh

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sickle.6502

Sickle.6502

No offense, but I hope not.. I am getting bored with the same time zone (albeit an hour in front of the UK) and tactics routine, something has to give eventually… surely?

You guys are stopping me getting my POI’s and Vistas I need to get my completion, IF only I could get those, I couldn’t give a monkeys who we face.

Would have been nice, if we ARE to keep this dance going, to at least change the venue.

in Match-ups

DarthMohax.2593

(no offence as well)
Missing POI and vistas – work hard and cap these towers and keeps you need

in Match-ups

DarthMohax.2593

As expected, welcome to another week…

in Match-ups

Knochenkult.6423

Underworld.. prepare.. your Borders will tremble with fear

Rostrot The Machine
Driver of Death Days

in Match-ups

Shakki.3219

there is barely anyone playing

Reaper – Anguîsh

in Match-ups

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Nice weather out there… And I am stuck at work

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Waiting for the next patch and upgrades or fixes to ANet’s servers, the skill lag in zergs is annoying. Also have to upgrade my CPU.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Match-ups

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

10+ Omegas and 15+ Alphas = One keep

Even though we lost almost all the border, I feel like we won :P

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in Match-ups

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

Considering we lost most of our stuff to Miller’s Sound (who had not even half their numbers and no golems), I feel like Drakkar’s little trip wasn’t exactly a success, since the only thing they accomplished is allowing MS to profit of the situation. I feel sorry for those that spent all that gold on the golems, and that gold will keep getting spent because it’s fairly obvious how helpless you are without them.

Member of TUP on Gandara

in Match-ups

Knochenkult.6423

oh was quit funny tbh and nobody did spent a coin, since peeps on drakkar work together, spend golems n use them together so we had our fun and we dont mind points so the evening worked as intended. world exp, karma, badges and fun :p

and unlike other servers, drakkar doesnt need to nightcap. we attack at primetime with mostly heavy defense and if our servers wouldnt be equal we wouldnt been fighting the fifth billion week each other.

and pls.. tell your commanders to stop whispering our commanders with crap ^^ we’re all playing the same game and ye you had two attackers on your homes, but we had millers on our so the attack on you didnt last long as we dont have the numbers to operate on all maps obviously and I felt like this thread needs more replies.

:)

Rostrot The Machine
Driver of Death Days

in Match-ups

DarthMohax.2593

looks like we will lose this week (i mean UW will be second), but i really dont get how DE srevers can have so many ppl at early mornings…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

We don’t need to nightcap, it’s simply the fact that we have more people with the ability to play at later hours because of different habits/schedules. It’s not like they’re going to sit still and do nothing just because our opponents happen to have less people online at that time. Noone does that, and neither would your server. And Miller’s ‘morningcap’ seems to be able to keep up with our nightcap just fine.

I just feel that these mass golem rushes are getting old really fast. As a guild who mostly defends our border, we hardly see any serious attempt at a keep unless accompanied by atleast several golems. I’m not saying that our server doesn’t do things like this, but I wish there would be more actual siege warfare than just golems trying to melt your gates within a minute. That’s the one thing I’d give the Spanish credit for, they’d attack our hills over and over again, draining our supply, cutting off dollies and finally taking the keep after a long siege, without using any golems. Losing a keep like that is so much more satisfying than having to lose it to 10+ golems within minutes.

I guess my complaint is more based on game mechanics and how certain tactics are just a lot more rewarding than others, making WvW for me as a defender somewhat less fun to play.

Member of TUP on Gandara

in Match-ups

naphack.9346

The problem with starving tactics is, it’s almost impossible to hold the freshly captured 0-supply keep for long. That’s the strong point of golem rushes. If you capture a 1500 supply keep, you are gonna have reinforced gates in no time.

But I’m pretty sure, these guys do it cause huge machines are… huge… machines… It’s hard to describe.

in Match-ups

DarthMohax.2593

Yes, Spanish built long range siedges like crazy, and they cared about cuting supplies as well (something we should take care of too).
But Hills are pretty well defended against any prolonged siedge if defenders have countersiedges ready, so golems are valid tactics if you dont have time and dedication for slow advance with trebs and catas.

Huge humanoid robots defending our borders (attacking enemy borders) are just cool.

(edited by DarthMohax.2593)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dzent.2750

Dzent.2750

Underworld.. prepare.. your Borders will tremble with fear

ok its been 2 days now i am getting bored of waiting to “tremble with fear”. can you just let us know when you are going to make your move please.
oh and if was meant to be last nights attack then i am sorry to inform you that i was ROFL not trembling with fear. Standing in a group of golems and hitting them with a hammer was so much fun, can you do it again. I only got 150 badges of honor from lastnight i need a few more please.

Dee, charr mesmer at heart
Member of [GuM]
Aurora Glade

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sickle.6502

Sickle.6502

Oh christ, again we face the same two servers… this is getting old, and FAST….

Can we not just have friday evenings as a time of peace, so Millers, Drakkars and Underworld guys….. can finally get their bloody Vista’s, POI’s and such?

in Match-ups

Shadowresli.3782

yeah, this is getting really old, 5 weeks in a row.

but underworld seems to hold back a bit, even their nightcapping isn’t as succsessfull as it was the previous weeks.

in Match-ups

naphack.9346

but underworld seems to hold back a bit, even their nightcapping isn’t as succsessfull as it was the previous weeks.

