Vizunah/Desolation/Seafarer (2.03-???) T1 EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

A little souvenir from page 1 and the start of the week
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/3533/justlol.jpg

Thanks for reminding me of that, was one of the most beautiful things ever in this game. Such nice coordination. I remember that the entire chat channel was already imagining the screenshots that would be posted.

When I was young I was given the advice that if everyone is against you that you should maybe consider the possibility that you deserve it for some reason.

Also that screenshot is a bit misleading as there were plenty of fights between Deso and SFR later in the week

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

People actually complaining about other people playing WvW in WvW is golden.

There is no GvG mode, and if you play GvG in WvW, you have no right whatsoever to complain about people actually playing the game mode YOU interfere.

I agree with the point that as long as you do your games out of prime time it would be less of a problem, while it still would be nice if you would actually support your server instead, but it’s unreasonable to claim that someone who came for a GvG match would have come on for WvW otherwise at all, if there wouldn’t be any GvG.

To think you are privileged to do your GvG without anyone interfering and that every single person on the server, even those in big and known guilds, would know whats going on is flat out ridiculous.

Calling people and Guilds out in the forums for playing WvW in WvW, or just not knowing whats going on, is a insolence.

Deal with it, or quit doing it until you get a proper gamemode which supports your interests.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Orrrr people could read chat and not interfere when told not to?

(edited by Genev.2450)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

Orrrr people could read chat and not interfere when told not do?

Not everybody shares the same interests and WvW is not a controlled environment to do GvG.

Next time my server takes a keep from yours, please do not interfere, we are actually playing a Guild vs Keep match.

in Match-ups

Genev.2450

I was referring to you saying that people shouldn’t be expected to know what’s going on so of course they’re going to interfere.
I don’t care about GvG, I just take amusement out of hearing who beat who, and I don’t watch any vids, but from what I’ve heard people are yelling all the time “omgdontinterfereGvGhappening”… Doesn’t seem too hard to figure out what’s happening then.

And why not run off and go do something useful if you don’t like GvG? Abuse that a powerful enemy force is occupied and go take some of their towers. You know. With the other people who don’t care about GvG. Against the other people who don’t care about GvG.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

First time i’ve played for more than an hour in last month and had a blast, just getting warmed up before the update hits.

Thanks for all the fights today in EB, SM switched so much lost count. And thanks to everyone that followed was one of the better pug leading days as we had no actual guilds rolling around bar DKR early in the afternoon.

Def looking forward to playing more and hopefully more CIR come back once the update hits.

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kingface.9781

Kingface.9781

Welcome in the week-end dudes. Have fun with casual childish people.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Thanks Yaro and Black ice Spain, thank god some people understand our reasoning. Persoanlly I love GvG, and we have learnt so much from them. Firstly from Votf. Then Wl taught as that we need to set up a dedicated team for this.

Yep it maybe another two months, sadly we are a bit busy fighting in wvw atm. Zd’s, SIn and Vcy giving us a torrid time today.

Shifty is right we may only get the time to do this if we fall a tier, thanks for pointing that out shifty.

Haha Genev you are such a troll, you sure you don’t want to follow the old guilds you used to play with from Fs and Blacktide to Sfr? I am sure most of Deso would be willing to contribute to pay for the gems you need, though ofcourse it would be painful for us points wise to lose CIR. But you know how it is we don’t want people to stay on our server if they are not happy.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cyril.1486

Cyril.1486

That was an epic Guild vs. Guild Golden Horde you guys are the real deal. Max respect from me well played. Hope we can do that again for sure the hardest Guild vs. Guild we have had. The Russians are really packing a punch in this game you guys and Za Drots both very solid outfits gj.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.3412

Shifty.3412

Haha Genev you are such a troll, you sure you don’t want to follow the old guilds you used to play with from Fs and Blacktide to Sfr? I am sure most of Deso would be willing to contribute to pay for the gems you need, though ofcourse it would be painful for us points wise to lose CIR. But you know how it is we don’t want people to stay on our server if they are not happy.

