Vizunah/Desolation/Seafarer (2.03-???) T1 EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: CorliCorso.6254

CorliCorso.6254

SFR Garrison yesterday was just awful. 5-10 seconds of delay before we could use any spell other than #1. Deso guarding entrance to let VZ capture.

I can’t see how anyone think this is fun. But if you really do think this is fun, please keep blob-teaming up like this, a bit more often if possible. I want to drop down to t2 asap, at least until people either stop blobbing or ANet fixes skill lag.

Regarding guarding the entrance – yes, it’s great fun to watch Viz take the garrison only to steal it from them minutes later. It worked successfully a couple of nights ago, they obviously remembered last night when we tried again because they stuck around and we couldn’t get it.

Regarding the skill lag, it’s never fun – that’s why it makes more sense to pull away than engage in a 3-way fight, which is a guaranteed lagfest.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

Another thing I cannot decide is who the better blob is, Deso…VZ…..Deso have been more aggressive and fun while VZ well..they like to stick about in the background. I mean, which if you is supposed to be getting the keep in the agreement? Who is more deserving? I can’t decide.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

Who keeps telling you stories about how SFR got so strong because of “bandwagon” guilds. Since the free transfers we got bandwagon guilds, its making us anything but strong

I feel sorry for you.

Liar :-)
Don’t worry mate, there’s still going to be a long time until you’ll be allowed by other servers to cap enemy keeps again.

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Another thing I cannot decide is who the better blob is, Deso…VZ…..Deso have been more aggressive and fun while VZ well..they like to stick about in the background. I mean, which if you is supposed to be getting the keep in the agreement? Who is more deserving? I can’t decide.

SFR blob wins brilliant defending

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Don’t worry mate, there’s still going to be a long time until you’ll be allowed by other servers to cap enemy keeps again.

Will never happen again See https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Is-T1-still-better-than-T2

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Leorcyn.1063

Leorcyn.1063

.You got schooled on the field,you ran under a rock and now that Anet decided we are too good for you you crawl up again and brag about wining over pugs from t8.Not that i would have expected any less.

As for your not worthy taunt atempt..

Well, nope. Using 9gag memes won’t change the fact that we didn’t run away when we faced hard times. We’re still here, not fleeing the sinking ship.
But it’s a concept you can’t understand, we’ve debated on this topic numerous times.

Now Anet didn’t decide you were too good, Anet didn’t decide to screw you with free transfers and I didn’t come here to brag : the matchup is far from won, we’re just a few points ahead.
I was just pointing how ridiculous it is to blame Anet for something that, as a server, you can’t handle.

in Match-ups

Posted by: DarkieDuck.9521

DarkieDuck.9521

Who keeps telling you stories about how SFR got so strong because of “bandwagon” guilds. Since the free transfers we got bandwagon guilds, its making us anything but strong

This (and before) http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/9/6
was SFR before pushing by bandwagoners.

Now (with the last free transfer round) you got to more pushing than you like, I feel sorry for you.

But without any pushing you would still be only middle-field.

HAHAHAHA, is this a joke?
Week6? really?

Zekow[NiD] – lvl 80 Elementalist
Solo guard of the watergate
Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mortix.9725

Mortix.9725

someone from Elona actually trying to flame SFR…we sure needed more jokers in this thread.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

/Cast <Summon Genev>

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nergrom.7592

Nergrom.7592

Got this gem from a guildmember, note that it’s just a joke :P

http://oi48.tinypic.com/30jk0on.jpg

in Match-ups

Posted by: Flea Exercise.5098

Flea Exercise.5098

Our multiple last stands today on EB keep reminded me of Orr events farming. Now I’m curious whether CoF farming or defending against teamed up Deso and VS is more profittable.

[ZDs]

(edited by Flea Exercise.5098)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Anatolian Turk.4057

Anatolian Turk.4057

one of the reasons why SFR is on the decline because of the constant insults and abuses to their own pugs and pve/pvx guilds in SFR wvw chats. This isnt helping your server at all. If you guys cant work as a team might else well say bye bye to tier 1. i hope you guys can overcome the internal problems thats facing your server atm because you guys from SFR bring good quality open fights and also bring stability to t1. GL

Honourable Guardian | Desolation
Arenanet killed WvW
R.I.P. WvW 2012 – 2015

in Match-ups

Sarevok.2638

Our multiple last stands today on EB keep reminded me of Orr events farming. Now I’m curious whether CoF farming or defending against teamed up Deso and VS is more profittable.

