Week 3 Underworld / Desolation / Aurora Glade

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gomly.6128

Gomly.6128

I thought i’d bring a plate of cheese to go with all this whine.

So, we’re losing to Desolation, a lot of us saw it coming. Regardless of the reason and setting excuses aside i’d like to thank them for the fights we have had so far. Had some pretty interesting scuffles and the amount of loot bags they have left me the past few days is incredibly generous.

Joking aside, yes Desolation have more coverage than us, so do other servers (Gandara and Abaddons come to mind, they seem to have good numbers round the clock).

No reason to complain about it. The coverage subject has been around since we first set our little cotton socks in WvW and it’s hardly the fault of Desolation that we haven’t recruited any guilds that could help us with our coverage issue.

in Match-ups

Posted by: iorlas.6721

iorlas.6721

“The only hours that should matter are the hours I play!”

I think this is what I distilled this thread down to.

Pretty much sums up this thread, AG is a joke anyways, and the only reason they are doing good in prime time is because we can’t get in our wvw guilds since the borderlands are always full. If it wasn’t for that we would be dominating in prime as well. If all the previous silver league servers we played managed to get similar coverage against us during morning/night then i don’t see the issue.

I thought all your WvW guilds left?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

To everybody stop feeding the trolls BOTH SIDE; so Deso stop feeding the Ag trolls and Ag stop feeding the Deso trolls, you can easyly spot them, just stop posintg, nobody cares, you will get nothing from this thread, if you keep attacking each other, people are simple no listening, to your logic(both side Deso and Ag).

See you tonight Deso, happy fighting.

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gomly.6128

Gomly.6128

This is the internet ….. logic has no place here.

I refute all logic with made up statistics and self bias.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nev.5316

Nev.5316

I thought i’d bring a plate of cheese to go with all this whine.

So, we’re losing to Desolation, a lot of us saw it coming. Regardless of the reason and setting excuses aside i’d like to thank them for the fights we have had so far. Had some pretty interesting scuffles and the amount of loot bags they have left me the past few days is incredibly generous.

Joking aside, yes Desolation have more coverage than us, so do other servers (Gandara and Abaddons come to mind, they seem to have good numbers round the clock).

No reason to complain about it. The coverage subject has been around since we first set our little cotton socks in WvW and it’s hardly the fault of Desolation that we haven’t recruited any guilds that could help us with our coverage issue.

Thanks for posting you know what’s up.

I thought all your WvW guilds left?

Nobody claimed all the wvw guilds left , but yes a lot of them left.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Thanks PT and Deso pugs for the fight in AG borderland, was nice to pug command again after a few weeks break.
Now it’s raid time, so hope to still see you! You guys suddenly dissapeared after we wiped you in the lord room of garrison :/
Which was a really fun fight, which you would have won, if you hadn’t suddenly decided to run after me for 2 min so over half of your group got taken out by our gladians :P That was the defeat, but a really nice fight!

Hope to fight you guys on the map tonight!

I was leading on my level 24 Necro and most of PT was on upleveled from karma training on UW BL, when we switched to AG BL we only got 30 in, rest running on me untagged were not on TS or listening :p nether the less it was a fun fight and as I only command 1530-1730 weekdays and the fight finished at 1723 I called it and went off to munch on my Indian :p

I will get an organised force online during prime time before the end of the week and will make you guys eat every bit of bragging that has be thrown forward. Da Pain Train is coming, the question is, are you ready?

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in Match-ups

Ins.7139

Last time we organised ourselves during the league we built 3 wp’s in AM BL and held them for Twelve hours whilst open farming them before they even reached an objective. I swear by the end of the week I’m going to make all you forum warriors openly eat your words. That is all

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh

in Match-ups

Posted by: ethier.3417

ethier.3417

Last time we organised ourselves during the league we built 3 wp’s in AM BL and held them for Twelve hours whilst open farming them before they even reached an objective. I swear by the end of the week I’m going to make all you forum warriors openly eat your words. That is all

This Video was sponsored by the Velocity Corporation.

Ethier 80 Necro Callous Philosophy [LaG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nev.5316

Nev.5316

VCY cry more as a guild, I’ve never seen such levels of emotions and ignorance in a video game. AM, Gandara have pretty much the same coverage as us , but you guys held your own against them, like they did with us, but in our current matchup your server can’t seem to be able to hold your own at all times which is not our fault (that we are better during those times) , and ppt is the time we are less organized because that’s the time most pugs come wvw so there is no way we can get a whole organised guild in there at that time. Be proud of farming pugs your guild is so pro man, you must be the best because you can kill pugs so easily with a organized group i have never heard of such a thing being possible at all.

Regarding your reply to ins, he clearly stated that he couldn’t get his whole guild in due the issue we face with pugs, and they pretty much nearly wiped you guys in your own keep with less numbers so i wouldn’t brag much about it lol.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nekkma.8961

Nekkma.8961

Extremly boring match this week. UW not present and hardly any small roaming groups from AG. Season 1 cant end soon enough.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ethier.3417

ethier.3417

Oh Desolation, You haven’t changed. Please…. Never change.

Ethier 80 Necro Callous Philosophy [LaG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

VCY cry more as a guild, I’ve never seen such levels of emotions and ignorance in a video game. AM, Gandara have pretty much the same coverage as us , but you guys held your own against them, like they did with us, but in our current matchup your server can’t seem to be able to hold your own at all times which is not our fault (that we are better during those times) , and ppt is the time we are less organized because that’s the time most pugs come wvw so there is no way we can get a whole organised guild in there at that time. Be proud of farming pugs your guild is so pro man, you must be the best because you can kill pugs so easily with a organized group i have never heard of such a thing being possible at all.

Regarding your reply to ins, he clearly stated that he couldn’t get his whole guild in due the issue we face with pugs, and they pretty much nearly wiped you guys in your own keep with less numbers so i wouldn’t brag much about it lol.

Good day Nev,

Reading your reply, I am guessing you are making some remarks on my earlier post. As we are a pretty big corporation, bad interpretation of our posts can have a bad effect on our reputation. We like to stay in a positive light of all, so let me elaborate a bit.

I have to admit I quoted Ins post, so it could be seen as a direct attack to him. Which it is absolutely not, let be clear about that. I just quoted his post because it had the word ‘organized’ in it, I could just aswel take any other post with the incorrect use of that word in it, including yours.

My post was directed to the general of Desolation and not a guild in perticular. To make an extremely short and because of that not 100% accurate summary of my post, you could say I am insinuating that there are no organized guilds on Desolation. But as I just stated, this ain’t a 100% accurate representation of my post, so it shouldn’t be taken seriously. I just hope by saying this I make my earlier post a bit more clear to you.

Again, Velocity does not insult or attack any guild/person on Desolation specifically. I am terribly sorry that you took my words like that. Next time I’ll elaborate myself more so they are more clear and can’t be taken wrongly.

Sir Cuddles The Fluffy.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

AG are a poor server this over on Sunday, thats how bad it was, winning prime time against pugs isnt great. But you lot post pictures and fights from youtube

Apparently capping everything when there’s little to no resistance is the way to go …

~~Ayeres~~

in Match-ups

Ins.7139

AG are a poor server this over on Sunday, thats how bad it was, winning prime time against pugs isnt great. But you lot post pictures and fights from youtube

Apparently capping everything when there’s little to no resistance is the way to go …

And bragging that you kill aload of PvE’rs in berserker gear with organised groups is any different just because it’s prime time? Lol we do that 18 hours a day.

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

This reminds me the old Deso – Viz – Sfr threads, just that now the roles have changed.

Being on AG feels like being on the old good Deso, which used to be proud of winning in the evenings and claiming that noone cares about offtimes, now its the other way around
There are still 3-4 guilds running who can give some resistance, the newcomers could learn a bit from them and maybe form up some new guilds for the future, you will need them for sure cause after leagues, if offtime coverage keeps up, it leads to 1 thing – going up in the ranking and facing servers with more ppl. Who knows, maybe the 1st randomized matchup after league will be Viz/Deso/Sfr :P

And for now just enjoy the fights versus whatever you like, ppl or doors ^^

in Match-ups

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

@Atoss, I agree. look at all the new brave new deso players claiming we’re so awesome cause we win in silver league while during primetime we lose. It used to be the other way around and i’m not happy with the way things are going during primetime. Being honest here though, we have queues everywhere in primetime and AG has twice the numbers of organised guilds that deso has, and imo slightly abuses that number to fight 2v1 guildfights. It’s no miracle we lose, GG to AG.

I would love to see all of you AG forum warriors on thursday evening when PT will be doing a guildraid.

Now it’s raid time, so hope to still see you! You guys suddenly dissapeared after we wiped you in the lord room of garrison :/

The reason we left is cause do our daily raid from 3.30 – 5.30. You can make all the claims you want about why we wiped, the one and only honest and true reason is simply because your people kept waypointing and running back in and closed the gate, eventually getting us down 1 by 1.

See you guys thursday.

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: NYRKKIPAULA.8051

NYRKKIPAULA.8051

This reminds me the old Deso – Viz – Sfr threads, just that now the roles have changed.

Thought just the same.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Self Ignition.1640

Self Ignition.1640

[…]
I would love to see all of you AG forum warriors on thursday evening when PT will be doing a guildraid

FIRE does not raid on thursday, sadly :C Do you know what BL will you be going to? Would be fun to have some good fights at the end of the matchup or at least observe one. Cheers!

[sW] Self – SFR EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

ill pm you that in game to avoid a ton of deso players joining too and avoiding decades of queue

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rapsod.4629

Rapsod.4629

Hey guys I would just like to say thanks AG for the fights this evening in deso garri we tryed to hold it as much as we could but VII did a great job on the 3th time at water gate and seeing that our ppl just roam around doing nothing we tryed to hold as much as we could without commander on TS … great fights hope to see more organised fights on thursday =P much love and respect <33

-Desolation -[PT]Mesmer/Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

Shout out to TLA and the many many pugs that never stopped to fight from Desolation!

I wanna give a special shout out to the sylvari TLA thief for trying to hunt me down in 90% of the fights we had today. It really made my day and made the raid a lot more interesting for me as I had to be 100% focused all the time. Kinda wish I could have a thief like that focusing me every day :P

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in Match-ups

Posted by: Weli.4568

Weli.4568

Thanks to FIRE for the fun fights on our part too Hopefully we meet again tomorrow.
The movement and water fields, just nice. GG

Scatter the Weak [WK], Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]
Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eniav.9064

Eniav.9064

Ty for fights on underworld tonight, went without a tag for a very rare change had some very nice fights.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

Great job [FIRE] hope the see more players with your spirit!

[ROCK]
Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Knackers.8562

Knackers.8562

Funny how my posts are getting moderated for insulting apparently, but it’s fun to watch ag cry lol. It’s not our fault you guys don’t have coverage at night and that’s not the reason we are winning anyways, we are just superior. Most of the time in our borderlands we have unorganized people running around since it’s hard to get a whole guild in with the que , but we are still winning without organization most of the time so … what does that say about ag? Regarding the people crying about blobbing up it’s nothing wrong with that, nearly every server we have been up against do the same thing even ag lol, so it’s a bit hypocritical. And why is it that they can insult us and not get moderated while there is a different rule for us?

PS: About us being the only server who has good coverage the following servers below had decent and pretty much the same amount of coverage as us and they didn’t complain.
Gandara
Abaddon’s Mouth

Even Fort Ranik , and they did much better than you guys against us.

Most of the time? the only time Deso is winning is during offpeak hours, when we come online we steamroll your zerg, and every night for the past week does show that we are capable of pinning you down at equal numbers. Yes you may be superior but only because of your night capping capabilities, no more

Bragging about steamrolling pugs and pve players? Your good….Its a poor league with poor servers so stop the self praise lol

Stop using “Pve” and “pugs” as an excuse to everything, we complain about offpeak, and you complain about people “clogging” up the queue, we do have queues on all BLs during prime time too, and those steamrolling im talking about is in EB, which is also againts our pugs/pvers

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

Don’t feed the trolls. The PPT trolls taking credit for “coverage = skill” quoted from Damon Carter.

Silver league is actually one of the best if not the best. Nearly all guilds worth mentioning and fighting have migrated to servers within this league. Makes prime time most weeks amazing. Turn the next corner and bham fighting another strong guild.

We all have different opinions of “good league” “poor league” there are only really 2 “poor” servers in this league. UW lost their spirit and some guilds – I remember the first time we fought them amazing pug and small guild stuff. Deso who are for the most part like JadeSea, lots of numbers very little skill. Note I say “most part”, your bad zergs and players are more prominent cause you have more of them.

Take a page out of abbadons book, while most of their zergs are bad, when they get organised they bring some of the biggest ugliest meanest blobs around. A real challenge to lock horns with.

Let us go back to how the first few pages were shall we. People need to understand the concept that is “WvW” fight what’s in front of you and Fudge caring about the PPT end of the week score. We all have lives, don’t let the game suck it dry. A server wins or loses by its 24 hour coverage. Not by what happens when every server has a queue like at reset or primetime. So don’t moan about a crap server finishing first due to coverage and don’t brag about a bad league – points win prizes. Play at primetime and see how well you do, you’ll see its not a bad league after all.

All guilds in silver league shall read a deso pug saying how bad silver league is and think, really? They don’t complain though as the 100s of lootbags at the end of the week makes up for losing to coverage.

WvW isn’t competitive, 9 out of 10 servers realised it and play for the action, the fun, the fights. A few are still deluded into thinking hitting empty keeps at 5am is skill.

End of the day people play when they can, timezones, work patterns. It needs to be 24/7 all gaming time needs to be equal, it’s when people like dyno and co harp on about a “poor” league, really irks me.

TL:DR – I love silver league and love the variety of guilds spread across it. Dislike scrubadubs bad mouthing silver league.

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in Match-ups

Knackers.8562

“The only hours that should matter are the hours I play!”

I think this is what I distilled this thread down to.

Pretty much sums up this thread, AG is a joke anyways, and the only reason they are doing good in prime time is because we can’t get in our wvw guilds since the borderlands are always full. If it wasn’t for that we would be dominating in prime as well. If all the previous silver league servers we played managed to get similar coverage against us during morning/night then i don’t see the issue.

Aaaand another excuse, we are a joke for fighting back, the “kittenty” silver league players fighting with the so called “Superior” server.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shtra Quo.1932

Shtra Quo.1932

Just one question: When was the last time an aurora glade group met an equal sized organized deso group during their so called primetime?

Our guild is mostly running in a small group of 5-10 and I just have to see any attack of us which isn’t stopped by an aurora guild group of 30+ even if there’s at least our numbers watching us from the ramparts for 5 minutes. And yes, there are these hilarious moments when you’re too slow and just come in a split second too late to stop us from capping. Like yesterday in Sunny Hill. I was the warrior running back into the tower and dying because I had to laugh so hard I totally forgot to pick up my loot. It was totally worth it. xD

Freck – You’ve been desolated!

in Match-ups

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Great fights in eb tonight, INVI had loads of fun. It’s much more enjoyable to see AG fight on the battlefield rather than the forums because you guys are great fun

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Match-ups

Knackers.8562

Very fun fights with INVI in EB tonight =) we knew things got serious when you guys come around the corner.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rynier.3629

Rynier.3629

Invi i came here to post the exact same thing. Thanks for the fights in EB tonight. It was crazy fun . thanx for not going the " build more AC`s route ) We had some very good open field fights and the most fun ive had in ages. We were a pug group but our numbers swung it in our favor and if we didnt spot that train in time we lost 20+ in literally seconds.

That was some incredible fighting you brought and made us work for every tower. Thanks for this

in Match-ups

Amelia Knox.9362

Ty for the fights God and Exg Group in Uw border

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

tbh, i have no idea what is going on with deso coverage. i can not believe that pve players that are doing night shifts in wvw have that kind of RL schedule, or that they did pve stuff in those hours.

only explanation i can get is they are having a blast. and i am glad for it. ill see all you guys in a few months. deso will do its best to keep as many of pve guys in wvw and to train them. give us more then two weeks and you’ll get your fights.

if complaining that deso is bad makes you guys feel good, go for it, but keep in mind that you are fighting two weeks old wvw players. You are really tough:P

in Match-ups

kribre.9683

I will get an organised force online during prime time before the end of the week and will make you guys eat every bit of bragging that has be thrown forward. Da Pain Train is coming, the question is, are you ready?

To bad it will be on thursday when we’re not raiding :/ your train seems fun to fight and would have been interesting to be able to fight it with the guild during our playtime ^^ To bad we dont raid on thursdays :/

Tripilios

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khrums.3765

Khrums.3765

To bad it will be on thursday when we’re not raiding :/ your train seems fun to fight and would have been interesting to be able to fight it with the guild during our playtime ^^ To bad we dont raid on thursdays :/

No worries, we can put that story between other like Dragons, Unicorns, Mermaids or Big Foot every one know is myth

Hand of Blood [HoB] Piken Square , VII Overflow

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bubbles.1047

Bubbles.1047

So, a silver league server wipes us during prime time and brags about it, while at the same time arguing we should be in gold, even though we are clearly weaker than them. That pesky logic, how does it work?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nohealz.7189

Nohealz.7189

Most WvW guilds EU are located in the silver league. Not too many at all in “more competitive league”. As you said you’re new and not up to speed on such matters

Well, from Desolation, we had alot of good WvW guilds, but once the season started we had lost IRON, Coin, FG, AFTL and DVG.

And what I know, DVG had alot of capable players who were if not the best in Deso, then in the top tier.

I dont know if you were aware of this, but now you know.

euh DVG consisted out of mostly uplevelled chars and were mostly good at blobbing. No skill required there tbh.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

So, a silver league server wipes us during prime time and brags about it, while at the same time arguing we should be in gold, even though we are clearly weaker than them. That pesky logic, how does it work?

you are clearly weaker at prime time only and some parts of the day; during the night and the morning, you zerg us into oblivion, that’s why you should be in gold league.

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in Match-ups

Weli.4568

you are clearly weaker at prime time only and some parts of the day; during the night and the morning, you zerg us into oblivion, that’s why you should be in gold league.

I hope you realize that in Gold league the opponents run the same karma train in the mornings. But they have better organisation and even more people than us. So we’d just get roflstomped in there. In prime and off hours

I’m not enjoying this either. Mornings used to be fun but when we are ticking over 600 I just say meh and go play something else. But the thing that somebody above me said that even Fort Ranik had better morning/night force is true. I’m not trying to be offensive I’m just stating the facts here. I’m not even proud that we tick that much. It sucks tbh because there’s nothing to do in the mornings. So in this matchup ive saved the playing till prime time when there’s actually good fights going on even tho Deso is ticking 145 at times. I just want good fights man. And yesterday we got them while running as TLA. It was awesome even tho we lost almost all of the encounters. I’m sorry if someone took anything stated above offensively. No harm intended.

Desolation

in Match-ups

kribre.9683

Reason Fort Ranik have better coverage is that they recieve a 200 man NA guild that raids with 40-70 people. And they received them right before the league. In addition to this, they also have/had a canadian guild on their server since launch.
Think that pretty much explain why the coverage to Fort Ranik is so good during night time.

Tripilios

in Match-ups

Weli.4568

Yes i think that was the reason. Oh well, have a nice rest of the week if you can and see you guys on the battlefields.

Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bubbles.1047

Bubbles.1047

You’ve obviously never played in the top tier, so please allow me to clue you in on something: as much as you are no match for us, in terms of PPT, we are outmatched tenfold by gold servers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: hallonknopp.6532

hallonknopp.6532

Just for your information, tiers haven’t excisted for some time now (well kind of back now with the league) and the matches was kind of randomized. So AG have been up against all top servers (except SFR). So I think most of the players at AG have played more or less all the servers that now are in the gold league.

Random PUG (scum)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khrums.3765

Khrums.3765

Too big for silver league too small for golden that is story of Desolation.

Silver league is all about good fights at EU prime time and reason for so many WvW guilds from top tiers move to silver servers, no one care here about PPT or night time PVE you guys doing, we seek fights not points for server that is reason this match-up is call boring. We could ask for bit more from ex-T1 server but you guys losing all t3 structures in just 1h of EU prime time, little or none resistance even with border full of players (queue) and catching up when L2 servers don’t play isn’t what we looking for.

I wish you guys success in rebuild your WvW community and fun in L1 after this league end.

Hand of Blood [HoB] Piken Square , VII Overflow

(edited by Khrums.3765)

in Match-ups

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Great fights in eb tonight, INVI had loads of fun. It’s much more enjoyable to see AG fight on the battlefield rather than the forums because you guys are great fun

/bow

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: gjop.8612

gjop.8612

Too big for silver league too small for golden that is story of Desolation.

Silver league is all about good fights at EU prime time and reason for so many WvW guilds from top tiers move to silver servers, no one care here about PPT or night time PVE you guys doing, we seek fights not points for server that is reason this match-up is call boring. We could ask for bit more from ex-T1 server but you guys losing all t3 structures in just 1h of EU prime time, little or none resistance even with border full of players (queue) and catching up when L2 servers don’t play isn’t what we looking for.

I wish you guys success in rebuild your WvW community and fun in L1 after this league end.

Yes we’re a ex-T1 server with an emphasis on the ex but everyone saying we tanked so we could win the silver league right? Your post highlights one of the many reasons why we have dropped in ranking and as soon as a commander logs and nobody tags up it’s usually game over and this is a major issue for our server. The intresting thing is that when this occurs your server and other’s have no problem with what is boarderline PvD’ing (bragging and posting screens about how you owned deso also) but when it happens to your sever off peak or prime time they come and complain on the forums.

Are there times when we get beaten and outplayed, of course.

(edited by gjop.8612)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rock.7324

Rock.7324

First off, to explain; I’m not a pro, or a dedicated wvw player (or a dedicated PvE,PvP player either, I play for fun) but I have experience in PvP fighting as it’s something that I enjoy.

I’m gonna write down some observations from a “casual” POV;

Desolation prime time is horrible. Now, it can be due to “PvE” players coming in for their achievements (I’m not judging, it’s a good incentive to play wvw more) and simply not following the commander, but I honestly believe there are greater problems. I was in UW BL yday at around 8pm CET… at one point, there were 5 (five!) people with the commander while we had a queue before entering. I went back to count (after getting wiped 4 times by AG blob that, at that time, started to take keeps off of us) and we had over 20 people just afking at the start. Then we had about 10 more who were buying stuff off of vendors, and about 10 more who were running around and probably waiting for the rest of the guild (maybe farming, dunno)…

so, all in all, about 30% of the people in the entire BL was not even cannon fodder, let alone doing something worthwile with the objectives…now take into account the amount of people who solo roam, or are doing jumping puzzles etc. and we’re almost up to 50% of players not actually doing anything for the server.

With that in mind, you can’t possibly expect us to give you the opportunity for a better fight.

In my experience, Deso puts up a good fight when there are even numbers of people fighting, regardless of people not being on TS, but it’s rather hard to win anything when your blob has twice as many people as ours.

I don’t really know the solution to fixing this, but something needs to be done.
An AFK timer doesn’t do anything as people move a bit and it’s restarted.
You can’t even put a “no fighting timer” because there are scouts out there who don’t really fight, but rather enjoy reporting, so it would be unfair towards them.

Maybe “objective AFK timer”, as in, if you’re not in the vicinity of an objective (attacking or defending) for more than 5 mins, you get a kick.

Sorry for this being so long. Just had a feeling that something needs to be done to make wvw more enjoyable. Maybe some of you can come up with something…

See ya out there peeps.

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *
Rockbaby – Asura Guardian, Desolation EU :)
Rockavenger – Dwarf Paladin, Bronzebeard EU :D

in Match-ups

Posted by: zagaraad.5180

zagaraad.5180

Great matchup! Got my Blue WvW jump puzzle achievement yesterday.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

So that you could have a shot at 3rd place?
Sorry, couldn’t resist.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in Match-ups

Amelia Knox.9362

@Rock Which Blob are you talking about? we were in UW border yesterday, every guild group runned on his own, with no commander icon, we went to your spawn multiple times, to wait for a fight, fought Exg and God multiple times, then they started attacking together and we got a nice fight.

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader