Week 7 - FA/SBI/DB [Wagon burning 2.0]

in Match-ups

Posted by: cobracommander.5861

cobracommander.5861

I’m so glad FA actively recruits unemployed people and students.

and convicts. We’re like the Australia of GW2

Darth
Necro
CD-FA-TC-HoD-SoS-TC-FA-SBI-SoS-JQ-ET-SFR-FA-DR

in Match-ups

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Good fights everyone. This has been a fun matchup. Props to FA for being extremely organized and disciplined. People who are willing to spend hours just standing in a tower keeping watch always amaze me, because you couldn’t pay me to do that. I’d rather lose, heheh.

Doubtful about the PvF award. No server wins that this season; every single one loses.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Pretty sure I know which thread won silver league in the PVF war…….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

I will take the trophy home.

Nox and I already were awarded Golden Trolls by the FA community.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Longest thread with “Most Tears Collected” goes to YB and EBay.

Those guys made it rain for a week straight. Extraordinary performance indeed.

#madprops

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

in Match-ups

Posted by: Juunro.7082

Juunro.7082

Pretty sure I know which thread won silver league in the PVF war…….

Hey, Yak. Go kitten a cactus.

Srsly.

Hey, FA, you’re alright.

Axe Murdering, Longbowing tiny Asura Mohawk’d Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

I’d just like to point out that Dragonbrand isn’t nearly organized enough to determine who gets 2nd place in this match up. We’re just here to annoy both of you and clear your wps while you sleep. =)
Trust me, we’re not 2v1ing anyone.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

I’d just like to point out that Dragonbrand isn’t nearly organized enough to determine who gets 2nd place in this match up. We’re just here to annoy both of you and clear your wps while you sleep. =)
Trust me, we’re not 2v1ing anyone.

~ Kovu

hahaha well as long as you’re having fun doing it

in Match-ups

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Longest thread with “Most Tears Collected” goes to YB and EBay.

Those guys made it rain for a week straight. Extraordinary performance indeed.

#madprops

but….but….I thought this thread had the potential?

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in Match-ups

Posted by: bigblah.3285

bigblah.3285

Quick, transfer to DB!

in Match-ups

Posted by: GabGar.4962

GabGar.4962

It seems we just saw the end of SBI, they can’t do anything agaisnt a coordinated server.

Better luck next time. RIP SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Roquefort.4160

Roquefort.4160

WHOA EVERYBODY NEEDS TO TAKE A STEP BACK AND CALM DOWN.

but in all seriousness, i feel bad for SBI’s oceanic. you clearly get ignored by the NA, seeing as there are alot of SBI in here who dont know you exist(“we cant rally more than 10 people past midnight pst”). Ive seen at least 1 float squad of 30 or so players in your OCX. your SEA had a group of about 30 on EB last night too. yall need to get to know your server better and understand that “whilst we’re asleep” actually means, “whilst our foreign players are trying their best but we dont care about them”

p.s. FA looking for ocx/sea to join our loving home

Unreal Aussies [uA]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

but in all seriousness, i feel bad for SBI’s oceanic. you clearly get ignored by the NA, seeing as there are alot of SBI in here who dont know you exist(“we cant rally more than 10 people past midnight pst”). Ive seen at least 1 float squad of 30 or so players in your OCX. your SEA had a group of about 30 on EB last night too. yall need to get to know your server better and understand that “whilst we’re asleep” actually means, “whilst our foreign players are trying their best but we dont care about them”

I do love them and appreciate what they do overnight, otherwise I wouldn’t join them until 5am for me 3-4 nights a week :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

Since you quoted me, I will reply….

I never go to EB, so I don’t know about their OCX. I am talking about the BL’s, which I am in every night, until 1-2 am PST. And yes, we can’t get 10 people to rally.

Someday people will realize that EBG is not where everything is, and start caring about the BL’s.

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Naztharius.7639

Naztharius.7639

It seems we just saw the end of SBI, they can’t do anything agaisnt a coordinated server.

lol your time will come when you reach gold league.

Commander Naztharius – [KWBH]
GM of Kingswood Brotherhood -SBI
Bringer Of Truth

in Match-ups

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

So you’re admitting that your server is conceding/collapsing in Silver League?

But no, we’ve been one of the most stable servers and getting out-coveraged in tier 2 for months and fighting more T1s than your SBI 2.0 Bandwagon. What makes you think it’ll happen when we go to the league where we should belong?

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

you’re starting to make little sense and I’m sensing some anger from you. If you want to continue stressing yourself over this, have fun. I guess.

I guess talking with pure logic comes off as angry and stressful nowadays. No skin off my bones, anyways.

But you’re trying too hard, putting effort into something that can be summed up in a response that goes: “Who Cares?”.

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Naztharius.7639

Naztharius.7639

But no, we’ve been one of the most stable servers and getting out-coveraged in tier 2 for months and fighting more T1s than your SBI 2.0 Bandwagon. What makes you think it’ll happen when we go to the league where we should belong?

I didn’t admit to anything. SBI is a strong server and people that fail to see it and ASSUME we are falling is false.

And to answer your question, I will ask a question. Compare week 1 to week 7. How come you guys are struggling to destroy us like you did in week 1?

Commander Naztharius – [KWBH]
GM of Kingswood Brotherhood -SBI
Bringer Of Truth

in Match-ups

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Cant wait for seasons to be over. Like I said before, it brings the bad out of most servers. Hoping to have some decent fights today

Commander Nachonix

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

Cant wait for seasons to be over. Like I said before, it brings the bad out of most servers. Hoping to have some decent fights today

+1

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

I didn’t admit to anything. SBI is a strong server and people that fail to see it and ASSUME we are falling is false.

And to answer your question, I will ask a question. Compare week 1 to week 7. How come you guys are struggling to destroy us like you did in week 1?

SBI will have a mass server exodus within the next 6 months. Just look at whaf happened to DB and Kain. You guys arent special little snowflakes. Also, its because we have DB in the matchup, who actually contest stuff unlike ioj who had a mass exodus prior to the leagues. (Thank Brother Alaric, MVP of FA season 1! Basically destroyed a server by himself)

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in Match-ups

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

SBI will have a mass server exodus within the next 6 months. Just look at whaf happened to DB and Kain. You guys arent special little snowflakes. Also, its because we have DB in the matchup, who actually contest stuff unlike ioj who had a mass exodus prior to the leagues. (Thank Brother Alaric, MVP of FA season 1! Basically destroyed a server by himself)

Right, a doomsayer, never been on SBI but can predict the future for us. Our community is very bonded and i highly doubt that would happen any time soon. Although, 6 months is a lot of time so anything can happen to any server. It always depends on x guild(s) looking for a change.

Although FA has been stable in T2/3, you guys woudn’t be there if it wasn’t because of IoJ guilds leaving ans joining your server.

Commander Nachonix

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

OMG some of these SBI dudes are writing books.

I think those jimmies were rustled.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: grabemx.9836

grabemx.9836

Almost half way to 30 pages. We can do it!!!

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Overlord.1035

Overlord.1035

I would just like to take this time to remind FA how terrible they are and how much better bags is than any of ur guilds and u should feel bad about being so bad u baddies.

Thank you for your time.

The Omnipotent(Guardian)Tragic Hero(Theif)
BAGS/HMMM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

I would just like to take this time to remind FA how terrible they are and how much better bags is than any of ur guilds and u should feel bad about being so bad u baddies.

Thank you for your time.

Who? 15characters

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kim.1598

Kim.1598

I am from SBI server.
I am looking for guild / party to battle 5vs5 (gvg).
Plz whisper to me.

in Match-ups

Posted by: cobracommander.5861

cobracommander.5861

I am from SBI server.
Plz whisper to me.

Post the fight time/location so we can come… Watch

Darth
Necro
CD-FA-TC-HoD-SoS-TC-FA-SBI-SoS-JQ-ET-SFR-FA-DR

in Match-ups

Kim.1598

I am from SBI server.
Plz whisper to me.

Post the fight time/location so we can come… Watch

Available until after 3 hours from now.
location = boderlands
Plz whisper to me

in Match-ups

Overlord.1035

Thank you for your time.

Who? 15characters

I know its hard to see other guild tags from inside ur 50 man blob but u should learn to show superior and more talented guilds more respect. Its unbecoming of irellevant zerglings such as yourself to talk to your betters in such a fashion.

BAGS/HMMM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

out of the SBI guilds I’ve faced since this matchup started I’d have to say [DR] is the most impressive. Good cohesion, good spot picking, pays attention to cooldowns, and most importantly does things for a reason.

Always fun fighting you, RET. Keep ’em coming FA. Filled my 140 bag slots so many times last night.

So much fun to harass Bay for so long. Hope we didn’t frustrate you too much last night. :P Also, ninja supply traps are the new meta.

fighting in bay is fun because it’s an open field fight genre keep

Hills is seige based and suuuuuuucks. Can’t even get people to defend it, it’s so boring.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in Match-ups

Zoel.9154

Right, a doomsayer, never been on SBI but can predict the future for us. Our community is very bonded and i highly doubt that would happen any time soon. Although, 6 months is a lot of time so anything can happen to any server. It always depends on x guild(s) looking for a change.

Although FA has been stable in T2/3, you guys woudn’t be there if it wasn’t because of IoJ guilds leaving ans joining your server.

We were in T3 forever before IOJ joined us, although it’s unlikely we would have gotten into T2 without them.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in Match-ups

Kim.1598

I am from SBI server.
Available until after 3 hours from now.
location = boderlands
Plz whisper to me.

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Thank you for your time.

Who? 15characters

I know its hard to see other guild tags from inside ur 50 man blob but u should learn to show superior and more talented guilds more respect. Its unbecoming of irellevant zerglings such as yourself to talk to your betters in such a fashion.

Hehe, SBI skill.

I saw a lot of it last night on your home BL. Yup, so good that garrison was all that your full queue could maintain on the map.

SBI #1 most skilled at crying NA

in Match-ups

Zoel.9154

So you’re making that assessment based on the fact I’m from FA? Ignorance at it’s finest.

Except it’s not, because as a FA person you preach about people being ignorant and hypocritical, however it’s the vast majority of your people who are the ones being hypocritical and ignorant. So yes, I’m allowed to make a statement based solely off the fact of what server you’re on and what you said. Don’t you love logic?

As a server leader I assure you that we are well aware of the number of hypocrites and ignoramuses on our server.

— signed, Brother Zoelaric.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in Match-ups

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

This week was a week of healing wounds in WvW SBI. As an old time PuGger that has seen WM and fought the Titan Alliance, I can say I am extremely proud of my server mates.

A few months ago we were fighting in tier 4 and 5. Then a few guilds come (BAEST and DDLG, ABYSS, DR – forgive me the ones I forget). The reason they come was a good one – some leaving higher tiers, some leaving their servers: to find a place where they can do WvW for the fun of it without the pressure to win regardless of costs or to carry a full server on their shoulders. They wanted a place where they could be themselves and enjoy the thing they liked.

(I do want to thank TE and Star for his part in luring these great players to our server. I disagree with you on a lot of stuff – but SBI WvW is a much funnier place because of that)

There was never a plan to rise to tier 1 or two – in fact, when there were still 2 leagues planned we were placed at the bottom of the first one. Some suggested we should tank to get into the second one – we laughed at them.

A few weeks after we were in the mix for gold league – with Mag and SoS (FA was tanking, as we know it). Kudos to those 2 – that 3 way battle for a poisoned prize was the greatest moment in this League fiasco.

We started Leagues in the worst position possible – on top of the Silver. Nowhere to go but down. We had tons of transfers and our guilds could not get on WvW maps because of the queues. Then there were all kind of people out there. And weeks of stomping mixed with weeks of low coordinated efforts. Our community was under pressure.

Then this week I realized that losing to YB/EB was the best thing that could happen to us.

I was pleased with what I saw. People coming out to fight with no other motivation but the joy of killing enemies. Scouting, havocking, sieging, escorting yaks. Guilds doing their thing on the map and effectively – for several days our NA prime time was rocking against top and motivated opposition. Our WvW guilds were both effective and at the right level of insanity to be here – it was entertaining to follow them.

Most of those that read this were not playing GW2 when the SBI motto came out – so I will take the time to explain it:

Log in – no matter the score or the situation, be there. Don’t give up. Be there for you, be there for your servermates.

Rock out – play the best you can. Do whatever you can – as long as you are enjoying doing it. Bags, kills are irrelevant – being satisfied with your play and your people is what matters.

S…w the points – PPT are irrelevant because they depend on stuff you and your guild cannot control. You can’t be there 24/7 – focus on what you do when you are on. This does not mean you don’t care about victory – just that you can’t carry the weight of a loss on your shoulders.

SBI is a better place to be at the end of the Silver league than it was at the start.

in Match-ups

Zoel.9154

Thank you for your time.

Who? 15characters

Hehe, SBI skill.

I saw a lot of it last night on your home BL. Yup, so good that garrison was all that your full queue could maintain on the map.

yes fa has never been in this position before.

(it actually happens all the time to almost everyone we face and ourselves because for whatever reason our servers think it’s a good idea to have like 3 major guilds attack the primary enemy BL then have 1 map driver defending, then complain about queues to get into home bl.)

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in Match-ups

Overlord.1035

Thank you for your time.

Who? 15characters

Hehe, SBI skill.

When did I say SBI had skill? I said bags had skill and we were on fa and db borderlands last night doing or usual wipes of ur 40-50 man terriblobs with our 12-13 man group. Learn to read before u respond next time plz ur embarrassing urself.

BAGS/HMMM

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

You didn’t say skill, I did.

And your skill is crying.

Sorry for having to clarify, but you were missing the point.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ActionCat.4162

ActionCat.4162

I love to watch how people try to burn each other because they are on this server, or that server, there have been so many transfers from whatever server to another server nobody even knows any more. The sad part is that no server is stable per say in regards to population, it can happen to any server.

What really .. annoys me is in wvw when servers that fight, only fight, when they have such superior numbers the other side has zero chance, and run from a fairly equal fight or even if they have more but are not certain of their number superiority.

That said, there would be many more epic fights and fun, if servers would just stop with the 1000 man zerg lag death bombs. Lagging your way to victory with a ton of people requires zero skill, all it requires is you facerolling your keyboard.

Please though everyone, do not forget why we play, tis for fun. So might i ask… why so serious? bahahahah :P

Attachments:

Commander ActionCat [BMO] – DragonBrand

in Match-ups

grabemx.9836

Thank you for your time.

WTF are you?

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

He probably doesn’t even play on either server in this match. Nobody has seen them.

in Match-ups

grabemx.9836

Thank you for your time.

Who? 15characters

Hehe, SBI skill.

When did I say SBI had skill? I said bags had skill and we were on fa and db borderlands last night doing or usual wipes of ur 40-50 man terriblobs with our 12-13 man group. Learn to read before u respond next time plz ur embarrassing urself.

I can make up random numbers 108% of the time. As a matter of fact our group of threeve wiped your group of eleventy godzillian.

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

This week was a week of healing wounds in WvW SBI. As an old time PuGger that has seen WM and fought the Titan Alliance, I can say I am extremely proud of my server mates.

A few months ago we were fighting in tier 4 and 5. Then a few guilds come (BAEST and DDLG, ABYSS, DR – forgive me the ones I forget). The reason they come was a good one – some leaving higher tiers, some leaving their servers: to find a place where they can do WvW for the fun of it without the pressure to win regardless of costs or to carry a full server on their shoulders. They wanted a place where they could be themselves and enjoy the thing they liked.

(I do want to thank TE and Star for his part in luring these great players to our server. I disagree with you on a lot of stuff – but SBI WvW is a much funnier place because of that)

There was never a plan to rise to tier 1 or two – in fact, when there were still 2 leagues planned we were placed at the bottom of the first one. Some suggested we should tank to get into the second one – we laughed at them.

A few weeks after we were in the mix for gold league – with Mag and SoS (FA was tanking, as we know it). Kudos to those 2 – that 3 way battle for a poisoned prize was the greatest moment in this League fiasco.

We started Leagues in the worst position possible – on top of the Silver. Nowhere to go but down. We had tons of transfers and our guilds could not get on WvW maps because of the queues. Then there were all kind of people out there. And weeks of stomping mixed with weeks of low coordinated efforts. Our community was under pressure.

Then this week I realized that losing to YB/EB was the best thing that could happen to us.

I was pleased with what I saw. People coming out to fight with no other motivation but the joy of killing enemies. Scouting, havocking, sieging, escorting yaks. Guilds doing their thing on the map and effectively – for several days our NA prime time was rocking against top and motivated opposition. Our WvW guilds were both effective and at the right level of insanity to be here – it was entertaining to follow them.

Most of those that read this were not playing GW2 when the SBI motto came out – so I will take the time to explain it:

Log in – no matter the score or the situation, be there. Don’t give up. Be there for you, be there for your servermates.

Rock out – play the best you can. Do whatever you can – as long as you are enjoying doing it. Bags, kills are irrelevant – being satisfied with your play and your people is what matters.

S…w the points – PPT are irrelevant because they depend on stuff you and your guild cannot control. You can’t be there 24/7 – focus on what you do when you are on. This does not mean you don’t care about victory – just that you can’t carry the weight of a loss on your shoulders.

SBI is a better place to be at the end of the Silver league than it was at the start.

Holy poop balls.

I think I’d rather read James Joyce’s Ulysses in German!

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

What’s that Tap Tap Tappin on that Garri door? That will be me tonight on SBIBL. Well.. if they even own it that is.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: icecreamsupernova.8956

icecreamsupernova.8956

Meh. This week is just dull, bring back the 2v1 atleast I got to farm eb and yaks for my legendary… this is just tedious, not enough drama, not enough bags compared to last week

sbi (shhh)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Roquefort.4160

Roquefort.4160

A few weeks after we were in the mix for gold league – with Mag and SoS (FA was tanking, as we know it).

was gonna read it all until that. the moment anyone in gw2 ever accuses another server of tanking is the moment they show they dont know anything about the mentality of WvW’ers.

we lost to mag, because mag came out strong that week, and our server was in panic mode and couldnt muster the defense needed. you can ask anyone from any server who actually played in that matchup, and they’ll tell you the same thing (but im sure you, the SBI player who wasnt there, knows better).

Unreal Aussies [uA]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: yksdoris.2194

yksdoris.2194

Meh. This week is just dull, bring back the 2v1 atleast I got to farm eb and yaks for my legendary… this is just tedious, not enough drama, not enough bags compared to last week

who’d’ve thunk?

actually, I agree. the drama last week was EPIC.

#ELEtism
Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: JetLu.1874

JetLu.1874

Had fun at SBI garri last night trebbing cows and seeing all those numbers pop up. And thanks to whomever from FA gave me a very cool axe drop. Such a sweet skin.

Crappy WvW player, but I try. SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

who’d’ve thunk?

actually, I agree. the drama last week was EPIC.

yaks stole our thunder, we were supposed to be the slayer of sbi hopes and dreams, but yaks came in and did it better than we ever could. pushed em to third place. In a super drama filled battle, full of tears.
It was like a movie, then just when you thought it couldnt get crazier, they got forced into 3rd.

man..

that was gw sports history right there.