I don’t think most of Deso would be willing to do that at all, she only speaks her mind and most of the time it’s actually the truth, but alas, the truth hurts.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masori.3528

Masori.3528

I don’t think most of Deso would be willing to do that at all, she only speaks her mind and most of the time it’s actually the truth, but alas, the truth hurts.

Trying to get in her pants?

But no really – what is the truth?

Massive I- [IRON]// [MOB]

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.3412

Shifty.3412

Aaw you guys all defensive it’s okay, guilds fall apart all the time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

I thought CIR took a break, not fall apart Shifty?!?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

wow RG that ust now was the biggest blob the game has ever seen. and golems on top of that. our wooden gate stood no chance. you’re truly amazing. we couldn’t even dodge or swap weapons or even type in chat. and on top of that we had 12 people. good ob. kudos.

Art of war didn’t help you at all?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolbryne.4037

Wolbryne.4037

Art of war didn’t help you at all?

think their guild as something like 8 to 10 members in total mate.

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON
“All war is deception.” – General Sun Tzu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Tbh all the sfr guilds on sf border have given us a right beating today. Good job you guys. Its been intense, just glad our guys stuck with it. Anyway well played.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

That was an epic Guild vs. Guild Golden Horde you guys are the real deal. Max respect from me well played. Hope we can do that again for sure the hardest Guild vs. Guild we have had. The Russians are really packing a punch in this game you guys and Za Drots both very solid outfits gj.

My biggest concern was that this match could be ruined by trolls or lags/culling since it drew quite a bit of attention for past week or so. But man if it lived up to expectations. Minor disturbances aside, it was clean, fair and square.

Your focus, endurance, ability to adapt and bench length are truly impressive and that is something we will be working on too.

I don’t think you guys need any additional praising and shout outs. I’m just not that good at it. Victory well deserved, we’ll be remembering this day as one of few that are the reason we are playing this game. Let’s make more of those!

For anyone interested, final score was (GH) 3 – 7 (RG) plus one was called “no contest” due to interruption by VS zerg that went astray. And we even had a lead few times during first half of match.

Videos:
Replay of spectator live stream by RUScorp with commentary (in Russian): http://www.twitch.tv/qqtrooper34/b/375675180

Replay of live stream by Pryda of Red Guard: http://ru.twitch.tv/prydatv/b/375685405 (not from the first fight though)

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in Match-ups

Posted by: ethier.3417

ethier.3417

Well done GH, I always suspected you’d give RG a good GvG.

VcY have often grown careless of wiping VZ Zergs, Playing Music on our TS and then mistake you guys for VZ blob and get destroyed ^^

About GvG between VcY and Bull
I’ll admit, I was wrong. There were 2 Volt guys i saw after watching Bulls stream who did Gank two players. I only saw them start the Spider Queen Trait point. I won’t make excuses but that battle was pretty much already won, with most Bull down as it was when those guys came along though.

VcY apologize about this, We are very “serious” and do not condone this type of action. But again, Were sorry for a very few of SFR getting involved in the GvG.

VcY Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jU6w7fue0s&list=UUHRug0FJJ8-ah99iom2TBxA&index=1

Ethier 80 Necro Callous Philosophy [LaG]

in Match-ups

Genev.2450

/edit: Sorry for the wall of text, I get a bit wordy (or even wordier than usual? /ponder) when I’m lacking sleep. Maybe that’s why I always do better on the papers I pulled allnighters on… Something to think about, that is…. /edit

I see some purging happened, not surprised at that, honestly, though I am quite surprised the thread didn’t get locked and “glhf creating a new one!”

Before I adress some minor issues which popped up earlier, I have to say I had a real fun day, playing with and against several people and guilds.
Though I would ask enemy guilds to come at groups I’m running with from an angle which give me plenty of time and opportunity to run away like the coward I am

Now onwards to business!

Ahhh, first things first: I’m not from FS, never been there, and the Blacktide guilds… While some of them are on SFR, most of them have spread all over – including to Deso actually. Don’t think there’s that many on SFR.
Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, I hardly kept track.

While I would welcome any financial contributions, I’m sad to announce anything you send will not be used towards gems to leave Desolation. I’m working on a Legendary, though, so like i said, donations are welcome, in whatever spirit they are sent.

And what gave you the idea I’m not happy on Desolation? Sure, I’ve apparently managed to pick up some trouble with certain people, and I’m not a very loving/cuddly person, but as far as I was aware, not liking certain people or organisations does not automatically mean I’m unhappy with everything.
But I’m guessing that was more your version of “gtfo”. You know, kinda, combined with the gems offer, it sure gave that impression.

Should I at one point decide to leave the server, I will remember your kind offer of financing my move though, and I assume the guild I’m in would fall under that too (since I’m kinda attached to them and wouldn’t move without them, inactive or not… For ye of bad reading comprehension: I move when the boss tells me we move, and no gtfo from somebody who could use some thicker skin is going to change that)

(edited by Genev.2450)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raniri.6178

Raniri.6178

ECL-Member dancing at Primetime

… lags,delays and disco ^^

[ECL] Seafarers Rest | 137 K Kills | Rank 470
http://www.eclipse-gilde.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: ultranawak.7183

ultranawak.7183

Pure Gold is what VS is doing on Saturday after reset.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/vszoomhacking.jpg/

They even put swords at Wurm before they rush Bay, so bad….
You guys are digging deeper everyday.

They use arrow cart spec. That’s why they lose every open field fight.

Yeah cauz you don’t use any Arrow cart, isn’t it ?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/515/gw071j.jpg/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

Videos:
Replay of spectator live stream by RUScorp with commentary (in Russian): http://www.twitch.tv/qqtrooper34/b/375675180

BTW,

Too bad only Russian speaking audience would appreciate sparkling humor of hosts and overall atmosphere of broadcasting. We really need more coverage like that. Thanks to RUS Corp and TRoop3R in particular for interesting stream, analysis (though a little superficial) and a good laugh.

“Warthogs attacking Red Guard! GH lured RG into warthogs! Now they have clear advantage because it’s 25vs30!”
Just made my day xD

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

Videos:

BTW,

Too bad only Russian speaking audience would appreciate sparkling humor of hosts and overall atmosphere of broadcasting. We really need more coverage like that. Thanks to RUS Corp and TRoop3R in particular for interesting stream, analysis (though a little superficial) and a good laugh.

“Warthogs attacking Red Guard! GH lured RG into warthogs! Now they have clear advantage because it’s 25vs30!”
Just made my day xD

Now I wish I could understand Russian.

Your 10+ organized Guardian Train o’ Death and your Lines of Warding will haunt me for a long time to come. It was quite funny/interesting how much our setups differed.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in Match-ups

Posted by: REAL.7483

REAL.7483

What does one thing has to do with another ? You were zoomhacking, we simply had Hills full of ACs like i have never seen in the past months, it was actually good to see.

Dolyaks in Disguise [DD] ~ Seafarer’s Rest Server

in Match-ups

Posted by: StarFighter.4209

StarFighter.4209

What does one thing has to do with another ? You were zoomhacking, we simply had Hills full of ACs like i have never seen in the past months, it was actually good to see.

:D thx, was just a prototype

in Match-ups

Posted by: ultranawak.7183

ultranawak.7183

Yeah and u forgot your NOcd AC too. Cheaters are everywhere, don’t blame a server for one person.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kirrtau.2309

kirrtau.2309

in Match-ups

Posted by: Spiders Spiders Spiders.8043

Spiders Spiders Spiders.8043

For the little I play lately I must say so far it has been amusing. What will it be next time? Yet another guy permarunning at swiftness speed without buff? Jumping in mid air in what look like small teleport steps in the air?

But allies are most entertaining too. Take for example this The Sky Hunter guy trying to kill his allies by costume fearing them down cliffs. Or Gyroxz from this ART guild he was proclaiming to be the best ever and how we should virtually suck his male appendage as well as other general abuse or transfer to another server, referring to currently not really active in GW CIR. Then two of us fell down, got killed after a while as he watched and laughed, just for him to die shorty after because, oh look, you are now badly outnumbered. Or this other guy from who apparently thought it was my duty not only to go and help him, which I did, but to suicide in a vain attempt to get him up and ended up raging on map and told to shut the kitten up.

There’s a couple of nice players here, but there’s soooo many mentally challenged people. If this is representative of what goes in zerg vs zerg, I guess it was true that desolation only won because of numbers.

[CIR] Crimson Imperium Reborn / Blacktide

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Looks like SFR are gonna be the new EU super power, never realised they would be that strong o.0

Good vid on GH and RG fight, you done Deso proud GH

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lelith.2916

Lelith.2916

No drama, just a nice screenshot I got of how VS like to siege up Yes thats right.. we counted 16 of them O.o

Attachments:

Guild Leader of Eternal Invictus [INVI].

in Match-ups

Dyno.9467

No drama, just a nice screenshot I got of how VS like to siege up Yes thats right.. we counted 16 of them O.o

lol wheres that? Thats insane

Asura – Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lelith.2916

Lelith.2916

Lowlands keep on EB

Guild Leader of Eternal Invictus [INVI].

in Match-ups

Posted by: generalkreator.4687

generalkreator.4687

I love Deso. Their tactics are insane. They do everything to loose this matchup.

General Kreator | Thief
[Nas] Nástrandir
Seafarer´s Rest

in Match-ups

Dyno.9467

I love Deso. Their tactics are insane. They do everything to loose this matchup.

lose

Asura – Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eowynna.1879

Eowynna.1879

To a cerain extent, I have to agree with this. This morning and early afternoon my guild tried to hold whatever we had on several borders, but we simply didn’t have the manpower to plug the holes and hold against the Russian Invasion from SFR . I didnt see a big presence from other Deso guilds which is really a shame as we had the chance to at least pull a few thousand ahead of Viz; points we most probably need at the end of this matchup.

Eowynna – Elementalist.
The Iron Triangle [IRON] – Desolation (EU)

in Match-ups

Dyno.9467

Other guilds have probably realised that Viz will just night cap from Monday so makes no difference.

Asura – Desolation

(edited by Dyno.9467)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tygra.4570

Tygra.4570

Not sure Vizu will night cap, SFR proved to be really strong during the whole 24 hours.
Lets hope they are tired, or it’s gg soon.

Cheers

The French Flair [FF]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Not sure Vizu will night cap, SFR proved to be really strong during the whole 24 hours.
Lets hope they are tired, or it’s gg tomorrow morning :o

cheers

So you now hold your hands up to night capping quite openly? I recall when we were on SFR you guys were in full denial mode about having people who night cap…

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eowynna.1879

Eowynna.1879

Other guilds have probably realised that Viz will just night cap from Monday so makes no difference.

True. Deso may not be able to beat Viz but that is not a reason not to play. In my oppinion very good fights happen in this matchup, so we should at least try to stay in T1.

Eowynna – Elementalist.
The Iron Triangle [IRON] – Desolation (EU)

in Match-ups

Genev.2450

I don’t remember a single time where VS denied nightcapping.
They just deny nightcapping by Canadians, or in large groups.

And even if VS night force will be less effective against SFR, they’ve still got more than Deso :p

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Can you give some examples?

Today I entered the VS borderlands, which was completely under SFR control, except one supply at the North. Our side, Desolation, had just 2 players and no points whatsoever. Three of my guildies joined me and later 1 more. We managed to get both supply camps, one tower tower and killed several enemies etc under my lead. I equipped the tower and defended our points and tried to take one more tower, but we simply lacked troops to do that all.

Please educate us foolish Desolation players:
If you are heavily outnumbered by the enemy and there are no commanders on the map, what are you supposed to do?

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Match-ups

Dyno.9467

True. Deso may not be able to beat Viz but that is not a reason not to play. In my oppinion very good fights happen in this matchup, so we should at least try to stay in T1.

Exactly I dont mean give up, we had a 20k lead about 3 weeks ago in tier 1, me personally I love just playing on Deso with the people, been some epic fights over the last 6 months.

We’ll keep tier 1 this week anyway JS are lamping Elona.

Asura – Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fanfaron.6109

Fanfaron.6109

Can you give some examples?

Today I entered the VS borderlands, which was completely under SFR control, except one supply at the North. Our side, Desolation, had just 2 players and no points whatsoever. Three of my guildies joined me and later 1 more. We managed to get both supply camps, one tower tower and killed several enemies etc under my lead. I equipped the tower and defended our points and tried to take one more tower, but we simply lacked troops to do that all.

Please educate us foolish Desolation players:
If you are heavily outnumbered by the enemy and there are no commanders on the map, what are you supposed to do?

i think he told bout focusing SFR border, even try attack t3 garri/t3 sunnyhill, when Deso border almost green
i dunno, who command on Desolation, but he do such things both days

[ZDs] Fanfaron, fieldcommander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tygra.4570

Tygra.4570

So you now hold your hands up to night capping quite openly? I recall when we were on SFR you guys were in full denial mode about having people who night cap…

Those who are on full denial are random trolls/forum warriors. This is the internet and there are plenty of them. The words of a few people do not represent a server, as well as i don’t.

Genev’s answer is pretty accurate

The French Flair [FF]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bren.9320

Bren.9320

i think he told bout focusing SFR border, even try attack t3 garri/t3 sunnyhill, when Deso border almost green
i dunno, who command on Desolation, but he do such things both days

It may have something to do with fact that every time we stop putting pressure on SFR on their own border, we have 6 SFR golems on bay gates.
You see, its easy to judge other servers tactics from your position, but situation may be completely different from other server point of view.

Breny |IRON| Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fanfaron.6109

Fanfaron.6109

i dont judge and it’s mine guild put those golems u told bout
simple coz there is no green targets was avaible at border at this moment

[ZDs] Fanfaron, fieldcommander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pandemic.1032

Pandemic.1032

Lot of accusations about blobbing. The reality is most good guilds dont blob unless they are trying to take a heavily aoe defended objective.

Sure accidently adding and so on happens, and once you have that commander tag up, good luck with stopping pugs converging on you

But mostly it really isnt done on purpose. Yeah theres times when you just got rolled by 90+ and its the 3rd time so you group up but its pretty rare.

My experience anyway.

Pandemic (VOTF and SUN)
Ex Boon Control, Red Guard, Black Company, The Blackhand Order
Several pvp and WvW World / Europe various MMO game firsts

(edited by Pandemic.1032)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolbryne.4037

Wolbryne.4037

if sfr don’t start realizing pretty soon that vs is the biggest threat they won’t win this round. the rg/sin blob, opt etc are all focusing deso atm and pretty much leaving vs alone. come monday vs are going to start pulling ahead and sfr are gonna need as big a head start on points they can get and this is not the way to do it tbh. but either way, we take it as a compliment

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON
“All war is deception.” – General Sun Tzu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pandemic.1032

Pandemic.1032

if sfr don’t start realizing pretty soon that vs is the biggest threat they won’t win this round. the rg/sin blob, opt etc are all focusing deso atm and pretty much leaving vs alone. come monday vs are going to start pulling ahead and sfr are gonna need as big a head start on points they can get and this is not the way to do it tbh. but either way, we take it as a compliment

Think of it in a positive way. It means we are having some really good fights against good premade warbands

Pandemic (VOTF and SUN)
Ex Boon Control, Red Guard, Black Company, The Blackhand Order
Several pvp and WvW World / Europe various MMO game firsts

in Match-ups

Dyno.9467

I think we should get everyone together and gang up on RG and just kill them all week, they’ll be begging for mercy by Friday

Asura – Desolation