Holding back or giving in?
Which is it?

in Match-ups

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

Holding back or giving in?
Which is it?

Actually. I can’t be bothered. Most of the people in guild can’t be bothered. Same match up same tactics, gets boring real quick.

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

naphack.9346

Well, I couldn’t be bothered from the beginning. Us Drakkars is a fun bunch to fool around with, but there is absolutely no tension.
I’m a DotA player, I expect some sort of thirst for victory and some degree of teamplay due to being stuck into random teams of 5 players and having to claw my way through countless times. You had some feeling of achievement, when you won after 40-50 minutes of trying to outwit the opposition. In WvW, victory seems meaningless, even more, if the servermates just seem to want to enjoy themselves, so I also stick to fooling around, whenever I feel like playing WvW.

It’s not even a problem with our server but more of a problem with WvW as a whole. There is just no point in winning.

in Match-ups

Shadowresli.3782

@naphack: i’m a fellow DL player, so for me it’s not a problem if UW isn’t nightcapping.
and it’s getting old, when you can set your clock once some action takes place. it’s 22.00 commander event in southeast tower, then supplycamps south and north from hills, and then they go for everything that’s t1.
in all this matchup i rarely see more than a few underworld players during my playtime (18-23 CET). an uw zerg is a rare sighting, now more than ever.

in Match-ups

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Aye, our main issue is that people simply give up when we lose a match or two, so we it is more or less only us “hard-core” WvW:ers that still play, which means we do have some problems getting enough people for useful stuff.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amber.8193

Amber.8193

No offence to our German mates, but I’m getting seriously tired of these matchups
Same servers 4 or 5 (?) times in a row…need fresh blood now !

in Match-ups

Posted by: iorlas.6721

iorlas.6721

hey..Drakk/ Millers… ever tried taking a camp with less than 30?

in Match-ups

Posted by: JeroenXP.5364

JeroenXP.5364

Anet really needs to put only 1 DE,FR etc in a matchup, sinch i have the feeling whenever its 2 DE the “english” realm is always getting focused first. Lets also not talk about how we are outnumbered in underworld most of the time vs these 2 and then most of the time they still run like chickens instead of attacking us when its 2 to 1 in their favor.

Kemy Support ele – Kesia Berserker War – Miruto Wolfhowl Berserker ranger:
Sakurashi Tank Mesmer – Cutie Pewpie Grenadier Engineer – Neesa Misaki Support Guard:
[Underworld]

in Match-ups

Posted by: iorlas.6721

iorlas.6721

Just because miller and drakk where both in lord room at hills defending doesn’t mean they work together;)

in Match-ups

Posted by: JeroenXP.5364

JeroenXP.5364

Just take a look at the map and see its always first ours they attack. For 2 days i see underworld borderlands being taken by ourselfs or by miller completely. Maybe i missed it but i have never seen drakk borderlands going nearly fully green.

Kemy Support ele – Kesia Berserker War – Miruto Wolfhowl Berserker ranger:
Sakurashi Tank Mesmer – Cutie Pewpie Grenadier Engineer – Neesa Misaki Support Guard:
[Underworld]

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameTerror.4032

LameTerror.4032

Don’t be silly, drakkar border had seen a lot of action too.

Game Of Elements – Elementalist
WBC – Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

Paavotar.3971

There is also another reason why UW border gets so much attention from the DE servers, and that is….

dramatic drumming

the potential of UW has dropped quite a lot from the first match up with these two DE servers.

If you remember the first week and the second week, UW border was under the control of UW most of the time (of course there was some sneaky golem rushes that broke this).

Anyhow, if you think again that UW is getting two teamed, ask yourself “Would I rather attack fully upgraded border or a border that can maintain only garrison?” and there you have your answer.

DE servers know they can get easy points from UW border, so they come there to take them. Not gonna blame them, I would be doing the exact same. Im not blaming about the activity of our server either. I wouldn’t mind dropping down a tier, because I know we would face Dzagonur then and I have couple of good Dueling friends there and Im interested how have they improved their skills and builds since the last time we met.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

@ Moug u should be afraid of my ranger !

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

in Match-ups

Paavotar.3971

@Nubu: I am most eager to test out my Candy cane on your ranger. I have improved my warrior a lil so you will get more sugah

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

Hehe ! Im looking forward to it !

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eisengel.5164

Eisengel.5164

Dear Underworld,

I hate namecalling, that’s why I won’t call out that special guild who’s bugging into Bay.

Right now we (DL) are raiding UW-Homelands and we have scouts in Bay who tell us constantly about your people letting Mesmers die right behind the gate (inside of Bay) just to rez him through the gate and port everyone in. Please tell your people not to do that… that’s bug using.

And before someone says: that was just a one time thing… it wasn’t. We killed those Mesmers like 3 or 4 times and they still tried it again. We reported everyone involved (the ppl who rezzed as well as the Mesmers)

Except for these incidents: Thanks for all the good fights =) Always fun with you