Well….where can you get precursors?

(on a serious note, I will laugh till I die if one drops)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Papawan.1952

Papawan.1952

Who keeps telling you stories about how SFR got so strong because of “bandwagon” guilds.
Since the free transfers we got bandwagon guilds, its making us anything but strong

We’ll see how strong SFR remains once some of your 152 WvW guilds leave.

Desolationist

in Match-ups

DarkieDuck.9521

Who keeps telling you stories about how SFR got so strong because of “bandwagon” guilds.
Since the free transfers we got bandwagon guilds, its making us anything but strong

We’ll see how strong SFR remains once some of your 152 WvW guilds leave.

Haha

Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: rebelnomad.4502

rebelnomad.4502

one of the reasons why SFR is on the decline because of the constant insults and abuses to their own pugs and pve/pvx guilds in SFR wvw chats. This isnt helping your server at all. If you guys cant work as a team might else well say bye bye to tier 1. i hope you guys can overcome the internal problems thats facing your server atm because you guys from SFR bring good quality open fights and also bring stability to t1. GL

You aren’t even in SFR server. Why do you care? What is it to you? After all that trashing SFR, suddenly you come to senses? just go back and read your a few previous posts… seriously, how many personalities do you have…

Apocalyptic Awakening [SOUL]

(edited by rebelnomad.4502)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Witzard.6829

Witzard.6829

A guildie got 3 this week, 2 x venom and one dawn (yep), in loot bags from Deso/SFR.

Ghosts of Liberty [GHO]
Vizunah Square

in Match-ups

Sarevok.2638

>EB Right now

YOU BLEW IT, YOU HAD IT ALL AND YOU BLEW IT!

in Match-ups

Posted by: jiddo.8041

jiddo.8041

A guildie got 3 this week, 2 x venom and one dawn (yep), in loot bags from Deso/SFR.

Impossible, vizunah players get like 1 kill every hour.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Impossible, vizunah players get like 1 kill every hour.

Maybe national servers have better loot chance. By the way devs Malta still waiting own national server.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Match-ups

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

/Cast <Summon Genev>

Not sure I should like that that’s done after somebody says “Needs more jokers” :p
This isn’t really my type of discussion though, you’ll have to find somebody else!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

My thanks to deso and viz, we were thinking of making our Keep more open plan and airy – I love what you’ve done with the place.

I was leading Deso all day in EB and this cracked me up, nice one

Deso had no where near the numbers to compete against SFR or VS on our own so we thought we’d join in with VS and grab what points we could that were on the table. Nothing wrong with that is there? haha

To be fair, SFR held out really well, if VS pushed in i’d take us round to your spawn and wipe what we could there, after that wasn’t working we decided to turn the keep into swiss cheese. Just as things got interesting a VS blob moved by overlook so we fell back and then after that there was no co-ordinated push from us and VS.

So just a free for all in SFR land. Had a fun day, died alot more times than won actual proper fights mainly to peoples inability to listen (those that did ty!)

Got another day off work tomorrow, cya in EB

And just to be clear we didnt focus you 100% of the time, we kitten VS off afew times trebbing SM and hitting bavrost, they were to quick to react and we were to few to take anything

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pukknub.7368

Pukknub.7368

SFR Garrison yesterday was just awful. 5-10 seconds of delay before we could use any spell other than #1.

You know, it’s the same for everyone on the map when things get laggy…

Yes, now if you don’t remove but instead read the second part of my post.

I feel sorry for you.

SFR has been a strong server since launch. We lost some important guilds but we also gained some new ones.
I can imagine old SFR players feeling a bit sick now when ANet opened up free transfers to SFR while we were number one. Infinite queues, skill lag (not thanks to free transfer, but still), clueless pugs etc.
So unfortunately, we’re starting to grow weaker now. But as always, I’m sure we’ll recover soon enough.

Pukknub
Proud member of Velocity [VcY]

(edited by Pukknub.7368)

in Match-ups

Sarevok.2638

all of a sudden, SFR is +275…..

in Match-ups

Witzard.6829

SFR Garrison yesterday was just awful. 5-10 seconds of delay before we could use any spell other than #1.

Yes, now if you don’t remove but instead read the second part of my post.

Well, my point was that complaining about the lag is useless, everyone suffers from it.

Ghosts of Liberty [GHO]
Vizunah Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

My thanks to deso and viz, we were thinking of making our Keep more open plan and airy – I love what you’ve done with the place.

Deso had no where near the numbers to compete against SFR or VS on our own so we thought we’d join in with VS and grab what points we could that were on the table. Nothing wrong with that is there? haha

To be fair, SFR held out really well, if VS pushed in i’d take us round to your spawn and wipe what we could there, after that wasn’t working we decided to turn the keep into swiss cheese. Just as things got interesting a VS blob moved by overlook so we fell back and then after that there was no co-ordinated push from us and VS.

Yup, I was thinking by lunch time thank god VS and Deso weren’t actually working together – if both of you had zerged at exactly the same time we would have been steamrollered.

As it was, there was just enough time to dust ourselves off and sprint back and forth between opposite sides of the keep like loonies to repel the attacks.

Anyway, was good fun. At one point I had to stop and admire the effect of 6 VS trebs and assorted catapults at Jerrifers and 3 or 4 Deso trebs at Aldons continuously pounding away at all sides of the keep

We’ll be repairing our walls with siege engine rocks and cow carcasses tonight.

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Match-ups

Pukknub.7368

Well, my point was that complaining about the lag is useless, everyone suffers from it.

Yes, now I wasn’t complaining about the lag. I was wondering how you guys can enjoy playing like that.
Did you even read the second part? Anyway, here it is again.

I can’t see how anyone think this is fun. But if you really do think this is fun, please keep blob-teaming up like this, a bit more often if possible. I want to drop down to t2 asap, at least until people either stop blobbing or ANet fixes skill lag.

I wasn’t actually complaining about the servers who can’t handle the large fights, or the skill lag that it creates. I was basically complaining about the players creating it.

Pukknub

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

And just to add my opinion on people complaining about numbers and blobs:

We all caused it whether aware of it or not, VS have been in tier 1 so long simply because of their PUG army. PUGs win the war, guilds win the battles. Every FOTM server that has reached tier 1 has always been pitted against VS, First Deso with their US force, then along came BT with Xaoc dominating early time zone and then the EU prime time guilds controlling everything, and now SFR.

Every FOTM server that has gone against VS has only strengthened VS, the difference in them now from when I fought them on BT is very different, they react faster, they fight a lot more organised and they are quicker to split their pug force to hit 2 things at once working more like 2 guilds rather than 2 pug armies.

When a server stays in T1 for along time they get swarmed with extra transfers that increase queue times and act independently of those on the server, often causing players that are originally from that server to become annoyed or frustrated. Guilds slowly fall apart or transfer away. Then people that are used to rolling in organised groups go inactive because the fun disappears, you are just let with a few die hard guilds that stick it out and pugs.

Deso is doing well because the old school are still around training and teaching the pugs, VS are around cause they are the PUG army masters and SFR still has a solid guild make up. I can honestly see SFR going on the decline in the next 2-3 weeks, RG will be transferring soon no doubt due to wanting to roll as a guild without massive queues and more gvg fights to be had, once they go afew might start to think it’d be a good idea. After that is when a server truly becomes a community because they are left with the core and a pug army to work with.

Too many beers and kinda lost where I was going with this but the spuds are done so time to stop rambling lol

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

Actually that is not correct. Usually the outnumbering force has less lag (yet, they lag, but not as extreme) then the outnumbered. Which is totally not understandable and doesn’t make any sense. Just have a closer look next time you are wastly outnumbered while still running in a larger ball and the zone is still lagging. See the enemy use #2-5 and utility skills/elites while you struggle to even stay on a MA because of rubberbanding, random teleports and skills not firing for 10s.

[RG]

in Match-ups

DarkieDuck.9521

SFR is in ‘decline’ because guilds cannot get full raids started and get to business. SFR was a server home to some of the top wvw guilds in EU and by working as a team we dominated T1 for 5 week, tbh, with very little effort. So we have no problems working aa a team. The problem is these brainless pugs that have come over and are trash talking and are not willing to get involved. We have had discussion on how best to get the pugs involved and have come up with solutions, but if they refuse to participate then what do we do?

It’s funny seeing people that have never been on SFR or been on for a week talk about how things work.

This pretty much tells it all.
I dont agree on the “very little effort” part tho, Viz has been (before their little set back) a great opponent

Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ohliufff.8160

Ohliufff.8160

I was leading Deso all day in EB and this cracked me up, nice one

So just a free for all in SFR land. Had a fun day, died alot more times than won actual proper fights mainly to peoples inability to listen (those that did ty!)

Got another day off work tomorrow, cya in EB

And just to be clear we didnt focus you 100% of the time, we kitten VS off afew times trebbing SM and hitting bavrost, they were to quick to react and we were to few to take anything

I salute you sir for stating the obvious and not making another “what are you talking about” post. It was the same yesterday as it is today, but we are not complaining. No sir. We will be doing the same think we are doing all week- working all around the map to defend our own and make your evening a bit more challenging.

[BOO]KhanKubrat – Small Onel for life
Seafarer’s Rest

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lelith.2916

Lelith.2916

It’s funny seeing people that have never been on SFR or been on for a week talk about how things work.

Only thing I will say about this is this, the same can be said about people on SFR passing comment about Desolation who have never been on here, and don’t know the situation themselves. Believe it or not a lot of what the Deso posters say about the state of the server, is actually true. But as usual it is seen as someone trying to mislead you.

Ifyou really doubt it that much, come here and find out for yourself.

Guild Leader of Eternal Invictus [INVI].

in Match-ups

Posted by: Argument.1265

Argument.1265

SFR borderlands. Few deso guys were able to get inside Sunnyhill tower to destroy our def sieges, while their blob was hitting the gate. Kinda unsportsmanlike behavior.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wrex.6798

Wrex.6798

@ Argument – He accidentally glitched through the gate, we told him to leave and he did as soon as he could ( he was being attacked).

//Wrex

IRON Gaming Boss.
www.Iron-Gaming.Com

(edited by Wrex.6798)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jon Snow.6780

Jon Snow.6780

Could somebody post the freakin score already..thank you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masori.3528

Masori.3528

SFR borderlands. Few deso guys were able to get inside Sunnyhill tower to destroy our def sieges, while their blob was hitting the gate. Kinda unsportsmanlike behavior.

This was one guy – and an ele – he didn’t kill any siege though.

We told him to jump out.

Massive I- [IRON]// [MOB]

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

We told him to jump out.

Obviously there gonna try and blame someone else for there cheating, its always somebody else’s fault, never SFR.

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in Match-ups

Witzard.6829

Yes, now I wasn’t complaining about the lag.

Man, you started your post with a complain about the lag, do I really have to quote again your “it was awful we had lag and delay before we could cast any skills” ?

You meant several things, great, i don’t really care about the second part of your post, I only reacted about the first part. And again, the lag is for everyone, not only for you.

Ghosts of Liberty [GHO]
Vizunah Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sevenn.3085

Sevenn.3085

We told him to jump out.

Obviously they’re gonna try and blame someone else for their cheating, its always somebody else’s fault, never SFR.

Fixed it for you!

[ECL] [CE] [Oz]

in Match-ups

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

GZ for bay in VS bl to Desolation .All our ppl still inside defending just crashed.Gj Anet love this game more and more.Were some fun fights while it lasted.

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

in Match-ups

Pukknub.7368

Yes, now I wasn’t complaining about the lag.

Man, you started your post with a complain about the lag, do I really have to quote again your “it was awful we had lag and delay before we could cast any skills” ?

You meant several things, great, i don’t really care about the second part of your post, I only reacted about the first part. And again, the lag is for everyone, not only for you.

First of all, that is not a correct quote. I also did not complain about the skill lag, I simply discribed the situation from my point of view. Once again, what I was complaining about was the way Deso and Vizunah behaved.
Another important note that you edited out in your quote, that greatly contributed to the experience being awful was “Deso guarding entrance to let VZ capture.”.

I found your first response offensive.

It’s like you’re telling me I’m stupid.

Pukknub

in Match-ups

Posted by: Papawan.1952

Papawan.1952

Not sure I should like that that’s done after somebody says “Needs more jokers” :p
This isn’t really my type of discussion though, you’ll have to find somebody else!

I’m surprised that you haven’t eagerly changed your forum signature to RG/SFR yet. It was inevitable that a fangirl like you were going to join them. Now you can finally be another elitest SFR troll instead of a classless Deso tourist complaining about the server – good riddance.

P.S How much tits4sacryx does it cost to get into RG?

Desolationist

(edited by Papawan.1952)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Argument.1265

Argument.1265

@ Argument – He accidentally glitched through the gate, we told him to leave and he did as soon as he could ( he was being attacked).

//Wrex

thanks for the explanations.

cheers,
Argument

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wemil.7052

Wemil.7052

that comment papawan ahahaha:) red guard for me is the strongest open field guild they joined us they will stay with us for a long time but maybe some day leave us:)

they are a guild that looks for fights ALONE they don’t want a hugh blobb like iron and mn want they don’t want this 80+ zerg they want a pure guild vs guild fight this is solely on what I think about it and I think im pretty right:)

desolation vizunah I logged on as one of the main commanders in eternal and I saw you fighting it out in our keep. I gathered and owned you for hours before you lost I got over 20 gold today fighting you for 1-3 hours or so.

I must say thanks for all the farming you gave us you came time and time again never stopped and still got beaten it was guilds vs randoms!

amazing sfr amazing. still vizunah had easy the best formation playing we just had better ppls with gears:)

today I had easy the best fights since commanding in America servers easy the fights was amazing from all sides I was so pressured thought I was gonna lose but somehow holded it I love sfr I will stay as long as sfr community stands even if we lost a guild or two we still stand strong new guilds will come our lost guilds will come back soon hopefully and probably we will finish our mission and we will claim the top 1 for a long time even if we would lose it wouldn’t be losing it would be a tactical retreat for us we would regain our strength and will and go out there again come back and win take back our throne and be known as the best gw2 EU server.

(edited by Wemil.7052)

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

they are a guild that looks for fights ALONE they don’t want a hugh blobb like iron and mn want they don’t want this 80+ zerg they want a pure guild vs guild fight this is solely on what I think about it and I think im pretty right:)

There is no GvG mode in the game. WvW is about world versus world.

Even if you wanted a “pure” guild versus guild fight, if you wanted for it to be relevant to WvW, you’d have to organize a 2-round tower or keep assault, switching defenders and attackers role around. The whole point of WvW is to attack and defend strong points, not a 20 vs 20 deathmatch in the middle of nowhere.

IRON plays to have maximum impact on score. That’s the correct way of playing.

(edited by MagnusLL.8473)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Polifi.9651

Polifi.9651

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

that piken guild ( sorry forgot the name >.< ) and many more on Desolation

That’s us Afterlife [AFTL]

On another note GvG is a luxury enjoyed lower down tiers where there actually is breathing space to do so and not something guilds can always afford time to squeeze in here in Tier 1. With all this 3 way action every guild raid is needed on the field if there’s a guild dogging in a bush in some corner of a bl with an enemy guild it can very well have a negative impacts on the servers effort on that bl and the rest of the server will not be happy kittens having left them hanging out to dry.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

I’m surprised that you haven’t eagerly changed your forum signature to RG/SFR yet. It was inevitable that a fangirl like you were going to join them. Now you can finally be another elitest SFR troll instead of a classless Deso tourist complaining about the server – good riddance.

P.S How much tits4sacryx does it cost to get into RG?

Very sweet you took notice I left, didn’t think I would be missed that much!

in Match-ups

Posted by: CorliCorso.6254

CorliCorso.6254

First of all, that is not a correct quote. I also did not complain about the skill lag, I simply discribed the situation from my point of view. Once again, what I was complaining about was the way Deso and Vizunah behaved.
Another important note that you edited out in your quote, that greatly contributed to the experience being awful was “Deso guarding entrance to let VZ capture.”.

Viz have a T3 garrison – Deso are in the lord’s room, we’re doing everything we can to stop more French contesting the circle, stop warriors rezzing the lord etc. Meanwhile you & 50 other SFR are in the garrison as well.

What do you want to do? Do you want to go in there, fighting Deso & Viz, all the while more Viz come streaming through the doors? Or do you wait for us to finish capping it so you can take a T1 garrison a few minutes later?

No matter which way around you swap the server names, I’d expect the same thing to happen each time because that’s the most sensible way.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Skoti.3195

Skoti.3195

Very sweet you took notice I left, didn’t think I would be missed that much!

Oh we miss you alot. We even have a competition going on who’s gonna get the most Genevs death’s screenshots.

Be aware.. ppl are after you

[IRON]

(edited by Skoti.3195)