Week 3 Underworld / Desolation / Aurora Glade

in Match-ups

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

So, a silver league server wipes us during prime time and brags about it, while at the same time arguing we should be in gold, even though we are clearly weaker than them. That pesky logic, how does it work?

you are clearly weaker at prime time only and some parts of the day; during the night and the morning, you zerg us into oblivion, that’s why you should be in gold league.

So that you could have a shot at 3rd place?
Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Mostly so that we could have server who provides entertainment (read fights), when we´re playing and not at 6am.

Apart from reset i´ve been on 2 raids this week, both started really really slow, untill late at night ( well late from my perspective, towards the end of usual eu primetime anyhow) when deso blob comes out and starts to offer some action.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

Most WvW guilds EU are located in the silver league. Not too many at all in “more competitive league”. As you said you’re new and not up to speed on such matters

Well, from Desolation, we had alot of good WvW guilds, but once the season started we had lost IRON, Coin, FG, AFTL and DVG.

And what I know, DVG had alot of capable players who were if not the best in Deso, then in the top tier.

I dont know if you were aware of this, but now you know.

euh DVG consisted out of mostly uplevelled chars and were mostly good at blobbing. No skill required there tbh.

No, they had most of our dedicated WvWers who would be on from morning till night.

Broski

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nev.5316

Nev.5316

So, a silver league server wipes us during prime time and brags about it, while at the same time arguing we should be in gold, even though we are clearly weaker than them. That pesky logic, how does it work?

you are clearly weaker at prime time only and some parts of the day; during the night and the morning, you zerg us into oblivion, that’s why you should be in gold league.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Mostly so that we could have server who provides entertainment (read fights), when we´re playing and not at 6am.

Apart from reset i´ve been on 2 raids this week, both started really really slow, untill late at night ( well late from my perspective, towards the end of usual eu primetime anyhow) when deso blob comes out and starts to offer some action.

If you read the thread you will know why, and wvw is a 24 hour battleground if you can’t fight at all times maybe you guys should think about going bronze since other silver league servers can provide same numbers as us during those times and it’s pretty ignorant that some of the people from your server think they are better because they dominate at the times you guys can get in organized guilds while we can’t.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

I guess then you will have the chance to show your worth in round #4 and #5. Else, this is just trolling.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

apologies beforehand if you meet PT today, we’re doing an alt run to shake the boredom of the week

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Knackers.8562

Knackers.8562

Yeah saw a few PT in eb 30 minutes ago

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Congrats Deso you have won this match up fair and square, no complaints from me.
/salute to Underworld for losing with dignity you have won my respect for that.
To my fellow AG players that came here to cry, please stop it, you’re making everyone look bad, that is all.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Congrats Deso you have won this match up fair and square, no complaints from me.
To my fellow AG players that came here to cry, please stop it, you’re making everyone look bad, that is all.

Yip they have won it, no one can deny it.. I just wish I could of found more Deso players to fight… well I say more but not the hordes that it has been hilarious getting to chase me across EB at times.. really it takes 10-15 of your zerg to run down 1 UW player … awesome.
Then again having stayed up a few times this week to see just what Deso do as the early hours nightcappers come in.. golem rushing empty towers and a keep with 3 people defending… I truly bow to your awesome wood and stone overpowering skills.

AG on the other hand have been good fun.. I like the risky small group runners you have been putting out across EB.. small groups but that have some darn fine skills to offer “bows with respect”…. but I have a complaint ! – -

Why you not like me fearing all those Deso scrubs sitting behind the lines of warding tricky traps waiting for you to come over Durios bridge.. yip I have spied watched that several times while roaming Umberglade and rushed in, feared them out to you, hilarious btw when I run in and see them run uncontrollably out to you, fall into the water or the valley other side"… but then you rush the rest, wipe them them and come get the Horny Asuran Necro who is still laughing at his evil work – – why you no nice …..we be nice to you precioussss, yes we be nice to you!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

