Vizunah/Desolation/Seafarer (2.03-???) T1 EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: GSTim.8094

GSTim.8094

Harsh but honest confession. Honesty is such a rarity nowadays.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

There will not be a day that an international server will stay strong. The EU with so many cultures and languages is a confusing place communities hang on thin ice where a simple misinterpretation can become an insult and it fractures.

The problem is there is no glue that binds international servers together our communities are forever a half baked concept with so many new faces switching for old etc there is simply no loyalty that can hold a community intact long enough to organise into a strong persistent force every time the bulk of the community has a make over by an influx or departure it’s back to square one in rebuilding for the issue to repeat itself a few months down the line.

National servers are naturally stronger as a community they can call upon their nationalism to glue them together to leave or fail could be seen to turn your back on your own country, never underestimate the strength of a server united under one flag.

If there was an official UK server you would bet your kitten the majority of the UK would take up root on it and establish a core community that would remain fixed in place because it gives you pride in representing not just your server but your country. But we don’t and just like other nationalities were fragmented and split to the four winds and mercenaries for whatever server takes our fancy.

Due to this lack of common ground both through language and culture for example UK players and other nationalities cannot do a Viva le France like Troma or a Winston Churchill “we shall fight them in the fields” because it simply doesn’t reach out to the hearts of the community as a whole. International servers lack pride sadly the truth is to many populating them the server means nothing it’s just a name and if you’re unhappy with your current match or server performance rather than take some time out it’s too easy to swap it for another name.

National servers like Viz don’t behave the same way as us much of their population stays intact and merely goes inactive only to be reactivated by a rousing speech etc from time to time when there community is at it’s lowest to raise morale their population doesn’t repeatedly hop around multiple servers with no fixed abode looking for the best fights, or a better gaming experience Vizunah may not have the best skilled players or may not play the way many expect them to but they know how to keep a community together to much our envy, they take the rough with the smooth and i give them respect for that.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Leorcyn.1063

Leorcyn.1063

We were trying to get GvGs going. Every day of the week. (= A)

Seems to me you were not trying hard enough, cause you didn’t GvG everyday of the week, as far as I know.
Maybe developping a tool would have been a good thing to help organize GvGs ?
Of course, it is less of an ego-boost to develop a tool than to boast on the forums “the mighty RG guild will allow you peasants to fight against the lord, under our conditions, when we see fit”.

@Axle : tbh, most of the “national server players” thought the european servers would be stronger, because they have a larger pool for recruitment, have access to more coverage, etc …
The leaderboards still show two EU servers and only 1 national server in T1, so it is not that unbalanced.
And I don’t think France, in particular, revolves around nationalism to get the server together. It is a very fine line to play on the nationalistic feeling of people here in France, and although I’m sure it would work perfectly in the UK, it’s not the way to do it here. From what I heard, nationalism isn’t Germany’s cup of tea either.

(edited by Leorcyn.1063)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Angelyne.2936

Angelyne.2936

woah … Wemil … it’s so unexpected after all the trolls and bad words from your server mates … but this kind of post is earn all my repect and i wish to thanks you. i hope ppl should be more like you. /bow

Angelyne – Guild Leader for Metatrone – Vizunah Square [Fr] on EU Ladder

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

We were trying to get GvGs going. Every day of the week. (= A)

Seems to me you were not trying hard enough, cause you didn’t GvG everyday of the week, as far as I know.
Maybe developping a tool would have been a good thing to help organize GvGs ?
Of course, it is less of an ego-boost to develop a tool than to boast on the forums “the mighty RG guild will allow you peasants to fight against the lord, under our conditions, when we see fit”.

@Axle : tbh, most of the “national server players” thought the european servers would be stronger, because they have a larger pool for recruitment, have access to more coverage, etc …
The leaderboards still show two EU servers and only 1 national server in T1, so it is not that unbalanced.
And I don’t think France, in particular, revolves around nationalism to get the server together. It is a very fine line to play on the nationalistic feeling of people here in France, and although I’m sure it would work perfectly in the UK, it’s not the way to do it here. From what I heard, nationalism isn’t Germany’s cup of tea either.

Cultural divide and language barriers are difficult factors to get around with EU servers many times misinterpretation leads to unintentional drama that drives a wedge in communities.

Our populations are hard to stabilize faces come and go so regularly it is very difficult to maintain any organisation in the long term many non English speaking players may find it very difficult to coordinate with an EU server that primarily uses English to communicate and are more inclined to move around than say in a national server.

It’s not about recruitment but retention that is playing a big part of building and maintaining communities it is all good in saying getting more players is fine but when that involves the whole process possibly breaking down any organisation formerly in place where guilds and players that had formed bonds together and honed coordination amongst themselves in a routine and rather than building momentum the server stalls or falls as a result of that routine breaking down with guilds & players departing and being replaced with new the process must begin again.

International servers have a much harder time of it than you may think we’re constantly building and rebuilding every few months were never quite sure if the same population fighting this week will be the same population next week everything is in constant flux so were forced to live for the moment and the individual fights rather than points and this may too only add to our problems as it creates an unwillingness to hang around when things don’t go well.

Maybe im right maybe im wrong i can’t truly claim to speak for everyone but personally i feel National servers are stronger as a community and much easier to organise just through personal experience. Despite this i do enjoy having been around people of mixed nationality as iv met many new friends even if at times were not on the same wave length or understand each other all the time.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Angelyne.2936

Angelyne.2936

Empyre .. what an hater. Sacrx must be proud of you. Do you call him “Master” ?

Angelyne – Guild Leader for Metatrone – Vizunah Square [Fr] on EU Ladder

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sjaakie.1470

Sjaakie.1470

Can someone from Vizunah please explain what is somuch fun about running with the whole server in one large group while there are not even 15 people of the opponent in the map? I can see the social aspect about doing things together but I would be pretty bored running around with 100+ and have nothing else to do than run after some blue icon and dps a gate and every now and than an opponent which is heavily outnumbered. Since you are doing it the whole week there must be something that really is exciting about it and I am curious to know what that is.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wispy.8679

Wispy.8679

This GvG issue is getting a little out of control so I’m going to try to objectively explain why members from some of the more prominent gvg guilds are annoyed by the idea.

We all know about how Visunah conventionally plays, using numbers or time zone to its advantage and these are legitimate tactics to win a WvW matchup and personally from a WvW point of view I have no problem with it. For enjoyment however, it is quite depressing to play against most of the time, especially seeing how there is no real benefit to winning a matchup but that might come from my love of open field fights. I’m not saying visunah is the only server that does this, its actually very common in the NA tiers and some EU servers.

The problem stems from the fact that in the recent weeks/months tier 1 EU has seen probably the strongest WvW guild prescence it has ever seen in a tier and possibly ever will. A few GvGs happened between Deso and SFR guilds and I think WL was the only visu guild to partake in a GvG. The free transfers started the downfall and the recent resurgence of visunah population (influenced heavily by Troma) helped push a few more guilds away, and that is an important point. People are viewing Visunah, as a server, as a direct cause of people leaving this tier. And now we reach the present where Troma is proposing a more structured environment for organising GvGs after he and/or his server have both indirectly and directly caused the majority of guilds who are willing to GvG to leave.

Firstly, Troma should never have posted the idea in this thread cause it can be seen as quite insulting. If it is meant as a system for all guilds across all servers to organise GvGs then make a new thread for it. It probably still would have received angry replies but probably less.

Secondly, and possibly more importantly, publically announced GvGs are a bad idea and Empyre already covered most of the reasons why. Causes more lag, higher chances of pug interventions etc. Maybe a system where guild leaders announce they are willing to GvG or a system allowing guild leaders to get in contact with one another about a GvG could be useful but that’s about it. I would love to see leaderboards and a proper infrastructure for GvGs in place, from Anet or Troma or whoever was able to implement it, but in the current WvW environment without private arenas for them to take place I don’t think it is possible.

TLDR – Guilds left, one of the causes for them leaving tries to introduce more GvGs, people mad.

[VoTF] – votf-online.net/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Qwixx.5923

Qwixx.5923

We all know about how Visunah conventionally plays, using numbers or time zone to its advantage

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Troma.3250

Troma.3250

Making me responsible of the leave of your guilds is totally crazy. Wemil explained things very well, and putting all the fault on free transfer and me is just too easy. I talked about GvG here because i thought we are all adults and can separate subjects.

co-founder of Grand Cross Alliance
General of Grand Cross Knights [GCK]
www.grandcross.fr/codex-gck

in Match-ups

Wispy.8679

We all know about how Visunah conventionally plays, using numbers or time zone to its advantage

Kindly read the whole sentence next time, I said there was nothing wrong with that and as Visunah is a majority of pug server who are just playing according to whatever the timezone they live in, it is hardly their fault.

Making me responsible of the leave of your guilds is totally crazy. Wemil explained things very well, and putting all the fault on free transfer and me is just too easy. I talked about GvG here because i thought we are all adults and can separate subjects.

Wemil basically said SFR guilds refused to cooperate with pugs and then went on to compliment visunah a few times. Not sure how any of that has anything to do with what I said. It sounds better for you, and he is mostly correct with what he said and I wish him luck with rebuilding the SFR community but here you are getting insulted about something I said and then you tell everyone else to not be insulted by something you are saying? I am confused.

(edited by Wispy.8679)

in Match-ups

Troma.3250

You know its directly linked. A part of SFR guilds leaved because they were a guild based serv and the free transfert was a problem in their orga yep. We admit it. But the second reason is not me and my work on VS, the second reason only belong to their choices, your choices, your own acts, the way you treated new players and your decisions to stop instead of keeping fighting even if things are difficult. Thats the difference between some of you and us.

in Match-ups

Qwixx.5923

Kindly read the whole sentence next time, I said there was nothing wrong with that and as Visunah is a majority of pug server who are just playing according to whatever the timezone they live in, it is hardly their fault.

zZZ… national server can have timezone advantage ? You believe it seriously ?
Do we have RU & NA players like you ?

in Match-ups

Wispy.8679

You know its directly linked. A part of SFR guilds leaved because they were a guild based serv and the free transfert was a problem in their orga yep. We admit it. But the second reason is not me and my work on VS, the second reason only belong to their choices, your choices, your own acts, the way you treated new players and your decisions to stop instead of keeping fighting even if things are difficult. Thats the difference between some of you and us.

Firstly I’m not on SFR so I’m not even going to touch on what they did and their reasons for it (which is why I said it was irrelevant). I was merely pointing out why people were angry with you, or more specifically, a person from Vizunah (not you specifically) suggesting a Guild vs Guild system. Just because you don’t see it that way, or that you feel people shouldn’t feel that way doesn’t matter, it will still happen.

You would have avoided all of this if you simply posted this in a separate thread rather than this one where the majority of guilds have already left as, myself and others have already explained,

What you do now is
“ok we roflstomp them with our coverage, let’s support gvg”
That is disrespecting your enemy (“they can’t beat us even when we waste spots in zone gvg-ing”), disrespecting your people that still want to wvw and not true to your ideals.

I’m not the one blaming you for any of this, and I would love to see a more organised GvG environment but i don’t think it is possible anyway as I said in the latter half of my first post which I’m not sure if you read. But if you really wanted to have kept this idea separate from all the guild drama then you would have made a separate thread in the first place. I still believe you should make a new thread about it, would like to see input from guilds from all servers and regions, you never know, someone might suggest a viable idea and it could improve GvG for everyone in the future.

(edited by Wispy.8679)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Screenager.7804

Screenager.7804

Wow… lot of bad blood going on here. Still ty to everyone that ran in viz BL last night despite being maaaaaaaaaaaahooosively outmanned all night we flipped somewhere approaching half of the map at points. It’s great to see people who are willing to stand and fight and understand that persistence pays off

good times… and yes lots of loot

Screenager
Executed [ExE] – Piken Square
characterselect.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: jimothyjim.6249

jimothyjim.6249

Reasonably entertaining night on the Deso borderlands. We had quite a lot of our map for a while. Most notably, I had some fun defenses against Viz at Dreaming Bay, some good close calls. Shame we botched a defense not too long later.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cottage Pie.6215

Cottage Pie.6215

20+ golems this morning.

yeah.

Taua Roqa – Desolation since day minus 3

~~~My Elite PvP Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xOsNW7zTA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nachtz.4930

Nachtz.4930

Can someone from Vizunah please explain what is somuch fun about running with the whole server in one large group while there are not even 15 people of the opponent in the map? I can see the social aspect about doing things together but I would be pretty bored running around with 100+ and have nothing else to do than run after some blue icon and dps a gate and every now and than an opponent which is heavily outnumbered. Since you are doing it the whole week there must be something that really is exciting about it and I am curious to know what that is.

Holidays.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Witzard.6829

Witzard.6829

Wemil, thanks a lot for your post.

If there was an official UK server you would bet your kitten the majority of the UK would take up root on it and establish a core community that would remain fixed in place because it gives you pride in representing not just your server but your country. But we don’t and just like other nationalities were fragmented and split to the four winds and mercenaries for whatever server takes our fancy.

I might be naive, but why not ask Anet to get one ? (poll on this forum maybe, or on reddit/…) ? If enough people show they’re concerned, they might do something about it ?

Ghosts of Liberty [GHO]
Vizunah Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Morthan.5439

Morthan.5439

Really Troma? A GvG tool? In the current situation? Where was that idea when there were actually guilds on SFR who could do a GvG? I don’t know about Deso, but there are about 2-3 guilds left on SFR that could still do that. And honestly, with all my respect to you, I think this is kinda mocking to all those who chose to stay and help rebuild the server. We ain’t got time for GvG. Most of us are too bussy fixing the harm of the kitten storm ANet rained upon us. Sure you can set up a match with ZDs or Option, perhaps VG and CoN will be up for it too at some point in the near future no problem. But a tool?? Ah this is way too out of the line here. I mean come on you gotta see the nasty irony yourself…
If you wanna make a tool I suggest you do it for like all the servers, and make a separate tread in the forum about it. But not here please.

Norn Guardian
Circle of Nine [CoN] / http://c9-gaming.eu
Augury Rock[FR]

(edited by Morthan.5439)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

Wemil, thanks a lot for your post.

I might be naive, but why not ask Anet to get one ? (poll on this forum maybe, or on reddit/…) ? If enough people show they’re concerned, they might do something about it ?

That would totally suck. So what about all the english people who are in international guilds? The internet should know no countries or nationalities. I understand why they did it for Fr, Es and De (because of the language barriers) but I think it would be better had they not done it. There are hardly any French in the international guild I am part of and that is a sad thing, same goes for Germans and Spanish.

If they would make a UK server like that it might mean that we’d get less UK people in my guild. That way the international guilds would just be guilds of rejected nationalities.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

zZZ… national server can have timezone advantage ? You believe it seriously ?
Do we have RU & NA players like you ?

You don’t have a timezone advantage but a large group of your players get up at 6 am everyday to pvd for 8-10 hours. As has been said previously this is not against the rules, the issue is that Viz wins the match ups by this strategy.

We can put huge amount of effort into wvw all week, just for you guys to pvd twice a week and negate all effort we have put in. These players were not to be seen when thay had opposition from Sfr, it seems they prefer to play when there is no opposition.

It’s not Viz’s fault, until Anet cut the points scoring in unsociable hours, this strategy is far too effective. Some nights last week we were doing pvd in prime time, because there is actually no need for Viz to fight or defend their towers/keeps even in prime time. (We found it so boring we stopped at 10.30 twice in the week, when we normally continue till 12).

This is the sad state of the game at the moment, the game is won/lost in unsociable hours.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

If you think like this, how can you open your mind? see me like someone who want to make things move and get better, not just “A Vizunian”

Keep working, but now isn’t the moment for SFR to organize any kind of GvG (just my opinion, that is something to decide in our meetings, if anyone wants to put that in the agenda). Last night around 11, our zerg attacked your SM. You guys murdered all 7 of us in lord room (kittenhe outmanned buff). It was a funny moment:)

Later, still outmanned we had a lot more, we even attacked Ogres, no success but was a good training.

We don’t live dark moments in SFR, I have great hope that we can rise again, no worries, it will take some time, but we are walking in the right direction.

To all ,many thanks for your support, and kind words. It’s not the time for me to commanding, I can’t compare yet with our best, I prefer you learn with them, but I can help in other ways, including support some of the less experienced commanders. WWW isn’t rocket sience:)

I hope I guys don’t get bored; we will try to catch up as soon as possible. We all are trying hard, still lots of work to do. For us this week 0, we took some measures to improve our performance; let’s hope to see some results next week. I hope we still in T1.

To all OUR guilds, commanders and players, ON EXILE, it’s time to start to come back. We need you guys here asap.

in Match-ups

Troma.3250

Mothan, i already answered to this before ! =) i think you should try to read all the discuss with Empyre and other, you have key elements on it.We couldnt do it before because all 3 servers were totally focused on WvW, and all energy was focused on it.

Yes, the tool would be for all servers of course ! and i wanted to talk about it here before making a new post. Anyway we should close the discuss for the moment yes. Let SFR rebuild in calm, and i’m sure it will come back even stronger soon. And we need it too : it’s Yin/Yang. Without enemy, there is no need to play. People like Drq, Wemil and many others are the future core of the SFR community. A true community.

(edited by Troma.3250)

in Match-ups

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

@Mortix: yep man, but at this time my priority was making VS survive and tank this difficult situation.[/quote]

I had missed this post. Troma watt are you thinking SFR is doing? Nothing? We are trying to reverse the situation. We don’t know if we succeed.

Let me tell you watt is SFR spirit. We want to win every week!!! But we will be happy if we don’t win and do the best we can !!!

in Match-ups

Troma.3250

Graa, how do you read my post?

“People like Drq, Wemil and many others are the future core of the SFR community. A true community.”

I understood very early all your work, i saw Wemil post about meeting, i saw your community meetings on pevepe.net (http://www.pevepe.net/gw2forum/post/last/m/6083582/viewthread/6713893-community-meeting-19th-april#last for exemple)

For me, SFR is changing in a good way. You are all working to build a core of hardcore SFR “lovers”, people who want to put a soul on it and educate, teach all beginners. And mark my words, when we will loose versus this, i will be happy for you and put a kittening Vercingetorix picture on his knees on this forum.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kingface.9781

Kingface.9781

@Mortix: yep man, but at this time my priority was making VS survive and tank this difficult situation.

I had missed this post. Troma watt are you thinking SFR is doing? Nothing? We are trying to reverse the situation. We don’t know if we succeed.

Let me tell you watt is SFR spirit. We want to win every week!!! But we will be happy if we don’t win and do the best we can !!!

And so, you are on the good way.

in Match-ups

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Willing to create organized and arranged GvG within WvW is like willing to go skiing with golf shoes, it’ll be painful, you’ll look silly and you’ll get thrown out.

Ah ah ah… good one:)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Witzard.6829

Witzard.6829

Really Troma? A GvG tool? In the current situation? Where was that idea when there were actually guilds on SFR who could do a GvG? I don’t know about Deso, but there are about 2-3 guilds left on SFR that could still do that. And honestly, with all my respect to you, I think this is kinda mocking to all those who chose to stay and help rebuild the server. We ain’t got time for GvG. Most of us are too bussy fixing the harm of the kitten storm ANet rained upon us. Sure you can set up a match with ZDs or Option, perhaps VG and CoN will be up for it too at some point in the near future no problem. But a tool?? Ah this is way too out of the line here. I mean come on you gotta see the nasty irony yourself…
If you wanna make a tool I suggest you do it for like all the servers, and make a separate tread in the forum about it. But not here please.

1) Why didn’t you develop such a tool when the time was right ?

2) Noone forces you to use it.

Ghosts of Liberty [GHO]
Vizunah Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Mothan, i already answered to this before ! =) i think you should try to read all the discuss with Empyre and other, you have key elements on it.We couldnt do it before because all 3 servers were totally focused on WvW, and all energy was focused on it.

Yes, the tool would be for all servers of course ! and i wanted to talk about it here before making a new post. Anyway we should close the discuss for the moment yes. Let SFR rebuild in calm, and i’m sure it will come back even stronger soon. And we need it too : it’s Yin/Yang. Without enemy, there is no need to play. People like Drq, Wemil and many others are the future core of the SFR community. A true community.

I like you Troma, I do, but you kittened up with this one.
As people have already said, there were many guilds looking for GvG before, and T1 had this insane concentration of amazing guilds wanting to do that (Well, Vizu just had WL afaik…). The average person, and some guilds, sure, they were “focused” on WvW, but many of the guilds would’ve killed for some GvG.

This tool happily being announced by Vizunah in this matchup thread after these weeks… I find it quite funny, but I see how others find it insulting.

in Match-ups

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Troma ask from people from your server to take 5 or 6 screenshots, at different hour of day in different maps. Now analyze the pictures. Can you see any pattern? No? Look closely to guild tags…
Yes, you found it, so many different ones.
Let’s do some GvPUG!!! Yey !!!

It’s weird, this is not about it that you have taunted/bashed Vizunah for months because we didn’t want PugVSGuild ?
And now that you are in our situation you make it an excuse ?

OMG!!! Aren’t you bored with the game, because at the moment we don’t have guild and numbers to oppose you? That my excuse.
Many times I have commented here that I was not happy with the easy winnings we get in some weeks.
Is that so hard to understand, for someone that a few weeks ago, was clamming that they need to reorganize?
This is my last post about GvG. Any more comments regarding GvG will be considered trolling…big ignore on them.

in Match-ups

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Hello everyone. I have been suggested to speak on the forums even tho I have stayed away from it for as long as I have been playing, and it is with good reason that I speak up now.

The backbone of SFR is having a test at the moment, and it is not an easy one. There have been lots of turmoil and anger from what I have heard and I now think it is time to announce something.
I am coming back to where I belong, I am coming back to SFR, to join the PuGs that I enjoyed playing alongside with since pre launch. I am coming back in 9 days after a well deserved break from some stressful episodes.
This is my first and possibly last post on the forums.

- Hjerim [WT]

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss.
Wouter give me the great news yesterday. Wellcome back where you belong.

in Match-ups

Posted by: misha.3216

misha.3216

recently saw some vizunah players spawning/despawning outdoors. Not sure if its a bug or exploit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_2BIGiXWkw&feature=youtu.be

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ox Lee.7319

Ox Lee.7319

Ok, I think there is some misunderstanding about Troma’proposition. I’ll try to explain what I understood from what he said (don’t hesitate to correct me if i’m wrong).

As it was said on another forum, this project could be compared to the existing website gw2lfg.com, which is an inter-server platform to regroup all groups research for PvE content. This project is not about about this matchup specifically (Deso/SFR/Viz), but all the match-up (maybe even the NA Ladder). Its purpose would be to allow Guild from any server to be able to fight any guild on an opponent server more easily by providing tools to facilitate such process. Also, another purpose would be to show ArenaNet team that GvG is something really needed for many guilds.

Maybe it was not the best move to put this proposition on this topic, but on a seperate one where critics would be more constructiven than here, where the majority of people would just troll/flame such a project for the sole reason that Troma is the person who is proposing this.

If you can’t refrain yourself to troll/flame, then try to imagine that it’s not Troma speaking, but an anonymous person volunteering to help the community.

Anyway, he’s asking for feedback on this project. Do you like it or not ? why ? and if you agree, how do you imagine the project ? what features would you like in it ? etc …

in Match-ups

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

People told him to put it somewhere else, I’m sure that if he did, he would get the feedback he asked for

Regardless of the point (which I understood jsut fine since Vizus kept repeating it over and over), the source of the project is still “slightly” ridiculous for anyone who is actually familiar with the server and the matchup.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

Wrong point of view.
Imagine Viz got 20 guilds, 20-30 each, not willing to coorperate with eachother or play for points. They fill your borderlands every day that the pugs willing to coorperate with a commander can’t get in in relevant numbers.
THAT situation would be equivalent to what happend to SFR with free transfer pugs.
SFR: Guild based server got kittentons of pugs
Viz: Pug based server gets kittentons of guilds
You are comparing Viz getting more pugs vs more pugs to SFR, which isn’t the same contraproductive aspect to the way a server was build.

Exactly Genev,

coming up with that idea and the poll among Viz is just ridicolous after everyone interested in GvG in T1 left.
Viz focused on WvW and still lost by a large amount. Coverage >>> every effort a server can put into a matchup. Rereading what Troma wrote makes it even more of a troll attempt.

It’s not all day, it’s rare, it wont have any impact on score.

Another sour aspect, timing, Viz is winning by a large margin. Prolly bored all day as there’s no opposition, “Hey lets have some gvg to keep our focus high”.
SFR is in a desolate state and now you want to give them a tool to gvg whereas you didn’t want to gvg when Viz was in bad shape.

Since feedback was asked. Add an option to make a gvg private. Both GMs/officers have to mark a field, if both sides mark it, it’s hidden.

[RG]

(edited by Empyre.2531)

in Match-ups

Caliban.3176

Ok, we’ve been doing some circles for a while now.

The timing for this initiative is unfortunate and so is the placement. And it has been mentioned before that it is quite ironic to see this come for Vizunah. Those are the not so great things about it.

But there are positive sides, it is a good idea and the game desperately needs it. Big ups to Troma for starting this.

Now I think we can all agree on that. Now move on to either discuss the matchup or the idea itself.

Empyre made a good point. I, however, would make public the marked state. So unless both parties agree to make it public all GvG’s are private.

P.S. Stop attacking people personally (especially Troma) it’s not like anyone here has ever done any really harm to anybody else here. So what we kill eachother on a daily basis, that’s no reason to be mean. And if you do get attacked personally, don’t act like a martyr, it is unbecoming.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Under Web.2497

Under Web.2497

I’ve been away from wvw (and forum) for a few days, What a Surprise to start reading the latest threads. (started by the vz chieftain (/bows with respect)).
VZ,SFR, and Deso are in the TOP tier for europe but if you read this topic from the start you wouldn’t think that, with all the bashing and troll dung throwing. This is meant to be a game played for fun. The trouble is that some people do not find the current system fun, so i think we should work together as a GW2 community to try to make a ‘silk purse out of a sows ear’.
GW2 LFG was created because the LFG tool within the game is . . . . (I can’t think of a word that will not get me an infraction!!). They have not made the lfg tool within the game better (is this because GW2LFG exists??). So my concern is that if a GvG website is formed, Anet will give GvG the same attention as LFG.
. . . . . . .BUT if we look at what Anet are working on, and what they will spend time and resources on we find SPECTATOR SPORT is high on their list.
. .. . So all we have to do is make GvG a spectator sport and perhaps (just maybe) Anet will spend the resources to make it possible.

SO, my (hazy)thoughts on this:
OVERVIEW: GUILDS Would fight each other on a Borderlands map
TEAMS: TWO opposing teams(Guilds/alliances) and ONE spectator team.
DETAILS:
. . . The borderlands map is cloned and multiple copies generated on a server.
A guild can ‘rent’ (gems/influence) an allotted amount of time on one map.
This is where i believe there needs to be lots of variables- to make it more interesting:
The guild that rented the map can have the opposing team as invite only or open.
They can also set the parameters: Victory conditions (points or kills etc), removal of all guards, allowance (and effectiveness) of siege, quaggon events dis/abled, removal of trash monsters (and whatever else, anyone can think of).
The SPECTATORS: Obviously they would have all skills/traits disabled. They would have to be immune to damage. They would also need a perm speed increase. It would help if they had an easily identifiable graphic model to show they are a spectator and not ‘enemy’. They would also have to be able to enter keeps/towers (to watch any battles within)
The two opposing teams would spawn at the bottom of the map with the citadel and home keep (garrison)being the spawn (keep wp) for the spectators. Neither team can damage this spectator keep.
Guild leaders (or those with permissions) can set what priority is given to guild members for entry to map. (ie based on rank so leaders/officers are given priority)
Mapchat is viewable by everyone (teams can communicate via guildchat or comms), this allows for better communication between opposing teams so battles/skirmishes/set pieces can be initiated.
Or is it a Silly idea- and no one would play or watch?

(edited by Under Web.2497)

in Match-ups

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Dear Troma stop to worry about SFR problems, we are trying to solve our problems. You did carry the burden of getting up VS for so many weeks, rest now (I’m not convinced yet it is VS that is up, for me it’s us that fell down).

Stop using (not only you) the words of my friend Wemil.

RG for me will be welcomed, we still have a place for them, I think they know everyone is important in our community (I know, good news for VS and their new project).

I stayed in the server, but I respect all that had left. Yes my position of “Stand up and fight” put me in trouble, but that was something I had to do, no matter the consequences. I will never expose them here.

I got to bed before midnight yesterday, stayed only 1 hour in WWW, our score was very low, but I was a very happy man, we are walking in the right direction.

If VS is bored they can try to go to T2, we will help you, and it’s going to be total war in T2 with all trying to go up.

(edited by Mighty Ice Arrow.9268)

in Match-ups

Qwixx.5923

You don’t have a timezone advantage but a large group of your players get up at 6 am everyday to pvd for 8-10 hours. As has been said previously this is not against the rules, the issue is that Viz wins the match ups by this strategy.

You have not yet understood that:
1/ We are in holidays period.
2/ Both servers have abandoned, we have no resistance from them.

in Match-ups

Posted by: scanz.4536

scanz.4536

Yeah you won’t get much resistance from us at 4am through to the afternoon I’m afraid, such is life and all that

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ilirya Shan.5489

Ilirya Shan.5489

Should we stop playing the game as it is intended by ANet (24/7 wvw) for your pretty eyes? Viz as always, much or less, played by night and SFR and Deso was not crying so much when they were winning. Blame ANet, blame the game or blame your bunch of coward players but do not blame Viz. De solved Times ago the problems you are encountering.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darkened.4076

Darkened.4076

Pretty sure VS run the PvD tactic outside of holidays too, the karma troll.. I mean train is strong in you.

All jokes aside, I am really looking forward to the day that VS move away from this tactic and actually come for fights. Currently, the only guild I have encountered on VS that will fight (even when outnumbered) is WL. I have so much respect for that guild, because they are going against the norm of their server and setting the standard. The server should follow their example. It feels so rewarding to win these types of fights.

Should we stop playing the game as it is intended by ANet (24/7 wvw) for your pretty eyes? Viz as always, much or less, played by night and SFR and Deso was not crying so much when they were winning. Blame ANet, blame the game or blame your bunch of coward players but do not blame Viz. De solved Times ago the problems you are encountering.

Did a VS player just call someone outside of their server a coward O.O

Attachments:

Béatrix Windrunner | Squad Leader
Desolation BlackGate Gandara | Veteran Commander
Inner Sanctum [Coin]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Okamy.8235

Okamy.8235

And for this week’s episode of “1 Vizunah = 10 SFR”… again me and my best buddy, Myself! Here we see the end of the fight.

Screen war is so boring, childish and stupid.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Okamy.8235

Because i read this thread since it started and the amount of kitten from sfr, deso and vz is completely insane. It’s pathetic.

A screen doesn’t show how it is on the battlefield, it will never do. In a week of fight, you’ll always get some screen whose show what you want, because every server have every kind of player.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolbryne.4037

Wolbryne.4037

No1 wants to play in T1 with VS anymore. Lots of ppl stopped playing, took a break and looks like SFR and Deso will stay in T1 for ever..

sigh
/slit wrist

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON
“All war is deception.” – General Sun Tzu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

For people wondering, no, Okamy is not talking with himself but with me. I deleted the posts to avoid the usual accusations of ego-stroking and whatnot.

Since he’s dead set on “every server has every kind of player” while I firmly believe that VZ motto is “quantity over quality”, there’s no discussion to be had. Suffice to say, I got those screens and the previous ones in the…3-4 hours I played, so it’s not really a rare occasion. I also know that I have no similar screens against Deso because as soon as their 5-man IRON group crosses my path I am effing dead. But this debate is silly, so I’ll leave it at that.

Granted fighting prowess is only a very tiny bit of what WvW requires and I mean no disrespect to Vizunah players but still… you get my point.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

in Match-ups

Okamy.8235

Since he’s dead set on “every server has every kind of player” while I firmly believe that VZ motto is “quantity over quality”

Obviously Vz is more about quantity than quality atm, it’s not my point.

Sfr has gread guild, but also bad zerg which can be wiped easily. Sfr has skilled player, thy also have bad player.
Guess what ? It’s the same for Vz and deso.

The sad state of the t1 eu wvw doesn’t change this, you’ll find every kind of player in every server, tht’s why screen doesn’t prove anything, they’ll never show anything more than a small part of the battlefield.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zamerine.2635

Zamerine.2635

I know I shouldn’t post in this troll infested topic but … what are you talking about Vizunah killing the tier 1 ? I mean, do you think Vizunah radically changed his play style / number of people on the maps since SFR has come to T1 for the second time with its big number of WvW guilds ?

No, we are nearly the same as before, the ones who changed are SFR ( not saying it’s your fault, merely Anet fault with its stupid migration decision ). And THAT broke the balance of our match up, Desolation was able to kinda compete with VS for the second place because SFR new their only true ennemy was VS. Now that SFR is at the same level as Desolation there is no balance anymore :s

Charr Elementalist D/D
[WL] War LegenD
Vizunah Square [FR]

in Match-ups

Caliban.3176

I know I shouldn’t post in this troll infested topic but … what are you talking about Vizunah killing the tier 1 ? I mean, do you think Vizunah radically changed his play style / number of people on the maps since SFR has come to T1 for the second time with its big number of WvW guilds ?

No, we are nearly the same as before, the ones who changed are SFR ( not saying it’s your fault, merely Anet fault with its stupid migration decision ). And THAT broke the balance of our match up, Desolation was able to kinda compete with VS for the second place because SFR new their only true ennemy was VS. Now that SFR is at the same level as Desolation there is no balance anymore :s

You’re forgetting that the matchup was never balanced. The only reason that it worked temporarily is because SFR changed how they do things to get Vizu to drop. That failed (in part because of the free transfers). T1 has been broken since january, it just took this long for people finally giving up on trying to fix it.

Vizu plays the game within the parameters that Anet set it just so happens that they do so completely different from other servers and that kitten don’t mix. So because everyone is free to play whatever he likes 1 server made the game way less enjoyable for about 2-5 other servers.

This is not meant to be disrespectful to Vizu, just to explain how the situation is kittened right now.