VII / HoB / TUP / VcY if you guys can all get in one BL tomorrow and i can get a full zerg in we’ll have a fun night. We will be blobbing so i’ll forwarn you now. Zerg vs 4 guilds sounds fun

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

Yip they have won it, no one can deny it.. I just wish I could of found more Deso players to fight… well I say more but not the hordes that it has been hilarious getting to chase me across EB at times.. really it takes 10-15 of your zerg to run down 1 UW player … awesome.
Then again having stayed up a few times this week to see just what Deso do as the early hours nightcappers come in.. golem rushing empty towers and a keep with 3 people defending… I truly bow to your awesome wood and stone overpowering skills.

AG on the other hand have been good fun.. I like the risky small group runners you have been putting out across EB.. small groups but that have some darn fine skills to offer “bows with respect”…. but I have a complaint ! – -

Why you not like me fearing all those Deso scrubs sitting behind the lines of warding tricky traps waiting for you to come over Durios bridge.. yip I have spied watched that several times while roaming Umberglade and rushed in, feared them out to you, hilarious btw when I run in and see them run uncontrollably out to you, fall into the water or the valley other side"… but then you rush the rest, wipe them them and come get the Horny Asuran Necro who is still laughing at his evil work – – why you no nice …..we be nice to you precioussss, yes we be nice to you!!

salutes
I love this guy^^
That is truly one of the funniest things I have read in these forums.
They were probably pugs looking for another loot bag, if it had been me commanding, I would have gotten the zerg to all salute you

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in Match-ups

Knackers.8562

Yes desolation has won the match up fair and square =) Night capping isnt an excuse, tho i would miss Desolation and their lootbag holding train in EB every prime time hours, its always nice to see Desolation come back over and over and over again no matter how many times they have been runned down. Your dedication astounds me =) btw we have nothing to be proud of, after all in EB we are all just pugs and pvers as well.

in Match-ups

Strang.8170

I guess then you will have the chance to show your worth in round #4 and #5. Else, this is just trolling.

Show our worth to whom? Panel of judges gathered by the unwavering authority of da intarwebs?
Nah, we just hope there´s plenty of action in the next rounds during our chosen playtime time, that´s all we want.

If you read the thread you will know why, and wvw is a 24 hour battleground if you can’t fight at all times maybe you guys should think about going bronze since other silver league servers can provide same numbers as us during those times and it’s pretty ignorant that some of the people from your server think they are better because they dominate at the times you guys can get in organized guilds while we can’t.

I don´t particulary care wether we can fight ppt wise or not, my comment was to explain why some of us would want deso to be in gold.
As for what league we should be in…well, rest of the the silverleague has demonstrated in the past that they can offer us good fights during prime, so i´m gonna say this is exactly where we want to be (Majority of wvw guilds being in silver is also a factor which tells us we want to be here).

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khrums.3765

Khrums.3765

VII / HoB / TUP / VcY if you guys can all get in one BL tomorrow and i can get a full zerg in we’ll have a fun night. We will be blobbing so i’ll forwarn you now. Zerg vs 4 guilds sounds fun

That is Deso we talk about ^^ lets have some good fights at neutral ground in UW our and your border will be overload so best chance is to get in to UW

Hand of Blood [HoB] Piken Square , VII Overflow

in Match-ups

Strang.8170

Zerg vs 4 guilds sounds fun

Sounds like it would be one of those fights where i can use 1 skill per figth…skill lag, ugh…

VII was raiding thursday wasn it?
Tup usualy doesn´t so don´t hold your breaths, not sure about the rest.

However we do raid tonight.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

lol, i havent seen so much drama since i was on Far Shiverpeaks server…. AG, you truly do not know how to admit defeat do you?

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Match-ups

Knackers.8562

And it was like that everyday since friday on prime time =o

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rapti Bloodspill.5302

Rapti Bloodspill.5302

So what happened with tonight?

Bow before the Mighty Charr!
Rapti Bloodspill [PT] – Desolation[EU]

in Match-ups

Knackers.8562

Was fun match up, but the amount of kitten in this thread by some of the Forum Warriors is just huge.
@Forum Warriors who whine that peak time and Deso = sucking all the time… Please describe peak time.

No its was a boring matchup. Yes, this constant whining on the forum is still pretty childish.

Once for all times, maybe you should explain it on Desolation forums or bring it to your TS so you dont have to ask on every page again. Prime time on EU servers is when most people come back from work/school/university, go to the grocery store, have a nice dinner and go play some GW2. It starts around now (~19 GMT) and ends when people go to bed. Its not 4-7 am in the mornings when people stand up to play their “shift” before they do all those things.
Dont come with the “but people work at nights and we have americans” argument. 1st group is really small and the 2nd group should go play on their own servers. Maybe then they wouldnt have this giant population drop after t1…..

I dont care if you play your shifts at 4-7 am, I dont care if you brag with 600+ ppt screenshots from 5am in the morning. However I do care about action in prime time. And this is where you fail to deliver. Thats why people are so mad.

Yet they are ignorant to the facts and have no reason to be mad. This is world v world ( 24 hour battlefield). Nobody cares about ppt, we are one of the biggest pve servers and we have a lot of pugs who are not willing to listen during those times and come wvw solely to do achievements and not help out at all ( Mostly during PPT where most people finish work/school etc to come and play), but meh that doesn’t even matter point is even without having organized guilds being able to get in during ppt we are still winning as a whole. Every matchup prior to this the oppositions had equal numbers during morning/night, and i can guarantee you that there is not as many people during the night/morning as you guys claim there to be and we had a lot of fun playing those servers since they were a challenge at all times. Regarding coverage, yes we have more coverage than your server but so do those other servers in the silver league, it’s not our fault that you have a population of a bronze league server. Your server is one of the only servers along with uw who cannot provide the numbers which is not our fault. If you don’t like the design of wvw being a 24 hour battleground quit or make a suggestion to anet to change it ( This is not aimed at the user quoted but to everyone who is mad). But the whining here is pointless since we are doing nothing wrong as a server but yeah for all those organized guilds wanting to fight a organized deso guild, PT will be doing a guild rush tomorrow. For time/borderlands info whisper Ins or message him via forum.

PS: World V World is not always about having good organization “at all times”, you need numbers as well and you cannot be better than a server if you don’t have the numbers to compete against them.

You dont get it, we dont care about PPT, nor do we care about your night crew, we arent complaining about how you are winning due to coverage =) we are talking about challenge during prime time, other than that, when you having people saying apparently you are the “superior” server, we love to see your “superiority” when we are playing which is during prime time hours, which isnt showing really. Im mostly commanding EB but during prime time when we have our “pugs” up we dont find much of a challenge other than “oo SM is tier 3 lets cap it”. And you guys giving an excuse of “pvers” and “pugs” doesnt really work since we also work with those type of players as well.

in Match-ups

Nev.5316

Was fun match up, but the amount of kitten in this thread by some of the Forum Warriors is just huge.
@Forum Warriors who whine that peak time and Deso = sucking all the time… Please describe peak time.

No its was a boring matchup. Yes, this constant whining on the forum is still pretty childish.

Once for all times, maybe you should explain it on Desolation forums or bring it to your TS so you dont have to ask on every page again. Prime time on EU servers is when most people come back from work/school/university, go to the grocery store, have a nice dinner and go play some GW2. It starts around now (~19 GMT) and ends when people go to bed. Its not 4-7 am in the mornings when people stand up to play their “shift” before they do all those things.
Dont come with the “but people work at nights and we have americans” argument. 1st group is really small and the 2nd group should go play on their own servers. Maybe then they wouldnt have this giant population drop after t1…..

I dont care if you play your shifts at 4-7 am, I dont care if you brag with 600+ ppt screenshots from 5am in the morning. However I do care about action in prime time. And this is where you fail to deliver. Thats why people are so mad.

Yet they are ignorant to the facts and have no reason to be mad. This is world v world ( 24 hour battlefield). Nobody cares about ppt, we are one of the biggest pve servers and we have a lot of pugs who are not willing to listen during those times and come wvw solely to do achievements and not help out at all ( Mostly during PPT where most people finish work/school etc to come and play), but meh that doesn’t even matter point is even without having organized guilds being able to get in during ppt we are still winning as a whole. Every matchup prior to this the oppositions had equal numbers during morning/night, and i can guarantee you that there is not as many people during the night/morning as you guys claim there to be and we had a lot of fun playing those servers since they were a challenge at all times. Regarding coverage, yes we have more coverage than your server but so do those other servers in the silver league, it’s not our fault that you have a population of a bronze league server. Your server is one of the only servers along with uw who cannot provide the numbers which is not our fault. If you don’t like the design of wvw being a 24 hour battleground quit or make a suggestion to anet to change it ( This is not aimed at the user quoted but to everyone who is mad). But the whining here is pointless since we are doing nothing wrong as a server but yeah for all those organized guilds wanting to fight a organized deso guild, PT will be doing a guild rush tomorrow. For time/borderlands info whisper Ins or message him via forum.

PS: World V World is not always about having good organization “at all times”, you need numbers as well and you cannot be better than a server if you don’t have the numbers to compete against them.

You dont get it, we dont care about PPT, nor do we care about your night crew, we arent complaining about how you are winning due to coverage =) we are talking about challenge during prime time, other than that, when you having people saying apparently you are the “superior” server, we love to see your “superiority” when we are playing which is during prime time hours, which isnt showing really. Im mostly commanding EB but during prime time when we have our “pugs” up we dont find much of a challenge other than “oo SM is tier 3 lets cap it”. And you guys giving an excuse of “pvers” and “pugs” doesnt really work since we also work with those type of players as well.

It’s not an excuse try changing over to Deso and getting into eb for example i can guarantee you will be waiting 1-2 hours during prime, how do you expect us to get a whole organized guild out there during that time, and we can’t do nothing about the people who are not willing to listen or contribute. Like you said i don’t think you guys had much challenge capping the t3 stuff why do you think that is? Lack of organization and people not willing to help the server. They do nothing but clog up our que and not let the people who want to help get in, and they are not the reason the towers etc are t3 anyways so i wouldn’t expect them to defend it either. And that won’t change til season ends and anet removes the living story wvw incentive.

Thanks to the moderator deleting all my posts, the reason for it doesn’t even make sense.

Edit 2: And i still don’t see the reason why you guys should be mad anyways, i would be happy if i get to farm people in full zerker gears during prime time.

(edited by Nev.5316)

in Match-ups

Nev.5316

And you guys giving an excuse of “pvers” and “pugs” doesnt really work since we also work with those type of players as well.

Edit 3: There is no way you can compare pugs from AG to the pugs of Desolation. We are the highest populated PVE server in Europe, we have way more people than you can dream off, and i can guarantee you that your server don’t have any ques remotely close to our server. So it would be pretty ignorant to say that.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

Also, to the forums warriors: is it OK if we say that Deso won on points, but morally AG is the winner because they are better in prime time?
Peace.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

@Rock: While in theory the idea behind stopping the afkers at spawn, is good in principle. The idea of away from objectives for 5mins = kick is terrible

A lot of guilds roam and fight zergs/each other 90% of their time. Of which fights happen anywhere. Had random clashes with 1 guild then another, then a zerg, etc etc… away from objectives lasting various lengths – to kick a guild or even roamers for fighting around the map (away) from objectives would be a terrible idea.

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Weli.4568

Weli.4568

Thanks FIRE and HoB for the fun fights again. We sadly spent first hour of our event PvDing but luckily you made the one hour waiting worth it. It’s unlikely that we get to fight again so I wish all the best to you and your server till we meet again ^^ Have good one you all. And keep on fighting.

Scatter the Weak [WK], Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]
Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

I downed an ele and let it die to a veteran wolf tonight… Am I a bad person?

Broski

in Match-ups

Bloodstealer.5978

Thanks AG for some fun with Deso tonight on EB… whilst we cant match your numbers we did try to put some heat on at Durios/Bravost whilst you were playing round at Quentin/Deso Keep but unfortunately our experienced players are fewer these days and were doing our best help some new comms and players to grow tactically and nights like tonight will go along way to doing that… but I am curious Deso you keepo saying that you cant get numbers into maps during Primetime.. I say rubbish, you just chose to hide those numbers behind your towers until nightcaps begin.. you had numbers in keep, numbers in Bravost/Quentin and you were still able to push SM as well… we saw those numbers all evening so that’s not numbers what is.
I just wish UW had the same lack of players getting in as you lot, we might be more effective throughout the season then.

But hey UW still has lots to learn for sure, like rushing T3 towers that are heavily sieged 3 times in a row isn’t a great idea, especially when we already began building siege outside of their ac range…. by the time the next wave of Deso hit from keep it was all over bar the WP’ing and finally it proved to be the breaking point and our numbers dwindled.. so were “back on the menu peeps” .
But hey it was good fun and loot bags a plenty.. added to that it bought UW some much valuable time to get its corner ship shape and prepared for the inevitable

Bows – hope we have some fun again sometime in the future when hopefully UW has regained a little of its former glory, the comms we have tagging in at the moment are certainly doing their utmost to see that happen…. good luck to all for the rest of the matchup and the season.

Peace

in Match-ups

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

Thanks to TLA, GT and GoD for some really intense fight at UW border tonight! A bit much handholding at some times but overall a very enjoyable raid with a lot of challenging fights!
We’ll cya another time in the future!

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in Match-ups

Posted by: NYRKKIPAULA.8051

NYRKKIPAULA.8051

Yes was a fun evening at UW BL, TY AG!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eniav.9064

Eniav.9064

Thanks to TLA, GT and GoD for some really intense fight at UW border tonight! A bit much handholding at some times but overall a very enjoyable raid with a lot of challenging fights!
We’ll cya another time in the future!

Yes it was very nice ty and the other guilds there for some very nice fights, ran last couple of raids without a tag a bit diffrent for us so its been awesome having so many great fights.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Also, to the forums warriors: is it OK if we say that Deso won on points, but morally AG is the winner because they are better in prime time?
Peace.

Only thing that AG can be proclaimed the “winner” of is having a low achievementhunter population.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rynier.3629

Rynier.3629

Wow. Humble pie had to be eaten tonight in EB. INVI was in a destroying mood tonight and some more guild groups joined them.. We had the wrong people stuck in ques and we paid desperetaly for it. Im glad we managed to put up some resistance but /bow to your blob tonight in prime time. I dont think we managed to take a tower more than 3 times where previous nights we could take any tower pretty much over and over. ( not bragging saying we got taste of the proper Deso tonight )

I dont think ive died this many times in ages. I had a 1300 ping to the server from SA tonight but not even that is an excuse.

Really well done to you okes and thanks for the solid hard fights.!

Ps: Invi wiped us once and you could clearly see they pulled their numbers back to allow 4 or 5 guys to get away and not hunt them down. respect for that attitude boys

post edited as original one sounded like a big excuse for getting crushed haha

(edited by Rynier.3629)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

TUP and NR calling it now on Deso border after 3h+ running circles without a considerable opposition. Once we saw you camping your only tower (NE) we decided its not worth trying anymore.

~ Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Wow. Humble pie had to be eaten tonight in EB. INVI was in a destroying mood tonight and some more guild groups joined them.. We had the wrong people stuck in ques and we paid desperetaly for it. Im glad we managed to put up some resistance but /bow to your blob tonight in prime time. I dont think we managed to take a tower more than 3 times where previous nights we could take any tower pretty much over and over. ( not bragging saying we got taste of the proper Deso tonight )

I dont think ive died this many times in ages. I had a 1300 ping to the server from SA tonight but not even that is an excuse.

Really well done to you okes and thanks for the solid hard fights.!

Ps: Invi wiped us once and you could clearly see they pulled their numbers back to allow 4 or 5 guys to get away and not hunt them down. respect for that attitude boys

post edited as original one sounded like a big excuse for getting crushed haha

Haha, we enjoyed those fights too, I’m enjoying those most in the matchup

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sylosis.7125

Sylosis.7125

Sorry to all the enemies that died at our hands this evening, INVI tagged up event was decided to be ran on EB.

I tagged up half way through and tbh was reluctant due to my ping being 500 and the normal performance ability of the eb pugs.

We were getting dbl teamed the whole time and i could not go too aggressive to capture towers etc etc, but still managed to flip a t3 tower.

Thankyou to all those on eb that joined me/us….you have put some faith back into my opinions on eb deso pugs…….on that note i hear we were being farmed on other maps…..so word of advice join INVI open raids!!!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Ty for the fights on Eb in late night Desolation!

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

Only thing that AG can be proclaimed the “winner” of is having a low achievementhunter population.

Our PvErs already got their achievements done so they are no longer filling up the queues. The first week nobody could get in, but thankfully our PvE guys are very efficient at what they do and finished up the achievement hunt in a short amount of time.

AG is after all a very high population server with a large PvE player base. But it’s good that they don’t do much WvW, otherwise nobody could get in. You guys need to do a better job of helping your PvE population get their achievements done so that they are gone!

Would’ve been interesting to see Deso vs AG on the first week of the season, we had queues even at 8AM.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

(edited by TheGreatA.4192)

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I haven’t been playing for a whole week but I imagine the QQ has been over a familiar theme, I’ve been on a break from the “graveyard” shift and the game cause I’ve been losing interest in playing for a while; the queues, lag and the quality level of our wvw has dropped to a level which has been frustrating. (the upcoming balancing patch doesn’t help matters!)

Most of us care about the PPT even though it may not be to many others liking; we’d rather face good resistance at night rather than it ending up PVD, and we lack the dedicated wvw guilds since many of them left in the past few months, or it’s just that the queues prevent us from getting our Guilds onto the same maps.

I think many of us know we could improve in organizing our pugs better but it’s not easy, the will to win Season One in the Silver Leagues among the community is high, personally I think the Leagues have only shown up the flaws of wvw even more.

Our dedicated wvwers will try to make the most of it and look forward to the good fights that we can find, while trying to do our best for the community.
I am sure we strive to improve ourselves no matter how long the PVE pugs will stay, we smell victory but we don’t want to grow a reputation that we’re bad fighters. or not very organized at prime time.

With those who are willing to learn, I hope we can change people’s minds about us for the duration of the leagues alongside us veterans.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rock.7324

Rock.7324

@Amelia Knox
I don’t know tbh. I have a horrible memory. I called it a blob, but it might have just been 20-25 people from the same guild, but due to the fact that there were 5-10 of us, we just kept getting “roflstomped” and it seemed like a big size blob.

@Dranul
Well, you are ofc right in that regard, it would be unfair to those people.
How about a combination of objective/no fight? … so, you’re either a scout (next to objective of somesort) or you’re fighting. If you don’t do either of those, you get a kick.

Or even better, a random message every 15mins asking you to click yes/no if you’re still here. If you’re afking, you will get a kick(as in, you won’t respond yes). If you’re in the middle of a fight, you won’t get the message.
That way the flow of people coming in the BL/BG would speed up, as more people (the ones that are afking) would leave and more people would then have a chance to come in. The people who play, and I mean really play, not afk, they will not be affected by this.

I dunno, it just seems that we’re, while being even in numbers, outnumbered when in an actual fight.

I have to admit tho, yday was a much better night than the other day (even though the lag was horrible).

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *
Rockbaby – Asura Guardian, Desolation EU :)
Rockavenger – Dwarf Paladin, Bronzebeard EU :D

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

@Rock i understand, i was thinking you were in one of the group of Exg or God because they had plenty of number to fight us, anyways no worry, i know the feeling yesterday to reach a commander in Eb i got ganked like 3 times in a row and waste 10min just running

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: MajkeMi.1876

MajkeMi.1876

Bring it on m8:)

Hand of Blood [HoB]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

Sounds like the ultimate lagfest, but let’s bring it!

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in Match-ups

Nev.5316

Our PvErs already got their achievements done so they are no longer filling up the queues. The first week nobody could get in, but thankfully our PvE guys are very efficient at what they do and finished up the achievement hunt in a short amount of time.

AG is after all a very high population server with a large PvE player base. But it’s good that they don’t do much WvW, otherwise nobody could get in. You guys need to do a better job of helping your PvE population get their achievements done so that they are gone!

Would’ve been interesting to see Deso vs AG on the first week of the season, we had queues even at 8AM.

Thanks for clarifying that you guys don’t have issues with ques, but you can’t possibly compare the population of AG’s pve community to Desolation we are probably the highest populated pve server in Europe so it’s natural that it’s going to take us longer to get rid of the pve community who are doing wvw solely for achievements without helping us at all..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Puz.8529

Puz.8529

Although mud slinging can be very amusing. I would like to correct something said in this thread (mainly by Desolation). I am from Gandara, so will comment on stuff you say about us!

Now onto the stats:
Statement: Gandara has the same amount of coverage around the clock.

Where this to be true, then why does Desolation gain MOST points during nighttime. Where we probably have 5 players for each map.

Proof: Look at the charts. http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/21/114
Check out the blue line in the income evolution chart and where it is highest. Yes, that is between roughly 4 to 8 in the night/morning where you finally come up on top and start gaining lots of points.

Now the same thing for your current matchup!
Proof: http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/15/
Your high point income moments all start between 1 and 2 AM. The time where most Europeans sleep or go to bed.

From that time the other servers have a struggle until their numbers are enough to compete (mind you, that in our case this meant we still had 1:3 odds against us, but we’ll win such fights).

Short version: Deso wins through night points. Uncontested, no fights required point income. I don’t like that, but hey it’s the way the game works atm. They outnumber ALL servers in the silver league matchups during those nighttimes..

Puz – TDA

in Match-ups

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

I think just that your PvE people might like WvW more than our PvE players does. We normally got an overflow in LA from around 2pm untill 1 am and the same with the zones were the PvE events are (like scarlet, this new toxic thing). Think it’s wierd that you guys would have both higher PvE population and WvW population when both servers are classified as very high populated. So I think the PvE numbers each of us have is pretty equal.

As TheGreatA said, during the first week of the living story in WvW we had queues from 9am on atleast two borderlands. These queues quickly dissapeared after two weeks when the new living story came out, but we are also hit by queues on all maps during primetime now, so u are not the only server that suffers from that. And our queue on EB can go all the way up to 3 hours at primetime, so not much difference there in queue time at primetime. I have no idea how the situation for Deso is outside of primetime, but seems like you can fill two borderlands during off-peak aswell, which I think you are the only server in silver league that can :P

But gratz on the victory Deso, well deserved with the amount of players you guys have had in WvW this week. Been a decent week, some good fights during EU-primetime with a shout out to GoD holding GT and especially TLA for running alone 9 out of 10 fights, biggest respect towards TLA, u guys rock!

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in Match-ups

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

/bow +1

Unfortunately in the heat of battle some people still lose their minds. We also sit with some new (PvE) players that have no respect.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Short version: Deso wins through night points. Uncontested, no fights required point income. I don’t like that, but hey it’s the way the game works atm. They outnumber ALL servers in the silver league matchups during those nighttimes..

I think in this thread already someone mentioned he was from GMT+8 timezone(I think Australia?) and someone told me(don’t know if it is true) that they have 2 NA guilds. Of course it is coverage.

Still fun for me from UW since we could fully upgrade our keep almost every day until night – then start retaking and upgrading again next day and defend our corner in EB. This was not possible against AM – they steamrolled even during the day.

in Match-ups

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

But hey UW still has lots to learn for sure, like rushing T3 towers that are heavily sieged 3 times in a row isn’t a great idea, especially when we already began building siege outside of their ac range…. by the time the next wave of Deso hit from keep it was all over bar the WP’ing and finally it proved to be the breaking point and our numbers dwindled.. so were “back on the menu peeps” .
But hey it was good fun and loot bags a plenty.. added to that it bought UW some much valuable time to get its corner ship shape and prepared for the inevitable

As liaison between your commander and ours, it was only a pleasure. After the UW backstabbing (or let’s call it misunderstanding, such are the tides of war after all) at SM on Saturday we were a little hesitant, but we all profited at the end while Tanko* didn’t. I’m truly sorry for your loss of supply right in the middle there, but just like some of your roamers jumped me and took Rogue’s in the middle of the team-up, so some of our small guilds and roamers thought Speldan and Pangloss was fair game. Our commander at the time sent his regards and thanks for the fun, even if I wasn’t able to convey that at the time we resumed hostilities towards UW.

As for Tanko, I also want to echo the respect to INVI. Fighting you guys really is fun, even if my ranger dies. Fighting the rest of your server, not so much. 1v1 they are soft little pin-cushions, 5-30v1 they just have no respect and think it is cool to /laugh after stomping my ranger. Newsflash: it is generally held that killing a ranger in WvW is not much of a feat. While killing mine is a little more of a feat, you should not /laugh in smug satisfaction. I will chalk it up to what many Tanko players have mentioned in this thread: the overcrowding by horribad PvEs during prime time.

Oh, and thanks for the laughs this morning Tanko. Destroying your 3 Omegas in front of our keep was serious fun. Not much of a challenge, but fun nonetheless.

• While I have respect for some Desolation players, including some who posted in this thread, I do use the term “Tanko” in a derogatory sense. Call it friendly ribbing if you feel generous, or outright trolling if you’re not.
Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rynier.3629

Rynier.3629

INVI !!!!!!!!!!!

See you on EB tonight guys. Hope there is less lag and that we can ( for us atleast ) stomp you tonight

in Match-ups

Posted by: shadow.7698

shadow.7698

INVI !!!!!!!!!!!

See you on EB tonight guys. Hope there is less lag and that we can ( for us atleast ) stomp you tonight

Not to sure if we will be on EB tonight most likely be on BL, we don’t tend to go to EB much but we will see

Saltcoats– Guardian [INVI] Eternal Invictus
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCftVT-hBflFFK_8lE2gqYEg

in Match-ups

Bloodstealer.5978

/bow +1

Unfortunately in the heat of battle some people still lose their minds. We also sit with some new (PvE) players that have no respect.

Hehe its no probs KyreneZA…. if the opportunity presents itself again I would still be rushing in fearing them into you then running back to that little Umber camp with an even bigger grin on my face, waiting for my well deserved stomp from a couple of AG.. it was priceless fun and well worth it imo…. Lets be honest I was standing in the middle of a supply camp which as we all know is a prize for the PvE’ers hunting achievements and also for us seasoned WvW players as well so .. all good fun nothing broken (though I have now developed a rather awkward limp:) )

As for yesterday, honestly even though we cud’nt pull enuff numbers and organisation to take Bravost it bought us time – we all knew at some point the wheels would fall off and as you said “UW would be back on the menu”…. I don’t think anyone would of expected anything different, but for maybe an hour we all had some stinks and giggles.. hope we can do that again sometime… btw apologies for UW stomping you, maybe in retaliation for those few who sliced my little ears off running down the ogre camp … please tell them I want them back, with winter coming the cold air seems to blow right through me now.

See you all tonight on EB maybe.. there be blue shirts a lurking I’m told

in Match-ups

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

PT is ready for you guys, expect some terror in UW bl.

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation